Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 3364 (Veteran)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Rogue One & Darth Vader VR Game Revealed
8. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Rogue One & Darth Vader VR Game Revealed Jul 17, 2016, 14:17 CJ_Parker

Yippie!! Moar casual Star Wars garbitch!!! And now even in VR for all the early adopter suckers who own one of those overpriced toys. Well, all two of them.

Fuck EA! Fuck Disney! Fuck Mickey Mouse and Star Wars! Fuck Lego! Fuck VR! Fuck casual garbitch! Fuck. It. All.

Really needed to get this off my chest all week. Phew. I feel much better now!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly Week
18. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Week Jul 16, 2016, 21:55 CJ_Parker

It doesn't really matter if it's "old news". What matters is that anyone with open eyes and a brain can see clearly that these things like the change of the TOS, key personnel quitting, CR stepping out of the spotlight and openly talking about "minimum viable and taking it from there" (or not?), suddenly less focus on marketing and lots of other stuff that has been happening over the last few weeks and months all point in a direction where it's evident that CIG are stuck in development hell due to the extreme mismanagement of the project and are starting to cover their bases.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly Week
13. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Week Jul 16, 2016, 19:53 CJ_Parker

...offering the chance to play Star Citizen for free and check out progress on the crowdfunded space game...

loooooooooooooooooool@progress

It's still a single star system and for every player a single instance with a 24 players max cap. The barebone and backbone of anything resembling a MMO is still missing after 4 years.

OK, they have finished a couple more ship JPEGs in the last few months but anything of actual substance is still a no-show.

What's also interesting is that CR has begun to openly talk about a "minimum viable product" instead of continuing to tout the "fideliteh", "immershun" and "never been done before" horn as he did the past four years.

They are also in the process of changing their video web shows including the cancellation of 10 for the Chairman.
So CR is pretty much removing himself from the forefront of the hype train and sneaking out the back door.

In fact, they are generally on the lowdown this year with no major "super-exciting" events, reveals or any of the other retarded shit they always did the previous years in spite of the fact that Squadron 42 should be very close to release by now (it still has not been officially delayed from its 2016 date).

Also, more key personnel departures lately (art director Mark Skelton)... if you ask me, something fishy is afoot and it is getting increasingly stinky.

It's almost like someone is preparing for a "here is a couple missions of Squadron 42 single player and as you all know we never promised more than that anyway... the MMO could not be done because of Derek Smart so you can thank him for that... oh and thanks for all the fish... laters gators!".

News Comments > GeForce 10 DPC Latency Issue
1. Re: GeForce 10 DPC Latency Issue Jul 15, 2016, 10:23 CJ_Parker

Can't shit just work, fuckers??!?

Goddammit!

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Video
10. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Video Jul 14, 2016, 19:18 CJ_Parker

Acleacius wrote on Jul 14, 2016, 11:51:
After what these guys did in Human Revolution and Thief, I'll be waiting to hear from you guys. As a fan of the originals, can't help but hope for the best but these developers are clearly console focused and only seem to give lip service to PC gamers.

^ this

And they have a tendency to fuck over gamers who buy the original game by releasing a director's cut version of the game later (and not as a free patch, of course, and no save game compatibility either naturally). Fuck that shit. I'll check this garbage out in two years or so and might buy whatever final edition is on sale for $4.99 then.
Been burned with Human Revolution. You don't burn me twice, fuckers. Fuck Squeenix.

News Comments > The Settlers Cancellation and Champions of Anteria Catch-up
2. Re: The Settlers Cancellation and Champions of Anteria Catch-up Jul 13, 2016, 20:24 CJ_Parker

So, what they are really trying to say here is that the game turned out to be way too shitty to risk dragging down The Settlers franchise with it amirite?  

News Comments > Overwatch 21:9 Support Follow-up
1. Re: Overwatch 21:9 Support Follow-up Jul 13, 2016, 09:39 CJ_Parker

MUUUUUUUAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA

Aaaahhh too funny.

Oh well, it is a resolution only used by aliens, reptiles and frogs with eyes on the sides of their heads anyway so who shits a give?! ('cept aliens, frogs and reptiles, obviously)

News Comments > DOOM Adds Vulkan Support
12. Re: DOOM Adds Vulkan Support Jul 11, 2016, 22:35 CJ_Parker

Ya might wanna check again, bro. The AMD gainz are mostly due to the fact that AMD was ABYSMAL in OpenGL. Now, with Vulkan, they finally caught up a little bit.
nVidia on the other hand did not need any optimization. They were already near the potential max both in OpenGL as well as in Vulkan.

Don't be fooled so easily by some graphs that are only showing the gains and improvements... the absolute numbers are still FAR in favor of the green team.

News Comments > DOOM Adds Vulkan Support
7. Re: DOOM Adds Vulkan Support Jul 11, 2016, 20:20 CJ_Parker

DangerDog wrote on Jul 11, 2016, 20:03:
I'm all for a replacement API that potentially will break the chains of DirectX

I never thought I would say this because I have always been a pretty happy Windows camper all the way up to and including Windows 7 (yes, even ME wasn't actually *that* bad Wink ) but at this point in time with all the EXTREME shittiness surrounding Windows 10, it would definitely be a dream come true if just about every major game engine and thus the vast majority of future games would get a Vulkan render path in addition to DirectX. If/when that ever happens, well, sign me up with the penguins!

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 10, 2016, 18:41 CJ_Parker

Nope. $4.99 for the GOTY is the right price for every mainstream AAA game that comes with a retarded ripoff season pass.  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
35. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jul 10, 2016, 11:02 CJ_Parker

Bub wrote on Jul 10, 2016, 07:28:
After the wholesale data spying, my biggest concern with Win10 is the exclusion of a native media player, recorder, etc.

My guess is they have something waiting in the wings that is way more locked down and phones home if you ever try to copy any digital media.

They won't introduce it until they have conned Win10 pnto enough machines, as to do so now with such limitations would further stop Win10 adoption.

Not only that but Win10 can decide that any other digital media software you try to install is "not compatible" and refuse to install it, or refuse to let it work if installed.

Yep. All of this will happen over the coming years, not just limited to media apps. I give it three years and then MS will require every app to either be a UWP app or GTFO. Glorious times lie ahead of us!

25. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jul 10, 2016, 01:11 CJ_Parker

Qbex . wrote on Jul 10, 2016, 00:56:
IRQ settings for SB cards

So... were you an I5 or I7 guy? Wink

20. Re: LGR - Building a 486 DOS PC Jul 9, 2016, 21:25 CJ_Parker

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jul 9, 2016, 21:08:
For people whom are concerned about stability after upgrading:

Just use Clonezilla, it's free, to do a full disk image of your boot drive to an external or NAS. Then do the upgrade. If it's fucked, just reimage the disk with the backup you made.

Easy as Hell.

Why so complicated? Even easier than hell is just using Windows backup which also has disk image functionality.

Windows 7: Control panel -> BackUp and restore -> Create a system image -> Select drive to write the image to -> Done in 5 clicks!

News Comments > More Blood Revival Teasing
20. Re: More Blood Revival Teasing Jul 9, 2016, 19:13 CJ_Parker

OK. I've only played vanilla and that was literally 15 years ago when the game came out. I got bored of it rather quickly since I'm not much of a multiplayer gamer and I was way more invested in CS and UT at the time (UT with instagib mod was about as fast as Q3A but IMHO more fun and furious! ). Q3A always seemed a little too simple and one-dimensional compared to CS or UT so I lost interest very quickly.  

News Comments > Splash Damage (and Digital Extremes) Sales
10. Re: Splash Damage (and Digital Extremes) Sales Jul 9, 2016, 19:05 CJ_Parker

ViRGE wrote on Jul 9, 2016, 15:33:
Capitan wrote on Jul 9, 2016, 15:05:
What I can't understand is why don't they just make a carbon copy of these two games concept. Just a few weapon classes, no idiotic ways to earn skill points to update weapons and armours
Because while I agree with you, it turns out that adding a progressing treadmill to a game gets people morons to play it more for shortcut packs and other microtransaction PTW garbage. It's the skinner box effect.

^ fixed for additional clarity

18. Re: More Blood Revival Teasing Jul 9, 2016, 18:21 CJ_Parker

Jerykk wrote on Jul 9, 2016, 16:26:
yuastnav wrote on Jul 9, 2016, 14:02:
Man, that would be awesome.

Although the reason why games like Blood and Quake 3 were so great is because of the respective engine. The movement etc. was just fantastic. Similar thing with Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy. The Quake 3 engine is so versatile that you could do stuff like that and why Quake 3 was such an amazing game.

Most games we have today just seem so slow in comparison. The only fast game we have is Warsow but barely anyone plays it.

Movement speed has nothing to do with the engine. It's a conscious design choice. The reason why most modern shooters are slow is because they're designed for gamepads which don't work so well for fast-paced twitch shooters.

^ this

Console peasants can't aim and hit shit when the game is too fast paced.

17. Re: More Blood Revival Teasing Jul 9, 2016, 18:19 CJ_Parker

yuastnav wrote on Jul 9, 2016, 17:53:
Of course it doesn't but Quake 3 was the last time I've seen a mainstream fast FPS.

Eh? Serious Sam, dude?

10. Re: LGR - Building a 486 DOS PC Jul 9, 2016, 18:10 CJ_Parker

Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 9, 2016, 17:34:
jimnms wrote on Jul 9, 2016, 16:42:
I wonder if in 20 years we'll be looking back at how much of a hassle it was running SATA cables like we do for those damn ribbon cables.
Hope so, 'cause that will mean someone invented some cool technology.

I hope so, too.

There's so much inventions and progress all around but some parts of building a PC are as archaic as ever and could use a fat boost in convenience.

- Stuff like the Asus Q shield is nice but why not have a unified case to board connector with automatic configuration for ease of use?
- SATA: High time we got a nice simple unified cable/connector for data + power (2 in 1)
- CPU coolers: Mounting those humongous fuckers should be MUCH easier and it's a shame we still don't have more elegant (smaller!) solutions than air or water (what happened to the concept of thermoelectrical cooling like via Peltier elements which we already had over a decade ago?). Same goes for thermal paste and pads. It's messy and annoying. Surely with today's nano tech there must be a better solution?
- Centralized chassis/CPU fan hub would be nice to have with a 7V and 12V switch (or upper connector row = 12V, lower row = 7V)
- And lots of more minor niggles... for example, try to reduce the necessity for screws even further, increase modularity further, make more sound insulated cases (every higher end case should be offered in an optional sound insulated version) etc. etc. etc.

News Comments > Windows Gaming Survey
10. Re: Windows Gaming Survey Jul 8, 2016, 21:36 CJ_Parker

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 8, 2016, 21:00:
Also liked the Win 10 limits frames and doesn't allow g-synch and free-synch, telling me bad things I didn't know. Is that true?

Yes. True for UWP (Windows store exclusive) apps. You can not mod UWP games, no multi GPU, no G-Sync/FreeSync, no MSI Afterburner, no Fraps, no GeForce Experience (no ShadowPlay), i.e. no support for any overlay 3rd party app at all.

UWP apps = GFWL 2.0 ... only even shittier than ever!

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider DirectX 12 Patch
8. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider DirectX 12 Patch Jul 8, 2016, 21:30 CJ_Parker

Slick wrote on Jul 8, 2016, 20:06:
Not sure about the rendering quality, can you cite some examples? comparison shots?

No, sorry, I can't. I just read somewhere else (Reddit?) a while ago that DX 12 in RotTR used to be sort of useless because it made the game perform better but at the same time look worse than DX 11 mode. That's why I was wondering if there is (still?) a noticeable drop in image quality between DX 11 and 12? Does it maybe not support some of the Gameworks stuff in DX 12?

3364 Comments. 169 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo