Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Rilcon

Real Name Rilcon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rilcon
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On December 2, 2005
Founding Supporter Silver, since February 24, 2020
Total Comments 461 (Amateur)
User ID 24143

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits

2. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Mar 29, 2020, 17:32  Rilcon 

Needs to be cheaper than AMD. Sane people aren't gonna pay 50% extra for a 5% speed boost in niche scenarios.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.

2. Re: etc. Mar 29, 2020, 00:34  Rilcon 

You could also do non-lethal for 90% of both games by shooting guns (and sidearms) out of enemy hands, except for a few trigger and boss enemies. Probably not the way it was meant to be played, but made it more fun for me =p  

News Comments > Control's The Foundation Expansion This Month

6. Re: Control's The Foundation Expansion This Month Mar 13, 2020, 18:23  Rilcon 

Story was fairly "erm, OK whatever I guess", but I found the graphics to be pretty good and didn't have any performance issues or glitches...  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs

2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 24, 2020, 15:09  Rilcon 

Hey, he considered it... in exchange for Assange lying for him.  

News Comments > Metro Exodus on Steam

3. Re: Metro Exodus on Steam Feb 15, 2020, 15:49  Rilcon 

It was $60 on EGS at launch iirc.

Or $1 on Gamepass.

News Comments > Evening Interviews

6. Re: Evening Interviews Feb 6, 2020, 10:07  Rilcon 

Probably why they've been buying up studios for the last two years.  

News Comments > Evening Interviews

4. Re: Evening Interviews Feb 6, 2020, 09:20  Rilcon 

Why do they bother?
So that Sony doesn't have a monopoly over the "gamer" console market.

News Comments > Rocket League macOS and Linux Refund Update

17. Re: Rocket League macOS and Linux Refund Update Jan 27, 2020, 05:08  Rilcon 

Tim Sweeny has been openly vocal about not liking Linux in the past. They're probably upgrading to 64bit because of memory limitations due to of the amount of cosmetic DLC they're adding.

That is without a doubt, unquestionably, despite over a decade of reading comments here from all sorts of Blues News "celebrities", the absolute most hilariously stupid thing I have ever read on this site. I can only hope that you're being facetious, in which case hat's off to you, but at this point the level of vitriol towards and ignorance of the game dev industry evident on this site is so great that I'm inclined to take this complete absurdity at face value.

If you can play games on it, it's a gaming platform. People game on Android phones and tablets. Android is Linux based, is that not a gaming platform? The PS4 uses a port of FreeBSD as its operating system, is that not a gaming platform? The Switch's OS is also BSD based, as is macOS. If they can support those platforms, why not macOS?
An oscillator built in 1968 can play Space Wars, does that make oscillators gaming platforms? What about an ATM? It runs Windows CE, and that can run games; are ATMs gaming platforms?

Fucking Christ, the dogmatism in games' tech is comical. Stallman doesn't even stand out anymore.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding

3. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Jan 23, 2020, 06:21  Rilcon 

jdreyer wrote on Jan 23, 2020, 00:30:
Yeah, I want a Roman gladiator simulator, where I can name them Maximus and Crixus and Spartacus, and where I can dole out prostitutes and grapes as rewards and motivators.
Should check out Domina, then.

This looks nice, but a bit too fantastical for me, because yeah, would be looking for a more involved / realistic Domina myself.

News Comments > Ubisoft Shakeup to Improve Gaming Experience

15. Re: Ubisoft Shakeup to Improve Gaming Experience Jan 19, 2020, 01:39  Rilcon 

I like plenty of Ubi games just because they're decent timewasters. Some days I just want to spend an hour or two listening to some YT video or whatever while performing simple tasks in a big open world as a way to relax and clear my head.

Other days I load up some very violent/aggressive games to let off steam. And sometimes I like to play complex or involved RPGs, RTSs, or difficult twitchy games that need my actual attention either to follow the story or just not run into a virtual wall.

But anyway, Ubi games have had a place in my free time, and if they can keep having that place while adding some more variance I don't see the issue.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs

2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 17, 2020, 21:35  Rilcon 

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 17, 2020, 20:13:
DDoS should be illegal.
They are. Creating or distributing programs to execute them, however, isn't. And it would be really weird for DDOS programs to be illegal but not full auto shotguns or the like...

News Comments > Out of the Blue

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 13, 2020, 11:37  Rilcon 

I've always just "aimed" by moving the mouse with my thumb and pinkie, not wrist, and moving arm if I need to do an immediate over 90 degree turn; how do you even do "wrist aiming"? Wouldn't that throw off the path due to curvature?  

News Comments > Get Headsnatchers for Free

7. Re: Get Headsnatchers for Free Jan 10, 2020, 00:21  Rilcon 

Kxmode wrote on Jan 9, 2020, 22:40:
RedEye9 wrote on Jan 9, 2020, 20:04:
Donít forget, you have a limited amount of time to activate your key on Steam.

I had game keys from HumbleBundle and Direct2Drive that I was able to activate on Steam two and four years after purchase. As long as the key hasn't been used or revoked by the publisher (e.g. not likely to happen with a Humble Bundle purchase), a person can activate them years after purchase. I know you hate Steam, but stop posting misinformation.

Humble Bundle Steam keys from purchased games and bundles, including monthly, do not expire. Free keys, and keys from several other services, do, giving you helpful deadlines like so: https://i.imgur.com/LpQoniE.png

So,
stop posting misinformation

News Comments > Evening Metaverse

5. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 8, 2020, 21:57  Rilcon 

"Big Think" inflated the numbers several times over, and is, very literally, owned by the infamous Koch brothers. The same that pour millions into organizations that "question" the existence of man-made global warming.

Plainly put, it's a blatant lie published on a seemingly legit platform in order to make people believe there's nothing they can do to effect change, that they're as guilty (or even more so) than any corporation, and to just accept the status quo and keep consuming.

Something something against a wall...

News Comments > Get Darksiders Warmastered, Darksiders II Deathinitive, and Steep for Free

7. Re: Get Darksiders Warmastered, Darksiders II Deathinitive, and Steep for Free Jan 1, 2020, 17:55  Rilcon 

Three free games?!

The hands on the Doomsday Clock move three minutes closer to midnight.

News Comments > Get Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair for Free

13. Re: Get Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair for Free Dec 31, 2019, 18:13  Rilcon 

NKD wrote on Dec 31, 2019, 18:03:
RedEye9 wrote on Dec 31, 2019, 17:29:
http://archive.today/Q03Va

Why the archive?

Perhaps to record the moment we sold our souls to the devil and forfeit the world to an age of Epic darkness.

News Comments > Get Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair for Free

3. Re: Get Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair for Free Dec 31, 2019, 13:51  Rilcon 

I claim this free game, thus pushing our world one step closer to tyranny and darkness.  

News Comments > Get The Talos Principle for Free

39. Re: Get The Talos Principle for Free Dec 30, 2019, 11:02  Rilcon 

El Pit wrote on Dec 30, 2019, 10:09:
This thread is officially sponsored by Cracker Jack Popcorn! Popcorn

It is both interesting and frightening to see how many social communities, from website/forum members to countries to unions of countries are getting more and more divided and angrier and angrier...

Is this maybe a sign that people are so well-off that they have nothing to worry about than e.g. who is buying his games from which store? Not sure, but it maybe I am on the right track.

Alternatively, a sign that people's lives are so full of stress and outside forces exerting control over them that they take out their frustrations and rage at lightest prod over the most trivial of issues online, as its the only safe vector for it.

(for now, anyway)

8. removed Dec 29, 2019, 14:13  Rilcon 

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Dec 30, 2019, 17:48.

4. removed Dec 29, 2019, 14:02  Rilcon 

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Dec 30, 2019, 17:48.

461 Comments. 24 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >