Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Duffy

Real Name Duffy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 4480 (Master)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
2. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Sep 23, 2018, 20:33 CJ_Parker

To save y'all the clicking and the reading...

This file is named WaitList.dat, and according to Digital Forensics and Incident Response (DFIR) expert Barnaby Skeggs, this file is only found on touchscreen-capable Windows PCs where the user has enabled the handwriting recognition feature [1, 2] that automatically translates stylus/touchscreen scribbles into formatted text.

So, non-issue for the vast majority of users.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Prospects
28. Re: On Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Prospects Sep 23, 2018, 02:43 CJ_Parker

Rilcon wrote on Sep 23, 2018, 01:18:
I'll buy it for the xbone, and if it comes out on PC in the future, I'll most likely buy it again on that.

Wait. You own a shitbox?

MUUUUUUUUUAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA.

Rockstar games have consistently given me magnitudes more playtime and fun for the dollar than most any other, and the cost of one of these games is about an hour at work, two dinners at a fancy place, or four 2h movies at the local cinema (popcorn and soda not included).

^ all-out conslow peasantry confirmed

MUUUUUUUUUAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA.

16. Re: On Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Prospects Sep 22, 2018, 17:57 CJ_Parker

Quinn wrote on Sep 22, 2018, 17:46:
With Rockstar's success they could do two things:

1. Talk tough and just not release their games on PC, simply because they can, or;
2. Release their games on PC.

Somehow -- and this "somehow" part is important -- they choose not to release their games on PC and talk tough. In other words, they somehow choose choice Nr. 1.

There's no answer as to why, other than: they're assholes.

Which is the answer I've been running with for about a decade now, despite some of their games coming to PC anyway.
They're assholes.

Fuck Rockstar.

Exactly, dude.

They could treat PC gamers like actual customers, you know, and just tell it like it is or if they can't or don't want to just stay vague like "We have no PC plans to announce at this time and will be focusing all efforts on the console versions for now."

Instead we get that asshole schtick like "neener neener neener you PC fuckers ain't gettin' no pussy from us neener neener neener", only to be followed by "hahahahaha well, maybe we were lying and you actually will be getting some... or maybe not or maybe yes... hahahahaha".

What. the. actual. fuck. Do they employ four year olds in fucking marketing??!? Those fuckers????

It could be so simple... RESPECT AND TREAT US LIKE ACTUAL CUSTOMERS.

Problem solved... but as long as they behave like fucking toddlers then I will throw tantrums like one, too. Fair is fair.

8. Re: On Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Prospects Sep 22, 2018, 16:52 CJ_Parker

Do those assholes from R* still think they're cute when they are playing their games with whether there will be a PC version of their games or not? Seriously?

No, R*. You're not cute. You're pathetic fucking assholes is what you are and I still haven't bought your lame-ass roadkill murder simulator that is called GTA V. Just like I won't buy your retarded horse sex simulator called RDR 2 even if it comes to PC. Fuck you.

I didn't think it was possible to respect PC gamers less than fucking Microsoft does but you R* fucksticks take the cake and slam-dunk it.

Sad to see that my fellow gamers reward them for this shit by buying their games by the dozens of millions. I guess it is true that people just want to be treated like shit.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 20, 2018, 14:35 CJ_Parker

WaltC wrote on Sep 20, 2018, 14:02:
Sigh...nVidia has not taken the "first step" here at all.

They have actually contributed a VERY huge and significant FIRST step towards RTRT because contrary to all the proprietary efforts before and even their own proprietary efforts they have cooperated with Microsoft to bring RT to DirectX 12 in the shape and form of DXR.

It is now a part of the DirectX API thanks in large part to nVidia (well, will be next month when the DirectX 12 update comes out). Any moron or garage developer can make use of the RT functions via the DirectX 12 API in the future.

That's a gigantic first step to make RT available to all game developers who work with DirectX. No reason to "sigh" about it like a salty drama queen AMD fantard who can't stand to see nVidia at the vanguard of advancing game development .

News Comments > New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers
2. Re: New NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Sep 19, 2018, 23:12 CJ_Parker

Pepe wrote on Sep 19, 2018, 20:08:
More likely once a compatible version of windows 10 is released.

Ray tracing support should come in the october update, game patches should be in the same timeframe supposedly.

A Windows upate is not necessarily required. nVidia have both, a proprietary raytracing tech called RTX as well as support for DirectX 12 raytracing called DXR (they have in fact cooperated closely with Microsoft and been a main driver to make raytracing a reality in DirectX 12).

They don't need Windows support though. The RTX cores don't require DXR. They can also be addressed directly via nVidia RTX and there will also be a Vulkan implementation soonish. DXR is only one way to raytrace but by far not the only way.

News Comments > GeForce RTX 2080 Reviews
30. Re: GeForce RTX 2080 Reviews Sep 19, 2018, 22:28 CJ_Parker

Muscular Beaver wrote on Sep 19, 2018, 18:28:
Gib007 wrote on Sep 19, 2018, 17:09:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Sep 19, 2018, 15:54:
As a 1070 owner I will tell you that I will buy a 1080 Ti.
What a joke of a new generation. Laughable performance gain and the price increase is just lunacy.

The price increase is lunacy, I cannot disagree. However, I have a 1080 at present and looking at the 2080Ti on Shadow of the Tomb Raider at 4K, it goes from like 33 FPS to 59 FPS. That's not a joke of a gain. It literally makes for smooth gameplay at 4K, up from somewhat choppy. Overclock the 2080Ti and you probably reach 66 FPS or so. Literally 100% gain.
The average gain from a moderately overclocked 1080 Ti to an 2080 Ti is 14% in 1080p and 23% in 1440p. That will be even lower when you overclock your 1080 Ti even more.
It looks better in 4K, which is 37%, but still laughable when compared to the last generation gain, which was 58, 66 and 75% respectively, from 980 Ti to 1080 Ti.

Come on... let's use our brains a little. They went from 28nm Maxwell to 16nm Pascal because TSMC could not hack a high powered 20nm process.

The huge leap back then was an exception. Everyone knows that and it was NEVER to be expected that Pascal to Turing would even be in the same ballpark because the 12nm TSMC process is actually just an improved 16nm node (16nm+).

The performance increase in an apple to apple comparison is pretty impressive, i.e. GTX 1080 to RTX 2080 and GTX 1080Ti to RTX 2080Ti. Please stop the retarded "but if I overclock the 1080Ti" stupidity because you can overclock the RTX as well. Let's stick to apple vs. apple comparisons.

Depending on the game we are looking at substantial gains (up to 60%+) in 1440p/2160p. The average in apple to apple comparisons is about 35% to 45%. That's pretty fucking good for such a small shrink from 16nm to 12nm.
You'd have to be very uninformed to expect the same performance leaps we've seen last gen. These are very decent results we are seeing here.

It's very simple though: If you already own a GTX 1080 or 1080Ti then the only upgrade that makes any sense is a straight one to the successor. Upgrading from 1080Ti to 2080 makes no sense.

It is up to anyone to decide whether they want to pay the new gen's premium. As a 1080Ti owner I won't. Only the 2080Ti would make sense for me but fuck 1200 for a video card. Could I afford it? Yeah. Do I want to? Fuck no. Gotta have some limits and respect for da moolah. It don't grow on trees.

News Comments > GeForce RTX 2080 Reviews
18. Re: GeForce RTX 2080 Reviews Sep 19, 2018, 15:33 CJ_Parker

As a 1080Ti owner I'm gonna take a solid pass on this gen. The only upgrade path that makes any sense here is a straight upgrade, i.e. GTX 1080 to RTX 2080 or GTX 1080Ti to RTX 2080Ti.
I ain't payin' north of one grand for a graphics card. Fuck that concept.

An upgrade from a GTX 1080Ti to a RTX 2080 makes no sense at all. You get the same performance, 3GB VRAM less and the only thing you gain, i.e. RT and DLSS, does not seem to be worth it yet.

It'll take quite a few more gigarays before that stuff really takes off. Besides, the gains in image quality are fairly minuscule and nothing you would really notice in the heat of the action anyway.

The BF V demo with the RT reflections was pretty impressive but it will be quite a while (RTX 4080 rather than 3080) before we will see playable fps at resolutions above 1080p.

So, gonna wait and see what nVidia will do on 7nm next year. Whatever it will be, I'm sure it'll be a much more worthwhile upgrade for GTX 10 owners. TSMC 7nm should give us a nice leap forward hopefully.

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands New Versions; Free Weekend Plans
4. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands New Versions; Free Weekend Plans Sep 19, 2018, 04:06 CJ_Parker

I also liked Wildlands quite a bit. My recommendation for solo/PvE players would be to just get the base game at first. If you finish that one and still need more then get Fallen Ghosts. Skip Narco Road. That one is garbage by all accounts.
The season pass is WAY overpriced. It's a complete scam since only FG is actually worth half a damn.

All the other DLC is multiplayer microtransaction ripoff bullshit (the whole year 2 pass is one huge scam actually).
Fuck and skip the (season) passes. They are complete and utter fraud. Base game + Fallen Ghosts is all you need for decent content.

maddog wrote on Sep 19, 2018, 00:29:
I was consistently amazed by the gaming world and hope they go to a fun new locale for a sequel.

Yup, it won't be easy though to top, or even match, Bolivia.
I mean, Wildlands had it all already. They had all climate zones in this one game and the most interesting ones for this type of game, too.

In addition to villages and a few fairly huge cities we had rugged, snowy mountain tops, highlands, deserts, pine forests, huge (salt) lakes, rolling hills, rivers, plains, meadows, grasslands, swamps, jungles and even some huge underground mines all in one freakin' game.

There's seriously not much room for improvement there. The only way they could do something entirely different would be a huge city setting like a Wildlands GTA.
I would not like it if they headed in that direction as I'm not a fan of urban settings.

The only setting that I could imagine that could potentially match or top Bolivia would be something like Costa Rica/Haiti/Cuba and the many surrounding smaller Caribbean islands plus maybe the Mexican coastal regions where the cartel would have its HQ.

Anyway, as far as game world, well, they have almost kind of worked themselves into a corner because Bolivia was simply too good already. I'd love to be proven wrong, of course.

News Comments > Op Ed
30. Re: Op Ed Sep 17, 2018, 14:07 CJ_Parker

As someone who grew up with Samantha Fox Strip Poker on C64, I wholeheartedly welcome pr0n g4m3z on Steam. Bring on the nekkidness!  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Odyssey Season Pass Includes Assassin's Creed III Remastered
1. Re: Assassin's Creed Odyssey Season Pass Includes Assassin's Creed III Remastered Sep 13, 2018, 19:44 CJ_Parker

AssCreed III: Nice in so far as it was the conclusion of the Desmond Miles story but otherwise a terrible AC that also sucked in the tech department since it felt way too conslow-infested.

It started good with Haytham Kenway but then went to shit with the -to me- most annoying main character in the series (whiny Connor).
I ended up rushing through the Connor parts to get back to Desmond, his dad, Rebecca and Shawn (the latter was worth the price of admission alone).
The real world story here was actually better than the historical stuff.

To me it was the second weakest AC (the very first one was actually the shittiest IMHO).

The only good thing about AC III is that it was followed by (one of) the series best: Black Flag.

It's kind of weird that they are doing a remaster of this entry (mebbe cuz of the Juno/Minerva connection for Odyssey?).
They should probably include an intro video then that depicts the events from AC1/AC2/Bruhhood/Revelations so people who haven't played those games would know who the fuck Desmond even is.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
11. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 13, 2018, 12:26 CJ_Parker

Pr()ZaC wrote on Sep 13, 2018, 07:50:
CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 13, 2018, 02:38:
I don't get this shit... where is the iPhone 9? Are they skipping no. 9 in favor of X? WTF!?!
Just like Windows 9... Conspiracy theory mode ON.

Well, there was a good reason with Windows because the leading 9 would have made some (mostly older) software believe it was being installed on a Windows 9x OS. The valid reason was version checking.

Jivaro wrote on Sep 13, 2018, 10:33:
Is 9 to the tech industry like 13 is to architects or something?

AFAIK, the number 4 is the unlucky number in "tech" or at least in China where most tech is coming from. They try to avoid "4" like the plague since it is written similar to "death" in their sign language but "9" should be fine.

So... I DEMAND an iPhone 9. Not that I'd buy one... my ancient iPhone 4 still works like a charm but how the fuck am I s'posed to trust Apple if they can't even count right and just skip a number for shits and giggles?

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
7. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 13, 2018, 02:38 CJ_Parker

I don't get this shit... where is the iPhone 9? Are they skipping no. 9 in favor of X? WTF!?!  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Premium Membership for Free
5. Re: Battlefield 4 Premium Membership for Free Sep 12, 2018, 13:09 CJ_Parker

This includes various perks for the World War II shooter...

BF4 is modern world, not WW2, dude.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Free Premium Pass
9. Re: Battlefield 1 Free Premium Pass Sep 12, 2018, 02:23 CJ_Parker

Retired wrote on Sep 11, 2018, 23:47:
GinRummy wrote on Sep 11, 2018, 19:47:
And if you don't own the base game you can get it for $5 and get the free pass with it. Hope nobody recently paid full prices for them.

You can get the full game, plus all expansions for under $10. The Revolution edition.....

Dude... $4.99 + $0.00 < $9.99

And, yeah, it looks like standard + free pass is the same as the Revolution edition. It would be extraordinarily retarded to buy the Revolution edition as long as that pass is a freebie. Why gift EA an extra $5?

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Free Premium Pass
3. Re: Battlefield 1 Free Premium Pass Sep 11, 2018, 20:53 CJ_Parker

That's crazy generous of them. A free pass to empty servers. Very nice.  

News Comments > Steam Getting Uncensored Anime Game Friday
14. Re: Steam Getting Uncensored Anime Game Friday Sep 11, 2018, 20:49 CJ_Parker

El Pit wrote on Sep 11, 2018, 16:40:
CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 11, 2018, 13:03:
Instabuy

Instacome?

Depends on exactly how "uncensored" it is...

7. Re: Steam Getting Uncensored Anime Game Friday Sep 11, 2018, 14:41 CJ_Parker

SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 11, 2018, 14:25:
Does anyone know where is the pre-order button?
Asking for a friend

If you look closely it is on the left side of the store listing and shaped like a bewb.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
5. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 11, 2018, 13:05 CJ_Parker

mch wrote on Sep 11, 2018, 11:44:
PHJF wrote on Sep 11, 2018, 11:19:

What part of Universal Serial Bus do these people not understand?

My guess would be the universal part

u da smart c00kie yes?!?

5. Re: Steam Getting Uncensored Anime Game Friday Sep 11, 2018, 13:03 CJ_Parker

Instabuy  

4480 Comments. 224 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo