Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Duffy

Real Name Duffy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 4555 (Master)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Phantom Doctrine Released
1. Re: Phantom Doctrine Released Aug 14, 2018, 20:37 CJ_Parker

Looks like it has major game-breaking issues according to the first wave of Steam reviews. I hope they will patch it up properly because it sounds like a great game on paper. I guess I'll check back in a year or so when it's patched and on sale.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Flight Sims versus Actual Flying
2. Re: On Flight Sims versus Actual Flying Aug 14, 2018, 20:29 CJ_Parker

If he "played" the Majestics Q400 sim then I'm sure he could easily learn how to start up and fly around in that plane. The hard part is bringing it back down in an organized fashion on a runway which he apparently failed at quite miserably. Seems like he should have studied navigation and landing procedures more thoroughly.

Cold start and take-off should be very easy to learn for the average Joe from detailed simulations though. The basic principles are always the same anyway. You need power (battery, APU), you need fuel flow and an ignition and then any aircraft from a Cessna to a 777 is ready to go.
You "only" need to know which switches to flick in what order to achieve power supply, fuel flow and the ignition which you can definitely learn from detailed flight sims such as Majestics Q400, the PMDG product line (for Boeing 737/747/777) or many Carenado/A2A small GA aircraft products for P3D v4.x.

I also remember how there was talk about banning detailed sims like FSX after 9/11 but that never really happened. Quite the opposite. PMDG planes, for example, are crazy detailed, though I have always been wondering whether they might be cooperating with the NSA by passing on customer information to them for background checks.

News Comments > Rune Early Access Next Month
1. Re: Rune Early Access Next Month Aug 14, 2018, 20:12 CJ_Parker

Fuck early access.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 14, 2018, 18:04 CJ_Parker

jdreyer wrote on Aug 14, 2018, 05:11:
CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 13, 2018, 20:20:
Lezz do it... "Operation Forest Freedom". Send them B-52s for some nature loving tender care!

Are you referring to the forest fires, or the blueberry-eating birds?

Why not strike two birds with one B-52?

News Comments > Jagged Alliance: Rage! Announced
11. Re: Jagged Alliance: Rage! Announced Aug 14, 2018, 18:00 CJ_Parker

Bbbbeeeeeewwwwwwllllllsheeeeeeetttt  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 13, 2018, 20:20 CJ_Parker

Lezz do it... "Operation Forest Freedom". Send them B-52s for some nature loving tender care!  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Aug 12, 2018, 16:57 CJ_Parker

What an idiot.

It also sounds very unlikely that he really had "thousands of dollars" worth of games.
Yes, Origin has more 3rd party games than many people realize, but to have thousands of $$$ on an Origin account, well, that would pretty much mean that you would have had to buy every single game on there at full price. It's hardly even possible otherwise.

The claim that EA/Origin has no record of his transactions is not very credible either. Regardless, he is a moron for not keeping his purchase confirmation e-mails. What a dipshit.

News Comments > Bethesda Blocked Game Sale Because of "New" Designation
14. Re: Bethesda Blocked Game Sale Because of Aug 12, 2018, 16:47 CJ_Parker

Agent.X7 wrote on Aug 12, 2018, 14:56:
My issue is: How do they know?

They have sniffer dawgs, dude. Real mean mofos, too. They just know, you know...

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider Trailer
3. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Trailer Aug 12, 2018, 15:08 CJ_Parker

Everything I've seen so far confirms that the writing and acting is once again shitty as fuck.
Rise of the Tomb Raider had you playing a moronic Lara like ... "oooohh should I really push on and continue my quest? ooooooohhhhh so scaaaarrrry... oooooohhhhh.... my gaaaaawwwwwddddd... can I really do it? ... ooooooohhhhhh...".

^ this happened all the time and was beyond retarded. There was no way back anyway because the path behind her collapsed every 20 seconds in spectacular glory. So what else was she gonna do than push forward? It was the only way. Just keep fucking going, genius.

So annoying... fucking amateur writers trying to create pseudo-drama where there was none.
Yes, I know that Pratchett wrote shit for RotTR and that she isn't an amateur on paper. Doesn't change the fact that the output was amateurish as hell.

And let's not even get started on her dweeb companions Jacob and Jonah. Holy shit. If you thought Lara was retarded then those two jokers opened a whole new dimension of fucking stupidity...

So, I'm definitely gonna wait for a deep discount on that Croft complete edition. Actually did the same for RotTR and bought the 20Y anniversary edition on sale.

News Comments > DOOM Eternal Gameplay Trailer
34. Re: DOOM Eternal Gameplay Trailer Aug 11, 2018, 14:42 CJ_Parker

Well, these super-simplistic Beavis and Butthead run&gun shooters in the vein of u-huh-huh *BOOM* "die bitch!" uhhhh-huhuhuhuhuh *BOOM* *BOOM* BOOM-BOOM* "ya dead bitch!" huhuhuhuhuhuhuhhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhhuh have never really appealed to me and even less so in 2018 where FPS have evolved to a point where it has become the norm to have more intricate gameplay and actual stories even in shooters.

Doom is the kind of shooter I could play for maybe half an hour to blow off steam when I'm pissed at my boss or maybe if I were too drunk or drugged to be playing anything more engaging. Luckily I have an OK boss and I don't drink or do drugs so... yawn.
I got bored to tears just by watching this repetitive footage already. Might be cool for today's teenagers but it's way too been there done that (in the mid 1990s) for me. Gaming has evolved past this simpleton shit. Pass.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 10, 2018, 16:19 CJ_Parker

You can also easily make a 1080Ti bleed at 1440p if you *really* max out everything instead of half-assing it by going with a lazy 'ultra' preset that is not even tuned for max quality.

If you don't want to make compromises then you can't have enough ooomph. I can't wait to replace my 1080Ti with a RTX (Ray-Tracing Xcellerator or wut?!? ) 2080 for a 1440p/144Hz screen.

I'm expecting 1080Ti + 20% performance from the RTX 2080. The 2070 should be about on par with the 1080Ti. It may depend a little on which models come with GDDR6 memory and which ones with GDDR5(X).

News Comments > Iron Harvest Backer Alpha Demo
1. Re: Iron Harvest Backer Alpha Demo Aug 10, 2018, 16:08 CJ_Parker

You can also find Let's Plays on PartyElite's channel. It's a pretty nice and friendly chap who is pleasant to watch and listen to.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
10. Re: etc., etc. Aug 10, 2018, 11:25 CJ_Parker

NKD wrote on Aug 10, 2018, 00:24:
I don't really have a strong opinion one way or the other, to me DRM is just invisible most of the time anyway. I do find it amusing how anti-DRM Blue's used to be and now everyone's in favor of putting as much DRM on as possible as long as it keeps cheapskates from getting free games.

I guess the industry wore customers down to the point where it's just accepted now?

I think the difference is in the intrusiveness or lack thereof. You literally can not tell whether a game has Denuvo or not. It is not even DRM actually. It is anti-tamper. It just sits there and guards the executable against tampering.
Unless you specifically look it up online, you'd never know if a game even comes with Denuvo or not.

The real DRM that people used to be pissed off about was much more intrusive and people claimed it "made you jump through hoops" (even if there was just a one-click online activation but whatever...).
You had to have the disc in the drive, you had to register an account and irrevocably tie your game to that account (Steam/Origin/uPlay etc.) DRM or activate a game online by connecting to the publisher's activation servers, you had machine installation/activation limits, yada, yada, yada...

The acceptance is higher because of the way Denuvo works but there is still a VERY vocal minority who like to act as if Denuvo is on the same level as virtual torture or something.

That's not surprising though. Piracy is a huge market all by itself. The pirates are pretty pissed off about how effective Denuvo is so they try to make up all kinds of shit to spread FUD about SSD degradation or performance issues, all of which has been proven to be complete beeeeeewwwllllshhhheeeet.

5. Re: etc., etc. Aug 9, 2018, 20:56 CJ_Parker

NKD wrote on Aug 9, 2018, 20:36:
CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 9, 2018, 20:17:
Denuvo rocks. Fuck the scummy stealing little pirate fuckfaces with a hot metal rod.

Denuvo games get cracked more easily these days. Not worth the licensing fee and bad PR imo, whatever it is.

Bullshit. If the game is not cracked on release day it is already a HUGE WIN. Every single day afterwards counts. Denuvo games usually don't get cracked until several weeks or even months after release which is a GIGANTIC EPIC MEGA LULZ WIN for the publishers.

Of course the thieving fuckdicks see it differently but it is always so sweet to listen to this sound...

*plop*

... ya hear that?...

*plop*

^ the sound of another busted Denuvo myth bubble. Every single myth like SSD degradation or performance issues that the pro-piracy pro-stealing pro-thieving pro-asshole anti-Denuvo camp of fucksticks has attempted to spread so far has turned out to be BIG FAT LIES.

Fuck the pirate scum. Fucking thieving assholes.

3. Re: etc., etc. Aug 9, 2018, 20:17 CJ_Parker

Denuvo rocks. Fuck the scummy stealing little pirate fuckfaces with a hot metal rod.  

News Comments > Blizzard Teases "Multiple Diablo Projects"
7. Re: Blizzard Teases Aug 8, 2018, 18:43 CJ_Parker

Can you say ZERO FUCKS? I can!  

News Comments > IGN Pulls Review Amid Plagiarism Accusations
6. Re: IGN Pulls Review Amid Plagiarism Accusations Aug 7, 2018, 12:51 CJ_Parker

It would be standard shitty behavior by IGN if this turns out to be true. They have never respected other people's work.
I know this for a fact cuz I have done voluntary work for a gaming website a few years ago and whenever we had "exclusive" screenshots, either standalone or to go along with an article, you'd find them on IGN five minutes later with zero reference to us as the source.
IGN have always been major dicks lacking any kind of respect for the work of others.

Nowadays this is par for the course naturally. There are entire websites like WCCFTech who have turned copy & paste and outright mirroring into a business model.

News Comments > On Star Citizen Economics
14. Re: On Star Citizen Economics Aug 4, 2018, 18:58 CJ_Parker

Not by the cult leader's definition. The cult leader has always defined pay to win as advantages that can not be obtained via regular gameplay. Since all ships/items in SC are supposed to be obtainable via (grindy or not remains to be balanced) gameplay it ain't P2W according to his definition.

I agree with y'allz broader definition and I lost most interest in the online component of SC when they fucked over us initial, original backers by extending ship purchases beyond the pledge campaign (yes, originally ship sales were supposed to stop at the end of the original pledge campaign... ships were originally supposed to be a one time pledge bonus reward as a thank you to the campaign backers).

I hate the fact that you can buy ships nilly-willy and the cash shop is lame, too, IMHO. The cult leader likes to speak so much about "immershun" but to me it is the extreme opposite of "immershun" when the game universe is basically just a vehicle for a monetization scheme. Fuck that shit.

News Comments > On Star Citizen Economics
9. Re: On Star Citizen Economics Aug 4, 2018, 16:37 CJ_Parker

jdreyer wrote on Aug 4, 2018, 15:53:
If I have neither a lot of time nor a lot of money, I guess I am SOL.

No, no, no, you can still have infinite amounts of fun in your peasant ship by being "content" for the rich PvP sharks. Awesome, no?!

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Free and Paid DLC Released
3. Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Free and Paid DLC Released Aug 3, 2018, 03:35 CJ_Parker

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 2, 2018, 21:57:
Obsidian: you should have made this game based around 6 man parties... it's good, but it could have been better.

Nah, five is fine . It gives each character more weight in the party, it makes party composition a little harder and forces you to make more meaningful choices and it helps remove the clutter in combat as well as alleviates the pathfinding/positioning issues that still plague this game just like its predecessor (and also like the Infinity games 20 years ago).

4555 Comments. 228 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo