Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Duffy

Real Name Duffy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 4698 (Master)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > MS Acquires Obsidian and inXile
23. Re: MS Acquires Obsidian and inXile Nov 11, 2018, 18:01 CJ_Parker

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 11, 2018, 17:42:
Interesting to see what is created here.

Well, what do you think are they going to "create"? Do you seriously expect MS to be cool with inXile and Obsidian cranking out RPGs that barely sell 100K copies?

Nope. They will exploit them to have a broad lineup for their next conslow and then both gigs are history when they are no longer needed. Or they will be forced to agree to crank out casual mainstream conslow garbage like a sweatshop for MS. Take your pick. The days of games like PoE or TToN/WL2 are obviously over.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Nov 11, 2018, 17:49 CJ_Parker

In other words: Xbox chief confirms further Xboxification of the PC into a closed platform. Thanks for nothing, asshole.

Oh, and HL3 VR confirmed!!!11

19. Re: MS Acquires Obsidian and inXile Nov 11, 2018, 17:30 CJ_Parker

Fion wrote on Nov 11, 2018, 13:34:
I'm not sure what M$ is thinking here...

I can tell you exactly what they are thinking. They are thinking "Let's grab a shitload of 1st party slaves so they can develop games for our next gen shitbox that will come out in a couple of years. That way we will have a great, broad, diverse launch line-up and we will one up Sony real good this time.
Then, in the mid 2020s, we will see who actually contributed system sellers or at least very profitable games. Everyone else will be shut down and we will consolidate the studios.
"

TLDR; R.I.P inXile and Obsidian. MS will exploit the fuck out of them to have a nice exclusive launch line-up and then comes the wrecking ball...

News Comments > Metro Exodus Spartan Collector's Edition Revealed
1. Re: Metro Exodus Spartan Collector's Edition Revealed Nov 11, 2018, 13:29 CJ_Parker

Nah. I won't pay twice this time but I'll just wait for the Redux. kthx.
This will have the added bonus that I will be able to enjoy Exodus on my RTX 4080Ti in full RTX/DXR glory at 142fps (144Hz G-Sync display).

2. Re: MS Acquires Obsidian and inXile Nov 11, 2018, 13:23 CJ_Parker

El Pit wrote on Nov 11, 2018, 13:08:
Before you read this article, you have to start a fitting soundtrack. I recommend Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust"!

Yeah... or Megadeth 'Symphony of Destruction'

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 11, 2018, 03:29 CJ_Parker

Dirwulf wrote on Nov 10, 2018, 20:21:
MeanJim wrote on Nov 10, 2018, 19:46:
It's a sad day for PC gaming. Microsoft bought both Obsidian and inXile:

https://youtu.be/Suvxb0OfhpQ
https://youtu.be/Qg1Nu65iG7o

I came here to post the same thing. So depressing.

Depressing indeed. Even more depressing are all the idiots in the YT comments who think this is a good move because now Obsidian and inXile will get billions of dollars to make the games everyone has been dreaming of.

The reality is that MS is on an acquisition spree to have the broadest possible first party lineup in 2020/2021/2022 when the new Xbox will be in its early life cycle.
They really want to be rather safe than sorry this time and knock it out of the park to beat Sony straight out the gate.

Anyone who thinks they will really keep all of their acquisitions alive is delusional. Those studios who do not produce million sellers will get shut down in no time. MS will exploit them for having a broad launch/early days lineup and then they'll drop them like hot potatoes.

Obsidian and inXile will likely be among the first victims because it is unlikely that they will cough up games that shift serious units. MS is just exploiting them for breadth and talent. They will shut them down and consolidate the talented people into the more successful endeavors.

I'm calling it now: Both companies will be a historical footnote by 2024 at the latest... and quite a few other smaller gigs (like Ninja Theory) will very likely share that fate unless they produce unit-shifting material like a sweatshop.

Edit: Hahaha and Avellone is still salty as fuck ... cuz 90+ pages of crapping all over Obsidian was not enough yet...

This comment was edited on Nov 11, 2018, 03:41.

News Comments > Shadow of the Tomb Raider The Forge Co-op Trailer
13. Re: Shadow of the Tomb Raider The Forge Co-op Trailer Nov 10, 2018, 21:44 CJ_Parker

Jivaro wrote on Nov 10, 2018, 15:13:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 10, 2018, 12:03:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 9, 2018, 20:52:
CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 9, 2018, 17:13:
I want a DLC explaining how and why her bewbs turned into bazookas between this game and Tomb Raider numero uno.

Upgrades, I mean implants. It'd be a pretty boring DLC, sitting in some doctor's office, then going unconscious.

She finished puberty? She had a secret love child and now has mom boobs with a strong under-wire bra? She works for Victoria's Secret on the side and gets push-ups as a bonus?

These are the real questions mature gamers want the answers too.

Xactly!

I personally prefer the MILF knockers theory. They sure look pretty milfy and milky in ye olde games.

News Comments > Artifact Tournament and Pre-Purchases Begin
4. Re: Artifact Tournament and Pre-Purchases Begin Nov 10, 2018, 20:21 CJ_Parker

Armengar wrote on Nov 10, 2018, 19:01:
who actually sees this as fun to buy 10 virtual card for $2? Am I the only one to see this as a cash grab waste of time?

It's Valve so it must be awesome. Case closed.

6. Re: Shadow of the Tomb Raider The Forge Co-op Trailer Nov 10, 2018, 00:03 CJ_Parker

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 9, 2018, 20:52:
CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 9, 2018, 17:13:
I want a DLC explaining how and why her bewbs turned into bazookas between this game and Tomb Raider numero uno.

Upgrades, I mean implants. It'd be a pretty boring DLC, sitting in some doctor's office, then going unconscious.

They could make it more interesting. Maybe her bewbz didn't get implants but maybe she was PREGNANT FROM FUCKING NATHAN DRAKE in some dark corner of a hot, steamy tomb...

3. Re: Shadow of the Tomb Raider The Forge Co-op Trailer Nov 9, 2018, 17:13 CJ_Parker

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financials
1. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials Nov 8, 2018, 19:23 CJ_Parker

... as it reveals that Destiny 2: Forsaken has "underperformed expectations."

Aaaaawwwwwww crap

News Comments > BioWare on More Mass Effect
11. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Nov 8, 2018, 09:25 CJ_Parker

Kajetan wrote on Nov 8, 2018, 07:13:
Rhett wrote on Nov 7, 2018, 22:43:
Wasn't the B-team working on Andromeda while the A-team were likely working on Anthem?
Yes. Responsible for Andromeda was Bioware Montreal, a new EA studio. Which was dissolved only six months after Andromedas release.

But its on EA to task a new AAA game of an established franchise to a new, inexperienced team, which had to make all new tools and assets, struggling with the switch from UE3 to the Frostbite engine, which was not designed to be used for a RPG.

The Montreal team did not ship a full title before but they worked on the multiplayer for ME3 so it's not like they were totally green. In fact, to be employed by BioWare at all, well, I doubt that you would go very far if you were a n00b.

Also, it should have been/must have been an awesome honor for a relatively new team to get the chance to work on the next entry in such a franchise. Everyone should have doubled their efforts for the Emperor!

Seriously, let's stop making excuses for those fuckers. They fucked it up all by themselves. I doubt that EA demanded retarded characters, retarded dialogue, a shallow story, lame missions and fucked up faces.

News Comments > Fallout 76 Roadmap
12. Re: Fallout 76 Roadmap Nov 8, 2018, 06:50 CJ_Parker

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 8, 2018, 06:36:
Some people are extremely sensitive to motion sickness, which is a major problem if the FOV cannot be user configured.

FoV sickness is not the same as motion sickness though. I can play games like Prey (the original with its pretty wild upside/down "4D" gameplay), I can play every single other FPS just fine, I can ride rollercoasters and I can fly gliders but gimme a game with a low FoV and I feel like puking within a few minutes.

It's like the narrow FoV passes straight through the eyes right into the brain and triggers something within. It is immediately physically painful to play like an oncoming migraine and then the sickness sets in very quickly.

It has nothing to do with motion sickness though. The last time I puked (with no alcohol involved that is... I puked quite a few times in my teens and twens from drinking too much ofc ) was at age 14 so 32 years ago.
I have naturally been on many turbulent flights, boat trips, rollercoasters etc. since then but never got sick.
Well, I have also never puked from poor FoV (yet) but it was pretty close a few times.

So, yeah, fuck no PoV slider. Another excellent reason to ignore this piece of shit.

News Comments > BioWare on More Mass Effect
7. Re: BioWare on More Mass Effect Nov 8, 2018, 01:01 CJ_Parker

Yawn. It's dead, Jim.  

News Comments > Bethesda Responds to Fallout 76 Exploitation Concerns
18. Re: Bethesda Responds to Fallout 76 Exploitation Concerns Nov 6, 2018, 22:39 CJ_Parker

The Pyro wrote on Nov 6, 2018, 14:35:
Given Bethesda's experience with ES:O

TESO = Developed and run by Zenimax Online, not Bethesda.

News Comments > Riot Games Sued Over Gender Discrimination
2. Re: Riot Games Sued Over Gender Discrimination Nov 6, 2018, 21:31 CJ_Parker

Plaintiff needs to stop bitchin' like a pussy.

Oh. Wait...

News Comments > Blizzard Denies Pulling Diablo 4 Tease
7. Re: Blizzard Denies Pulling Diablo 4 Tease Nov 6, 2018, 15:34 CJ_Parker

Avus wrote on Nov 6, 2018, 12:17:
Stupid Blizzard fans pay stupid $$ for the stupid Blizzcon, of course Blizzard is going to milk them. Blizzard is the EXPERT on milking.

+1

While I think it's OK to charge an attendance fee for people actually going there, the virtual ticket is insane. Why would anyone pay them to shower them with advertising? Especially if it is really shitty advertising like all the casual simplistic crappy clickfests they have coming up???

Incredible... and I can't believe that the otherwise seemingly intelligent Kxmode fell for that virtual ticket scam. It's the most retarded concept ever. Paying to watch advertising. LOL. Un-fucking-real.

News Comments > Rumor: Blizzard Pulled a Diablo 4 Announcement
6. Re: Rumor: Blizzard Pulled a Diablo 4 Announcement Nov 5, 2018, 19:43 CJ_Parker

They can shove Diablo 4 up their ass after the Diablo 3 clusterfuck of disappointment. Hello, Blizztard. It's 2018. I want more from a game than yet another simplistic clickfest loot grinder that is an insult to how even a dimwit would spend their limited free time.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
19. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 5, 2018, 18:54 CJ_Parker

Muscular Beaver wrote on Nov 5, 2018, 10:49:
Creston wrote on Nov 4, 2018, 18:20:
ForgedReality wrote on Nov 4, 2018, 15:28:
Witcher 3 is the best game ever made. Change my mind.

Nope, I have to agree. The only thing that doesn't age so well in it is the animation, which is a little stiff compared to current titles. Other than that, it is absolutely fantastic.
That and the vegetation that moves all the time, as if there is a storm, without the actual sound of a storm or even strong wind.
But at least there is a mod to fix that now, so maybe I will play it at some point.

I used that mod and it worked pretty well in White Orchard. However, as far as I have read, it also changes the wind/wave activity near the sea shores so you will never see nice atmospheric stormy seas with the mod installed. Which led me to uninstall the mod again and deal with the slight annoyance of jittery trees.

It's a shame they (or SpeedTree in case they are responsible) never fixed it because, yeah, it does look absolutely fucking stupid and breaks immersion unnecessarily.

News Comments > OVERKILL's The Walking Dead Launch Steam Tuesday
3. Re: OVERKILL's The Walking Dead Launch Steam Tuesday Nov 4, 2018, 14:50 CJ_Parker

WHAT????

Are you guys seriously suggesting that derivative zombie horror survival clone no. 367 is not an awesome game like the 366 games before it???

I AM DISSAPPOINT!!!!11

4698 Comments. 235 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo