Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Scott Gant

Real Name Scott Gant   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Goofball_Jones
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 23, 2005, 19:52
Total Comments 32 (Suspect)
User ID 24214

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > EA Mac Games Released
10. I love my Mac Aug 19, 2007, 07:59 Goofball_Jones

I love my Mac to death, it's my computer of choice and OS X is the cat's ass as far as I'm concerned. But I came to the realization that it's just not a games machine.

Sure, games would run fine on it, just no one is developing for it. It's Xbox 360 time for me. It's been out for 2 years and that's about the time that a console really hits it's stride.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Community Beta Soon
4. Re: No subject Jul 22, 2007, 07:48 Goofball_Jones

will it have a linux version?

bhahahahaha

News Comments > Rush for Berlin: Rush for the Bomb Demo
1. No subject Apr 26, 2007, 12:57 Goofball_Jones

Great! I loved Rush in Rio and I heard they're coming out with a new CD this summer!

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patch
22. Re: No subject Dec 5, 2006, 18:36 Goofball_Jones

That's all fine and good about GW...but wouldn't it be even better if they had 20 or 40 man battlegrounds too instead of just the arena play?

Also, WoW is flirting with the idea of special pre-made characters that are all fitted with the same tier-3 armor and weapons like they sometimes have on the test servers. That makes PvP very interesting as everyone is twinked to the nines so no one really has an advantage over anyone else.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patch
17. Re: No subject Dec 5, 2006, 16:24 Goofball_Jones

I don't see how the PvP in WoW is shit compared to Guild Wars. I played the original Guild Wars and basically it was just arena play on a small map. How does that in ANY way compare to a big 40 man map like Alteric Valley or even Arathi Basin. They're a lot of fun. Well...fun for the Horde since they almost always slaughter the Alliance.

Do the expansions in Guild Wars (which I never bought) bring in big maps with 15 or 40 man maps? Or is it still just 5 man little teams? Ok, how is that better than WoW's battlegrounds?

And with this patch, 2x2, 3x3 and 5x5 teams can compete in arena play in WoW now. Sure, it's copying Guild Wars...but when is Guild Wars going to copy WoW with the big Battlegrounds (or have they yet? again, I don't know).

News Comments > Star Wars Galaxies Updated
3. Re: No subject Dec 1, 2006, 03:50 Goofball_Jones

I'm waiting for the expansion that turns everything back to the way it was before the re-vamp...and pretends everything was a horrible horrible dream when my old creature handler wakes up.

News Comments > World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade Dated
2. Re: mental note to self Nov 9, 2006, 10:20 Goofball_Jones

I would say just stay away from the newbie areas for the new races and the outlands, at least for a few days.

News Comments > Gold - Windows Vista
41. Great. Just...fricken...great Nov 9, 2006, 06:32 Goofball_Jones

Now we get to hear for the next 5 or 6 years all the people that saying "I use XP. XP is great. What, this game won't install on XP? Why no XP support for this? XP was the greatest OS to come from Microsoft"

The XP people will now overtake the Windows 2000 people in the signal-to-noise whine.

News Comments > BF2142 Update
41. Re: No subject Oct 31, 2006, 03:34 Goofball_Jones

The game isn't necessarily horrible

That should be their tag-line on the game box! It's a great selling point! "Buy BF 2142...it isn't necessarily horrible!"

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
1. Yeah Apple, what are you thinking? Oct 22, 2006, 09:45 Goofball_Jones

Selling computers like that...sure you had one of the best quarters EVER recently...so what that you're actually gaining market-share with your hardware. What counts is Gartner says that you're basically can't sustain this.

Apple is dying....any...day...now...for the past 25 years.

News Comments > Final Flight Simulator X Demo
3. Re: So What's different in this new demo Oct 4, 2006, 08:00 Goofball_Jones

I saw the other demo, but what I can't understand is where is all the eye candy? Frankly, it looks just like FS 9: a century of flight.

Is it because it will need DirectX 10?

News Comments > F.E.A.R. Combat Released
53. Re: No subject Aug 18, 2006, 03:43 Goofball_Jones

Don't waste your time on this. I installed it and the only servers that I could find were either DM/TDM or CTF. OK, that's all fine and everything...but the death-nell for me was that it was only 16 person servers up. 16 people? I haven't played a game with only 16 people in years. Give us at least 32 man servers. The more the merrier when it comes to FPS multiplayer.

If 16 man servers are fine with you, then you may like it. I didn't.

News Comments > Battlefield 2 Patch Next Week
5. Re: No subject Aug 13, 2006, 03:17 Goofball_Jones

Is this the patch where they fix all the asshats that play the game?

News Comments > Golden Joystick Nominees
28. Shocking! Aug 3, 2006, 08:34 Goofball_Jones

A list of anything gets released and people start arguing on what should and shouldn't be on the list. SHOCKING! UNBELIEVABLE! WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT IT WOULD HAPPEN?!?!

I haven't gotten done with Zork yet. I'm stuck at the mailbox part....

News Comments > Lost Game Found
40. Re: heh May 22, 2006, 19:35 Goofball_Jones

What amazes me is people like Malakai (whos points were pretty weak really) keep watching the show.

Also, I dislike people like Malakai that thrive only on putting down popular things to make it appear they are "above it all". It's a fricken TV show. Either you watch it or you don't care. What difference does it make?

Yeah Malakai, you're SO much better than those loser people that watch Lost. How great you must be! Oh wait, you watch it also! OH NOES!

News Comments > WoW Patch Plans
5. Re: Ohh how exciting May 20, 2006, 03:16 Goofball_Jones

I DON'T CARE ABOUT __________(insert popular game that still is being played today...like Counterstrike or Day of Defeat). You fire up the game and then it's the same thing over and over again. There are people out there doing nothing but play _______ over and over again, get a life.

News Comments > Warcraft Movie Plans
7. Re: No subject May 9, 2006, 10:21 Goofball_Jones

They should scrap plans on making this a live-action film and instead use the same team that makes the cinematics for Blizzards games.

News Comments > America's Army Deserts Mac & Linux Clients
8. People still play this? Apr 25, 2006, 11:56 Goofball_Jones

I thought it was a great game and all, but every single time I ever tried to play it, there were no servers that had more than 2 or 3 people on them. It was a ghost-town. Same with the free version of Red Orchestra.

Speaking of Red Orchestra, are they getting more people playing the Steam version? I'd go back and play it again if more people played...but again, when you only have 3 or 4 people on a server playing, it's just not worth it.

News Comments > The Da Vinci Code for PCs
12. Re: No subject Apr 8, 2006, 13:33 Goofball_Jones

BorisP

So Phil Spector and Kobe Bryant are in cahoots with the government? Interesting....

I remember when I was growing up my grandfather was out pheasant hunting and he accidentally shot his partner in the foot with birdshot out of a 20 gauge. The county sheriff came out and they filled out a report, but my grandfather "walked away from it". Guess he could do anything he pleased too. Or maybe my grandfather was a member of the Illuminati!

As far as us seeing the evidence, that's usually something physical. Evidence isn't something like "he was charged with Rape and the woman gave up the case....so that's evidence". Um...no, not quite. Mike Tyson was also a HUGE money maker...himself and all the bookies making big money on his fights. Yet he didn't seem to "walk away from it". Maybe you have a conspiracy about that too?

Also, in case anyone hasn't actually read the book: even in the book itself it cites Holy Blood, Holy Grail as almost saying "if you'd like to learn more about this theory, refer to this other book". In fact, I hadn't even heard of this other book until I read The DaVinci Code, which was way before this lawsuit. So I read The DaVinci Code then went out to get Holy Blood, Holy Grail afterwards to follow up on it...per the recommendation of TDC. So really, I can't see these guys suing Dan Brown over this when I'm sure they got other people buying their book afterwards also. I mean, come on.

This comment was edited on Apr 8, 13:40.

News Comments > HoMM5 Limited Edition
9. Another one down the drain. Apr 6, 2006, 03:30 Goofball_Jones

I was so looking forward to playing this too. I was so looking forward to playing "Silent Hunter III" also.

But they might as well be written for another computer system as far as I'm concerned. As long as they have Starforce with them, then I can't use them on my computer.

Heck, I'd even be willing to pay extra for a non-Starforce infected version. Perhaps that will be the wave of the future for them, have a regular version with Starforce, and if you want a non-virus infected version, you pay extra.

Not sure if boycotting them would work either, as they would just see a dip in their sales and say "PC games are dying", being the clueless assholes they are. Either that or there won't be any dip in sales and people will still buy it (like the mocking guys above), then wonder why they're computer is sluggish and they're DVD's no longer play, but instead blaming it on Microsoft or whoever...being that they themselves are also clueless assholes.
This comment was edited on Apr 6, 04:10.

32 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo