Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for PacoTaco

Real Name PacoTaco   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 2, 2006, 09:19
Total Comments 200 (Novice)
User ID 24352

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

News Comments > Quake Champions Trailer
4. Re: Quake Champions Trailer Apr 5, 2017, 02:14 PacoTaco

I would like to remember id software from the good old days this is painful to see.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Quake Champions Trailer
2. Re: Quake Champions Trailer Mar 17, 2017, 01:12 PacoTaco

RIP id software you were a great company once.  

News Comments > More Apocalypse Now Crowdfunding
6. Re: More Apocalypse Now Crowdfunding Feb 15, 2017, 00:24 PacoTaco

One of the greatest books of all time turned into one of the greatest movies of all time turned in stupidest pitch for a game I have ever seen. God help who ever funds this, they have no prototype, no design, no engineers, nobody that seems to know what they are doing. Do yourself a favor if you want to have fun with this money just take it outside or inside your home and set it on fire, you will get more out of it then what these scam jokers will do with it. Francis please find some good people if you are really going to do this. I could do a better pitch for this game in a day with a working prototype in a few days solo with nobody giving me a dime. What the fuck are people that dumb?  

News Comments > GeForce Drivers; Halo Wars 2 Specs
2. Re: GeForce Drivers; Halo Wars 2 Specs Feb 14, 2017, 11:50 PacoTaco

you wrote all the updates for the drivers? Or you posted something that everyone sent him? confused.  

News Comments > Call of Duty Returning to its Roots
24. Re: Call of Duty Returning to its Roots Feb 12, 2017, 09:55 PacoTaco

none of the Vietnam era games made anything near what the modern or WWII based so it will not happen.

You have to remember that Sledge started on this game 2 years ago, and they were assuming that IW's Space COD would do well enough to branch the brand into 3 universes, BO "wacky dark", Futuristic, Modern, each studio running a separate universe.

Since IW failed again 2x in a row more layoffs will be coming to that studio during the next quarter, expect another 200, then another 200 by the end of the year.

They are not expected to ship another game for another 3 years, and they have failed 2x in row to make a product that expanded the brand or at least kept it stable, what they did with Ghosts and now what IW did with IW is considered the biggest failure in the entire franchises history.

That lawsuit that had most of the core of IW leave to form Respawn because they were owed 40+ mil in bonuses that Bobby didn't want to pay ended with them getting the money anyway but this pretty much killed IW losing its soul they merged in the Tony Hawk dev into IW a few years ago hired a lot of new people but IW will never been the same again and again this has caused the failures we have seen from this studio over the past few years.

Once the leaders of IW left to form Respawn the ATVI execs finally got to tell them IW what they wanted, and nobody to argue back is the reason ATVI has never made good product decisions. Everything that was ever sold with success has come from devs working outside that company or outside ATVI exec supervision or just ignored ATVI exec feedback.

COD came from the same guys that helped create Medal of Honor on the PC who were taught to make these games from the Original Dreamworks Interactive designers who were pretty much trying to make Saving Private Ryan in video game form.

All this being said expect Sledge to create Advanced Warfare 2 and a remake the original WWII COD in HD, they will have Zombie mode.

The Sledge products have been pretty good, but they are behind the tech curve and content quality level that BO3 set as the new standard. BO3 wasn't finished well the single player was a total cluster fuck but they needed another year to course correct the terrible decisions they made that wasted 2 years of time.

They didnt have this time so they got it out anyway they could but it could have been the greatest COD product ever had they actually not fucked up single player.

Sledge will deliver a safe product with minor innovations in an attempt to course correct the downward trajectory of the franchise again. This is the pattern started by Ghosts after the Respawn exodus, and continues.

What this means for the modern day version of IW is studio closure to a reduction in responsibility or any control of the COD franchise. All these directions are being discussed.

One factor that might change this is ATVI exec access to that studio being the only one that they can 100% dictate the direction of the product they want with out argument. This being said the little people will take the hit and get the blame for the failure in more layoffs.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Sabotage Zombies Trailer
1. Re: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Sabotage Zombies Trailer Jan 25, 2017, 00:38 PacoTaco

Call of Duty: Death of a Franchise brought to you by Infinity Ward former shell of its former self, if you were hoping for a good game might have to wait a bit.

We can only hope the brain trust behind this version of the game gets swept away into the ocean during the upcoming round of layoffs.

News Comments > Star Citizen Video
61. Re: Star Citizen Video Dec 19, 2016, 20:04 PacoTaco

Really pretty art wrapped in a turd of game play? who wants a shit sandwich? Good news is that maybe Crytek will die first and take this shit down with it. Good excuse to not deliver it the engine company went out of business. Then Chris is Free to start a new scam this time it will be a Flying Donkey while eating Popsicle racer, sort of like the DOTA2 Donkey but with more Donkeyness in HD. God speed Gentlemen at least you employed a lot of people with that stolen money. Chris Roberts is the Bernie Madoff of the game industry. Chris you used to be a hero of mine.  

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Launch Trailer
10. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Launch Trailer Dec 12, 2016, 14:43 PacoTaco

Looks like a cool game with content I love. Great work!  

News Comments > Crytek Payroll Issues?
4. Re: Crytek Payroll Issues? Dec 11, 2016, 18:13 PacoTaco

Crytek always a dirty company, some say run by the Hungarian mob. They created 2 games worth anything, Farcry, and Crysis they fucked up Farcry to the point where Ubisoft got all the code for the engine and the IP because they were so late.

Then fucked up Crysis 2 and 3 for the same reasons with EA, late and shitty. I was hoping Amazon would buy them but I think the dirty strings of EU mob ties are so deep that it is not worth it.

To my friends at Crytek sorry boys it sucks. When you quit scream KEYSER SOOOOOOOOOZE for me!

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
6. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Dec 9, 2016, 19:24 PacoTaco

People thinking you can make an entire software product for 100k target goal are just suckers waiting to lose the money they are giving.

Don't fund anything unless you see game play, see a schedule, budget, list of team members that have delivered before, and finally a plan on how they plan to deliver the entire product.

The people asking for the money should be willing to do this work for free.

News Comments > Paragon Monolith Update Live
1. Re: Paragon Monolith Update Live Dec 6, 2016, 11:09 PacoTaco

well it looks interesting...  

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Announced
42. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Announced Dec 5, 2016, 10:26 PacoTaco

Just type Unreal 4 demo or environmental art test or Crytek not even alpha and tell me if you cant find 10 things that look better then this pile of shite looking "professional" pre-alpha. It is 100% underwhelming. I use this engine everyday, I know what it can do. This is a sad pile of shit. Even the death animation of that mech is 100% sad, no parts fly off, no location based animations or rigged body effects, plays a bad animations and they throw a few emitters on it. I could write 20 pages on how bad this demo is. Hey just so you know I want it to be good it is not.

This comment was edited on Dec 5, 2016, 10:32.

News Comments > MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Announced
26. Re: MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Announced Dec 4, 2016, 18:31 PacoTaco

Wow they figured out a way to make the Unreal4 engine look like total ass with shit content and terrible VO to boot. Everything about it looks bad, do not know why they would show this to anyone. They need to hire some people that know how to do next generation content or use the engine.  

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer
25. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer Sep 8, 2016, 15:36 PacoTaco

Looked like low res crap to me. I loved ME 1 and 2, 3 was shit. This looks like more shit. The characters looked like ass, the 4k bullshit is total bullshit and it makes FB Engine look weak. Mass Effect: Death of a Franchise << better title. Predict layoffs at this studio with in 3 months of the launch.  

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Changes
4. Re: Titanfall 2 Changes Aug 25, 2016, 07:20 PacoTaco

They are using a suped up HL engine? Looks bad, looks low res, and just bad game play.

Maybe switch the camera to 3rd person once you get into a titan to make it feel more like a brawler is all I got and I know its not much.

For sure switch to the Unreal 4 engine. jesus.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
4. Re: Evening Interviews Aug 25, 2016, 07:07 PacoTaco

I dont know anything about gamers gate but this video was just a waste of the 30 seconds of my life I spent looking at it skipping ahead after 10 seconds.

You want to be a game designer design and make some games people want to play makes no difference who you are. Does she have skills art or coding? I dont even know. Golden Rule #1: Show me the money.

News Comments > EVE Online Free Weekend
4. Re: EVE Online Free Weekend Aug 19, 2016, 21:27 PacoTaco

I think this offer 3 days of free un restricted play, then it will turn into a trial account which has a lot of restrictions, but after that you have to pay.

Since the game has real time training you cant play more to speed up your character, you can now spend money to speed up your characters training but getting more skills just allows you to fly the ships or do tasks at a faster rate.

If you die in your ship you lose it and everything in it. You still have to do tasks to earn the in game money to buy the ship and fit it. Every time you leave a station you risk losing all that work from other players killing it.

Also you have players that spend their time just hunting the new players (noobs) farming them for kills. People that have mastered the mechanics for doing this with the least amount of cost to them.

I played Eve from 06-11 everyday very dedicated but I sort of did everything I could imagine doing so I got bored.

Eve is one of those games where you can do the content they have and I did it all but its very repetitive, the best part is the player created content but it is so much work to do this that most people quit.

Most people quit Eve after about 3 months like 99% of the players that start it.

For people that never tried Eve the promo videos you see from CCP are lies, the experience you see in those videos is something you have to imagine happening, while looking at little tiny dots of white and red if you are in the USA you will have a pretty big ping, the game is located in the UK.

This comment was edited on Aug 19, 2016, 21:35.

News Comments > EVE Online Free Weekend
2. Re: EVE Online Free Weekend Aug 19, 2016, 20:53 PacoTaco

Nah you have to pay a 15-19 sub per account or if you can generate enough income you can buy game time from others that would rather trade real world money for in game money.

But you are right it should be free, game is a giant pain in the ass to play. The numbers are down from the high point.

News Comments > LawBreakers Alpha Aftermath
1. Re: LawBreakers Alpha Aftermath Aug 15, 2016, 23:43 PacoTaco

It went that bad? Poor Nexon all that money wasted on a fallen god of gaming. Not to late just stop giving them money, and move on. Better then tossing it into the CliffB fire... You know if he wanted to he could have funded this with that Tencent pay day when they bought Epic. He isnt for a reason.  

News Comments > Another Mafia III Trailer
2. Re: Another Mafia III Trailer Aug 11, 2016, 16:04 PacoTaco

Need more blood in the next trailer, kids love blood and terrible VO that seems to go on forever.  

200 Comments. 10 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo