Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Fort Collins, CO 03/24

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vince

Real Name Vince   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Numinar
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 06:24
Total Comments 656 (Apprentice)
User ID 24402

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Quoteworthy - MS on Halo 5 Skipping PCs
25. Re: Quoteworthy - MS on Halo 5 Skipping PCs Apr 1, 2016, 09:45 Numinar

Halo? Rubbish? What is this? I know the last two were not big on the innovative side but every entry in the Bungie series is an awesome SP and co-op shooter of the kind that you wish you could get on PC.

Don't get me wrong, love me some Half Life and Metro but for sheer shootery goodness (with built in net co-op) I don't know what else there is. You can keep your floating gun throwback nonsense games.

Also my Sidewinder Precision pro is still going strong 20 years later so that's two things MS is good at.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > R.U.S.E. No Longer for Sale
4. Re: R.U.S.E. No Longer for Sale Mar 31, 2016, 05:17 Numinar

Gave this a go the other day. Some good concepts with the strategic scaling, but feels a bit undercooked compared to the Wargame series. Which makes sense since they made this first.

Act of Aggression feels really rough though. I hope Eugen can pull themselves together, they seemed like they knew what they were doing from Act of War to Red Dragon.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
15. Re: Saturday Metaverse Mar 27, 2016, 08:36 Numinar

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 26, 2016, 17:29:
jacobvandy wrote on Mar 26, 2016, 15:03:
I still only pay $7.99 a month for Netflix, and we use it a lot around here... I would gladly pay $19.99 if that enabled them to license more and better content, without having to play that shuffle game where they alternate which high-profile content they have available at any one time. They're doing pretty well with their original stuff, but that's not why I subscribe.

As for the topic of the article, you can't just look at it in plain numbers. A huge amount of the titles on there are independent and straight-to-DVD crap, which they probably get a couple hundred of for the same price as a popular TV show or blockbuster film from the past 10 years. If nobody's watching them and they get pulled by the dozens, nobody cares, and it's no reason to panic.

Ehem

Leaving Netflix in April - (selection by me)
101 Dalmatians (1996)
2 Fast 2 Furious (2003)
Star Trek: Insurrection (1998)
Starship Troopers (1997)
Lord of War (2005)

the job of a library is not to reduce it's contents, in fact this is EXACTLY the reason I do not use netflix. I want to have movies in my Kodi library unchanging and forever.

What the hell! You guys get Starship Troopers?

Getting boned down in AU. Though it's pretty cheap for what you get so who cares.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
2. Re: Evening Interviews Mar 24, 2016, 06:43 Numinar

No shout out for Shadow of the Horned Rat in that Total Warhammer interview? I loved the original Shogun and always assumed it was partially inspired by it. Maybe it wasn't though.

Hopefully someone mods an awesome Mercenary campaign into the new one! And hopefully the new game is more Shogun 2/Attila than Empire/Rome 2 in terms of bugs and systems design.

News Comments > Evolution Studios Closes
5. Re: Evolution Studios Closes Mar 23, 2016, 17:39 Numinar

Motorstorm 2 is probably my favorite driving game of all time, and still probably one of the most impressive PS3 games. Looking back, one of the only games that really justify that systems existence in my house.

Hopefully the laid off devs form a new startup and do more of that (on PC!).

News Comments > XCOM 2 - Anarchy's Children Released
2. Re: XCOM 2 - Anarchy's Children Released Mar 18, 2016, 06:22 Numinar

The age old developers quandary. What can we put aside for DLC that will seem neither integral to the main game but important enough to buy? It's an unwinnable argument. (Though some MOBAS with aesthetic micro payments only seem to do ok).  

News Comments > Far Cry Primal Released
18. Re: Far Cry Primal Released Mar 2, 2016, 03:56 Numinar

I scored a PS4 copy. Heard it was a bit thin so set it to the highest difficulty setting and now I get eaten by bears and sabertoohed kittens and the forest is really scary now. Really enjoying the atmosphere and gameplay but then again I'm not burnt out on this awesome series somehow. Wish there was a way to keep the UI hidden without crippling my ability to find materials to craft things. I've been toggling the minimap and highlights on and off as needed but they really should have had an inteligent minimalist setting that manages that for you.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
8. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Feb 29, 2016, 08:48 Numinar

He is reflective of the audience for these games or maybe this generation of gamers in general though. In game chat in Dota and general chat in Heroes of the Storm is full of this exact same nonsense.  

News Comments > Dawn of War II Freebies and More
6. Re: Dawn of War II Freebies and More Feb 21, 2016, 18:28 Numinar

Would have much preferred free content for CoH2 or Rome 2. I have all three games and like them (Well, vanilla Rome 2 still sucks but we are well past that now) although I haven't booted up DoW2 in years.

As for the freebies why not. Renegade ops is classic and already had it but I'll give the others a whirl. Gunstar Heroes is amazing but I don't know about this PC port.

News Comments > Master of Orion Early Access Next Week; Voice Cast Detailed
24. Re: Master of Orion Early Access Next Week; Voice Cast Detailed Feb 19, 2016, 04:15 Numinar

Bloody hell now I'm excited. I don't want to be excited. Wait and see is always the better way but the hype flows strongly...

I hope it's more grand space empire with fun battles and lots of character and charm like the first game and not micromanaging the minutia of everything except battles like GalCiv, though I know people like that and could hardly fault them for taking MOO2 and turning all the dials up to 11.

Next I'll see a Star Control trailer that will get me hype, completing this weird synchronicity of two space series with unspeakably bad 3rd entries, long dormancy and resurrection under unusual circumstances.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Feb 17, 2016, 03:13 Numinar

It's also still getting updates and support, and for all it's problems does most of the things it does better than any of it's clones.

Played split screen on PS4 with some of the younger relatives the other day. It's phenomenal how good an experience it still is, even unmodded.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 13, 2016, 18:52 Numinar

Yeah, she has not been having fun. Nobody deserves jizz photos or to be targeted by an Internet hate group.

Of course she deserved it right? Like any woman who opens her trap to display an opinion or personality or wears suggestive clothing? Oh no, wait, she's making it all up I forgot sorry!

News Comments > Frozen Synapse 2 Announced
2. Re: Frozen Synapse 2 Announced Feb 13, 2016, 03:04 Numinar

Yeah I wonder. Frozen Cortex was a little more streamlined but in a good way.

Amazing game. The red expansion went a bit crazy and I felt I couldn't be as experimental with it. Same problem as Hotline Miami 2 had.

News Comments > Need for Speed Most Wanted Free on Origin
6. Re: Need for Speed Most Wanted Free on Origin Feb 2, 2016, 22:26 Numinar

Kxmode wrote on Feb 2, 2016, 21:58:
I'm probably going to get a lack of flake for this but EA providing free games is pretty cool. So far EA has given away Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2, Jade Empire: Special Edition and now NFS Most Wanted. I think that's pretty nice of them. By the way it's a $20 game. Might as well claim it.

P.S. I don't like having so many different distribution platforms (GOG Galaxy, Steam, Origin, UPlay), but as platforms go Origin is fine. I've haven't experienced any issues with it.

I don't mind having them all eithery, Steam shouldn't have a total monopoly. UPlay and Origin seem pretty light these days anyway.

But don't mistake their freebies for altruism. It's a marketing ploy to attract users. Sony did the same thing last generation with their lame duck online service. There are still good games coming out on PSPlus, but since they got market dominance they don't feel the need to give out high value AAA titles anymore.

News Comments > American Truck Simulator Rolls Out
5. Re: American Truck Simulator Rolls Out Feb 2, 2016, 22:03 Numinar

They should partner with Frontier for the eventual in-atmosphere populated planet gameplay expansion for Elite.

It's kind of the same game but without pew pew pew. ETS2 is so awesome and content rich I think I can afford to wait and see on ATS.

News Comments > Game Reviews
7. Re: Game Reviews Feb 2, 2016, 05:05 Numinar

Creston wrote on Feb 1, 2016, 20:27:
I think the first thing I'm going to do with the mod tools (if possible) is make a "Take Your Time" mod. The one thing I'm not excited about is the "You have 3 turns to get somewhere" crap at the start of every mission.

That turns it from a strategy/tactics game into one of pure luck.

If it's anything like "The Long War" mod for the original, and it seems it's lifting/inspired by that mod a whole lot (Yay!), is that the time pressure is usually there to hand out bonuses for getting lucky/being clever. I think it's because we are all our own worst enemy in Xcom, moving one squadie 3 squares with the rest of the team on over-watch every turn since 1994!

Though I don't see anything wrong with the odd timed "Evac" mission for a bit of tension. Sucks to lose a veteran but war is hell.

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Jan 30, 2016, 04:42 Numinar

Piracy is going to happen but I hope it's not being affected by perceived value, game is long and universally praised critically. If you pirate this because you aren't shelling out decent money for a puzzle game, even if it's one of the best made in recent years, but then get a dozen hours out of it or more - that's scumbaggery.

Didn't Blow mortgage his house for this? Maybe I'm thinking of someone else. Game dev is expensive. Even a small team like this is going to cost a small fortune year over year.

News Comments > The Division Beta Filling Up
8. Re: The Division Beta Filling Up Jan 30, 2016, 04:33 Numinar

I'm excited. Looks like a version of Destiny that I can play on my PC. Heavily instanced with small groups like Destiny, but I can deal with that if it plays more like an action game than an MMO. It's wierd pumping hundreds of rounds into named enemies though as they still look like normal human street thugs as opposed to the monstrous aliens of the D.  

News Comments > The Witness Released
14. Re: The Witness Released Jan 28, 2016, 04:34 Numinar

Boy are value propositions a wierd thing. It sounds like this game hits the length and quality milestones a consumer would expect of a full priced game but we won't pay 2/3rds the asking price.

And so the 3rd person action adventures will continue to dominate the market.

News Comments > The Witness Released
2. Re: The Witness Released Jan 26, 2016, 22:30 Numinar

This is actually looking really good. Haven't put that many clams down on a puzzle game since the original Grim Fandango but this might be worth it.  

656 Comments. 33 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo