Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for PacoTaco

Real Name PacoTaco   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 2, 2006, 09:19
Total Comments 146 (Novice)
User ID 24352

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Previews
8. Re: Saturday Previews Nov 1, 2015, 09:38 PacoTaco

Really looks exciting now that CCP killed off Eve Online this is the only hope, can you play it yet?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Paradox Interactive Acquires White Wolf
7. Re: Paradox Interactive Acquires White Wolf Oct 29, 2015, 11:05 PacoTaco

At least CCP can use the money, the active players are way down, prob means subs are down too.  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Fall Update and New Map Tomorrow
11. Re: Battlefield 4 Fall Update and New Map Tomorrow Oct 27, 2015, 05:21 PacoTaco

Camera made me sick... oh lordy..  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Trailer
8. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Trailer Oct 23, 2015, 07:38 PacoTaco

Art looks pretty good to me, the detail level is higher then anything I have seen yet, but same old game but I like that game so should be a good way to kill a month or two.  

News Comments > DOOM Alpha Video
6. Re: DOOM Alpha Video Oct 22, 2015, 21:52 PacoTaco

Pretty sad video, id hasn't made a good game since Quake3. Compare this to Unreal 4 videos or COD Black Ops videos or best yet Fallout and I am like why would even put this out to the public. I sold my id fanboy card when Carmack left.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Trailers; New Mode Revealed
6. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Trailers; New Mode Revealed Oct 17, 2015, 18:23 PacoTaco

Looks like the same standard game play formula for a COD game. Tech = Magic.

If you have to tune the game play for 1-4 players and some of those players being controlled by bots if you don't have human co-op partners it will feel either really easy or hard.

I am guessing it will be really easy and that you finish the campaign in under 8 hours, and then Treyarch wants you to replay this mode over and over again like an MMO or RPG, sort of like Destiny getting forced into an FPS product.

Its interesting attempt but I have no interest in Co-Op console FPS with RPG elements.

The PC MP Beta which I played felt like all the levels were designed for console players which makes sense since that is where all the money is but it means its a dumbed down FPS compared to old hardcare PC products. They also seem to be including the CS:GO (paint your gun) and LoL (the banning system) I have no interest in this since the PC player base will be so small.

Looks like a pretty game with no soul.

News Comments > LawBreakers Gameplay Trailer
1. Re: LawBreakers Gameplay Trailer Aug 28, 2015, 18:10 PacoTaco

what can you say it looks like another me too class based FPS in a really nice engine. oh well.  

News Comments > Boss Key Reveals LawBreakers
27. Re: Boss Key Reveals LawBreakers Aug 27, 2015, 23:14 PacoTaco

none of the characters blink even when the visor is closing, not even a flutter, just dead eyes, dead faces, none seem to change expression either at as they are traveling. Also agree on the VO, and one of the lines is from the AniMatrix "and it was good" I heard rumors that Cliff was propped up for 15 years at Epic, seems like the rumor was true because I expected more from him. Also the BossKey logo is just shit. I am being harsh because first impressions are everything when it comes to building a brand.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III PC Closed Beta Begins
10. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III PC Closed Beta Begins Aug 27, 2015, 17:52 PacoTaco

Retired wrote on Aug 26, 2015, 15:12:
Game looks terrible, so blurry even on best settings. F you "its the beta though'. Game looks worse than ghosts. I see they added CTF back in, but no one was playing, something like 90% were playing camp death match. Such a waste.

I got fooled on the last one, that AW isn't advanced, it is AIR Warfare, just a dumb gimmick. Now in this one you can run on walls forever AND air jump. Done.

I have personally witnessed the game on all platforms including PC, and while the shaders were tuned for the Ps4 the game was amazing looking the detail level on the levels is 16x what could be done on the Ps3 or Xbox360. Even with the untuned shaders it was eye candy everywhere. The artists at Treyarch are some of the best in the industry.

I am not talking about the game play just the visuals, so saying it was muddy might be your machine. I have the beta right now running on EGA 580GTX which is an older card then what I was seeing with a 980GTX and the game looks great on both cards.

Comparing this to AW one thing to note is that AW was developed for the previous generation consoles ps3/360 so it might have been 4 to 6x on the ps4 and xbone, this version was developed with no regard for previous generation consoles it contains content 16x over previous gen. Trust me. :-)

News Comments > More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen
50. Re: More Derek Smart vs. Star Citizen Aug 24, 2015, 13:38 PacoTaco

I was looking forward to this game big fan of Wing Commander has anyone played it yet?  

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financials; WoW at 5.6M Subs
19. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials; WoW at 5.6M Subs Aug 4, 2015, 21:07 PacoTaco

COD down, WOW down, I am sure Bobby has finger on the trigger, LET THE BLOOD FLOW...

If BO3 goes the way of Ghosts or even stays at the level of AW I think we see some studio "rearrangement" Good news is Heart Stone and HOTS, I think they will keep growing.

Regardless you dont need as many FPS studios if you are only releasing 1 title every 4 years. Treyarach and SledgeHammer grow a bit and they shut down IW? Customers don't need a new COD every year with all the expansions. Customers want great games.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Beta Next Month
5. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Beta Next Month Jul 23, 2015, 02:45 PacoTaco

The game look really pretty and truly next generation the detail on the levels is breath taking if you are an artist that loves that type of stuff. I am so I do.

The game play has been the same as Quake run around a maze and shoot dudes, if you are bored of that then no point in playing or buying the product.

News Comments > Skyforge Trailer
5. Re: Skyforge Trailer Jun 26, 2015, 01:43 PacoTaco

Well looks like they are using the Crytek engine, and all the Characters look like they were outsourced from China or India to me. Its why you have a great looking environment with less then spectacular characters on top.

The VO on the trailer goes on and on.

The shot selection is bad to tell the story.

In some places the character models aren't creating shadows on the ground in some they are.

The director didn't dont show off the characters that do look good if they have any with close up's even during the fighting.

The player hero models look boring to play from what they are showing.

I am surprised this trailer made it out of the building, shows the game poorly.

That is my professional short opinion.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Specs?
34. Re: Battlefield 3 Specs? Jul 8, 2011, 19:51 PacoTaco

EA just fucked themselves on this one, the stock should drop after the forecast is cut by 50%. No XP, FU EA!  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Trailer
4. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Trailer May 24, 2011, 12:34 PacoTaco

That trailer rocks! Looks like the best of the bunch! BOOONAAaa --- BONaaa BONNNAaa love the song!  

News Comments > EA COO Leaves for Zynga
11. Re: EA COO Leaves for Zynga Apr 27, 2011, 11:56 PacoTaco

News that wasn't reported was that some of leads of the Dead Space 2 left for Zynga right after the DS2 shipped they didn't even wait to get laid off or bonuses.

Schappert is one the good Exec's at EA that actually knew how to build games, was working toward fixing the place. Now EA is down another guy that had actually built products.

Since Larry Probst retired and Bing Gordon (I always looked at Bing as the heart of EA) left to go to Kliner Perkins who help fund Zynga, EA has lost its way in a lot of respects, don't forget Mattrick who formed EA C and who runs MS games, has been gone during this EA's decline he was the heir apparent to become the CEO. but the went with Rigaltello.

Wouldn't be surprised if entire exec team gets fired if they lose money overall again this year. I still have some hope that EA can turn it around.

News Comments > On EVE Online's Future
3. Re: On EVE Online's Future Mar 27, 2011, 18:17 PacoTaco

CCP tried to put a FPS into the PC version for a few years, tossed away an engine they created that would have destroyed the PC game, so they got Unreal3 and decided to make it a separate product on the console.

The connection to the PC MMO the specifics to how players will interact with each other from console to PC is not known to the public.

What that movie represents is pure marketing material to generate interest, they had nothing really to show at fanfast or any changes to Eve so they make a nice movie about what they hope to achieve.

News Comments > Alice: Madness Returns GDC Trailer
9. Re: Alice: Madness Returns GDC Trailer Mar 8, 2011, 07:51 PacoTaco

http://www.gamerankings.com/pc/927569-american-mcgee-presents-bad-day-la/index.html

like stated in the last thread, wait and see what people say.

News Comments > Alice: Madness Returns Gameplay Trailers
15. Re: Alice: Madness Returns Gameplay Trailers Mar 6, 2011, 02:06 PacoTaco

I looked at all the trailers before I made my first post, I like the CGI trailer until Alice starts stabbing a teapot in the eye covering herself in blood, which just seemed really dumb to me.

The assets look like they were created by two different teams that didn't talk to each other or are managed to send out a consistent visual message. The renderer has nothing to do with the shape of the face, dress differences, and too many other items to waste time listing.

I will wait like I did for the original and get it for 10 bucks out of bin at Walmart. I looked up American's last effort, considered one of the worst games in history. 33.75% review.. LOL ranked 4th in the worst games in history. This is really I all I need to see to know to wait to buy it and see the real reviews. So no more trailer talk for me.

http://www.gamerankings.com/pc/927569-american-mcgee-presents-bad-day-la/index.html

This comment was edited on Mar 6, 2011, 03:57.

News Comments > Alice: Madness Returns Gameplay Trailers
12. Re: Alice: Madness Returns Gameplay Trailers Mar 5, 2011, 23:53 PacoTaco

All the comments made so far are valid and speak to the game from the original I played the first game and was disapointed but loved the art style, for this Alice 2 game I was hoping would be that same art style and have some good game play, I dont see that happening in the trailers released. Did you look at this interface? Listen to the sound? Why was Alice running around in a red dress then in the other video a blue dress. The 3rd person camera looked bad, the combat looked bad, it was upsetting, and looked like an amateur effort at best.

But that wasn't the point, my point if you were going to release something to the public to help promote the product dont you think you would have made your best effort to made it look as good as possible? "Handheld" camera when the tech is available to make it look and sound like a professional product? Why did EA allow this to be done, they could help them you would think?

My second main question anyone have a clue why THE DAM CHARACTERS look like different models textures, design from the Cinematic pre rendered trailer and the in-game footage? How can I hope to pay 60 bucks for a game I was looking forward to when I can't make heads or tails of what the hell is going on, its a confused visual message that needs to be cleared up.

146 Comments. 8 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo