Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vince

Real Name Vince   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Numinar
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 06:24
Total Comments 880 (Graduate)
User ID 24402

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth Released
10. Re: The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth Released Nov 1, 2015, 00:22 Numinar

I love this game, though I prefer the more hand drawn graphics of the flash game and it's sick baranowski beats it's good to have the frame rate of this new one.

But I find it intolerable without having the item wiki open. Maybe they could add an in-game wiki? Perhaps preserving the mystery by not describing the loot until after the run it was first found? I don't know. I'm just not smart enough to catalogue and remember the effects and subtleties of all 500 drops or whatever it is after this expansion.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - GALAK-Z
1. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - GALAK-Z Nov 1, 2015, 00:17 Numinar

I love everything about this game but they didn't quite nail the spelunky structure they seemed to be going for. Not sure what it is, lack of variety in enemies or hazards maybe? It's hard to tell. Got my 20 bucks worth out of it, hope someone sees the need for a star blazers/macross space flight sim game some day and take this kind of aesthetic to the next level.  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Refunds
6. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Refunds Oct 31, 2015, 18:17 Numinar

It was a really solid experience on PS4. Still looked good despite the aliasing issues and odd frame drop. The driving didn't bother me that much, ended up finishing it twice, once on the harder difficulty. This game should have made them so much money but by screwing over the port so bad it's probably cost them millions and a few people their jobs.

City still my favourite, Asylum is special for it own reasons but as a trilogy forever marred by this travesty. Maybe Rocksteady will do a Rockstar and stick to consoles Red Dead Redemption style because of this for their next release.

News Comments > PAYDAY 2 Microtransactions Follow-up
23. Re: PAYDAY 2 Microtransactions Follow-up Oct 26, 2015, 22:55 Numinar

Game has always been great value and it has staying power, I'd want to get a bit of residual low cost low risk profits out of it.

Steam sales see the DLC go for peanuts so I grab it then like with Crusader Kings 2 DLC. Both amazing, replayable games with ongoing content drops and support years after release.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Deathwatch - Enhanced Edition Released
5. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Deathwatch - Enhanced Edition Released Oct 17, 2015, 05:31 Numinar

This is actually pretty decent on IOS. One of the best games I've played on that platform, and it looks like you get a lot more content in this port. It nails the aesthetic, but it's more like a port of a board game that never existed than a AAA TBS like you probably want. Scratches my WH40k itch when I need a fix.

Far from shovelware, but remains to be seen if it's made the jump to PC. I don't think anything else ever has (A problem that goes both ways, XCOM is too much game for the phone hardware).

News Comments > Rocket League DLC
5. Re: Rocket League DLC Oct 13, 2015, 23:15 Numinar

I still play this now and then. Will probably skip this DLC but depends how good the shaders are, I'm happy with the wooden muscle car from the last DLC.

I suck at it, but it's the most fun I've had with a sports/faux sports game since speedball on the Amiga. Simple controls with what seems an infinite subtlety to the execution. Lots of close matches with lots of near misses and awesome fluke shots for me while getting thrashed now and then by players with inspired set plays which are at least awesome to watch in replay. Cannot recommend it enough.

It's as much snooker as soccer, and it works. One of the best games I've played in a while. Knows what it needs to do and does just that very well.

News Comments > Street Fighter V Specs
6. Re: Street Fighter V Specs Sep 23, 2015, 07:30 Numinar

Dagnamit wrote on Sep 22, 2015, 19:32:
Preposterous. There's no way on earth a SF game running on Unreal Engine requires 6gb to run. Why do they say these things?

Current consoles are 8gb shared memory yeah? No need to optimise! PCMR can buy more ram with their PCMR money. That 512mb limit last gen made them come up with slick magic like whatever engine just cause 2 ran in but those days are over.

News Comments > Quote of the Day
26. Re: Quote of the Day Sep 14, 2015, 18:54 Numinar

Frijoles wrote on Sep 14, 2015, 10:35:

4A Games (Metro 2033 people) would be a nice fit. Although I'd rather just wait for Valve to do it.

If sunny old Malta hasn't burnt all the glorious grim strangeness out of them then yes, this, a thousand times yes. Metro LL kind of scratched my HL itch as it was so I'm calling that the unofficial HL3 until the real thing shows up anyway.

News Comments > Rocket League DLC Released
3. Re: Rocket League DLC Released Aug 14, 2015, 22:51 Numinar

Pitch varients would be good but there's something to be said for regulation rocket league. It's gotten popular by removing that variable (the previous game did have crazy pitches and nobody even heard of that).

Physics modifiers and multiball! Would be cool as well.

News Comments > Homeworld ReMacStered
3. Re: Homeworld ReMacStered Aug 8, 2015, 19:09 Numinar

Same reason you make any port. If the cost of making it and supporting it is less than the money you think you'll make on it why not.

I've only ever bought one Mac. It was gutless and overpriced but it's still work properly after 4 years and still gets OS and driver updates.

More than can be said for my HP laptop. I need some Estonian driver hacker to keep that thing working properly when it's not overheating.

News Comments > OlliOlli2 Revealed
1. Re: OlliOlli2 Revealed Jul 28, 2015, 22:29 Numinar

This game already exists! It was a PSN+ IGC title early this year/late last year. So it's a port they are announcing not a new title.

It's allright! It's a 2d version of the early Tony Hawk games. Never really got into it. You will want some serious sub-console controller-screen latency as it's fast as fuck.

News Comments > Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords Next Month
1. Re: Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords Next Month Jun 25, 2015, 22:06 Numinar

Mongorians! Oh no, this might bring me back in... curse you Paradox!  

News Comments > XCOM 2 Gameplay Footage
21. Re: XCOM 2 Gameplay Footage Jun 18, 2015, 05:18 Numinar

Slashman wrote on Jun 17, 2015, 10:15:
InBlack wrote on Jun 17, 2015, 02:53:
Erm. Why would you think that those are the 'only' ways you can do this? Have you played any of the 'original' games? You know, the one where the Aliens actually took TURNS and moved around on the map BEFORE you encountered them?

Because I remember the effect that could have. Spending an insane amount of time hunting down that last one or two aliens that stuck themselves between 2 crates and just sat there or moved back and forth in an out of the way place on the map. And with the maps now moving to procedural, that's an even more likely scenario.

I still prefer this. You adapt your technique to perform a clean methodical sweep.

A black screen with ENEMY MOVEMENT writ large and the screams of their victims echoing through your headphones is what it's all about. Maybe next time.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed: Syndicate?
7. Re: Assassin's Creed: Syndicate? May 9, 2015, 04:05 Numinar

Quinn wrote on May 8, 2015, 21:44:
Paris, London... I really couldn't care less. Seriously, anyone here expressing enthusiasm for this bled dry franchise should get a "not representative" burn mark on their forehead, so that we all know not to take them seriously whenever they express their opinion about other games.

For fuck's sake. Assassin's Creed hasn't tried anything remarkably new since AC2, with an exception to the sea faring, which was awesome in black.

How can people be excited? Every fucking AC game is the same price essX buttonto-win dimwit shite. Fuck off. I'm drunk but whstever

I'm not excited, but I will always pay attention to AC. With that amount of money and talent thrown at something every now and then you get a Black Flag. Awesome game.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Season Pass Includes Batgirl Prequel
3. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Season Pass Includes Batgirl Prequel May 3, 2015, 18:30 Numinar

Every industry on the planet does this, selling the base product close to cost and then marking up the consumables, spares and accessories.

You don't have to buy it. Or you wait a year and by the GOTY for next to nothing. It's priced the way it is because people buy it and wont go away until we all stop.

News Comments > Star Control Reboot FAQ
17. Re: Star Control Reboot FAQ Apr 9, 2015, 01:24 Numinar

Neato! There is a need for this. Done right with a nice fat production budget. Star Control 2 will be hard to beat, and it's nice that someone is at least trying.

It might be a naked ploy for some very rational nostalgia (SC2 is definitely in top 5 ever for me, and the fan project actually improves on it in many ways) but if that ploy brings the numbers needed to get this the green light than I am all for it. Yes, never forget SC3 but it's better to have some hope than none.

The quest in SC2 was so good. A roguelike hybrid procedural equivalent of that, with an editor would be insane if thats what this is. Hope its not as dry as FTL or Galcon though.

I remember failing in my first attempt at SC2 due to taking too long mucking around being space trucker and the Ur-quan took over the galaxy and murdered everyone. 10-20 hours of enjoyable gameplay still for naught ala Fallout. Felt good when I finally got that bastard done. I don't think I've used notes or annotated a printed map since then.

They don't make them like that anymore.

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
2. Re: Sunday Interviews Mar 16, 2015, 03:50 Numinar

Why is fence sitting not a good thing?

The developer can commit to a no-sales period if they want to forgo manipulative pricing targeting the rich and impulsive. Being treated like a moron for not waiting 2 or 3 months to buy a game has burned such behaviour into the educated consumer, doubly so since PC games seem to need a few months post release cooking to be considered polished.

Add to that the refusal to be bullied into being a venture capitalist with only a game with unknown quality as a return and fence sitting seems to be the thing to do unless you are a rabid or rich fan.

Not knocking those that contribute, I enjoyed FTL and Divinity as much as the next guy. Enjoyed them just as much as a contributor though and have avoided some less savory kickstarter outcomes by waiting for word of mouth/reviews.

News Comments > Into the Black
8. Re: Into the Black Mar 14, 2015, 07:53 Numinar

RIP TP. Some of my earliest reading memories in early discworld and Gnome trilogy books.

Just started on this Long Earth series he did with Stephen Baxter. Loved everything I ever read of his, sad but it's been coming for a while. I wonder if Baxter has to fulfill the rest of the contract with Terry gone? Or maybe thats the whole point of having a co-author.

And Good Omens WAS really, really good. One of the best. Hope this collab turns out half as sharp.

News Comments > Minecraft: Story Mode - A Telltale Games Series Announced
20. Re: Minecraft: Story Mode - A Telltale Games Series Announced Dec 19, 2014, 10:58 Numinar

This doesn't make any sense, but then neither does the idea of a "Lego Movie" and that was amazing.

News Comments > Sportsfriends on Steam Tomorrow; Move Issues for PC Joust
1. Re: Sportsfriends on Steam Tomorrow; Move Issues for PC Joust Dec 18, 2014, 10:40 Numinar

This sucks. It's a good pack of party games, and Joust is the most fun and physically dangerous.

This is almost as bad as being unable to get the Jackbox collection on my console AU accounts.

880 Comments. 44 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo