Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 3363 (Veteran)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Examined
76. Re: Star Citizen Examined Sep 25, 2016, 06:36 CJ_Parker

Kxmode wrote on Sep 24, 2016, 22:57:
I have to believe Chris not to recently woke up one day and it hit him "I'm never going to ship this game as I pitched", but he keeps soldiering on because his professional reputation in on the line.

You're giving him way too much credit. He is a pathological liar who only cared about that money counter keeping a strong northern heading when he made all those lofty promises. He was high on his own bullshit or still is, although the drug naturally doesn't kick in as much anymore as the early days. $2 million/month is probably boring to him at this point.

As far as "professional reputation", well, ahem... Wing Commander movie anyone? You are correct though that he will try to make Squadron 42 as decent as possible because of all the Hollywood cast he hired. They are going to polish the fuck out of it and it will probably be very well received.
Then when he cancels the full scale PU later, it will only look like half a failure instead of a total wash and the Hollywood peeps won't even care because their name will always be associated with the successful Squadron 42 and not the failed Star Citizen.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

71. Re: Star Citizen Examined Sep 24, 2016, 09:16 CJ_Parker

Slashman wrote on Sep 24, 2016, 08:52:
My one question right now is this:

How are they going to continue to fund this if Chris is determined that everything be done exactly the way he wants it or it gets a do-over?

325 employees right? Even if you average their salary at a VERY modest 4k a month, that's still 1.3 mil a month not counting office space, building upkeep, utilities, travel expenses, MARKETING and several other things I'm likely forgetting.

If this does need to take another 3-4 years to complete, how do they keep the lights on and pay people? They have 2 games to deleiver and each one depends on the other to move forward.

Well, they are making $2.x million per month with occasional dips but also occasional bumps (this month will be very profitable for them with CitizenCon when all the mouthbreathers will open their wallets over some fancy flashy trailers and next month sales will skyrocket, too, with the annual anniversary sale).

In addition to the crowdfunding, they are also getting huge tax cuts and AFAIK direct funding from the EU because of some European cultural sponsorship programs and all that blahblah. Remember they have offices in the UK and Germany.

And finally they are certainly getting return on investment from whatever they are doing with the parked money. I mean CR is retarded but he is probably not retarded enough to put the money in the bank at a 0% interest rate. I'm sure he has put it somewhere (offshore?) where he gets at least a 4% return on investment or something along those lines... maybe a lot more depending on the risk he is willing to take(?)
The hard part is getting rich but once you are rich, unless you fuck up majorly, it is fairly easy to stay rich and let the money multiply itself.

They are also nearing completion on the first episode of Squadron 42 and if that takes off as CR is hoping then that will bring in a lot of fresh meat and cash. If it doesn't he can always cut things loose and close shop... he has openly talked about a minimum viable product already so an exit strategy must have crossed his mind more than once.

Personally, I am expecting this. They are not going to be able to deliver the full MMO with the promised level of fidelity so this will most likely end up with the delivery of Squadron 42 and then some massively stripped down (from the promised complete vision) version of the current multiplayer "PU" with a low 24/32 players per instance limit and a few star systems all crammed into a single instance/level because they can never make it all work as a true MMO with all systems implemented.

60. Re: Star Citizen Examined Sep 23, 2016, 18:45 CJ_Parker

Extremely funny and predictable knee-jerk reactions at the SC forums.

The fanboys and the cultists are suspecting a grand anti-SC conspiracy because of the upcoming CitizenCon (SC's four year anniversary is on 10/10 and CitizenCon starts on 10/8). They are calling this a fabricated piece in spite of the numerous CR and developer quotes.
It also seems to be devil's work according to some because the article is citing EVIL anonymous sources straight from hell (a usual practice in journalism to protect the source of a claim, of course).
Again, never mind the fact that CR had no problem to respond to those anonymous claims and did not really refute them outright either.
Well, and the real secret author of the piece is Derek Smart, of course.

Cultism at its very best...

55. Re: Star Citizen Examined Sep 23, 2016, 17:54 CJ_Parker

ItBurn wrote on Sep 23, 2016, 15:04:
Darks wrote on Sep 23, 2016, 14:51:
ItBurn wrote on Sep 23, 2016, 13:54:
Darks wrote on Sep 23, 2016, 11:52:
This game was supposed to be delivered on around Nov of 2014 2 years after it was successfully funded on Nov 2012.

That's absolutely false. I don't remember there being a release date when I backed it, but it was pretty clear that this would be a looong time in the making.

You better go and check the Kick starter page again son. It clearly states the game was to be deliver around Nov 2014.

All I can see is that the pledges would be delivered in 2014. If you thought that this would mean the final game, I think the only person you should be mad at here is yourself. Everyone knew it would take a much longer time to make the game.

Yep. Everyone knew.... except Roberts:

You have stated that you expect to have an Alpha up and going in about 12 months, with a beta roughly 10 months after that and then launch. For a game of this size and scope, do you think you can really be done in the next two years?

Really it is all about constant iteration from launch. The whole idea is to be constantly updating. It isn’t like the old days where you had to have everything and the kitchen sink in at launch because you weren’t going to come back to it for awhile. We’re already one year in - another two years puts us at 3 total which is ideal. Any more and things would begin to get stale.

That interview is from October 2012 shortly after the campaign started.

Another fun fact: I, and many others, remember exactly how Roberts told people near the end of the campaign that pledging more would get the game done faster because he could hire more people. To clarify (simple logic): He effectively promised to get the game done before November 2014 if people only pushed the money counter high enough (it was around $5 to $6 million when he said stuff like this). One of his many blatant lies obviously.

Also, to say they never gave any dates is ludicrous. Just google "star citizen roadmap". They have shown many pretty slides at various events in the last four years. All filled with more blatant lies.

You know, this is EXACTLY why no one is taking you cultists seriously. You live in total denial of the historic truths and facts. You have been drugged by your sect's guru and all you can do anymore is "ommm yes master we shall repeat your lies... ommmmm.... yes master your wish is my command ommm....".

News Comments > Halo 5 Forge for Windows 10
31. Re: Halo 5 Forge for Windows 10 Sep 9, 2016, 17:12 CJ_Parker

|RaptoR| wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 15:27:
CJ Parker is literally a terrorist.

OK, guys. After all these years and years... mission accomplished! I guess that means I can finally go into retirement now!

News Comments > DOOM Update Plans
8. Re: DOOM Update Plans Sep 9, 2016, 14:18 CJ_Parker

JediPunisher wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 13:59:
but dying every 10 to 20 seconds is not my idea of fun multi-player.

then git gud bro!!

25. Re: Halo 5 Forge for Windows 10 Sep 9, 2016, 11:13 CJ_Parker

GarthZombie wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 10:44:
Best thing to do is just report his posts, hope he eventually gets banned and we can have a healthy comments section without fat angry morons here.

Good. That means I get to stay cuz I may be angry and a moron but I ain't fat, bud .

Also, real intelligent to write shit about a "healthy comments section" and then insult posters as "fat angry morons". Looks like I'm by far not the most moronic moron around here but we already established that in this and many other threads before it.

16. Re: Halo 5 Forge for Windows 10 Sep 9, 2016, 03:03 CJ_Parker

noman wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 01:05:
CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 8, 2016, 20:49:
Again: I'm not touching Microshit's garbage store with a 10 lightyear pole. Not after what they pulled off with GFWL. I uninstalled the store immediately after upgrading, never to be seen again (OK who am I kidding... next major update they will reinstall it w/o my consent but it will fly off the disk again just as swiftly as it returns!).

While GFWL store closed down, that is you can't purchase new games from them, the service is still out there, supporting GFWL games. I have it installed on Windows 10, and it works perfectly fine, still serving out downloads for the game I added to the GFWL account, and keeping track of achievements and other things.

That is complete bullshit. I own(ed) Age of Empires III Complete on GFWL. Can I still install the GFWL client? Yes. Can I download AoE III Complete? Yes. Can I play AoE III Complete? Fuck no.
The game asks for a fucking key when I try to start it. I never got a fucking key because the game is/was tied to my GFWL account.
So what I had to do to be able to play my legally purchased game was google a AoE III key and that luckily worked but without Google I'd be fucked out of a game by Microshit's utter incompetence.

You know, I can even still see the original transaction in my MS account so MS has a record of my purchase. So why did I never get a key when they shut down their retard service?
The very least they should have done would've been to either... A. give everyone a free Steam key for AoE III Complete or... B. add the game to people's MS accounts and provide a key or account-bound version from there or... C. select any other method of their choosing to allow GFWL game owners access to their legally acquired games.

Microshit did none of that. They effectively stole my game from me. They are the only digital platform so far who have lost a game and they (unfortunately) do not even have the excuse of going out of business or anything. They just didn't give a fuck when they shut down GFWL.

That is why I am NEVER going to purchase a game from a Microshit storefront again. NEVER. They have broken rule no. 1 which is trust. Who is to say that their CEO or Phil Spencer doesn't consider the Win 10 store a "failure" next month and they shut it down in similar fashion to GFWL, not giving a fuck and screwing people out of their legal purchases? I ain't taking that risk again with these jokers. Fuck Microshit.

noman wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 00:33:
Aaha, another one smoldering with generic rage, or may be this is full time parody season in this thread.

[...]

These application just simply are few of the best of such news and sports stats collectors.

The only "parody" here is that you seem to honestly believe that those Win 10 apps are among the "best" apps for the related purposes. Are you for real? That is outright hilarious. Have you ever had your IQ checked? I'd be extremely curious if it's much above room temperature (in degrees Celsius). I'd bet it's a really close call...

8. Re: Halo 5 Forge for Windows 10 Sep 8, 2016, 20:49 CJ_Parker

noman wrote on Sep 8, 2016, 20:10:
CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 8, 2016, 19:50:
Bwwwahahahahahahahahaaaa Microshit. Not touching your retarded store with a ten mile pole. Not even for freebies. Not today, not tomorrow.

Nice try. Try again.

This almost looks like a parody of a typical I-hate-M$ idiotic post, and I hope for the sake of poster's mental health, that it indeed is.

There are bunch of great applications which are available only on Microsoft store for now. News and Sports are awesome. Calendar and Finance are pretty good too. Forza Apex is now out of beta and is available for free - one of the best racing sims on PC.

Coming back to topic, as someone else mentioned, the Halo Forge bundle doesn't have the first Halo game.

Yep. Of course.

Such awesome and UNIQUE applications. News, Finance, Calendars and Sports can not be obtained other than through Microshit, of course. I mean you really depend on the total greatness of Microshit apps for those kinds of needs. No doubt about it, bro.

Oh, and Forza, hell's yeah. One of the best racing games on PC... of course! I mean it did not even come out with racing wheel support on PC and still only supports a fraction of available wheel sets, it had no multi GPU or multi-monitor support, it was capped at 60fps, it did not support UW 21:9 resolution, it does not support FoV changes and you couldn't even disable v-sync in the release version but yeppers, bro, it's such an awesome PC game and you absolutely MUST have the Microshit store installed to participate in all this AWESOMENESS!!!

Again: I'm not touching Microshit's garbage store with a 10 lightyear pole. Not after what they pulled off with GFWL. I uninstalled the store immediately after upgrading, never to be seen again (OK who am I kidding... next major update they will reinstall it w/o my consent but it will fly off the disk again just as swiftly as it returns!).

4. Re: Halo 5 Forge for Windows 10 Sep 8, 2016, 19:50 CJ_Parker

Microshit store?

Hmmm...

Microshit store....?

Hmmm....

Oooooh now I get it! They mean the fucking crapware that was the first thing that flew off my Windows 10 install after the upgrade, right?

Bwwwahahahahahahahahaaaa Microshit. Not touching your retarded store with a ten mile pole. Not even for freebies. Not today, not tomorrow.

Nice try. Try again.

News Comments > GeForce Experience 3.0 Released
19. Re: Into the Black Sep 8, 2016, 19:09 CJ_Parker

Suppa is completely right. Everyone who is using Steam has in fact already proven that they are willing to "take it up the ass" in all sorts of ways.

Look at what he responded to which was an insinuation that nVidia might lock people out of their games. Well, Valve already does that daily when they rightfully (or maybe sometimes not?) ban Steam accounts.

Steam also requires an account and they track the living shit out of people even if you have opted out of the hardware survey. Steam tracks which games you play, when you play, who plays your games (family sharing), how much you play, how often you play, they track your wishlists, your preferences, your store browsing history, they use invisible pixels to track your every mouse movement and keyboard entries on the store pages, they track your friends list, your associated accounts (Facebook, Google, YT if you have entered them) and so on and so on and so on...

So, yeah, it is indeed pretty fucking retarded and hypocritical of someone who uses Steam (or Origin, uPlay, B.net... whatever) to complain about GFE registration.

^ says Mr. C.J. Parker who uses both Steam and the new GFE with registration but who chooses to not embarrass himself by displaying his ignorance.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer
24. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer Sep 8, 2016, 14:19 CJ_Parker

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 8, 2016, 04:14:
DangerDog wrote on Sep 8, 2016, 00:44:
Creston wrote on Sep 7, 2016, 23:39:
Looks... okay. I'm sorry, THIS is what you guys chose to show off 4K? A dark vault with barely anything to see?

and it's visibly tearing 1/3 from the top of the screen (ALPHA VERSION!)

Sure, but it's Frostbyte 3 and that engine is pretty stable And around the 25 seconds mark you can see that the ground is essentially not even textured and that even the cover looks low res and blurry. I get it, it's a tech demo for 4K/HDR 10 but.. what's the point showing something like that in a dark foggy cave? After people saw how BF1 looked (Which definitely is the BY FAR prettiest game to come out this year)..

My point being, this is Frostbyte, same engine used in BF1.. so wide open area with extreme view-range and detail would have been far better showcase. That is where frostbyte shines.

Dude...

It's Frostbite, not "Frostbyte" or "frostbyte".

That said, I'm not a huge fan of that engine. Does it look pretty nice on the surface? Yeah. But it always gives me this sterile, detached and artificial feeling. It's like you are looking at the world through a very polished, high gloss camera lens. You're not really "there". It's not visceral in any way, shape or form. You're more an observer and less a participant. It fucking sucks.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer
1. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer Sep 7, 2016, 19:08 CJ_Parker

Console garbage.  

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption PC Rumors Resurface
10. Re: Red Dead Redemption PC Rumors Resurface Sep 6, 2016, 11:06 CJ_Parker

GinRummy wrote on Sep 6, 2016, 10:57:
I played both Call of Juarez games, which look similar, at least in setting, but I have no idea if they actually are. Is RDR that much better or different?

The CoJ games are totally awesome and from a dev who actually respects PC gamers so they are automatically much better by default.

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption PC Rumors Resurface
5. Re: Red Dead Redemption PC Rumors Resurface Sep 6, 2016, 10:43 CJ_Parker

Fuck you, Rockstar. If they really do release this now, I'm going to pirate the game to give them a real reason to keep hating PC gamers.  

News Comments > Mafia III Content Plans
2. Re: Mafia III Content Plans Sep 5, 2016, 17:18 CJ_Parker

One head’s up, though: If you buy the story expansions separately, they will run you a total of $39.97*. With the Season Pass, you get them all for $29.99**. (Or, if you buy the Deluxe Edition of Mafia III for $79.99***, it includes the full game and the Season Pass – which saves you a total of $19.97.)

^ Nope. €9.99 for the GOTY. Max.

Season pass scam aside, they deserve at least some minor kudos for actually letting people know the contents of the pass beforehand instead of "buy now and maybe we'll release some stuff later" which, among others, EA and Bethesda like to do.

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year?
51. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year? Sep 5, 2016, 11:14 CJ_Parker

dsmart wrote on Sep 5, 2016, 10:44:
Yeah, OK, whatever makes you sleep at night.

After all this time of my raising the alarm, all of a sudden "everyone saw it coming". yeah, OK.

Well, to be fair the concerns about the originally given release window (end of 2014) have been around since day one. It has been discussed to death in RSI chat and various forums on the net since the very first days of the campaign.

The funny part is how the White Knights have changed their tune since then.
If (like me, you and many others) you dared to question whether CIG would be able to deliver a full fledged single player game (there was no talk of an episodic release in the early days), a full fledged MMO/PU, player-run servers *and* mod tools in only two years, you had the White Knight brigade cracking down on you and telling you that the game is made by Christ Roberts and that he is the most experienced game developer in the world and everyone who doubts anything is clueless.

Nowadays, you have the very same White Knights defending the delays by posting funny charts of how WoW or Diablo 3 took this long to develop and that it is only logical and was ALWAYS (of course) to be expected that SC would be delayed.
They like to call everyone clueless who believed in the dates originally given by CR/CIG. You know, the same dates that, if you did NOT believe in them in 2012, you got called being clueless as well for not believing in the grandmaster God of game development Christ Roberts Superstar Himself.

Anyway, to say that you "invented" the concerns about delays is a little far-fetched, Derek. Almost everyone (except for the CR cultists) was concerned about it from day one but then Christ Roberts told people to keep pledging so he can hire more people and that more devs would actually get things done faster (yes, he effectively even promised delivery BEFORE the end of 2014 given enough capital supply).

It became clear rather quickly for anyone with open eyes and ears that CR was intentionally dangling the carrot always within reach to keep people pledging. CR likes to excuse himself for his unrealistic dates by saying that he is an "optimist". That is obviously bullshit.
He said at Gamescom 2015 that they were hoping to have the "full" PU online by 2016. Just like the original end of 2014 dates or the numerous missed release dates for the various modules, he can not have seriously believed that. He's not an optimist. He is a fraudulent conman.

Finally, here's my fav quote again (from October 2012 and you can tell from the way the question is worded that there was already a lot of doubt about the given release timeframe back in the first few days):

You have stated that you expect to have an Alpha up and going in about 12 months, with a beta roughly 10 months after that and then launch. For a game of this size and scope, do you think you can really be done in the next two years?

Chris Roberts: Really it is all about constant iteration from launch. The whole idea is to be constantly updating. It isn’t like the old days where you had to have everything and the kitchen sink in at launch because you weren’t going to come back to it for awhile. We’re already one year in - another two years puts us at 3 total which is ideal. Any more and things would begin to get stale.

16. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year? Sep 4, 2016, 16:09 CJ_Parker

Comet wrote on Sep 4, 2016, 15:40:
It is easy to predict what is going to happen next.
In the next Citizencon dated for the 9th of October, they are going to show an impressive, probably very polished SQ42 demo.

Definitely. If CIG is good at one thing then it is producing marketing material like flashy trailers and demos (that never materialize in the actual delivery, of course). There will be lots of wet panties again at CitizenCon as always when CR hits a stage.

There are also rumors about what will happen next year which I find sound very plausible.
A prelude release with a bit of walking around the mother ship, getting to meet some of the important characters and maybe flying a first simple recon mission will buy them time and release some of the immense built-by-hype pressure of having to make a big splash with the full release (of the full 1st episode).

11. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Next Year? Sep 4, 2016, 15:11 CJ_Parker

Date: 2012-10-19

Chris Roberts: Really it is all about constant iteration from launch. The whole idea is to be constantly updating. It isn’t like the old days where you had to have everything and the kitchen sink in at launch because you weren’t going to come back to it for awhile. We’re already one year in - another two years puts us at 3 total which is ideal. Any more and things would begin to get stale.

Newsflash, Chris: It ain't stale anymore. It's fucking mummified, bro.

All that said, it has been clear for a long time that they won't make it this year. Well, at least if they wanted to avoid the most embarrassing game launch in history which apparently they did. The game is nowhere even near release shape. The engine is still missing tons of features, the flight model is abysmal, the animations are horrible, the UI is a clusterfuck and it's generally buggy and wonky all over the place.

If you hire Hollywood talent, you do not want to embarrass yourself and the folks you have hired in front of the whole world. Instead you want to release a very polished game so people like Oldman, Anderson, Serkis, Hamill etc. don't freak out if their name is associated with a piece of shit video game.

That's why I'm almost half convinced that even next year may be stretching it if progress continues at this current slower than a snail's pace. I mean there's demos and trailers that need to be made to extract more monies from people. Can't focus on S42. No, no. Got to get those priorities straight and keep milking the easy-to-impress simpletons. So... 2018. Maybe. Or 2017 but with only a tiny fraction of the content (a very short first episode) just to placate people.

News Comments > Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour
15. Re: Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour Sep 3, 2016, 16:16 CJ_Parker

meh@cashgrab  

3363 Comments. 169 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo