960 Comments. 48 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    48  ] Older

Re: Saturday Metaverse
Jan 9, 2021, 20:48
Re: Saturday Metaverse Jan 9, 2021, 20:48
Jan 9, 2021, 20:48

jdreyer wrote on Jan 9, 2021, 20:43:
DarkCntry wrote on Jan 9, 2021, 19:58:
I don't much care for Biden/Harris' overarching platform because it doesn't adequately address the real situations in the nation, nor does it allow avenues to start alleviating these issues, but I don't disagree with much of your statement.

Either way, I didn't vote Biden/Harris because of their platform but because of it not being Trump....and the fact that we're stuck in a forever two-party system.

Well, good luck with that whole "doesn't adequately address the real situations" thing. Even if Biden had plans for doing that, no way to get it through congress. I agree with you that incremental change isn't going to cut it, but it won't be possible to get that stuff through congress without a 60% majority.

I agree, the two-party system with absolutely the minimalist amount of checks and balances makes it's a near-impossible thing to get anything to actually right the boat so-to-speak.

Jan 9, 2021, 20:45
Re: Saturday Metaverse Jan 9, 2021, 20:45
Jan 9, 2021, 20:45

Dunkirk wrote on Jan 9, 2021, 20:39:
bigspender wrote on Jan 9, 2021, 17:50:
Also I hope the national guard shoot up those MAGA fuckers. That would actually go a long way to making america great....by swiftly removing some of the worst people in society...

This is an even more egregious incitement to violence than what got Trump banned from Twitter.

While I don't agree with the statement, it's not an incitement, it's a desired outcome...the difference is that the statement you're talking about is someone hoping an event comes to pass and the one's Trump produced were pushing for events to pass. Not to mention, bigspender here probably doesn't have the social clout to get more than, maybe, a handful of people do anything compared to the millions of people willing to do what Trump tells them to do.

Either way, the original statement is pretty idiotic but it is in no way comparable to what Trump did.

Jan 9, 2021, 20:15
Re: Saturday Metaverse Jan 9, 2021, 20:15
Jan 9, 2021, 20:15

JediPunisher wrote on Jan 9, 2021, 20:06:
I find it surprising that Biden gets so much support here within the gaming community.
Joe Biden is on record against video games, which he believes promotes violence.
He even called gamers "little creeps" and said video games "teach you how to kill people."

You may want to be careful about using out-of-context statements to support an argument...that being said, he's from a generation that doesn't understand that form of technological expression, and I'm sure most people won't fault him for it until he actively marches against it, which he has yet to show he will. Besides, the majority of fear over video game regulation is more towards SCOTUS than POTUS.

Jan 9, 2021, 19:58
Re: Saturday Metaverse Jan 9, 2021, 19:58
Jan 9, 2021, 19:58

jdreyer wrote on Jan 9, 2021, 19:50:
DarkCntry wrote on Jan 9, 2021, 19:47:
JediPunisher wrote on Jan 9, 2021, 19:42:
Detached from reality? Have you seen Biden lately??
During his campaign, Biden often asked voters to support the "Harris-Biden" ticket.
Just recently, he said,
"I took it to instill public confidence in the vaccine. President-elect Harris took hers today for the same reason,"

You know, even if what you're saying is actually proof of anything, it's not a real big deal. I can guarantee you of the 80 million votes for Biden, a vast majority of them didn't vote for him, they voted against Trump. If the day comes during his term where Biden is no longer President, it still will be a far better situation than having Trump for another 4 years concreting his groundwork to never leave office.

First, men who make it to 79, like Biden, pass away at age 89 on average.

Second, Harris would make a fine President, should Biden pass away prematurely. She's smart, articulate, charismatic, and knows the law. She's had to weight evidence and make tough decisions for decades. That's what a president does.

I don't much care for Biden/Harris' overarching platform because it doesn't adequately address the real situations in the nation, nor does it allow avenues to start alleviating these issues, but I don't disagree with much of your statement.

Either way, I didn't vote Biden/Harris because of their platform but because of it not being Trump....and the fact that we're stuck in a forever two-party system.

Jan 9, 2021, 19:47
Re: Saturday Metaverse Jan 9, 2021, 19:47
Jan 9, 2021, 19:47

JediPunisher wrote on Jan 9, 2021, 19:42:
Detached from reality? Have you seen Biden lately??
During his campaign, Biden often asked voters to support the "Harris-Biden" ticket.
Just recently, he said,
"I took it to instill public confidence in the vaccine. President-elect Harris took hers today for the same reason,"

You know, even if what you're saying is actually proof of anything, it's not a real big deal. I can guarantee you of the 80 million votes for Biden, a vast majority of them didn't vote for him, they voted against Trump. If the day comes during his term where Biden is no longer President, it still will be a far better situation than having Trump for another 4 years concreting his groundwork to never leave office.

Jan 9, 2021, 19:27
Re: Saturday Metaverse Jan 9, 2021, 19:27
Jan 9, 2021, 19:27

JediPunisher wrote on Jan 9, 2021, 19:03:
Banning the current President of the United States from social media for supposedly inciting an angry mob is a bad idea.
Trump only has a few days left in office, and this sets a precedent that could come back to bite them very soon.

Soon-to-be President Harris (we all know Joe won't last long) praised those peaceful protests over the summer as the "New Coalition of Conscience" and even helped raise money to bail them out.

In August, Senator Kamala Harris spoke to former comedian Stephen Colbert about the riots that rocked the country throughout the summer. Harris gleefully said that "they're not gonna stop," come the election. "This is a movement, I'm telling you," she said.
Colbert noted that media just wasn't covering these riots by the end of August for some reason, and Harris seemed to think this was a problem.
Harris nodded, "Right, that's right," she said. "But they're not gonna stop. They're not gonna stop. This is a movement, I'm telling you. They're not gonna stop. And everyone BEWARE, because they're not gonna stop."
"They're not gonna stop before election day in November, and they’re not gonna stop after election day. And that should be–everyone should take note of that, on both levels.
They're not gonna let up,"
Harris said with pride, "and they should not. And we should not."
The August 30 interview came after 30 people were killed in the intensive rioting from May through August, and billions of dollars in property damage was reported.

https://channel411news.com/2021/01/07/flashback-kamala-harris-celebrated-blm-and-antifa-riots/

You're right, it does set a precedent, don't use the Office of the President of the United States to incite insurrection against the lawfully elected government in an attempt to overturn the lawfully accepted results of the election. Just because Trump only has "a few days" left in office means little, the fact that he openly did this without reservation should make people far more worried than private entities exercising their right to refusal of service to those that violate their terms of service.

Also, if you're one of those trying to compare the protesting borne from unjust murders to that of a President inciting a mob because he lost an election, then, well...there's little that can be intellectually discussed with you. Not one person, Democrat, Republican, Independent, whatever...ever condoned the violence that took place, what they condoned was the peaceful 'disobedience' in the name of progress. Of the protests, some 6% of them became exceedingly violent after, investigations found, they were instigated by agitators not affiliated with anyone involved with the protests. And really, if you're going to complain about people looting a business to that of storming one of the official seats of American Democracy with the intent of halting democratic process, then you are even worse off than I thought.

Compare this with the rally prior to the "March" to the Capitol...a sitting President hammering home unfounded claims, outright proven lies, and inflammatory rhetoric to an already incited mob cannot be seen as anything other than seditious.

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Already Profitable
Dec 12, 2020, 22:12
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Already Profitable Dec 12, 2020, 22:12
Dec 12, 2020, 22:12

OpticNerve wrote on Dec 12, 2020, 17:07:
More people are going to need to also post their CPU as well as their GPU specs when they talk about Cyberpunk 2077's performance. As important as the GPU is when it comes to the game, Cyberpunk 2077 is HEAVILY CPU bound and could be the main reason why someone's performance might be a lot better than another who has the same type of videocard. Based off of what some of my developer friends have said, it's most likely due to shoddy coding and if this reddit post about a simple AMD CPU oversight is actually true (going to test out the "fix") this might be a hint of this being the case: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/kbp0np/cyberpunk_2077_seems_to_ignore_smt_and_mostly/gfjf1vo/

On an I9-10900KF and a 2080 Super, I get roughly 'cinematic' FPS (30-35) at 1440 on ray tracing ultra and Psycho on Screen Space, roughly 55-60 at 1080 with quality DLSS. At least on Intel it seems to ping all cores equally, and will 100% the dedicated memory on the 2080 Super, with about 3GB of shared. CPU will boost to 4.89GHz for the majority of the time the game is running, so there is that as well. Using literally 50% of my RAM with a session of Chrome and Discord running along side.

Dec 12, 2020, 03:44
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Already Profitable Dec 12, 2020, 03:44
Dec 12, 2020, 03:44

Dacron wrote on Dec 12, 2020, 03:35:
DarkCntry wrote on Dec 12, 2020, 03:28:
Dacron wrote on Dec 12, 2020, 01:14:
Acleacius wrote on Dec 11, 2020, 23:42:
If your not profitable after selling 3.7 (?) million units in 24 hours, you are fhuuked.

@ $60 a pop, 3.7mm units ($222mm) wouldn't have made GTA 5 profitable in 24 hours.

(gta 5 = $250mm development, marketing cost, $298mm adjusted for inflation)

And you figure that CDPR had to go through quite a few pushbacks for release dates, thus increasing overhead. On top of that, you have talent costs for people like Keanu and the musical licenses and even this game could have easily equaled GTA5's money numbers. It's still a pretty big deal when a developer can attest to being in the green so quickly after launch, let alone doing it on a project of this scale.

"could've, should've, would've"

Both are released. Cyberpunk was profitable in 24 hour. That's the point I made, it was factual.

If you want to lecture Rockstar/Taketwo how to release games for higher profit (despite holding records pre-Cyberpunk), go for it. But Cyperpunk was profitable, day 1, and squashed GTAs records.

And thinking Cyberpunk had greater costs over music licenses compared to GTA 5? Have you ever played either?? GTA 5 was nothing but copyrighted music, Cyberpunk you have to look for it.

I see you seem to have taken the weirdest flex ever with my reply...

I'm not talking about lecturing or shitting on either company, I'm talking about the notion that any company can release a product and be immediately 100% profitable is something of a unicorn. Hell, I'm also pretty sure I was saying that they did this in addition to the costs of talent and licensing, not that they had higher licensing needs than GTA.

Dec 12, 2020, 03:28
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Already Profitable Dec 12, 2020, 03:28
Dec 12, 2020, 03:28

Dacron wrote on Dec 12, 2020, 01:14:
Acleacius wrote on Dec 11, 2020, 23:42:
If your not profitable after selling 3.7 (?) million units in 24 hours, you are fhuuked.

@ $60 a pop, 3.7mm units ($222mm) wouldn't have made GTA 5 profitable in 24 hours.

(gta 5 = $250mm development, marketing cost, $298mm adjusted for inflation)

And you figure that CDPR had to go through quite a few pushbacks for release dates, thus increasing overhead. On top of that, you have talent costs for people like Keanu and the musical licenses and even this game could have easily equaled GTA5's money numbers. It's still a pretty big deal when a developer can attest to being in the green so quickly after launch, let alone doing it on a project of this scale.

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Hotfix
Dec 12, 2020, 03:22
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Hotfix Dec 12, 2020, 03:22
Dec 12, 2020, 03:22

I've had a couple CTDs, but nothing super irritating...the amount of graphical-related issues are abound though, like the aforementioned Harry Potter reference and the aforementioned parked car floating. There's also a case where a piece of armor shows up behind my character instead of her wearing it...which I find pretty funny nonetheless.

The only other issues I've been having is some cases of graphical corruption with the lighting effects in places like Jig-Jig Street and only the super-shiny clothes/skin that some people run around with...but I think that's simply due to hitting the upper limit of my 2080 Super and the infant Nvidia drivers for the game.

I haven't run the game yet with the hotfix, so I'll see if that helps.

Re: GOG Galaxy Rewards for Cyberpunk 2077
Dec 8, 2020, 19:57
Re: GOG Galaxy Rewards for Cyberpunk 2077 Dec 8, 2020, 19:57
Dec 8, 2020, 19:57

Satoru wrote on Dec 8, 2020, 17:51:
digital rewards requiring online activation using Gog Galaxy sounds great and I’m sure everyone on the GOG forums will love this idea......

Oh wait sorry this is gog, the userbase is literally imploding

This thought-process is a joke, I mean it's obvious you're trying to find a fault where there really isn't one. It's funny that you do seem to think that a couple posts incorrectly calling Galaxy DRM is the "userbase imploding".

Re: More on Epilepsy and Cyberpunk 2077
Dec 8, 2020, 17:12
Re: More on Epilepsy and Cyberpunk 2077 Dec 8, 2020, 17:12
Dec 8, 2020, 17:12

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 8, 2020, 16:42:
Darks wrote on Dec 8, 2020, 16:22:
Wolfen wrote on Dec 8, 2020, 16:20:
I'm baffled by this.

So am I, this is not something that just randomly occurs to people. You know if you have some kind of ailment that causes Epilepsy. This person had to have known they were susceptible to it.

We're starting to meander away here, but, no, not everybody with epilepsy is aware they are at risk until they actually have a seizure, sometimes into their 20s or 30s. There is no catch-all test for children/infants for potential photosensitive seizures in later life. It's also not like people expose all kids/teens to flashing lights until some of them actually have a seizure either.

To further that meander....
Epilepsy is one of the more difficult things to catch in people because for many it requires a pretty specific pattern of cues to trigger it. Some are lucky enough to never have that particular pattern and can live life without experiencing the effects of it.

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Preloads
Dec 7, 2020, 22:50
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Preloads Dec 7, 2020, 22:50
Dec 7, 2020, 22:50

jacobvandy wrote on Dec 7, 2020, 21:21:
DarkCntry wrote on Dec 7, 2020, 19:22:
Overon wrote on Dec 7, 2020, 18:50:
Wow so 57 GB download initially and I'm hearing about a 43 GB patch on release day? Damn. Why are patches so inefficient? The replacing more than 70% of the game.

Really depends on what they are patching. If they are patching assets as well as general code, then patch sizes can easily equal (and sometimes exceed) original file size.

In this case, I do feel that this Day 1 patch is probably going to be far heavier on optimization fixes than underlying code fixes....but we'll see.

The reported 43GB patch was on Xbox, my guess it's that's already folded into the PC pre-load. IF it had any relevance to the PC version. But yeah, there will still be an update on release day.

There is a possibility that the preload is post gold-pressed build, but I don't know if that makes much sense.

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Preloads
Dec 7, 2020, 19:22
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Preloads Dec 7, 2020, 19:22
Dec 7, 2020, 19:22

Overon wrote on Dec 7, 2020, 18:50:
Wow so 57 GB download initially and I'm hearing about a 43 GB patch on release day? Damn. Why are patches so inefficient? The replacing more than 70% of the game.

Really depends on what they are patching. If they are patching assets as well as general code, then patch sizes can easily equal (and sometimes exceed) original file size.

In this case, I do feel that this Day 1 patch is probably going to be far heavier on optimization fixes than underlying code fixes....but we'll see.

Re: Play Cyberpunk 2077 from GOG.COM on GeForce NOW
Dec 7, 2020, 19:18
Re: Play Cyberpunk 2077 from GOG.COM on GeForce NOW Dec 7, 2020, 19:18
Dec 7, 2020, 19:18

Satoru wrote on Dec 7, 2020, 18:58:
Im not sure how the assessment was 'incorrect' given that person literally went on and on an on about how GeForceNOW was the best thing since sliced bread and then concluded that because of people should cancel their steam/egs pre-orders. Not sure how any sane person would read that post and think "oh yes they were definitely referring to the 100% purchase thing because they totally constantly... never mentioned it at all, as opposed to GetForceNoW which 99% of their post"

In any case the GOG community is already imploding upon itself because

1) They hate GeFORCENOW because its DRM
2) oh and some extra preorder goodies require you to authenticate through GOG Galaxy and... yes there is definitley calm debate about.... oh wait no the entire forums are on fire

Oh its so funny to see the GOG fanboys and the CDPR fanboys are all infighting now

The assessment was incorrect in that you literally quoted him saying to cancel Steam/Epic preorders and get it on GOG and you entwined that with the assumption that the purpose of that statement was in regards to GeForce Now....

As for your two points, if people think that GeForce NOW is some form of DRM, then these people are clueless to what DRM actually is, and that carries over to the notion that (as far as I am aware), a single authentication through Galaxy is equivalent to the argument about DRM that the general population uses that term.

The point is simple...Slick made a comment about moving preorders to GOG from Steam/EGS. You applied the incorrect assumption that it had to do with GeForce Now support, and now you're somehow on this weird tangent about DRM and fanboys.

Dec 7, 2020, 18:54
Re: Play Cyberpunk 2077 from GOG.COM on GeForce NOW Dec 7, 2020, 18:54
Dec 7, 2020, 18:54

Satoru wrote on Dec 7, 2020, 18:50:
DarkCntry wrote on Dec 7, 2020, 16:38:
Probably because buying it on GOG is 100% of the purchase given back to CDPR....nothing to do with Geforce Now....

If you were this much of a fanboy ofr CDPR you would have already ordered it on GOG.

Not sure where fanboy comes into this, you had an incorrect assessment of the conversation and all I did was correct it.

Dec 7, 2020, 16:38
Re: Play Cyberpunk 2077 from GOG.COM on GeForce NOW Dec 7, 2020, 16:38
Dec 7, 2020, 16:38

Satoru wrote on Dec 7, 2020, 16:16:
Slick wrote on Dec 7, 2020, 13:52:
Also, YES! TO ANYONE WHO STILL HASNT GOTTEN THE MEMO, CANCEL YOUR STEAM OR EPIC PREORDER AND BUY ON GOG YOU FUCKS.

Why? You can use GeForceNOW with Steam and play the game

Why would anyone cancel their pre-order on their preferred platform just because magically what they already can do on Steam is now magically available on GOG?

"Hey look GOG Galaxy is now 'barely kinda not really' almost comparable to Steam after 3 years! Cancel your steam preorder even though you can do literally this with steam right now" is surely a hot take

Probably because buying it on GOG is 100% of the purchase given back to CDPR....nothing to do with Geforce Now....

Re: Microsoft Buying ZeniMax
Sep 21, 2020, 18:45
Re: Microsoft Buying ZeniMax Sep 21, 2020, 18:45
Sep 21, 2020, 18:45

wtf_man wrote on Sep 21, 2020, 18:26:
Spektr wrote on Sep 21, 2020, 18:16:
I have a bad feeling about this...

This doesn't bode well at all for Id games running on OpenGL/Vulkan. And I guess id software games on Linux belonged to another era.
In fact it doesn't bode well for pretty much anything I can think of.
Is MS trying to become the Disney of video games?
Did I mention that this doesn't bode well?

It also doesn't bode well for any more Zenimax / Bethesda / iD games going to GOG.
There are zero Microsoft published games on GOG.

inXile games are on GOG, aren't they?

Honestly, I'm ok with this. What I read from this is MS is attempting to further flesh out value for Gamepass for both console and PC users and to bolster a more tertiary first-party stable of games that doesn't require them to be solely developing them.

Re: Xbox Game Pass For PC Introductory Price Ends Next Week
Sep 10, 2020, 13:03
Re: Xbox Game Pass For PC Introductory Price Ends Next Week Sep 10, 2020, 13:03
Sep 10, 2020, 13:03

Dev wrote on Sep 10, 2020, 11:46:
aka "that 'free' ea game pass we added actually isn't so we will raise the price for everyone even if you didn't want the EA pass"

Or...if you were paying attention you'd know that $4.99 was a temporary price from the get-go. Microsoft didn't really hide this fact and they had already made various comments over the course of when they introduced Game Pass Ultimate that they were going to not continue $4.99 forever.

That said, the price is still better than the old system of having Gold + Game Pass.

Re: Get Quake II for Free
Aug 13, 2020, 11:15
Re: Get Quake II for Free Aug 13, 2020, 11:15
Aug 13, 2020, 11:15

Beamer wrote on Aug 13, 2020, 10:25:
JohnBirshire wrote on Aug 13, 2020, 10:13:
People be installing 50 different launchers just to get 100's of free games that cost a grand total of two days of minimum wage.

Actually, most EGS games have been worth well more, several considerably more, and honestly, what harm is a launcher if you only run it when you use it?

True, between things like GTAV and Kingdom Come Deliverance (and now for 24 hours, Total War Saga: Troy), you're looking at some decently priced games given out for free. That doesn't even include the more niche titles, all for the cost of the use of a launcher, which, at worst, has the same information that Steam collects and doesn't have a shopping cart.

First world problems...
960 Comments. 48 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    48  ] Older