Total Posts
1230 (Pro)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

1230 Comments. 62 pages. Viewing page 4.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    62  ] Older

Re: PC Halo 2: Anniversary Next Week
May 5, 2020, 21:50
Re: PC Halo 2: Anniversary Next Week May 5, 2020, 21:50
May 5, 2020, 21:50

Definitely the most akward of the Bungie Halos. Too ambitious for it's own good, too disconected and inconsistent to be considered great, but the story fucking slaps until the truncated finale, the MP was amazing and when the single player moments click they are phenomenal moments, kicking and screaming out of the underpowered hardware it was developed for. I can't wait to give it a go these new ports have been really good on PC.

Re: DCS World Fly Everything for Free Month
Apr 20, 2020, 09:40
Re: DCS World Fly Everything for Free Month Apr 20, 2020, 09:40
Apr 20, 2020, 09:40

Cutter wrote on Apr 19, 2020, 15:43:
$100 plus bucks on some of those planes? Yeesh!

It's worth it. Just buy your favorite I gaurantee there is enough to learn to keep you occupied for years via user missions and the inherent complexity of any single given aircraft. Yes I'd prefer to get an awesome campaign like in Falcon 4 or Janes Apache but that is about as likely to happen as a good succesor to Total Annihilation/Supcom. I gotta let it go frozen style.

This game is very different. Every module I've tried has been worth it. The fidelity of a full, VR or TrackIR ready, clickable cockpit is stunning. The carrier landings in the F14/18 alone are worth thousands of dollars to me. No other computer experience has come close to that kind of heart stopping tension. Huey and Spitfire are also phenomenal. I assume all the other shit I havn't tried is as well, but seriosuly who has the money/time for all of it. It's not necessary. One plane/chopper would be enough. If you are lucky it's one of the two free ones! Just flying these things is rewarding. I havn't even learned the weapon systems on most of them. I don't even care to really. It's so good just flying about and landing/takeoff but way more fun than a civilian sim because unlike those planes, these ones are not optimised for that. These are high powered deathtraps and you FEEL it when you fly them. It's crazy how good it feels.

It's not for everyone, I wouldn't have the patience to learn on my own probably (I can Kerbal level normally, but not much more than that) but if you watch enough youtube or find a friend to learn with it's a real good ride. The learning experience IS the game in this situation.

Also I'm an idiot. I would never get anywhere near the navy in my or your country, but with a little effort I can fly a fake computer F-14 and catch a shitty 1 or 4 wire on a modern supercarrier and thats about as close to an actual battlemech/Valkyrie fighter game our reality can provide. It's amazing.

I started with an old Sidewinder joystick. I still don't have pedals. I inherited an old thurstmaster X52 Pro. Better gear is always better, you will dream of handmade pedals from some croatian artist genius that cost 1200 dollars a piece but you don't need any of it. Every step helps though. I spent my first few years without a trackIR but after a basic stick that would be my first suggestion if you don't have VR already.

Sims are for everybody who can suck it up and well, suck, for the first 10 hours or so. The rewards are amazing though. You convince yourself that you are proficient at something and it feels good after a while! Even though that something isn't relevent to any real life skills. Especially after what this COVID thing has done to aviation but who cares. This is PC gaming. It's all about wasting time and money and sims are the living embodiment of that philosophy.

Or just watch some trap session videos on youtube from real F-18 pilots with go-pros on their helmets, or DCS pilots for that matter! it's 1/4 the fun for none of the cost. But if you need a new hobby I couldn't recomend DCS more.

Re: Free and Free-to-Play Games Roundup
Apr 18, 2020, 01:16
Re: Free and Free-to-Play Games Roundup Apr 18, 2020, 01:16
Apr 18, 2020, 01:16

Heuy is so much fun. Would have had no chance leaning it but my Dad worked it out by flying every day for a month and gave me the crib notes on how to trim it and keep it vaguely in control and not tearing up the transmission/engine whatever, otherwise it's like the old Bell in Flightsim, good for takeoff and flying fast but the second you want to slow, hover or land trouble! Can't wait for supercarrier the navy planes are already the most fun in DCS. F14 is the closest I'll get to a macross plane and I will never learn any of the fancy systems but that dosn't matter as getting them traps (Occasionally succesfully) is the most fun ever.

Re: Gears 5 Free Play Days Begin
Apr 7, 2020, 10:09
Re: Gears 5 Free Play Days Begin Apr 7, 2020, 10:09
Apr 7, 2020, 10:09

MattyC wrote on Apr 7, 2020, 04:55:
jacobvandy wrote on Apr 7, 2020, 01:32:
Bill Borre wrote on Apr 7, 2020, 01:14:
The steam listing is still unchanged so I wonder if you have to go thru Msoft.

Free Play Days is an Xbox Live/Game Pass thing, so yeah, you have to be a subscriber to get your free trial.

I haven’t looked into this so I can’t answer the original question, but I know this is incorrect. Anyone with Game Pass etc has the full version of Gears 5 (and 4, probably some others too) so they would have no use for a trial.

As far as I know all first party titles (Age of Empires 2, all the halos, sea of thieves, all the gears of war etc) are available on gamepass ultimate for both platforms when there is a port. The third party stuff seems to be on generous rotation.

Re: Steam Top 10
Apr 6, 2020, 17:38
Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 6, 2020, 17:38
Apr 6, 2020, 17:38

Not sure if Tabbletop sim is getting a huge boost from nerds like me who bought it to substitute for canceled game nights or flow on from being a VR program riding Alyx's coat-tails or it's generous sale price, probably a combination of all 3 and still cool eithere way! Hopefully this economy shutdown goes on long enough to finish this gloomhaven campaign.

Re: Epic Games Store Spring Sale
Apr 3, 2020, 08:50
Re: Epic Games Store Spring Sale Apr 3, 2020, 08:50
Apr 3, 2020, 08:50

God damn it was all ready to buy Hades for $10 USD. Game looks awesome but times are a bit tight with the whole collapsed economy thing at the moment.

Re: Sea of Thieves Stealing onto Steam
Apr 2, 2020, 12:12
Re: Sea of Thieves Stealing onto Steam Apr 2, 2020, 12:12
Apr 2, 2020, 12:12

Yeah! Such a weird but amazing game. Good family game with the crossplay with Xbox, other than the getting murdered by MKB pros but that just encourages you to outsail them. Not even sure whats going on any more, I think I prefered the silent desolation punctuated by nautical murderfests of the launch game but it's still something I don't get anywhere else, I'm glad they stuck to their guns and didn't make it yet another progressionfest. Though there is room for a game like that all the competitors seem to be floundering. Reminds me of Elite a little in that way. It's the one game my daughter actually seems to want to play with me these days.

Re: Minecraft Dungeons Delayed
Apr 2, 2020, 01:04
Re: Minecraft Dungeons Delayed Apr 2, 2020, 01:04
Apr 2, 2020, 01:04

Can't wait to play this with my 10yo, Diablo split screen is a bit too much for mum. Hope it's good but even if it isn't MC is up there with Factorio in terms of dollar per enjoyable hour.

Re: 50K Call of Duty: Warzone Cheaters Banned
Apr 1, 2020, 02:17
Re: 50K Call of Duty: Warzone Cheaters Banned Apr 1, 2020, 02:17
Apr 1, 2020, 02:17

Warzone is free to play. It's basically zero cost to try and cheat. At least on steam you could mess up your access to your library in theory.

It's messed up. it's part of why I prefer consoles when I want to relax and play with friends online most nights. You still get the odd cheater or M/KB emulator try hard but you don't get entire teams of nightmares as the cost of entry is higher.

It's worse for my favorite PC shooter at the moment, Hell Let Loose, as there are not that many servers to bounce to when it goes bad and you get a cheaty infection. The mechanics are so brutal that it's hard to brush off the odd john wick asshole juicin' on the cheats.

Re: Steam Freebie Extravaganza
Mar 27, 2020, 11:13
Re: Steam Freebie Extravaganza Mar 27, 2020, 11:13
Mar 27, 2020, 11:13

Battleblock, Castle Crashers and Pit People are amazing and at that price should joing your collection along with Kerbal if it's not in it already. Not sure if I'm in the mood for the shooty-shoots shown in the next Behemoth Game but since the last 3 are ageless classics I could play and enjoy right now I'll definitely give it a go.

Re: Out of the Blue
Mar 25, 2020, 08:02
Re: Out of the Blue Mar 25, 2020, 08:02
Mar 25, 2020, 08:02

jdreyer wrote on Mar 24, 2020, 15:58:
RedEye9 wrote on Mar 24, 2020, 15:47:
5,000 students will be allowed to return to conservative Christian school. Jerry Falwell incorrectly said young people ‘don’t have conditions that put them at risk’
Praise the Lord and pass the stupidity.
Pretty sure I heard in an interview yesterday that 20% of ICU patients were 45 or younger.

Numbers are crazy and there are self reporting biasies and all sorts of stuff going on and lack of testing to deal with... not to mention waiting for the test to clear dosn't mean you didn't catch it in the meantime or later. But when the health system collapsed in Italy they triaged out the old and infirm, people with heart disease etc. Means that even if they are less likely to have a severe case younger people will be over-represented in the health system once it's saturated.

Unless the US goes full US and prioritises treatment based on wallet or skin colour biopsies. Or maybe Trump is right as unlikely as that is and you have some way to ice this outbreak by easter. If so please share it with everyone else yeah?

But anyone who thinks it's no big deal and dosn't minimise their contact with others should wear a hat or badge or some shit so if they turn up to an overstretched ER or ICU the nurse working her 20th 18 hour day in a row can tell them to get fucked and look after someone else instead.

Hey Prez, fuck having a stroke. Good luck to you and your fam in recovery.

Re: etc.
Mar 25, 2020, 07:50
Re: etc. Mar 25, 2020, 07:50
Mar 25, 2020, 07:50

This game always seemed very derivitive of Pandemic tabletop, and now it is that! It's very popular though I'm sure it's more than how it looks.

Re: Outer Wilds Joins Steam in June
Mar 25, 2020, 07:14
Re: Outer Wilds Joins Steam in June Mar 25, 2020, 07:14
Mar 25, 2020, 07:14

Best game I played last year, and that was just on Xbox with gamepass. Really worth your time if you like the idea of an awesome exploration game with a sick sci-fi story and kerbal controls in a fantastical mini solar system and all the wonder of Subnautica without any crafting! So good. Can't mention it without people confusing it with the other slightly more derivitive sci-fi game though.

Re: Valve on Alyx and the Future of Half-Life
Mar 19, 2020, 09:42
Re: Valve on Alyx and the Future of Half-Life Mar 19, 2020, 09:42
Mar 19, 2020, 09:42

Just pay 4A games to make HL3.

Re: DOOM Eternal System Requirements
Mar 8, 2020, 03:25
Re: DOOM Eternal System Requirements Mar 8, 2020, 03:25
Mar 8, 2020, 03:25

Seems much steeper than the original recs... I ran 2016 on something not much better than the minimum here maxed out at 60-90 fps.

So it's either way better looking, or worse optimised, or the test matrix was limited by budgetary/time/space concerns? Which isn't bad. Maybe focusing on more modern stuff makes more people more happy. Might even work fine on the old shit after some patches. But no test lab is going to have 80 different configuratuons of a 2016 PC I guess.

Re: Op Ed
Feb 26, 2020, 07:25
Re: Op Ed Feb 26, 2020, 07:25
Feb 26, 2020, 07:25

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 24, 2020, 18:36:
I found both Savage Planet and Outer Wilds.. Worlds.. whatever... extremely unfun.. so yeah. The problem with these games isn't the fictional corporations, it's the abysmal writing

Also it can't be just me, right? I can't remember what that Outer... whatever game was actually named... that's how.. impactful the story was

You and Everyone should play Outer Wilds. If it's not the best game I've ever played it's in the top 5 for sure. Kerbal meets Monkey Island... or maybe more subnautica but no inventory and amazing writing.

The Outer Worlds also outdid Bethesda for being something I can respect the artistry in, and the characters were pretty awesome, but only managed to finish a percentage of it before getting bored of the shtick like with every game like this since Fallout 4. It's sad that these two games get confused because one is aping an established and popular style with enough success that it's a victim of it and the other is something phenomenally unique.

Re: DICE Awards 2020: Untitled Goose Game GotY
Feb 16, 2020, 02:18
Re: DICE Awards 2020: Untitled Goose Game GotY Feb 16, 2020, 02:18
Feb 16, 2020, 02:18

VaranDragon wrote on Feb 15, 2020, 20:04:
Numinar wrote on Feb 15, 2020, 03:08:
I hate gamer rage culture more than anything but the fact Outer Wilds didn't win shit does not speak well of these awards or humanity in general. That and the Warcraft 3 bullshit actually have me on side with the rage brigade for once.

Outer Worlds was pretty awesome. Though it was very limited in scope compared to previous Obsidian games, at least superficially.

My feelings about Outer Worlds matches yours perfectly. I'm angry about a different game with a slightly different name which is probably in the top 3 games I've ever played.

Re: DICE Awards 2020: Untitled Goose Game GotY
Feb 15, 2020, 03:08
Re: DICE Awards 2020: Untitled Goose Game GotY Feb 15, 2020, 03:08
Feb 15, 2020, 03:08

I hate gamer rage culture more than anything but the fact Outer Wilds didn't win shit does not speak well of these awards or humanity in general. That and the Warcraft 3 bullshit actually have me on side with the rage brigade for once.

Re: PC Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary Testing Nears
Jan 21, 2020, 09:20
Re: PC Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary Testing Nears Jan 21, 2020, 09:20
Jan 21, 2020, 09:20

Orogogus wrote on Jan 20, 2020, 00:44:
HoSpanky wrote on Jan 19, 2020, 14:20:
Hump wrote on Jan 19, 2020, 13:58:
Not sure why they simply don't use the existing PC port since it runs smooth as hell

The PC port is of the original game. This version has had a makeover. I found that it made weapons SUPER hard to spot on the ground, as the new grass covers them up...but you can switch between the updated look and the original with the push of a button, making it easy to spot those guns. Still, a little vertical light plume would have been handy.

The original didn't have the cooperative campaign, either, so that's nice.

The OG on Xbox had split screen co-op for the full campaign. Worked amazingly well if you could handle 480p split screen! But maybe the PC version dropped that feature?

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Delayed
Jan 17, 2020, 00:36
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Delayed Jan 17, 2020, 00:36
Jan 17, 2020, 00:36

I feel nothing. Now the Kerbal 2/Spelunky 2 delays are a kick in the dick but as with all things, if it takes longer to get right and not work your labour force into a mess of bug creating zombies then take longer..
1230 Comments. 62 pages. Viewing page 4.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    62  ] Older