Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nameo

Real Name Nameo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DarkCntry
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 29, 2006, 02:29
Total Comments 688 (Apprentice)
User ID 24330

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - Evolve
57. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Feb 11, 2015, 15:24 DarkCntry

nin wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 15:18:
You bought into this horseshit the moment you gave them money. You rewarded their stupid fucking behavior with $100. $100! You could have bought some good booze with that, or put it towards a pc upgrade, but instead you bought Evolve! Holy fuck! Can you give me $100, too?!?! I'll even draw you some pictures in mspaint!

Really, that's your argument? I rewarded them for what I said I did, if you wish to apply this to your continued tirade about something with zero impact, so-be-it.

They nickel and dime everything, and to you, that's A-OK. You are part of the problem. You reward stupidity with money, allowing schemes like this to continue.
OMG, THEY NICKLE AND DIMED ME FOR SKINS WHATEVER SHALL I DO IF I DON'T GET A BLUE SHIRT ON MY TRAPPER!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

I bought the $100 game. One, to get everything in one simple package

Except you didn't. You got played, and now you defend them.

Got played? I paid $100 for the game, season pass, and the extra monster...

As for defending them? No, not really, I'm really more about, you know, logic thought processes. Your argument is that they have $135 of DLC skins which somehow means that TRS is totally fucking over gamers.

Really nin, I thought better of you.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

55. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Feb 11, 2015, 15:09 DarkCntry

nin wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 15:06:
DarkCntry wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 15:04:
nin wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 15:01:
DarkCntry wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 14:58:
nin wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 14:50:
If you gave these fucks a penny, you're part of the problem.

I have them 10,000 pennies...I like being part of the problem. But hey, when you don't have a leg to stand on, might as well just go ahead and strawman, right?

I hope they at least gave you some lube...but I'm sure that's extra as well.

Really nin, I expected better than Cutter-level strawman. You still have yet to argue why it's a bad thing that they sell cosmetics that have no effect on the actual game.

I'm not the one who spent $100 on a dlc fest. If there's anyone that should be explaining their actions, it's you.

Disgusting.
I explained my actions already, quite a few posts back when someone asked.

Here, I'll explain again, I had some disposable income, I've played since the jank Alpha and when I saw improvement in the last beta I bought the $100 game. One, to get everything in one simple package, and two, to actually support a studio that I saw was actually improving things.

Have I purchased any of the cosmetics? Nope. Do I really want any of the cosmetics outside of the stuff I already have in the package I purchased? Nope.

So yea, again tell me what's disgusting about it? Oh yea, again the gamer 'community' have nothing better to do but to go all bukake-level circle jerking over the perceived slight TRS has done with a bunch of cosmetic skins.

53. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Feb 11, 2015, 15:04 DarkCntry

nin wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 15:01:
DarkCntry wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 14:58:

I have them 10,000 pennies...I like being part of the problem. But hey, when you don't have a leg to stand on, might as well just go ahead and strawman, right?

I hope they at least gave you some lube...but I'm sure that's extra as well.

Really nin, I expected better than Cutter-level strawman. You still have yet to argue why it's a bad thing that they sell cosmetics that have no effect on the actual game.

Wonder what it would cost to buy all the champs from LoL with skins, or DOTA2, or WoW's pets and mounts?

51. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Feb 11, 2015, 14:58 DarkCntry

49. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Feb 11, 2015, 14:49 DarkCntry

nin wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 14:36:
DarkCntry wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 13:33:
Quinn wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 06:44:
In all other cases I'd agree that this isn't fair. In this case, though, I strongly feel "serves them right!". Those motherfuckers -- yes, I'm angry about it -- release an expensive game with not enough content -- this is an opinion shared by many if not most reviewers! -- and fine their customers heavily (15 euros for 1 extra monster? go fuck yourself, filthy pigs!) for future content? Boycott the hell out of that shit. Hard.

So, yeah, let those alpha/beta testers write their negative reviews. By all means.

Not enough content? What is it that you expect? You get 4 hunters for each role, 3 monsters, 16 maps, 5 game modes, a pretty decent custom game system for just the base game.

Cry more man, really...$15 for a monster is fine as long as the mechanics to back it up are there, and if the currently-released monsters are to gauge it on, it's there. After-fucking-all, people pay $40 for a pack of maps for a game that I'm sure takes a level designer all of a week to fully develop from ground-up.

If you don't think the monsters are worth it for $15, then don't buy them...fuck people, you make it sound like that if it is released YOU MUST BUY IT. Stop sounding so fucking entitled.

Evolve has more than $130 worth of DLC not covered by its season pass.

That's why people are pissed.

Cosmetics...yea...such a MASSIVELY BIG DEAL AMIRITE?!

47. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Feb 11, 2015, 13:33 DarkCntry

Quinn wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 06:44:
In all other cases I'd agree that this isn't fair. In this case, though, I strongly feel "serves them right!". Those motherfuckers -- yes, I'm angry about it -- release an expensive game with not enough content -- this is an opinion shared by many if not most reviewers! -- and fine their customers heavily (15 euros for 1 extra monster? go fuck yourself, filthy pigs!) for future content? Boycott the hell out of that shit. Hard.

So, yeah, let those alpha/beta testers write their negative reviews. By all means.

Not enough content? What is it that you expect? You get 4 hunters for each role, 3 monsters, 16 maps, 5 game modes, a pretty decent custom game system for just the base game.

Cry more man, really...$15 for a monster is fine as long as the mechanics to back it up are there, and if the currently-released monsters are to gauge it on, it's there. After-fucking-all, people pay $40 for a pack of maps for a game that I'm sure takes a level designer all of a week to fully develop from ground-up.

If you don't think the monsters are worth it for $15, then don't buy them...fuck people, you make it sound like that if it is released YOU MUST BUY IT. Stop sounding so fucking entitled.

30. Re: Ship Ahoy - Evolve Feb 10, 2015, 15:25 DarkCntry

Verno wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 15:18:
DarkCntry wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 15:14:

People wanted the opinion of someone who owned the game, I gave it. I can't help that the gamer 'community' is so hung up on stupid shit that they don't take a game on the merits of the actual game and like to focus on whatever the controversy of the day is.

Well I mean don't get me wrong his response was silly and feedback is appreciated but you didn't really say anything at all about the game. Have load times improved since beta? I hated the huge ass waits between rounds. Is the gun play better? What modes did you check out so far? What is the Bot AI like? I hear its pretty rudimentary at best. Do you see the game having some longevity and being fun for longer than a little while?

Load times seem to be marginally better on my system, but alas I couldn't tell you in-depth because I still have the 'first-try' videos playing.

Bot AI can be good and can be bad, basically standard bot AI that has been in gaming for the last decade or so. Like TB, I've had experiences with the monster AI either wrecking the shit out of my hunter team, and then another time where the AI just has the monster playing wall-hugger. Overall, though, I get a challenge when I'm doing the game, which is what I'm after, the bot AI isn't completely moronic but it won't beat playing with people. The gun-play is still rudimentary, but honestly it's solid enough that it doesn't really detract.

I've played all of the modes solo, I like the standard hunt over others like the egg destroy or the rescue, but that's really just my personal opinion.

As for the longevity, I don't know, it really depends on how TRS decide to post-release support...but like I said, I'm enjoying it and I've played the game since the old, broke alpha.

27. Re: Ship Ahoy - Evolve Feb 10, 2015, 15:14 DarkCntry

DangerDog wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 15:11:
DarkCntry wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 15:09:
I find it enjoyable, like I do most of the games I play.

I had the disposable income to purchase the $100 version cause I could.

Performance hasn't had any issues.

Bugs, outside of the loss of cursor, have been pretty much non-existent.

Solo play is great if you want to level up your character before going into multi.

It's a form of entertainment that I find entertaining, so yea.

cool dude, buy me a copy and you'll have at least one other guy to play with.

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

from the look of the player population for the game you're going to need a hand full of friends to keep the ball rolling.

People wanted the opinion of someone who owned the game, I gave it. I can't help that the gamer 'community' is so hung up on stupid shit that they don't take a game on the merits of the actual game and like to focus on whatever the controversy of the day is.

24. Re: Ship Ahoy - Evolve Feb 10, 2015, 15:09 DarkCntry

I find it enjoyable, like I do most of the games I play.

I had the disposable income to purchase the $100 version cause I could.

Performance hasn't had any issues.

Bugs, outside of the loss of cursor, have been pretty much non-existent.

Solo play is great if you want to level up your character before going into multi.

It's a form of entertainment that I find entertaining, so yea.

News Comments > Evening Previews
4. Re: Evening Previews Feb 6, 2015, 00:04 DarkCntry

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 5, 2015, 23:57:
DarkCntry wrote on Feb 5, 2015, 23:55:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 5, 2015, 21:19:
Physics and netcode not being one of them ;/

I won't lie, netcode seems to be much improved. I haven't experienced any real moments of shooting around corners like I used to.

As for physics, well, yea, I doubt that'll ever change.

Yeah.. mainly meaning the weird "bumpy" vehicle physics, ever since they upped the speed of the game (player and vehicles), it really shows frostbite has some SERIOUS issues with physics. And they don't even seem to always sync properly with what's actually happening (server side) either. Very funky

Most of the jumpy vehicles have gotten better. Hotwire shows real promise in that issue, considering the whole purpose of that mode is to drive cars around fast.

The only issue I had seen in regards to the physics is the one that has plagued BF games vehicles since the original and that's just horrible bounciness in general, especially in the first-person animations. Hit a small bump in the road, damned if you don't get massive whiplash.

News Comments > Evening Previews
2. Re: Evening Previews Feb 5, 2015, 23:55 DarkCntry

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 5, 2015, 21:19:
Physics and netcode not being one of them ;/

I won't lie, netcode seems to be much improved. I haven't experienced any real moments of shooting around corners like I used to.

As for physics, well, yea, I doubt that'll ever change.

News Comments > PC Assassin's Creed Rogue Next Month
10. Re: Into the Black Feb 5, 2015, 23:54 DarkCntry

NegaDeath wrote on Feb 5, 2015, 23:10:
I know this one is supposed to be superior to the last one, in gameplay terms anyways, but the last one just f'ing came out. I don't feel like giving money to these guys anymore. I'm burned out on this series, maybe permanently. Too many games, too little improvement.

Rogue was side-developed at the same time as Unity, but by a different team...it was meant to have an AC game on last-gen consoles.

News Comments > Dying Light Dawns
6. Re: Dying Light Dawns Jan 27, 2015, 14:28 DarkCntry

Fion wrote on Jan 27, 2015, 13:39:
Yea I don't trust the whole 'nobody got review copies until the day of release' what so ever.

I won't be buying the game until I see a review from TB or Angry Joe.

Watched TB do an info gathering live stream on it, other than the game not working with SLI, TB said it was good. The lack of review copy, in his own words and paraphrasing, "does not constitute this being a bad game, it's actually a good game".

The hour or so he streamed, he seem to enjoy it a lot. He did say that he had a couple frame drop issues but seems to have fixed it and states that it was the game settings getting fubar'd.

News Comments > Ubisoft Deactivating Far Cry 4 Keys; Cites Fraud
35. Re: Ubisoft Deactivating Far Cry 4 Keys; Cites Fraud Jan 26, 2015, 17:44 DarkCntry

Cutter wrote on Jan 26, 2015, 16:58:
I've bought several games from people on G2A and only got one bad key which G2A promptly refunded because I used their service guarantee. So I have nothing but good things to say about them so far.

And how on earth were these keys obtained fraudulently? Was it some Mission Impossible team that broke into the servers, stole a bunch of pre-generated keys, then sold them on the black market? Or it more likely that they were completely legitimate regional keys that were purchased cheap and resold for a tiny profit? I'm guessing it's the latter. Ubisoft could do the sensible thing and bring down the prices on their games a lot faster to avoid this in the first place, but that would make sense. No, instead they'd rather just try and gouge first world gamers. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

More often than not, the keys are obtained in a region where the product is sold at a much lower price to fit with the regional 'cost of living'. For example, several Asian countries sell at a far lower price than in other parts of the world, usually these games are region locked (see: Russian copies), but there are areas where they don't region lock because it's neigh impossible.

Commonly on places like G2A they get a shipment (see: who knows how) of keys from a lesser developed country for a very deep discount in relation to the rest of the world.

News Comments > Gearbox Recruiting for "Next Borderlands"
12. Re: Gearbox Recruiting for Jan 26, 2015, 12:32 DarkCntry

jdreyer wrote on Jan 26, 2015, 12:18:
Creston wrote on Jan 26, 2015, 11:15:
Gearbox, please shake up the character formula a bit. Give characters 3 actions skills, rather than one, for example. Make it a bit different.

Other than that, excited to see what they're doing next. I got plenty of great enjoyment out of BL2.

Yeah, I'm a huge fan of this series, but they need to shake it up. I'm thinking change up the art style (go hyper-realistic?), change the gun mechanics (like make them modular so you can build your own?), add more vehicles (flying?), or something.

Anyone remember when Borderlands was first announced, it was grittier and a lot more serious in both tone and visuals. I really don't think they intend on going back to that simply because it didn't pan out originally.

News Comments > Homeworld Remastered Collection Next Month
15. Re: Homeworld Remastered Collection Next Month Jan 26, 2015, 11:16 DarkCntry

Creston wrote on Jan 26, 2015, 11:14:
Hmmm, it looks nicer, but honestly nowhere near as nice as I was expecting/hoping. I guess they wanted to make sure to keep the art style, but I really wanted it to look just eye-poppingly brilliant.

I'll still pick it up, IF the price is right. But seeing how long Gearbox worked on this, I'm worried this is going to cost $40 at minimum.

Sub-$30 on Steam right now with a 15% discount. Regularly it's $35.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jan 26, 2015, 10:14 DarkCntry

I *really* hope this is a joke...  

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Jan 24, 2015, 23:33 DarkCntry

Shok wrote on Jan 24, 2015, 21:24:
10 names better than Grey Goo:

Star Goop
Stellar Lard
Intersticky
Blackhole Down
Neutron Skidmarks
Atomic Annihilation
Astro Nam
Infidel Infantry
Orbital Muck
Metallurgical!

True, but playing devil's advocate...Grey Goo is an actual doomsday scenario.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey_goo

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
6. Re: Viacom and ESPN Jan 20, 2015, 20:40 DarkCntry

jdreyer wrote on Jan 20, 2015, 19:50:
Pigeon wrote on Jan 20, 2015, 18:08:
I'm surprised they didn't decide to also shout FIRE in the theaters when this movie came and then charge people for another ticket when they try to go back in.

Well, the movie made $100M domestically, so having to pay $1M in fines is probably worth it.

Didn't the Purge also use the tones in their trailer?

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Free Weekend
5. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Free Weekend Jan 16, 2015, 00:38 DarkCntry

theglaze wrote on Jan 15, 2015, 21:12:
Bought the game when it popped up for presale...perhaps the last time I do that. It feels generic, I jus don't feel compelled to keep playing it. I ended up picking Endless Legend on steam sale and plan to play that instead, offers far more compelling races and gameplay dynamics.

I think one of the biggest factors in me just not having the drive to play through this is that there's simply no draw to each faction. In previous Civs there's at least been leaders where we can associate their personalities with real people, in BE you've got faceless corporations. Even Alpha Centauri used a leader system that had a richer background and history, which made playing it far more enjoyable.

I do expect it to be like Civ V in that it'll probably get good after the first DLC expansion.

Another thing, why is there no end-game screen?

688 Comments. 35 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo