Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
United Kingdom 06/02

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Daniel

Real Name Daniel   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname CJ_Parker
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 23:49
Total Comments 3702 (Veteran)
User ID 24408

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Far Cry 5 in February
4. Re: Far Cry 5 in February May 26, 2017, 10:36 CJ_Parker

Certainly a very interesting, surprisingly non-generic setting and not lookin' ta shabby at first glance.

Too bad it's a Ubishit game and won't be playable for the first year on PC. The guaranteed piss-poor port coupled with the obligatory lame-ass season pass (*puke*) and other ripoffs and microtransaction lameness unfortunately makes this yet another wait-for-the-$10-GOTY affair. Fuck modern gaming publishers.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > IO Interactive Layoffs
6. Re: IO Interactive Layoffs May 23, 2017, 14:40 CJ_Parker

Quinn wrote on May 23, 2017, 11:30:
Let's face it. Episodic HITMAN was a stupid as fuck choice. Many people are like me and don't just play games because LOLZ FUN GAMEPLAY, and actually want a substantial experience; a good, moving story.

The last game was a motherfucking arcade game. "Here's your target and these are the possible ways to take them out. Find out how and be the ultimate assassin :D".

Fuck off.

^ this

They can shove their episodic MMO crap up their collective bungholes. It's good to see that the studio is reaping the devastating rewards of their stupidity. Good riddance.
And best wishes to everyone losing their job. May y'all find a new employer that isn't headed by a bunch of retarded amoeba.

News Comments > Far Cry 5's Montana Setting Revealed
13. Re: Far Cry 5's Montana Setting Revealed May 23, 2017, 10:42 CJ_Parker

aka_STEVE wrote on May 23, 2017, 09:26:
Nowhere does that say " in-game footage" , so I am highly suspect it will look that good ...

Well, it does look pretty credible. For example, the tall, green grass in that scene where the guy gets shot is twitching in the same retarded spasms as the vegetation in The Witcher 3. Look at it. It does not sway gently and smoothly back and forth but it's totally exaggerated and retarded.
That part definitely looks like it is in-engine and using the same shitty physics implementation for the vegetation as The Witcher 3.

News Comments > 2K Financial Results - GTA5 Passes 80M Sales
4. Re: 2K Financial Results - GTA5 Passes 80M Sales May 23, 2017, 10:30 CJ_Parker

Muscular Beaver wrote on May 23, 2017, 09:35:
So why not implement a proper anti cheat system then, from all this money?

cuz you can sell 80 million without a proper anti cheat system and also without treating PC gamers with a minimum of respect so why not?
I'd maximize profits, too, if I were dealing with sheep and lemmings who throw money at my product even if I treat some of my customers as second class plebs and if I can so easily get away with zilch support.

News Comments > Far Cry 5's Montana Setting Revealed
1. Re: Far Cry 5's Montana Setting Revealed May 22, 2017, 20:29 CJ_Parker

Montana don't have no Hope County (I googled it) so fuck this bullshit!  

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
1. Re: Sunday Safety Dance May 21, 2017, 11:36 CJ_Parker

Ah so there is the confirmation that the w0rm was programmed and spread by Spycrosoft (credit to the dude whose name I forgot for this one) to force another upgrade wave.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Free Weekend
11. Re: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Free Weekend May 20, 2017, 16:10 CJ_Parker

Hahahaha the red-eyed troll is prolly laughing his ass off that people fell for his bullshit.

But come on guys... has there EVER been a free CoD weekend where single player or zombies was included? Right. So why should this one be any different?

The only free trials that I know of that let you play the entire SP campaign are some of the games that you can find on Origin under demos and free trial (e.g. BF4 where you can actually easily play through the campaign a couple dozen times in the 168 hours they are giving you).

News Comments > Flight Sim World Early Access
4. Re: Out of the Blue May 19, 2017, 15:39 CJ_Parker

Rigs wrote on May 19, 2017, 15:03:
They must think simmers are so desperate they'll take anything...and to an extent they're right

Yeppers. To a very large extent. X-Plane 11 still suffers from substantial weaknesses but will hopefully improve with time just as FSW here. Simmers (civi simmers at least) have mighty little choice.
It's either X-Plane or ancient FSX-SE or P3D (which isn't even legal to use for most people) or... yes, FSW now. That's it. And they all come with long lists of pros and cons.

The add-on market for FSX is still asking crazy prices (the default price for just about every larger add-on is $50) and there is often harsh DRM on these programs, too, while sales are very rare and only happen around the holiday season - if that (e.g. good luck waiting for a sale on Professional Flight Planner, it just doesn't budge at all).
So, yeah, the simmers are in fact desperate enough to take it up the a from all sides because there is so little choice.

News Comments > Destiny 2 PC Will Trail Consoles; Has No Dedicated Servers
23. Re: Destiny 2 PC Will Trail Consoles; Has No Dedicated Servers May 19, 2017, 15:20 CJ_Parker

Bundy wrote on May 19, 2017, 14:52:
CJ_Parker wrote on May 19, 2017, 10:37:
Definitely no (single player) demo and/or no free (multiplayer) trial = no buy

You must not buy many games. Both these are becoming a rarity. Especially single player demos.

It depends on the game and storefront. As the other dude whom I referred to indirectly pointed out, most storefronts except Blizztard's fucking Shittynet, of course, have a refund policy so you can effectively demo the game (the Prey guys from Arkane even outright suggested using Steam refunds for a 2 hour demo).

Origin has some super-generous demos and trials of many of their games and a super-generous refund policy (demos/trials being a rarity is a myth of elitist Steam clowns who only use Steam exclusively but as I said even there you can get a 2 hour demo via the refund "workaround").

Only greedy fucking Blizztard doesn't have any of that, of course. That is why a free demo or trial is absolutely mandatory for this casual shit game.
Well, either that, or maybe they could catch up with the year of the lord 2017 and update their Shittynet client to include basic customer features like refunds. Just an idea.

News Comments > Destiny 2 PC Will Trail Consoles; Has No Dedicated Servers
4. Re: Destiny 2 PC Will Trail Consoles; Has No Dedicated Servers May 19, 2017, 10:37 CJ_Parker

Definitely no (single player) demo and/or no free (multiplayer) trial = no buy  

News Comments > Destiny 2 Gameplay Trailer
18. Re: Destiny 2 Gameplay Trailer May 19, 2017, 08:24 CJ_Parker

bigspender wrote on May 19, 2017, 06:32:
Those 15-20minute gameplay streams from youtubers look so boring!

And what does that tell us about the game? Yes. That.

Demo or $4.99 sale plz

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of War Trailer
2. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Trailer May 17, 2017, 12:03 CJ_Parker

If the gameplay is as good as the graphics then this is a GOTY candidate.  

News Comments > MS Planning Mixed Reality, Cross-Platform MMOG
5. Re: MS Planning Mixed Reality, Cross-Platform MMOG May 16, 2017, 10:05 CJ_Parker

Bundy wrote on May 16, 2017, 09:59:
SpectralMeat wrote on May 16, 2017, 09:45:
Hard to get excited for anything Microsoft is doing/planning.

Yes, yes. I know. This is blues. M$ is evil, blah blah.

They're worse than evil. They are evil and retarded. That's the most dangerous combo there is.

And they have Phil Spencer, the overlord of lies, deceit, treachery and stupidity.

Microsoft (for PC gamers) is like when the shit hits the fan except it's more like a Brontosaurus pile of shit hitting an aircraft turbine. nowutimsayin?

News Comments > Battlestar Galactica Deadlock Announced
1. Re: Battlestar Galactica Deadlock Announced May 16, 2017, 09:30 CJ_Parker

Gameplay muthafuckas???  

News Comments > MS Planning Mixed Reality, Cross-Platform MMOG
1. Re: MS Planning Mixed Reality, Cross-Platform MMOG May 16, 2017, 09:21 CJ_Parker

Do you love MMOs? Are you excited about Virtual Reality?

Nope and nope, Mickeysoft.

/nextplz

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 May 14, 2017, 16:35 CJ_Parker

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on May 14, 2017, 15:31:
I didn't get any the DLC yet, seems like mostly fluff.

Wrrrrrrrrrroooooonnnnngggg.

Ironically, the Beyond the Walls DLC seems to be the best part of HF2 if you go by the reviews.
The Freedom Fighter bundle ($11.99) including this DLC is only $2 more than the base game. Your loss, brah, unless you refund and buy the right product.

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale on June 22?
7. Re: Steam Summer Sale on June 22? May 14, 2017, 15:15 CJ_Parker

jdreyer wrote on May 14, 2017, 14:17:
CJ_Parker wrote on May 14, 2017, 12:02:
In related BREAKING NEWS and I know what a daredevil I am but I am calling it RIGHT NOW anyway: Steam will have a xmas sale this year starting on December 21 or 22. I'm fully aware it's an insanely batshit crazy guess but there you have it.

Do you...do you work for the CIA???

Among others, yes. I am actually a quintuple agent cuz no risk, no fun!

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 May 14, 2017, 12:21 CJ_Parker

It deserves its second "me too" spot cuz that's exactly what it is. A "me too" game in a sea of BioShock Remastered, Dishonored, Thief, Deus Ex and SystemShock remakes as well as many wannabe "horror" games.

It ain't totally bad but this copy'n'paste job doesn't hold a candle to the originals, especially the first BioShock or Shock 2.
It's kinda fun while it lasts but it lacks anything unique or memorable.

No one will be talking about this game in a year from now. Fun but forgettable. A fast food game. An in-between snack.... *buuuurrrrpppp* *wipemouth* aaaaannnnndddd /nextplz.

News Comments > Alan Wake Sunset Sale Underway
1. Re: Alan Wake Sunset Sale Underway May 14, 2017, 12:03 CJ_Parker

Please don't come back up, Alan Wake sun.  

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale on June 22?
1. Re: Steam Summer Sale on June 22? May 14, 2017, 12:02 CJ_Parker

In related BREAKING NEWS and I know what a daredevil I am but I am calling it RIGHT NOW anyway: Steam will have a xmas sale this year starting on December 21 or 22. I'm fully aware it's an insanely batshit crazy guess but there you have it.  

3702 Comments. 186 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo