Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Rilcon

Real Name Rilcon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rilcon
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 2, 2005, 23:20
Total Comments 259 (Amateur)
User ID 24143

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jul 23, 2017, 14:05 Rilcon

Serious question: Why keep putting up article's related to Pachter?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Sells 4M
2. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Sells 4M Jun 23, 2017, 20:17 Rilcon

Neat, good for them.  

News Comments > Ex-PAYDAY Devs: GTFO
6. Re: Ex-PAYDAY Devs: GTFO Jun 1, 2017, 13:19 Rilcon

It's extremely unlikely a game designer, even the lead game designer, would have anything to do with monetization. There are different departments/people for that, very specialized in what they do, and GD can do little more than make it as painless as possible while complaining all the way through.  

News Comments > Flying Tigers: Shadows Over China Takes Off
2. Re: Flying Tigers: Shadows Over China Takes Off May 29, 2017, 14:26 Rilcon

As far as I recall, Janes stopped pumping out new sims, then IL2 Sturmovik and later DCS stuff came out and everyone went "OK, I guess that's good enough" for the next fifteen years.  

News Comments > Starfighter Origins Tomorrow
23. Re: Starfighter Origins Tomorrow Apr 24, 2017, 19:22 Rilcon

It's UE4; you can tell by its trademark shimmering and refraction and by how its says UE4 at the end =p  

News Comments > Overwatch Skins Leak?
9. Re: Overwatch Skins Leak? Apr 10, 2017, 06:17 Rilcon

plz go back to /pol/  

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Adds Free Content
2. Re: Killing Floor 2 Adds Free Content Mar 22, 2017, 08:31 Rilcon

Would've really liked the LMG to have a higher RoF, make it feel like RO's MG 42; stream of lead (with the goodbye-ammo downside). As it is I don't think it really adds that much, with the P90 seems superior for the same usecases.  

News Comments > Starbreeze Investing in System Shock 3
9. Re: Starbreeze Investing in System Shock 3 Mar 15, 2017, 01:08 Rilcon

Cool.  

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Betas Set Records
2. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Betas Set Records Mar 1, 2017, 22:50 Rilcon

Coop is fun. I mean, most games with coop are fun because you're playing with friends, anyway, but if shoot shoots are your thing and you like coop, it's good.

It's the most arcadey "Tom Clancy" game ever made, though. It's more "Far Cry: Military Guys" than anything else.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 24, 2017, 15:32 Rilcon

Cutter wrote on Feb 24, 2017, 13:07:
ForgedReality wrote on Feb 24, 2017, 10:23:
Yay! nVidia wins again! XD

No, what this article clearly illustrates that only the criminally insane are fans of Nvidia.

Seriously though, 9.5 years? That's fucking it? This is why the world not only needs a global death penalty, but we also need summary executions in open and shut cases like these. Just take them out of the courtroom around back of the courthouse to a firing squad and be done with it.

You get more prison time for running a torrent site for TV shows than for murder.

Like, that sounds like some sort of "meme" or whatever, but it's actually the truth.

News Comments > For Honor Cheaters Banned
9. Re: For Honor Cheaters Banned Feb 24, 2017, 15:27 Rilcon

thecakeisalie wrote on Feb 24, 2017, 14:54:
"These bans are applied on an account level, not at the hardware level"

So Ubisoft is allowing the cheaters to just make another account so they can buy the game again and keep playing. They pay lip service to the community by "banning" cheaters yet allow the cheaters to pony up the cash for the game again and play if they want to. Never one to pass up a quick buck, eh Ubisoft? LOL.

As someone that deals with handing out bannings on some services, hardware or other "fingerprint" style bans are extremely easy to circumvent and almost always impact innocent users. They're only useful as an immediate, temporary, stopgap.

But yes, of course ~LOL UBIBUX SUX~ XD etc.

News Comments > Steam VR for Linux Debuts
4. Re: Steam VR for Linux Debuts Feb 22, 2017, 19:57 Rilcon

Well, I know two, so, uh...?  

News Comments > Next Overwatch Hero Greek?
8. Re: Next Overwatch Hero Greek? Feb 20, 2017, 17:04 Rilcon

I didn't realize the BN community had this many assholes in it. I mean, going by these comments, y'all voted for Trump and wear MAGA caps indoors.  

News Comments > WBIE Announcement Tease
2. Re: WBIE Announcement Tease Feb 2, 2017, 12:23 Rilcon

(I'd rather a new Shadow or Mordor being announced)  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
29. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 4, 2017, 19:11 Rilcon

Can you source to where wikileaks made those claims? I believe there's a difference between them publishing an email as-is and a third party like Alex Jones taking it well out of context and warping it into absurdity.  

26. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 4, 2017, 17:52 Rilcon

People have always trusted the intelligence communities
We must live in alternate realities; nobodies trusted these since the cold war started.

Nothing actually found in the Podesta emails (or the Clinton emails) was even remotely bad
I'd say the DNC clearly showing favoritism to Clinton over Sanders since day one was pretty bad. Also DNC/Clinton getting special access to interviewers / debate organizers to prepare questions for Clinton and against her opponents seems pretty bad. And there's how the Clinton foundation used the Clintons speeches and contacts in foreign countries and large companies to amass wealth and influence for reasons that don't seem very much related with charity and more "for profit", as was spelled out. Also how well tracked "top donors" are and the funny relation the numbers of zeroes have with positions in the state department. Those things seem pretty bad to me. Maybe not illegal, but nobody sane was hoping to find evidence of ritualistic murders or plans to bomb an orphanage.

The RNC was also hacked, but since they had an agenda none of those emails were released to the public.
That's your interpretation. Another one is that there was nothing of interest to anyone in them, or that the level of access had was less because of "better" security (aka hovering over a link before clicking it).

Since nothing of consequence was found in the emails there is no reason to be upset with anyone but the hackers. Hacking another nation's political process is an act of war. You should care who did it
All the hackers did was publish how politicians think and talk behind our backs. Also, they did nothing more than what the NYT did by revealing stolen Trump tax documents, and I remember people praising them for that.

And if this was an act of war then I guess the US is currently at war with a lot of countries.

When the cries of "show me proof" are answered with "here's proof" your first response can't be "well I don't trust you anymore!".
If by proof you mean the recent joint report, that's not proof. It just states that Russians would know how to do this and how, and that everything pointing to Russia is just speculation.

we can believe the CIA, who doesn't seem to have any particularly strong motive here
What strong motive did the CIA have to fund the cocaine trade into the US?

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Jan 4, 2017, 17:27 Rilcon

Did they manage to nab the server code somehow, or create their own?

Don't you need to have bought WoW in a box to use this, anyway?

What's the moral difference between getting a free 11 year old version of a heavily patched/"updated" game you can't otherwise play officially, and getting an 11 year old abandonware game that's no longer sold?

23. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 4, 2017, 17:19 Rilcon

1. Why do people now trust the likes of the CIA or NSA?

2. Who even cares who "hacked" (very strong word for falling for a phishing attack...) the emails? It wasn't the russians writing those things, and the writers aren't disputing their veracity. If someone hacked your SO's phone and only showed you proof they were fooling with somone else, who would you be mad at?

News Comments > Project IGI Developers Buy Back IP
9. Re: Project IGI Developers Buy Back IP Jan 3, 2017, 21:16 Rilcon

Whoa, Project IGI; that's one name I didn't expect to hear of again. Nostalgia...  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 6, 2016, 12:28 Rilcon

People blame fake news for making Trump president and consider it the worst thing ever, but when Trump's people say they'll move against fake news, it becomes protected speech...  

259 Comments. 13 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo