Total Posts
1226 (Pro)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

1226 Comments. 62 pages. Viewing page 6.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    62  ] Older

Re: Morning Tech Bits
Oct 17, 2019, 09:29
Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 17, 2019, 09:29
Oct 17, 2019, 09:29

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 16, 2019, 18:47:
phinn wrote on Oct 16, 2019, 16:35:
That TechSpot PS4 controller article is linking a VERY out of date DS4Windows program. The current one is updated regularly here:
https://github.com/Ryochan7/DS4Windows/releases
thanks phinn
Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Oct 16, 2019, 17:34:
Why would anyone want to go through the hassle of using a PS4 controller when the XBOX controller just works.
Probably because it's what they have. It does not look like a hassle but whatev.

It's also got a superior D-pad, if that's important. Old games and modern 2d games are way better on it.

X1 contoller is the king right now though for everything else, and the elite is his god.

Re: Steam Top 10
Oct 14, 2019, 04:27
Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 14, 2019, 04:27
Oct 14, 2019, 04:27

Slashman wrote on Oct 13, 2019, 22:33:
Wow, so do we think there's enough Destiny 2 up there or what?

Certainly not enough time to play it like I want to! Really need to no-life this shit and get in a clan to raid but even before new baby arrives this seems almost impossible. Really enjoyed my 120 hours in vanilla and D1 before that. This is the best it's ever been, just need to compartmentalise and try not to think about that quest screen too much. Knock down a few at a time.

Re: John Wick Hex Released
Oct 8, 2019, 23:34
Re: John Wick Hex Released Oct 8, 2019, 23:34
Oct 8, 2019, 23:34

Burrito of Peace wrote on Oct 8, 2019, 19:03:
Squirmer wrote on Oct 8, 2019, 18:40:
Is it just the Epic exclusive you're still pissed about?

I don't care what platform a game is on so that is not it.

This looks like a mobile game, one in wherein my GPU would be 80% underutilized.

If hardware utilisation is your benchmark for quality then you are in luck. I there is some good free benchmark and stress test software for your... enjoyment.

Re: Valve Burgled
Oct 8, 2019, 23:31
Re: Valve Burgled Oct 8, 2019, 23:31
Oct 8, 2019, 23:31

I've known guys like this, your legal system is broken but it's known for over incarceration not the opposite. Confidential Informant 100%.

Re: destiny 2 bans
Oct 5, 2019, 11:22
Re: destiny 2 bans Oct 5, 2019, 11:22
Oct 5, 2019, 11:22

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 4, 2019, 18:41:
I had migrated my account over when they mentioned it a month or two ago, installed on Steam and played a bit. I don't have Forsaken or Shadowkeep, but what I do have available is still.. a little boring.

All my gear has been jumped up to 750 though, interestingly enough. Even some very low level legendaries I had in my inventory are the new intro minimum level, which is nice.

hit up holloway in the hangar for the free/legacy campaigns. theres a lot of free strikes and raids but you wont get the best gear without SK.

Re: Magic: The Gathering Arena Leaves Early Access
Sep 28, 2019, 09:08
Re: Magic: The Gathering Arena Leaves Early Access Sep 28, 2019, 09:08
Sep 28, 2019, 09:08

No shandakar no play! I love MTG but I wont give money to them outside of the awesome snapshot games they did for a few ears there.

I mean, when there is a price for competitive entry I might as well play world of tanks.

Re: Frogwares Publisher Split Causes Game Delistings
Sep 28, 2019, 07:48
Re: Frogwares Publisher Split Causes Game Delistings Sep 28, 2019, 07:48
Sep 28, 2019, 07:48

fujiJuice wrote on Sep 26, 2019, 21:43:
Sounds like perfect grounds for a lawsuit.

Lawsuits are for rich people. For everyone else they are a moderator.

Re: Into the Black
Sep 28, 2019, 06:51
Re: Into the Black Sep 28, 2019, 06:51
Sep 28, 2019, 06:51

I love it when large multinationals fuck!

Re: Evening Metaverse
Sep 28, 2019, 06:47
Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 28, 2019, 06:47
Sep 28, 2019, 06:47

Good, one of the best shows ever but go out strong Bojack. You got this!

Re: Noita Early Access
Sep 25, 2019, 10:01
Re: Noita Early Access Sep 25, 2019, 10:01
Sep 25, 2019, 10:01

Oh fuck they name drop Baba is You. My money is yours horrible frustrating roguelike game! (I keep buying them but I'm so garbage, even on Spelunky where I do 9 out of ten daily challenge runs).

Re: Boeing
Sep 25, 2019, 03:16
Re: Boeing Sep 25, 2019, 03:16
Sep 25, 2019, 03:16

Creston wrote on Sep 24, 2019, 15:26:
$144,500. Methinks you're a few zeroes short there, Boeing.

I'm guessing this is the "Non-white people" price? So wonderful!

Used to be a great company, quality engineering brought the profit. Now it's just profit however you can get it. How fucking hard is it to make money when you are one of only two companies making large passenger planes? Bloated monster of a corporation, juiced up on defence contracts and other subsidies. Free trade is a lie.

Re: Sunday Previews
Sep 23, 2019, 09:57
Re: Sunday Previews Sep 23, 2019, 09:57
Sep 23, 2019, 09:57

MindStalker3 wrote on Sep 23, 2019, 09:28:
NKD wrote on Sep 22, 2019, 19:14:
It'll be interesting to see how they manage to get this colony stuff and the need for fast-forward space travel to work together.

Hopefully by making them separate sandboxes. No reason your local colony and your remote colony (or interstellar fairing ship) need to be time synced with each-other. FF one shouldn't FF the other. Time should slow to a reasonable speed or stop for whatever system you aren't actively managing.

FF is heavily abstracted for craft you are not controlling already in Kerbal, Colonies shouldn't be a problem. I'm not sur ehow they handle population growth or independant colony expansion but it seems like it wouldn't be too intensive/difficult to expand whilst you are warping about if they don't decide to just halt it (Which would suck a bit but who knows).

Re: Sunday Previews
Sep 23, 2019, 09:54
Re: Sunday Previews Sep 23, 2019, 09:54
Sep 23, 2019, 09:54

I thought I was way past getting excited for this shit. But I can't help it. A better optimised, prettier MP capable Kerbal? Sign me up!

Just hope the cockpits are fully clickable and operable. Some of the lander modules had enough basics to get by, but I want that co-op thrill of the F14B in DCS but in my monstrous crime against physics rockets and landers.

Maybe wanting to inflict nailbiting landings, atmospheric combustion and crater generation maneouvors on my family is a sign there is something wrong with me but I can't help but feel if they nail it, it will be the best game ever, a title I think KSP1 already holds despite being a sometimes janky jankothon.

Re: Into the Black
Sep 20, 2019, 08:04
Re: Into the Black Sep 20, 2019, 08:04
Sep 20, 2019, 08:04

[VG]Reagle wrote on Sep 19, 2019, 00:33:
Vick is a hero. He has donated 10 million to inner city charities and cares for abused women.

Just because the greedy, overpaid, talented or idle rich attempt to launder their deservedly garbage reputations by manipulating public opinion through their obscene wealth and some good can and does come of it, does not make them a fucking prick worthy of scorn and, in the event that hell exists, that.

Re: Best Games of the Century List
Sep 20, 2019, 07:55
Re: Best Games of the Century List Sep 20, 2019, 07:55
Sep 20, 2019, 07:55

I'm an old nerd with opinions raaaaaaaaaaage oh, this isn't so bad. It wouldn't be my list, maybe only 2 or three games on it but it's well reasoned and like all criticism, subjective.

Minecraft (2009) -Respects players ability to work things out. Near limitless ability to modify the world itself.

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild -Dosn't bite for everyone, but it's learned the lessons of Dark Souls and Witcher 3. Exploration is as open ended, brutal and off-rails awesome at the '86 original. A game that makes empty space work for it.

Dark Souls (2011) - Respects players ability to work things out. Pity abou the MP hacks. I can see why it's some people's GOAT but it aint mine. Maybe a better PC port would have made things different.

Half-Life 2 (2004) - I'm not sure if I ever want to play it again, but I've been through half a dozen times. Very good important game, not sure how much it did other than the face and maybe physics shit that I would say pushed the genre forward, though lenghth, quality and set pieces are to be commended.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (2015) - Not my jam but I can see why this is the GOAT for some. Combat is still ass, eastern european both sides cynicism just isn't for me and is everything I hate about modern nerd culture.

Grand Theft Auto V (2013) - It sold a lot! Hard for me to put in top 10 though. RDR2 outdoes it for narrative for sure.

Halo: Combat Evolved (2001) - I love this fucking game. Probably the one I've finished the most, on every difficulty setting it's a different kind of fun. Split screen co-op, enemy AI that is fun to fight. Fucking hype. Makes me want to watch Starship troopers and join the space fascist navy!

Portal 2 (2011) - Phenomenal game. I guess it's better than the first, I recommend both to everyone to be played in order. Probably deserves to be here though I doubt I'll ever go back. It's not as dynamic as some of the murder sims here so it's always going to play sam-ish and the jokes are all done, like my beloved lucasarts adventures.

BioShock (2007) - Get it off! A flawed but brilliant game. Playing the remaster reminded me that it's a shadow of the promise of Thief/Ultime Underworld/System shock. But then what the fuck isn't. Newest Prey is a much better one of these.

Bloodborne (2015) - Meh. Faster Darksouls. I can see why people love it, and I'm a big believer in the gift of consolitist inspired "no-quick-save you fucking have to nail this section!" gameplay but I play to relax most the time. Still big respect. I got lost in some sewer and died after some amazing exploration and nailbiting combat but lost so much progress I never want to experience it again. (Unless it gets Sekiro quality PC remake like DS needs)

Ok here is where you fucked up motherfuckers, top ten must haves this century according to all I can think of right now but I'll probably disagree with in the morning or forgot some 400 hours masterpiece but to be the greatest it needs to compare favorably to everything that came after, or at least that's how movies/books/creative peoples/scientists work:

1. Kerbal Space Program
2. Spelunky
3. Into the Breach
4. Factorio
5. Halo 3
6. Outer Wilds
7. BATTLETECH
8. Morrowind
9. Crusader Kings 2
10. Minecraft

Games that should be in top 10 but didn't quite nail it/too much room for improvement/in because my daughter loves playing them as well/idiots couldn't get matchmaking right in AU (PUBG)

Samurai Gunn, PUBG, all the civs, all the Behemoth games since Castle Crashers, mark of the Ninja, Elite, DCS, Chivalry, Sekiro:Shadows Die Twice, Destiny(s), heaps more probably!

Re: Batman Arkham Collection and LEGO Batman Trilogy Free on the Epic Games Store
Sep 20, 2019, 07:22
Re: Batman Arkham Collection and LEGO Batman Trilogy Free on the Epic Games Store Sep 20, 2019, 07:22
Sep 20, 2019, 07:22

CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 19, 2019, 19:31:
Verno wrote on Sep 19, 2019, 14:26:
Did they ever fix up the Arkham Knight port?

Yes, a long time ago. I played the GOTY back in August/September 2016 and it was all smooth sailing (wingsuiting? ) through an awesome game. I would definitely recommend getting the DLC as well. You absolutely want to play the GOTYs of the Arkham games because the DLC for all of the games is great (i.e. the story DLCs, of course, not the cosmetic/fluff ones).

To me, Knight was the pinnacle of the series. Playing them back to back, I found each Arkham game got a little better than the previous one and Knight is the culmination of awesomeness because it has the best world/city, best story, best atmosphere (the threat feels "real" and the world changes visually for a while), the awesome (mostly optional) batmobile, best characters, great visuals even though it is "only" Unreal 3, tons of attention to detail all over the place, entertaining side activities and the list goes on and on.

I'm not even a Batman/Marvel/spandex/superhero fan (and maybe that even helped because I was able to focus on the games and not how true they were to the lore) but this series easily ranks among my all-time favs.

Good to know. I loved Knight when it came out, got it on PS4 because I hadn't built a new PC at the time and loved it, it ran and looked magnificent and I think the gameplay and performances put the other games to shame, though Asylum and City have their own charms.

I tried it on gamepass on the XBOX1, a much more powerful system, and it didn't look as good or run as well as PS4 and I assume the same issues applied to PC... a phoned in port due to bad contracting deals/devs/whatevs. Back in 2015 or whatever it makes sense that it was lead platform for the wizards at Rocksteady but it still sucks that they irreparably damaged the franchise and the reputation of this fantastic game with the fuckery.

Re: French Court Says Steam Should Allow Game Resales
Sep 20, 2019, 07:17
Re: French Court Says Steam Should Allow Game Resales Sep 20, 2019, 07:17
Sep 20, 2019, 07:17

HoSpanky wrote on Sep 20, 2019, 03:10:
The HUGE difference between a digital item and a physical one is that you can resell a physical item without involving the store that sold it to you. You can’t do that with digital. This court is saying companies like Steam have to not only allow people to resell their digital goods, but that they have to assist people in doing so. It’d be like saying a car dealership had to help you resell your car, which magically doesn’t degrade over time, that you bought from them 10 years prior. Not only that, but the dealership has to build a functional marketplace on their own dime to assist people with the sale.

“But DRM could be removed, gog works!”. It works, but not remotely enough to make back development costs and make a worthwhile profit. Games with multiplayer components have servers to maintain. People buying games out of the goodness of their hearts don’t offset the massive number of people who would download a game for free. Back to the car analogy...no DRM means that magical car could be copied infinitely and sold/given away as much as anyone wanted. Oh, and the original manufacturer would have to provide gas (multiplayer servers) for said car, for anyone who got a free one or bought it from the reseller.

It’s gonna kill our ability to run games from our machines. Others on this thread are right; it’s going to mean the end of running games on our own hardware.

But steam already has the infrastructure for it. The steam cards and tradeable items give a cut to steam and developer don't they? Maybe even vat when necessary?

Used games could be the same. You set a price and valve and the current rights holder gets a cut. Your license to the game dosn't sell unless it's the cheapest when a buyer gets it. Free market!

If they are smart they will fucking EB this shit. I reckon it will make sales moot. Good games will sell and rarely get resold, overrated games will saturate market but get purchases they would never have got unless on sale anyway.

It will probably all go to hell though, I don't want to think about my game service subscriptions as it is if thats what everyone who isn't already doing it decides to do. Probably at $40 a month at least, but still with way better value than any game I'd buy with that money and cheaper than my phone but still, eventually people will have had enough and you better fucking hope your susbcription library is quality to compete. Again, could be amazing could be bad.

I miss my 90's games, but adjusting for inflation we have never gotten shit cheaper. Things can get better!

Re: Binding of Isaac Creator Leaving Publisher Nicalis Over Abuse Allegations
Sep 14, 2019, 04:07
Re: Binding of Isaac Creator Leaving Publisher Nicalis Over Abuse Allegations Sep 14, 2019, 04:07
Sep 14, 2019, 04:07

Beamer wrote on Sep 13, 2019, 13:23:
mxmissile wrote on Sep 13, 2019, 13:03:
Ghosting? Like simply not replying to someone? Gesus, people have gone full on pussy these days.

That, or some "people these days" either can't read or can't think.

The example in the article is a company signing a deal with Nicalis, for Nicalis to do their port. They sign an NDA. They give Nicalis their source code. Nicalis then ghosts them and never responds to any additional communication.

At the very least, this is extremely unprofessional. At worst, they're stealing source code. In the middle, they're risking significant shipping delays by agreeing to do something then not doing it, likely costing several weeks of the team that made the deal wondering what the fuck is going on before they seek new partners.

If you think someone is a "pussy" for having a company they signed a deal with and sent their source code to going entirely silent, well, I really don't think there's anything anyone needs to say to you.

Ypur right, in almost every discorse these days there is a cadre of absoulte fuckwits that want to defend the otherwise indefensible and there is no rational, fact or idea that will make them think twice about their stated position. Fine if you are training to be a lawyer but otherwise I don't even know how you look at yourself in the mirror each day.

Re: Men of War: Assault Squad 2 - Cold War Breaks Out
Sep 14, 2019, 04:04
Re: Men of War: Assault Squad 2 - Cold War Breaks Out Sep 14, 2019, 04:04
Sep 14, 2019, 04:04

Burrito of Peace wrote on Sep 12, 2019, 20:38:
Absolutely brutal reviews on Steam and apparently quite well deserved.

The absolute heartbreak of this series is that for every amazing entry, Like Men of War or Assault Squad, there is an absolute dumpster fire like the Vietnamn, Russian WW2 or aparently this motherfucker.

Wouldn't Call to Arms be a better vehicle for this setting? Oh wait, that thing is also a dumpster fire. So sad.

Never has a series given me so much joy and grief entry to entry.

Re: Gears 5 Released
Sep 10, 2019, 23:46
Re: Gears 5 Released Sep 10, 2019, 23:46
Sep 10, 2019, 23:46

Rhett wrote on Sep 10, 2019, 17:48:
Great game, extremely polished. I've personally had very few issues outside of server issues, which have been pretty much taken care of. Beautiful, runs amazingly well, has an excellent benchmark built in.

Only thing that sucks is there's not many skins or characters atm, not sure why they held so much back.

Best $2 I've spent in years!

Skins is super thin, also no cool unlocks when you finish the campaign which is sad. I wonder if it's due to the fidelity of the character models? Which they have plenty to add if they get around to it. Give us Cole and Dizzy you cowards.

And yes, it is a good bribe for their already good subscription service (Depending on your tastes). Hope they realise we all going to cancel this shit if the spice stops flowing.
1226 Comments. 62 pages. Viewing page 6.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    62  ] Older