Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 3616 (Veteran)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Mafia III Demo and DLC Released
7. Re: Mafia III Demo and DLC Released Mar 28, 2017, 19:25 CJ_Parker

What a shitty port. The only positive is an adjustable FoV but just about everything else is crap and garbage.

- Can not rebind keys to thumb mouse buttons (only has support for three mouse buttons apparently)
- Can not rebind weapon switching to the mouse wheel
- Checkpoint saves (spaced pretty far apart, too)
- Visual glitches (maybe related to increasing the FoV)

Not exactly the kind of demo I would release if I wanted to sell the game on PC. It's like selling hot dogs with turds for sausages. That will only appeal to a pretty limited demographic as well.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Announced
1. Re: Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Announced Mar 28, 2017, 19:14 CJ_Parker

WTF have they done? They've turned Torment into a fucking Mickey Mouse cartoon! Stunned Stunned Stunned  

News Comments > Mafia III Demo and DLC Released
6. Re: Mafia III Demo and DLC Released Mar 28, 2017, 16:44 CJ_Parker

lol@23GB demo ... are they nucking futs or just regular retarded???

Still downloading it cuz unlimited bandwidth and all that shit but they's some kraazzeeehhh bitches I tellz ya

Won't buy the game, of course, as long as they keep announcing and releasing DLC. I only buy complete games so kthxbai for free demo, nutters.

News Comments > StarCraft Remastered Announced; Original Game Going Free
2. Re: StarCraft Remastered Announced; Original Game Going Free Mar 26, 2017, 12:31 CJ_Parker

Premium upgrade. Only $59.99 while supplies last. Keys strictly limited. Will sell for $99.99 once summer is over. ktxhbai. love. blizztard.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Year Five
47. Re: Star Citizen Year Five Mar 25, 2017, 02:13 CJ_Parker

Ah, yes, Shtar Shitizen subscriptions. Another entry in a long list of frauds. Who doesn't remember how they originally introduced these as a way for backers to support development of the game in small chunks rather than a big payment and then stealth-changed it to supporting community shows, events and marketing only? That was so nice of them.

I'm really curious how many gullible fools are subs. CIG has never released any numbers unfortunately. Not even a hint. It would be very interesting to get a graph of the numbers over the past five years.
The only minor hint related to this announcement and to them updating the subscriber perks is that subs may possibly be dwindling recently because this is kind of like the first time they are actively advertising subs in a very long time.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Apex Missions Launch
26. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Apex Missions Launch Mar 24, 2017, 13:10 CJ_Parker

DarkCntry wrote on Mar 24, 2017, 11:30:
CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 24, 2017, 09:51:
What??? You are calling the writing and characters which would even make a toddler scream "Fuck it! I'm too old for this shit!" cosmetic? Bruuuh???

The story's level of writing, sans a couple interactions, is no less on par as the previous entries of the game...

You're joking, right? Lowest possible standards confirmed.

Are you really comparing the second game in a storyline with a brand new one? [...] At least if you're going to desire a comparison, do it on even ground and compare it with the original Mass Effect.

Any developer with skill and brainz would look at their franchise, their previous game(s), in this case here the first trilogy and then evaluate what people liked or did not like and they would make a game with the best parts of everything.
It's what CDP did. They improved TW from one iteration to the next one and nearly perfected it with no. 3.
So what you are saying is BioWhore has a right to start with a really shitty game so they have room to improve in the next iterations? Seriously?

Peebs, Drack, Vetra...yea, I guess these characters don't exist in your edition of Andromeda.

LOL. Fucking Peebee??? Are you kidding me? What's next in Andromeda 2? Piss-Hornet? Shit-Fly? It's one of the dumbest characters ever. By name and childish behavior.

Yea, that Eden Prime mission was the pinnacle of mystery and excitement...and this is from a military vessel and not a civilian operation.

Hahaha... the "pinnacle". Again. Lowest possible standards confirmed.

Mass Effect Andromeda is not Mass Effect 4...it's a whole new story in the established universe of Mass Effect. It's not going to be as good as Mass Effect 2's established story beats.

Why not? Is there some mythical law that forbids the first iteration of a game in a franchise to be any good? Nope. There isn't. There have been myriads of decent games in history where *ESPECIALLY* the first game was excellent and the sequels were cash grabs based on the popular franchise.
There is absolutely no reason to apply lower standards to MEA. The opposite is the case. This game is from a long established developer who has produced some decent games in this franchise. The least one should expect is that they know their own shit and make better shit from their old shit.

I mean, for god's sake CJ, you have the game DESPITE railing on it for how long? You're playing it, so either you're just the worst troll out there, or you're just one of the largest hypocrites on this entire site. Take your pick.

Haha are you joking again? Of course I did not buy the game. The 10 hour trial was enough to form an educated opinion on how garbage and trite this POS is. And please don't fanboi-lie to me and tell me that at 10:01 into the game it somehow magically flips a switch and turns into a game for more than four year olds that does not insult one's intelligence every two minutes.

I'll get the GOTY on sale eventually because the game does have some good parts like decent exploration and vehicle/jetpack gameplay but it is a MAJOR disappointment in terms of atmosphere, story, characters and dialogue. Just about every review even from the usual bribed suspects shares this opinion.
It has a 70-something average on MC. You know, a fucking overhyped Mass Effect game... 70-something. LOL. That is the equivalent of a 50-something score if it would be some other random franchise.

23. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Apex Missions Launch Mar 24, 2017, 09:51 CJ_Parker

Slick wrote on Mar 24, 2017, 09:19:
Yeah, the SP issues are largely cosmetic and don't really change the experience at all.

What??? You are calling the writing and characters which would even make a toddler scream "Fuck it! I'm too old for this shit!" cosmetic? Bruuuh???

One more time:

- Where are the quests with multiple solutions that require a little brain and more than just going to a waypoint and doing some inane shit?
- Where are the quests that put you into a moral dilemma where you really have to make a (tough) choice?
- Where are the major ME trademark choices in the plot (like Ash OR Kaidan)?
- Where is a deep branching mission like the final mission of ME2 which had dozens of choices and possible outcomes?
- Where is the mystery of a ME2 and the interesting characters that had you wondering about the motives of Cerberus, the Illusive Man, Miranda, Jacob etc. from the first minute of the game?
- Where are awesome characters and humorous banter like we had with a Joker and an EDI?

There is nothing at all of that in MEA. The beginning is sooo lame. Instead of a 634 years trip through space it feels like the crew drove a night with their camper to hit a McDonald's in the morning when they go explore the first planet. There is no real sense of mystery, excitement... nothing. It's lifeless, emotionless and dumb.
It's like someone with even less skill than Uwe Boll wrote and directed this shit.

I don't know how anyone can seriously say this is a decent game unless their standards have hit rock bottom and it is enough for them if the game lets them shoot aliens in the head. OK. Granted. It does accomplish that and the gun play is pretty OK even. But everything else is garbage and it's sad that people settle for this little after a Witcher 3 (should have) set new standards back two years ago.

News Comments > Brian Fargo to Retire After Wasteland 3
16. Re: On Sale Mar 24, 2017, 09:25 CJ_Parker

Kxmode wrote on Mar 24, 2017, 04:20:
@CJ_Parker - In difference to your comment, I would like to point out they successfully shipped their two crowdfunded projects: Wasteland 2 and Torment: Tides of Numenera. The remaining two, The Bard's Tale IV and Wasteland 3, are still in development. I'm no fan of crowdfunding, but you should at least get your facts straight. Come on, Mr. Parker, I know you can do it!

Dude, I know they shipped Torment. About a decade or two late but it's here, yes .

However, they ran the WL3 campaign when neither Torment nor BT4 was out. Running a campaign when you still owe gamers one full game is bold but when you owe people two full games then it's a Ponzi scheme all the way because the system will probably collapse at some point.

They are probably playing it smart tho and not spending everything on development. There is no way that the piece of shit Torment cost $4 million to make so they probably make a pretty nice profit before even selling the first copy. Fargo even admitted as much...

Fargo said he will leave inXile a profitable independent game developer with "money in the bank".

I really can't stand inXile anymore. They have the nerve to deliver a Torment (!)two and a half years(!) late while shamelessly running campaigns for other games in the meantime.

Then they deliver Torment and due to feature cuts it's only half the game it was promised to be. It's also on consoles all of a sudden, short as fuck and doesn't even begin to compare to PS:T in terms of gameplay but only in terms of word count (yay?).

And then they shit all over their backers by coming up with a nicer retail CE than the so called "backer exclusive" CE. They also shit all over CE level backers ($100+ investment and people who'd been waiting for almost 3 years at the time) when they gave Steam early access buyers ($45 purchase and waiting 0 seconds for the game) preferential access to the beta.

One lameness after another by those clowns... it is really like they were begging people like me who pledged $130 or something for the CE to please never pledge EVER again.
Welp. Mission accomplished. That won't happen and I will make extra sure to buy their games on a deep discount only.

I like to make fun of Obshittian but comparing Torment and PoE, wow, it's a world of difference in spite of very similar KS budgets. PoE KS campaign ended only six months before ToN but it had two meaty expansions and was patched up properly (!)a full year(!) before inXile finally crapped out Torment v0.7 (no v1.0 due to missing features and localizations).
PoE may have had less words but otherwise it's about 10x the game that ToN is. That's why I'm thinking that ToN (and BT4 and WL3) budget went mostly into the bank and a certain retirement plan.

10. Re: On Sale Mar 24, 2017, 02:06 CJ_Parker

DarkCntry wrote on Mar 24, 2017, 01:24:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 24, 2017, 01:07:
DarkCntry wrote on Mar 23, 2017, 22:49:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 23, 2017, 22:21:
I heard MEA multiplayer is the best part of the game. Strange.

I've heard people say that the Earth is flat...strange.

Well, yes. People have stated that compared to the single player issues, multiplayer is pretty solid. It appears a more skilled team put it together.

Here's the thing about the single player issues...my experience is that they are very minor, and mostly cosmetic and not at all problematic.

Here's the thing about people defending MEA single player... my experience is their standards have sunk so low they can walk upright on stilts under the carpet.

News Comments > Brian Fargo to Retire After Wasteland 3
7. Re: Brian Fargo to Retire After Wasteland 3 Mar 24, 2017, 01:46 CJ_Parker

So he has come to the realization that you can not continue the crowdfunding ponzi scheme forever. Smart guy. Lined his pockets and punches out. I would probably do the same at that age. Why risk bankruptcy when you can retire with millions from gullible fools in the bank?
The shitty sales performance of Torment was probably his final wakeup call which reminded him how fast you can fall from grace (there might be a slight pun in there Wink ).

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Reviews
108. Re: On Sale Mar 21, 2017, 08:12 CJ_Parker

Slick wrote on Mar 21, 2017, 06:45:
I'm still curious, how do people have such well-formed opinions about how the story, characters, missions, animations, etc are all garbage, when the game isn't out yet?

I've played the game for 10 hours and there was not a single quest with even a hint of depth or multiple solutions or moral ambiguity or anything resembling a decent RPG. And the dialogues and story was an epic cringe- and facepalmfest only exacerbated but not caused by the shitty facial animations or poor acting of the digital character actors.

Am I to seriously believe that after these 10 hours the game will somehow magically flip a switch and become a actual RPG instead of a linear braindead console cover shooter that forces you into some lame busywork at every "story" waypoint?

The game did not offer a single quest with depth or even a hint of a choice or a consequence in those first ten hours. It was on rails retarded generic waypoint to waypoint busywork "gameplay". Press "W" and watch shit happen, press "W" and watch shit happen, press "W" and watch shit happen ad infinitum et nauseam.

Fuck all that. In the year of the lord 2017 and after the glorious TW3 or to stay in the same series the glorious ME 2, yes Sir, I do in fact dare to have a little higher standards than this shallow, trite, banal garbage. Sorry(?)

90. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Reviews Mar 20, 2017, 23:38 CJ_Parker

KilrathiAce wrote on Mar 20, 2017, 20:19:
lol people call this trash GOTY, lol damn standards in gaming dropped below acceptable levels it seems and there is no going back.

No kidding. And the really sad and annoying part is that the actual major problems with the game are getting totally swept under the rug due to the facial anim shitstorm.
I'm now beginning to think that they did that fully on purpose at EA and bribed mags to talk about the poor facial anims 24/7 so the retarded plot, the even more retarded characters and the beyond retarded writing, simpleton quests and braindead dialogue would barely even be mentioned.

It's an ingenious distraction strategy. But so sad... we have this master piece called The Witcher 3 on the one hand which set all new standards and then we have an army of BioWhore fanbois who are giving this trite garbage a pass while only being worried about funny faces instead of the game's real abysmal issues.

What lesson are EA gonna learn from this? People want better facial anims but we can get away with retarded everything else. It seems to be true. Ubishit and EA games have converted many gamers who once had standards into zombies who just need to be kept busy by doing inane shit in a game. It is no wonder that we can't have nice things. Shallow as a puddle shit is easier to create and it sells. You can't even blame EA for that. The gamers are shoveling their own grave and they are digging deeper and deeper and deeper if you look at the dumbing down of ME from the greatness of no. 2 to Amoebeda.

*sigh*

56. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Reviews Mar 20, 2017, 16:03 CJ_Parker

Bwaaaahahaha when even the mainstream brown-nosy asslickers are giving the game 6s and 7s then you just know that something is very royally fucked up beyond any recognition with this POS game (let's face it... those 6s and 7s would be 4s and 5s maximum with a lesser known dev/publisher).

From what I have played during the trial this shallow soulless simpleton casual garbage certainly does not deserve higher ratings.
Yet another series first dumbed down from game to game right down to amoeba level with ME3 and just when you thought that EA/BioWhore can't possibly sink any lower they slam-dunk the fuck out of the whole shebang by delivering this... this... thing. Eeewwww...

Please keep preordering though, guys and gals, and show them that we want less excellence like ME 2 and more dumbed down shit like MEA. You're doing us all a reeeeaaaalllly great favor. Come on. Don't be shy. A copy for granny and your dawg, too! And don't forget to add those P2W multiplayer shortcut packs or whatever that shit is. That'll help as well when it comes to future games and better single player narratives like in past games. Go, go, go! Preorder the fuck out of the Origin store, por favor!!!!11

News Comments > Star Citizen Swapping DX12 for Vulkan
36. Re: Star Citizen Swapping DX12 for Vulkan Mar 19, 2017, 21:27 CJ_Parker

SirKnight wrote on Mar 19, 2017, 21:05:
I am very glad to see these devs go to Vulkan and hope to see more of this.

Same here. Finally some good Shtar Shitizen news after a decade of crap news. Yes, they will probably use it as a lame excuse for more Squadron 42 delays but dropping DX12 in favor of Vulkan is awesome news otherwise.
I would also love to see a monumental shift in game development towards Vulkan. 20 years of DirectX monopolistic dominance is more than enough.
Fuck Microsoft and free the games from their stranglehold! I'd switch to Linux in a heartbeat if there would finally be a free choice of gaming platform.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda 4K Trailer
2. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda 4K Trailer Mar 17, 2017, 20:13 CJ_Parker

The Half Elf wrote on Mar 17, 2017, 19:53:
*facial animations sold seperatly

Well, going by the free trial they should definitely think about:

- Facial animation DLC
- Lip sync DLC
- Fitting voices DLC
- Quests with more than one solution DLC
- Story DLC
- Decent PC UI DLC
- Plausibility DLC (a.k.a now we've thought shit through DLC)
- Making a class choice matter DLC
- Ultimate unfuck the game DLC

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Early Access
38. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Early Access Mar 17, 2017, 01:46 CJ_Parker

The Half Elf wrote on Mar 16, 2017, 23:46:
WTF happened to Bioware? Is this the results of the Dr's leaving?

It's the result of plain laziness. CD Projekt could have also leaned back and made a lazy game after TW1 or TW2 to cash in on the popularity of their previous work but instead they chose to improve upon their previous games every time.

BioWare OTOH know exactly that this game will sell millions even if they collectively squat and shit in the box (figuratively speaking in the glorious digital age).

Why bother yourself with complex quests, tracking what the player does or choices & consequences or all that stuff that requires lots of development skills if you can get away with lazy simpleton fed ex, kill and collectible quests?
Those simple quests can be generated a dime a dozen given their dev tools. As long as the player has a sense of being busy it's all good apparently.
Screw quality and depth or complexity. No need for garbage like that when you can get away with much less and still easily sell as many if not more copies than TW3.

If the criticism becomes too loud, they can still give away a DLC for free and/or promise a much improved sequel which will then lead to even more sales than part 1 if they market their repentance correctly. They can then rise to new heights and emerge as the heroes who have listened to the community if part 2 becomes a little better (which shouldn't be too hard given this garbage here).

P.S.: I have endured the full 10 hours and it was certainly a cringe- and facepalmfest of the most epic proportions. Like that face when Ryder got his ship LOL. Didn't his dad fill him in before freezing him or show him the ship or anything? Why the surprise and the awe? Why wouldn't he show his kids around the ark and explain the mission and equipment to them?
That's typical super-dumbass game design where the character should know much more but needs to play dumb for the player. It's game design 101 that you don't do this stupid shit so I'm guessing that it is not exaggerated for a change that they really let the interns write for this game.
The player and the character either need to be on the same page (knowledge level) or you have to write elegantly around it but what we have here is simply retarded and illogical many times when Ryder behaves like a newly hatched embryo.

27. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Early Access Mar 16, 2017, 17:49 CJ_Parker

BTW, anyone wanna take bets on SAM being the evil bad guy in the end? Maybe not at the end of MEA but at the end of the MEA series? I have a strong suspicion that SAM is sort of a Shodan pulling all the strings in the background and using Ryder to his advantage.  

26. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Early Access Mar 16, 2017, 16:59 CJ_Parker

Bundy wrote on Mar 16, 2017, 15:14:
DarkCntry wrote on Mar 16, 2017, 15:07:
CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 16, 2017, 15:02:
DarkCntry wrote on Mar 16, 2017, 14:49:
CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 16, 2017, 14:40:
--edited for sanity--
Honestly, I think it's a positive for a game that you don't like it. You're a better shill than the actual shills, so keep it up.

Good. Then I hope everyone goes and preorders all the games I don't like because it will make the dumb people poorer. More dumb, poor people -> more Trump voters -> more fun in the news every day. Win-win for me. Checks out! Hi5, bruuuuhhhh!!!

This may just be a long shot, it may have to do with the insane amount of idiocy that you spout daily that makes people want to do exactly the opposite of whatever it is you type.

I mean, half the time you're making stupid names for companies/games/people that it totally invalidates any and all content you attempt to add to a discussion.

This. Honestly CJ, what games do you like? I'm pretty sure 9 out of 10 of your posts are shitting on something. Maybe even 10 out of 10.

Dude, I like open world RPGs like TW3 (but also the other less open Witchers), TES III to V (yes, even Oblivion minus the retarded scaling) or the good old Gothics. I also like DAO in spite of the horribly trite premise of a "Darkspawn" demon invasion (could that be more generic?) and Mass Effect 2. Then games like the Divinity series, some of the AssCreed games, the Batman Arkham games, the Tomb Raiders all the way back to no. 1 in 1996 though RotTR was 50/50 with great gameplay and level design but abysmal story and characters so if the downward trend continues this was my last TR game, many of the classic Star Wars games, the BioShocks (esp. the 1st one), the F.E.A.R games (even the exp packs and Project Origins), Elite Dangerous, King's Bounty, Call of Juarez, and many, many classics like the M&M series (no. VII FTW!), the Duke, the original Deus Ex, Thief, the older Civ games yada yada yada.

There's some good shit out there but it's getting drowned out in a sea of uber shit. And MEA is definitely one of the latter that is only worth getting on discount.

See, I don't hate everything. I just try to balance out all the overhyping with some underhyping is all. I bring balance to the force so to speak. Y'all have the wet undies and uncle CJ has the hairdryer to make you feel normal and comfy again. Ya gotta admit that's actually mighty nice of me, no?

20. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Early Access Mar 16, 2017, 15:14 CJ_Parker

Rhett wrote on Mar 16, 2017, 15:10:
... but I did the intro/pathfinder bit, and all the conversations and close-ups looked fine to me anyway.

"The infidels are dying by the thousands in front of the gates of Baghdad as we speak".

Meanwhile in reality...

16. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Early Access Mar 16, 2017, 15:02 CJ_Parker

DarkCntry wrote on Mar 16, 2017, 14:49:
CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 16, 2017, 14:40:
--edited for sanity--
Honestly, I think it's a positive for a game that you don't like it. You're a better shill than the actual shills, so keep it up.

Good. Then I hope everyone goes and preorders all the games I don't like because it will make the dumb people poorer. More dumb, poor people -> more Trump voters -> more fun in the news every day. Win-win for me. Checks out! Hi5, bruuuuhhhh!!!

3616 Comments. 181 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo