Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for PacoTaco

Real Name PacoTaco   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 2, 2006, 09:19
Total Comments 146 (Novice)
User ID 24352

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

News Comments > DOOM Trailer
14. Re: DOOM Trailer Mar 25, 2016, 06:34 PacoTaco

Yes I agree with both of you the world caught up and passed them on Single player games, other teams used the Quake 3 engine better then id ended up using it. Quake 3 was a great engine and I loved Quake 1-3 along with the first 2 Dooms. id production methods fell behind as the content density increased they had great talent but not enough of it to finish a game before the tech became old, Doom3 was 2 years later then it should have been. Rage tech was just a bad idea for console development, and since then they have nothing but slowly fade into the past.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Medal of Honor Pacific Assault Free on Origin
2. Re: Medal of Honor Pacific Assault Free on Origin Mar 24, 2016, 19:10 PacoTaco

It never ran well on anyones machine ever... it is a pile of shit code stitched together with duct tape and EA flavored bubblegum. This title was originally named Pacific Assault: Death of a Franchise. Only reason to get it is for historical reason of what not to do with an FPS franchise.  

News Comments > DOOM Trailer
1. Re: DOOM Trailer Mar 24, 2016, 19:04 PacoTaco

feels bad man... no excitement at all to bad id died when carmack left waste time on VR.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Outer Rim Trailer
8. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Outer Rim Trailer Mar 18, 2016, 03:33 PacoTaco

Agree. Then have been doing this since Battlefield 2 which is why they never have a game last and turn into a large player base. Take the small profit and run is the method and again fucks themselves in the end.  

News Comments > Lawmakers Dropping F2P; Launching on Steam
11. Re: Lawmakers Dropping F2P; Launching on Steam Mar 18, 2016, 03:29 PacoTaco

Hear the title LawBreakers and you think its going to be some cool retro.. oh the screen shots... oh... ah who the fuck cares.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Multiplayer Starter Pack
6. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Multiplayer Starter Pack Feb 16, 2016, 18:42 PacoTaco

Player count is so low they are trying anything to get people to play.  

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
1. Re: New GeForce Drivers Feb 16, 2016, 09:16 PacoTaco

Woopie.. sure wish Nvidia made something I needed to buy, can play everything with a 4 year old video card.  

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Matchmaking Changes
13. Re: Heroes of the Storm Matchmaking Changes Jan 15, 2016, 17:53 PacoTaco

Blizzard has never made a good moba, many people tried and continue to try to change the formula for mobas and they have all have failed.

30 mil LoL must like something about farming and the depth and ramp that this one mechanic alone create every game.

I have talked to many game designers about this topic and they all think that removing farming is the key to cracking the Riot code because you are making it easier for players.

What you are doing is removing all forms of dueling and skill it takes to last hit and prevent people from last hitting, wave management, and all sorts of other things. When you start with nothing and have to work your way up in a race every game you have more commitment making that work count for a win. If you don't it feels hollow, shallow, and boring.

I personally told Blizzard about this told them it was a mistake to do it 2 years before the game shipped. Still think its a mistake. Will always think it is a mistake!

When you are going to challenge the top dog in a genre both of which came from mod communities CS and DOTA you have to keep the core and add something new.

Do the blizzard designers have the capabilities to beat the champion designers at Valve and Riot, no.

Do Blizzard have the ability to beat Valve and Riot at art and other content I would say much better chance since most of the champions have been ripped off from original Blizzard designs based on them ripping off GamesWork Shop.

My suggestion to teams trying to beat Riot is think about ideas that make the players feel like a pro player while playing. Thats the dream of a lot of players is to get that one great moment they can remember. What moment is great in HOTS? woo we bludgeoned you to death as we pile together and jerk each other off.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Sells 1.4M
11. Re: Elite: Dangerous Sells 1.4M Jan 14, 2016, 11:42 PacoTaco

It is great to see a company scoop up all the money left on the ground by companies like CCP and the never to be finished greatest scam ever Star Citizen.

God speed to you Elite team! You earned my respect and my money!

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Matchmaking Changes
4. Re: Heroes of the Storm Matchmaking Changes Jan 14, 2016, 11:37 PacoTaco

Its great they are trying to fix things they see are wrong but the core concept of the game is flawed, no farming, no shop, so boring. MOBA's have core tenants and they ignored them all. Map design, theme design for many aspects just fall short or seem misdirected. Time for a leadership change on this product and radical new way of thinking. You wont beat Dota2 or LoL with this pile of pretty shit.

Same thing with Paragon, it will be DOA. Prove you can make a good MOBA then try to change the formula, until then don't fucking bother.

News Comments > EVE: Valkyrie Testing This Month
2. Re: EVE: Valkyrie Testing This Month Jan 6, 2016, 20:44 PacoTaco

Glad to see CCP spent most of the Eve subs on a Vampire game that never shipped now as a last breath dumping the rest into a soon to fail VR gamble, where they rip more content out of the only game they have made money with and re ship it to the hungry 10 people that can afford or want a VR headset.

Suck a dick CCP...

News Comments > Oculus Rift $599
33. Re: Oculus Rift $599 Jan 6, 2016, 14:41 PacoTaco

Many of the beta testers complain of head aches, blindness, PTSD symptoms, shrinkage, desire to punch a pony in the face, Carmackian speech issues, and suicidal thoughts at being ripped off by once game creators that sold their souls to jerk off for the past 5 years instead of making great games we could be playing right now.  

News Comments > Op Ed
39. Re: Op Ed Jan 3, 2016, 09:04 PacoTaco

CliffyB was sober enough to write something? Is this the same guy that is working on Battleborn?

Oh dam it aint even him some dude ripped off his name.

This comment was edited on Jan 3, 2016, 09:17.

News Comments > Red5 Misses Payroll
19. Re: Red5 Misses Payroll Dec 29, 2015, 06:49 PacoTaco

Game has a few cool things, but this game should have been shut down 2 years ago. It never made money, was never going to make money.

I feel bad for the devs not getting paid on Christmas. You are working for assholes that is the only conclusion.

Hard time to find a new job but use the time you have off to polish your CV's.

As the great Jedi master once said, "Mind what you have learned, save you it can."

News Comments > Gigantic Delayed; Motiga Layoffs
4. Re: Gigantic Delayed; Motiga Layoffs Dec 7, 2015, 16:47 PacoTaco

Game looked interesting, but seems that nobody has a clue how to beat Riot or Valve. So much wasted effort.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Trailer; Arena Commander Free Demo
43. Re: Star Citizen Trailer; Arena Commander Free Demo Dec 5, 2015, 02:59 PacoTaco

You can see in the trailer that it runs just enough to make a trailer, not even a good trailer. I so much want this game to be good, but I dont have much hope for it, but never did.  

News Comments > Firefall Developer Layoffs
4. Re: Firefall Developer Layoffs Nov 24, 2015, 12:38 PacoTaco

I had a lot of fun the first 2 weeks of playing building up my one suit then they changed everything around, they didnt have enough content to make me want to start all over again, the PvP part of the game was horrible and sad, I really wanted to love the game but it got grindy and boring very quickly. After the 2 patch during my time the dev direction seemed to be lost. I never gave them any money and never trusted them to give them any money. Bye Bye Red 5 you had tons of chances.  

News Comments > Activision Buys King Digital; Releases Q3 Financials
9. Re: Activision Buys King Digital; Releases Q3 Financials Nov 3, 2015, 11:23 PacoTaco

"Goddamn, can you fucking believe 5.9B for candy crush????

just imagine for a moment, if they spent that on new IPs, you could pay 5900 developers $100k a year EACH for 10 years. I'm pretty sure you could build something more impressive than candy crush with that army. But when has Acti-Bliz gambled on anything that doesn't have a proven multi-billion dollar revenue stream lately?

Just like Valve, who literally haven't had an original thought since the original Half-Life (count em: CounterStrike, Team Fortress, Portal, Left4Dead, Dota2, ALL based off of mods which Valve bought out).

The lesson here is clear: don't take chances. Companies who actually employ developers like EA and Ubisoft take chances, and lots of their games are shit. But the public has spoken, they'd rather have a money-grubbing corp like Valve or Acti-Bliz spoon-feed them dumbed-down test-audience-approved, over-marketed, lowest-common-denominator pieces of shovelware."

I agree with everything you are saying including Ubisoft taking more chances but EA come on, they buy every IP and destroy most of them in the process and the devs along with them.

Even everything related to BattleField was done by an outside developer named DICE and bought by EA all based on Code Name Eagle.

News Comments > Activision Buys King Digital; Releases Q3 Financials
8. Re: Activision Buys King Digital; Releases Q3 Financials Nov 3, 2015, 11:18 PacoTaco

Can anyone do the math on how much Candy needs to be sold to break even on this deal? Must be 1000 clones of Candy Crush at this point and done mostly by terrible devs.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Trailer
5. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Trailer Nov 1, 2015, 21:12 PacoTaco

Great trailer, funniest yet. Does it mean the game is good? Not really but they make good trailers. :-)  

146 Comments. 8 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo