Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Duffy

Real Name Duffy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 4711 (Master)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > BioShock and BioShock 2 on GOG.com
5. Re: BioShock and BioShock 2 on GOG.com Dec 17, 2018, 15:25 CJ_Parker

MattyC wrote on Dec 17, 2018, 14:20:
Darks wrote on Dec 17, 2018, 11:02:
Good deal if you dont own the game already on steam, and Steam gave these away as free upgrades if you owned the previous two games.

I have an original boxed copy. It can be used as a paper weight, door stop, or coaster. Not as a game though...

Same here. I own the Games for Windows (*puke*) CE of the original BioShock so I can use that Big Daddy figurine as a paperweight.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 16, 2018, 14:00 CJ_Parker

Muscular Beaver wrote on Dec 16, 2018, 12:39:
I guess Rockstar had a banning wave again.

No, dude. The roadkill simulator was/is just on sale this week for what I believe is an all-time low of 14.99 (it was always 19.99 before IIRC).

News Comments > Free Assassin's Creed Odyssey for Stream Testers
15. Re: Free Assassin's Creed Odyssey for Stream Testers Dec 16, 2018, 08:09 CJ_Parker

jdreyer wrote on Dec 16, 2018, 02:05:
Cutter wrote on Dec 15, 2018, 16:39:
What's the catch(es) for this? You give Google permission to implant a biometric tracker in your ass?

Not sure Google is interested in your sex life.

Google = NSA VPN. They are interested in everything including the smell of yer farts. I'm not in the US but even if I were, I would not accept this "freebie" which is as trojan horse as it gets. I'd rather buy the game than sell my soul to those shitcocks.

News Comments > Discord Store Undercuts Epic With 10% Split
33. Re: Discord Store Undercuts Epic With 10% Split Dec 15, 2018, 04:59 CJ_Parker

What Wesp5 said... and as an avid CS player at the time (clan membership, ESL etc.) with a day one Steam account I can attest to the fact that Steam was the biggest fucking piece of shit garbage DRM annoyance ever released at the time. It was a straight fucking piece of malware.

Most people hated it and only began to accept it as a necessary evil when Steam started having those 75% to 90% off (flash) sales. Then they began to be the "good guys" all of a sudden (outside of a hopeless Valve fanboi spectrum where Valve can do no wrong that is).

News Comments > Paradox Teases "Secret Project"
5. Re: Paradox Teases Dec 14, 2018, 13:52 CJ_Parker

Dairy Farm Simulator with special social features such as every player who is using FaceID technology can project their face on their favorite cow!

*milk* *milk* *milk*

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire - The Forgotten Sanctum Released
6. Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire - The Forgotten Sanctum Released Dec 14, 2018, 10:58 CJ_Parker

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 14, 2018, 10:41:
CJ_Parker wrote on Dec 14, 2018, 09:26:
The final DLC. Good. I think I'll wait another month or two so they can fix the shit they broke with this DLC plus the shit they break with the fixes and then I'll start a full epic playthrough in February-ish.

I'm thinking, ok now I can wait until the whole bundle is 50% off for the grand experience.

Indeed. Now that MS owns Obsidian there is no point buying at full price to support Obsidian anymore. Might as well wait.

Deadfire is one of the extremely few and far between games I bought on release just to support Obsidian cuz I really liked the first game. And when it turned out that sales were shitty I even bought another retail copy (with some goodies inside) and the GOG version, too. Had I known they were in talks with MS at the time I wouldn't have done that but OK... win some, lose some.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Now Windows 10 Has C, B, and D Updates. What is Microsoft Smoking? Dec 14, 2018, 09:36 CJ_Parker

Hmmm... a secret awesome sauce mix of crack, dope and shroooms?  

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire - The Forgotten Sanctum Released
4. Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire - The Forgotten Sanctum Released Dec 14, 2018, 09:26 CJ_Parker

The final DLC. Good. I think I'll wait another month or two so they can fix the shit they broke with this DLC plus the shit they break with the fixes and then I'll start a full epic playthrough in February-ish.  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Metro Exodus
6. Re: Gone Gold - Metro Exodus Dec 14, 2018, 09:22 CJ_Parker

Darks wrote on Dec 13, 2018, 19:21:
How the fricking hell can it be gold and still not released for another 2 months? How does this make any sense when games are now delivered on digital formatting?

Conslows (where this game will make at least 90% of its revenue) still have disks and apparently the media manufacturers are just as slow as the toasters that this shit must run on in the end.

That said, the publisher can go and fuck themselves anyway. I'll be waiting for the inevitable Redux version. I will not be tricked into buying an inferior first edition again. Fuck 'em fuckers hard.

News Comments > ZeniMax and Facebook Settling VR Lawsuit
12. Re: ZeniMax and Facebook Settling VR Lawsuit Dec 13, 2018, 12:44 CJ_Parker

Blahbluhbleh guys... you're just Caramack or id fanbois. There wouldn't be a $300 million settlement if everything Carmack/Suckerjerk did was fine. I mean, sure, $300 million is pocket change for Fuckbook but even they would probably put up more of a fight if the accusations were really totally unfounded as y'all suggest.  

News Comments > ZeniMax and Facebook Settling VR Lawsuit
8. Re: ZeniMax and Facebook Settling VR Lawsuit Dec 12, 2018, 19:36 CJ_Parker

Overon wrote on Dec 12, 2018, 17:51:
So Carmack stole shit when he left?

He stole shit and gave it to Suckerjerk out of all people. $300 million is way too cheap for such a capital offense. Should've been 300bn to really put a dent in Fuckbook.

News Comments > Monster Hunter World: Iceborne and Witcher Crossover Announced
11. Re: Monster Hunter World: Iceborne and Witcher Crossover Announced Dec 11, 2018, 21:19 CJ_Parker

PHJF wrote on Dec 11, 2018, 10:00:
Yeah, let's go and destroy the iconic and legendary hero of the Witcher games by including him in every 3rd rate beat'em up garbage game. Great idea!

Except this isn't a 3rd rate game

You're right, of course. I was giving it too much credit. I apologize and will henceforth only refer to it as the 7th rate game that it is. Or simply conslow garbage. That should cover it pretty well.

nor is it a beat em up game

But it is... you beat up retarded monsters.

... and it sort of makes sense having a legendary monster hunter in a game solely about... hunting monsters?

Yeah but Geralt was hunting real monsters, not conslow powered retarded monsters. BIG DIFFERENCE YA KNOW?!!??

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. Re: Evening Patches Dec 11, 2018, 21:14 CJ_Parker

And missing from this list:

• Elite Dangerous 3.3 a.k.a Beyond Chapter 4

• They fucked up the servers real properly though so I don't think anyone was really able to play for more than a few minutes here and there before getting booted repeatedly .

Oh well... tomorrow hopefully... although I'm currently about 20K ly from "civilization" in the game so I can only check out the exploration changes anyway.

News Comments > Monster Hunter World: Iceborne and Witcher Crossover Announced
    9. Re: Monster Hunter World: Iceborne and Witcher Crossover Announced Dec 11, 2018, 07:06 CJ_Parker

Yeah, let's go and destroy the iconic and legendary hero of the Witcher games by including him in every 3rd rate beat'em up garbage game. Great idea!

Just as great as including epic villains like Darth Vader in all sorts of games, cartoons etc. thereby completely demystifying and destroying the character in the process. LEGO Darth = WTF?!?!?

I think CDPR should be careful about taking the easy money. It might bite them in the ass in the long run when people stop giving a shit about Geralt, the clown who appears in every shit game.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
    7. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 10, 2018, 03:26 CJ_Parker

jdreyer wrote on Dec 9, 2018, 23:58:
    CJ_Parker wrote on Dec 9, 2018, 19:13:
    OMG. LOL @ all the SHEEPLE buying Farming Simulator!

Meh, some people like non-violent management sims. More power to 'em.

*WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHH*

Dude... SHEEP(LE)... FARMING SIMULATOR...

Yeah, I know, it was a dumb "joke"...

News Comments > John Romero Game Announcement Tomorrow
    36. Re: CCP Layoffs: Dropping VR; Closing Studios Dec 10, 2018, 03:20 CJ_Parker

Desalus wrote on Dec 9, 2018, 23:00:
    Strider83 wrote on Dec 9, 2018, 22:41:
    Didn't he have a wife or girlfriend who worked in gaming too? Can't remember her name but in the magazines at the time there was a lot of coverage of the two.

Yes, Brenda Romero is actually the CEO of Romero Games.

Since Brenda has made John her bitch is he even allowed to make us his bitches anymore or does he have to ask the bitch mistress for consent?

News Comments > Epic Games Store Building Ahead of Steam
    40. Re: Epic Games Store Building Ahead of Steam Dec 10, 2018, 03:10 CJ_Parker

Armengar wrote on Dec 10, 2018, 02:32:
    @cj not everyone who uses windows is computer literate in the same way you or I are. If you are capable of DOS commands then you are capable of making your own shell shortcuts - problem solved. However, my dad is not an idiot, he worked as an engineer in the 60's and 70 designing core ring systems for guidance processors (as they were). But fast forward to PCs and adding a printer becomes a lesson in jargon. He LIKES windows 10 (apart from the forced games tiles which i removed).

he likes the plain english terms and the screens with fewer settings choices. He didnt like the old windows 7 screens as they were too cluttered for him.

not everyone hates the more streamlined dumbed down approach.

For the likes of us, we can use powershell to deprovision apps, use xml to set up start menus for our profiles and apply gpo's to fix all our dumbed down stuff.

Well, I don't know what version of Windows your dad is using but he would probably be a perfect fit for Windows Home and I can see some benefit in streamlining the Home version for sure.

I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Ultimate and I have Windows 10 Pro. The name alone suggests that simply having a 'control panel' link in the right-click context menu on the start button should not be too overwhelming for an advanced user, right?

But, again, I don't even want to argue these semantics. I just wanted to give an example for shitty decisions. That control panel removal is a shitty decision.
    If I had to remove something from the right-click context menu then I would probably start with the redundant settings entries. There is already a link to 'Settings' so you don't really need a quick link to 'Apps and Features' or to 'System' since you can get there in two clicks via 'Settings' anyway.

BTW, want another quick example for some REAL stupidity? Yes? Ha, I knew it!

So, what the fuck is up with your 'Activation' info being buried under 'Updates and Security'? What the fuck does my activation status have to do with any of that? Why is the 'Activation' entry not under 'Accounts' or under 'System'? The 'Activation' page even has a link at the bottom that says 'Add a Microsoft account' (so you can link your Windows license to your MS account and so they can spy even better on you).

Anyone with more than one brain cell would put 'Activation' under the 'Accounts' page. But not Microsoft, of course...

38. Re: Epic Games Store Building Ahead of Steam Dec 10, 2018, 02:25 CJ_Parker

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 9, 2018, 23:14:
    CJ_Parker wrote on Dec 9, 2018, 21:35:
    I also know that you can pin it to the start menu (and I have done exactly that on my home PC, of course) but why do I need to do that in the first place?

As I said... almost 25 years later and we're back to entering "DOS commands" instead of using convenient shortcuts with the mouse. In fact, DOS commands were shorter and more convenient than this shit. One question: WHY. THE. FUCK. ????

Why is that even a problem? Jesus, I hope you never used the entitlement word before on people. Make the layout your own, you have more power now than ever with the stock O/S. Right, it might not come out of the oven exactly like you want it, decorate it. You bitch a moan longer than it takes to make the change, Right click same thing, in fact I have more options than Win7 had on my right-click.

The point was not how customizable (or not) Windows is. I gave the removal of the control panel hotlink from the right-click on start menu as an EXAMPLE of why MS can not be trusted to even get the most simple and basic shit right. I gave it as an example of beyond shitty decision-making at one of the largest corps of the planet.

I would really like to know which fucking mental flatliner greenlighted that shitty decision BEFORE they have ported ALL original control panel functionality to the new 'Settings'.
    Who? Who the fuck thought this was a good idea? Who is that stupid? It must be some dweeb who comes into work barefoot every day cuz I doubt that this particular asshole can even tie shoelaces.

And let's face it: One glance at the store confirms that this intellectual amoeba is BY FAR not alone at Microsoft. He has A LOT of company on the same asinine mental capacity level. So we have at least an entire department of barefooters at MS.

The bottom line is that MS not can not be trusted at all. They have an established and ongoing track record of retarded decisions that leave any semi-sane person speechless in awe of the expert level of stupidity that MS is capable of.

we3rd brah

30. Re: Epic Games Store Building Ahead of Steam Dec 9, 2018, 21:35 CJ_Parker

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 9, 2018, 20:43:
    CJ_Parker wrote on Dec 9, 2018, 19:07:
    You can not even trust MS with much simpler things. Like, why the fuck did they remove the control panel from the context menu when you right-click on the start button in Windows 10? Are they fucking retarded?

Because they are trying to convert people to "Settings", but you can just Pin Control Panel to the Start Menu, if people are too dumb to do that, it's on them. You don't have to type it in every time, JHC I'd think we'd be smarter than noobs here and not so lazy.

Dude, what part of where I said "until ALL control panel content has propagated to the Win 10 settings category" was unclear to you?

I know that those incompetent fucks want us to use their spyware-infested 'Settings' as much as possible but by far not all settings have propagated yet so you are still forced to use the control panel for some things.

I also know that you can pin it to the start menu (and I have done exactly that on my home PC, of course) but why do I need to do that in the first place?
    Why are they no longer giving me a convenient shortcut via the right-click where all the other system settings can be accessed as well? That's how it used to be! Why the fuck did they remove control panel but not device manager or other legacy stuff? Why? Just w-h-y?

It does not make any freakin' sense whatsoever. It is plain motherfucking r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d. There is no reasoning and no consistency to what these amateur, incompetent fuckhacks are doing there.

Finally, I did not make that stuff up with Microsoft suggesting to use the keyboard (of course they suggest that because of their key-logging spycrap). Check out the official Microsoft Windows 10 support pages.

Where is Control Panel?

For Windows 10 In the search box on the taskbar, type control panel, and then select Control Panel.

As I said... almost 25 years later and we're back to entering "DOS commands" instead of using convenient shortcuts with the mouse. In fact, DOS commands were shorter and more convenient than this shit. One question: WHY. THE. FUCK. ????

News Comments > Conan Unconquered Announced
    7. Re: Conan Unconquered Announced Dec 9, 2018, 21:15 CJ_Parker

Jerykk wrote on Dec 9, 2018, 20:35:
    CJ_Parker wrote on Dec 9, 2018, 18:32:
    Looks pretty good from the screenies on the Steam page. I wouldn't mind a good old classic RTS like C&C, AoE, Empire at War etc. in a Conan setting. Could be fun if they don't ruin this shit with DLC'o'rama hell.

It's amazing how this once glorious and overcrowded genre has all but died. I guess we can thank consoles for that as RTS still does not translate very well to a controller.
    The other reason is that programming a decent AI and making decent maps is actual work compared to making lazy console cookie cutter action games.

This isn't really a classic RTS. It's basically tower defense/horde mode. You build a base and deal with waves of enemies.

Aawww shit...

4711 Comments. 236 pages. Viewing page 1.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo