Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for PacoTaco

Real Name PacoTaco   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 2, 2006, 09:19
Total Comments 197 (Novice)
User ID 24352

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

News Comments > Report: Gazillion Firing Staff; Ending Marvel Heroes Even Earlier
4. Re: Report: Gazillion Firing Staff; Ending Marvel Heroes Even Earlier Nov 23, 2017, 12:47 PacoTaco

hey they are still hiring... free lunch and shuttles oh my.

https://www.gazillion.com/careers#careers-listing

Seriously sorry to folks reading this that got laid off, hate to see another Bay Area company get taken down, sucks that it happened before Thanksgiving. If you aren't getting paid for your OT and vacation group up and sue them, and sue Disney. That is total 100% bullshit.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Free Brütal Legend
7. Re: Free Brütal Legend Nov 21, 2017, 01:13 PacoTaco

Thank you Black Friday Jesus I wanted another crappy game from 10 years ago. Why you complain it free? Why WHY dont you like free? Free you cant complain.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Controversy Affects EA Stock and NFS Payback
18. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Controversy Affects EA Stock and NFS Payback Nov 21, 2017, 01:10 PacoTaco

Incoming EA layoff announcement 4th quarter: Due the poor blah performance blah reception of loot crates we have to cut 1200 staff members that make the games while we pay ourselves some bonuses!

God speed to all our former employees! We will also shut down Respawn which we just bought we feel it will make a better future for EA share holders.

Finally we have decided to out source all of our development to EA China where we can hire 15 employees for the price of one.

We expect to see great first quarter growth, thank you!

News Comments > New AMD Drivers (Sort Of)
5. Re: New AMD Drivers (Sort Of) Nov 14, 2017, 12:43 PacoTaco

Beamer wrote on Nov 14, 2017, 09:39:
PacoTaco wrote on Nov 14, 2017, 09:30:
Where are the improvements for CliffyB's Law Breakers - they broke 500 concurrent players during the free weekend! Where is the love AMD, where? Let's move some units you need to keep your finger on the pulse of the industry.

Do you just come here to mock Lawbreakers? Who is more sad, the guy that made a game no one played, or the guy spending so much of his time mocking it based on a grudge that's now over a decade old?

I am always available to do text comedy about Lawbreakers it is always easy, effortless and a lot of fun.

What grudge? Do you think anyone knows who I am? CliffyB knows me? The dream.

Speaking of wasted time: 16443 comments on Blues? Jesus man.

This comment was edited on Nov 14, 2017, 13:08.

News Comments > New AMD Drivers (Sort Of)
3. Re: New AMD Drivers (Sort Of) Nov 14, 2017, 09:30 PacoTaco

Where are the improvements for CliffyB's Law Breakers - they broke 500 concurrent players during the free weekend! Where is the love AMD, where? Let's move some units you need to keep your finger on the pulse of the industry.  

News Comments > For Honor, LawBreakers, and Squad Free This Weekend
7. Re: For Honor, LawBreakers, and Squad Free This Weekend Nov 11, 2017, 22:17 PacoTaco

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 11, 2017, 19:38:
Wow, I think it's officially time to throw in the towel when a free weekend can't get you more than 500 concurrent players...

All the free content you can play these days what does this game offer? 12 year old FPS mechanics that you can play today for free in a modified version of Unreal Tournament? OW, PubG, CSGO, BF1, CODWWII, Fortnight oh my.

The good news is Cliffy's ego got deflated by 5.2 percent maybe he can try to design a game that people will care to try if he is sober enough.

News Comments > For Honor, LawBreakers, and Squad Free This Weekend
2. Re: For Honor, LawBreakers, and Squad Free This Weekend Nov 11, 2017, 15:35 PacoTaco

born2expire wrote on Nov 11, 2017, 14:46:
so lawbreakers player count may break 3 digits this weekend?

The HYPE IS REAL! 100 players would be a milestone! LETS GO!

News Comments > LawBreakers Free Weekend
7. Re: LawBreakers Free Weekend Nov 9, 2017, 11:55 PacoTaco

Do they ever do we will pay you play our piece of shit game weekends? I might be tempted, 200$ an hour to start for first 8 hours then $1000 for OT of my gaming soul. All 29 of us are ready.  

News Comments > Why Call of Duty Reenlisted in WWII
7. Re: Why Call of Duty Reenlisted in WWII Nov 9, 2017, 11:51 PacoTaco

It should read, we were happy to do Advanced Warfare 2 until EA shipped BF1 then we shit our pants and panicked. We forced Sledge Hammer to do a WWII version, so give me credit for doing that and please do not let Bobby fire me.  

News Comments > CCP Layoffs: Dropping VR; Closing Studios
3. Re: CCP Layoffs: Dropping VR; Closing Studios Oct 30, 2017, 17:51 PacoTaco

I don't see CCP turning around the company until they make changes to the Executive staff, they have been making poor decisions for 11+ years wasting all the sub money they were getting from Eve Online.  

News Comments > LawBreakers All-Star Update
20. Re: LawBreakers All-Star Update Oct 20, 2017, 00:19 PacoTaco

All 5 players jump for joy! WOOO HOOO lets GO! WE GOT IT FINALLY WE GOT IT! Thank you CliffyB  

News Comments > Another Star Citizen: Squadron 42 Delay?
30. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Oct 16, 2017, 13:53 PacoTaco

Darks wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 11:29:
Blues, in all seriousness, you should really not report anything about this game. Its a burden on the eyes to even see or hear anything about this game, and that's coming from someone who backed this piece of shit.

All I'm saying is that you shouldn't prop this POS game up. Its nothing more then bloat ware and over hyped. Roberts Ego is large enough already.

+1 - Each post about this game should come with a disclaimer -

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Live-Action Trailer
4. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Live-Action Trailer Oct 16, 2017, 13:46 PacoTaco

WTF is this shit? God dam waste of money. Isn't it racist to have checkbox for every type of person and check each box? How dumb are people that don't see right through this shit.  

News Comments > Will Lawbreakers Go Free-to-Play?
13. Re: Will Lawbreakers Go Free-to-Play? Oct 14, 2017, 18:37 PacoTaco

I was under the impression that Nexon bought this title because they wanted to use it in net cafes and they had a plan for that.

If you just list the products Law Donkey has to fight through to get player count it is a very hard fight and the game brings nothing to the fight.

The competition isn't just limited to FPS's it is all the games that people are willing to spend time on or even watch.

Right now as of this message one stream has 141 viewers 2 other are live with a total of 12 viewers, nobody cares, it will get a slight pop if it went free but capturing players is a rough road and they missed the window. They needed to design the game to take more risk and do something that nobody else offers. Oh this stream with 132 viewers is a Dreamhack Tournament maybe after it is over the viewer count will even drop lower.

PubG
OverWatch
Battlefield
COD
League of Legends
DOTA2
CS:GO
Rocket League
Fortnight
HeartStone

News Comments > Psychonauts 2 Gameplay Video
7. Re: Psychonauts 2 Gameplay Video Oct 9, 2017, 01:27 PacoTaco

Did you review the art test they had before this? If you compare the two movies did this movie take a step back or forward?

B team putting out a C+ product so far, but I give everyone many chances I hope to see improvement next round.

Jerykk wrote on Oct 8, 2017, 20:13:
Speak for yourself. I've been in game development for years.

I'm not sure why you'd expect final assets for anything within the first year of development. Assets aren't finalized until alpha at the earliest. This isn't even pre-alpha yet. Most of the first year is spent on writing, paper design, gameplay prototyping, concept art, storyboards, level blockouts, etc. In a platformer, finalizing the character's move set and traversal standards needs to happen first, then level designers block out the levels based on said standards, then artists make the levels pretty. Artists shouldn't be making final assets for anything until the first two steps are completed or else they'll have to redo a lot of work.

What I see in the video looks like first-pass art, which is appropriate because it is in fact first-pass art. Making final level art for a platformer before gameplay standards have been finalized would be idiotic. Also, the level takes place in a quarry so yes, there is a lot of grey. I wouldn't be too worried about the rest of the game's color palette.

5. Re: Psychonauts 2 Gameplay Video Oct 8, 2017, 07:01 PacoTaco

I understand game dev better then you do. Trust me, much much much better then you do. :-)

The art test was a previous video you can find it on DF youtube channel. That art test video looked like a hard unpolished B.

This looks like a unpolished C, they had 12 months almost, not one moment in this latest video do you see any element finished. Feels like a step back from the Art test, and the character is still underwhelming compared to other Unreal 4 engine products.

I could break it down more but who cares either it will get better or it wont. Right now it looks worse then I expected with this much time to set the bar.

BTW if you are confused on the importance of a paper design for a level or the use of it, in no way does the paper design stop the art team from producing final assets. The concept art and theme drive asset creation not the paper design of the level. Once the the have theme and concept locked you spend more time to generate all the art element concepts, which can be handed to the modelers.

The paper design is a good start to a grey block of the level but in all my years no level has every been fun or worth playing if it followed the paper design with no grey block.

Anyway I hope they do well to recover from the slow start.

Jerykk wrote on Oct 7, 2017, 22:02:
PacoTaco wrote on Oct 7, 2017, 13:22:
Hard to tell by this video what where the final quality will land.

This work looks C+ including the character, right now the level is very grey but you can tell it has no final lighting, the objects look WIP.

Seems like after almost a year they would have a small section of a full level finished, not just the art test they showed before.

What they showed is going to be the main hub area of the game. It's not just an art test. Also, pre-production takes up the majority of the first year. That's where you finish the paper design and lay out the foundations before committing to full production of assets.

Really wish people had a better understanding of game development. I guess that's why devs are so hesitant to show anything that isn't basically finished.

1. Re: Psychonauts 2 Gameplay Video Oct 7, 2017, 13:22 PacoTaco

Hard to tell by this video what where the final quality will land.

This work looks C+ including the character, right now the level is very grey but you can tell it has no final lighting, the objects look WIP.

Seems like after almost a year they would have a small section of a full level finished, not just the art test they showed before.

News Comments > LawBreakers Free Weekend Underway
2. Re: LawBreakers Free Weekend Underway Sep 28, 2017, 20:36 PacoTaco

Overon wrote on Sep 28, 2017, 20:21:
They are trying you have to give them that.

LoL you mean Nexon wants reverse time and wishes they never partnered with BK, and the utter failure of Law Breakers?

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Story Trailer
2. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Story Trailer Sep 18, 2017, 21:34 PacoTaco

Rebirth of a franchise, thanks IW for making SH look so good. 1.1 bil cHAAA CHING.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
23. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 15, 2017, 17:26 PacoTaco

CliffyB has treated many people poorly for decades and made a lot of money despite his shortcomings as a designer, worker, alcoholic, and leader of men. I have no pity for him or the people who follow him.

Beamer wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 22:45:
PacoTaco wrote on Sep 14, 2017, 20:44:
So they followed him to a situation where they got to work on failed project? Are about to get laid off and beg for the jobs at Epic they will never get back? Hmm. Genius.

I will give you a positive spin on it Nexon bought for it to be used outside the western market. Maybe it is doing better there.

As for the US market it had no chance against Blizzard / OverWatch.

Ended up being a B grade me to product they would have done better to take that juicy Tencent money and make another Unreal product not done by the community. With Cliffy leading it with his troop of loyal designers.

A lot of the people that stayed at Epic were super duper happy his drunken ass left. Still happy even after the failure of Fortnight and Paragon. :-)

Cliffy had a chance to be a great designer but the booze and ego ruined him, he also stopped working. The good news is he got a lot of money from the Tencent buy out so he and the other God of Games cover boys are going to be fine, maybe he can join American banging hot Asian chick sailing around China.

I would wager I know more people at Epic than you, and didn't know any who were happy. Which also makes sense, a large, large bulk of the design team quit that day. Some with him, some elsewhere.

You're also moving goalposts here, about the failure of the product. That wasn't your initial statement, it was that he was a drunk and people hated him. Objectively, that isn't true. Not sure what sources you think you have, likely wholly anonymous. I mean, I suppose I am, too, but I've actually been in that building numerous times. Cliff was well liked. Everyone there was well liked.

197 Comments. 10 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo