Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 3326 (Veteran)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Windows Gaming Survey
10. Re: Windows Gaming Survey Jul 8, 2016, 21:36 CJ_Parker

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 8, 2016, 21:00:
Also liked the Win 10 limits frames and doesn't allow g-synch and free-synch, telling me bad things I didn't know. Is that true?

Yes. True for UWP (Windows store exclusive) apps. You can not mod UWP games, no multi GPU, no G-Sync/FreeSync, no MSI Afterburner, no Fraps, no GeForce Experience (no ShadowPlay), i.e. no support for any overlay 3rd party app at all.

UWP apps = GFWL 2.0 ... only even shittier than ever!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider DirectX 12 Patch
8. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider DirectX 12 Patch Jul 8, 2016, 21:30 CJ_Parker

Slick wrote on Jul 8, 2016, 20:06:
Not sure about the rendering quality, can you cite some examples? comparison shots?

No, sorry, I can't. I just read somewhere else (Reddit?) a while ago that DX 12 in RotTR used to be sort of useless because it made the game perform better but at the same time look worse than DX 11 mode. That's why I was wondering if there is (still?) a noticeable drop in image quality between DX 11 and 12? Does it maybe not support some of the Gameworks stuff in DX 12?

News Comments > Windows Gaming Survey
1. Re: Windows Gaming Survey Jul 8, 2016, 18:17 CJ_Parker

Finally admitting they don't know what PC gamers want...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA right fucking on!

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider DirectX 12 Patch
1. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider DirectX 12 Patch Jul 8, 2016, 18:14 CJ_Parker

So, does it still look shittier than the DirectX 11 version or have they finally fixed the image quality?  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 8, 2016, 18:13 CJ_Parker

Uuuhhh... Dell showed off that display at CES in Vegas all the way back in January. I guess it's only a "surprise" for the clueless n00bs at Tweaktown.  

News Comments > Witcher III: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition Plans
25. Re: Witcher III: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition Plans Jul 7, 2016, 11:31 CJ_Parker

nin wrote on Jul 7, 2016, 09:19:
Which are they are where do you get them?

English, motherfucker?

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Jul 6, 2016, 19:24 CJ_Parker

I dinnit buy shit.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 6, 2016, 17:55 CJ_Parker

I was obviously referring to the reference board which craps out after just a few MHz of OC.

And did you read the article you linked to? It says...

AIB partners are reporting to me this morning that with extremely good custom air coolers the 480 GPUs are seeing from 1480MHz to 1600MHz clocks, but tell me it is a “lottery draw” on GPUs.

Lottery draw = theoretical max OC which the AIBs will not be shooting for because sampling every card "by hand" to see if it is a stinker or a keeper is not gonna happen. The real clocks on custom cards will stay way below those numbers.

If anyone wants to play GPU lottery, however, it's good news, of course. Have at it and good luck!

6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 6, 2016, 17:32 CJ_Parker

Wallshadows wrote on Jul 6, 2016, 10:44:
10% faster is good and all but if the 6GB version is priced at $300 then it's hard to say if that's enough sway to pull would-be 480 owners to the 1060 especially once AIBs are released which would still be cheaper than a reference 1060. This is especially concerning if the 1060s suffer from higher markup due to supply issues and has a low overclock ceiling like the 1070 and 1080 since the base clocks are pushed high right out of the gate.

What? You got that pretty much 100% ass backwards. The RX 480 has an overclock ceiling of a handful of MHz (OK, 60 to 70MHz which is beyond shitty).
The 1070 and 1080 both OC several hundred MHz and are only held back by the hardlocked voltage just under 2.1GHz.
There is no reason to doubt that the 1060 will also do a couple hundred MHz easily.

Whether the 480 can do much more is very doubtful. The reference thing is already running near the max temp target, draws power like no tomorrow (more than nVidia's 28nm cards!) and is noisy as fuck.
AIBs will alleviate that slightly but RX 480 reference vs. 1060 FE will be like night & day in terms of everything... thermals, power consumption, noise, OCing and even looks are all walkover wins for nVidia.
The RX 480 might only win in the pricing category but since it is cheap garbage comparatively that is to be expected, too.

News Comments > Witcher III: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition Plans
13. Re: Witcher III: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition Plans Jul 6, 2016, 14:47 CJ_Parker

I specifically asked for this shit!  

News Comments > Nuka Time is Last DLC for Fallout 4
17. Re: Nuka Time is Last DLC for Fallout 4 Jul 6, 2016, 08:13 CJ_Parker

That still does not change the fact that they never specified the exact amount of DLCs or what it would comprise. Anyone who was gullible enough to splurge based on such vague "promises" deserves what they got (or did not get).
As long as people keep supporting this retarded business model where the publisher asks for $29.99 or $49.99 for "some awesome stuff but we won't tell y'all what it will be yet" I'll keep laughing my ass off when the publisher underdelivers. Funny as hell to watch the li'l tards squirm.

News Comments > Nuka Time is Last DLC for Fallout 4
15. removed Jul 6, 2016, 06:48 CJ_Parker

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jul 6, 2016, 08:57.

News Comments > Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup
20. Re: Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 3, 2016, 13:56 CJ_Parker

Quboid wrote on Jul 3, 2016, 12:13:
It's too early to call Star Citizen a failure but not too early for it to drag down confidence in crowd funding.

True that. CR/CIG have gone back on numerous promises and CR has repeatedly given totally unrealistic dates for the releases of the modules and the game just to keep the hype train rolling and the money flowing. There are very well reasons why this lying sack of shit is often times called a snake oil salesman.
It is unfortunately the most common and repeating theme in crowdfunding. They all promise the milk and the honey and what we really get is more like piss and sewage. Fuck crowdfunding and all the fraudulent fuckers like CR.

News Comments > Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup
7. Re: Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 2, 2016, 18:38 CJ_Parker

I'm done with crowdfunding due to all the fucking frauds and bullshit:

- Pillars of Eternity: Delayed twice. Not communicated to the backers via a simple KS mail but both times through 3rd parties because obviously it is too much to ask from Obshittian to inform the people who funded the project first.
Secondly, quite a lot of promised stuff was missing on release (some of it delivered later on). The Avellone novella is still MIA isn't it? The game was also buggy as fuck on release in spite of the delays and generally a poor man's BG clone that stayed far below expectations. Yuck.

- Divinity Original Sin: Was missing a whole shopping list of stuff on release (with very poor communication prior to release on the whereabouts of the missing shit) and turned out to be another game that was released as an alpha (the enhanced edition was the real v1.0).

- Wasteland 2: I got this fucker as a pledge bonus from backing PoE so I have not followed it too closely but I heard they majorly fucked up regarding the physical shipments. People who pledged for CEs received them MONTHS after the release of the game because apparently it was too hard for fucking inXile to arrange for timely shipments in the two years between the KS and launch. That's always nice, of course, when you back at CE level and get treated like a leper in the gutter.

- Torment: Extreme delays because fucking inXile got greedy and grabbed KS monies for WL2, Torment and Bard's Tale IV when the iron was hot, fully well knowing that they'd never be able to deliver by the dates they slapped on the KS page. Very lame.
And then they screwed over some of their high tier backers (like yours truly) when they gave early/beta access to latecomers first instead of loyal CE level backers who had waited for 2+ years already.

- Elite Dangerous: They officially announced the cancellation of the offline mode a few weeks before release even though they must have known this much earlier in development. They also fucked up the physical shipments and did not manage to ship shit on launch. It took several weeks before they finally shipped the boxes and the star maps etc.

- Star Shitizen: 'nuff said.

So, I pledged FAR north of $2,000 in the 2012/2013 timeframe for all the various high profile KS but thanks to all the disappointments I'm done with this fad.
The devs had their chance to convince me that we would get better communication, that we'd be treated more honestly and with more respect, and that KS would lead to better products on release.
None of that turned out to be the case. The only positive thing is that the games got much better post-release support than with a publisher but that's about it.

News Comments > Nox for Free
12. Re: Nox for Free Jul 2, 2016, 17:40 CJ_Parker

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 2, 2016, 12:01:
They're pulling out all stops this 4th of July weekend.

Nah. As the Redman pointed out this is old news. The game has been free on Origin since the end of May.

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-action-rpg-nox-is-now-free-on-origin/

News Comments > ELEX Details; Trailer
5. Re: ELEX Details; Trailer Jul 1, 2016, 15:01 CJ_Parker

Tachikoma wrote on Jul 1, 2016, 14:48:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 1, 2016, 12:11:
Too much ripping and copying and too little creativity for my taste.

Eh, it`s possible to level this accusation just at about anything out there: everybody is influenced by something.

That's right. Influenced. Not straight copy & paste and then weirdly mangled into something "new". Look at the Elex artwork and stuff that has been released so far. One deja vu after another. Fallout, Skyrim, Mass Effect, SWTOR are instant associations. There is very little original material anywhere in there.
They are playing it way too safe and might gain nothing from it because everyone can see how derivative it is. This game would have desperately needed a creative director with MOAR BALLZ.

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 1, 2016, 12:29 CJ_Parker

Dagnamit wrote on Jul 1, 2016, 11:31:
GTX 1060 w/ only 3GB of memory would be a huge mistake from the Green team at $250.00 or any price for that matter. Even if it has better performance, memory usage has spiked significantly in the last year. It's not PRESENT proofed, much less future proofed.

Most casual tards, who the 3GB model is aimed at, only play Overwatch, Battleborn, LoL and garbage like that on 720p/1080p. A 3GB video card has several times more video memory than those folks will ever need.
Anyone with a clue and taste in gaming will buy the 6GB thang, of course.

News Comments > ELEX Details; Trailer
2. Re: ELEX Details; Trailer Jul 1, 2016, 12:11 CJ_Parker

Cpmartins wrote on Jul 1, 2016, 11:53:
GothicII>Gothic>Risen>GothicIII>RisenII>RisenIII

Shitbull!

Gothic>GothicII>GothicIII+CP1.75>Risen>RisenIII>RisenII

^ The only true and correct order.

Re Elex, yeah, no. Shit doesn't really appeal to me either. It's extremely derivative of a wide range of SciFi, postapoc and fantasy stuff. Some fantasy, some Skyrim, some Gothic, then SciFi with stuff that could be straight from Mass Effect, Star Wars, Mech Warrior and the Equilibrium movie (PB has admitted it was a source of inspiration) and some postapoc stuff that is plain as day ripped from Fallout and Mad Max (the desert dwelling Outlaws faction is like a carbon copy).

Too much ripping and copying and too little creativity for my taste. It boggles the mind why they crammed all of this shit into a single game?? They obviously wanted to do something different than fantasy for a change. Well, great. Then ditch fantasy altogether and don't half-ass it like this. They clearly need MOAR BALLZ.

Oh well. Unless this gets ripped to shreds in reviews, it might still be a candidate to pick up at $4.99 on sale for the GOTY.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
29. Re: Hardware Reviews Jun 30, 2016, 10:38 CJ_Parker

I believe there were rumors (confirmed in the meantime?) that Vega was going to be made on TSMC 16nm FinFET just like nVidia's Pascal cards. So not all hope is lost quite yet. You're right that a Vega based on this crappy 14nm FinFET GloFo shit would likely be a disaster.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
10. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jun 30, 2016, 06:27 CJ_Parker

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 30, 2016, 06:20:
Which would allow clock speeds up to 1350hz which is a 20% boost in FPS.. that is quite major.. and all of that is wasted thanks to that 6 pin connector.

The regular boost is 1266MHz so how would an increase to 1350MHz yield a 20% performance boost?

3326 Comments. 167 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo