Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for PacoTaco

Real Name PacoTaco   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 2, 2006, 09:19
Total Comments 197 (Novice)
User ID 24352

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Interviews
20. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 14, 2017, 20:44 PacoTaco

So they followed him to a situation where they got to work on failed project? Are about to get laid off and beg for the jobs at Epic they will never get back? Hmm. Genius.

I will give you a positive spin on it Nexon bought for it to be used outside the western market. Maybe it is doing better there.

As for the US market it had no chance against Blizzard / OverWatch.

Ended up being a B grade me to product they would have done better to take that juicy Tencent money and make another Unreal product not done by the community. With Cliffy leading it with his troop of loyal designers.

A lot of the people that stayed at Epic were super duper happy his drunken ass left. Still happy even after the failure of Fortnight and Paragon. :-)

Cliffy had a chance to be a great designer but the booze and ego ruined him, he also stopped working. The good news is he got a lot of money from the Tencent buy out so he and the other God of Games cover boys are going to be fine, maybe he can join American banging hot Asian chick sailing around China.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Interviews
16. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 14, 2017, 18:08 PacoTaco

Lovely day in the game industry.

Cliffy needs to start streaming Law Donkey so it will have more then 100 viewers on twitch.tv.

The only question left on this "effort" is who did Cliffy's job for him? Had to be tough on the bastards, had to dodge in between his raging alcoholic decisions while in the fetal position avoiding his cry baby attitude.

Rumor has it that most of the Epic guys had to finish his work for him on Gears and Unreal and do it in a way that didn't make him look bad.

Many of the designers celebrated at Epic the day he left.

News Comments > LawBreakers Roadmap
6. Re: LawBreakers Roadmap Sep 7, 2017, 12:53 PacoTaco

dam shame, what a surprise.  

News Comments > Tim Willits Calls QUAKE Design Dispute "Silly"
24. Re: Tim Willits Calls QUAKE Design Dispute Sep 5, 2017, 18:57 PacoTaco

If you look toward the arcade era several games had dedicated multiplayer modes and dedicated multiplayer maps. These were true 3D maps before Carmack ever got Wolf running on a PC.

Nobody at id software invented dedicated multiplayer maps in the video game industry.

ADD: I found the game I was thinking of, Steel Talons 1991 head to head helicopter game had dedicated head to head mode and maps to go with it. Virtual On Robot vs Robot game was later then I remembered. Cyberball was also head to head.

This comment was edited on Sep 5, 2017, 19:49.

News Comments > American McGee's Alice 3 Pitch
5. Re: American McGee's Alice 3 Pitch Sep 4, 2017, 20:57 PacoTaco

Alice 2 1.2 mil copies sold total over 3 platforms, 70 average review.

If EA wanted to do a follow up to the game they could do it anytime with an internal team and have a better chance at getting a good franchise started out of the effort.

Maybe hire American as a consultant, but he hasn't proven that he can lead a team to success.

News Comments > Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation
29. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 27, 2017, 00:54 PacoTaco

I am starting to think that people should stop posting news about this game seems like a crime in progress every time I watch an "update"  

News Comments > Quake Champions Early Access Next Week
10. Re: Quake Champions Early Access Next Week Aug 18, 2017, 05:04 PacoTaco

if you say so man, I predict 2m in sales on the ps4 and 1 mil on XBONE, PC will be 600k. Total failure compared to top FPS products in the genre. Might be a great game but a failure is a failure. They are not moving the genre forward I might give them credit recapturing the fun of Quake3 if I ever get that bored to try it.

ADD++ I just checked the sales of the modern doom and I am right on target for that product. Far from the 17 mil COD BO3 sold, and you know BO3 is still using code from Carmack and the boys. Sad right?

AD+++ I am just going to make this my final comment, I loved id software and love the games they made, so I take no joy from making these comments, I want them to do well and move the genre forward, but after Carmack left I felt it was over for id and haven't seen any evidence in products shipped that have changed my mind.

Re: Quake Champions Early Access Next Week Aug 18, 2017, 05:00 Theo

PacoTaco wrote on Aug 18, 2017, 04:56:
former ranked Quake 3 player, played id products since wolf 3d, halo was a pile of shit for console weenies that didn't know better. id took so long to ship doom3 that people already had better tech on the xbox those products made more money then doom3 did, now doom3 was a good single player game that could make you jump a few times but if you measure what happened with EA and Activision using the Quake 3 engine and what id did with their own code it a fucking joke how far they fell behind so fast when they were in first place they fell down and down. IW kicked ass, EA's MOH wrecked them, EA Bond AUF team wrecked them, all using Carmacks code. id failed to grow into a modern developer, they had very talented developers but no modern development methods, not enough bodies to generate content before the tech became passed by others in the case of Doom3. Trust me I know this all first hand.

does not change the fact that doom2016 and quake champions are both good games.

This comment was edited on Aug 18, 2017, 05:31.

8. Re: Quake Champions Early Access Next Week Aug 18, 2017, 04:56 PacoTaco

Hoop wrote on Aug 18, 2017, 01:27:

PacoTaco wrote on Aug 17, 2017, 23:17:
every press release makes me very sad of what id software has become. Everyone passed them by 2001. 16 years of failure.

Wrong
*Fake news everyone*
Doom 16 singleplayer is a masterpiece.
Now run off & play Halo with the other children.

former ranked Quake 3 player, played id products since wolf 3d, halo was a pile of shit for console weenies that didn't know better. id took so long to ship doom3 that people already had better tech on the xbox those products made more money then doom3 did, now doom3 was a good single player game that could make you jump a few times but if you measure what happened with EA and Activision using the Quake 3 engine and what id did with their own code it a fucking joke how far they fell behind so fast when they were in first place they fell down and down. IW kicked ass, EA's MOH wrecked them, EA Bond AUF team wrecked them, all using Carmacks code. id failed to grow into a modern developer, they had very talented developers but no modern development methods, not enough bodies to generate content before the tech became passed by others in the case of Doom3. Trust me I know this all first hand.

3. Re: Quake Champions Early Access Next Week Aug 17, 2017, 23:17 PacoTaco

every press release makes me very sad of what id software has become. Everyone passed them by 2001. 16 years of failure.  

News Comments > Paragon's Game-Changing New Dawn Update
6. Re: Paragon's Game-Changing New Dawn Update Aug 10, 2017, 00:30 PacoTaco

Its funny that they tried to reinvent the MOBA genre and nobody plays it when it has better art and engine the either DOTA2 or LoL. Keep 3rd person for console and split off the PC product and transform the camera to standard MOBA, and start tuning the PC to be more like DOTA and or LoL and hey you will start getting players on it.  

News Comments > LawBreakers Released
13. Re: LawBreakers Released Aug 8, 2017, 13:09 PacoTaco

hey they finally finished Unreal Tournament good job Epic.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 Delayed
24. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 Delayed Aug 1, 2017, 00:03 PacoTaco

On a positive note all those millions of dollars are going to employee what seem to be some talented people on an endless journey lost with no map. The map is of course destroy purposely and the endless journey continues.

I have never witnessed anything like this in my long game development career and salute Chris for enriching himself while working on a project he loves for almost 10 years with no end in sight. It is a historic effort.

The goal of this game project is to keep people employed not to ship a game or it would have been out years ago, and if it was liked generate revenue so it could be extended.

What I see in reviewing the "game play" footage is a bad FPS, Driving, Walking / Space Simulation all rolled into one with bad character art, the vehicles, planets, space ship art is nice but it looks like it runs poorly with even weaker basic game play.

That long interview with the producers just shows how well they are at presenting failure after failure.

So let me make sure I am clear, Chris jerks off into a cup at every creative meeting SPOILER ALERT AHEAD:

I want "CAAAAAAAAAAAAARGO", everyone writes it down.

Dev: Asks what would like Cargo to be Chris? "EVVVVVVVVVVVVERYTHING...." says Chris

Dev: Ok well Chris everything is a lot of work can we narrow that down?

Chris: (with a smile) "Let me ponder that question..." Meeting is over for now lads thank you all for your time.

Chris: Dear person who asked the question, may I speak to you for a moment?

Dev: Oh sure Chris.

Chris to Dev: "I don't think you are with the program or hold RSI values.

When I say I want cargo it means I want to have everything you need or can think of related to cargo specified to the microbe which will arm our team of lawyers if it comes to that.

With this detail every thought we could ever imagine about cargo is our shield.

Then I want drawings of every type of cargo!

Then models!

Then I want a prototype of cargo and years of work perhaps in 3-6 years we will know everything we can know about cargo!

Then only then can I decide if "cargo" is something that is needed in my glorious Universe, leaning forward, DO YOU UNDERSTAND me?

Dev, ah yeah of course Chris and I am sorry for a momentary slip in forgetting our core values, "milk em till they are dry like an English prostitute!" or another favorite "We will ship no actual game before you are ready to retire or die Chris our lord, savior and employer.

Chris: Amen, you may go.

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
1. Re: New GeForce Drivers Jun 30, 2017, 05:22 PacoTaco

Looks bad, pass.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Trailer
6. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Trailer Jun 13, 2017, 17:03 PacoTaco

The pattern continues... Trey extends the franchise to a new level, IW takes it down to a pile of shit, and Sledge brings it back up to almost the level it was before the IW product. They even stole the BF1 shovel attack. Some of the mounted down sight cross hairs look a little crappy or low res but besides that it is a winner. 20+ million copies will be sold.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Multiplayer DLC Trial Pack
1. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Multiplayer DLC Trial Pack Jun 1, 2017, 00:29 PacoTaco

If you made a version of the game tuned for PC players not console players you might get players away from CS:GO and Overwatch. Nobody on PC cares about COD because COD does not care about PC customers. Low Skilled Console monkeys are your audience you could give the entire product away for free and still not many would play it because the content was not designed for PC players.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Free Weekend
7. Re: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Free Weekend May 20, 2017, 11:09 PacoTaco

Please post again when they start paying you to play COD. Free isn't a good enough deal.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Continuum Announced
1. Re: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Continuum Announced Apr 5, 2017, 02:14 PacoTaco

not exactly death of a franchise but getting warmer.  

News Comments > Quake Champions Trailer
4. Re: Quake Champions Trailer Apr 5, 2017, 02:14 PacoTaco

I would like to remember id software from the good old days this is painful to see.  

News Comments > Quake Champions Trailer
2. Re: Quake Champions Trailer Mar 17, 2017, 01:12 PacoTaco

RIP id software you were a great company once.  

News Comments > More Apocalypse Now Crowdfunding
6. Re: More Apocalypse Now Crowdfunding Feb 15, 2017, 00:24 PacoTaco

One of the greatest books of all time turned into one of the greatest movies of all time turned in stupidest pitch for a game I have ever seen. God help who ever funds this, they have no prototype, no design, no engineers, nobody that seems to know what they are doing. Do yourself a favor if you want to have fun with this money just take it outside or inside your home and set it on fire, you will get more out of it then what these scam jokers will do with it. Francis please find some good people if you are really going to do this. I could do a better pitch for this game in a day with a working prototype in a few days solo with nobody giving me a dime. What the fuck are people that dumb?  

197 Comments. 10 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo