Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for Duffy

Real Name Duffy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 5145 (Guru)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 16, 2019, 20:00 CJ_Parker

Simon Says wrote on Jun 16, 2019, 16:17:
Aero wrote on Jun 16, 2019, 15:07:
and it seems a pretty good bet there will be at least a couple months slippage.

CDPR have been known to be really conservative about their release dates and sometimes even releasing before the announced date. I wouldn't worry too much about slippage in their case.

Not sure if trolling or serious?

I mean, in what alternative universe would that be?

The Witcher 2 was delayed at least two months (and the Xbox port even further) while The Witcher 3 was delayed several times. It was originally announced for fall 2014, then pushed back to February 2015 with a promise of "no more delays". In fact Iwinski said...

"This is not our first game; we are not newbies," CD Projekt Red cofounder Marcin Iwinski told Eurogamer. "It's not like 'hey we are delaying and we'll keep on delaying'. If we would think we need more time we would say 'hey we'll release it not in February but, I don't know, June'. We made the decision at the moment we were able to judge how much time we needed, and we planned it well and it works well for us. So, no more delays."

... and then it turned out that they actually are quite the "newbies" because the game was delayed again to May 2015.

Every game they have developed so far also needed the delays because they were fuggy as buck on release. They did not release those patch collections a.k.a Enhanced Editions for nothing. They are a GaaS developer just as much as other gigs.
That's why I won't preorder and why I won't buy their half-assed release version either. GOTY or GTFO. I have no time for unfinished games.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > It Came from E3 2019, Part 6
3. Re: It Came from E3 2019, Part 6 Jun 15, 2019, 17:21 CJ_Parker

Not a single booth babe gallery so far *sigh* ... I AM DISAPPOINT!!11  

News Comments > Fallout 76 Nuclear Winter Beta Extended
5. Re: Fallout 76 Nuclear Winter Beta Extended Jun 15, 2019, 16:56 CJ_Parker

Bill Borre wrote on Jun 15, 2019, 16:13:
I've been playing the trial the last three days and was disconnected yesterday and the day before. I don't think I've ever lost a connection to ESO so I'm not sure why the discrepancy.

The discrepancy is:

- Fallout 76: Developed and operated by Bethesda Game Studios
- Elder Scrolls Online: Developed and operated by Zenimax Online Studios

Bethesda Game Studios: A studio with over two decades of history developing offline single player games. Fallout 76 is their first real online game.

Zenimax Online Studios: A studio specifically founded to develop and operate The Elder Scrolls Online with many, many developers who have worked on online games before.

News Comments > Vector 36 and More Free This Weekend
4. Re: Vector 36 and More Free This Weekend Jun 14, 2019, 14:56 CJ_Parker

I played some Battlefield V single player as part of the Origin free trial.

I'm not impressed so far. Even the visuals with RTX ultra aren't all that impressive because the performance is complete dogshit (RTX 2080Ti) and because of visual bugs aplenty like flickering and transparent rock textures.
I have also never been a fan of the Frostshite engine because it always has this glossy, plastic-y look, especially on rocky surfaces. Same here in BF V. It just looks very unrealistic.

And the gameplay is pretty boring so far. The game encourages stealth in the first missions but the level design and the mechanics aren't really made for it. The levels are also too large to sneak slowly over hundreds of meters only to be caught (no quick save so you are always reset to the last checkpoint) and then being forced to replay long boring sneak slogs.

Oh well, it was nice as a demo for RTX but I'm not even sure I will finish the single player in the next seven days. It's too unremarkable and there is way too much other good stuff to play out there that I'd rather spend time on.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
14. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 14, 2019, 14:35 CJ_Parker

I think the biggest problem for most gamers is not having SJW stuff in games or LGBT stuff but the fact how it is presented. It is shoved down gamers' throats with force. In many games it goes like... dialogue option #1: Who are you? Dialogue option #2: Wanna fuck?

That's just plain stupid. Many writers doing such a piss-poor job with their "agendas" is the real problem. I'm sure that 90%+ of gamers don't have a problem with LGBT chars in games if those chars would act completely normal and just be there without making a fuss about themselves.

But that is rarely the case. The chars are often times abused as virtual mouthpieces to send a message.
*That* is the issue. Many gamers don't want no fucking propaganda in their games. Leave us the fuck alone with that bullshit and keep it in the real world where it belongs.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
12. Re: Morning Interviews Jun 13, 2019, 13:35 CJ_Parker

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jun 13, 2019, 12:38:
Also, what makes you think Keanu wasn't super excited to do a Cyberpunk game and for cheap?

Have you seen his E3 "performance"? It was clear as day that video games aren't his territory at all (no surprise since being a boozaholic is not good for los reflexos).

He said literally in a pretty monotonous, non-enthusiastic tone while reading some of it off a screen going by his stare when he said the key words related to the game which he was obviously supposed to mention... "the guys from CD Projekt Red approached me and asked me to be a part of their new project. Cyberpunk 2077. They were going on and on about how they create this vast, open world with a branching story line, how you'd be able to customize your character through the in-game choices... and it's not something I knew before but I was excited by... and I'm always drawn to fascinating stories...

If you look at his performance it is almost hard to imagine how it could have been less enthusiastic. He said his piece like a paid pro and exited the stage. The work on Cyberpunk 2077 was a job he got paid for. As a mostly has-been who is WAY past his prime he can't be much of a chooser.

I got nothing against Reeves by the way. He used to be a decent actor before the liquids took over. It always hurts a little to see these "broken" guys you admired back in the 90s. I feel kinda sorry for him and wish him all the best.

As for his inclusion in the game, I feel it is unnecessary and pretentious by CD Projekt. As much as I like their games, I could very much do without their loudmouth, pretentious marketing bullshit. They are the kings of overhyping. It actually turns me off more than attracting me to their games since I don't really want to buy a game from a bunch of doucheclowns.
Oh well... I won't be getting the game before the GOTY anyway so most of the retarded hype will be forgotten by then.

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Getting Ray Tracing Support
24. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Getting Ray Tracing Support Jun 12, 2019, 15:37 CJ_Parker

Beamer wrote on Jun 12, 2019, 14:17:
I wouldn't be surprised if the ray tracing gains on the next-gen cards are at least 30%-40%. Overall it wouldn't be that much faster, but could see it being so at ray tracing. Doesn't mean 30%-40% more frames, though, since right now most games only use some ray tracing.

Well, the performance jump from GTX 1080Ti to RTX 2080Ti w/o RT was already an impressive 30% to 40% on average.

The GTX 1080Ti to RTX 2080Ti was a mini node shrink from 16nm to 12nm which many people were saying was more like a 16nm+ process rather than a real shrink.

The RTX 3080Ti GPU will be receiving a real shrink treatment based on a 7nm(+) EUV-enhanced Samsung or TSMC process. Coupled with nVidia's Turing experiences so far and their optimizations on the architectural level as well as the RTX backend + drivers, we could be looking at a considerably higher performance leap in ray-tracing going forward.
It will most likely get a really nice bump next gen. That's almost inevitable.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2019, Part 2
1. Re: It Came from E3 2019, Part 2 Jun 12, 2019, 15:09 CJ_Parker

lol @ the VtM Bloodlines 2 footage at 11:57.

Full mag to the unarmored head of that chick, zero hit feedback and absolutely no damage apparently. Even if she's a vamp and can't be killed by bullets this would be dumb for the bullets to not even leave a mark.

Oh well, it's a shitty Paradox game that will never get finished anyway so why give a fuck really, haha...

News Comments > Wasteland 3 Next Year
1. Re: Wasteland 3 Next Year Jun 12, 2019, 14:46 CJ_Parker

That drunk fuck is annoying as shit... what were they thinking?  

News Comments > DOOM Eternal Collector's Edition
3. Re: DOOM Eternal Collector's Edition Jun 12, 2019, 14:43 CJ_Parker

200 buuuuhhhhhhhhhhhcccckkkksss????

Aaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaahahahahaaaaahahaa

10. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Getting Ray Tracing Support Jun 12, 2019, 05:32 CJ_Parker

Sempai wrote on Jun 12, 2019, 04:18:
All you need is a $1300 video card from a shitty gross af corp run by a gigantic twat for a ceo!

Yay!..

No, you don't. You can just buy an awesome nVidia card, you know?

News Comments > Romero Games Announces Empire of Sin
7. Re: Romero Games Announces Empire of Sin Jun 11, 2019, 23:52 CJ_Parker

Yay! Another milking festival from Paradox! Yippie! Let's get those udders warmed up for the giving!  

1. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Getting Ray Tracing Support Jun 11, 2019, 21:35 CJ_Parker

FUCK YEAH!  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
14. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 11, 2019, 15:04 CJ_Parker

Verno wrote on Jun 11, 2019, 12:29:
I'm also still trying to figure out what the optimal spot will be for memory speed.

Well, for gaming low latency is king and according to this official AMD slide you don't really want to go over DDR4-3733 because the ratio switches from 1:1 to 2:1 beyond 3733MHz.

You are getting the best latency at DDR4-3733 C17, though I guess the marginal 2ns difference when compared to DDR4-3200 C14 and DDR4-3600 C16 is negligible.

As far as testing goes, I hope we will see some in-depth articles exploring the claim on that slide that DDR4-4200 will work "with ease".

So far, even with Intel you need to get very lucky with your CPU, mainboard and RAM combo to pull off 4000MHz+ DDR4.
You usually need to increase the voltage quite a bit to the 1.4xV range (even if the RAM kit or its XMP profile claims 1.35V for e.g. 4133MHz) and you will also have to tinker with the VCCIO and SA voltages.

Sometimes the only way to get high frequency RAM to work is to get a board with only two RAM slots to remove as much interference from the RAM slots/channels as possible.
It would be quite impressive if AMD's "4200MHz with ease" claim is true because that would be a first.

On the other hand, this is mostly academic since as a gamer you'll want low latency rather than high frequency and 3733MHz is kind of the limit due to the Infinity Fabric ratio.

News Comments > Rainbow Six Quarantine Breaks Out Next Year
9. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 11, 2019, 14:42 CJ_Parker

Mac wrote on Jun 11, 2019, 14:09:
JTW wrote on Jun 11, 2019, 12:08:
When every other cooperative game out there is designed for four players, they're releasing a three player game. That means that every group of friends who game together will either have to kick a friend out, or play a different game.

Good thinking.

Or find another 2 people and run 2 teams ...

Or take turns so one guy can always go and...

- Fuck his girlfriend
- Drink beer
- Go for a smoke
- Clean up cat/dog barf off the carpet
- Answer their phone
- Take an epic dump
- Fill in any other reason why people go AFK all the time

11. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 11, 2019, 12:20 CJ_Parker

The 3000 series will have built-in OC of up to 200MHz via Precision Boost (on decent premium X570 mobos) so that is exactly where the benefit of the higher TDP will play a role. The 3800X will allow a higher boost w/o manual OC over the 3700X.

AMD aren't complete retards. I believe that people who think they are clever cheapskates by buying a 3700X and hoping it will OC just as well as a 3800X are going to be in for a rude awakening.

It's not my money though so don't really care... just a friendly warning that AMD isn't arbitrarily putting these TDP limits as labels on their SKUs.
The 3700X will most likely have built-in auto-throttling to maintain its 65W target while the 3800X is free to run wild and suck up to 105W outta the wall. With that 65W limit you ain't going far if you attempt to OC...

News Comments > Dying Light 2 in Spring 2020
5. Re: Dying Light 2 in Spring 2020 Jun 11, 2019, 12:04 CJ_Parker

Just die already.  

News Comments > OUTRIDERS Announced
2. Re: OUTRIDERS Announced Jun 11, 2019, 11:42 CJ_Parker

Drop-out sounds good.  

News Comments > It Came from E3 2019, Part 0
5. Re: It Came from E3 2019, Part 0 Jun 11, 2019, 11:39 CJ_Parker

Because Keanu was drunk on stage?  

6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 11, 2019, 10:54 CJ_Parker

Verno wrote on Jun 11, 2019, 10:40:
I'm actually more a fan of the 3700X than the 3800X. For $70 I will just try to OC the small difference.

Has there been any word on how the TDP is handled by the CPU? The only way it makes sense to even differentiate between the 3700X (65W TDP) and the 3800X (105W TDP) would be to kinda hard-lock it or everyone would simply buy the 3700X if you could easily drive that one up to 105W as well.

At the very least we should expect that the 3700X are inferior CPUs that did not make the 3800X cut in terms of quality/specs. It's going to be a binning thing at the fab which ones go in the 3700X and which ones go in the 3800X basket.
It would therefore be quite reasonable to expect the 3700X CPUs to be rather poor overclockers. If they were decent overclockers then they would carry the 3800X label. Simple as that.

5145 Comments. 258 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo