Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
United Kingdom 06/02

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nameo

Real Name Nameo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DarkCntry
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 29, 2006, 02:29
Total Comments 736 (Apprentice)
User ID 24330

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > 11 Million Paladins and Counting
8. Re: .. May 21, 2017, 18:23 DarkCntry

JeffD wrote on May 21, 2017, 12:33:
I had never actually heard of paladin until now, and I have overwatch.

The similarities are undeniable and quite funny, it seems like they decided to use overwatch characters as a balanced base, and then originate off that. I feel like there could have been ALOT they could have done to pull the character designs away from overwatch (why is the tank paladin a guy in armor with a rectangle blue shield? You couldn't think of any other character design proficient with large shields? ) I do like the card (talents) system they use to great effect. The side effect unfortunately is if the development team was unable to separate their game from overwatch from the start, how good are they going to be at creating their own talent system that will also remain balanced? This makes me think the game will never be in the tournament circuit.

However it is free to play, and many people out there can't afford much, and it looks like a very solid play, let them enjoy their game.

I do agree though player statistics like "downloaded" and "Signed up" for free to play is just stupid and worthless.

Just for clarity sake, Paladins has been in development longer than Overwatch and the character designs have been pretty much the same since they first announced it a couple years ago.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Activision Classics on Steam
4. Re: Activision Classics on Steam Apr 19, 2017, 20:22 DarkCntry

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Apr 19, 2017, 20:01:
Not that people shouldn't buy things on Steam or Gog if they are looking for ease of use, but I swear all the Zork games already got released legally, for free, online, either via web or download

*EDIT* Yep, available with minor googling.

Although, OOOOH, Vampire:The Masquerade:Redemption! One of my favorite games, all time, although yes, it is somewhat linear.

Not all of the Zork games, just the text-based ones.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Commercial Leaks
31. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 12, 2017, 17:08 DarkCntry

CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 12, 2017, 15:02:
* any lamer who thinks he's clever by cracking the "joke" that I'd be the first to go, puuuuhhhlease... predictable dumbass "joke" is predictable dumbass "joke", capisce?

I don't know about saying to euthanize yourself first would be the joke, I mean, after-all, everything you've posted has already proven you to be the most apt at being an actual joke that no one really needs to make one about you.

It's 2017, are we still using "lamer"?

Muscular Beaver wrote on Apr 12, 2017, 16:58:
The negativity is very often confirmed, especially from us old school gamers, we would love to see games become more complex instead of getting dumbed down.

As much as I enjoy a deeply intricate game with deeply intricate systems, we are a slowly dying breed of a time past. I don't fault any company for maximizing their income by following market trends...nor do I fault consumers for purchasing things they want as long as it is within their means to do so legally.

In other words, progress is going to happen even if you don't agree with it or even see it as 'progress'.

News Comments > Gearbox Drops G2A Deal
2. Re: Gearbox Drops G2A Deal Apr 7, 2017, 18:10 DarkCntry

Darks wrote on Apr 7, 2017, 18:07:
Im pretty sure G2A could give a rats ass about Gea Box, they will be out of business in a years time anyway at their current rate.

While they may give a rat's ass about Gearbox, I can guarantee you that they care far more about the precedent being set...and another in a long line of news articles in support of the claims of illegitimacy.

News Comments > Gearbox Issues Ultimatum to G2A
18. Re: Gearbox Issues Ultimatum to G2A Apr 7, 2017, 11:05 DarkCntry

Honestly, this is so much more about the apathy that G2A has when it comes to their services. A lot of the keys on G2A can be legitimate, but honestly it doesn't matter if it is 1 or 1000 keys that are illegitimate, the fact of the matter is that G2A has a shit-ton of apathy when it comes to validating and protecting their customers.

I mean, really, the most massive of red flags is that they provide a paid service to protect people from fraud...a service that, for all intents and purposes, shouldn't even need to exist and at the very least should be available to with no extra cost.

News Comments > BioWare Apologizes for Mass Effect: Andromeda Character
48. Re: BioWare Apologizes for Mass Effect: Andromeda Character Apr 6, 2017, 15:54 DarkCntry

Creston wrote on Apr 6, 2017, 15:46:
DarkCntry wrote on Apr 6, 2017, 15:41:
It should say something that in my 100+ hours in the game I honestly don't even remember the character in question...

It's a super minor character. She shows up on Eos, and the only reason anyone even interacts with her, is because she gives you the quest to go investigate the tremors that lead to (spoiler) the Remnant Architect boss fight.

The only reason I even remember who she was was because the game kept telling me to "Go talk to Hainley", and whenever I did so, she had nothing to say. It wasn't until 30+ hours later that the quest finally became available.

I remember the quest, I just guess I really don't remember the character...hrm, this makes me want to retrace back to see if they're still there after the Architect is defeated...

News Comments > BioWare Apologizes for Mass Effect: Andromeda Character
46. Re: BioWare Apologizes for Mass Effect: Andromeda Character Apr 6, 2017, 15:41 DarkCntry

It should say something that in my 100+ hours in the game I honestly don't even remember the character in question...  

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Apex Missions Launch
29. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Apex Missions Launch Mar 24, 2017, 20:19 DarkCntry

CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 24, 2017, 13:10:
You're joking, right? Lowest possible standards confirmed.
Keep it up CJ, your arguments are Trump-level.

Any developer with skill and brainz would look at their franchise, their previous game(s), in this case here the first trilogy and then evaluate what people liked or did not like and they would make a game with the best parts of everything.
It's what CDP did. They improved TW from one iteration to the next one and nearly perfected it with no. 3.
So what you are saying is BioWhore has a right to start with a really shitty game so they have room to improve in the next iterations? Seriously?
Well no shit Sherlock, they did do that, hence the changes to combat, the dialog system, the Nomad, etc...however, since you're so stuck on not understanding this and focusing on what you believe should be the next work of Shakespeare then there's really nothing that can be done for you. Look kiddo, comparing an established story with a brand new one and expecting them to be equal goes way out of its way to show just how intelligent your arguments are.

LOL. Fucking Peebee??? Are you kidding me? What's next in Andromeda 2? Piss-Hornet? Shit-Fly? It's one of the dumbest characters ever. By name and childish behavior.
ZOMG, a character with a funny name, WORST GAME EVER!!!! That's your argument here? Talk about LCD...

Her behaviour fits the character, it fits her story, and it fits within the game. But hey, whatever floats that tiny little boat you call an ego.

Hahaha... the "pinnacle". Again. Lowest possible standards confirmed.
Thanks for proving my point about how the story started in Mass Effect compared to how it started in Andromeda.

Why not? Is there some mythical law that forbids the first iteration of a game in a franchise to be any good? Nope. There isn't. There have been myriads of decent games in history where *ESPECIALLY* the first game was excellent and the sequels were cash grabs based on the popular franchise.
There is absolutely no reason to apply lower standards to MEA. The opposite is the case. This game is from a long established developer who has produced some decent games in this franchise. The least one should expect is that they know their own shit and make better shit from their old shit.

See, now there you go again, not making any sense what-so-ever. You have no clue what your railing against, you have no clue what your argument actually is. I'm not talking about the quality of the game, I'm talking about how comparing a story that has already started, and had pretty much given the theme of it, cannot be compared to another story that has just began, with a new theme.

Haha are you joking again? Of course I did not buy the game. The 10 hour trial was enough to form an educated opinion on how garbage and trite this POS is. And please don't fanboi-lie to me and tell me that at 10:01 into the game it somehow magically flips a switch and turns into a game for more than four year olds that does not insult one's intelligence every two minutes.
The only insulting of intelligence here is the obvious fact you have no clue what it is you're going on about. Shall I go back to the whole Eden Prime example here? I mean, of course you won't understand the comparison but that's because I actually know how to create an equal one. Bioware games have always been narrow at the beginning, then opened up...and since this is the first time that EA has even allowed a situation like this in Mass Effect, then you cannot even get a good enough baseline in the first half of the entire game.

Also, as a matter of fact, yes, at 10:01, the game does magically take a whole different turn...but again, this doesn't support your argument, so it must be wrong and I must be some low-intelligence pleb that doesn't know quality.

I'll get the GOTY on sale eventually because the game does have some good parts like decent exploration and vehicle/jetpack gameplay but it is a MAJOR disappointment in terms of atmosphere, story, characters and dialogue. Just about every review even from the usual bribed suspects shares this opinion.
It has a 70-something average on MC. You know, a fucking overhyped Mass Effect game... 70-something. LOL. That is the equivalent of a 50-something score if it would be some other random franchise.

People really need to get off this whole "70 scores are shit!" bandwagon. Hell, people need to get off this whole "ZOMG A REVIEWER GAVE IT A LOWER SCORE THAN X GAME, IT MUST SUCK" spiel...reviews mean nothing because they are all pretty much subjective bullshit to drum up clicks/subscriptions/etc with little to no real substance.

I mean, if we want to go the same route you do, the beloved CDP team got a shit score below Andromeda on one of their Witcher games...

Yep, be more of a hypocrite CJ, be more of a hypocrite.

25. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Apex Missions Launch Mar 24, 2017, 11:30 DarkCntry

CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 24, 2017, 09:51:
What??? You are calling the writing and characters which would even make a toddler scream "Fuck it! I'm too old for this shit!" cosmetic? Bruuuh???

The story's level of writing, sans a couple interactions, is no less on par as the previous entries of the game...and honestly, I can't say I hate any one character in this game like I could say for the previous ones. If you don't like the story, that's fine, but again, you're attempting to demean those that aren't finding as massive faults in it.

- Where are the quests with multiple solutions that require a little brain and more than just going to a waypoint and doing some inane shit?
They exist...but alas, that doesn't support your argument, so it must be invalid.

- Where are the quests that put you into a moral dilemma where you really have to make a (tough) choice?
Again, these exist in the game.

- Where are the major ME trademark choices in the plot (like Ash OR Kaidan)?
They exist.

- Where is a deep branching mission like the final mission of ME2 which had dozens of choices and possible outcomes?
Are you really comparing the second game in a storyline with a brand new one? At least if you're going to desire a comparison, do it on even ground and compare it with the original Mass Effect.

- Where is the mystery of a ME2 and the interesting characters that had you wondering about the motives of Cerberus, the Illusive Man, Miranda, Jacob etc. from the first minute of the game?
I'm seeing the trend that you're comparing a new story with one that takes place in the middle of one...yea, good argument.

- Where are awesome characters and humorous banter like we had with a Joker and an EDI?
Peebs, Drack, Vetra...yea, I guess these characters don't exist in your edition of Andromeda.

There is nothing at all of that in MEA. The beginning is sooo lame. Instead of a 634 years trip through space it feels like the crew drove a night with their camper to hit a McDonald's in the morning when they go explore the first planet. There is no real sense of mystery, excitement... nothing. It's lifeless, emotionless and dumb.
Yea, that Eden Prime mission was the pinnacle of mystery and excitement...and this is from a military vessel and not a civilian operation.

I don't know how anyone can seriously say this is a decent game unless their standards have hit rock bottom and it is enough for them if the game lets them shoot aliens in the head. OK. Granted. It does accomplish that and the gun play is pretty OK even. But everything else is garbage and it's sad that people settle for this little after a Witcher 3 (should have) set new standards back two years ago.
Ok, remove CDPR's dick from your anal cavity and understand that you're talking about a game that has had 2 previous titles, based upon a franchise that is almost 20 years old...the original Witcher, to this day, is totally jank to play and the story had so many continuity issues that I doubt most people could remember exactly what happened. The second one was better in the gameplay department, but still had issues with the story not stepping all over itself...

I mean, don't get me wrong, the Witcher 3 is a brilliant game, and derived from a well established and loved franchise that predates the games...but it's not an equal comparison.

Mass Effect Andromeda is not Mass Effect 4...it's a whole new story in the established universe of Mass Effect. It's not going to be as good as Mass Effect 2's established story beats. It's not going to have the same feel of closeness with the characters as Mass Effect 3. The so-called 'horrid writing' in the game is in part due to the fact people were so up in arms in how dialog-driven games didn't give you enough options...you're talking about a game that has dialog that far exceeds the 3 previous titles combined.

I mean, for god's sake CJ, you have the game DESPITE railing on it for how long? You're playing it, so either you're just the worst troll out there, or you're just one of the largest hypocrites on this entire site. Take your pick.

20. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Apex Missions Launch Mar 24, 2017, 08:23 DarkCntry

The Half Elf wrote on Mar 24, 2017, 08:21:
Worst problem with Multiplayer is it needs dedicated server. Too many idiots with 3rd world internet connections hosting while their mic is open picking up every single idiot in their household.

Yes, and for some strange reason you can't actually disable VOIP, despite the option for doing it exists in the menus....

I do really dislike P2P, because it seems like everyone has PotatOS systems, and it throttles you to match.

16. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Apex Missions Launch Mar 24, 2017, 05:18 DarkCntry

Lord Tea wrote on Mar 24, 2017, 04:31:
Game still isn't available here on Steam (central Europe). I even searched for it. Nothing. It's not even mentioned.

Not that I cared much because there is nothing I despise more in a game than paid micro-transactions, and MEA has them all...

Non-forced micro-transactions in a strictly PvE setting.....so yea, complain about the most pointless thing ever.

12. Re: On Sale Mar 24, 2017, 03:38 DarkCntry

CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 24, 2017, 02:06:
DarkCntry wrote on Mar 24, 2017, 01:24:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 24, 2017, 01:07:
DarkCntry wrote on Mar 23, 2017, 22:49:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 23, 2017, 22:21:
I heard MEA multiplayer is the best part of the game. Strange.

I've heard people say that the Earth is flat...strange.

Well, yes. People have stated that compared to the single player issues, multiplayer is pretty solid. It appears a more skilled team put it together.

Here's the thing about the single player issues...my experience is that they are very minor, and mostly cosmetic and not at all problematic.

Here's the thing about people defending MEA single player... my experience is their standards have sunk so low they can walk upright on stilts under the carpet.

Keep it up CJ, one day you may actually come up with some valid, non-bandwagon, reason to hate something. Oh who am I kidding, you're always going to be the resident Jester.

8. Re: On Sale Mar 24, 2017, 01:24 DarkCntry

Kxmode wrote on Mar 24, 2017, 01:07:
DarkCntry wrote on Mar 23, 2017, 22:49:

Well, yes. People have stated that compared to the single player issues, multiplayer is pretty solid. It appears a more skilled team put it together.

Here's the thing about the single player issues...my experience is that they are very minor, and mostly cosmetic and not at all problematic.

5. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Apex Missions Launch Mar 23, 2017, 23:14 DarkCntry

1badmf wrote on Mar 23, 2017, 23:10:
what the fuck? most people who are going to play this haven't beaten it yet, but htey're releasing time-limited MP story missions? i cant play this shit cuz i dno't want the SP campaign spoiled!

I beat it last night...honestly unless people are trying to do a lot of the side stuff and/or viability to 100%, you could make due with 18-20 hours for the main campaign.

3. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Apex Missions Launch Mar 23, 2017, 22:49 DarkCntry

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Launches
67. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Launches Mar 21, 2017, 22:22 DarkCntry

Sempai wrote on Mar 21, 2017, 22:14:
FloorPie wrote on Mar 21, 2017, 18:41:
Sempai wrote on Mar 21, 2017, 17:18:
Is there girl/girl action if i make a femshep in Andromeda?

I generally play males in games, but if i get to shag my crew then i may have to go female this go around.

Anyone playing femshep far into it yet?

Why yes, there is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgFHIR7lLC0

"Kill.. me... now." Ought to make the Manslayer "we'll bang, ok?" parodies even funnier.

Buahahaha! That was awful..

I must get this game..

Personally, I like a little human awkwardness sometimes, and that scene wasn't as bad as it could've been. Kallo stealing the scene was the high point, of course.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Reviews
117. Re: On Sale Mar 21, 2017, 09:00 DarkCntry

VaranDragon wrote on Mar 21, 2017, 08:52:
DarkCntry wrote on Mar 21, 2017, 08:40:
You're free to like or dislike something, but that doesn't make you better than someone who does like something you don't.

Where did I say that I am? As for saying something is "good" vs something is "bad" well I basically use my experience of 25+ years of playing RPGs to judge on whether something will be to my liking or not.

The obvious insinuation over the "liking garbage" is a very overt jab.

That said, your subjective tastes are just that, subjective...it doesn't matter how many years you have playing something.

113. Re: On Sale Mar 21, 2017, 08:40 DarkCntry

VaranDragon wrote on Mar 21, 2017, 08:29:
DarkCntry wrote on Mar 21, 2017, 08:25:
CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 21, 2017, 08:12:
-snipped for sanity-

Look, CJ plays a game he's railed on for months and stated he wouldn't lower himself down to the rest of us plebs by playing....

Well I still trust his judgement over yours. Why? Cos he tells it pretty straight. Also, Bioware's last few games have been complete garbage. You might like garbage, but its not for everyone.

I don't care that you trust his judgement over mine...but here's the thing, just because you believe something is garbage doesn't make it true. You're free to like or dislike something, but that doesn't make you better than someone who does like something you don't.

109. Re: On Sale Mar 21, 2017, 08:25 DarkCntry

CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 21, 2017, 08:12:
-snipped for sanity-

Look, CJ plays a game he's railed on for months and stated he wouldn't lower himself down to the rest of us plebs by playing....

105. Re: On Sale Mar 21, 2017, 06:48 DarkCntry

Slick wrote on Mar 21, 2017, 06:45:
I'm still curious, how do people have such well-formed opinions about how the story, characters, missions, animations, etc are all garbage, when the game isn't out yet? Well, it's out right now, but wasn't out at the time of those posts.

Are you all secretly game reviewers with advance copies?

Are you basing the entire game off of the first mission you're able to play with the early access?

Are you just parroting some reviewer who has played the whole game and making that your own uninformed opinion?

Or is it all bullshit?

I've spoken to several people IRL who all had VERY REAL opinions of the game. How Bioware has "ruined" the franchise, and how they dropped the ball, and how the whole thing is fucking garbage and how they deserve to be financially ruined for this abortion of a game. and NONE OF THEM HAVE PLAYED IT! NONE OF THEM EVEN PLAYED THE EARLY ACCESS DEMO!?!?

WHAT IS HAPPENING!?!?!?!?!?!?

Unlike Steam, EA doesn't penalize the use of VPNs for preload unlocks. A lot of people unlocked at midnight in Korea, which was almost 20 hours ago. I unlocked mine at ~11am PST and have been playing off and on since.

736 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo