Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Vince

Real Name Vince   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Numinar
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 11, 2006, 06:24
Total Comments 748 (Apprentice)
User ID 24402

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Forged Battalion Announced
4. Re: Forged Battalion Announced Oct 17, 2017, 05:15 Numinar

loomy wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 22:56:
> develop the blueprints of your emerging faction to create ever-evolving factories and units

this has been my RTS fantasy for some years now. TA where you can design the units. glad someone is attempting it

Sounds like a real-time version of the Alpha Centauri/MOO1/2 system. That was stressful and annoying enough in a TBS!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Another Star Citizen: Squadron 42 Delay?
66. Re: Another Star Citizen: Squadron 42 Delay? Oct 17, 2017, 05:06 Numinar

NKD wrote on Oct 17, 2017, 04:45:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 17, 2017, 01:58:

Can it being trolling if the poster believes it to be true? KXMode is a great guy, but when science contradicts the Bible, he tends to go off the deep end.

Huh. I knew he was religious but I wasn't aware he was also a YEC. That's why I assumed I was misinterpreting his post, or later, being trolled. Could be worse I suppose, he could believe in the myth that is Star Citizen.

But did he post on the Sabbath? Surely a YEC would have to be equally dogmatic about the rest of that nonsense? Probably awesome to have a Beer with though (If he is allowed by the book, Jeebs was more a wine guy yeah?). Us Atheists are so boring and predictable.

News Comments > Another Star Citizen: Squadron 42 Delay?
65. Re: Another Star Citizen: Squadron 42 Delay? Oct 17, 2017, 05:03 Numinar

By the time this thing comes out Elite D will have feature parity.

Hyperbole? Considering they are promising things Elite is not even thinking about maybe. But also frighteningly possible.

It's nice to have the old Origin feeling of games that just DO NOT play well until 3 PC's after the one you first tried to run it on though. Creating worlds bitches!

News Comments > Destiny 2 PC Launch Trailer
2. Re: Destiny 2 PC Launch Trailer Oct 17, 2017, 04:51 Numinar

Really enjoying this on PS4. It's got issues. But it's the best skinner box based action game I know of. Others have more content, but at least in D2 a lot of what is there is good. Most games have what, 6 good guns if they are amazing like HL2? D2 has dozens and I'm still discovering more.

Was going to get on PC as well, but not sure if I should. It runs great already. Would love to see it at 1440/60 which my PC should manage but PvP with mice sounds like less fun. Sometimes it's nice to couch, destiny and chill. Maybe if enough mates jump on I'll do it to.

Leveling was a bit lame. Good missions/setpieces lacking difficulty, kinda like Diablo. But everything after that has been great.

News Comments > Ghosts of the Precursors Correction
2. Re: Ghosts of the Precursors Correction Oct 13, 2017, 03:16 Numinar

Gas Bandit wrote on Oct 13, 2017, 00:12:
If they don't have a business relationship with Stardock, how do they expect to not have the rug pulled out from under them by Stardock, who owns the rights to the Star Control IP?

Sounds like some kind of Gentleman's agreement where TFB get the aliens and story of SC1+2 and Stardock just get the name and basic concept and everyone is happy and respectful. Some cool duders have all the links supporting this in the previous thread.

I for one am happy to be looking forward to the possibility of two good games coming out after a 25 year wait. Hopefully TFB have a big stash of skylanders money to spend on this.

News Comments > Star Control Creators Plan Unofficial Sequel
7. Re: Star Control Creators Plan Unofficial Sequel Oct 12, 2017, 00:39 Numinar

Wow. Now I have 2 of these to look forward to for different reasons! A reboot and a continuation, oh my!

Though SC3 and MOO3 were my first taste of videogame heartbreak, so I wont get quite THAT excited. Ugh.
Making videogames is hard.

SC2 is still beyond amazing though. That nonsensical sexy female race with the dildo ships might not play so well with today's crowd but everything else about it has aged magnificently.

News Comments > RollerCoaster Tycoon Classic Rolls Out
5. Re: RollerCoaster Tycoon Classic Rolls Out Sep 29, 2017, 05:29 Numinar

Slick wrote on Sep 29, 2017, 04:19:
Also, the "classic" IMO was Bullfrog's THEME PARK

Give the old RCT's a go. They definitely count as classic or nothing does. It's a bit drier than a bullfrog sim but the coaster physics and build options and and clunky but deformable terrain make them a superior park sim. Prototyping, testing, rebuilding and tuning an awesome RCT coaster is such a rewarding experience, and fairly authentic as well. Less so in the new ones as the 3D rendering is not as snappy and the tools a little too flexible/powerful for its own good. The 2d interface was super snappy.

Also it was written by one guy, mostly in assembly with an artist and an Amiga vet composer. It's a little pixelated miracle of a game that made millions and deserved them all until the console and mobile attempt.

2. Re: RollerCoaster Tycoon Classic Rolls Out Sep 29, 2017, 02:12 Numinar

Actually scratch that, sounds like a dirty mobile port. Yuck.  

1. Re: RollerCoaster Tycoon Classic Rolls Out Sep 29, 2017, 01:10 Numinar

What? I didn't know I needed this till just now!

The two frontier games are great but never quite reached feature parity with and snappiness of the first two games and their expansions. Absolute classics.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 27, 2017, 04:00 Numinar

Retired wrote on Sep 25, 2017, 18:10:
Anyone playing and enjoying Destiny? Watched some vids - just can't be sold on it....very afraid of the console port.

(is it just Borderlands?)

I'm enjoying it, but I feel it suffers from some of the flatness of release Diablo 3. All the hard edges polished out to make an easy casual loot-o-thon. It plays like Halo on easy-normal, where as at it's best D1 played a bit more like heroic-legendary.

There is not enough challenging content, and not enough cool guns and gear. But it's early days and it's still fun. If they just make a high level version of the strike playlist and bring back a few of my favorite old exotics I'd probably be happy.

A lot of wasted content as well, not that all the adventures are amazing but some are great. They could have stretched out the grind over all the content, slowed everyone down to maybe 20% of current leveling rate and it would have been fun for months. As it is you don't have to engage with the majority of the content to get end-game ready, and the end game is one rotating strike and the raid. Enough to keep casual peeps like me busy till next content drop but ymmv.

News Comments > Heat Signature Released
2. Re: Heat Signature Released Sep 22, 2017, 22:54 Numinar

Instabuy. Gunpoint is amazing and Hotline Miami in Space is an idea whose time has come!  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
5. Re: Evening Interviews Sep 20, 2017, 23:37 Numinar

Bit unfair on BOTW. The Zelda towers unlock portions of the map and a fast travel point, but they don't create icon vomit. Only visited shrines show up as icons, unless you mark your own with the included stamps or markers. You might also get an icon for some quests, but many you just have to work out from the clues and directions given or the tools you unlock later for locating stuff.

I recommend to play even without the minimap, switching to main map when needed. It's not quite Morrowind level 'use your eyes and ears' exploration, but it's a lot more like that than the current open world template Ubisoft feels it needs to take ownage of.

News Comments > Two Steam Concurrent User Records Broken
13. Re: Two Steam Concurrent User Records Broken Sep 19, 2017, 01:28 Numinar

How many sales records/months at top of sales list does PUBG have to pull before you jealous naysayers admit that maybe it's a fantastic, fun game?

I also wonder if there is a correlation between recent sales and Pewdiepies racist "marketing". I bet a lot of people who didn't know this thing existed do now because of that shitstorm.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
4. Re: Evening Safety Dance Sep 9, 2017, 08:51 Numinar

Hahahahahaha... oh dear. I laugh and I laugh.

Those equifax goons don't go to jail I bet, late capitalism at it's finest.

News Comments > South Park: The Fractured But Whole Character Creation
8. Re: South Park: The Fractured But Whole Character Creation Sep 9, 2017, 02:38 Numinar

This seems hilarious and progressive, but I'm not a black guy living in a country where it's ok to get shot because a copper was a little 'scared' of my skin colour or the fact that I was in a car with a few of my similarly shaded mates. I wonder how those guys feel.  

News Comments > PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Passes 1M CCUs
7. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Passes 1M CCUs Sep 9, 2017, 02:35 Numinar

Flo wrote on Sep 9, 2017, 02:20:
DangerDog wrote on Sep 8, 2017, 21:03:
Hey guys, Lawbreakers is going to gain players any day now.
Same goes for Quake Champions
I returned PUBG after 2 hours since it felt too random for me. In Quake Champions I know that I suck when I get fragged

You need more than 2 hours in this game. It's not as random as it seems. Did you play Arma/Operaption Flashpoint? Same techniques apply. You can mitigate risks. Use ridges, hedgerows to keep a low profile. Avoid buildings unless fairly certain they are clear. Watch the circle, don't ever let yourself be forced to move. Be patient.

Don't open fire unless you can complete the kill or want enemy to go to ground while you make a move. I suck at this as well but you buildup a toolset of good practices that will get you to top 10 no worries, and eventually a win.

Also start each round spicy, land where others land and try and get into some early fights (A 2 barreled shotty and 10 rounds is enough to ruin 3-4 peoples game). It's good practice and warm up and will help you feel like you don't need to break cover unnecessary later on. You start losing most but will end up winning most very quickly, which gets you a good headstart. Early game is best time for fights as you have a lot of time before circle becomes an issue. Later on you want assassinations, not gun-battles.

This is just me though, I'm no pro, and rarely win fights when scopes are involved, but this style of play gets me long, rewarding games with a handful of kills so I don't feel like I wasted 30 minutes hiding only to give someone else a win.

Also there is 100 players. Until you've lost 101 games in a row no need to feel too bad.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Expansion Revealed
15. Re: Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Expansion Revealed Sep 9, 2017, 02:23 Numinar

It seems gross but this is big good news for retarded fans like me.

We only got one new proper gameplay area in 3 years. (Most expansion content was much smaller, or additional limited areas added to existing zones) To have one announced a few months after release is a big deal, especially if they can keep up the cadence of release, maybe this time 3 years from now we will have the dozen or so locations throughout the solar system the game always hinted at but never delivered.

Lets see if outsourcing these expansions frees up Bungie for better interim releases as well. Current game is shaking out well with a bit of anger at the margins over minor issues, lets see how the Raid turns out.

News Comments > PUBG: 10 Million Down, 90 Million to Go
12. Re: PUBG: 10 Million Down, 90 Million to Go Sep 8, 2017, 09:55 Numinar

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 8, 2017, 08:56:
The general level of FPS skill in people seems to be way down. Games like this are popular, but that new Quake will have a fraction of the player base, even being F2P, and Lawbreakers is a ghost town.

Moving around at high speed vertically seems to be too much for the public in general. Same fate can be applied to Titanfall 2.

Some of us just got sick of being a disembodied collection of a dozen guns spinning around in a fraction of a second and bunny-hopping about the level at 50km/h. I don't begrudge people who still love that, Quake is one of my favorite games, and new DOOM/Titanfall 2 are amazing, but I really enjoy the variety of other games on offer. It's not the late 90's clone-fest that almost murdered the genre anymore.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 8, 2017, 09:47 Numinar

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Sep 7, 2017, 19:59:
In destiny you frequently see yourself in 3rd person with the abilities and cutscenes, so it's not like you never see yourself in the game.

I don't get the uproar about these.. unless the prices are ridiculous. You get the shaders dropped in-game constantly, and whatever armor or gear you use them on retains the coloring, you just can't apply it to each item you have and everything you get infinitely. Big deal. It's just new colors for your Barbie..

Also, they don't take up any inventory space from what I've seen. The shaders have their own separate page in the menus where they are kept. Don't know if space there is limited though, but from what I've seen they don't occupy the main inventory.

Current system actually seems better than the old game, each area has it's own set to farm, and you can mix and match different Armour and gun pieces. This is much better than deleting one you already had drop 20 times and have no need for. If they are limited use that will just help with player diversity and give you something to aim for, which is the whole loop of the game.

News Comments > Arma 3 Laws of War Released
7. Re: Arma 3 Laws of War Released Sep 8, 2017, 09:41 Numinar

Muscular Beaver wrote on Sep 8, 2017, 05:31:
yuastnav wrote on Sep 8, 2017, 02:46:
They should get onto ARMA4 though

Oh, how I wish they finally would. I cant stand these fantasy weapons and vehicles.
Not to mention in ArmA 4 Dean Hall wouldnt be present to ruin the animations and other things.

I agree with this except animations, and maybe I'm too dumb to notice but A3 seems to move and feel way better than the older games. I love all the Armas, even when they are mostly broken, and I loved the modern warfare mods for Arma 2 (Which is probably why ARMA3 went the way it did), but the current setting is a little too post-human though still very suited to the player count.

If they did WW2, korea, nam or fantasy cold war again I would be stoked. Back to small unit combined arms action! Even happier with a co-op campaign with less nonsense and brute force respawnery.

The campaign from the Opfor expansion, where you were a resistance guy, in co-op without the bugs, would be the best. How good would it be to run a guerilla campaign with a small group of friends/family, hitting enemies in a dynamic campaign and keeping your dudes alive, fed and armed but without the bugs from that glorious disaster? One where you could save or checkpoint it between sessions. I know it's non trivial but we have gotten so close many times in the last 15+ years I can taste it.

748 Comments. 38 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo