Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Rilcon

Real Name Rilcon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rilcon
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 2, 2005, 23:20
Total Comments 451 (Amateur)
User ID 24143

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs

2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 17, 2020, 21:35 Rilcon

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 17, 2020, 20:13:
DDoS should be illegal.
They are. Creating or distributing programs to execute them, however, isn't. And it would be really weird for DDOS programs to be illegal but not full auto shotguns or the like...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 13, 2020, 11:37 Rilcon

I've always just "aimed" by moving the mouse with my thumb and pinkie, not wrist, and moving arm if I need to do an immediate over 90 degree turn; how do you even do "wrist aiming"? Wouldn't that throw off the path due to curvature?  

News Comments > Get Headsnatchers for Free

7. Re: Get Headsnatchers for Free Jan 10, 2020, 00:21 Rilcon

Kxmode wrote on Jan 9, 2020, 22:40:
RedEye9 wrote on Jan 9, 2020, 20:04:
Donít forget, you have a limited amount of time to activate your key on Steam.

I had game keys from HumbleBundle and Direct2Drive that I was able to activate on Steam two and four years after purchase. As long as the key hasn't been used or revoked by the publisher (e.g. not likely to happen with a Humble Bundle purchase), a person can activate them years after purchase. I know you hate Steam, but stop posting misinformation.

Humble Bundle Steam keys from purchased games and bundles, including monthly, do not expire. Free keys, and keys from several other services, do, giving you helpful deadlines like so: https://i.imgur.com/LpQoniE.png

So,
stop posting misinformation

News Comments > Evening Metaverse

5. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 8, 2020, 21:57 Rilcon

"Big Think" inflated the numbers several times over, and is, very literally, owned by the infamous Koch brothers. The same that pour millions into organizations that "question" the existence of man-made global warming.

Plainly put, it's a blatant lie published on a seemingly legit platform in order to make people believe there's nothing they can do to effect change, that they're as guilty (or even more so) than any corporation, and to just accept the status quo and keep consuming.

Something something against a wall...

News Comments > Get Darksiders Warmastered, Darksiders II Deathinitive, and Steep for Free

7. Re: Get Darksiders Warmastered, Darksiders II Deathinitive, and Steep for Free Jan 1, 2020, 17:55 Rilcon

Three free games?!

The hands on the Doomsday Clock move three minutes closer to midnight.

News Comments > Get Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair for Free

13. Re: Get Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair for Free Dec 31, 2019, 18:13 Rilcon

NKD wrote on Dec 31, 2019, 18:03:
RedEye9 wrote on Dec 31, 2019, 17:29:
http://archive.today/Q03Va

Why the archive?

Perhaps to record the moment we sold our souls to the devil and forfeit the world to an age of Epic darkness.

News Comments > Get Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair for Free

3. Re: Get Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair for Free Dec 31, 2019, 13:51 Rilcon

I claim this free game, thus pushing our world one step closer to tyranny and darkness.  

News Comments > Get The Talos Principle for Free

39. Re: Get The Talos Principle for Free Dec 30, 2019, 11:02 Rilcon

El Pit wrote on Dec 30, 2019, 10:09:
This thread is officially sponsored by Cracker Jack Popcorn! Popcorn

It is both interesting and frightening to see how many social communities, from website/forum members to countries to unions of countries are getting more and more divided and angrier and angrier...

Is this maybe a sign that people are so well-off that they have nothing to worry about than e.g. who is buying his games from which store? Not sure, but it maybe I am on the right track.

Alternatively, a sign that people's lives are so full of stress and outside forces exerting control over them that they take out their frustrations and rage at lightest prod over the most trivial of issues online, as its the only safe vector for it.

(for now, anyway)

8. removed Dec 29, 2019, 14:13 Rilcon

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Dec 30, 2019, 17:48.

4. removed Dec 29, 2019, 14:02 Rilcon

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Dec 30, 2019, 17:48.

News Comments > Steam 2019 Chart Toppers

5. Re: Steam 2019 Chart Toppers Dec 27, 2019, 14:43 Rilcon

Frijoles wrote on Dec 27, 2019, 13:23:
phinn wrote on Dec 27, 2019, 10:36:
Finally picked up Sekiro... as someone who is a big fan of the previous 5 Soulsborne games this game is incredible, the combat is so involved now and the openworld design is great as ever.

How's the difficulty? I have a friend that bought it and stopped playing saying it was too hard (he's done all the DS games so he's familiar with the gameplay). I think the only reason I was able to finish DS3 was because I could summon help on the bosses. You can't do that in Sekiro can you?

No summons, no. And it goes along the general sense of DS games in terms of structure (semi-open world, bonfires, collecting soulds, big nasty bosses, boss runs, cryptic story), but the combat is specific to a fairly niche build most people don't use in Demon/Dark Souls.

It's heavily parry-focused, with backsteps to get out of the way and jumps for some bosses' sweeps. Blocking and rolling will lead to eating a lot of hits. In DS you could tank with a shield or abuse iframes (or do magic and ranged), you can't in Sekiro. The mechanical hand that can do special moves is severely limited in ammo, as well.

Overall I'd say it's easier than DS games; it's more linear and less punishing its level and boss design, but it leans really heavy on fast parrying as the main combat mechanic; master that and it's fairly easy.

News Comments > Google Stadia Founders Get Buddy Passes

1. Re: Google Stadia Founders Get Buddy Passes Dec 16, 2019, 20:27 Rilcon

I don't think people that use Stadia have "friends", and getting a Buddy Pass from someone seems like a good way to know who to ghost.  

News Comments > Game Awards Nominees

9. Re: Nov 20, 2019, 05:19 Rilcon

This reads more like a list of which games had the highest marketing budget than anything else. How the hell is a literal walking simulator like Death Stranding even included? It may be art, but calling it a game is straining the definition beyond meaning..  

News Comments > Terminator: Resistance Released

18. Re: Terminator: Resistance Released Nov 17, 2019, 20:34 Rilcon

Kxmode wrote on Nov 17, 2019, 19:27:
Why is there a checkpoint? If the answer is consoles, today's console have hard drives making the checkpoint system obsolete. So why do developers persist with checkpoints? Does it take too much development time to put in a save/load anywhere system?
Pacing and dealing with save-scumming in a simple and obvious (to the player) way. Some developers want players to replay scenarios/encounters "as intended" and not "from the instant before things went wrong", and designing and implementing systems for detecting when things "will go wrong" before they actually do is folly in most genres. It is, simply, a design decision.

News Comments > Terminator: Resistance Released

1. Re: Terminator: Resistance Released Nov 17, 2019, 13:01 Rilcon

Releasing a sci-fi movie tie-in game within a few days of an apparently pretty decent Star Wars game riding the high of a new TV series and upcoming movie...

ouch

News Comments > Commandos 2 HD & Praetorians HD Beta Access with Preorders

1. Re: Commandos 2 HD & Praetorians HD Beta Access with Preorders Nov 13, 2019, 10:38 Rilcon

Ooh, I loved these games back in the day.  

News Comments > Epic Sues Another Tester Over Fortnite Leaks

5. Re: Epic Sues Another Tester Over Fortnite Leaks Nov 12, 2019, 21:14 Rilcon

Cutter wrote on Nov 12, 2019, 21:05:
So anti-consumer exclusives first, now wafflestomping for 100 grand for taking a screenshot. Great way to win over consumers. You're an idiot if you support Epic. Probably the same assholes who still support Blizzard no doubt.
I, too, support flagrantly breaking clear-cut, explicit, signed contracts for the sake of reddit gold.

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption 2 Troubleshooting Includes Launcher Patch

27. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Troubleshooting Includes Launcher Patch Nov 6, 2019, 18:27 Rilcon

They're very different games. I'd say "yes", based on hours of entertainment I got out of it and the feeling of overall "quality". It doesn't however have as as much of a "western" feel as Call of Juarez.  

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption 2 Troubleshooting Includes Launcher Patch

23. Re: Red Dead Redemption Troubleshooting Includes Launcher Patch Nov 6, 2019, 12:56 Rilcon

El Pit wrote on Nov 6, 2019, 11:22:
Avus wrote on Nov 6, 2019, 11:20:
El Pit wrote on Nov 6, 2019, 08:59:
Simon Says wrote on Nov 6, 2019, 07:07:
No key remapping...

Really? Well, then this a definite no buy for me. If I can't change from WASD to arrow keys, I'm out for good. Also: basics for a pc port: KEY REMAPPING!

not really, with a quick youtube search
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaq_QIRtT6A

Thanks! So you can actually remap the keys but need a 3 minute video tutorial explaining how to. Well... At least you CAN remap the keys if you can find the option!
The menus of RDR2 are hilariously awful. Which menu has what feels random, multiple menus deal with the same topic but don't point to eachother or hint at their existence, the button mapping for how to navigate and interact with menus changes between menus.

Same deal for many interactions in the game itself (pick up a comb? Hold X. Pick up a flower? Press X. Pick up a card? Hold Y, then press B)

I wonder if someone's made a chart of all the different menus and pages, probably more complex than many early 90s adventure games...

News Comments > Evening Mobilization

4. Re: Evening Mobilization Nov 6, 2019, 07:17 Rilcon

Google ending support for a product just years after launching? Truly shocking.  

451 Comments. 23 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >