452 Comments. 23 pages. Viewing page 4.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    23  ] Older

Re: Democracy 4 Announced
Sep 14, 2018, 20:53
yonder

Re: Democracy 4 Announced Sep 14, 2018, 20:53
Sep 14, 2018, 20:53
 yonder

It always entertains me when people don't realize that a given game isn't trying to be what they want it to be, so their complaints aren't valid.

It's like people complaining that the original Dungeons game from 2011 was a bad Dungeon Keeper game. Well... that might be so, but it wasn't TRYING to be a Dungeon Keeper game... so the criticism isn't relevant.

Re: etc., etc.
Sep 8, 2018, 11:23
yonder

Re: etc., etc. Sep 8, 2018, 11:23
Sep 8, 2018, 11:23
 yonder

"Look, a company that has been screwing customers over for a quarter century has become so hated that, for ONCE, they changed a game. THE SYSTEM WORKS!"

F*cking Libertarians. Possibly the most naive on the simpleton political spectrum.

Re: New Online Middle-earth Game Plans
Sep 5, 2018, 03:37
yonder

Re: New Online Middle-earth Game Plans Sep 5, 2018, 03:37
Sep 5, 2018, 03:37
 yonder

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 5, 2018, 00:45:
Athlon's website is about the most generic thing I've seen in years. Three links, doesn't tell shit about actual game name accomplishments and for what little is there, this is fun:

"There are currently no job openings available. We’re always looking for talent though, so please email your resume to careers@athlongames.com"

No jobs but always looking, gotcha!

Feeling Daybreak'ish.

Literally everything on it screams placeholder. A whole entire ONE news announcement. References to the IMPLICATION that they make a lot of awesome games without a single example of a game they've done.

Global Headquarters across Eurasia? Sounds like a ton of money being thrown on a brand new corporation... meaning... the money doesn't want people to associate the new project with the money's old work.

Also... Athlon Games? Really? Are they unaware that the name has a history in the gaming world? Yes, it's not that uncommon outside of gaming, but c'mon... it's almost like the money behind the company has no clue about gaming and tech...

Re: Sunday Interviews
Sep 2, 2018, 18:20
yonder

Re: Sunday Interviews Sep 2, 2018, 18:20
Sep 2, 2018, 18:20
 yonder

Cutter wrote on Sep 2, 2018, 15:12:
No it doesn't unless you're on a very limited budget, which Valve most certainly is not. They could have dev Valve and store Valve without breaking a sweat.

Since resources are, by definition, limited... yes... yes they do. There are only so many supremely talented people in the world, only so much time in the day, and only so many days on the calendar.

Saying they don't take resources away is like telling someone to give 110% and then meaning it literally.

Re: Star Citizen Scraps CitizenCon Keynote Stream Fee
Sep 1, 2018, 11:30
yonder

Re: Star Citizen Scraps CitizenCon Keynote Stream Fee Sep 1, 2018, 11:30
Sep 1, 2018, 11:30
 yonder

Let's not pretend that this is time-sensitive info. Watching this tomorrow instead of next-weekend isn't going to change the lack of a game in any way.
The only reason to stay on top of the news, minute-to-minute be is to have a current record of all the changed plans and broken promises... which is a full-time job.

Re: Evening Metaverse
Jul 13, 2018, 22:58
yonder

Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 13, 2018, 22:58
Jul 13, 2018, 22:58
 yonder

Cutter wrote on Jul 13, 2018, 21:56:
Destiny pointed to a couple of other reasons for the ban, while M0E argued that using the word “fag” is passable because he didn’t use it with any homophobic intention.

“My intent was never hate filled,” m0E said on Twitter. “If you know me at all you would know that homophobia is one word that has never been associated with me before.”

The stupidity is strong with this one. Clearly he's not getting the whole pejorative thing. Another self-entitled moronic millennial. Saw a great T-shirt the other day which read "Stop Making Stupid People Famous".

The ONLY time that defense is POSSIBLY okay is when 100% of the intended audience understands and accepts the context. If you're streaming, that's public, and it's automatically non-applicable.

I'll use myself as an example. I have some buddies that I text/IM things that, if made public, would offend MANY people. But the people I interact with in that way understand the context and it's usually satiruco (such as a verbatim quote to mock the person who initially said it sincerely).

That's why I give more leeway to certain situations where what someone said privately became public. I may ask "Was it a joke? If so, what was the joke specifically?"... That type of thing.

But no... if you're vulgar in public it's because you're a vulgar person.

Re: Saturday Safety Dance
Jun 30, 2018, 19:41
yonder

Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jun 30, 2018, 19:41
Jun 30, 2018, 19:41
 yonder

Posh Spice, natch!

Re: Europa Universalis IV: Dharma Announced
May 20, 2018, 09:24
yonder

Re: Europa Universalis IV: Dharma Announced May 20, 2018, 09:24
May 20, 2018, 09:24
 yonder

"which does not caste any light on the game"

NICE!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Released
May 9, 2018, 07:48
yonder

Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Released May 9, 2018, 07:48
May 9, 2018, 07:48
 yonder

StingingVelvet wrote on May 9, 2018, 03:59:
I've honestly never had major bug issues with Obsidian game

/stinkeye

Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Released
May 9, 2018, 07:47
yonder

Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Released May 9, 2018, 07:47
May 9, 2018, 07:47
 yonder

CJ_Parker wrote on May 8, 2018, 23:06:
A few hours in and pretty good so far but like every Obsidian release it has "Bugs Bunny was here" written all over it (cue a fanboi claiming they had ZERO bugs both here as well as the release version of the original game in 3... 2... 1...).

There is one really bad crash early on if you take the "game over" path.
Yes, that's right, you can literally end the game after five minutes by being uncooperative so the crash is not really that bad as far as progression in the game goes but for many people, myself included, it crashes the game and locks up the PC so it's still kinda meh.

Other than that, my save import from the first game seems to have worked fine contrary to many other people (or maybe I just have a really bad memory and don't even get a chance to give a shit), no more crashes in over three hours, decent performance but lots and lots of little bugs and issues that add up.

There is also an official list of known major issues (um, so after having a beta and a delay, why does the game still ship with KNOWN MAJOR ISSUES in the first place, Obsidian, hm? Weeeelll?? Why??? ).

Anyway, guess I'm gonna keep playing for a few more hours, then shelve it for a proper playthrough around xmas when all the DLC is going to be included and when it is hopefully patched up really well.
It's certainly a special game that deserves to be played in its best possible state.
Well, and xmas is a much nicer time of year for such an epic RPG anyway.

So far, so good. Give it a few patches and then this is going to have the potential to be RPG of the Year award material.

I actually started up a new POE1 character a week before 2 launched so that I won't play POE2 for a few weeks, maybe even a month, because there's no way I'd play an Obsidian product on Day 1. Definitely really enjoyed the first one, however.

Re: Evening Legal Briefs
Apr 26, 2018, 22:57
yonder

Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 26, 2018, 22:57
Apr 26, 2018, 22:57
 yonder

I assume it should be pursue, not peruse.

Re: Comments on Steam User Reviews Disabled by Default
Apr 26, 2018, 18:44
yonder

Re: Comments on Steam User Reviews Disabled by Default Apr 26, 2018, 18:44
Apr 26, 2018, 18:44
 yonder

I've actually commented on numerous Steam Reviews. For example, there's a certain game I've invested hundreds of hours in lately that frequently gets comments like this that I saw today:

"In my opinion the best *game genre* since *certain historic game*, compelling story, stellar characters that stick to memory and evoke emotion, mechanics that feel real and believable most of the times. Immersive."

With over 300 hours.

But yet... it's a negative review. Why? Buggy as hell upon release. But they have "0.0 hours in the past two weeks" and so I let them know they're full of crap for absolutely LOVING a game and yet leaving a negative review without following-up. If Steam had a "First Impressions" review category and a "long after release" category that'd be fine, but they don't, so all these "it was buggy on release but I loved it but I'm leaving a negative review but I'm not going to follow-up" get downvotes for me. I leave them a comment letting them know that I'll change it if they bother following up.

FWIW, I *DO* agree the game at hand was released a few months early and it's a GREAT example of Miyamoto's "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad."

And I refused to leave a positive review until they fixed the release bugs, which they have.

Re: Sunday Metaverse
Apr 16, 2018, 04:24
yonder

Re: Sunday Metaverse Apr 16, 2018, 04:24
Apr 16, 2018, 04:24
 yonder

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 15, 2018, 21:54:
Cutter wrote on Apr 15, 2018, 21:43:
Yeah, as this becomes more and more prevalent with insurance companies denying you insurance because you won't agree to be spied on 24/7 where will all those advocates of the "free market" be? For those of us in our poor ol' socialized democracies we don't have to worry about the bullshit.

Considering how many people run around with fitness trackers I'd be very careful of hoping for "socialized democracies" being immune to this. Insurers will push for it, that's guaranteed. And it only takes 1 weak government and a lobbyist in the right position and even we would be fucked.

And really, once this

You don't use mandated tooth brushing products? +25% on the rate)
You don't use mandated tooth brush with full sensors? +25% on the rate
You don't go the fitness center every 3 days? +25% on the rate
You don't use a full vitals tracker? +25% on the rate
You drink alcohol? +25% on the rate
You eat meat? +25% on the rate
You smoke? +25% on the rate

Becomes reality (at the start only for those receiving subsidies by the state), it will not be optional anymore for those people in our countries. And that's how they will creep this into our laws. You can be sure of it.

I've got news for ya...

Re: Out of the Blue
Apr 9, 2018, 02:18
yonder

Re: Out of the Blue Apr 9, 2018, 02:18
Apr 9, 2018, 02:18
 yonder

"look no further than Kenya’s Rift Valley"

Gee, it's almost as if it's called a Rift Valley cuz there's a gigantic, y'know, rift there... one that's been slowly expanding ever since we were able to measure continental drift.

Re: etc.
Apr 8, 2018, 17:46
yonder

Re: etc. Apr 8, 2018, 17:46
Apr 8, 2018, 17:46
 yonder

jdreyer wrote on Apr 8, 2018, 17:22:
Creston wrote on Apr 8, 2018, 14:17:
Most old games had no ending to speak of, just a line of "Whoo, you did it! Go you!"

Best ending of a classic game was the end of Impossible Mission on the C-64. "No, NO, NOOOOOOO!"

The "wrong" ending in Karateka was also life-long memorable like Impossible Mission. Great times.

And yeah... ME3. Yet again PCGamer tries to be cool by subverting the obvious and fails utterly.

Re: Razer Game Store Launches
Apr 6, 2018, 13:51
yonder

Re: Razer Game Store Launches Apr 6, 2018, 13:51
Apr 6, 2018, 13:51
 yonder

chickenboo wrote on Apr 6, 2018, 13:29:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Apr 6, 2018, 11:23:
RedEye9 wrote on Apr 6, 2018, 11:14:
Instead of doing something that anyone can do WHY don't you focus on making reliable peripherals?

This is the first thing I thought. Hah. I don't buy Razer products anyways so it won't affect me...

My Deathadder 2013 is still going strong 4 years on. It's comfy, accurate, and the thumb grips haven't shown signs of wearing out yet. I'm quite pleased it's been issue-free. Judging by the Razer subreddit, there's no end to issues with their laptops.

Not sure why four years is anything to bring up in a discussion on hardware quality, unless your point is that the performance hasn't been terrible so far.

Re: Morning Metaverse
Apr 2, 2018, 20:34
yonder

Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 2, 2018, 20:34
Apr 2, 2018, 20:34
 yonder

Beamer wrote on Apr 2, 2018, 16:03:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Apr 2, 2018, 16:00:
Bard wrote on Apr 2, 2018, 14:14:
Facebook.

It is silencing activism against the ethnic cleansing of Palestinians.

An example of the things Companies should not have the ability to do.
I'm just waiting for the EU's GDPR to go into effect so I can request all data be permanently deleted and have that be legally binding. It will also guarantee that Facebook provides all data it holds you, as currently it can claim it does without any legislation to compe it to do so.

Facebook went from being a useful method to keep in touch with friends and family to be a parasitic marketing tool used to manipulate people and silence political discussion by placing users in echo chambers. I've already uninstalled the client and moved to Messenger Lite to avoid the egregious advertising introduced to the main client. I honestly don't miss it at all.

I never used the client. First thing I do when getting a new phone is uninstall it. I don't use Messenger, either (it never caught on with anyone I know, though I know it's huge.) I just use a Wrapper, like Folio Pro, which pulls data from the mobile site and puts it in a more app-like experience.

Which is why, when I download my data from Facebook, it has nothing unexpected about me. No "apps" I've enabled to use my data, as anytime I click a link that asks to connect I reject. No insights. Just a very basic profile about me, the type of information I'm ok with literally anyone knowing about me, and which helps them give me ads that suck slightly less. If Facebook wants to know my age, education, where I live, gender, and that I enjoy luxury watches, I don't care. There was nothing in the data beyond that.

It's almost like you understand how the internet works. Also... "Announcing 1.1.1.1: the fastest, privacy-first consumer DNS service" <--- if you want my business you might want to learn basic grammar first. I know using commas correctly is no longer in vogue these days but give us a break, that's ridiculous.

Re: Morning Metaverse
Mar 29, 2018, 00:48
yonder

Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 29, 2018, 00:48
Mar 29, 2018, 00:48
 yonder

Cutter wrote on Mar 28, 2018, 14:22:
And I probably return 90% plus of what I order online because I can't see and handle it physically.

I you're anything like your online persona... I find that completely and utterly believable. You give curmudgeonly a bad name. If you honestly return 90% of the crap you buy I guarantee you that your account is flagged and that Amazon has no *REASON* to give you anything resembling decent customer service. Learn how to shop dude.

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 28, 2018, 21:19:
Cutter wrote on Mar 28, 2018, 14:22:
And I probably return 90% plus of what I order online because I can't see and handle it physically.
What? I call bullshit. You are returning 90+% of online purchases? If that's true, why ever do it again?

You must be new here Trust me, "returns 90% of online purchases" is exactly what his personality is. Remember his name, you'll notice a pattern.

Re: Tomb Raider Remasters Axed
Mar 22, 2018, 12:27
yonder

Re: Tomb Raider Remasters Axed Mar 22, 2018, 12:27
Mar 22, 2018, 12:27
 yonder

"We've received an official letter from Square Enix. TR3 Mobile, and PC ports is cancelled. The demos we've sent were not good, interesting enough for them. All our Youtube videos have been taken down,"

If your tech/art skills are on par with your grammar/PR skills, I fully endorse this getting shut down.

Re: Sea of Thieves' Stormy Start
Mar 21, 2018, 14:41
yonder

Re: Sea of Thieves' Stormy Start Mar 21, 2018, 14:41
Mar 21, 2018, 14:41
 yonder

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Mar 21, 2018, 11:12:
Considering they had a long open/closed Beta, I'm curious what the hell happened.

Just because you have the *opportunity* to fix problems doesn't mean they'll be fixed. It's a Microsoft-owned studio. You should expect that, there's about 20 years of evidence.
452 Comments. 23 pages. Viewing page 4.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    23  ] Older