Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Rilcon

Real Name Rilcon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rilcon
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 2, 2005, 23:20
Total Comments 240 (Novice)
User ID 24143

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 6, 2016, 12:28 Rilcon

People blame fake news for making Trump president and consider it the worst thing ever, but when Trump's people say they'll move against fake news, it becomes protected speech...  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
7. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 6, 2016, 07:15 Rilcon

Good for him.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
18. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 29, 2016, 20:48 Rilcon

sir wrote on Nov 29, 2016, 20:14:
Oh scary wary woo, now the powers that be will know that I occasionally look at videos of large breasted ladies and like watching classic rock videos on Youtube. Somebody lock me up already. It seems to me that the only people scared of this legislation are those with something sinister to hide. It's akin to that crap that's often spouted about how the UK is a horrible place to live as it is the most surveilled country in the Western world. Really? Well, I've lived here all my life and the supposedly Orwellian observation is completely non-intrusive. Unlike, say, a round from a semi-automatic AR-15. But we don't have many civilians wandering about with those over here.

I don't mean to be insulting, but after having lived about equal time interspersed in the US, UK, mainland Europe, and also a few years in western Asia, I gotta say that this is one of the dumbest comments I've ever read online. Like, it's at that teetering point where it might be coming from a place of absolute blind ignorance, or blatant trolling; and these days, it's really hard to tell which.

Seriously, it ticks all the boxes for a quote from a model citizen in some dystopic novel. Funny how so many of those take place in the UK...

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
12. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 29, 2016, 19:10 Rilcon

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 29, 2016, 18:59:
sir wrote on Nov 29, 2016, 18:04:
Cutter wrote on Nov 29, 2016, 11:17:
Popular opposition to the law has already provoked over 133,000 citizens to sign a petition calling for its repeal, and although that is unlikely to happen, the petition's motion must now be considered by Parliament.

133,000 out of 65 million people. Kind of says it all about how most Brits value their privacy and allowing Big Brother to do whatever they want. Very sad indeed.

Actually it says more about how this story has successfully flown under the radar and received little coverage since it first became an issue, but don't let that get in the way of your obvious attempt at trolling.

It certainly flew under the radar in terms of public perception, but think about what that says about UK media... from outside (German viewpoint) it seemed like the UK media made a concerted effort to not mention this negatively. Even big proper news sites had opinion articles FOR this law. Meanwhile in Germany and elsewhere, it was considered as "something worse than 1984 put into law" (that was a sadly unofficial quote)

Meanwhile, the UN derided the law as and I quote "worse than scary" and found that the UK gov led an and I quote "orchestrated propaganda campaign through its allies in the media to get the law passed with public consent"

That is some scary shit, coming from the UN. Gotta say I am actually glad a country like that isn't in the EU for much longer

Pretty much this. I'm an expat now in Germany, but I lived in the UK for almost a decade and have lots of friends there, so kept myself abreast on this matter. It was one of the most revolting things I've ever witnessed, between the larger UK media just not covering much at all, and the complete lack of political opposition.

Multiple reports and public hearings with civilian experts from the industry and civil rights groups all trashing the entire thing, completely ignored. Whole thing was fast-tracked so hard. Like ffs, the voting for its approval was 3/4the empty because those that /said/ they opposed it were too spineless to attend and say anything.

US gets a lot of flak, much of it deserved, but even now it's a god damned utopia compared to the UK.

News Comments > EVE Online F2P Launches
7. Re: EVE Online F2P Launches Nov 15, 2016, 13:00 Rilcon

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 15, 2016, 12:10:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Nov 15, 2016, 11:49:
Also play the game that Donald Trump won the election off by saying Hillary Clinton has failed the USA with Benghazi and got one of the most influential players in EVE killed. Sean Smith AKA Vile Rat.
?? Whaa?

Sean Smith, one of the americans killed in the Benghazi attacks, was a "talking point" during and before the elections; it should be easy enough to find a few mentions of his name here and there, as well as his grieving mother's speech at the RNC denouncing Clinton.

He was known in EVE as Vile Rat, undoubtedly among the top 3 most influential players in the game, both in its virtual politics and social aspects, and as a player representative for the developers. He was also a Something Awful goon, but I'm not sure what pull if any he had over there that wasn't directly related to his EVE antics.

That's just general context, though; the exact meaning of that comment is something I'm unable to decipher.

News Comments > SAG-AFTRA Statement
9. Re: SAG-AFTRA Statement Oct 20, 2016, 22:53 Rilcon

"secondary payments when games hit a certain level of success with consumers"

Fuck off. Most game VAs are utter garbage and are paid ridiculous amounts for less than a day's work comprising the entire game. Meanwhile the actual devs spend 2-4 years on the project and "only" get normal wages, nevermind royalties.

You should get paid for the work you do, not for the imaginary value you give it, not when most VA's could be replaced by random devs or people off the street pulled into the audio room for a few minutes were it not for these repulsive guilds and syndicates and still do a better job.

If you're going to have a cry about not being able to feed your family in between jobs, maybe get a steadier job.

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced for Consoles
54. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Announced for Consoles Oct 18, 2016, 19:43 Rilcon

A child-like part of me hopes they just say "oh, we need another few months for PC".

But right now I'm just bitter. Even if it is just PR spiel and a PC version is coming, it's a scumbag play.

And if there isn't at all, whoever made the call needs to get gout. On the tip of their pecker. PS4 /or/ Xbox exclusive I could understand, because that gives perks; but there's no reason to exclude PC in this day and age if you're already going for both those two, technical or otherwise.

News Comments > More Red Dead Redemption Teasing?
3. Re: More Red Dead Redemption Teasing? Oct 17, 2016, 11:37 Rilcon

nin wrote on Oct 17, 2016, 11:28:
As long as it's not multi only, I'm all over it...

The multiple characters makes me think it's at least part multi...

Hopefully it's more a hint at having a posse or outlaw band to be in / manage.

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption Tease?
9. Re: Red Dead Redemption Tease? Oct 16, 2016, 15:26 Rilcon

Please be a new Red Dead, please be on PC...

:<

News Comments > Hitman Season Finale Details
2. Re: Hitman Season Finale Details Oct 12, 2016, 18:26 Rilcon

Commercially I have no idea.

I bought the "full game" early on and come back every few weeks when something like this is released or just to churn through some of the new "escalations" and challenges. The game is /a lot/ better than Absolution, much more like Blood Money, in terms of gameplay and feel. The ovearaching "story" is completely irrelevant to anything, utter fluff with no impact on the missions or anything, and really they could've saved themselves the budget used on those cutscenes

I enjoy it, was a decent buy.

News Comments > Star Citizen Squadron 42 Delayed
42. Re: Star Citizen Squadron 42 Delayed Oct 10, 2016, 14:58 Rilcon

If this thing ever comes out, is just half of what's been promised over the years, and isn't a bug-ridden, janky disaster, sure, I can see myself putting down $50 or the like for it.

As it is, it's just a lot of really fancy tech demos and PR. I can see why people buy into the hype, though, which is why I'm staying well away from any "early demos" or long-presentations or whatever.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
8. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 27, 2016, 14:51 Rilcon

Acleacius wrote on Sep 27, 2016, 11:17:
UKs Top Police Warn That Modding Games May Turn Kids into Hackers
Or, idiot police have no idea what hackers or modders are, but needed a little fear to keep their budgets growing. Clearly they needed to get the word terrorist into their incompetent assessment.

Did you actually read the article?

The title is click-bait, the content is basically "police" trying to get people that like modding interested in cyber-security, law enforcement, or normal tech jobs.

News Comments > TOXIKK & Free Trial Next Month
2. Re: TOXIKK & Free Trial Next Month Aug 20, 2016, 09:07 Rilcon

So, it's basically Unreal Tournament but made today?

I say that as a good thing.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
10. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 22, 2016, 05:23 Rilcon

"patenting math is bullshit"

What's the difference between complex mathematical equations and computer code? What makes the years of study and research to figure out a consistent way of generating certain geographic shapes worth less than the lines of code to make a few pixels move up and down a screen?

This isn't patenting "2+2=4", it's patenting the equivalent of a an instruction manual to build a car.

News Comments > Dead Rising to Rise on PCs
10. Re: Dead Rising to Rise on PCs Jul 19, 2016, 18:50 Rilcon

Well I liked 1 (360) and 2 (PC) =/

Will consider if it's fixed up (and I imagine it will be). Especially if it gets coop.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 15, 2016, 11:29 Rilcon

Because One games are already required to run at a minimum fixed framerate, even if they don't achieve it or have to cheat for it. Saying the Scorpio will give better results at current res for current or future games is admitting the One isn't cutting it.

It's bullshit; whether it's marketing bullshit or software/hardware enforced bullshit is another matter. Either way I fully expect them to start adding additional effects and shaders and whatnot at some point specific to the S and ignore they ever made this statement here.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: USC cancels video games panel due to lack of women Apr 29, 2016, 20:51 Rilcon

Wow shitlord, why don't you consider the gender violence imposed on women developers forced to suffer panels lead by archetypical patriarchs? These are the sort of injustices that leave lasting scars and deny freedoms to future generations.

</s>

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 20, 2016, 14:25 Rilcon

"Leaves" is fancy terminology for "hey guys, my office code isn't working anymore?".

I don't think I've seen anyone in the industry be more of a huge cunt and so quickly brutalize their own persona as this guy. And it's the same industry Phil Fish is in, cripes.

News Comments > Op Ed
39. Re: Op Ed Apr 18, 2016, 10:43 Rilcon

Speaking of heads up backsides...  

News Comments > Op Ed
33. Re: Op Ed Apr 18, 2016, 00:25 Rilcon

I can't express how much I loathe this guy.  

240 Comments. 12 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo