Total Posts
1229 (Pro)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

1229 Comments. 62 pages. Viewing page 62.
Newer [  1    47  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  ] Older

No subject
Apr 17, 2007, 04:36
No subject Apr 17, 2007, 04:36
Apr 17, 2007, 04:36

Does anyone know if you can you use the demo to play someone hosting the demo missions using the retail version? What did I just say? Probably the wrong forum to ask... but hey, I am lazy! I'm guessing not anyway... but I want to test it with my old man in the other hemisphere before I plonk down for this and trackir. (It's hard to order/get stuff here) Last time I visited the olds we played the other 8 people who still played OFP in Australia on some super hardcore server that had 2gig of mods running. Best.Fun.Ever.

This comment was edited on Apr 17, 04:37.

No subject
Apr 12, 2007, 09:25
No subject Apr 12, 2007, 09:25
Apr 12, 2007, 09:25

Fuck it, I don't care if I'm playing my xbox 360 or PC against a PS3 user, although I can't justify the purchase of sonys machine right now, who is to say other people cannot? Why do people consider the owners of consoles to be illiterate thugs? (Ok, Halo 2 online with voicechat kind of proves this to be the case the majority of the time... but PC games online are not much better.)

My PC probably has better controls, but my xbox probably has better framerate. And a comfy couch. And maybe there is a mouse on the way? CnC3 and Quake 3 arena will surely get the demand going.

I am old
Mar 23, 2007, 22:48
I am old Mar 23, 2007, 22:48
Mar 23, 2007, 22:48

This game is almost the awesomest.

But it didn't learn anything from civ 4... such as less is sometimes best. I miss those sliders that controlled everything in MOO, I felt more like an emperor than an entire beaurocracy. MOO2 started the slide and this game is over the top with the micro madness. I'm not flaming, I'm sure people love managing thousands of planetary sectors, space stations and thgat boring research system, and it's all intentional and these devs aced it, just not what I'm waiting for. Cut out the other stuff and give me something to do in battles other than get a cofee.

Someone learn to program and make a moo clone/port on DS, that would rule.

Re: Halo 3 price
Mar 18, 2007, 07:42
Re: Halo 3 price Mar 18, 2007, 07:42
Mar 18, 2007, 07:42

A valid point, but that level is actually my favorite. The interaction between myself and the enemies is more important than looking at a pretty background in a first person shooter.

But thats just me... I know I'm not going to convert you dudes. Tell me... did you buy Doom 3?

Re: Halo 3 price
Mar 17, 2007, 21:44
Re: Halo 3 price Mar 17, 2007, 21:44
Mar 17, 2007, 21:44

I replay the Halos far more often than Half Life 2 or Far Cry... Sometimes limited hardware can force designers to make a decent game, as opposed to good hardware which runs amazing engines that designers duct tape some gameplay to in the last few months of developement. Far Cry runs so dreamy all maxed out on my machine but I can never get the mouse or sound to tweak just right... it stops me from enjoying it. And HL2 is a good ride, but like a movie, does not owe itself to rewatching repeatedly. Halo is fun, especially the first game, every single encounter.

Saying you hate it is OK with me, I hate lots of games as well. Saying it is trash is just... wierd... comming from someone who I am sure has played every decent FPS since wolfenstien.

Maybe you are scared your favorite genre might one day be superior on systems you have sworn a blood oath to trash at every opportunity? Personally I can't wait, PC's need a real XCOM/MOO sequal to show why it's worth 10% of my yearly income...

Re: Full game was cracked
Mar 5, 2007, 06:18
Re: Full game was cracked Mar 5, 2007, 06:18
Mar 5, 2007, 06:18

Ok, the moral righteousness of BT aside (I am not innocent I am afraid... I like to have a REAL testdrive before I buy) this games bugs on release were not that bad. They had an extended beta test and patched thigns pretty quick after relase.

Personally I have had ZERO problems since release. Short load times, no hangs, monster 3 hour games with my dad with no performance porblems (Except on those monster 81x81k maps!), and I have an AMD64 3000 with a 1950 pro... yes the AI bogs it down. But hey, can't have it all. Need a reason to upgrade one day. Wouldn;t want it dumbed down. Runs better than TA did on my P133.

I never thought I'd say this... but THQ is cool. They have come a long way from the N64 crapware publisher they once were.

GPG and Relic though, they have always been cool. (Though Relic sucks on the patching at times)

sorry about my illiteracy, in a rush.

Re: I need...
Jun 3, 2006, 20:20
Re: I need... Jun 3, 2006, 20:20
Jun 3, 2006, 20:20

Creston! I consider myself insulted!

I played morrowind exclusively on xbox, and I was an enchanter, and the sytem worked the 'proper way' and I didn't find it at all complex. Deep, but not complex. There was still a recharging dynamic, but it only hurt badly designed items.

I like to think I was open minded enough to embrace multiple gaming formats when I had the money, and a console is quite a cheap investment when it may have up to a dozen killer titles over a 3 year lifespan. I feel sorry for all you guys that are too stuborn, or maybe too old, to appreciate the visceral ecstasy of Ninja Gaiden or the gorgeous art direction of Halo 2.

Probably shouldn't have said that here, it's like I made an anti slavery speach at a clan rally.

Re: No subject
Feb 11, 2006, 09:40
Re: No subject Feb 11, 2006, 09:40
Feb 11, 2006, 09:40

Thats like saying all the car makers should put their money into motorbike development... it might be more hardcore and cool, but it dosn't make sense.

Hatred
Feb 11, 2006, 01:51
Hatred Feb 11, 2006, 01:51
Feb 11, 2006, 01:51

At the risk of annoying my PC playing brothers, I'd have to say that anyone calling the Halo series sub-par in it's xbox incarnation is a bad consumer, probably spending his money on bad products and encouraging a bad industry trend for the release of crap. (Which the PC port might be... the PC port of the original was definately inferior, just like PC games ported to consoles usualy are and for the same reasons. It's not what they were originally designed for)

Hate it for any number of reasons, but not the control or execution of what it is or the fact it's on a console, thats weak. It's not my fault you are too unco-ordinated or old to adapt.

Halo seemed derivitive to me... for about 20 minutes. The action component of this now ancient game is more thrilling than any so called A-grade PC fps I've played since, and I've played most. Half Life 2 is the only product to excede it and it's sequel in terms of atmosphere, but in terms of art direction nothing comes close to either game (Which, like WOW, rises above the low texture/polygon counts to create something far more beautiful than the glorified unplayable tech demos on store shelves today).

I got on the bungie bandwagon around the time of Myth's release, look it up if you don't know it, and I've learned release after release that the fanatacism around their products is not just a throwback to their mac developer days, these guys do quality. Bigtime. I don't know what their secret is, as they've maintained it through multiple platfroms, a decent turnover of talent and a buyout by M$, which has been smart enough to let them do what needs doing (A lesson some of the other big publishers are only now starting to learn).

PC games can do more, but they have squandered it. RTS interfaces are screwed up, not enough develpers played Total Annihilation or Myth and continue to throw unwieldly crap at us. I love Total War and Rise of Nations but there are basic problems with their interfaces that I find totally frustrating... something that never happens to me in Halo2 (A focus on UI is a bungie hallmark... do other developers ever spend more than a day on this? I know bullfrog/lionhead are innovators here, but not all their risks seem to pay off).

I'd rather play through Halo 2 again 10 more times than Half Life 2 for a third, despite it's mouse control, silky smooth framerates and high resolution graphics. A game needs to make you forget it's game, and this only happens when the controls are so sweet you don't have to think about them. Bring on Bungie's next FPS/RTS/MMORPG or whatever please.

Peace Bruddas

1229 Comments. 62 pages. Viewing page 62.
Newer [  1    47  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  ] Older