Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for PacoTaco

Real Name PacoTaco   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 2, 2006, 09:19
Total Comments 137 (Novice)
User ID 24352

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

News Comments > More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen
50. Re: More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen Aug 24, 2015, 13:38 PacoTaco

I was looking forward to this game big fan of Wing Commander has anyone played it yet?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financials; WoW at 5.6M Subs
19. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials; WoW at 5.6M Subs Aug 4, 2015, 21:07 PacoTaco

COD down, WOW down, I am sure Bobby has finger on the trigger, LET THE BLOOD FLOW...

If BO3 goes the way of Ghosts or even stays at the level of AW I think we see some studio "rearrangement" Good news is Heart Stone and HOTS, I think they will keep growing.

Regardless you dont need as many FPS studios if you are only releasing 1 title every 4 years. Treyarach and SledgeHammer grow a bit and they shut down IW? Customers don't need a new COD every year with all the expansions. Customers want great games.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Beta Next Month
5. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Beta Next Month Jul 23, 2015, 02:45 PacoTaco

The game look really pretty and truly next generation the detail on the levels is breath taking if you are an artist that loves that type of stuff. I am so I do.

The game play has been the same as Quake run around a maze and shoot dudes, if you are bored of that then no point in playing or buying the product.

News Comments > Skyforge Trailer
5. Re: Skyforge Trailer Jun 26, 2015, 01:43 PacoTaco

Well looks like they are using the Crytek engine, and all the Characters look like they were outsourced from China or India to me. Its why you have a great looking environment with less then spectacular characters on top.

The VO on the trailer goes on and on.

The shot selection is bad to tell the story.

In some places the character models aren't creating shadows on the ground in some they are.

The director didn't dont show off the characters that do look good if they have any with close up's even during the fighting.

The player hero models look boring to play from what they are showing.

I am surprised this trailer made it out of the building, shows the game poorly.

That is my professional short opinion.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Specs?
34. Re: Battlefield 3 Specs? Jul 8, 2011, 19:51 PacoTaco

EA just fucked themselves on this one, the stock should drop after the forecast is cut by 50%. No XP, FU EA!  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Trailer
4. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Trailer May 24, 2011, 12:34 PacoTaco

That trailer rocks! Looks like the best of the bunch! BOOONAAaa --- BONaaa BONNNAaa love the song!  

News Comments > EA COO Leaves for Zynga
11. Re: EA COO Leaves for Zynga Apr 27, 2011, 11:56 PacoTaco

News that wasn't reported was that some of leads of the Dead Space 2 left for Zynga right after the DS2 shipped they didn't even wait to get laid off or bonuses.

Schappert is one the good Exec's at EA that actually knew how to build games, was working toward fixing the place. Now EA is down another guy that had actually built products.

Since Larry Probst retired and Bing Gordon (I always looked at Bing as the heart of EA) left to go to Kliner Perkins who help fund Zynga, EA has lost its way in a lot of respects, don't forget Mattrick who formed EA C and who runs MS games, has been gone during this EA's decline he was the heir apparent to become the CEO. but the went with Rigaltello.

Wouldn't be surprised if entire exec team gets fired if they lose money overall again this year. I still have some hope that EA can turn it around.

News Comments > On EVE Online's Future
3. Re: On EVE Online's Future Mar 27, 2011, 18:17 PacoTaco

CCP tried to put a FPS into the PC version for a few years, tossed away an engine they created that would have destroyed the PC game, so they got Unreal3 and decided to make it a separate product on the console.

The connection to the PC MMO the specifics to how players will interact with each other from console to PC is not known to the public.

What that movie represents is pure marketing material to generate interest, they had nothing really to show at fanfast or any changes to Eve so they make a nice movie about what they hope to achieve.

News Comments > Alice: Madness Returns GDC Trailer
9. Re: Alice: Madness Returns GDC Trailer Mar 8, 2011, 07:51 PacoTaco

http://www.gamerankings.com/pc/927569-american-mcgee-presents-bad-day-la/index.html

like stated in the last thread, wait and see what people say.

News Comments > Alice: Madness Returns Gameplay Trailers
15. Re: Alice: Madness Returns Gameplay Trailers Mar 6, 2011, 02:06 PacoTaco

I looked at all the trailers before I made my first post, I like the CGI trailer until Alice starts stabbing a teapot in the eye covering herself in blood, which just seemed really dumb to me.

The assets look like they were created by two different teams that didn't talk to each other or are managed to send out a consistent visual message. The renderer has nothing to do with the shape of the face, dress differences, and too many other items to waste time listing.

I will wait like I did for the original and get it for 10 bucks out of bin at Walmart. I looked up American's last effort, considered one of the worst games in history. 33.75% review.. LOL ranked 4th in the worst games in history. This is really I all I need to see to know to wait to buy it and see the real reviews. So no more trailer talk for me.

http://www.gamerankings.com/pc/927569-american-mcgee-presents-bad-day-la/index.html

This comment was edited on Mar 6, 2011, 03:57.

12. Re: Alice: Madness Returns Gameplay Trailers Mar 5, 2011, 23:53 PacoTaco

All the comments made so far are valid and speak to the game from the original I played the first game and was disapointed but loved the art style, for this Alice 2 game I was hoping would be that same art style and have some good game play, I dont see that happening in the trailers released. Did you look at this interface? Listen to the sound? Why was Alice running around in a red dress then in the other video a blue dress. The 3rd person camera looked bad, the combat looked bad, it was upsetting, and looked like an amateur effort at best.

But that wasn't the point, my point if you were going to release something to the public to help promote the product dont you think you would have made your best effort to made it look as good as possible? "Handheld" camera when the tech is available to make it look and sound like a professional product? Why did EA allow this to be done, they could help them you would think?

My second main question anyone have a clue why THE DAM CHARACTERS look like different models textures, design from the Cinematic pre rendered trailer and the in-game footage? How can I hope to pay 60 bucks for a game I was looking forward to when I can't make heads or tails of what the hell is going on, its a confused visual message that needs to be cleared up.

1. Re: Alice: Madness Returns Gameplay Trailers Mar 5, 2011, 17:41 PacoTaco

Ok I looked at all the stuff at IGN I BE very confused. Why does alice from the cinematic trailer along with all the characters look different from the gameplay trailers? Why do the gameplay trailers look so fucking bad? It's like horrible looking? I think I heard the dude or player hitting buttons during the game play trailer like the audio track was recorded with an open mic? The cinematic trailer looked sort of cool but nothing like the game so I am just wondering WTF is happening? HELLO INTERNET peoples someone please help me understand what this tard parade of content all means?  

News Comments > Hardcore: Romero's Not Done With You
25. Re: Hardcore: Romero's Not Done With You Mar 4, 2011, 04:01 PacoTaco

SirKnight wrote on Mar 3, 2011, 21:40:
PacoTaco wrote on Mar 3, 2011, 20:55:
The term is grifter, Romero has stolen more money using id software in his bio then anyone in the history of video games, he almost never delivers, and if he does it horrible. Why is he doing this well the dumbest money availble to him is Social Gaming venture funding, he only made that tweet to indicate that he will attempt to steal more money in the future for a high end PC title if he can.

Obviously you don't have a clue what the word stolen means. WTF?

Could be true, lets see.

Grifter = swindler: a person who swindles you by means of deception or fraud

Stolen = To have taken money or property that doesn't belong to you.

Anyone that gives Homero a dime deserves to be donkey punched continuously until the fools head falls off. Sorry Romero hasn't done shit for the industry other then suck in a lot of dumb money and never deliver anything worth playing or even talking about.

Review his history and talk to the people that have worked with him, get the truth. When 100 out of 100 people say the same thing about a guy you might want to consider changing your opinion.

I just feel bad for the people that don't realize that he is a dead beat, I was hoping after Slipgate that he would have gotten enough money that he would retire.

News Comments > Hardcore: Romero's Not Done With You
16. Re: Hardcore: Romero's Not Done With You Mar 3, 2011, 20:55 PacoTaco

The term is grifter, Romero has stolen more money using id software in his bio then anyone in the history of video games, he almost never delivers, and if he does it horrible. Why is he doing this well the dumbest money availble to him is Social Gaming venture funding, he only made that tweet to indicate that he will attempt to steal more money in the future for a high end PC title if he can.  

News Comments > Alice: Madness Returns in June
10. Re: Alice: Madness Returns in June Mar 3, 2011, 14:57 PacoTaco

Dont agree, I felt underwelmed with the first game, seemed out of place to play a 3rd person "action" title on the PC.

I didn't feel that it had any mood or creepyness either. It did have some good box art, character design, those are the high points.

News Comments > Alice: Madness Returns in June
5. Re: Alice: Madness Returns in June Mar 3, 2011, 06:41 PacoTaco

I have some hope, but not a lot! American's last three game are on the worst games in the history of the world list, and I hope he hasn't blown yet another opportunity to do something great.

I don't expect it to compete against world class products (like id's RaGE) it just needs to be interesting, tuned well, and have something new that we haven't seen before in gaming.

News Comments > GRIN Vets Form New Studio
5. Re: GRIN Vets Form New Studio Aug 2, 2010, 17:04 PacoTaco

to bad gameindustry news sold its soul, and requires a login now just to read news, I used to like it now I never go there for news.  

News Comments > Medal of Honor LE Trailer
5. Re: Medal of Honor LE Trailer Jul 14, 2010, 16:12 PacoTaco

Game looks good, I hope it keeps the EALA studio open, very much doubt it still expect this whole franchise to move to DICE or EA Sweeden, and EALA to close down. Limited edition? Who cares? EA has been limited took almost 10 years for them to "reboot" the franchise while COD has raped EA on market share, this looks like the best effort but too little too late.

News Comments > Intel Drops Project Offset
12. Re: Intel Drops Project Offset Jul 1, 2010, 22:11 PacoTaco

Darks wrote on Jul 1, 2010, 22:08:
I just knew when Intel bought them that this was going to end badly. Way to fuck up what could have been a bad ass RPG game Intel.

Intel was the only hope they had, they needed funding, it wasn't ever going to come out with out Intel's help. Getting funding even back then before the meltdown was very hard, so don't be sad it was never going to be, sometimes you have nobody to blame. You can't blame intel they gave them money, you cant blame Offset guys for making cool demos so they could try to get money, blame the sun!

Its your best hope!

;-)

News Comments > Intel Drops Project Offset
10. Re: Intel Drops Project Offset Jul 1, 2010, 21:57 PacoTaco

Intel bought to use it for hardware that didnt work as well as expected, which got cancelled, and then the engine / game got cancelled as well.

Intel bought it with the idea of using it but beating Nvidia and ATI graphics cards is not that easy even for them.

The hardware ended up being about as good as Nvidia's last generation, had to all be restarted. Intel does this about ever 10 years they try to make a graphics chip that will take over that market they step on thier own dicks and viginas then crawl off and hide for another decade. I miss you already Intel!

137 Comments. 7 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo