Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nameo

Real Name Nameo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DarkCntry
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 29, 2006, 02:29
Total Comments 692 (Apprentice)
User ID 24330

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars: Imperial Commando Rumor
1. Re: Star Wars: Imperial Commando Rumor Jan 25, 2016, 19:55 DarkCntry

Not holding my breath, but if it does come to pass and it's just as good as Republic Commando, I'll be very happy.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Naval Action Early Access
2. Re: Naval Action Early Access Jan 21, 2016, 19:40 DarkCntry

Cutter wrote on Jan 21, 2016, 19:25:
Could be good. But $55...for an EA game? Hahahaha!

Uh, ok Cutter...0 for 2 on that.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
45. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jan 21, 2016, 03:18 DarkCntry

sdgundamx wrote on Jan 21, 2016, 02:59:
Hipster?!?! AHAHAHAHA!

If you knew me in RL you'd know I'm anything but a hipster.

But please continue to post your uninformed assumptions and pathetic rants at other people's inability to sympathize with your obsession in demonizing a woman who had the audacity to criticize some video games.

Your tears are delicious.

Is it really demonizing when the person in question is demonizing an entire userbase of a specific category? I mean, if she brings up Bayonetta as an example of the reason of her ire any more all she's going to do is further show that she is neither an actual feminist, nor anyone intelligent enough to actually research source material.

18. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jan 20, 2016, 15:04 DarkCntry

Quboid wrote on Jan 20, 2016, 14:53:
DarkCntry wrote on Jan 20, 2016, 14:29:
If you're talking about Quiet, then you really should look into the series before scapegoating it. Her attire is due to genetic modifications done to her, much like the rest of the whack-a-doodle Kojima-isms in the series.

That was Kojima's rational and it was insulting. Isn't "The End" another Kojima-ism? He's a character with the same genetic modifications yet I'm fairly sure he doesn't wear a bikini, do yoga for the camera, wraith around in the rain or generally act like a stripper.

That's an insult to my intelligence. I *am* above that sort of transparent titillation and Kojima's explanation is to treat us like gullible fools. Quiet, and that pathetic excuse, is exactly why this sort of thing exists and if seeing through such a feeble lie is pretentious smug douchebaggery, sign me up!

EVERY Kojima-created character has had some really whacked-out reasoning behind their actions/activities/attire/etc, I mean, this is a game series that contains a guy getting possessed by a cloned arm...Quiet is effectively Kojima's Poison Ivy in almost every way.

News Comments > Darkest Dungeon Released
8. Re: Darkest Dungeon Released Jan 20, 2016, 14:30 DarkCntry

Moog wrote on Jan 20, 2016, 05:29:
Picked it up in the Steam sale and got a refund 30m later when I found there was no "out of combat" healing!

Ridiculous design decision which made it no fun at all!

Congrats, you have no actual comprehension of the game and the usage of food...or even the camp mechanic on larger excursions.

15. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jan 20, 2016, 14:29 DarkCntry

siapnar wrote on Jan 20, 2016, 14:14:
Christ harlock, you're such a douchebag

I see it's the cool thing to do to rag on this chick, but she does have a point in that video games over-sexualizing women. Some of the ways games cater to teenager or early twenties guys is truly pathetic.

For instance, that character in MGS. Dunno her name, never played the series

If you're talking about Quiet, then you really should look into the series before scapegoating it. Her attire is due to genetic modifications done to her, much like the rest of the whack-a-doodle Kojima-isms in the series.

As for the statement before the MGS one, shall we focus on some great works of art through the eons? You know, where most were overtly sexualized for the sole purpose of being sexual?

News Comments > etc., etc.
7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Watch Dogs; First Reviews Jan 20, 2016, 04:05 DarkCntry

Let's see...

I like how she doesn't talk about the naked Raiden bit in MGS2...

Or that Catwoman in the Arkham series is actually understylized from the Catwoman of the comics...

Or that you can actually get Batman's ass straight and center with minimal effort...

I mean, this is her MO in that she doesn't give balanced perspectives, but still, even this is so out-of-balance that it makes me wonder why she even tries.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 14, 2016, 02:49 DarkCntry

Retired wrote on Jan 13, 2016, 21:43:
YouTube mega-star PewDiePie starts his own video network.

And no one with an above average IQ cared......to bad morons spend money and think dribble is funny.

There is some irony in that reply....

News Comments > EA Launches Origin Access Subscriptions
38. Re: EA Launches Origin Access Subscriptions Jan 13, 2016, 08:08 DarkCntry

If it's like the Xbone's version, they might have a discounted yearly option...

I think it's $5/mth or $30/yr on the Xbone....

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Patch Status
3. Re: Just Cause 3 Patch Status Dec 3, 2015, 11:27 DarkCntry

Shok wrote on Dec 3, 2015, 10:47:
Most annoying issue I have is not being able to fire weapons until a push off/elbow animation completes first. This happens every time I fire a weapon. Maybe it's a corrupted save but since all we get is a checkpoint save system I can't load anything earlier...

My only real issue is that whenever I start the game I have like an 80% chance that it creates a massive audio distortion/crackle that persists no matter what I do. Restarting the game has an ok chance of fixing it, but not guaranteed.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
12. Re: Evening Safety Dance Nov 25, 2015, 17:10 DarkCntry

Creston wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 15:45:
DarkCntry wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 12:43:
Creston wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 11:09:
Not a conspiracy, but it does seem fairly coincidental that MS (can) make(s) money off those settings.

Only one is an actual 'money maker' and that's the Ad ID one...even then that's pretty debatable. SmartScreen is basically malware 'protection', and Device Sync has absolutely no revenue potential.

Doesn't Device Sync do just that? Sync all your settings to all your devices? So they turn on the (alleged, I'll give you that) money makers, and then turn on Device Sync so the turning on of the alleged money maker gets synced to all your devices?

I don't really care one way or the other, but when it's such a specific set of settings that get turned back on, I'm not that eager to grab the "Oh, it was just a mistake." (Especially since it was the second or third such mistake of its kind in a row?)

I'm far more willing to believe that they try to sneak it through only to go "OOPS!" when the internet finds out again.

Device Sync does a few things, but it's not so much 'settings' that get synced but things like favorites/bookmarks/etc.

The thing is is if they were trying to be all about stealth-enabling revenue generators then they'd be best suited doing things that actually do the revenue stream. The Ad ID thing is a middle-man ID that they offer out for ads, it doesn't inherently offer anything identifiable to anyone.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 25, 2015, 13:02 DarkCntry

Bill Borre wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 12:59:
I think rather than try to punish bad players they should look into designing games that reward players for teamwork. For example, they could track some kind of ratio of attempts at completing an instance over completions and reward the better cooperative players with goodies the others don't get.

Toxic players != bad players, they are players that make it difficult for others to enjoy the game if they aren't playing up to the Toxic player's own opinion of quality...so rewarding good playing doesn't help in this case.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: HuniePot Offers Koei $1 Million To Publish Dead Or Alive Xtreme 3 In America Nov 25, 2015, 12:57 DarkCntry

McIntosh is either trying too hard at trolling, or is completely delusional. Either way, reading his last 24h of tweets has made my brain want to literally expel itself from my brain, create its own method of locomotion, and then evacuate this planet.

Honestly, the dude has started ripping on The Civil War teaser trailer as some form of 'masculinity violence brigade' bullshit. I'm not sure I could facepalm with enough force to show the level of total disbelief I have.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
8. Re: Evening Safety Dance Nov 25, 2015, 12:43 DarkCntry

Creston wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 11:09:
Not a conspiracy, but it does seem fairly coincidental that MS (can) make(s) money off those settings.

Only one is an actual 'money maker' and that's the Ad ID one...even then that's pretty debatable. SmartScreen is basically malware 'protection', and Device Sync has absolutely no revenue potential.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
6. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Nov 22, 2015, 10:18 DarkCntry

Kosumo wrote on Nov 21, 2015, 19:51:
Don't live in the UnitedPolice States of America

Or basically any other 1st World country....

News Comments > No More WoW Numbers
26. Re: No More WoW Numbers Nov 4, 2015, 13:25 DarkCntry

El Pit wrote on Nov 4, 2015, 13:21:
nin wrote on Nov 4, 2015, 13:03:
El Pit wrote on Nov 4, 2015, 12:56:
Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 4, 2015, 12:23:
Still more wow than any other MMO to date.

But no longer wow enough to tell the public. This truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

I can't imagine any dev that wouldn't kill to have a game as successful as wow, even with it waning.

True! It's still a cash cow, although it is slowly going down. But it's kind of funny that ActiBlizz is trying to hide this. Whatever. Never played WoW and never will unless it will go free to play in its final phase.

I wouldn't say "hide" is the correct word, but obfuscate would be more apt. The reasoning behind this may be as simple as "we know our numbers aren't 10s of millions anymore, so instead of giving off the impression that the game is dying, we'll just stop announcing subscriber numbers".

News Comments > Paragon Revealed
10. Re: Paragon Revealed Nov 4, 2015, 11:22 DarkCntry

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 4, 2015, 09:15:
ViRGE wrote on Nov 4, 2015, 01:31:
Alamar wrote on Nov 3, 2015, 20:35:
ViRGE wrote on Nov 3, 2015, 20:12:
Am I missing something or is the game genre not even described?

'Reveal a char a week' screams MOBA (Ugh) or whatever Overwatch is...
What are we classifying Overwatch as, anyhow?

To view this user's posts click on the username.

I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say that Parker here has gone and called it shit/garbage/crap or some variation of the statement...if so, it just reinforces the notion that it was a good idea to ignore them.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Trailer
14. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Trailer Nov 4, 2015, 03:22 DarkCntry

DangerDog wrote on Nov 3, 2015, 23:46:
or buy the game, enjoy it for three solid weeks and then move on to the next shiny new thing.

Pretty much my mentality. I'm going to buy it anyways, and since I get busy with real life commitments, the action of pre-ordering just takes one thing off my menu of to-do's. If I get tchotchkes from doing it, so-be-it, but I'm not doing it because of that.

News Comments > Activision Buys King Digital; Releases Q3 Financials
32. Re: Activision Buys King Digital; Releases Q3 Financials Nov 4, 2015, 03:16 DarkCntry

Slick wrote on Nov 3, 2015, 22:13:
then I guess... enjoy your $5.9B purchase of CandyCrush! everytime you've given Acti-Bliz a dollar, you've basically been funding this deal. that's where your dollars go.

Well then, I guess you're one to not give money to any company, seeing as after-all, they are all using whatever money they gain to further expand their 'territory' in their markets, be it ActiBlizz or EA, or even McDonalds.

If you can't understand the difference between spending money on your own studios, developing new IPs, and generally trying to push gaming forward... and paying $5.9B for fucking candy crush, then you might just be too far gone for help.

If you cannot understand the concept of how businesses are run, then I might suggest not commenting on them. You keep parroting the whole cost of what they spent to purchase King without knowing that they have more than just Candy Crush, they also have millions of instilled users and teams of development staff already established and understanding of their market.

ActiBlizz has been looking to break into the mobile market (much like every other game company) and they went about it in a way that, normally, isn't a big deal.

You vote with your dollars, and you're obviously okay with a company taking zero chances, pushing out a watered down lowest-common-denominator rehash every 3 years. Oh and the billions they'll make off this garbage? You can rest assured that it will be well spent. Rolleyes

Zero chances? Sorry, but c'mon...Overwatch and Heroes are two new games entering a very saturated market, and both of them in their own ways are doing better in their early life cycles against their bigger contenders. Overwatch, which just entered closed 'testing' is garnering better marks than TF2 in the sense that it's a game that allows differing skill levels of players to play together and to actually contribute, where-as TF2 is well-known for being top dog and uses a high skill ceiling for the good players to the point that newer players are left so far in the dust that they couldn't contribute even if they tried.

I mean, really, you show just how ignorant of business you are here by showing an obvious bias, especially since you keep claiming "taking zero chances".

I'd rather give my income to publishers who A) take risks, B) employ thousands of developers, and not the publishers who A) never take a risk, and B) employ as few actual artists as they can financially get away with.

I really wonder where you get your information, because the last I saw no company out there doesn't take a risk in their sectors. Hell, since you seem so hellbent on this, spending $6B on another company is a risk, especially in the volatile mobile market where people's whims change near-hourly.

and to wash your hands of what's actually going on as "all companies only care about their bottom line" is irresponsible. Obviously they exist to make money, HOW they go about doing that is what's under scrutiny here, not the WHY. Elon Musk makes billions making electric cars, meanwhile BP makes billions from raping the planet and spitting carbon into the air... they both just want to make money! *washes hands* lol. get a clue.

How is ActiBlizz any different than EA, or CDPR, or any number of companies out there? What you're seeing is a company that wants to expand into a different sector and they have the resources to obtain the knowledge and skill of others.

Saying that all companies only care about the bottom-line is a simplistic retort, so yea, I'll own up to it, but it's neither dishonest nor irresponsible, it's standard business practice.

The red herring you toss up about Elon Musk is kinda funny...after-all, how does one make the batteries in those cars? You're talking about the outer-effects of companies, and not the actual role of said company, and honestly, that's literally the example of a strawman argument.

InBlack wrote on Nov 4, 2015, 03:04:
Why are you people even engaging Slick. Everyone knows that he shills for EA like he was on their fucking payroll. The sad thing is: He isn't.

It's midnight and I'm awake with little else to do, so I had some free time.

While I admit that Slick's been pretty adamant about his strange relationship over EA, it's just that there's so many people out there that throw impassioned responses to these events.

Like I pointed out, I'm a small-scale shareholder to ActiBlizz and, honestly, I strongly dislike the business practices of King...but I also recognize the business move this makes for both of them, and I could hope on a longshot that may, just maybe, it'll force King to stop ripping off other people's work.

News Comments > Activision Buys King Digital; Releases Q3 Financials
28. Re: Activision Buys King Digital; Releases Q3 Financials Nov 3, 2015, 20:27 DarkCntry

Slick wrote on Nov 3, 2015, 20:19:
Where does your money go?

When you buy a card pack in Hearthstone, or renew a sub in WoW? You probably think that you're supporting game developers to continue to make content for your favorite game. NOPE. It went to buy candy crush.

Where does the money go when Valve makes a flat %30 on essentially the entire PC gaming industry? You think they re-invest it back into studios? nope! They pocket it. That where your money goes every time you buy from them.

last I counted in the past 20 years, Valve and Bliz have each put out 5 IPs. fucking five. And yet EA and Ubi are the bad guys, the big evil corporations... you know, the ones who employ over 5000+ employees each. Who make games.

So keep giving your money to people who openly give you the finger, who are essentially spending your good will on crack. And then be sure to attack the other guys who put food on the table for literally thousands of families, and bring many times more games, and new IPs (yes and old recycled IPs too) into the culture of gaming.

Massive Corporations like Acti-Bliz and Valve aren't concerned with making games, they're concerned with sucking up every penny of disposable income from gamers while contributing nothing to the industry.

EVERY corporation is only concerned about their bottom-line, whether it's ActiBlizz, EA, CDPR, or any other business out there. They are also concerned about making the game, which affects their bottom-lines, and it is in their best interest to garner as much money by doing what they do, in this case, which is making games.

Also, the shotgun method of development isn't always the best...if one studio puts out a game every few years and it's better than than a studio that puts out a game every 3 months, then I'll probably be happier with the former.

692 Comments. 35 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo