Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Rilcon

Real Name Rilcon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rilcon
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 2, 2005, 23:20
Total Comments 228 (Novice)
User ID 24143

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

News Comments > Oculus Rift Privacy Concerns
11. Re: Oculus Rift Privacy Concerns Apr 3, 2016, 11:52 Rilcon

Why anyone in 2016 would buy a Rift over a Vive confuses the hell out of me.

I'm still months (if not a year+) away from being able to buy either (or other), because, you know, 660ti kinda doesn't cut it, but Rift's been being dodgy in every way since before they started preorders, nevermind the whole Facebook and gardenwall stuff.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Hatred Developer's New Greenlight
19. Re: Hatred Developer's New Greenlight Feb 11, 2016, 17:14 Rilcon

Jerykk wrote on Feb 11, 2016, 16:20:
I don't see how this is controversial at all. You aren't shooting helpless refugees. You're shooting armed terrorists who are firing at you. This is no different than Battlefield or Call of Duty.
DangerDog wrote on Feb 11, 2016, 15:38:
Why would anyone be getting their panties in a wad over this game, you're not shooting poor helpless refugees Rolleyes this is the same scenario played out in call of duty games - well until they went all politically correct and you don't shoot at arab speaking soldiers anymore.

Yeah, this... the only controversy is the developer behind it and their bombastic press release, that's it. There've been "shoot the non-descript islamic terrorists" games for well over a decade now, this thing looks no different in theme.

News Comments > Descent-Inspired OVERLOAD Kickstarter
11. Re: Descent-Inspired OVERLOAD Kickstarter Feb 10, 2016, 19:57 Rilcon

I pledged. Maybe I'm a sucker but whatever; the videos look exactly like a new Descent game, which isn't what I got from the other project, and the goals seem pretty down to earth rather than the usual KS fare or "we'll make the next quadruple-A genre-defining title".  

News Comments > Far Cry Primal 101 Trailer
4. Re: Far Cry Primal 101 Trailer Feb 9, 2016, 12:14 Rilcon

Jagacademy wrote on Feb 9, 2016, 11:27:
Is it still true that this game will have no co-op?
That'd be a pretty big bummer; coop was what I enjoyed the most in the previous two games.

Otherwise I'm still a bit "eh" about this one; I like the setting and the past FC games were pretty solid, but the pokemon-ish creature taming and command gameplay turns me off =/

News Comments > Nordic Games Acquires Imperium Galactica & More IPs
4. Re: Nordic Games Acquires Imperium Galactica & More IPs Feb 2, 2016, 15:15 Rilcon

IG2 is still one of the most fun X4 games I've ever played; if they manage to just fix compatibility, some of the bugs and the horrid memory leak / degradation in long games, I'd buy it in a second.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
6. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 21, 2015, 22:25 Rilcon

FU wrote on Dec 21, 2015, 19:35:
for such a mediocre, down right shitty RPG

Do you get off sexually from making comments like that? I really am curious about what drives so many to just leave derisive comments condemning in absolute terms games (and movies and books and food and anything) that thousands upon thousands clearly appreciate. Is this "hipsters", the whole "I know better than these plebes" thing?

Also, it's either mediocre (ie. average) or shitty (ie. significantly below average).

News Comments > Delete Steam Games
1. Re: Delete Steam Games Dec 4, 2015, 20:37 Rilcon

Wait, why?

The only "use" I can see in this is in severely fucking people over that didn't log off their account somewhere another could access it. I'm hoping there's some sort of verification email or something to go along with something like this?

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Specs
20. Re: Just Cause 3 Specs Nov 24, 2015, 15:38 Rilcon

Dagnamit wrote on Nov 24, 2015, 15:24:

I think you mean Mad Max
Herp, yes.

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Specs
16. Re: Just Cause 3 Specs Nov 24, 2015, 15:03 Rilcon

The minimum requirement for Just Cause (same studio and I'm going to hazard a guess at mostly same tech) was a 660ti; I'm on that card, and ran the game at 1920x1200 with everything set to max (except stuff AA; I never notice a difference over the "medium" settings with those) without framerate issues or drops.

Not too interested in JC3 myself for now, but if your hovering near the minimum specs for it you're probably going to be fine.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Beta Wasn't Balanced
11. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Beta Wasn't Balanced Oct 14, 2015, 20:23 Rilcon

Sigh.

The point of early alpha/betas like this, regardless of the marketing spiel, is to test out technical systems; that the backend can handle keeping track of players, matchmaking, consistent server performance on target (server) machines, customer support workflow, etc.

Balancing is not the point, and whatever people played these past few days is a far cry from the game experience that'll be released. The build, content and design-wise, was likely two months old.

You all need to chill.

That's not to say that the end game will be good or fix everything, just that you shouldn't be expecting proper balance/design from these things.

News Comments > Ubisoft Teasing Something; Maybe Far Cry Primal?
17. Re: Ubisoft Teasing Something; Maybe Far Cry Primal? Oct 6, 2015, 11:46 Rilcon

Cutter wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 09:44:
Rilcon wrote on Oct 6, 2015, 06:16:
Given how bloody bitter everyone on this site has been for the last years, not shitting on something probably singles me out as a shill; or worse, someone that actually enjoys recent games.

Oh fuck right off. We enjoy plenty of stuff around here. We're just tired of seeing the same ol' shit rehashed over and over. Ubisoft produced Valiant Hearts and I applaud them for that. It wasn't a big risk financially for them but they did take a risk and something new and good came out of it. AC, FC, WD, are all the same game and have been for years. It's their own fault for over-milking it. At this point the cow doesn't have a goddamned udder left.

It's like Activision, they used to produce a lot of unique and interesting games. Then Nodick arrived and all it's been is CoD and Actiblizzard games. Weak fucking sauce. But you seem to enjoy weak sauce so knock yourself out. That does not, however, give you any right to judge us. Wait until you've been gaming for more than a week to make remarks like that junior.

I've been "gaming" since I could load up Impossible Mission on my C64 over two decades ago, tyvm. What I'm not is a pretentious hipster that can't stop complaining about "the good old days" and bitching about products they have absolutely no requirement to buy, constantly putting down anyone that dares enjoy them.

Don't like a genre or company or game series? Don't buy it. I keep seeing people bitching about how lame and repetitive and unimaginative this or that is; so, are you constantly being an idiot and buying shit you don't like? Or just bitching about something you have no real knowledge of? Complaining about something not meant for you for not catering to you?

Now more than ever there are interesting games of all kinds out there from everyone, even these big evil companies. And there are also cookie-cutter safe-bet games, too, but hardly the majority in the market. Really, if you're so tired of them stop buying them, stop giving them attention, stop being that kid from the "stop liking what I don't like" meme. Meanwhile, people with a normal blood sodium levels will be continue to fun playing games rather than gnashing their teeth over the idea of games they don't like being made.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to head off to the TV Guide forums to shit-talk Comedy Central for still airing South Park, despite not having watched the show in ten years and having 120 other channels to chose from. Can't let those plebes think they're actually having fun!

News Comments > Ubisoft Teasing Something; Maybe Far Cry Primal?
14. Re: Ubisoft Teasing Something; Maybe Far Cry Primal? Oct 6, 2015, 06:16 Rilcon

Creston wrote on Oct 5, 2015, 20:42:
Maybe they could tease no longer handing PC versions of their games to the amputated gimps at Ubisoft Kiev.

I haven't played the latest Hitman, AssCreed or Watchdogs, but FC4 at least runs with everything high/max on my ~4 year old rig with a GF660, so that one at least seemed like a pretty decent PC version.

Cutter wrote on Oct 5, 2015, 21:03:
Can these assholes not do anything original? Just rehash the same shit over and over? Worse still, on an annual basis. Exact same game reskinned. Yawn.

Unless I missed out on something, games set in the ice age (or even remotely similar eras) aren't remotely common. At least I'm pretty interested for the setting alone, though I also happen to like the FC3/4 open world stuff; Apparently that makes me a low-brow mongoloid, but it's a great time killer, stress relief, and great fun in coop.

Given how bloody bitter everyone on this site has been for the last years, not shitting on something probably singles me out as a shill; or worse, someone that actually enjoys recent games.

News Comments > AvP Classic 2000 Gets Cross-Distributor Multiplayer
2. Re: AvP Classic 2000 Gets Cross-Distributor Multiplayer Feb 25, 2015, 21:58 Rilcon

Rebellion owns the full rights to the AvP "classic" game. In the sense that they can handle patches, expansions and rereleases without having to deal with FOX or Activision (Sierra). Original contract must've been pretty sweet, with Sierra not being as savvy as most modern publishers and FOX probably just not caring much.

Not that the profits from this won't all go into the Kingsly's buying a new suit of armour or sports car, of course.

News Comments > Another Mass Effect 3 Bounty Weekend
9. Re: Another Mass Effect 3 Bounty Weekend Mar 28, 2012, 23:16 Rilcon

Shipped or Sold doesn't matter much to EA. They're a publisher, not a platform holder; whether the retailers they sold the copies to can peddle them off or not doesn't matter all that much (except for potential DLC sales and future retailer interest, of course).

Also, this sort of event consumes very few resources. One guy to edit a few values in a database, one to fix up some art from existing assets, and one to make a fancy news item. Nothing that would take more than a full man-day .

News Comments > Far Cry 3 in September
16. Re: Far Cry 3 in September Feb 16, 2012, 05:22 Rilcon

I was going to bitch about people bitching, but then I tried to watch the trailer and was prompted to log into a facebook account I don't and never will have.

So, fuck this game.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Jan 21, 2012, 01:10 Rilcon

Your point being...?  

News Comments > Codemasters Complaints
3. Re: Codemasters Complaints Jan 13, 2012, 23:11 Rilcon

I've worked with this guy, and know people that've worked at Leamington Spa Codemasters studio. Gonna go ahead and trust what he's saying.

That said, "unpaid overtime"... All my overtime is fucking unpaid; he should be thankful he got anything back from overtime, even if it was just pizza.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Demo Today
14. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Demo Today Jun 21, 2011, 11:25 Rilcon

Thread is now about SoF 1. God damn that game was fun; it played the GORE AND VIOLENCE card a lot, but had the gameplay to back it up.

I managed to finish 1 and 2 on whatever the hardest difficulty was called by only killing bosses and trigger enemies. That was good times.

News Comments > Hitman Absolution Announced
7. Re: Hitman Absolution Announced May 10, 2011, 15:39 Rilcon

I reserve the right to be optimistic.  

News Comments > GOG.com Drops Geo IP
5. Re: GOG.com Drops Geo IP May 10, 2011, 04:19 Rilcon

Blessed be those people at GoG, as someone that travels a lot IP geolocation screws me over pretty bad pretty often.  

228 Comments. 12 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo