Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Nameo

Real Name Nameo   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DarkCntry
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 29, 2006, 02:29
Total Comments 894 (Graduate)
User ID 24330

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Epic Sues Fortnite Tester over (Spoiler Alert) Spoilers

19. Re: Epic Sues Fortnite Tester over (Spoiler Alert) Spoilers Oct 28, 2019, 16:33 DarkCntry

Beamer wrote on Oct 28, 2019, 07:55:
Cutter wrote on Oct 27, 2019, 19:35:
Saboth wrote on Oct 27, 2019, 09:56:
NDAs exist for a reason...

If they let this guy off with a slap in the wrist, they'll have people leaking stuff left and right.

It's about the punishment fitting the crime. He leaked a pic of a new map for a FREE game. Epic has lost exactly nothing. If anything he's probably made them money. What's appropriate for shoplifting in your opinion? Hanging?

They lost tens of millions in earned media views. That's quantifiable.

And he won't be sued for much. But if you don't enforce NDAs, why have them? So people are simply on the honor system?

Not directed at you Beamer, and playing Devil's Advocate here, what may seem innocuous to end-users is sometimes far more valuable to the ones actually in the industry.

Now while I doubt the dude did it as a form of sabotage, the information could've been obtained by other companies to plan a strategy around, which could easily result in a very quantifiable damage to Epic and Fortnite.

The chances of it are slim, but it's a way for Epic to set precedent and make sure those that sign NDAs understand that they are documents that have legal weight and aren't just throw-away clauses.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fallout 76 Private Servers Next Week; Wastelanders DLC Delayed

5. Re: Fallout 76 Private Servers Next Week; Wastelanders DLC Delayed Oct 17, 2019, 23:45 DarkCntry

robdot wrote on Oct 17, 2019, 21:27:
Stop blaming the publishers or devs, and blame the dumbfucks who give them money. Seriously,they make a game where food rots. Then sell you a way to make your food not rot. Your armor needs repaired? Here buy this kit ! Why in the name of holy fuck would anyone do that?

You're really going to complain about an fridge that doesn't even equal the perk's, well, perk? That being said, it still takes quite some time for food/drink to spoil just sitting in your inventory.

As for repair/scrap kits, if you have issues with not being able to find one of the many work stations, stash containers, or player camps then maybe video games aren't for you...

We won't even get into the concept that getting atoms for free is just hilariously easy...

News Comments > Yes, Your Grace Announced

4. Re: Yes, Your Grace Announced Oct 3, 2019, 19:31 DarkCntry

Reminds me of Kingdom in style....  

News Comments > GOG.com Turns XI, Releases XIII

9. Re: GOG.com Turns XI, Releases XIII Oct 3, 2019, 17:20 DarkCntry

Sepharo wrote on Oct 3, 2019, 16:56:
Cutter wrote on Oct 3, 2019, 16:42:
Sepharo wrote on Oct 3, 2019, 15:06:
Mentions of games from 2003 always give me flashbacks to when I worked at Game Stop.
I alphabetized that XIII on the shelves many many times.

Did you file it under T or X?

X of course, because the title is "XIII"

Pshh, when I worked at Best Buy back in those days, I organized it with the numbered titles...which back then I think was just this game. I do think my manager didn't get the concept though, cause every time I placed it there and they did their pre-open walkdown, they 'fixed' it by putting it in X

News Comments > Out of the Blue

8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 3, 2019, 17:15 DarkCntry

I would say that video did kinda make a generalized statement about second-person gaming in mentioning choose your own adventure type games, which I might place some of the older text-based adventures squarely into.

Granted though, the notion of second-person gaming would be something interesting if done correctly, which I think would boil down to a subjective experience simply because of the idea that you aren't controlling immediate visual experience.

News Comments > Fortnite X Batman Reveal Tomorrow

3. Re: Fortnite X Batman Reveal Tomorrow Sep 20, 2019, 16:55 DarkCntry

Timmeh wrote on Sep 20, 2019, 11:15:
Oh look another sighting of the ONLY property DC seems to have at all.

I know lets also make a new tv series about Batman's Butler! thats AWESOME!!!! heck lets cancel all of our comic books other than Batman and anything to do with Batman..

Batman's Barber coming to a theater near you in 2020!

Yep, has absolutely nothing to do with the 80th birthday of the character....

News Comments > Paradox Interactive Financials

7. Re: Paradox Interactive Financials Aug 16, 2019, 19:13 DarkCntry

Most of the games Paradox releases does so in a fairly complete sense, meaning that the gameplay is functionally complete and what comes out afterwards can be seen as purely extra content...at least in my experience.

I can't think of much in the way that any of their games have released something in DLC that I felt was missing from the original release purposefully.

News Comments > No Borderlands 3 Preloads

40. Re: No Borderlands 3 Preloads Aug 15, 2019, 17:23 DarkCntry

Kxmode wrote on Aug 15, 2019, 02:51:
Everything you need to know about this.

Epic made over 3 billion last year, and yet their store is held together by popsicle sticks and glue. BTW Steam had preloading for Half-Life 2 as far back as 2004, during a time when most consoles only had physical media. For PC gamers, preloading has been a standard thing for the past 15 years until this year...

If we're going to be completely impartial, you cannot compare Steam's ability to preload then to preloading today. What was the marketshare for Steam back in 2004? I mean, I can't really say outside of that the strain on Steam's infrastructure probably wasn't all that much back then.

News Comments > DayZ Going Into Rehab Over Aussie Ban

24. Re: DayZ Going Into Rehab Over Aussie Ban Aug 14, 2019, 11:43 DarkCntry

Drayth wrote on Aug 14, 2019, 11:09:
DarkCntry wrote on Aug 13, 2019, 21:46:
Drayth wrote on Aug 13, 2019, 21:31:
Darks wrote on Aug 13, 2019, 16:38:
Drayth wrote on Aug 13, 2019, 16:31:
Australia must have some really easily impressionable people living there.

Not that at all, and the US and many other countries could stand to do the same. Shits out of control. And what were they thinking putting in marijuana? How stupid was that!

This site has zero ability to detect humor.

I'm hoping that this is a joke too...

Case in point.

Hey, with some people on here, I have to question everything that doesn't include a /s marker...lol

35. Re: No Borderlands 3 Preloads Aug 14, 2019, 11:42 DarkCntry

I preorder based upon available funds at any given time. I generally like to earmark the money by preordering a title that I am already guaranteed to purchase, allowing me not to worry about it later down the line.

I don't preorder based upon whatever tchotchkes are included, so eh...

News Comments > DayZ Going Into Rehab Over Aussie Ban

19. Re: DayZ Going Into Rehab Over Aussie Ban Aug 13, 2019, 21:46 DarkCntry

Drayth wrote on Aug 13, 2019, 21:31:
Darks wrote on Aug 13, 2019, 16:38:
Drayth wrote on Aug 13, 2019, 16:31:
Australia must have some really easily impressionable people living there.

Not that at all, and the US and many other countries could stand to do the same. Shits out of control. And what were they thinking putting in marijuana? How stupid was that!

This site has zero ability to detect humor.

I'm hoping that this is a joke too...

28. Re: No Borderlands 3 Preloads Aug 13, 2019, 21:11 DarkCntry

Kxmode wrote on Aug 13, 2019, 20:23:
GothicWizard wrote on Aug 13, 2019, 19:58:
And I am over here with Steam that will pre-load CP2077 and VTMB2 without issue. Just like I pre-loaded GTA V, Civ6, MK11 and others. It's calls a platform that is mature and built with forethought vs one rushed out. Marvel vs DCEU all over again.

It's not like Epic needs forethought. All they need to do is copy what Valve did and have preloading standard prior to launching their storefront. It's not rocket science. Just copy the competition.

Devil's Advocate here...

If Epic had done that and basically created a storefront with Steam parity, we'd have equally as much outcry because they "copied Steam"...

News Comments > G2A Extends Keyblocking Tool Signup Deadline

6. Re: G2A Extends Keyblocking Tool Signup Deadline Aug 13, 2019, 00:22 DarkCntry

It's kinda an odd list of groups there...most are studios that have released only a single game, and those are generally less than a year old and the vast majority of them are mobile titles, or mobile titles ported to PC...

I really am not finding any confidence in this list in allaying doubt of G2A's 'attempt' at legitimate measures to combat illegal sales.

News Comments > Tim Willits Joins Saber Interactive

4. Re: Tim Willits Joins Saber Interactive Aug 13, 2019, 00:04 DarkCntry

Cutter wrote on Aug 12, 2019, 22:29:
A 500 person studio and those games are the best they can come up with? Why so many people for such small and crappy games? I'd have assumed they were made by teams of 6-12 people at most.

500 employees across 5 studios...making them roughly 100 per, which isn't really all that big

That being said, your opinion on the quality of the titles and the size of the teams are really worth less than the bits it took to post your reply. According to Steam, MudRunner is a popular title, Metacritic shows World War Z with a 70...

The only title listed that would match your 'crappy and small' games would be NBA Playgrounds.

News Comments > Piranha Games on MechWarrior 5 Epic Games Store Exclusivity

53. Re: Piranha Games on MechWarrior 5 Epic Games Store Exclusivity Aug 1, 2019, 19:59 DarkCntry

Bumpy wrote on Aug 1, 2019, 08:33:
DarkCntry wrote on Aug 1, 2019, 01:58:
MeanJim wrote on Jul 31, 2019, 21:00:
Here's a crazy idea: Release your game on all stores, and let people chose where to buy it. Raise the price on other stores that take a bigger cut to make up for the difference in what EGS takes. It's a win for everyone, consumers get to chose where to buy the game and the dev/pub gets the same profit, more probably since it would be available and getting exposure on more store fronts.

Yea, that would go over like a lead balloon...you'd have people yelling and screaming about how more expensive it is on X or Y store. I mean, we already get this a lot with things like GMG's prices compared to straight Steam.

There's really no 'good' way to do something like that and not have someone, somewhere, screaming about X store making things too expensive.

Boohoo, too bad. If someone wants it badly in their store of choice, they'd need to pay for it and support their freedom of choice.

I happily pay a higher price and buy whatever I can on GOG.com for their lack of anti-piracy software.

Good for you, and until you become the norm the world doesn't work your way.

As I said, a setup like this would create just as much a shitstorm as exclusives would...as it would be creating a preferred storefront to purchase from that may, or may not, go against the general consensus of favored storefronts.

So what is a Dev/Publisher to do? Do they bite the bullet and put it on as many storefronts as possible with varying price points (which can be a nightmare itself) creating an outcry over said different price points? Do they decide to bite the bullet, create an exclusive storefront and get the outcry over said exclusivity?

There's just no 'good' way to do this in the entitled world of the gaming community where everything must be exactly to the specifications of the consumer or else they are somewhere getting ripped off of something.

News Comments > Piranha Games on MechWarrior 5 Epic Games Store Exclusivity

43. Re: Piranha Games on MechWarrior 5 Epic Games Store Exclusivity Aug 1, 2019, 01:58 DarkCntry

MeanJim wrote on Jul 31, 2019, 21:00:
Here's a crazy idea: Release your game on all stores, and let people chose where to buy it. Raise the price on other stores that take a bigger cut to make up for the difference in what EGS takes. It's a win for everyone, consumers get to chose where to buy the game and the dev/pub gets the same profit, more probably since it would be available and getting exposure on more store fronts.

Yea, that would go over like a lead balloon...you'd have people yelling and screaming about how more expensive it is on X or Y store. I mean, we already get this a lot with things like GMG's prices compared to straight Steam.

There's really no 'good' way to do something like that and not have someone, somewhere, screaming about X store making things too expensive.

News Comments > The Division 2: Episode 1 D.C. Outskirts: Expeditions Release

2. Re: The Division 2: Episode 1 D.C. Outskirts: Expeditions Release Jul 24, 2019, 04:15 DarkCntry

shitty wrote on Jul 24, 2019, 02:34:
stopped playing shit game A YEAR AGO.

April 5th was a year ago? What's it like in the future?

TOTALLY EDGY!

News Comments > Evening Metaverse

3. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 22, 2019, 23:56 DarkCntry

jdreyer wrote on Jul 22, 2019, 22:55:
In her defense, the cat had it coming.

I know that response is tongue-in-cheek, but for completionist sake...

This is the same streamer who kicked their dog on stream, gave their cat vodka on stream, used the n-word very commonly in response to people, and then copywrite-struck Pewdiepie.

The last one I couldn't care less about other than it being an abuse of the system, the others prove that her 'lapses' of judgement are far from it.

I mean, how bad do you have to be to pluralize lapse in an apology?

News Comments > What Happens to Purchases if Google Kills Stadia?

30. Re: OnLive Jul 19, 2019, 21:37 DarkCntry

The Relentless wrote on Jul 19, 2019, 11:26:
When OnLive died, all your games died with it.

Not quite the same, OnLive was a service...you didn't purchase the games.

Now, you could buy digital copies of games via OnLive (a handful of titles), but the vast majority were locked as a service that you pay monthly for.

In that case, you were only paying for said service and not individual games, and when the service stops, so would general access.

In Stadia's case, you're digitally purchasing the games but they remain remote...if Google decides that the service isn't making what it should then you'd lose access to both the service and your overall purchases.

News Comments > Factorio Seeks G2A Chargeback Refund

10. Re: Factorio Seeks G2A Chargeback Refund Jul 13, 2019, 21:57 DarkCntry

Jerykk wrote on Jul 13, 2019, 20:23:
Sorry but cross-region reselling isn't illegal regardless of quantity. Publishers and devs don't like it but that doesn't make it fraud.

As for the delay in G2A's response, it takes time to check 300+ keys against the sales history on the site, especially if they don't have any tools specifically designed to do that. If they don't have any tools for that, they should definitely buy/make some.

If my memory serves, it would more than likely be classed as wire fraud...so yes, illegal.

You're going to tell me that G2A doesn't have the ability to search a table for a specific string within a reasonable amount of time? I mean, there are refrigerators out there that can take a picture and catalog their contents within 5 minutes...how hard can it be to peruse a table of keys looking for a specific string of alphanumerics?

I'm sorry, your constant defense of this obviously shady company is really starting to become tiresome...your whole argument relies on the basis that the reason the Devs are upset is because they don't want anyone to be able to resell their keys, which is a strawman at best and completely asinine at worst. How many articles do you need where Devs have flat out stated that their sole issue with G2A is G2A's inabillity and inaction in regards to protecting the developers from fraudulent sales on their site?

There have been 2 articles over the last couple years in regards to how G2A have seriously hurt indie devs and how G2A shows absolutely no compassion in regards to fixing simple issues outside of going "we're going to work harder" or "if Devs give us legitimacy we'll work with them more!"

894 Comments. 45 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >