eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 26, 2021, 06:54:That would be fucking hilarious if so.
So basically you never got out of the imprisonment sim you start in?
The Half Elf wrote on Dec 24, 2021, 12:49:I would heavily doubt said level (or the game at all) would actually have kids that can be shot or appear harmed; that's likely a big "you're banned off Steam" move.
At the end of the day IF they decided to back out publishing the game because there is a planned school shooting map that will be introduced then how can ya blame them? At the end of the day, you do what's best for the company and the company image (unless you're Activision/Blizzard).
So lets play devil advocate.... DOOM, GTA, Call of Duty have been the poster childs of blame for child violence. Microsoft Flight Simulator was included in the blame for 9/11. If they do produce a school shooting level, and if it has kids that can be shot, it's gonna cause a shitshow of publicity. It'll probably be labeled as a "school shooting simulator", and even the game's title will be a talking point by talking heads on TV.
I can see both sides of the discussion, but I wouldn't want to involve my company with it.
Hanley wrote on Dec 20, 2021, 06:01:yay
I've played it for 5 hours now and it's basically SWAT4 with better graphics and refined mechanics. I grew up on Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon, SWAT etc and really love this sort of thing. Takedown was a complete and utter fucking joke next to this. This, for the first time in YEARS, feels like they made a tactical shooter properly. I was hoping Ground Branch would be what this is now.
It's very satisfying to make it to the end of a level, it's pretty hardcore. Definitely worth the asking price
This had made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.
Argonius the 3rd wrote on Nov 20, 2021, 11:49:Well, there was Death Loop? Which has the odd highlight of being a Microsoft game that's a Sony console exclusive...
Xbox games studios is dominating the AAA market for 2021. EA, Ubisoft and Activision have nothing to compete against the likes of Forza Horizon5, Flight Simulator, Age of empires 4, Psychonauts 2 and now Halo Infinite !
Icewind wrote on Nov 20, 2021, 04:25:Coop will still take some months to be patched in, last I heard.
I guess people are judging it by the lack luster multiplayer. Me, I'm just anxious for the campaign and hopefully the opportunity to co-op it with some friends.
RedEye9 wrote on Nov 17, 2021, 19:19:No. MS' priority these days is Azure. Windows is practically an afterthought now, a vehicle for Office 365 apps. Xbox and gaming in general is as it always was: a "fuck you" to Sony.Donkey_Punch wrote on Nov 17, 2021, 19:12:When 95% of their resources are spent on prioritizing ads, bundleware, and service subscriptions and the remaining 5% are used for patching zero day flaws and printer exploits it leaves nothing but lip service for anything else and that's where Phil steps in.
Windows 10 only can emulate older color modes like 16-bit color. Games have terrible frame rate issues without 3rd party apps like DgVoodoo2.
Microsoft themselves can do a lot to help older PC games yet they do almost nothing.
Except literally every single human being that saw the first gameplay teaser ~5 years ago.