Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Duffy

Real Name Duffy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 4335 (Master)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
10. Re: Saturday Mobilization May 5, 2018, 19:00 CJ_Parker

jdreyer wrote on May 5, 2018, 17:38:
Task wrote on May 5, 2018, 15:52:
I mean the person did a dumb thing, but it seems there was enough humans there to rush that bear instead of just standing there screaming and filming it. Only one person threw a rock and that was it.

Did you just write "rush that bear???" Would you have?

Maybe he's Chuck Norris?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Activision Devoting "Significant Resources" to PC Black Ops 4
13. Re: Activision Devoting May 5, 2018, 18:57 CJ_Parker

Avus wrote on May 5, 2018, 17:09:
more loot crate tech for the PC version??

Yep.

And MEGA-META-ALGORITHMS-OF-EPICNESS that will plug straight into your brain to make you purchase shit you don't even want.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
4. Re: Saturday Mobilization May 5, 2018, 16:22 CJ_Parker

“Bhatara died on the spot,” forest ranger Dhanurjaya Mohapatra told the news outlet.

Well, definitely did not look like it. The actual kill is not in the shown footage, but in the 1:45m that we can see here, the bear is playing with his live prey.

Poor guy. It certainly would have been better for him if the bear had really killed him "on the spot" with one paw hit or a bite to the neck or something...

News Comments > Activision Devoting "Significant Resources" to PC Black Ops 4
6. Re: Activision Devoting May 5, 2018, 16:07 CJ_Parker

Haha it's not even going to have a campaign, right?

So obviously they are dedicating all those resources to maximizing the $$$ from a Battle Royale mode.

"Great PC game"... my ass.

News Comments > NVIDIA Cancels GeForce Partner Program
20. Re: NVIDIA Cancels GeForce Partner Program May 5, 2018, 15:38 CJ_Parker

I do not think that nVidia did the GPP to ram the final nail into AMD's dGPU coffin. nVidia has been running circles around AMD in dGPUs for the last few generations, especially since AMD moved away from TSMC.

No. Wot I think is they did this to put a leash on their board partners. This whole thing was solely born out of a fight of nVidia vs. their board partners.

You can produce GPUs all you like -or have them produced at TSMC more precisely- but if you do not have board makers to stick those GPUs on then you're fucked.

And ever since the mining craze, the board partners were busy shifting capacities to AMD GPUs because of high demand by miners.

Remember how consumer Volta (now codenamed Turing according to leaks) was originally scheduled for a Q1/2018 launch?

Well, I can vividly imagine how that went...

Huang: So, Asus, MSI, Gigabyte, everyone... may I have your attention please?

Board partners: Nah. Fuck off. We're too busy with our mining greed.

Huang: Ahem. MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION PUUUHLEASE?!?!? We have our consumer Voltas ready to go for Q1/18. Y'all up for it?

Board partners: Dude. What part of F-U-C-K O-F-F did you not understand?!?!? We're too busy allocating resources and production facilities to mining cards. Shove your consumer Volta up your dumb ass!!!

Huang: Da fuq bruuuuhss??? You do realize who was ya daddy and made ya all that sweet cash all these years? Who gave you everything you ever wanted? Who loved you, spoiled you and pampered you and now... now... this? You ungrateful bastards!!! This will have consequences...

... and born was the GPP to piss off the board partners or more precisely to remind them that you do not jump on the mining bandwagon and switch horses that easily.

Even if nVidia did not intend to launch consumer Volta in Q1/2018, they still must have been pissed off with the Pascal supply issues that were caused by some of the major board partners reallocating nearly all of their resources for AMD mining card production.

The GPP was a way to remind the board partners who made them big and beautiful as well as a reminder that the mining shit won't last forever so once the board partners come back crawling to nVidia for gaming GPUs after the mining party is over then there will be stricter consequences if they want to keep selling nVidia cards.

That is the only explanation for the GPP that makes any real sense to me.
There's no way it was about AMD in the gaming segment. AMD is far behind at this point. Further than ever in the history of dGPUs so nVidia really did not need to introduce the GPP as a bulwark against AMD.

Nah. This stunt was all about nVidia vs. Asus, MSI, Gigabyte et al because they didn't behave in light of the mining madness.

News Comments > Utomik Cloud Game Service Launches
13. Re: Utomik Cloud Game Service Launches May 3, 2018, 19:23 CJ_Parker

chickenboo wrote on May 3, 2018, 16:15:
Creston wrote on May 3, 2018, 15:08:
we ensure the selection remains fresh

Batman: Arkham series, Saints Row IV, Human: Fall Flat, Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun, Jalopy, The Flame in the Flood, Furi

If that's fresh, what do you guys call stale? Doom? And the only Old game in your world is Pong, I guess?

I imagine the games they add are those for which they can acquire masses of cheap keys for. Sort of like those humble bundles provided in the monthly subscription where half the games are shovelware you've never heard of, there's one or two good titles which have been on sale 100 times already, and then there's one good game with an attractive discount.

Cheap keys? What the hell would a streaming service need "cheap keys" for? You might want to educate yourself about the principles of a streaming service.

All they need is a contract with the publishers. Done.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Activision's Largest PC Launch
26. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 3, 2018, 09:46 CJ_Parker

MattyC wrote on May 3, 2018, 06:09:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on May 2, 2018, 21:33:
but then that whole patent for pitting noobs against vet players

Any details on that? Not the patent, people will try to patent anything, but I don't remember anything like your post. After playing D1 and thinking it was a decent game I was planning on getting this after all the DLC settles and it goes on sale. Do you just mean in PvP?

Here is the related story or just google 'Activision matchmaking patent' if you prefer other/more sources.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Activision's Largest PC Launch
18. Re: Destiny 2 Activision's Largest PC Launch May 2, 2018, 16:30 CJ_Parker

Biggest garbage dump ever. But at least it made the peasants happy.  

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Apr 29, 2018, 18:41 CJ_Parker

jdreyer wrote on Apr 29, 2018, 17:49:
CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 29, 2018, 17:04:
Fish do not feel pain and its implications for understanding phenomenal consciousness

So, yeah, pretty dumb actually to favor fish over mammals. Fish don't even give a shit about being fished.

It's why I'm a near 100% pescetarian. I don't eat any mammals at all like cows, pigs or sheep but only fish and poultry (the latter cuz I'm pretty sure that chicken/turkeys are easily at least as retarded as fish and just don't give a shit about being eaten).

If they don't care about being eaten, why do they run/swim/fly away? Not attacking your choices, just curious (honestly, good on you for eating in a healthier more env friendly way).

Instincts. They have naturally programmed escape instincts for preservation of the species, of course, but what I meant with "don't care" is they don't think like "oh shit man if that dude gets me then it's over and it might also hurt a little so I better get the fuck outta dodge".

More complex organisms like mammals do seem to be much more capable of proper panicking and thinking along those lines.
I mean, we all know how pigs panic and die on the way to the slaughterhouse because somehow they know exactly that they're about to become bacon, right?
They are obviously more capable of feeling real suffering while fish are simply too retarded as the study has found that I linked to.

Not sure about poultry. I don't know if there is a similar study as for fish so it's just my personal conviction that they are about as stupid. I mean, you can chop a fucking chicken's head off and the dude still runs off in a random direction. They can't be that smart...

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Apr 29, 2018, 17:04 CJ_Parker

Fish do not feel pain and its implications for understanding phenomenal consciousness

So, yeah, pretty dumb actually to favor fish over mammals. Fish don't even give a shit about being fished.

It's why I'm a near 100% pescetarian. I don't eat any mammals at all like cows, pigs or sheep but only fish and poultry (the latter cuz I'm pretty sure that chicken/turkeys are easily at least as retarded as fish and just don't give a shit about being eaten).

News Comments > Flight Sim World to be Grounded
4. Re: Flight Sim World to be Grounded Apr 29, 2018, 16:43 CJ_Parker

Well, after X-Plane 11 came out and Prepar3d went to 64-bit with version 4.0, FSW was basically dead in the water.

Every serious flight sim gamer either made the switch to X-Plane 11 or Prepar3d 4.x or they stuck with their good old FSX (SE) with hundreds of add-ons and (tens of) thousands of $$$ invested.

FSW never stood a chance due to DTG's half-assed approach. Yet another ancient FSX fork simply wasn't -literally- going to fly.

The final nail in the coffin must have been that they could not get add-on makers to develop for FSW while the competition is now getting better and stronger than ever as OrbX is doing stuff for both Prepar3d (and FSX/FSX: SE) and X-Plane 11.

All of the significant 3rd party devs have been 100% focused on XP11/P3D for a long time now. No one gave a shit about FSW except DTG themselves with their own measly DLCs.

It's a well deserved failure. They never tried hard or serious enough to begin with.

News Comments > NVIDIA's Tomb Raider Collaboration
6. Re: NVIDIA's Tomb Raider Collaboration Apr 28, 2018, 20:39 CJ_Parker

Pr()ZaC wrote on Apr 28, 2018, 20:19:
BOObies got smaller over the years.

Yeah. Nothing's as it used to be anymore. The decline is real. Le sigh.

News Comments > Midday Tech Bits
5. Re: GeForce Experience 3.0 Released Apr 27, 2018, 21:04 CJ_Parker

Gojo wrote on Apr 27, 2018, 20:23:
Also he did say it 'Intel seems to do *nothing*' which certainly appears true to the casual gamer.

There must also be other attributes at play in addition to "casual" Wink .

Anyway, if the... "casual" plebs wish to inform themselves then this article at AnandTech has tons of info on why they "seem to do nothing".

People also need to stop confusing complacency with smart business decisions.

Could Intel have sold six core or even eight core desktop "gaming" CPUs in the consumer space pre-Ryzen? Yes. Of course.

But why would they if yields are great and if it is much more cost-effective to produce quad cores that they can sell at significantly higher margins?
Why sell desktop six core CPUs and make (totally made up numbers) $40 per CPU when you can sell quad cores and make $60 per piece?

If you don't have to then it always makes more sense to maximize your production capacities for the higher margin product at less risk. No brainer territory.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Apr 27, 2018, 20:41 CJ_Parker

This may be of interest for all non-uPlay-boycotters. They are having a "Legacy Weekend" where all "legacy" titles are selling for $4.99, i.e. games like Anno 1404, Far Cry, AssCreed 2, R6 Vegas, Bros in Arms, Splinter Cell Blacklist, M&M X Legacy Deluxe, Call of Juarez BiB, Prince of Persia Two Thrones, Silent Hunter 3, Beyond Good & Evil, Ghost Recon and I am Alive.

In addition to that there's a Bluebyte sale so you can grab all Anno and Settlers games for 75% off.

News Comments > PUBG Cheat Program Arrests
3. Re: PUBG Cheat Program Arrests Apr 27, 2018, 19:56 CJ_Parker

Kxmode wrote on Apr 27, 2018, 19:45:
I'm more interested to hear how Bluehole Studio Inc. convinced the Chinese government to investigate and arrest its citizens.

They probably issued them a ban amnesty and exclusive dibs on cheating w/o sanction.

You know... all cheaters are equal but some cheaters are more equal.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 27, 2018, 19:37 CJ_Parker

Intel executives also stated that they are confident of their product roadmap and intend to launch Whiskey Lake...

Noice. I'll have some Glengoyne 15 honey dew plz.

News Comments > Daybreak Layoffs Amid Questions About Russian Oligarch Ties
30. Re: Daybreak Layoffs Amid Questions About Russian Oligarch Ties Apr 27, 2018, 18:26 CJ_Parker

JoeCool wrote on Apr 27, 2018, 18:21:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Apr 27, 2018, 15:14:

The only politics in America is right-wing capitalism, extreme right-wing capitalism and fascism. Your talking points are straight from the Cold War propaganda handbook and utterly detatched from reality.

and thank god for that, because of that we've seen the greatest improvement of quality of life for everyone in the world.

As a true and pure AMERICAN PATRIOT, you could at least write 'God' correctly, i.e. with a capital 'G'.

GAWDDAMMIT, JoeCool!

News Comments > Midday Tech Bits
2. Re: Midday Tech Bits Apr 27, 2018, 17:52 CJ_Parker

You might want to check out the reports in detail to find out in which areas they are actually growing and scoring the highest margins.

Hint: It's not the traditional PC sector. The PC (client computing group) was Intel's weakest growing segment at only +3% vs. growth rates of 17% to 24% yoy across all of their other areas of business.

The desktop specifically (which would be where gaming PCs belong) was DOWN 13% vs. 6% DOWN last year so the DOWNward trend in traditional PCs has solidified.
The notebook segment was also DOWN 8% while it grew 4% at the same time last year.

This looks different for AMD, of course, but AMD is basically ryzing back up from zero. Of course they have growth because for the first time since the Athlon64 era they finally have a product at least worth considering.

And Intel "doing nothing" is so retarded it is not even worth commenting on.

Right. Their workforce of 100K+ is driving into work every morning to jack off to pr0n, then they play table tennis and console games until noon, have lunch and finally they sleep all afternoon, unless interrupted by more wanking breaks, before checking out at 5PM.

This is also the reason for the 10nm delay. They are just lazy bums. They are faking all these minor pesky technical hurdles to be able to slack off more. Of course!

News Comments > etc., etc.
6. Re: etc., etc. Apr 27, 2018, 17:28 CJ_Parker

Nah, I think it's just the usual Bethesda haters. If you visit forums like RPG Codex or RPG Watch and dare to mention Bethesda with only a hint of positivity then you had better wear full battle armor.

There are many, many people who hate Bethesda's guts with a passion that transpires to singling out devs like Howard because Bethesda allegedly overhyped and under-delivered on Oblivion, "raped" Fallout, almost killed Obsidian and also because of the whole Creation Club paid mods controversy.

For some people, Bethesda are the worst devils in the gaming industry and Howard is their incarnate Lucifer projection.

News Comments > Shadow of the Tomb Raider Trailer; Preorders
6. Re: Shadow of the Tomb Raider Trailer; Preorders Apr 27, 2018, 17:14 CJ_Parker

Cutter wrote on Apr 27, 2018, 16:51:
The preview at RPS skewers this title pretty good.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Ugh. So not only is it gonna be derivative TR reboot v1.2 but Jonah that dimwit dumb dickweed dweeb is returning again, too.

And then they have the nerve to charge €90 for the complete edition with a 19% pre-purchase "discount" so the real price is more like €100. L to the M to the F to the A to the O.

Fuck. And. That.

I lower my bid to $4.99 after reading that very informative RPS piece. What a shitappointment. Again.

4335 Comments. 217 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo