Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Blahman

Real Name Blahman   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Blahman
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 9, 2006, 23:08
Total Comments 149 (Novice)
User ID 24394

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Jun 23, 2017, 05:42 Blahman

Mirage: Arcane Warfare is a good value at $15, but desperately needs more players. It's a great game -- I've already put over 60 hours into it despite there only being a couple dozen players online at peak time lately.

Better combat with greater freedom of movement and a better level of production quality than Chivalry, very high skill cap and lots of unlockable cosmetics that are actually pretty cool. Some people are turned off by the aesthetic but I like it -- has a nice Prince of Persia vibe.

I don't understand why so few people bought it, but a seemingly sizable part of the Chiv fanbase rejecting it out of spite and leaving nasty reviews probably didn't help.

I hope the Steam summer sale gives its population a kickstart and look forward to their coming updates. Sounds like July is going to have a big content patch with new weapons, abilities and levels.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 12, 2017, 05:14 Blahman

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 02:54:
Retired wrote on Jun 11, 2017, 14:51:
xXStellarDadXx wrote on Jun 11, 2017, 14:15:
Who dat at no.1 blues peeps? It is the real deal...Get used to it ...

Game has improved with last 2 updates. Fun to play again.
Nope. Still unbelievably lagging servers.

They're working on it. This month's monthly patch is supposed to address it. They're probably having to rewrite a bunch of netcode and server code.

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
2. Re: New GeForce Drivers Jun 9, 2017, 22:00 Blahman

This notably also adds an SLI profile for PUBG. Too late for me as I already ditched my SLI 970s for a 1080 Ti, but hopefully will help others.  

News Comments > Mirage: Arcane Warfare Free Weekend
5. Re: Mirage: Arcane Warfare Free Weekend Jun 9, 2017, 06:11 Blahman

I played it for about 4 hours, was actually a lot of fun and very impressive from the art and sound departments.

I heard that Valve is going to be trying to make up for the issues with the servers not working on launch with giving the game free advertising for a year.

Hope people will give the game a chance, it's quite good actually.

1. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 4, 2017, 17:00 Blahman

PUBG on top again, it can't be stopped!

Having a lot of fun with Rising Storm 2: Vietnam though. It's like a more condensed and refined Red Orchestra. The built-in voice comms work well and having a good commander makes a big difference.

News Comments > Rising Storm 2: Vietnam Released
5. Re: Rising Storm 2: Vietnam Released May 31, 2017, 18:22 Blahman

Muscular Beaver wrote on May 31, 2017, 08:21:
I played the beta a bit.
So this is what Red Orchestra is like? Basically ArmA on a tiny map?
Didnt like it that much. Felt too much like a CoD or BF, just because of these tiny maps.

Red Orchestra had a lot bigger maps, and a slower pace, especially on the ones with combined arms and tank-only battles, although some like RO-Danzig were quite small, infantry-only maps.

This game has basically taken the RO gameplay and compressed it into a smaller, more arcadey package, which some will like and some won't. I personally like it a lot, and from what I have seen it is very well-done, although I haven't played enough to see all the maps yet.

News Comments > PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Patched
4. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Patched May 26, 2017, 17:37 Blahman

Haha, I submitted the previous article about the Steam post with the patch notes, not "Batman".

I know what you meant though

News Comments > PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Patch Delayed
9. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Patch Delayed May 25, 2017, 18:58 Blahman

Bludd wrote on May 25, 2017, 16:43:
Hm the lag seems to be door related

Everything server side including doors is affected by the server performance, which is their top priority issue for June's monthly update.

News Comments > PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Patch Plans
4. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Patch Plans May 25, 2017, 05:18 Blahman

Looks like they are delaying the patch to the stable servers until next week since a lot of people are reporting crashes on the test server, which they are going to leave up until then.  

News Comments > PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Patch Plans
3. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Patch Plans May 24, 2017, 19:22 Blahman

Just won a game on the test server with the new sniper rifle (VSS Vintorez). I killed some guy in a ghillie suit who had it. I took his stuff and then went on to impersonate a bush for most of the rest of the match, popping people's heads with it left and right, and barely beat the last guy with 10% health left. So intense lol. Love this game.

Performance is also a lot better, about 50 FPS in a full lobby/plane, and a pretty steady 80+ FPS thereafter.

System specs:

MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.9GHz
ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero X370 mobo
Corsair Vengeance LED 16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16
Samsung EVO 960 256GB M.2 SSD

Settings are all Ultra except Very Low post-processing and Medium shadows, running at 1440p (will try 4K here in a bit, though even the 1080 Ti struggles there).

News Comments > Mirage: Arcane Warfare Released
1. Re: Mirage: Arcane Warfare Released May 24, 2017, 00:54 Blahman

Never heard of this game before now but loved Chivalry and Age of Chivalry. This looks like an interesting mix of those and Dark Messiah of Might and Magic's multiplayer.  

4. Re: New GeForce Drivers May 23, 2017, 20:59 Blahman

Mordecai Walfish wrote on May 23, 2017, 19:26:
It's not like Nvidia drivers aren't already optimized for unreal engine 4. The game itself is what needs work, not the drivers.

Still using v375.57 from last year and I don't have any issues with newer or older games.

Getting the newest drivers the second they're available is really only necessary if there is an issue with a specific game/engine that's been addressed, or if you have a brand spankin' new GPU like the 1080ti. When new cards like that come out it's normal for more issues to be present because less people have had time with it to test and break stuff.. so staying up to date with drivers for 6 months or so isn't a bad idea in that case while support matures.

Yes I have a 1080 Ti, and yes that's always the first thing game developers suggest is to be using the latest drivers as that's usually what they are using themselves.

PC Gamer did a benchmark of all the latest GPUs in PUBG and found that the 1080 outperformed the 1080 Ti at 1080p, likely due to lack of driver optimization.

That and the overall poor performance of the 1080 Ti in this game are why I want approved drivers for it.

I don't care that you haven't updated your drivers in a year, if you're good with that, great, but for those of us on the cutting edge yes we are looking at every driver release and hoping for anything that will help when our brand spanking new hardware isn't running as well as it should.

1. Re: New GeForce Drivers May 22, 2017, 22:24 Blahman

I'm guessing we're going to have to wait until PUBG exits Early Access to get NVIDIA drivers for it.  

News Comments > Fall of Light Announced
1. Re: Fall of Light Announced May 18, 2017, 22:24 Blahman

This looks interesting. Will have to check it out.  

21. Re: Steam Top 10 May 15, 2017, 18:13 Blahman

Retired wrote on May 15, 2017, 09:43:
as well as being able to view everyone's stats....

https://pubg.me/

News Comments > Paradox Publishing BATTLETECH; Backer Beta Next Month
6. Re: Paradox Publishing BATTLETECH; Backer Beta Next Month May 12, 2017, 18:48 Blahman

Looking great! I'm happy to have backed this way back when, along with Shadowrun Returns, which was fantastic.  

News Comments > EA Financials Reveal 19 Million BF1 Players
15. Re: EA Financials Reveal 19 Million BF1 Players May 10, 2017, 16:42 Blahman

Flak wrote on May 10, 2017, 05:35:
Slick wrote on May 10, 2017, 03:57:
Still the best engine, the best FPS hit detection, the best a lot of things. The main game modes are getting dull as fuck for me after playing the same shit for 15 years, but going to Battlegrounds is just painful trying to aim, shoot, or have your hits reg. Say what you will about BF1, the underlying technology is the high bar for FPS games.

This may be the most frustrating part of all. After DICE LA massively cleaned up the mess than was the launch of BF4, the game evolved into a very tight shooter for it's scale, to this day it's still the most fluid and fun large-scale multiplayer FPS by a large margin. BF1 is a technical marvel on many levels, visuals, audio design, netcode performance among other things. If only they put the same amount of thought into the game and level design. With some fresh ideas, the franchise could really be given a breath of fresh air given the technology they have.

I think EA will likely make a Battle Royale game after seeing PUBG's success. I say bring it on, a little competition can't hurt.

1. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 30, 2017, 17:53 Blahman

Go PUBG go! What's that 6 weeks in a row now it's been on top? Awesome.  

9. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 23, 2017, 21:35 Blahman

Dentorro wrote on Apr 23, 2017, 20:58:
Blahman wrote on Apr 23, 2017, 15:02:
Congrats to PLAYERUNKNOWN and Bluehole for PUBG beating out KotK on the top 10 peak concurrent players: https://twitter.com/BattleRoyaleMod/status/856164010198056960

That list can't be right, or I'm missing something somewhere.

Yeah probably the latter. That's Steam Charts, they've been around a long time and seem pretty accurate: http://steamcharts.com/

2. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 23, 2017, 15:02 Blahman

Congrats to PLAYERUNKNOWN and Bluehole for PUBG beating out KotK on the top 10 peak concurrent players: https://twitter.com/BattleRoyaleMod/status/856164010198056960  

149 Comments. 8 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo