Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 3427 (Veteran)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > No Full Clip Edition Upgrades for Bulletstorm Owners
13. Re: No Full Clip Edition Upgrades for Bulletstorm Owners Dec 6, 2016, 06:51 CJ_Parker

Skipping garbage ain't hard.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Resident Evil 7 PC Demo This Month
4. Re: Resident Evil 7 PC Demo This Month Dec 4, 2016, 17:48 CJ_Parker

McJammiepants wrote on Dec 4, 2016, 13:43:
This game looks like an incredible experience I'll nope out of after 45 minutes. Life is currently full of enough anxiety, without the need for supplemental, pant-shitting, terror.

Too bad...I'd love to play it.

When you grow up and become an adult, you will learn the difference between fiction and reality. Just a few more years. Hang in there, li'l buddy...

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Announced
23. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Announced Dec 4, 2016, 17:45 CJ_Parker

Finally a new MechWarrior but then it is made by assholes?

Not fair, man. Not fair...

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer
14. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer Dec 2, 2016, 18:04 CJ_Parker

Looks like it's going to be a proper piece of shit. Why did they have to turn ME into a fucking cartoon? This looks like SWTOR meets Planetside 2. Ridiculous. Shitty. Fuck off material.
And fuck Frostshite with its artificial glossy look&feel. It's not visceral, you're not part of the action, you're like a war reporter watching shit through a very clean, high gloss, filtered camera lens. It's a complete garbage engine.
I'm sure the (either mentally or physically) preteens will enjoy it mucho though. "Aaaaawwwww mommy I wanna play as Krooooogggaaaaannnn... they look soooooooo funneeeeeehhhh!!!!!".

News Comments > BATTLETECH Beta Plans
16. Re: BATTLETECH Beta Plans Dec 2, 2016, 07:10 CJ_Parker

DrSquick wrote on Dec 1, 2016, 22:33:
nin wrote on Dec 1, 2016, 20:11:
If you'd like a look at what this is going to look like, check out this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjEeDz51pHE

I can't wait to play it...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, I was expecting a MechWarrior running the Unreal 5 6 or whatever the latest engine is... Not expecting that :/

I'm glad it's not some dumbed down twitch garbage that would only be a mere shadow of the MechWarrior glory days anyway. TBS is the right way to go to do the depth of the whole setting proper justice. This should turn into an awesome game going by what they have shown so far.

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale & Steam Awards
26. Re: Steam Autumn Sale & Steam Awards Nov 24, 2016, 11:52 CJ_Parker

MacLeod wrote on Nov 24, 2016, 11:22:
Man I really hate the new Steam front page for the store. Before, there was a list format with tabs for sales, new releases and popular. It was really easy to quickly glance at everything. Now Everything is giant logo buttons that are a pain in the ass to look at, and I have to go to sub-pages to get to full lists of anything.

Uuuhh instead of tabs, you now have a nav menu on the left where you can easily find the exact same shit as with your "Specials", "Upcoming", Popular", "New Releases" tabs. Zero difference basically.

What I don't get, however, is how they managed to revamp the interface but did not fix the retarded on-click pull-down menus for games with a lot of DLC like FSX. That shit is really annoying because every time you click on an entry in the long list of DLCs, when you go back, the menu will be closed again so you have to reopen the menu every time, remember which link you clicked, scroll back down again... it's shitty as fuck is what it is. Like made by a web designer in 1998 with three days of JScript experience under his fat, dumb belt.

News Comments > World of Warcraft 12th Anniversary Celebration
12. Re: World of Warcraft 12th Anniversary Celebration Nov 21, 2016, 09:23 CJ_Parker

nin wrote on Nov 21, 2016, 08:39:
Wallshadows wrote on Nov 20, 2016, 17:20:
CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 20, 2016, 16:37:
Eeeewwww... try to imagine the smell of a fat nerd who hasn't showered in 12 years. I wonder how many of those there are? How many people have lost their lives to this game in the past 12 years? It's kind of a scary thought that there are some real zombies out there who haven't partaken in life outside of WoW for over a decade.

It's hard to imagine someone such as yourself exists but here we are.

The way he talks, you'd think he spent All 12 years in trade chat...he certainly fits in there.

YA THINK?????? WUNNA BAI SUM PR0N BRUUUHHHH?????!?!??!

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
3. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Nov 20, 2016, 16:40 CJ_Parker

{PH}88fingers wrote on Nov 20, 2016, 16:19:
Luke wrote on Nov 20, 2016, 16:07:
NO , so forget it micspy 10

Have you ever posted anything longer than 4 word garbage?

Thanks to the shortness it is at least more digestible than your garbage.

News Comments > World of Warcraft 12th Anniversary Celebration
3. removed Nov 20, 2016, 16:37 CJ_Parker

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Nov 21, 2016, 09:52.

News Comments > Star Citizen Schedule, Videos, Sale
68. Re: Star Citizen Schedule, Videos, Sale Nov 20, 2016, 02:27 CJ_Parker

Dr_Dissent wrote on Nov 20, 2016, 01:29:
I was out walking my dog on the trail behind my house and I ran into this guy walking his dog. Started talking. He's a developer who works at CIG here in Austin. Says he's working on Star Citizen. I just smiled and said I was familiar with the company. What do you say when you meet a stranger who owes you money?

What do you mean "say"? You just go straight for the throat, dude.

56. Re: Star Citizen Schedule, Videos, Sale Nov 19, 2016, 22:09 CJ_Parker

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 19, 2016, 21:14:
CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 19, 2016, 20:46:
It would help if some of y'all would actually read the damn letter instead of producing uneducated drivel. The letter specifically says...

So for Star Citizen Alpha 2.6 we’re going to share our internal schedule and its breakouts on a weekly basis.

Very simple, no rocket surgery. The schedule they are sharing is solely about PU alpha version 2.6, i.e. it is not about the entire project, not about Squadron 42 and not about when Christ Roberts is getting his hair dyed again or when Sandi Gardiner is going to get a boob job. Capisce?

Thanks for mentioning that... but who cares about the PTU 2.6 somewhen in December though when SQ42 was supposed to release this month and a final EP1 was supposed to be showcased at citizencon, but wasn't? And yes, the letter clearly talks about the PTU, but the schedule report pages does talk about Squadron 42... only to then quickly not ever mention it again ;p

I agree with you that it is kind of sad (but also expected and telling) how S42 is getting swept under the rug.

But for clarification: They never promised that S42 would be out this month. They only ever mentioned "2016" in that teaser trailer from last year but no specific month. At CitizenCon in October it was confirmed that it won't be out this year.

Also, what they originally wanted to show at CitizenCon was not an entire episode but just a single mission (although one episode comprises approximately two missions so it's at least half an episode, yeah).
They made it sound as if the mission demo just barely did not make it and that it would be shown "soon" but -as expected- more than a month has passed since then with no sign of that single mission demo. So far, it wasn't part of the anniversary streams either. Maybe x-mas?

It's definitely really shitty of them to not even provide a status update but there is an anniversary sale going on so they have much better things to do right now...

46. Re: Star Citizen Schedule, Videos, Sale Nov 19, 2016, 20:46 CJ_Parker

It would help if some of y'all would actually read the damn letter instead of producing uneducated drivel. The letter specifically says...

So for Star Citizen Alpha 2.6 we’re going to share our internal schedule and its breakouts on a weekly basis.

Very simple, no rocket surgery. The schedule they are sharing is solely about PU alpha version 2.6, i.e. it is not about the entire project, not about Squadron 42 and not about when Christ Roberts is getting his hair dyed again or when Sandi Gardiner is going to get a boob job. Capisce?

14. Re: Star Citizen Schedule, Videos, Sale Nov 19, 2016, 13:00 CJ_Parker

That schedule crap is a response to a growing part of the fanbase becoming ever more impatient. The hardcore fantard cultists are still defending everything to the death, of course, but even the regular core fans were now -finally- getting pretty fucking annoyed with the lack of progress this year.
See here for a recent thread (which was closed, of course, since you can not have criticism in Roberts land).

The CitizenCon no-show of Squadron 42 was quite a downer for many. Many also found it disappointing that Star Marine still hasn't come out. Remember: it was originally promised for an early 2015 release and in August 2015 it was supposedly only "weeks away, not months" according to the devs.
It is now supposedly getting closer for real but as we can see from the livestream it's apparently also way less tactical than originally promised. The promise was Rainbow Six/ArmA tactical depth and slow gameplay. The reality is it's CoD/BF/Crysis.
It has also become very obvious that 3.0, which many of the cultist sheeple got hyped up for real bad, is not going to happen this year.

As a result of all of these failures to deliver, even the dumbest of the dumb cows are now finally starting to see through the bait and switch scheme, where there is this huge gaping discrepancy between all the flashy trailers'n'demos and the actual delivery.

CIG are simply trying to buy time with the schedule transparency. It will have to remain to be seen whether they will really update it regularly or if it is a one trick pony for maximizing money intake from the impending anniversary sale next week.

Going by their incredibly shitty track record, it is probably the latter. They can not even keep their ships stats page updated on a current basis in spite of the fact that they have a so called "director of spaceships" on the team and dozens of people whose only job it is to coordinate the exchange of ships assets and info between the various studios.

The result: Abysmally outdated ship stats cuz it's apparently too hard for a team of 370 people to maintain a single central Excel sheet of stats.

Why should the schedule crap end up being different? It's obviously just an attempt to restore a little faith right before the big sale next week. The only thing that is transparent about it is the cheapness of the move.

News Comments > Genital Jousting Early Access
18. Re: Genital Jousting Early Access Nov 18, 2016, 14:03 CJ_Parker

Cutter wrote on Nov 18, 2016, 00:13:
I like big floppy penises as much as the next guy...

Why am I not surprised?

News Comments > Genital Jousting Early Access
2. Re: Genital Jousting Early Access Nov 17, 2016, 21:10 CJ_Parker

Now this shit is my kinda game. Insta-buy!!!!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
73. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2016, 17:50 CJ_Parker

Ozmodan wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 17:32:
Grow up. It is called democracy. It has worked better than any place else in the world for over 200 years.

Oh has it now? What about the civil war, the holocaust of the native population, the slavery, the racial segregation, the great depression?
Are there shittier places in the world? Yes. But saying it has worked "better than any place else in the world" is a HUGE stretch.
But I'm not surprised since the "world" for most Americans still ends at the Atlantic (E), Pacific (W), Canada (N) and Mexico (S).

News Comments > New Metro Game Plans?
7. Re: New Metro Game Plans? Nov 9, 2016, 14:27 CJ_Parker

Yeppers. They can go fuck themselves. Same as with the lame-ass Deus Ex Human Revolution "Director's Cut". I'm not touching either franchise until I can have those games (i.e. their redux or DC editions) for pennies on sale. If that.  

News Comments > Dishonored 2 Launch Trailer
3. Re: Dishonored 2 Launch Trailer Nov 9, 2016, 14:23 CJ_Parker

Friday is the traditional launch day in EU. But I'm sure Donald will change this back to Tuesday ASAP to MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
33. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2016, 14:10 CJ_Parker

BWWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA

Take that bitches! The trolls always win!

News Comments > Win10 Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Refund Over Player Counts?
1. Re: Win10 Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Refund Over Player Counts? Nov 8, 2016, 10:37 CJ_Parker

Yep, Phil, the MS Store is definitely about to become a true Steam killer. Your company's incredible commitment to PC gaming is overwhelming. Any day now. Any day. It is sooo exciting to be a part of it and to be allowed to be a witness of this monumental, historical shift in time. Absolutely epic.  

3427 Comments. 172 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo