Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for PacoTaco

Real Name PacoTaco   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 2, 2006, 09:19
Total Comments 228 (Novice)
User ID 24352

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

News Comments > Galatron Gold; Demo
2. Re: Galatron Gold; Demo Nov 12, 2008, 01:41 PacoTaco

Sadly I got it to work, its nice to see people trying to make independent games but this one was removed quickly.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > EVE Shooter Plans?
16. Re: EVE Shooter Plans? Nov 9, 2008, 18:23 PacoTaco

Eve and CCP are dead to me, the Quantum Rise patch is the worst patch for the game ever topping the previous worst patch the last one, they cant even keep the primary game fun as it is now pre-patch.

Why are they going to make a shooter, they need more ISK (US dollars) and a console game would help that, also Walking In Stations Expansion or what I am calling WISE is so far behind schedule that all the environments are sitting collecting dust, if they design the game around using these art assets they can pay themselves back the cost of creating it all as adding this content to Eve is going to break the games engine even more then it is now, thus they have slowed the entire game down with QR patch and re-tuned every weapon and made the whole game much much lamer in hope of figuring out a way to get WISE to work at all, yes they are taking fun game play out to add the ability for it to be more of WOW like game with WISE, and then create Vampire Army of Darkness on top of that system. Also with this console announcement they might get suckers to keep funding their ill conceived plans.

They lost customers already and will continue to look for ways to stay around using these already paid for assets for a plan (WISE) that was not vetted well to begin with, no reason to fire anyone you will all be looking for work sooner or later.

News Comments > EVE Online Update Next Week
6. Re: EVE Online Update Next Week Nov 5, 2008, 01:17 PacoTaco

I have played the patch on the test server, and have been playing Eve for over 2 years, in one word this patch sucks! Why? They have rebalanced the entire combat system and destroy many fun parts of flying ships in space, and made a lot of poor decisions with every change, they have lost the magic they had. It's so bad I canceled all my accounts, and I loved this game!

GAME TO AVOID! CCP Eat a Bag of Dicks!!!!

News Comments > CCP Games & The Economy
7. Who cares? Oct 17, 2008, 15:54 PacoTaco

EVE Online is going to be dead when the patches come out in a few weeks. This press release was made to cover up all the nerfs coming down the pipe.

News Comments > EVE Expansion Announced
7. Its really sad... Oct 16, 2008, 22:08 PacoTaco

The changes they have made are on the test server and pretty much ruin the combat system, the players have filled 1000+ forum pages on their hatred of the Speed Nerf, and general combat changes, and CCP seems to be blind that they are about to lose the few customers they have.

The live Dev Blog today was a joke, the also took away a great feature for you to be able to train a skill while your account was a sleep a feature that brought people back to play the game when they got to busy. This change doesn't effect me as I keep my accounts going, but a lot of people are upset, A LOT OF PEOPLE!

I could write 50 pages on the current flaws in Eve's game play mechanics, but this one patch alone will create 50 more pages, everything great comes to an end and they had a good run.

They are wide open for someone to come along with a game to replace this one! I have canceled my 4 accounts over these changes, and so have many others. EVE ONLINE is the game to avoid, starting now is only a waste of time!

If you read previous posts of mine that promote eve, just ignore them now.

-Paco a very sad panda former Eve Online customer
This comment was edited on Oct 16, 2008, 22:19.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Medal of Honor 10th Anniversary Edition
12. this is just dandy.. Sep 25, 2008, 17:46 PacoTaco

Woo hoo, bringing back the good ole days before EA let all the talented people leave, and they made decent games, couldn't they come up with catchy named like "10 years since we crushed our own dick in a door jam and gave the franchise to Activision Millennium Falcon Addition"? Maybe for BF franchise? Now only one product away from total failure. Keep the paddles on the chest boyz she still have life, just start firing all the dead beat managers and hire back the people who cared about making games, oh and let them do the job this time.

News Comments > Multi-GPU Issues
23. It's a rip off and always has been... Feb 10, 2008, 06:10 PacoTaco

I bought an extra card to test SLI on my own system, 580 for each 8800 ultra, after seeing the amazing 5 FPS increase in Crysis I took it back. I tried 3 different drivers, including a Beta driver for Crysis. All I could get was 5 FPS during the same tests, even with different features on or off, the difference in the FPS was at max 7 FPS, not worth a penny if you ask me. This test and trouble was gone through again after getting duel 6800's a few years ago, then noticing BF2 ran slower in SLI, I brought this up to the Nivida reps at the BF2 launch party and them admitting it's just marketing and the driver support isn't there for SLI, yet. "Yet" means never will happen because this was 4 years ago. I love Nvidia cards, and hardware, but the SLI thing is just for those people that have more money then sense, since most people don't run SLI in the world they never fix the drivers, but this same SLI trick has been going on since they bought 3dFX who HEY also had the Duel Voodoo setup that collects dust in a box somewhere in my home. Great marketing bad driver support!

SLI if you have two monitors? Hey let's reboot every time we want to switch to SLI or maybe use that second 24 inch wide screen, god loves me and hates me at the same time.

I just upgraded to the EVGA triple SLI board (awesome board), but I will never place a second card in this box again, 3 cards what is that 5 Xbox 360's worth of cards? 20 Wii's? 1500? LOL maybe then I will liquid cool my ass so when I poor gas all over myself, and then set myself on fire at least my prison "friends" will recognize me from my remains... in the great words of Kurt "I Love Shotguns" Cobain... RAPE ME.... RAPE ME AGAIN!

This comment was edited on Feb 10, 06:32.

News Comments > Hellgate London Lifetime Subscription Deadline
9. Your life time... Jan 21, 2008, 21:29 PacoTaco

could be longer then Hellgates... fun game but I am bored already... if it was doing well, then they would have ended the offer a long time ago.

News Comments > Star Trek Online Team Laid Off
32. Re: tanked Jan 19, 2008, 20:13 PacoTaco

I looked at your screen shots dismart looks like pretty old tech, or maybe just the art direction, good luck I dont think it will sell that well. You might check out Eve Online's new rendering engine and content, looks a lot better.

News Comments > Dead Space to PCs
5. Wow.. Jan 17, 2008, 02:21 PacoTaco

not that game, super I cant wait to play EA's Doom3 clone, I hope it has death match where you can play as Tiger Woody, or Maddenia, that would be sweeeeeeetness wrapped in bacon!

Long Live MC and Timmy, work hard, work fast. Badness to anyone named Bandy!

News Comments > ETQW Patch Delay
2. Re: No subject Dec 21, 2007, 21:29 PacoTaco

I only see 746 out of 2347 players playing this game using qtracker, I am surprised more people aren't into it? I had high hopes for this game being something I would buy, anyone who plays it please let me know why you think people are avoiding it, I figure it's COD4 and Crysis, and other games in this category, but I would like the hear any ideas anyone has.

News Comments > DNF Teaser Video Tomorrow
63. Will it have... Dec 19, 2007, 01:28 PacoTaco

Quests and place to meet people and sell things, and ride a dragon around? Maybe just a donkey? I always wanted to ride a donkey as a Duke, I didn't know they added the duke class to WOW but I cant wait to play as him. :-)

News Comments > EVE Online Expansion Next Week
14. Re: So whats this game like? Nov 28, 2007, 18:56 PacoTaco

This type of player will not last long in the game, I would love this feature as well, but thinking about it because they could do it, why don't they? Well if you are forced to log in you see you enemies, you see your friends, you can check your market orders all very quickly during a skill change it keeps you focused on the game, and the best part is it weeds out players that don't want to work for the bigger items in the game, like I said in my post you have to create your own goals, and the bigger they are the more you realize how much ISK you need to make them come true, you never have enough if you goals keep expanding, if they don't then you fall into this trap described in Lorcin post, I have seen it many times, another trap is thinking that you can fight before you can, getting your ship destroyed, then quitting, that more then anything seems to cut out the non hardcore.

Fly safe! o/

This comment was edited on Nov 28, 18:56.

News Comments > EVE Online Expansion Next Week
12. Another thing for new players... Nov 28, 2007, 18:30 PacoTaco

Do a search on YouTube, players have created movies of the fighting using Fraps, this way you can watch what you can do if you put in the time.

Some advice even if you are going to be a PVP player in the game you have to have a safe way to generate ISK, getting out to 0 space in a large Alliance will also help you learn quickly, and the isk is much better, but along with that comes the risk of being shot on site even what you would like to think of as safe space. I been playing for about a year, and I feel it's the most brutal game ever created along with the best game I have ever played, it's for very hardcore people, the grind is waiting for skills to end along with generating ISK (money)

My goal is to get a new ship to fly every month, and have the isk to buy it, and equip it. My favorite part of the game is trying out a new ship and seeing what I can do with it, testing it out in PVP.

I did mine when I first started, used the ore to build ships and sold those for more isk, also ratted the 0 space rats, used what they dropped to reprocess it into materials, then built and sold items that were worth more.

You have to create your own system to generate ISK to offset loses, the sooner you do that the happier you will be in this game. Your system can be a variety of things, people who have only played the game for a few weeks never really understand what is happening to them, and most important make new friends so they can help you out. I was really lucky I found people that knew the game well, and gave me pointers.

The new engine is a free upgrade if you have a video card that can run it, if you don't have one you still can play all the same new changes it just wont look as pretty. The test server already has the new engine running, along with the new graphics upgrades they look very nice. CCP did a great job, and I am very pleased as a player.

This comment was edited on Nov 28, 18:47.

News Comments > Open Letter to CCP
18. Re: Some thoughts... May 27, 2007, 17:20 PacoTaco

Yes, I read the posts before my response to it all. The Dev/QA/ ISD departments should not be allowed to play the game with the public, but if they do not change that policy, then cheating by those same people is not a surprise to me. Playing the game knowing these problems will always exist is part of the game for me, let's say I feel that even with cheating going on I can still "win" my definition of win = having fun blowing them up, mining ore, building things, ratting, fitting new ships and old, mission running, hanging with my online corp. mates, etc. Just because the cheaters are crazy enough to risk everything they have to cheat a bit here and there will end up costing them everything eventually including the entire player base if it happens to be CCP over and over, but I will still win / play until I see the entire game, or bore of it before then.

Even normal players boast of cheating on vent and other non in-game IM clients, cheating and getting away with it in life is just the way some people live their lives, and play games, it is human nature. When I hear about people cheating, ie: macro mining frauds, etc. I have a choice to report them or not interact with them anymore, etc just like real life, I always choose to not associate with them anymore, and move on, I do this because I am greedy with my playtime, and wasting it on them is pointless.

One thing I have learned is that it all comes around, cheating, lying, stealing, in real-life and in a game, you end up losing in the long run, watched and done it over and over again myself. The only people I want to continue to try to cheat is the US government, or anyone I consider being “the man” as they will always default to cheating, lying, starting wars, etc for no other reason then to make more money / gain more power then they will ever be able to use in their life times.

The real fight in life is for humanities freedom, and attempting to educate the unaware. My only question about these events would require a lot more data, seeing how many posts have been made about this subject, press coverage, player base number changes, subscription cancellations, on and on, only with that data could I see if this actually helps the game make more money or less.

What if it actually increases the player base by all the web coverage, and people becoming interested in the game because of it? Could it be a CCP plan to get free press around the world every few months? I tell you the first time I heard about Eve was when a scam artist stole billions to buy a mother ship BPO and then blew it up, I was like that’s crazy, and somewhat cool. A year later I was bored of FPS games, and started playing EVE, the evil seed took hold, and grew.

Who really knows, that’s why life is fun to live, you never know.

This comment was edited on May 27, 17:23.

News Comments > Open Letter to CCP
14. Some thoughts... May 27, 2007, 14:50 PacoTaco

deleted

This comment was edited on Feb 15, 2017, 00:35.

News Comments > Morning Preview
5. Get on the BETA program... May 24, 2007, 13:22 PacoTaco

If you can, people have been able to play this game for months.

News Comments > Battlefield 2 Update
37. Let's GO TO THE TOP.... Jun 3, 2006, 22:51 PacoTaco

Everyone email Larry the CEO lprobst@ea.com or plee@ea.com President of World Wide Studios, or anyone else that will throw the hammer down, fire the people who currently run this franchise for EA, and put someone in charge that actually gives a shit. It takes balls to not ship crap, everyone remembers that they held Bf2 for almost a year just to get it run as well as it did when released? That is not easy EA, they need that type of leadership again. These problems can be fixed, damit already.

PROTEST, and dont give them a dime of your money until they fix this game, it's a great if it just worked, after the patch it started taking almost 5 mins to connect to the player veri server, what the F? Again AGAIN? This happens everytime that change anything, the partnership with IGN / Gamespy is an F-ing joke, EA dosen't even control the dam thing it's GSI / IGN?

If you are having probelms with the internal useless browser, and like everyone else ASE died on me, THANKS YAHOO! Great! Started using Qtracker, it works very very well right now.

News Comments > Battlefield 2 Update
11. EAUK stop sucking already? Jun 3, 2006, 02:49 PacoTaco

Great thread about how EA has crapped on the BF players, good points.

http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=23892&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=150

News Comments > Battlefield 2 Patch
17. EA AND DICE ARE DEVILS... May 23, 2006, 13:36 PacoTaco

They are satan, we all know this, we dont realy care if they make good games.

So are we done now with this thread, and stuff?

228 Comments. 12 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo