Total Posts
1226 (Pro)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

1226 Comments. 62 pages. Viewing page 8.
Newer [  1    3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18    62  ] Older

Re: Evening Metaverse
Aug 6, 2019, 08:07
Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 6, 2019, 08:07
Aug 6, 2019, 08:07

Red886 wrote on Aug 6, 2019, 07:31:
still remember people being pissed off when i said on another board years ago that the internet as we know it, is pretty much owned by a bunch of lefties, whom can censor the internet with ease.

Maybe because then, as is still the case now, it's not true? I can't go two websites witout reading RW dribble, sometimes in articles almost always in comments. I mean there are enough of you to elect your leaders in most of the planet where we have free elections so I shouldn't be surprised. Unless it's slurs or snuff films nobody seems to do much about it.

But if you are concerned about leftists controlling tech (Which isn't true, most of what you think that is is corporate risk management/PR/HR liability action) I'm not sure what you want us to do about it. Affirmitive action for pricks?

Re: No Man's Sky: BEYOND This Month
Aug 3, 2019, 09:57
Re: No Man's Sky: BEYOND This Month Aug 3, 2019, 09:57
Aug 3, 2019, 09:57

I'm no NMS basher, love what it goes for just can't get into the UI/flight model.

But if you want a subnautica-like space game with ZERO survival shit (other than don't run out of air when EVA) that has exploration, good sci fi shit and bespoke planets to puzzle out OUTER WILDS is fucking phenomenal.

Re: Evening Interviews
Aug 2, 2019, 07:03
Re: Evening Interviews Aug 2, 2019, 07:03
Aug 2, 2019, 07:03

I mean, I have some sympathy. It's a Tom Clancy game what do people expect? But it reads like a "Fuck you critics! We sold heaps and I got a promotion!" super classy.

Re: Gone Gold: Borderlands 3
Aug 1, 2019, 06:38
Re: Gone Gold: Borderlands 3 Aug 1, 2019, 06:38
Aug 1, 2019, 06:38

El Pit wrote on Aug 1, 2019, 03:31:
I will sure get it one day. Since I have decided to play many fantastic new games (Satisfactory) and many older games I haven't touched yet (Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, the last 2 Tomb Raider games, Hitman 1/2 (new releases), FarCry 5, and many many more), I won't buy BL3 for at least a year or two (or three). The only game I preordered despite not preordering anything at all anymore is Barbie: Lesbian Adventures in Unicorn Country. No, wait, my bad, it is this Something Something 2077 game.

Yeah first world probs. Can’t justify spending AAA bucks when I have 5000 hours of practice in DCS to do, and BFV to MP in, and several dozen other games that will steal my souls for 40 hours if I dare to start them (pubg, Kerbal, Factorio) gotta go finish RDR2, Metro and Void Bastards.

Re: Bad North: Jotunn Edition Released
Jul 25, 2019, 03:49
Re: Bad North: Jotunn Edition Released Jul 25, 2019, 03:49
Jul 25, 2019, 03:49

Great game on Switch as is for the price, at least for a few plays. Hopefully this new ed adds more depth.

Though I was more than impressed with the tension, tactics and ambiance of the original to reccomend it I still had that feeling that it could have been a bit "Meatier". Will check this out when Switch update drops, not sure I need it on a PC where I can just launch Forged Alliance Forever.

Re: Tetris Effect in Full Effect
Jul 24, 2019, 05:29
Re: Tetris Effect in Full Effect Jul 24, 2019, 05:29
Jul 24, 2019, 05:29

The sticker shock is real, but this is a legit experience, as indicated by the name. The same minds behind amazing shit like Rez, Lumines and Meteos are behind it, but I understand PC supremicists might not see that as a selling point.

Re: Out of the Blue
Jul 21, 2019, 08:58
Re: Out of the Blue Jul 21, 2019, 08:58
Jul 21, 2019, 08:58

jdreyer wrote on Jul 20, 2019, 19:55:
Creston wrote on Jul 20, 2019, 17:30:
As for Archer season 11, fuck yeah!

"I can only get so erect."

What? Come on, you were pushing rope!

Re: Out of the Blue
Jul 21, 2019, 08:47
Re: Out of the Blue Jul 21, 2019, 08:47
Jul 21, 2019, 08:47

Blue wrote on Jul 20, 2019, 14:44:
JZ Temple wrote on Jul 20, 2019, 14:23:
But either way, we should send astronauts back there and beyond. Hopefully this will happen sooner rather than later.

I don't know, I'd really like to spend those billions on things like climate change, health care, education, etc. But then only my wife listens to me, and even then not always.

The science that comes from the space program benefits all mankind. And the future of humanity can be safeguarded once we stop keeping all our eggs in this one basket. IMO.

As a massive space nut I'm partial to this argument, though the kind of Human that will live in space wont be much like us, none of our 4.5 billion years of adaptation helps up there. The country I live in is already fairly uninhabitable in parts, Antarctica is not great either. But the worse place on, under or submerged in the oceans of earth is easier to colonise than Mars or the Moon. Earth after a dino-killer rock, gamma burst or rogue black hole would still probably be better than those places for the few survivors, and with infrastructure you can have a lot more survivors. You just wouldn't want to put kids through space any time in the next few hundred years unless people start making some crazy progress.

If we funded environmental research and action (Which should probably include getting industry and energy outside the atmosphere if we can't clean it up) and space based calamity reduction efforts at the same rate as Apollo (and this goes for all governments, not just the US) that would do more for long term survival than anything else. The cost of terraforming any of the frozen/firey hell spheres in this solar system or creating some kind of hard to imagine artificial self sustaining habitat that dosn't need volatiles from earth seems almost unimaginable for a people that have not left Earth orbit in 47 years.

But again, I hope I'm wrong and Eric Weinstein isn't full of shit and his or someone elses sci-fi physics shit will take us to the stars before we use it to blow each other up.

Re: Overcooked Free on the Epic Games Store
Jul 5, 2019, 02:30
Re: Overcooked Free on the Epic Games Store Jul 5, 2019, 02:30
Jul 5, 2019, 02:30

Creston wrote on Jul 4, 2019, 20:17:
Do not, I repeat, DO NOT play this with anyone you have an inkling of affection for, because this game WILL cause you to get eyeball-burstingly mad at each other.

Yep! This game rules, but so stressful my cafe employee wife cannot stand to hear it. And like Spelunky I seem to have it on 4 different platforms. Reminds me of Space Team communication wise, always a hit when there are kids over but it gets super crazy hard later on. It’s an angry celebrity chef simulator. Not a fun single player game at all, human incompetence is part of the fun like with Payday 2 or Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime.

Re: Op Ed
Jul 3, 2019, 09:01
Re: Op Ed Jul 3, 2019, 09:01
Jul 3, 2019, 09:01

I don't think this is a real movement but if it was I would actually use the word more. There is a little troll in all of us and for me upsetting people who get upset about the missuse of Roguelike brings me joy. Applying it to every game with even the tiniest tribute to Rogue mechanics is super joyful.

Plus, real world grammar is descriptive, at least in our culture and I suspect all of them really. Even if it's wrong it's right if everyone knows what you are talking about.

Re: Void Bastards Getting Paid DLC and Free Challenges
Jul 1, 2019, 10:20
Re: Void Bastards Getting Paid DLC and Free Challenges Jul 1, 2019, 10:20
Jul 1, 2019, 10:20

StingingVelvet wrote on Jul 1, 2019, 02:46:
"We know you've been hankering for more content" a week after launch. Okay sure.

For the people who are hooked and have finished it multiple times I'm sure this is true!

It's actually really good. Reminds my of XIII in terms of presentation, but way better. Awesome writing, plays like an FPS version of Heat Signature, and smells like Paradroid from my Amiga years, and super space-british. Not sure if the ships you board get super complicated or anything but they are getting more and more interesting as I go on. It's on Gamepass for PC and Xbox, definately worth a go if you ever wondered what a mix of roguelike and Deus-X lite mechanics feels like.

Re: Halo: Reach PC Video and Piracy Warning
Jul 1, 2019, 10:12
Re: Halo: Reach PC Video and Piracy Warning Jul 1, 2019, 10:12
Jul 1, 2019, 10:12

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 1, 2019, 05:01:
Rhett wrote on Jul 1, 2019, 04:33:
The games really aren't that bad. They're solid FPS experiences, they fully support coop, and have typically been very polished.

Obviously Microsoft has milked the hell out of it, but it really can be fun with friends. Did you guys really not play Halo when it came to PC?! That was awesome!

No, we played Half-Life 1 and 2. Doom, Doom 3 and Quake 2, Quake 3, Wolfenstein, System Shock, Deus Ex

I played all those games as well! I think they are in the same conversation as Halo, genre defining classics that are still worth playing today with a bit of extra polish/port effort, though most of them predate OG Halo of course except HL2.

Some of them have worse shooting than Halo, less fun enemy AI and design and none had co-op except Doom, which wasn't great, and maybe the Quakes but I think you had to do it one map at a time. Certainly not good out of the box 4p online co-op like Reach. Also none of those games had awesome vehicle physics, with co-op/PvP support and boarding mechanics, or an in built level and film tool, though mods are better of course. I don't think any of them had ADS for the one guy to whom that is important to, except maybe some select weapons or with a macro in Quake.

I also think you guys missed out. I can't wait to co-op this with my kids. Almost old enough now... minecraft has them trained up at controller FPS controls good and proper!

Agree that H4/5 didn't cut the mustard, though they had their moments. They just were not pushing boundaries and features like Bungie used to, trading functionality and ambition away for some nicer, smoother graphics. H5 even had the return of the Arbiter and the trip to the Elite civil war which seems so awesome on paper, but that game was such a disjointed mess. The only one I havn't finished once let alone the dozens of times of H1-3, HR and ODST. Doom, Doom 2 and Hexen are probably the only games that compete for playthroughs and I struggle to enjoy those these days,

Re: Penn & Teller VR F U, U, U, & U Released
Jun 30, 2019, 11:12
Re: Penn & Teller VR F U, U, U, & U Released Jun 30, 2019, 11:12
Jun 30, 2019, 11:12

Since Randy exposed camgirl magic to the world by leaving a USB full of it in a medieval times, normal magic just does not cut it for me anymore, sorry P+T.

Re: Tim Sweeney on EGS' Impact
Jun 27, 2019, 08:30
Re: Tim Sweeney on EGS' Impact Jun 27, 2019, 08:30
Jun 27, 2019, 08:30

Verno wrote on Jun 27, 2019, 07:59:
Numinar wrote on Jun 27, 2019, 02:01:
Wow, when did monopolies become a good thing?

All I know is a lot of idiots refuse to play phenomenal stuff like The Outer Wilds because they are sooky sooks who can't enjoy their games unless they have a white supremacist forum to shitpost on directly baked into the UI of their launcher.

And I love Steam. It's made plenty of money over the last decade and a half for making our amazing digital future a reality. But whatever other bullshit Tim is spewing, he is right that nobody else has really made a dent in Steam's market share playing fair. Let him throw money around at Devs. They can take it or not take it, whatever they need to keep a roof over their kid's heads. Making games is hard, I want them to have options. Exclusivity sucks but so do monopolies and all sorts of other industry shenanigans. It's like the Bible, it's full of insane nonsense but everyone gets hung up on the gays instead of the important shit like why can't we sell our children into slavery or quarantine menstruating women. Selective outrage at it's finest.

Also EGS is way better than Steam was for like what, the first 3 years? It was a garbage piece of bloatware that we installed because of a certain beloved exclusive. Fuck off with the moral highground.

The bible, nazis, "the gays", and slavery in the same post about...videogame stores. I hope this is drunkposting or something because uh wow

Trust me dude, no one cares that much

Tomorrow night is drunk posting night! Previous comment was 100% wow. Honestly though, I don't know where you live but Nazis, bible thumpers and cancel culture are all huge IRL at the moment down here and have obviously infested my mind.

People seem to care a whole lot about this though, it's not like my usual tirade in a thread with six posts nobody cares about. Maybe I have trouble expressing incredulity and I suppose I should let these dumb boycotts go uncommented, nobody stupid enough to get in on it is going to change their mind or even think slightly differently because some internet asshole (me) says anything. No matter how good I think Outer Wilds is, it's not for everybody. Maybe it will help the discourse of that game if nobody with trash brain plays it. Hopefully Mobius/Annapurna got more $ out of Epic than they lost in sales.

Re: Tim Sweeney on EGS' Impact
Jun 27, 2019, 02:01
Re: Tim Sweeney on EGS' Impact Jun 27, 2019, 02:01
Jun 27, 2019, 02:01

Wow, when did monopolies become a good thing?

All I know is a lot of idiots refuse to play phenomenal stuff like The Outer Wilds because they are sooky sooks who can't enjoy their games unless they have a white supremacist forum to shitpost on directly baked into the UI of their launcher.

And I love Steam. It's made plenty of money over the last decade and a half for making our amazing digital future a reality. But whatever other bullshit Tim is spewing, he is right that nobody else has really made a dent in Steam's market share playing fair. Let him throw money around at Devs. They can take it or not take it, whatever they need to keep a roof over their kid's heads. Making games is hard, I want them to have options. Exclusivity sucks but so do monopolies and all sorts of other industry shenanigans. It's like the Bible, it's full of insane nonsense but everyone gets hung up on the gays instead of the important shit like why can't we sell our children into slavery or quarantine menstruating women. Selective outrage at it's finest.

Also EGS is way better than Steam was for like what, the first 3 years? It was a garbage piece of bloatware that we installed because of a certain beloved exclusive. Fuck off with the moral highground.

Re: They Are Billions to Ease Difficulty
Jun 25, 2019, 04:29
Re: They Are Billions to Ease Difficulty Jun 25, 2019, 04:29
Jun 25, 2019, 04:29

FloorPie wrote on Jun 24, 2019, 14:54:
I cant get motivated to try the campaign from what I've seen and read. Its one thing to have no saves, iron-man on survival mode of the game but to do the same for the campaign is just trying to extend the life of the game. Which makes little sense as the life of the game is going to be in the survival mode and mod support along with the weekly challenges stuff they have for the hardcore players who really are masochists looking for the challenge.

The tech tree limitations where you have to basically restart the whole campaign (no save scumming) if it turns out you made a bad choice is not in any way fun or hard. It is just tedious.

This is from someone who bought the game a year ago, has 20 hours in the surivial mode, no map wins and I still like that part of the game for when I'm in the mood for a rts challenge.

Right now, its worth $20 tops and really only if you want the survival mode and not the campaign.

I get this, and maybe it's not for everyone but having slogged through a 2 hour nightmare last night on the beach mission I would not ever trade the tension and fear for the convenience of save scumming/checkpoints. It would be a different game then. Just lower the difficulty if it seems too scary.

The thing about older RTS's is they had to balance the game to be hard knowing users could roll back saves. It made those games kind of oppressive, or at least my beloved AOE2 and Rise of Nations had this issue for me when I played earlier this year. The lack of save points means the Scenario has to be balanced for fairness and it really does feel that way so far. The fact that I lose one now and then is super reasonable and part of the learning experience. If it feels like a waste of time it must be that the game itself isn't fun for you and wouldn't be with save points either.

I'm not sure about the tech tree, I can see how maybe you could proper F yourself, but 40-80 hour 90's and Firaxis Xcom campaigns say hold my beer. I can handle it. We will see if I've done goofed later in the week...

Re: They Are Billions to Ease Difficulty
Jun 24, 2019, 05:48
Re: They Are Billions to Ease Difficulty Jun 24, 2019, 05:48
Jun 24, 2019, 05:48

jacobvandy wrote on Jun 23, 2019, 22:59:
I'm 10 or 12 missions in to the campaign so far (about the same number of hours), it seems I've barely scratched the surface based on my progress with the tech tree and across the world map, but it's pretty awesome! I love the blend of base-building and tactical missions, and the overall progression is satisfying. It's a great introduction to the game, too, because you start out with only basic units and buildings, then unlock new stuff slowly as you go. I'm sure that's a lot easier to swallow for newcomers compared to survival mode, where everything is thrown at you at once.

I'd recommend ignoring the bitching and moaning on Steam reviews and forums, though. Most complaints are about the forced 'iron man' mode in regards to saving, as well as the difficulty. These are not new things introduced with the campaign, it's been that way throughout early access and they've been very straightforward in that it's not going to change. This is an intentionally old-school kind of RTS, and it's not going to appeal to everyone. But if that's what you like, GET IT, because it's really good.

I, for one, wholeheartedly support these guys for making a game that is actually challenging and doesn't allow you to save-scum to undo every little mistake. Sure, you will fuck up while learning the game and you will fail some missions... But apparently that's not okay for a lot of people. They can't stand "wasting their time," as if playing the game itself is no fun at all if it ends in a loss. And yet they also refuse to lower the difficulty (and reduce their meaningless score) out of some weird sense of pride. So it's a catch-22 of modern gamer idiocy.

Yep. You can drop the difficulty down to easy, no problem. That it's still not an auto-win is fine. The whole idea of the game is that one infected zombie can destroy a colony if you have holes in your defense. Save scumming ruins this so why would they put it in?

Real problems, like the hokey voice acting, are something one gets used to.

I'm starting to think Epic has the right idea not putting in steam reviews or forums. The mob is mostly idiots most of the time.

Whoever is having trouble finding the pickups in the adventure missions, you get used to it. Not all boxes/materials are lootable. And some are hidden away, look for cracks in walls and barely visible gaps in tress and you will 100% both each time. My one complaint other than voice acting is that these missions struggle to be super compelling, though there have been some fun rooms! But each seems better than the last so maybe that will work out. Actual mission design in general for the other scenarios already seems more modern, freeform and fun than anything in the 90's.

It's so good. If it wasn't for discovering Opus Magnum on PC gamepass I'd be mainlining it.

Re: They Are Billions Released
Jun 19, 2019, 04:25
Re: They Are Billions Released Jun 19, 2019, 04:25
Jun 19, 2019, 04:25

jdreyer wrote on Jun 19, 2019, 02:34:
Kxmode wrote on Jun 19, 2019, 01:48:
RedEye9 wrote on Jun 18, 2019, 22:27:
Kxmode wrote on Jun 18, 2019, 21:49:
Also, 12,231 people have rated the game on Steam.
The majority are labelled EARLY ACCESS REVIEW.
Have to wait and see what leaving the EA program does for sales and reviews.

70% so far based on launch reviews.

Sounds like the campaign is just too hard. Hopefully that gets tweaked.

I lost my first mission! Didn't set up a ranger patrol and hundreds died/got zombified! Awesome! Feels about the same as survival so far, but with an easier, smoother onramp (Less options to start with, shorter/smaller maps initially) and like survival, you have control over the difficulty. Just gotta swallow your manly pride and knock that baby down to 50/25% difficulty until you become one of those 800% survival god nerds that complain about it being too easy! God knows it took me a long time to graduate from zombie food minimal difficulty embarrassment in Survival, and even then I wouldn't brag about it. I love RTS but I was never good at it.

Re: FromSoftware/George R.R. Martin Game Details Leak?
Jun 9, 2019, 04:23
Re: FromSoftware/George R.R. Martin Game Details Leak? Jun 9, 2019, 04:23
Jun 9, 2019, 04:23

Flatline wrote on Jun 8, 2019, 16:58:
I think at this point it's blatantly obvious that GRRM is *actively* trying to avoid finishing ASOIF.

Meh. Maybe some things are better left unfinished. Let George get p-p-p-paaaaid doing this crap, I'm sure the money per hour of effort is worth it with minimal risk. It feels like he owes us those last books but I imagine legally that is not the case, though the publisher might want the advance back.

Re: etc.
Jun 8, 2019, 08:34
Re: etc. Jun 8, 2019, 08:34
Jun 8, 2019, 08:34

I'm a pretty big Halo fan, but saying there is no incest is a diversion. I'm pretty sure Chief has a hard on for the digital clone of his adoptive mother (Who kidnapped him). Racy!
1226 Comments. 62 pages. Viewing page 8.
Newer [  1    3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18    62  ] Older