Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 3332 (Veteran)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > CD Projekt Worth $1B
4. Re: CD Projekt Worth $1B Aug 29, 2016, 20:24 CJ_Parker

NetHead wrote on Aug 29, 2016, 20:01:
Typical, inevitable, sarcastic comment about how piracy kills the industry, particularly in regard to PC, and how a high profile game let alone distributor without DRM will fail miserably etc..

Compared to Skyrim it did in fact "fail" pretty miserably. Who knows how many more copies it would have sold with just a little copy protection? Why did the arguably better game not sell more copies than the worse game in the same genre from five years ago?

Just because they made fucktons of money does not necessarily mean by default that it is a smart move to serve the game to the filthy thieves on a golden platter.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 29, 2016, 17:52 CJ_Parker

Ozmodan wrote on Aug 29, 2016, 17:26:
Absolutely no use for a curved monitor. Bought one to try it out and ended up returning it.

Might work for TV's where you sit some distance from the TV, but for a monitor just flat out stupid.

I agree. I went to a brick&mortar store a few months ago to check out all the curved screens on display to see for myself what all the hubbub is about and the answer is it's fookin' retarded. It looks like crap and actually interferes negatively with the user experience especially in everyday desktop usage.
Seriously, unless you're some kind of animal or alien with frog eyes, you're not going to be able to convince me with a straight face that a curved screen is actually worth having.

I could *maybe* see some very limited use in a home cockpit environment where you are sitting pretty close to the screen and use it 99.9% of the time for pure racing/flying but in a regular home PC environment with a typical mix of internet, gaming, pr0n and other media? Fuck no.

It's an even lamer fad than 3D and VR. I sincerely hope it goes away real soon.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 29, 2016, 17:39 CJ_Parker

Noice. So the kiddies can finally cook their fucking popcorn in the microwave oven without fucking up their PSN shit.  

News Comments > Ubisoft F2P Game Shutdowns
11. removed Aug 28, 2016, 20:30 CJ_Parker

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Aug 29, 2016, 07:30.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
17. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 28, 2016, 17:00 CJ_Parker

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 28, 2016, 11:17:
I bought a PS3 copy of Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen a few months back, finally got around to actually playing it... the game is actually really good! Minor Consolitis of course.

Your PS3 copy of DD:DA has "minor consolitis"? Real shocker right there, bro!

I mean we all know that most console games have absolutely no consolitis at all, right?

News Comments > Ubisoft F2P Game Shutdowns
8. Re: Ubisoft F2P Game Shutdowns Aug 28, 2016, 16:45 CJ_Parker

Great use of development funds right there, Ubi. Congratz. Now please crank out more garbage F2P games instead of using any funds to make a decent Rainbow Six or Ghost Recon game with a single player campaign. Or maybe even a new Might&Magic? Nah. Please don't. That would make sense and would probably even yield a profit. Boring, right? Why do any of that if you can just have fun and sink a few more ships eh?  

News Comments > Halo 5: Forge PC Specs
26. Re: Halo 5: Forge PC Specs Aug 28, 2016, 09:37 CJ_Parker

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Aug 28, 2016, 04:36:
7) Paying for PC franchises like Tomb Raider to be timed exclusives

To be fair (which is really hard whenever Microshit is involved, of course, but let's try...), Tomb Raider has always been a multiplatform game but, yeah, splurging money with the sole intention to withhold the game from a subset of their customers was still just as shabby and despicable as every other timed exclusive they did in the history of the Shitbox.

10) Forcing Ensemble Studios to make a XB1 exclusive RTS game then shuttering it when it underperformed

Dude? Ensemble was shut down in 2009. There wasn't any XB1 to be seen anywhere back then.
The only console game they did was Halo Wars which got a 82 average score on MC which isn't that bad. The reason for the closure of Ensemble and Aces given on Wikipedia is... "In 2009, Microsoft Studios disbanded both Ensemble Studios and Aces Studio due to the effects of the late-2000s financial crisis and the restructuring of their game development studios.".

When will Microsoft learn that fucking over PC gamers isn't a good business strategy?

As long as Phil Spencer is there: Never. Phil is all about fucking PC gamers in the big A.

18. Re: Halo 5: Forge PC Specs Aug 27, 2016, 20:01 CJ_Parker

WaltC wrote on Aug 27, 2016, 19:31:
Timmeh wrote on Aug 27, 2016, 15:37:
ok so Halo is an xbox title...

xbox is entirely based on AMD hardware.

recommended specs for pc feature intel and NVidia...

Something smells in Denmark.

You beat me to the same remarks...;) Microsoft is just simply dumb as a box of rocks when it comes to gaming--for reasons I will never, ever understand.

One HUGE reason is very simple and it even has a name: Phil Spencer.

They don't--have to remember Microsoft paid $2B for Minecraft--a game that when they bought it was already "as old as the hills and 2x as dusty"...;) Think about that...for the same money Microsoft could have opened a new game studio and published fifty AAA titles @ an average investment of $50M *each*...! What a colossal waste of money.

Indeed. The saddest part is those fuckers shut down Ensemble and Aces but then cough up $2bn for some third rate casual garbage. We could happily be building empires in AoE VII or fly around all over the world in an awesome true next gen sim with FS12 or whatever version we'd be at by now.

All of that for a minuscule fraction of that $2bn and I'm betting they'd still make a profit from these "niche" PC-exclusive games IF they would actually give a shit and support/market them properly.

The flight sim and add-on community is still alive and kicking. There are literally dozens of companies who are able to survive just fine by selling add-ons for a decade old sim that supposedly "does not sell".

9. Re: Halo 5: Forge PC Specs Aug 27, 2016, 16:49 CJ_Parker

Hahaha Microsoft is so fucking retarded they can't even get something as simple as system reqs written down correctly. I mean WTF is a...

GPU: GeForce 970 Ti

Hmm Microshit? Parallel universe much you n00bs?

Oh yeah and lest I forget: Fuck Halo. Either bring the whole series to PC or fuck off, MS$.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: McDonald’s recalls Happy Meal fitness trackers after they injure kids. Aug 25, 2016, 15:58 CJ_Parker

Shineyguy wrote on Aug 25, 2016, 14:38:
CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 25, 2016, 10:01:
Going by that logic they should "recall" every single fucking burger because it is an insult to every consumer's intelligence and an injury to the body. Worst food and worst company in the world.
I don't get how retarded you have to be to eat that shit. I mean this ain't the 80s anymore. We now have the internet where you can actually inform yourself about how shitty that stuff is.

I know how shitty it is for me, and I still occasionally visit for a burger or something else.

And that is why you fail...

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: McDonald’s recalls Happy Meal fitness trackers after they injure kids. Aug 25, 2016, 10:01 CJ_Parker

Going by that logic they should "recall" every single fucking burger because it is an insult to every consumer's intelligence and an injury to the body. Worst food and worst company in the world.
I don't get how retarded you have to be to eat that shit. I mean this ain't the 80s anymore. We now have the internet where you can actually inform yourself about how shitty that stuff is.

5. Re: AMD bundles garbage with garbage Aug 25, 2016, 08:50 CJ_Parker

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Aug 24, 2016, 15:11:
CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 24, 2016, 10:50:
Awesome

I'm just picturing being handed a binder of CJ_Parker's post history with every new CPU purchase. Worst bundle ever.

True that. They are not making CPUs like they used to...

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 25, 2016, 07:04 CJ_Parker

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 25, 2016, 02:36:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 25, 2016, 00:13:
Vive probably more attractive to devs cuz hand contollers.

Maybe because it's superior in every way?

(Is it though?)

Nope. Roomscale aside (you can really only do that with the Vive but it comes with a shitload of its own issues), the OR has generally gotten more favorable reviews especially in terms of image quality. Too bad it's just as fucking expensive and associated with Facebook though.
I'm hoping the Vive will catch up or surpass the OR in quality with version 2 or 3 and drop massively in price. Only then would I even consider a purchase.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Patched
14. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Patched Aug 24, 2016, 11:12 CJ_Parker

nin wrote on Aug 24, 2016, 11:01:
CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 24, 2016, 10:58:
Hahaha unskippable intro, microtransactions, a chopped to bits story... it keeps getting better and better. Originally I thought I might get the GOTY for $4.99 on sale but looks like $2.99 is going to have to do. Or maybe for the first time in a long time I'll just pirate this shit. Haven't done that in years so might be fun just for shits and giggles.

HAI GUISE ITS CJJ, ILETTING EVEYRONE KNO MY PRICE HAS DROPPD FROM $(( TO 2((.

CCJ OUT! OFF TO TOYLET!

Hahahaha lookie here... someone is apparently very salty about wasting money on this garbage game Dance Nahnah Dance

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Patched
8. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Patched Aug 24, 2016, 10:58 CJ_Parker

SpectralMeat wrote on Aug 24, 2016, 10:02:
Hope they will add the skippable option to those unskippable videos at the beginning of the game with all the company logos and stuff.

Hahaha unskippable intro, microtransactions, a chopped to bits story... it keeps getting better and better. Originally I thought I might get the GOTY for $4.99 on sale but looks like $2.99 is going to have to do. Or maybe for the first time in a long time I'll just pirate this shit. Haven't done that in years so might be fun just for shits and giggles.

1. Re: AMD bundles garbage with garbage Aug 24, 2016, 10:50 CJ_Parker

Awesome  

News Comments > PlayStation Now Coming to PCs
26. Re: PlayStation Now Coming to PCs Aug 23, 2016, 20:40 CJ_Parker

Darks wrote on Aug 23, 2016, 16:32:
OK, so Im curious about this. How dos it work or will it work? If you own current titles you can play them on the PC?

For PS4 titles you already own, you're obviously better off just playing them on the feckin' console or check the fourth paragraph of the article which refers you to Remote Play... well, unless this shit happens:

• Some games do not support Remote Play.

• It's very nice and forward-looking of Sony, of course, to not provide a list of supported games of any sort. Great thinking.

News Comments > PlayStation Now Coming to PCs
    25. Re: PlayStation Now Coming to PCs Aug 23, 2016, 20:29 CJ_Parker

Simon Says wrote on Aug 23, 2016, 16:47:
    Even if you didn't notice the lag, doesn't mean it isn't there or that it isn't noticeable.

wat???

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Released
    15. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Released Aug 23, 2016, 11:45 CJ_Parker

Well, it's a common theme across just about every single review out there and when even the mainstream reviewers notice that the story sucks then it must be really terribad...  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Released
    7. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Released Aug 23, 2016, 11:12 CJ_Parker

Wallshadows wrote on Aug 23, 2016, 11:09:
    nin wrote on Aug 23, 2016, 11:06:
    Reviews say the gameplay is good, but the ending is bad. But I've also seen folks say it takes 20+ hours to get to the end, so 20 hours of good DX is good for me, even if the ending is subpar.

I haven't read any reviews since I am more or less going in to it blind but is it a rushed story telling kind bad or cliffhanger kind of bad?

According to the reviews it is rushed, i.e. you happen to bump into a boss fight more or less accidentally, long before any loose ends are tied up, and then the credits roll by.

3332 Comments. 167 pages. Viewing page 1.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo