Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Duffy

Real Name Duffy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 3985 (Veteran)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Expansion Revealed
3. Re: Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Expansion Revealed Sep 8, 2017, 20:25 CJ_Parker

jdreyer wrote on Sep 8, 2017, 19:42:
You guys really need to wait until the game ships before announcing DLC.

Why? The tards will buy this game no matter what and the real pro-tards will now preorder two copies cuz OMG ITS EVEN GITTIN SPANSHUNS!!!111

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Windows 10 Game Mode Update Next Month
9. Re: Windows 10 Game Mode Update Next Month Sep 3, 2017, 15:58 CJ_Parker

LittleMe wrote on Sep 3, 2017, 15:33:
right from a new button on the Game bar.

Oh please no no no stop!!!!! No no no no no!

Dude, relax. With a bit of googling you will easily find guides that explain how to disable or uninstall everything that fucks with gaming. I have turned everything off from the Shitbox app to game mode, game dvr, game bar, all of it. All of those things are just additional spying/telemetry tools anyway or plain adware. Fuck the consolization of the OS. Mickeysoft can stuff that superfluous unnecessary crapware where the sun don't shine.

5. Re: Windows 10 Game Mode Update Next Month Sep 3, 2017, 14:15 CJ_Parker

If you wanna buy a new "toy" then buy a fleshlight or a real doll or something but not a PC-backstabbing "toy" for lazy couch-dwelling tards from the assholes in Redmond. I'd be extra grateful if you would be this considerate.
IF you have to buy a console at all please get a PS4 Pro instead because Sony does not intentionally sabotage and screw over PC gamers every five minutes. Better exclusives, too.

2. Re: Windows 10 Game Mode Update Next Month Sep 3, 2017, 13:57 CJ_Parker

It's burgers and BSE I tellz ya. The worst nightmares of the 1990s BSE craze have come true. Whole nations of mouthbreathing mad cow tards because of BSE burgers. Murrica is super-affected because of the popularity of shitty fast food, of course.

Me I don't even eat beef. I'm a natural loony!

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Character and CE Unveiled
5. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Character and CE Unveiled Sep 1, 2017, 16:18 CJ_Parker

MT Silver wrote on Sep 1, 2017, 16:14:
When is this coming out? Feels like I've seen dev updates for years now.

You mean the finished game (Enhanced Edition) or the early access alpha?
The early access alpha will be out next month on September 14th. The finished game... who knows. Probably in a year or two.

News Comments > QUAKE Development History Dispute
30. Re: QUAKE Development History Dispute Aug 31, 2017, 18:48 CJ_Parker

Orogogus wrote on Aug 31, 2017, 17:26:
DOOM 3 BFG: 679K
DOOM: 550K
DOOM II: 542K
DOOM 3: 491K
Quake: 430K
Quake II: 406K
Quake III: 399K
Quake IV: 216K

Weird that DOOM 3 is ranked so high in sales. I thought the general opinion of that one was solidly negative because of monster closets and flashlights.

Not surprising at all. Doom 3 has been out for a long time, seen plenty of deep discount sales and still runs on a large variety of system configurations to this day. The software and hardware hasn't really changed all that much in the last 15 years. Most games from the early 2000s will run with minimal effort on modern systems.

The old games, however, mostly require mods to work correctly. They are pre-digital era, some of them were made for 16-bit OS when we didn't even have a frickin' GUI yet.
They were also made in an era when progress was crazy fast. While Doom 3 BFG still holds up graphically, some of the older id games began to look old after a mere 12 months due to newer better technologies (3Dfx Glide), MUCH faster CPUs (100% performance increase in 12 months was kinda normal then) etc. etc. etc.

Oh man... so many factors. There is also the fact that computers were MUCH more expensive and really only for nerds at the time of the early id games. The whole (broadband) internet revolution where every household bought a PC to be able to go online had not happened yet. There were only humble dial-up beginnings with AOL, Compuserve et al.
In other words, the video games market was so much (much, much, much) smaller than when Doom 3 came out it is not even funny or any contest at all.

As for the quality of Doom 3 I thought it was utter garbage, way too repetitive and way too long for its own good. It could have been fun maybe as a condensed six hour campaign but the repetitive gameplay, repetitive visuals, repetitive level design, repetitive enemies and endless respawns killed any fun very quickly. What a boring game.

With regard to single player all I can say is LOL if anyone ever had any expectations in that regard. Maybe you were too young back then but what one guy in the thread said earlier is 100% true and I also remember that same exact statement from id.

id openly admitted that they did not even write stories or make games to tell stories. They created the levels and the gameplay and only at the very last minute did they put the levels into an order that would resemble a somewhat logical order, write a bit of story text and that was their "campaign".

It was ALWAYS a complete afterthought in the early games. In fact, the whole game was an afterthought early on. What mattered to id back then was licensing their engine to third parties. They made FUCKTONS more money from whoring out their engines than from game sales. There were so many games made with the Q/Q2 engines... Hexen, Heretic, SiN, SoF, Daikatana, Anachronox, X-Men and many more.
And let's not even get started on the Q3 engine... Star Trek Voyager games, Star Wars Jedi Knight games, Call of Duty, SoF 2, Wolfenstein ET, MoH AA, Alice etc. etc. were all based on id tech 3.

The whole point of id games up to and including Q3A was more to post a showcase for the engine and then cash in on the licensing fees than to actually create and sell decent games.
Personally, I always bought id games for the visual novelty but certainly not because they were good games. It was just fun to check out the leaps in graphical technology back then.

But the games themselves or especially the single player "campaign" (still can't stop LOL'ing at the notion of a "campaign" pre-Quake 4)... big old meh.
The first two Dooms were kinda popcorn fun with a friend and a crate of beer when you had no inclination or money to go out on a Saturday night but the real solo single player experiences were always TEH SUCK in id games. That's a scientific fact.

News Comments > Battlefield 1: A Tsar is Born Next Month
6. Re: Battlefield 1: A Tsar is Born Next Month Aug 31, 2017, 11:41 CJ_Parker

Timmeh wrote on Aug 31, 2017, 11:30:
uh,

Valve introduced HDR in a game and engine like 10 years ago.

Please tell me that was sarcasm.

News Comments > Ancient Frontier Trailer
1. Re: Ancient Frontier Trailer Aug 31, 2017, 11:26 CJ_Parker

...set in space, where no one can hear you flatulate...

Gimme a couple pounds of cabbage and a few pints of beer and we shall see about that, mkay?

News Comments > Aquanox: Deep Descent Trailer
3. Re: Aquanox: Deep Descent Trailer Aug 31, 2017, 11:23 CJ_Parker

Now they just need to learn to revive the good shit instead of the mediocre garbage. Like, instead of Aquanox, revive FreeSpace or instead of Rune revive Gothic.  

News Comments > JCB Pioneer: Mars Trailer
1. Re: JCB Pioneer: Mars Trailer Aug 30, 2017, 21:39 CJ_Parker

No triple bewbs = no buy  

News Comments > MS Open to More Cross-Play with Other Platforms
7. Re: MS Open to More Cross-Play with Other Platforms Aug 30, 2017, 16:01 CJ_Parker

Great idea. Who wouldn't want to mingle with as many dirty console peasants as possible!

/s

News Comments > Destiny 2 Open Beta
28. Re: Destiny 2 Open Beta Aug 29, 2017, 19:01 CJ_Parker

|RaptoR| wrote on Aug 29, 2017, 16:58:
http://imgur.com/a/zoymp

Getting 11 MB/s on my download. Time to ditch the DSL, I think.

Nope. Not a problem on my side. I get downloads from Origin at 6MB/s and Steam (unless there is sale going on and the Valve fuckers could not be bothered to upscale as usual) at about 5.7MB/s usually.

To be fair, the Deshittiny 2 download fluctuated between 900KB/s and 4MB/s so it was not 900KB/s the whole time. Don't give a crap anyway cuz I'm at work and had to leave the download running on my PC at home. It will certainly be done when I get home but still... another very good reason not to buy this shit if Battle.net is this slow and lame.

Anti-advertising at its best. Fucking Blizztards never learn. Same shit show every time they release a new game. "Ooooh we were kind of surprised by all the sudden popularity and interest. How could it happen that more than three people wanted to download our shit?? Oooohhh what a HUGE surprise!!!".
Blahblahblah. Yeah. Same shit. Every damn time. Fucking idiots.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Open Beta
9. Re: Destiny 2 Open Beta Aug 29, 2017, 14:50 CJ_Parker

Downloading this console peasant garbage as we speak . Let's see... so far this year's record holder for fastest uninstall on my side is the Titanfall 2 free trial which flew off my SSD after less than 10 minutes. Can Destiny 2 beat 10 minutes? Looking at the cheesy dumbass console kiddie trailers I have a feeling we might have a new winner here!

P.S.: What is this shit? 900KB/s download??? I thought Blizztard had nuff money for servers?? Guess not...

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Trailer
2. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Trailer Aug 28, 2017, 21:03 CJ_Parker

Cutter wrote on Aug 28, 2017, 20:40:
Hope it's better than DOS. I dunno why buy DOS was pretty meh for me. Tried to get through it several times and just got bored and quit at some point along the way.

Not that you ever had ANY credentials to begin with but IF you had any credentials, and RPG credentials in particular, then they would now be considered revoked and trashed .

News Comments > Xenia This Week
8. Re: Xenia This Week Aug 28, 2017, 19:09 CJ_Parker

Is this trying to revive the C64 or something because it sure looks like it.  

News Comments > X4: Foundations Announced
22. Re: X4: Foundations Announced Aug 28, 2017, 19:06 CJ_Parker

Yeah S42 is going to be a heavy mix of FPS and space sim sadly. Erin Roberts once (though a long time ago back in 2014) mentioned a 60/40 ratio in favor of the FPS part and said it could even be higher depending on how much time you spend in FPS running around your carrier mothership.

The time when Squadron 42 was just going to be a spiritual Wing Commander sequel with only a little first person gameplay, like walking to the briefing room or the bridge with some story and cutscenes strewn in, have long sailed. They are making Call of Squadron 42 Duty: An Advanced Warfare Future Recon Warfighter Soldier's Destiny and ya better believe it bitch

There will be space pew-pew and plenty FPS ground pew-pew on the actual ground, when boarding enemy ships and on space stations and in zero gravity. They didn't do all that mocap and hiring actors for nothing.

News Comments > MS's Virtual Reality Sets This Year
15. Re: MS's Virtual Reality Sets This Year Aug 28, 2017, 18:45 CJ_Parker

jdreyer wrote on Aug 28, 2017, 17:51:
And their joysticks were great back in the day.

C'mon. That was 15+ years ago . It is also typical for them that they always discontinue their decent products. Sidewinder was an awesome product line all around (the sticks but also the incredible GameVoice). IntelliExplorer mice were decent for gaming, too, but their current mice suck.

The Shitbox is a low quality trash product because the price wars are forcing the console makers to put the lowest quality, cheapest of the cheap components into it. I'm betting they are even negging with the screw makers to get a half cent off per one million screws.
It all comes down to who is better at hiding the fact that you are effectively buying a super low quality cheap-ass trash potato toaster and Microsoft certainly isn't the winner in that regard.

News Comments > MS's Virtual Reality Sets This Year
9. Re: MS's Virtual Reality Sets This Year Aug 28, 2017, 16:09 CJ_Parker

No it isn't. The only GPU that AMD has that comes somewhat close to a 1070 is Vega and they won't put that in a Shitbox because it will literally be extremely more shittier than it already is. It would draw power like no tomorrow and sound like a jet is taking off in your living room. Granted, it is not beyond Microsoft to sell such garbage to people. The original X360 had similar traits.

Anyway, the GPU inside the XboneX POS is more like a 480 (so sub-1060 level). Here...

For a GPU comparison, the Xbox One X falls just shy of AMD’s Polaris-based RX 480 card, a card that we called “the only mid-range card that matters” in our Editor’s Choice distinguished review.

News Comments > X4: Foundations Announced
20. Re: X4: Foundations Announced Aug 28, 2017, 16:00 CJ_Parker

El Pit wrote on Aug 28, 2017, 13:52:
I am still waiting for a new Privateer. Not a economy sim, no MMO, just a real single-player space adventure sim. (Cue all the Squadron 42 posts coming up!)

Squadron 42, like Star Citizen, has gone full retard and will be more like a space CoD clone than a Wing Commander or a Privateer. Privateer had very free form gameplay. Kind of like Elite... you get a ship and some dolares and what you make of your humble beginnings is up to you.
That's not Squadron 42. In Squadron 42, if it ever comes out, you will be playing a pretty fixed role as a space pilot/marine in the navy.

Any comparisons between Squadron 42 and Privateer are void. The more apt comparison would have been Privateer vs. Star Citizen before the latter went full retard.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Aug 28, 2017, 15:51 CJ_Parker

OK, next up someone ask him to finally release Freelancer on GOG. Just to see if it really works like that...  

3985 Comments. 200 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo