Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Duffy

Real Name Duffy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 4364 (Master)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > NVIDIA's Tomb Raider Collaboration
6. Re: NVIDIA's Tomb Raider Collaboration Apr 28, 2018, 20:39 CJ_Parker

Pr()ZaC wrote on Apr 28, 2018, 20:19:
BOObies got smaller over the years.

Yeah. Nothing's as it used to be anymore. The decline is real. Le sigh.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Midday Tech Bits
5. Re: GeForce Experience 3.0 Released Apr 27, 2018, 21:04 CJ_Parker

Gojo wrote on Apr 27, 2018, 20:23:
Also he did say it 'Intel seems to do *nothing*' which certainly appears true to the casual gamer.

There must also be other attributes at play in addition to "casual" Wink .

Anyway, if the... "casual" plebs wish to inform themselves then this article at AnandTech has tons of info on why they "seem to do nothing".

People also need to stop confusing complacency with smart business decisions.

Could Intel have sold six core or even eight core desktop "gaming" CPUs in the consumer space pre-Ryzen? Yes. Of course.

But why would they if yields are great and if it is much more cost-effective to produce quad cores that they can sell at significantly higher margins?
Why sell desktop six core CPUs and make (totally made up numbers) $40 per CPU when you can sell quad cores and make $60 per piece?

If you don't have to then it always makes more sense to maximize your production capacities for the higher margin product at less risk. No brainer territory.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Apr 27, 2018, 20:41 CJ_Parker

This may be of interest for all non-uPlay-boycotters. They are having a "Legacy Weekend" where all "legacy" titles are selling for $4.99, i.e. games like Anno 1404, Far Cry, AssCreed 2, R6 Vegas, Bros in Arms, Splinter Cell Blacklist, M&M X Legacy Deluxe, Call of Juarez BiB, Prince of Persia Two Thrones, Silent Hunter 3, Beyond Good & Evil, Ghost Recon and I am Alive.

In addition to that there's a Bluebyte sale so you can grab all Anno and Settlers games for 75% off.

News Comments > PUBG Cheat Program Arrests
3. Re: PUBG Cheat Program Arrests Apr 27, 2018, 19:56 CJ_Parker

Kxmode wrote on Apr 27, 2018, 19:45:
I'm more interested to hear how Bluehole Studio Inc. convinced the Chinese government to investigate and arrest its citizens.

They probably issued them a ban amnesty and exclusive dibs on cheating w/o sanction.

You know... all cheaters are equal but some cheaters are more equal.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 27, 2018, 19:37 CJ_Parker

Intel executives also stated that they are confident of their product roadmap and intend to launch Whiskey Lake...

Noice. I'll have some Glengoyne 15 honey dew plz.

News Comments > Daybreak Layoffs Amid Questions About Russian Oligarch Ties
30. Re: Daybreak Layoffs Amid Questions About Russian Oligarch Ties Apr 27, 2018, 18:26 CJ_Parker

JoeCool wrote on Apr 27, 2018, 18:21:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Apr 27, 2018, 15:14:

The only politics in America is right-wing capitalism, extreme right-wing capitalism and fascism. Your talking points are straight from the Cold War propaganda handbook and utterly detatched from reality.

and thank god for that, because of that we've seen the greatest improvement of quality of life for everyone in the world.

As a true and pure AMERICAN PATRIOT, you could at least write 'God' correctly, i.e. with a capital 'G'.

GAWDDAMMIT, JoeCool!

News Comments > Midday Tech Bits
2. Re: Midday Tech Bits Apr 27, 2018, 17:52 CJ_Parker

You might want to check out the reports in detail to find out in which areas they are actually growing and scoring the highest margins.

Hint: It's not the traditional PC sector. The PC (client computing group) was Intel's weakest growing segment at only +3% vs. growth rates of 17% to 24% yoy across all of their other areas of business.

The desktop specifically (which would be where gaming PCs belong) was DOWN 13% vs. 6% DOWN last year so the DOWNward trend in traditional PCs has solidified.
The notebook segment was also DOWN 8% while it grew 4% at the same time last year.

This looks different for AMD, of course, but AMD is basically ryzing back up from zero. Of course they have growth because for the first time since the Athlon64 era they finally have a product at least worth considering.

And Intel "doing nothing" is so retarded it is not even worth commenting on.

Right. Their workforce of 100K+ is driving into work every morning to jack off to pr0n, then they play table tennis and console games until noon, have lunch and finally they sleep all afternoon, unless interrupted by more wanking breaks, before checking out at 5PM.

This is also the reason for the 10nm delay. They are just lazy bums. They are faking all these minor pesky technical hurdles to be able to slack off more. Of course!

News Comments > etc., etc.
6. Re: etc., etc. Apr 27, 2018, 17:28 CJ_Parker

Nah, I think it's just the usual Bethesda haters. If you visit forums like RPG Codex or RPG Watch and dare to mention Bethesda with only a hint of positivity then you had better wear full battle armor.

There are many, many people who hate Bethesda's guts with a passion that transpires to singling out devs like Howard because Bethesda allegedly overhyped and under-delivered on Oblivion, "raped" Fallout, almost killed Obsidian and also because of the whole Creation Club paid mods controversy.

For some people, Bethesda are the worst devils in the gaming industry and Howard is their incarnate Lucifer projection.

News Comments > Shadow of the Tomb Raider Trailer; Preorders
6. Re: Shadow of the Tomb Raider Trailer; Preorders Apr 27, 2018, 17:14 CJ_Parker

Cutter wrote on Apr 27, 2018, 16:51:
The preview at RPS skewers this title pretty good.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Ugh. So not only is it gonna be derivative TR reboot v1.2 but Jonah that dimwit dumb dickweed dweeb is returning again, too.

And then they have the nerve to charge 90 for the complete edition with a 19% pre-purchase "discount" so the real price is more like 100. L to the M to the F to the A to the O.

Fuck. And. That.

I lower my bid to $4.99 after reading that very informative RPS piece. What a shitappointment. Again.

News Comments > Daybreak Layoffs Amid Questions About Russian Oligarch Ties
22. Re: Daybreak Layoffs Amid Questions About Russian Oligarch Ties Apr 27, 2018, 16:52 CJ_Parker

Viktor Vekselberg

Bwwwwwaaaaahahahahhaa sounds like the name of a cartoon character!

News Comments > Blizzard's Announced Competitive PvP Shooter
5. Re: Blizzard's Announced Competitive PvP Shooter Apr 27, 2018, 13:28 CJ_Parker

El Pit wrote on Apr 27, 2018, 13:07:
Good luck with your PvP game, ActiBlizz. Waiting for some great single-player game by Blizzard that I would actually pay for.

Well, not during our lifetime anymore, dude. Iz over. Fergeddit.

News Comments > Shadow of the Tomb Raider Trailer; Preorders
1. Re: Shadow of the Tomb Raider Trailer; Preorders Apr 27, 2018, 13:02 CJ_Parker

Fuck Squeenix. Not a single second of gameplay in that trailer is seriously 2001.

Also, lol @ the season pass. Shitty content and they are keeping it super-vague on purpose... "multiple narrative side missions"... oh yeah, like two fifteen minute long ones? Or a dozen two minute long ones?

F-U-C-K O-F-F. Either tell us what's in the pass or GTFO.

Finally, here's to hoping against all hope that they have maybe hired someone with writing skills this time. RotTR had excellent world/level design, great gameplay but OH.MY.GAWD when Lara, Jonah, Jacob or any other dweeb opened their retarded mouths.

I have not cringed in a game as much since at least a couple decades (no, not even whilst playing ME:A or ME3).

So, please be good, but we'll have a date only when you can be had for a $10 hooker price tag, Lara. OK. Maybe $20 since I'm actually a day 1 fan of the whole series.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
8. Re: Xbox made $2.25 billion for Microsoft last quarter Apr 27, 2018, 12:10 CJ_Parker

Flo wrote on Apr 27, 2018, 02:01:
CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 26, 2018, 20:22:
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo........

Why no? They have done a fucking great job of turning that ship around and the engineering of the Xbox One X blows the PS4 pro out of the water. I only got a PS4 Pro for God of War (great game I admit) and it's crazy how loud that thing gets. IMO it's always good to have some competition.

"No" because good news for Xbox means that PC gamers are going to get the rusty spike with zero lube treatment again. MS will quadruple their efforts to force Xbox on us via the Windows 10 trojan horse.

It will mean more focus on Xbox, even less (zero) focus on PC.
And due to the criticism of not having enough exclusives on Xbox, they will use a chunk of them $2bn profits to go back to bribing devs for Xbox exclusives.
They will make sure that PC gamers will not get those games at all or they'll bribe for very long exclusivity periods (12 to 18 months like back when the original Xbox was introduced).

Look, I wouldn't have a problem if this were any other console maker like Nintendo doing great. Hey, yeah, awesome, yippie, competition blahblah... but this is Microsoft who have this constant in-house conflict between Windows/DirectX gaming and Xbox gaming and a KNOWN and established history of sabotaging, undermining and neglecting the PC because if it were up to them then Windows/DirectX gaming would not even exist anymore since the year of the lord 2001.

TL;DR PC gamers are more fucked than ever

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Xbox made $2.25 billion for Microsoft last quarter Apr 26, 2018, 20:22 CJ_Parker

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo........  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 26, 2018, 15:59 CJ_Parker

Ozmodan wrote on Apr 26, 2018, 14:18:
typical of this industry, look at Intel, they got complacent and let AMD catch up, I expect the same from Nvidia. Their next graphic cards are not going to be that earth shattering.

Intel did not get "complacent". They are struggling with real physical issues that are costing them billions of dollars in R&D and equipment as they are trying to make the shift to 10nm.

Or do you seriously believe that Intel is faking these issues and has deliberately spent billions on their fabs while delaying 10nm for over two years now?

Nope. Intel has definitely run into a very shitty situation for them where they also rely on external factors (like equipment suppliers such as ASML) to bring them to the next level.

All foundries, Intel, TSMC, GloFo, Samsung etc., are struggling with smaller nodes. R&D expenses have exploded in the last few years.

As for nVidia, yes, they are holding back on purpose in the consumer space. I would not call it complacency, however.
It is simply a business decision. They are posting one record quarter after another, raking in the billions because Pascal is an established product line. The yields are great, the risks are low, the competition sucks ass. What's not to like from a business point of view?

They are taking their sweet time, waiting for TSMC 12nm to produce good results for awesome margins, waiting for GDDR6 to really ramp up mass production for decent supply and when the time is right they will cough up the GTX 1180 (the rumor mill is saying July).

It doesn't have anything to do with "complacency". How is that supposed to work anyway? Every high paid engineer at Intel or nVidia gets two hours off to jack off to pr0n every work day? Or do they get an "AMD sucks" extra holiday day off every week? Or how exactly do people envision this so called "complacency"?

News Comments > BATTLETECH Released
28. Re: BATTLETECH Released Apr 25, 2018, 17:26 CJ_Parker

This might be of particular interest for those with technical issues: nVidia has released a GameReadeh driver numero 397.31 for BattleTech (and also Frostpunk).  

News Comments > DARK SOULS REMASTERED Discount for Owners of Prepare to Die Edition
7. Re: DARK SOULS REMASTERED Discount for Owners of Prepare to Die Edition Apr 25, 2018, 12:09 CJ_Parker

How about a 100% discount a.k.a free if you already own the game in your Steam library, fuckers?!?!  

23. Re: BATTLETECH Released Apr 25, 2018, 11:51 CJ_Parker

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Apr 25, 2018, 11:29:
Played for a few hours last night and had an absolute blast..

For those who don't know, you should read Eck's guide. He's one of the game developers and he's undefeated in the office. So he gives you pointers. Also a lot of things that weren't explained in the tutorials.

Eck's Battletech Tactics Guide

Thanks for the link.

I thought they did a pretty good job with the tutorial in the game. The first part is super-basic and easy to not overwhelm you but leaves you with many question marks floating above your head.

However, once you get to your ship, you get the option to talk to all your crew for a much more in-depth tutorial which was really well done IMHO... a nice gradual learning curve.

I just wish those tutorials (by the crew) had more images or maybe even small video clips to explain things better.
They fail to mention a few things that are maybe not mandatory but would be really nice to know.

I'm gonna check out that guide for an even deeper understanding of the mechanics since my BattleTech ruleset knowledge is extremely rusty (dating back to the MW days in the 90s).

9. Re: BATTLETECH Released Apr 25, 2018, 02:27 CJ_Parker

Great shit so far. This was a well invested $25 on Kickstarter for once.  

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire DLC Detailed
3. Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire DLC Detailed Apr 24, 2018, 12:39 CJ_Parker

Yeah, it might .

Seriously though... I'm actually glad it won't be taking too long.

I want to play the complete version with all DLCs included so a shorter wait for them to wrap it up is better than a longer wait even if it is a bit shady to charge extra for content that most likely could have been in the main game on release day (at least the first DLC must basically be all but ready to go at launch).

4364 Comments. 219 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo