Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Blahman

Real Name Blahman   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Blahman
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 9, 2006, 23:08
Total Comments 168 (Novice)
User ID 24394

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

News Comments > LawBreakers Free Weekend
6. Re: LawBreakers Free Weekend Nov 9, 2017, 02:55 Blahman

Looking forward to the free weekend. The game itself is great and definitely worth trying for free. If you like it $15 is a no-brainer.

Just keep in mind that it's a highly skill-based game where aiming ability, movement, positioning and map knowledge all make a big difference, and you only learn those with practice.

If anyone's interested in joining the community and having some fun (yes there is an active if small community playing this game, and the devs are often in chat or in-game as well), hop on the official Discord here: https://discordapp.com/invite/0zkX7vahALB3hshU

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
1. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 5, 2017, 13:03 Blahman

I wonder if CoD WWII would have beat out PUBG if the different editions were combined. Probably not.  

News Comments > LawBreakers All-Star Update
12. Re: LawBreakers All-Star Update Oct 19, 2017, 12:36 Blahman

Beamer wrote on Oct 19, 2017, 12:32:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 19, 2017, 11:18:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Oct 19, 2017, 11:11:
I'm confused... are they just trying to light all their money on fire?
throwing good money after bad

People complain when a dev gives up on a game too quickly. Hell, people complain when EA shuts down the server of something released 10 years ago.

Even though this clearly isn't the best use of money for Boss Mode Games, I'm not going to knock or mock a dev giving more content to its paying customers, even if there are only 10 of them.

There are thousands of active players, just not all necessarily on at the same time. On top of that there are thousands more that own the game but are waiting for the update to play again.

And then there are several thousand new owners as of the past few days that bought the game in advance of the update that will probably be playing this weekend.

So yes it's worth it to them to keep patching the game, draw in new players, bring back old ones, and continue to grow the game for as long as they can. BKP (Boss Key Productions) is a new studio with a new IP, no reason to give up so soon.

News Comments > LawBreakers All-Star Update
1. Re: LawBreakers All-Star Update Oct 19, 2017, 10:06 Blahman

They also released a new trailer for this update featuring the Blitzball character (voiced by Justin Roiland): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o13N08SRvho

Really looking forward to Boss Leagues and the new Blitzball arena map. Was hoping for more balance changes but I guess they are taking a more incremental approach now.

News Comments > LawBreakers Free Weekend
12. Re: LawBreakers Free Weekend Sep 26, 2017, 14:11 Blahman

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 26, 2017, 14:00:
Wasn't this game 'ruined' by the latest patch? Aka taking all the speed and skill out of the game, or something? Speaking third hand, I didn't buy this game, but was considering it until I read all the recent negative reviews about patch 1.4+

I have nearly 200 hours in this game. The 1.4 patch increased the health pools across the board, and adjusted the mobility of certain classes (Vanguard and Enforcer mobility buffed, Assassin and Wraith mobility nerfed). It also added health regeneration after a few seconds of avoiding damage.

The result is a much more forgiving experience for new players, who would get pretty much melted by the game's many alpha and beta players as well as the better retail players. This combined with the 25% off sale and the free weekend should help boost the player counts and hopefully improve the matchmaking so that newer players get matched up with other newer players rather than putting more experienced players in together with the newbies just to fill out matches.

I expect they'll be dialing back some of the changes to go a little closer back to the previous gameplay as there are certainly some imbalances and the competitive players are somewhat reluctant to play with the current version.

But all in all the change has been positive IMO, and the concurrent users are rising.

If you're interested I wrote a review here with more info: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blahman/recommended/350280

Bottom line is, if you like fast-paced shooters with freedom of movement, try it out this weekend and decide for yourself. Don't let the negative nancies shitting on this game all over the internet turn you off. It's an absolute blast.

News Comments > Ultima Online Turns 20
29. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 26, 2017, 05:49 Blahman

I was the leader of a Wheel of Time themed guild called Defenders of the Light, we were basically an anti-PK guild and would go around raiding known PK guild towns and along with a few other guilds including one called The Pluggers, were some of the baddest mofos on the Atlantic shard. Good times. Was in the beta, still have my cloth map too.

BTW if you are pining for a modern UO successor check out Legends of Aria (formerly known as Shards Online). It's looking really good and the final alpha is scheduled to start on the 28th: https://www.legendsofaria.com/final-alpha-coming-september-21st/

This video gives a pretty good intro of what to expect, at least as it was as of the previous alpha: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X94okE0Ma80

News Comments > Get Mirage: Arcane Warfare Free Today
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 6, 2017, 16:17 Blahman

gsilver wrote on Sep 6, 2017, 14:07:
I liked Chivalry but never got around to trying this one (I was usually busy the times that they had free weekends)

Gonna give it a try this weekend. Probably.

If you want it for free, pick it up today, otherwise it's $10 thereafter.

I have over 120 hours playtime in this game since launch and I've enjoyed it a lot but stopped playing once I could no longer find full servers. Will definitely be playing again now though.

Would love to see LawBreakers do the same since it is also near the point where it's no longer playable due to long matchmaking queues.

This comment was edited on Sep 6, 2017, 19:56.

1. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 27, 2017, 16:47 Blahman

Sad to see LawBreakers drop off the list, it's truly a diamond in the rough. Way better than Quake Champions. The marketing for it has been pitiful however, and no big-name streamers playing it.  

17. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 13, 2017, 18:30 Blahman

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 13, 2017, 18:28:
reading about bannings, when it's still in Early Access, is a bit of a turnoff. Catering to streamers is a huge turnoff, but I guess that's how multiplayer games work these days.

It's a total non-issue. No one "accidentally" stream snipes. The people that do it, do it on purpose, and pay the price. If you play legitimately you have nothing to worry about.

15. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 13, 2017, 18:21 Blahman

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 13, 2017, 18:15:
All I know is, if I get into a car in 99% of the FPS games that you can get into a car, I'm going to lay on the horn if I feel like it. That shouldn't be a bannable offense. The fact that it is, is a fault of the developer(s) or whomever they chose to run their servers/client list/whatever.

*BEEP BEEP* You're about to get run over by a damned jeep, in a FPS! Classic Battlefield. Apparently it's sacrilege in PUBG.

I don't like people deliberately trolling others, but the horn thing seems extremely minor. Why put the horns in if they are only going to ban 'regular' people to protect 'privileged' streamers? Mind boggling.

I don't think you understand how it works at all.

Honking the horn is not an issue.

Following around specific players across multiple matches and using it to troll them and ruin their experience over and over is. The admins can tell the difference.

14. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 13, 2017, 18:19 Blahman

jacobvandy wrote on Aug 13, 2017, 17:18:
Nevermind how difficult it can be to locate someone in the map, what about how small the chances are that you even get put into the same match as a streamer and can identify when you do? It's not like DayZ or any number of other games where it's as simple as finding out the name of the server they're on and choosing to connect to the same one, the matchmaking is all random and anonymous for the most part, isn't it? With all the dumb luck involved preventing you from purposely doing it whenever you want, how can it possibly be such a significant issue that rules need to be made about it?

It's extremely easy to queue up with and locate streamers even when they take every precaution against stream sniping. It still happens constantly.

7. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 13, 2017, 16:16 Blahman

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 13, 2017, 16:06:
More on topic, reading the PUBG Steam reviews, apparently you can get banned for using the car horn, near Twitch streamers!??!? That's just embarrassing for the developers.

Stream sniping (watching another player's Twitch stream to get in their game, find them and kill/disrupt/troll them) is against the game's rules and yes, they will get banned if they do it enough. It's really annoying for the streamer and their viewers.

2. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 13, 2017, 15:08 Blahman

Same with LawBreakers. Since Tribes: Ascend essentially died I have been looking for a new FPS-Z, and this one is great.  

News Comments > Lawbreakers Launches to Great Reviews, Poor Sales
58. Re: Lawbreakers Launches to Great Reviews, Poor Sales Aug 11, 2017, 13:52 Blahman

Well I for one am enjoying it a lot. Assassin grapple + shotgun is too much fun.

If anyone is on the fence about it, just buy it and enjoy. Ignore the negative nancies who haven't even played it.

News Comments > LawBreakers Released
14. Re: LawBreakers Released Aug 8, 2017, 23:45 Blahman

People bitching about the game without playing it are missing out. It's fantastic. And all of the game modes require teamwork to win, it's not just TDM.  

News Comments > Mirage: Arcane Warfare Gladiator Update
7. Re: Mirage: Arcane Warfare Gladiator Update Jul 23, 2017, 22:11 Blahman

jdreyer wrote on Jul 23, 2017, 12:42:
Are the bots configurable like UT, or at least have basic difficulty setting like B2?

Not yet AFAIK. They haven't released the server files yet but maybe when they do AI difficulty will be an option.

5. Re: Mirage: Arcane Warfare Gladiator Update Jul 22, 2017, 22:02 Blahman

jdreyer wrote on Jul 22, 2017, 14:39:
Does anyone here play this? I'm wondering how it is. The addition of bots has me interested since I live in an unpopulated timezone and also usually don't like playing against other people.

Yeah I have almost 120 hours in this game. The bots are pretty easy though. If you've played at all they will not be much of a challenge, but they're nice to have to fill out a server.

4. Re: Mirage: Arcane Warfare Gladiator Update Jul 22, 2017, 20:46 Blahman

I love this game and the update is great, but it still has an unfathomably tiny playerbase.

I hope they can do something to draw more players in because it really is an underrated/unknown game.

News Comments > SteamWorld Dig 2 Digs Steam Too
1. Re: SteamWorld Dig 2 Digs Steam Too Jun 26, 2017, 21:07 Blahman

That title... *golf clap*  

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Jun 23, 2017, 05:42 Blahman

Mirage: Arcane Warfare is a good value at $15, but desperately needs more players. It's a great game -- I've already put over 60 hours into it despite there only being a couple dozen players online at peak time lately.

Better combat with greater freedom of movement and a better level of production quality than Chivalry, very high skill cap and lots of unlockable cosmetics that are actually pretty cool. Some people are turned off by the aesthetic but I like it -- has a nice Prince of Persia vibe.

I don't understand why so few people bought it, but a seemingly sizable part of the Chiv fanbase rejecting it out of spite and leaving nasty reviews probably didn't help.

I hope the Steam summer sale gives its population a kickstart and look forward to their coming updates. Sounds like July is going to have a big content patch with new weapons, abilities and levels.

168 Comments. 9 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo