Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 3886 (Veteran)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire Launches
2. Re: Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire Launches Sep 22, 2017, 22:28 CJ_Parker

1) Rule no. 1: NEVER play on launch day
2) Rule no. 2: Don't be a tard.
3) Rule no. 3: Review rule no. 2 and rule no. 1, in that order.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PUBG vs Fortnite
23. Re: PUBG vs Fortnite Sep 22, 2017, 17:01 CJ_Parker

Can't they all just agree -like any sane person would do- that all of those games are fucking garbage?  

News Comments > Consortium: The Tower Early Access
1. Re: Consortium: The Tower Early Access Sep 22, 2017, 11:53 CJ_Parker

Lookin' mighty rough this one...  

News Comments > Forza Motorsport 7 Win10 Demo
13. Re: Forza Motorsport 7 Win10 Demo Sep 20, 2017, 15:02 CJ_Parker

Their press release for a Win 10 PC demo reads like this... shitbox... shitbox... shitbox... shitbox... and then shitbox some more.

Just proves again what they REALLY want people to do. Buy a shitbox and grab this exclusively for shitbox, of course. Shit this fuck. Never ever gonna happen.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Review Fallout
4. Re: Fallout 4 Review Fallout Sep 20, 2017, 11:37 CJ_Parker

Creston wrote on Sep 20, 2017, 11:25:
I mean, I guess it beats them doing absolutely nothing, but as far as Valve is concerned, this is the closest they can get to doing absolutely nothing while pretending they're doing something. They'd make absolutely fantastic politicians.

+111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

Instead of grabbing the issue by its balls and maybe revising the whole review system with its retarded binary thumbs up/down choice, they have chosen to do something lazy and easy as always just so they can claim they did something instead of ignoring the problem (for even longer than they already have).

At the end of the day all that matters to Valve is that its publishers (not customers) are happy and the mighty $$$ keeps pouring in.

As we can see here, the review change has obviously occurred due to publisher pressure who wanted to see Valve take action against review-bombing. Of course, Valve in their slimy way are spinning it in a pro consumer direction like "we are doing this for you guys" and the mouthbreathers of the planet don't even think it over but are all like "hey yo Valve you kewl guys raaaawwwwwwk!!!!1111".

Fuck that shit, man. Seriously. Stupidity rules supreme in gaming and in RL these days... it is incredible and my theory that it is all about BSE still stands. The whole world of the burger-munching beef eaters is heading into all-out retard land. The decline is real.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of War Video
6. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Video Sep 19, 2017, 13:33 CJ_Parker

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Sep 19, 2017, 10:55:
really trying to promote the shit out of this aren't they?

They can promote the living fuck outta their shit loot box game. I ain't gonna buy it before it's on a $4.99 sale for the GOTY just like its predecessor has been for months and months now on BundleStars.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire Trailer
1. Re: Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire Trailer Sep 19, 2017, 13:29 CJ_Parker

Here's word on what this will bring to the MMORPG sequel...

Lemme take a stab in the dark here... fire. Maybe?

The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire
We don't need no water let the motherfucker burn
Burn motherfucker burn

Hello my name is Jimmy Pop and I'm a dumb white guy
I'm not old or new but middle school fifth grade like junior high
I don't know mofo if y'all peeps be buggin' give props to my ho
'Cause she all fly
But I can take the heat 'cause I'm the other white meat known as 'Kid Funky Fried'
Yeah I'm hung like planet Pluto hard to see with the naked eye
But if I crashed into Uranus I would stick it where the sun don't shine
'Cause I'm kind of like Han Solo always stroking my own wookie
I'm the root of all that's evil yeah but you can call me cookie

Burn motherfucker burn

Yo yo, this hard-core ghetto gangster image takes a lot of practice
I'm not black like Barry White no I am white like Frank Black is
So if man is five and the devil is six than that must make me seven
This honkey's gone to heaven
But if I go to hell then I hope I burn well
I'll spend my days with J.F.K., Marvin Gaye, Martha Raye and Lawrence Welk
And Kurt Cobain, Kojak, Mark Twain and Jimi Hendrix's poltergeist
And Webster yeah, Emmanuel Lewis 'cause he's the anti-Christ

Burn motherfucker burn

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Released
18. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Released Sep 15, 2017, 18:04 CJ_Parker

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Sep 15, 2017, 14:53:
Just started playing the original game a few days ago, finally left the first town to the west where the lower level 3 undead are.

Second fight in, getting bashed hard.

So my mains are a Sword/Board user with Thick Skin and 10% extra mace damage, just picked up leech as well.
Level 3, has 2 in One-Hand, 1 in arms, 1 in Armor and 1 in Shield , 1 in whatever skill to heal.
Skills are Crushing Fist, Melee Power Stance, Regeneration

The chick is Crossbow + Summons with Pet Pals trait and Arrow Recovery
Level 3, 2 in crossbows, 1 in marksman, 1 in leadership and 1 in willpower
Companions are now Jahan and Medora.

Wondering if I messed up my initial builds, are shields actually worth it? I was planning on using him as a tank but hes just getting rolled.

Check these out:

Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition Character/Party Guide
Build Guide (check the right hand side menu)

In VERY broad strokes: Do not waste any ability points on non-combat stuff (except pet pal) but use mules back at base with specific non-combat abilities.
Use a lot of the water-related magic trees because they include healing etc.
Focus on mobility, ranged attacks and use nades a lot. Don't make the mistake as in other games where you hoard shit. Actually use the nades and the potions liberally.

Finally, be creative with everything from the environment, not just the obvious elemental crap, e.g. if you have a very strong character then you could carry a heavy wooden box around with you and just drop that on top of enemies.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Origins Trailer
6. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Trailer Sep 15, 2017, 16:40 CJ_Parker

Ummm did I miss something here? How many seconds of real, actual gameplay did that trailer reveal? After all these years have we STILL not learned our lesson not to trust in cinematic trailers?

As for those (previous) videos that did show actual gameplay, I have to say I'm as skeptical as ever. The combat looked way exaggerated and over the top. Absolutely zero resemblance to real-life combat, let alone even a hint of historical accuracy.
It looked more like the devs now want it to be as superhuman crazy fast as the Middle Earth/Batman games or even bordering on Bayonetta, Vanquish, NIER.

Not exactly my preferred solution. I was hoping that they would do the opposite and maybe make combat more tactical, more emphasis on stealth (you know, like, as if you were playing an actual assassin or something) like in the early Thief games where you would be overwhelmed easily if your cover broke. I was generally hoping for a lot more depth.

Instead they have obviously chosen to turn it into an all-out action romp with some skills and stats thrown in like the Middle Earth/Batman games so when you level up you can gradually take on hundreds and then thousands instead of "only" dozens of enemies. Meh. Meow. Meh.

News Comments > Dishonored: Death of the Outsider Released
7. Re: Dishonored: Death of the Outsider Released Sep 15, 2017, 14:14 CJ_Parker

Icewind wrote on Sep 15, 2017, 12:03:
CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 15, 2017, 10:54:
Easy fix: Postpone Divinity OS 2. It will get the inevitable Enhanced Edition and it will only get (even) better with each patch. Focus on XCOM and this critter here.

Even easier fix: Turn off the computer and get laid more. Fuck the fall release mania and relax. All of these games ain't goin' nowhere.

But the computer and the games I have on it are how I *escape* from the wife. You mean I should shut it off and spend time with her?

**** that.

Dude, who said to get laid with your wife?

News Comments > Dishonored: Death of the Outsider Released
3. Re: Dishonored: Death of the Outsider Released Sep 15, 2017, 10:54 CJ_Parker

Easy fix: Postpone Divinity OS 2. It will get the inevitable Enhanced Edition and it will only get (even) better with each patch. Focus on XCOM and this critter here.

Even easier fix: Turn off the computer and get laid more. Fuck the fall release mania and relax. All of these games ain't goin' nowhere.

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Sep 14, 2017, 19:43 CJ_Parker

Can I have your stu...? Oh. He deleted it .  

News Comments > $45K Star Citizen Refund?
31. Re: $45K Star Citizen Refund? Sep 14, 2017, 12:52 CJ_Parker

jdreyer wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 12:39:
El Pit wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 12:35:
$45K spent on a game in development... Optimism? Madness? Both?
Investment. I'm sure they were either planning on selling the packages when they were no longer available (i.e. when the game "shipped") or selling off ships individually.

^ this

I haven't checked the "grey market" (bullshit term) in a while but you could always make some nice money in the past from selling ships or game packages with LTI (life-time insurance).

The best time was early on when LTI was kept rather limited (it was originally even meant to never be available again past November 2013 IIRC but that became one of the many broken promises). I have personally also sold off ships and packages for 100%+ profit back then.
Ever since, there have been many changes and you can now get LTI on most of your ships via cross-chassis upgrades (requiring some investment in a new ship with LTI to begin with, of course).

The LTI market certainly isn't what it used to be and with interest in the game dwindling, I can totally see why these huge investors are pulling out. It will be interesting to see whether this refund did really happen and if it will maybe cause a domino effect. I am quite sure that a significant portion of game assets is held by investors.
The way how fast ships would sell sometimes in the past and in such vast quantities... this wasn't just rabid fantards but a huge part of it was always grey market resellers.

News Comments > BlizzCon Virtual Tickets
1. Re: BlizzCon Virtual Tickets Sep 13, 2017, 22:28 CJ_Parker

Bwwwwaaaaahahahahahaha $40 for watching THEIR ADVERTSING SHOW (you know, where they should be glad if anyone tunes in for free or even pay YOU to watch it). It's like if QVC would charge for watching their tele shopping shows.
This is so incredibly stupid. The only thing even dumber and sadder is that there are more than enough mouthbreathers who will probably even consider this a good deal.

News Comments > Play The Division Free This Weekend
7. Re: Play The Division Free This Weekend Sep 13, 2017, 04:33 CJ_Parker

I'm gonna play a lot of (free) games this weekend but certainly not this casual Ubishit dumbass game.  

News Comments > FIFA 18 Demo
3. Re: FIFA 18 Demo Sep 13, 2017, 04:32 CJ_Parker

Well, I guess it depends. If you get to play the story of Philipp Lahm or Bastian Schweinsteiger then it probably is indeed boring as hell. However, if you get to play as Eric Cantona, Paul Gascoigne or Zlatan Ibrahimovic then it'll be quite a ride!  

News Comments > No More Arkham Games?
4. Re: No More Arkham Games? Sep 11, 2017, 21:38 CJ_Parker

They ain't gonna do more "classic" Arkham games cuz those games had single player. What they are gonna do instead is create some Arkham multiplayer garbage with microtransactions, DLC and loot boxes out da azz.
The sad part is that just like Destiny 2, GR Wildlands, R6S, ME:SoW, CoD, BF1, SWBF, Division etc. people are gonna buy it like hotcakes, too.
Single player is dead these days. It's gonna take a number of costly failures to reverse the trend (hopefully soon).

News Comments > Star Citizen 3.0 "Akin to Early Access"
31. Re: Star Citizen 3.0 Sep 11, 2017, 21:23 CJ_Parker

SlimRam wrote on Sep 11, 2017, 20:56:
Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 11, 2017, 20:29:
Is it just me, or does that announcement sound like a company that's been working on a game for about a year? ie.. not as long as these guys have...
Honestly, to me, it sounds like a minimum viable product situation. Chris is starting to realize that this huge entire game that he's been trying to create is never going to see the light of day. Now, he's basically telling his customers, "This is the game and this is what is going to be sold, sorry, but I HAVE to release something."

Yup. Whenever he manages to take a break from his "never been done before", "revolutionary"... blahblah... speeches then CR has his lucida intervalla and remembers that he might get his ass sued to hell and back if he doesn't at least deliver... something, anything... and totally against his usual over-confident self, he started talking about a MVP about a year ago himself.

It's when he started to cover his bases...

“We’ll have what we determine as a minimal viable product feature list for what you would call Star Citizen the commercial release, which is basically when you say OK, we’ve got to this point and we still have plans to add a lot more cool stuff, and more content, and more functionality, and more features, which by the way includes some of the later stretch goals which we have because not all of that will be right here fo the commercial release. But we’ll have something where we think, ‘Yeh, now everyone can play it, it doesn’t matter, you can load it up, it plays really well, it’s really stable, there’s lots of content, there’s lots of fun things to do, different professions, places to go’.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
7. Re: NVIDIA’s performance improvement per generation has dropped from 70% (pre-2010) to 30% (post-201 Sep 10, 2017, 15:37 CJ_Parker

All the big foundries (Intel, GloFo, TSMC etc.) are struggling with real physical limitations on the path to smaller and smaller nodes. It is complete grade A bullshit when some fantards of either camp are claiming that it (the slow progress) all has to do with complacency.

How would that even work? Do Intel engineers get a couple hours off per work day to wank off?

What a silly bunch of crap. They are always moving full steam ahead, testing, iterating, testing again... CPU/GPU development is incredibly complex.
If you look at the financial reports of the big foundries, you can see that their R&D expenses have exploded in recent years. They are trying hard to push on but it's not as easy as ten years ago when "all you had to do" was buy some new equipment to make your fabs ready for a smaller manufacturing process.

There is zero room for complacency. Intel has pretty much lost the whole mobile market to gigs like Qualcomm and Samsung. There is no time for sleep.
nVidia is pushing full steam ahead because they are already seeing huge new avenues in automotive and the supercomputing sector which might spur their growth big time. But they rely on TSMC and... see start of this post... they are struggling just like everyone else due to real technical hurdles that take time to overcome.

Specifically for Intel you can find a pretty good and not overly long article here at Anandtech that explains why it is taking them so long to move to 10nm+. Newsflash: It's not because their engineers are scratching their balls, playing with their dicks or picking their noses all day. Imagine that.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Sep 9, 2017, 13:12 CJ_Parker

"We put together a really cool AI system but it sucked up too much performance and it was eating frames from the game and we had to get performance up. We wound up making our guys stupider late in development because there wasn't a good way to go back and change it at that point. If we could have gone back in time we could have come up with a better overall system but it was too late to do that."

^ that right there sums up perfectly what's wrong with Obshittian. They make shit stupid all the time. That is the no. 1 problem with these jokers.

3886 Comments. 195 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo