Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Vince

Real Name Vince   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Numinar
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On February 11, 2006
Supporter -
Total Comments 1167 (Pro)
User ID 24402

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Gears 5 Free Play Days Begin

4. Re: Gears 5 Free Play Days Begin Apr 7, 2020, 10:09 Numinar

MattyC wrote on Apr 7, 2020, 04:55:
jacobvandy wrote on Apr 7, 2020, 01:32:
Bill Borre wrote on Apr 7, 2020, 01:14:
The steam listing is still unchanged so I wonder if you have to go thru Msoft.

Free Play Days is an Xbox Live/Game Pass thing, so yeah, you have to be a subscriber to get your free trial.

I havenít looked into this so I canít answer the original question, but I know this is incorrect. Anyone with Game Pass etc has the full version of Gears 5 (and 4, probably some others too) so they would have no use for a trial.

As far as I know all first party titles (Age of Empires 2, all the halos, sea of thieves, all the gears of war etc) are available on gamepass ultimate for both platforms when there is a port. The third party stuff seems to be on generous rotation.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10

15. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 6, 2020, 17:38 Numinar

Not sure if Tabbletop sim is getting a huge boost from nerds like me who bought it to substitute for canceled game nights or flow on from being a VR program riding Alyx's coat-tails or it's generous sale price, probably a combination of all 3 and still cool eithere way! Hopefully this economy shutdown goes on long enough to finish this gloomhaven campaign.  

News Comments > Epic Games Store Spring Sale [Updated]

3. Re: Epic Games Store Spring Sale Apr 3, 2020, 08:50 Numinar

God damn it was all ready to buy Hades for $10 USD. Game looks awesome but times are a bit tight with the whole collapsed economy thing at the moment.  

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Stealing onto Steam

1. Re: Sea of Thieves Stealing onto Steam Apr 2, 2020, 12:12 Numinar

Yeah! Such a weird but amazing game. Good family game with the crossplay with Xbox, other than the getting murdered by MKB pros but that just encourages you to outsail them. Not even sure whats going on any more, I think I prefered the silent desolation punctuated by nautical murderfests of the launch game but it's still something I don't get anywhere else, I'm glad they stuck to their guns and didn't make it yet another progressionfest. Though there is room for a game like that all the competitors seem to be floundering. Reminds me of Elite a little in that way. It's the one game my daughter actually seems to want to play with me these days.  

News Comments > Minecraft Dungeons Delayed

4. Re: Minecraft Dungeons Delayed Apr 2, 2020, 01:04 Numinar

Can't wait to play this with my 10yo, Diablo split screen is a bit too much for mum. Hope it's good but even if it isn't MC is up there with Factorio in terms of dollar per enjoyable hour.  

News Comments > 50K Call of Duty: Warzone Cheaters Banned

11. Re: 50K Call of Duty: Warzone Cheaters Banned Apr 1, 2020, 02:17 Numinar

Warzone is free to play. It's basically zero cost to try and cheat. At least on steam you could mess up your access to your library in theory.

It's messed up. it's part of why I prefer consoles when I want to relax and play with friends online most nights. You still get the odd cheater or M/KB emulator try hard but you don't get entire teams of nightmares as the cost of entry is higher.

It's worse for my favorite PC shooter at the moment, Hell Let Loose, as there are not that many servers to bounce to when it goes bad and you get a cheaty infection. The mechanics are so brutal that it's hard to brush off the odd john wick asshole juicin' on the cheats.

News Comments > Steam Freebie Extravaganza

9. Re: Steam Freebie Extravaganza Mar 27, 2020, 11:13 Numinar

Battleblock, Castle Crashers and Pit People are amazing and at that price should joing your collection along with Kerbal if it's not in it already. Not sure if I'm in the mood for the shooty-shoots shown in the next Behemoth Game but since the last 3 are ageless classics I could play and enjoy right now I'll definitely give it a go.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue

36. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 25, 2020, 08:02 Numinar

jdreyer wrote on Mar 24, 2020, 15:58:
RedEye9 wrote on Mar 24, 2020, 15:47:
5,000 students will be allowed to return to conservative Christian school. Jerry Falwell incorrectly said young people Ďdonít have conditions that put them at riskí
Praise the Lord and pass the stupidity.
Pretty sure I heard in an interview yesterday that 20% of ICU patients were 45 or younger.

Numbers are crazy and there are self reporting biasies and all sorts of stuff going on and lack of testing to deal with... not to mention waiting for the test to clear dosn't mean you didn't catch it in the meantime or later. But when the health system collapsed in Italy they triaged out the old and infirm, people with heart disease etc. Means that even if they are less likely to have a severe case younger people will be over-represented in the health system once it's saturated.

Unless the US goes full US and prioritises treatment based on wallet or skin colour biopsies. Or maybe Trump is right as unlikely as that is and you have some way to ice this outbreak by easter. If so please share it with everyone else yeah?

But anyone who thinks it's no big deal and dosn't minimise their contact with others should wear a hat or badge or some shit so if they turn up to an overstretched ER or ICU the nurse working her 20th 18 hour day in a row can tell them to get fucked and look after someone else instead.

Hey Prez, fuck having a stroke. Good luck to you and your fam in recovery.

News Comments > etc.

9. Re: etc. Mar 25, 2020, 07:50 Numinar

This game always seemed very derivitive of Pandemic tabletop, and now it is that! It's very popular though I'm sure it's more than how it looks.  

News Comments > Outer Wilds Joins Steam in June

5. Re: Outer Wilds Joins Steam in June Mar 25, 2020, 07:14 Numinar

Best game I played last year, and that was just on Xbox with gamepass. Really worth your time if you like the idea of an awesome exploration game with a sick sci-fi story and kerbal controls in a fantastical mini solar system and all the wonder of Subnautica without any crafting! So good. Can't mention it without people confusing it with the other slightly more derivitive sci-fi game though.  

News Comments > Valve on Alyx and the Future of Half-Life

17. Re: Valve on Alyx and the Future of Half-Life Mar 19, 2020, 09:42 Numinar

Just pay 4A games to make HL3.  

News Comments > DOOM Eternal System Requirements

37. Re: DOOM Eternal System Requirements Mar 8, 2020, 03:25 Numinar

Seems much steeper than the original recs... I ran 2016 on something not much better than the minimum here maxed out at 60-90 fps.

So it's either way better looking, or worse optimised, or the test matrix was limited by budgetary/time/space concerns? Which isn't bad. Maybe focusing on more modern stuff makes more people more happy. Might even work fine on the old shit after some patches. But no test lab is going to have 80 different configuratuons of a 2016 PC I guess.

News Comments > Op Ed

22. Re: Op Ed Feb 26, 2020, 07:25 Numinar

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 24, 2020, 18:36:
I found both Savage Planet and Outer Wilds.. Worlds.. whatever... extremely unfun.. so yeah. The problem with these games isn't the fictional corporations, it's the abysmal writing

Also it can't be just me, right? I can't remember what that Outer... whatever game was actually named... that's how.. impactful the story was

You and Everyone should play Outer Wilds. If it's not the best game I've ever played it's in the top 5 for sure. Kerbal meets Monkey Island... or maybe more subnautica but no inventory and amazing writing.

The Outer Worlds also outdid Bethesda for being something I can respect the artistry in, and the characters were pretty awesome, but only managed to finish a percentage of it before getting bored of the shtick like with every game like this since Fallout 4. It's sad that these two games get confused because one is aping an established and popular style with enough success that it's a victim of it and the other is something phenomenally unique.

News Comments > DICE Awards 2020: Untitled Goose Game GotY

19. Re: DICE Awards 2020: Untitled Goose Game GotY Feb 16, 2020, 02:18 Numinar

VaranDragon wrote on Feb 15, 2020, 20:04:
Numinar wrote on Feb 15, 2020, 03:08:
I hate gamer rage culture more than anything but the fact Outer Wilds didn't win shit does not speak well of these awards or humanity in general. That and the Warcraft 3 bullshit actually have me on side with the rage brigade for once.

Outer Worlds was pretty awesome. Though it was very limited in scope compared to previous Obsidian games, at least superficially.

My feelings about Outer Worlds matches yours perfectly. I'm angry about a different game with a slightly different name which is probably in the top 3 games I've ever played.

News Comments > DICE Awards 2020: Untitled Goose Game GotY

10. Re: DICE Awards 2020: Untitled Goose Game GotY Feb 15, 2020, 03:08 Numinar

I hate gamer rage culture more than anything but the fact Outer Wilds didn't win shit does not speak well of these awards or humanity in general. That and the Warcraft 3 bullshit actually have me on side with the rage brigade for once.  

News Comments > PC Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary Testing Nears

4. Re: PC Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary Testing Nears Jan 21, 2020, 09:20 Numinar

Orogogus wrote on Jan 20, 2020, 00:44:
HoSpanky wrote on Jan 19, 2020, 14:20:
Hump wrote on Jan 19, 2020, 13:58:
Not sure why they simply don't use the existing PC port since it runs smooth as hell

The PC port is of the original game. This version has had a makeover. I found that it made weapons SUPER hard to spot on the ground, as the new grass covers them up...but you can switch between the updated look and the original with the push of a button, making it easy to spot those guns. Still, a little vertical light plume would have been handy.

The original didn't have the cooperative campaign, either, so that's nice.

The OG on Xbox had split screen co-op for the full campaign. Worked amazingly well if you could handle 480p split screen! But maybe the PC version dropped that feature?

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Delayed

18. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Delayed Jan 17, 2020, 00:36 Numinar

I feel nothing. Now the Kerbal 2/Spelunky 2 delays are a kick in the dick but as with all things, if it takes longer to get right and not work your labour force into a mess of bug creating zombies then take longer..  

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Passes 10M Players

6. Re: Sea of Thieves Passes 10M Players Jan 8, 2020, 21:24 Numinar

I think this game is fucking amazing and there is nothing else like it. If anything they are adding too much stuff!

But itís very much doing itís own thing and intentionally ignoring traditional ideas about progression and narrative, to its benifit I believe, there are enough Age of Sail adventure, management and combat games out there but but nothing like this. If you want to sail co-operatively itís phenomenal, kid loves it and I find the sailing and combat problems very interesting. Not many AoS games you can share with others where those sails on the horizon are a truly pants shitting event.

News Comments > Epic Games Store Holiday Sale - Get Into The Breach for Free

18. Re: Epic Games Store Holiday Sale - Get Into The Breach for Free Dec 20, 2019, 09:55 Numinar

ITB might be my favorite game of all time, though it took me a few weeks of jury duty and associated 3 hour commute per day with it on my switch to realise it.

It's so, so perfect.

News Comments > MS Declares Halo: Reach PC Launch a Blockbuster

16. Re: MS Declares Halo: Reach PC Launch a Blockbuster Dec 13, 2019, 00:51 Numinar

Still holds up. Runs much nicer than XBOX but those textures were made for 720p, not 1400p and it shows!

I like the gunplay. Like hell let loose, you need to confirm with yourself if you droped a bad guy, not have a ping sound tell you UNLESS IT's GRUNT BIRTHDAY PARTY.

It's way easier. Gun range is not more effective than it was, but visually you can see better further out with the higher resolution. Mouse is a big advantage, Legendary mode is still lethal but M/KB definitiely helps even the odds.

Absolute classic game. It might show it's age but being fairly ambitous for the time means it's still gotta a chance to wow you. The assault on the fighter lauch facility, trip to orbit for a bit of spaceship pew pew times, boarding the convenant ship and how that all ends... still awesome. Rest of the game dosn't hit those highs except maybe the very end but solid encounter design and fun AI to fight against and with makes it good times all the way.

1167 Comments. 59 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >