Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Duffy

Real Name Duffy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 4476 (Master)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Free and Paid DLC Released
3. Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Free and Paid DLC Released Aug 3, 2018, 03:35 CJ_Parker

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 2, 2018, 21:57:
Obsidian: you should have made this game based around 6 man parties... it's good, but it could have been better.

Nah, five is fine . It gives each character more weight in the party, it makes party composition a little harder and forces you to make more meaningful choices and it helps remove the clutter in combat as well as alleviates the pathfinding/positioning issues that still plague this game just like its predecessor (and also like the Infinity games 20 years ago).

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Free and Paid DLC Released
1. Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Free and Paid DLC Released Aug 2, 2018, 21:46 CJ_Parker

Since this is one of the most common questions: The new content is ideal for characters of levels 14/15 but does not have to be played at those levels (the game has scaling mechanics).  

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of War Definitive Edition This Month
5. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Definitive Edition This Month Aug 2, 2018, 20:30 CJ_Parker

Y'all are way too pessimistic. The GOTY of the first game has been selling for 4.99 for years on sites like Fanatical (formerly a.k.a Bundle Stars).

Shadow of War DE could be nearing sub $10 towards the end of the year already or 2019 spring/summer sales at the latest (on Fanatical, GMG etc.).

The base game was available for $16.37 on GMG recently.

You can frequently get really good deals on Warner Bros games like Middle Earth and the Batman games on those 3rd party sites. The price will come down crashing hard for the holiday sales.
And if it doesn't then no big deal cuz there is enough other shit to play all the time.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of War Definitive Edition This Month
1. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Definitive Edition This Month Aug 2, 2018, 10:35 CJ_Parker

Aaaah there it is. Now we just need a 9.99 (or less) price tag on this edition and then we're talkin' bizness.  

News Comments > Origin Access Premier Premiers
10. Re: Origin Access Premier Launches Jul 31, 2018, 10:11 CJ_Parker

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 31, 2018, 07:01:
That's good, because it means I don't have to buy any EA game until it's on deep sale

What is potentially going to really suck about it is that "deep sales" might not happen so soon anymore.

Say what you will about EA but ever since the DLC greedfest that was ME2/3, i.e. starting with DAI, they have slashed prices fast, hard and frequently while also offering GOTY/complete bundles in a very timely fashion (also with hefty discounts).

That is probably a thing of the past. They will most likely take much more time to discount substantially in order to uphold the value of their "Vault".

Only time will tell tho. It will be interesting to see what effect the premium sub model is going to have on the purchase model. I guess we will find out when BFV and Anthem arrive and then observing how soon and how often these games will go on sale.

News Comments > EA Ending On The House? Launching Origin Access Premiere Next Week
4. Re: EA Ending On The House? Launching Origin Access Premiere Next Week Jul 27, 2018, 13:49 CJ_Parker

Yeah. The full list of games is here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Origin%27s_On_the_House_games

News Comments > EA Ending On The House? Launching Origin Access Premiere Next Week
2. Re: EA Ending On The House? Launching Origin Access Premiere Next Week Jul 27, 2018, 13:34 CJ_Parker

Well, they gave away pretty much every single one of their legacy games and the last few OTH games were repeats of earlier giveaways.

It was nice while it lasted but Origin has frequent sales with deep discounts, they have basic EA Access for only $5 and if all else fails one can always get very cheap keys of ye olde EA games from places like CDKeys.com.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Shadow of the Tomb Raider
11. Re: Gone Gold - Shadow of the Tomb Raider Jul 25, 2018, 16:29 CJ_Parker

The writing in RotTR was abysmal and from what I have seen so far they have repeated that mistake and then some.

So, $9.99 sale for the Croft edition because the actual gameplay is OK and the level/world design is even great but fuck dumbass Lara and her retarded dweeb companion Jonah with their lame-ass monologues and dialogues that are on the same level as the jabberings of a three year old toddler who just shat their diaper pants with a gigantic creamy turd of happiness.

These games could be awesome with better scripts, writing and direction but nooo... they have to cater to the mouthbreathing demographic, of course, so even casual console plebs can follow the "complex" plot *siiiigh*.

/rant

News Comments > Steam Chat Launches
9. Re: Steam Chat Launches Jul 25, 2018, 03:32 CJ_Parker

FloorPie wrote on Jul 25, 2018, 02:07:
They decided to kill offline mode for the friends list/chat. No idea why. Invisible mode is nice and all but there are times when I want to be completely disconnected from the friends list.

^ this

FUCK VALVE

They better add this back in pronto with the next update so we can be offline from the community/friends shit whenever we like.

News Comments > Fallout 76 Beta Starts for Xbox One in October
13. Re: Fallout 76 Beta Starts for Xbox One in October Jul 24, 2018, 10:54 CJ_Parker

Beamer wrote on Jul 24, 2018, 08:00:
I'd assume even CJ can admit the Xbox lets them isolate gameplay variables far better than the PC.

In theory, yes, but in practice we all know why Xbone is getting preferential treatment.

Marketing. It's because of selling out. Bethesda have certainly received a lot of nice cash for this move from MS.

Because MS has been losing the console war this generation by a landslide and because they have decided to invest hundreds of millions in a last ditch effort to turn things around.

F76 was presented at the Xbox event at E3. Very disappointing overall. I had hoped that Bethesda would be better than this and more independent but they have sold out big time.

If this were about "isolating gameplay variables" then they should use the console that the game will easily sell twice as many copies on, i.e. PS4.
It's obviously not about that though. It's about MS paying Bethesda and Bethesda selling out to MS.

News Comments > Fallout 76 Beta Starts for Xbox One in October
11. Re: Fallout 76 Beta Starts for Xbox One in October Jul 24, 2018, 07:40 CJ_Parker

GinRummy wrote on Jul 24, 2018, 00:11:
The fact that Xbox gets the priority tells us quite a bit about the direction they're wanting to go with the game: less strategy RPG and more online social action. But I guess we already knew that.

Yep. I'm not interested in another multiplayer treadmill in the first place but the shitboxification is the nail in the coffin. Sad to see Bethesda sell out to Microshit like that. It will make me more cautious about future purchases of their games.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
3. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jul 22, 2018, 18:36 CJ_Parker

It wouldn't be surprising at all if the 1170 matches the 1080Ti. It's been the same for the previous gens where the GTX 1070 was about on par with the GTX 980Ti or a GTX 970 performed very similar to the GTX 780Ti.

According to this leak, the 1170 would pull ahead slightly at ~5%. No big deal.

The veracity of the leak is quite questionable, however. The original source according to TweakTown is WCCFTech and they mention four "red flags" with regard to the validity of the leak.

Anyway, even if the leak is fake it would not be a surprise at all if 1170 = 1080Ti give or take a few percent.
The 1180 is likely to become quite the beast for sure (1080Ti + 20% or so). We can probably kiss the 1080's $599 good-bye. The 1180 is guaranteed to be one fast and expensive motherfucker with an expected MSRP of at least $699.

News Comments > Politicians to Livestream Games on Twitch
17. Re: Politicians to Livestream Games on Twitch Jul 19, 2018, 08:05 CJ_Parker

I'd watch Trump play this one here.  

News Comments > Seed Raises Seed Money; Releases Trailer
3. Re: Seed Raises Seed Money; Releases Trailer Jul 16, 2018, 21:38 CJ_Parker

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 16, 2018, 21:24:
Huh? Where is the game?

Immershun and fideliteh need no game.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 16, 2018, 21:36 CJ_Parker

In semi-related news, the CJP Foundation has declared CJ_Parker the most intelligent, handsome and likable person on the planet.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Refund Refusals
84. Re: Star Citizen Refund Refusals Jul 16, 2018, 17:11 CJ_Parker

Y'all need to lay off the red meat. Not healthy that shit.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Refund Refusals
74. Re: Star Citizen Refund Refusals Jul 16, 2018, 14:52 CJ_Parker

jdreyer wrote on Jul 16, 2018, 13:55:
Nucas wrote on Jul 15, 2018, 22:43:
i just want someone to release a competent single player campaign space sim. someone give me this.

we've had some slices. house of the dying sun was good, everspace was ok. i want the total package.
I think that the only thing that will come from SC will be SQ 42, since Erin Roberts is heading that up. Also, the scope is more fixed and accomplishable relative to the MMO side. It's not as vulnerable to the ever growing scope creep of the MMO.

That might have been the case back in 2014 but ever since they merged both projects they share a destiny. Erin's Foundry 42 studio in Manchester was originally supposed to work on Squadron 42 nearly exclusively but as we all know that concept fell apart before it even started since CIG always needed every hand on deck for their flashy demos and trailers. They couldn't finish shit without the help of all studios.

Nowadays there are too many interdependencies. They split both games into different SKUs but behind the scenes on a dev level Squadron 42 relies on a lot of the tech that is going into Star Shitizen and vice versa. They have internally merged the projects to a point where S42 is all but indistinguishable from SC.

I wouldn't even be sure if they will keep the "playable offline" promise for S42. I kind of doubt it since CR is apparently aiming for this seamless experience where you play the campaign and then just seamlessly keep playing in the PU (which has always seemed questionable since you can usually never bring an offline character into an online world due to the risks of manipulation/h4XX).

News Comments > Remnant: From the Ashes Announced
11. Re: Remnant: From the Ashes Announced Jul 14, 2018, 21:28 CJ_Parker

jdreyer wrote on Jul 14, 2018, 03:34:
Darks wrote on Jul 14, 2018, 01:07:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 13, 2018, 15:53:
Hellgate London was complete garbage with the most unimaginative setting ever. What a boring and trite piece of shit. Fight off the demons that have invaded the world through demon portals. Yaaaaawwwwwn. That shit had already been done to death even back then.

This Remnant game looks like just another me-too multiplayer treadmill. Solid pass.

As much stuff that you apparently pass on, you must lead one boring ass life.

He doesn't pass on teh Pr0n. That's where he spends his time, cuz there's some really good German shit out there (at least that's what my friend told me).

Nah man. German pr0n is (mostly) crap. It's always tattooed and/or pierced ugly sluts and most of the time extreme and disgusting shit like anal fisting or golden showers and dreck like that. Yuck.

There used to be some good German pr0n chixx like Gina Wild or Vivian Schmitt back in the day and some of the flicks by the late Harry S Morgan were pretty "good" but ever since the whole scene went more "amateur"... uuuaaaaggghhh... I mean, if anyone is into watching gaping assholes all day like the goatse meme then modern German pr0n is heaven but I'm not into that shit. Yuckity-yuckity-yuck-yuck.

That said, I have a HUGE game backlog in spite of passing on so many games. There are luckily still enough decent games. It's just that the trend towards more and more multiplayerification of everything is disturbing.
My backlog will last a few years though and at least a few new good games will be coming out in the meantime that are not multiplayer treadmills with MTX so it's all good. Boredom is definitely something I am not worried about at all for the foreseeable future.

News Comments > Remnant: From the Ashes Announced
7. Re: Remnant: From the Ashes Announced Jul 13, 2018, 15:53 CJ_Parker

Hellgate London was complete garbage with the most unimaginative setting ever. What a boring and trite piece of shit. Fight off the demons that have invaded the world through demon portals. Yaaaaawwwwwn. That shit had already been done to death even back then.

This Remnant game looks like just another me-too multiplayer treadmill. Solid pass.

News Comments > CD Projekt RED's Future Witcher Plans
12. Re: CD Projekt RED's Future Witcher Plans Jul 12, 2018, 12:34 CJ_Parker

aka_STEVE wrote on Jul 12, 2018, 09:38:
Yep , easily go prequel trilogy before Geralt - like an Origins storyline of the Witchers' and make another few Billion $$'s

No thanks. Prequels are boring as fuck cuz you already know what happens afterwards. Yawn.

Sequels please. Start the new series with Geralt's funeral or something...

4476 Comments. 224 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo