Total Posts
452 (Amateur)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

452 Comments. 23 pages. Viewing page 23.
Newer [  1    8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ] Older

YAY!
Oct 22, 2007, 21:55
yonder

YAY! Oct 22, 2007, 21:55
Oct 22, 2007, 21:55
 yonder

This makes me, of course, quite happy. 0% chance going back to SWG now, even with the upcoming pre-CU emu. My heart lies elsewhere.

Re: The Advocate
Aug 23, 2007, 07:09
yonder

Re: The Advocate Aug 23, 2007, 07:09
Aug 23, 2007, 07:09
 yonder

I think this is great!
Online authentication for games is great. Securom still needs some work though.

The devs needs to make back money for the millions they spent. Being that it isn't an MMO or a multiplayer game, their are no servers to authenticate with.
So how else are they to prevent hundreds of thousands of people downloading it and installing it without buying it on release day???
How???

These measures are in place because of a large section of PC gamers think it is cool to steal software that cost millions to make and they are honoring devs by playing it for free. As with most laws, it's those peoples fault procedures like this are necessary.

There has been more whining little children whining about this game than I have seen in a long time. It's crap like this developers don't need, as much as it sucks to say it, it actually makes sense to leave PC whining girls behind and just produce for consoles.

If anyone has a better solution to make sure they get money back on release day, feel free to share your wisdom, otherwise your complaints are worthless.
This message was edited at Aug 22, 16:36.

Easy solution. Quite ass-raping your paying customers, and more people will willingly become paying customers. I bought Galactic Civ 2 for two main reasons:

1)Recommendation from my friends
2)NO FRIGGIN COPY PROTECTION!!!

They deserved my financial support. While I won't buy a game simply because it doesn't have copy protection... I will be more likely to buy a game that doesn't over a game that does. If they are roughly the same amount of awesomeness... the non-copy-protected game will get my money every time.

GalCiv2's sales numbers back up my point.

There is a 0% chance that I will ever, *EVER* buy games with ass-raping copy protection. No, not because it's "cool" but because I don't enjoy being treated like a criminal, or else I'd shop at stores (*cough* Best Buy *cough*) that check my receipt and bag and pat you down whenever I leave...

I'm really, really glad I didn't buy BioShock on PC yet.

As bad as the "RE5 is racist" blog
Aug 3, 2007, 12:55
yonder

As bad as the "RE5 is racist" blog Aug 3, 2007, 12:55
Aug 3, 2007, 12:55
 yonder

Classic:

"They call us names when we lose, and they call us names when we win. I'm not talking about schoolyard names here, I'm talking about street-slang, gang-banging hateful names, usually referencing genitalia or degrading sex acts." The GR8s are currently playing Tom Clancy's® Rainbow Six Vegas™ (ESRB rating "M") ; Ghost Recon™ (ESRB rating "T"); Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter™ (ESRB rating "M") , EA Games® Battlefield II Modern Combat™ (ESRB rating "T"), and Microsoft Game Studios® Gears of War™ (ESRB rating "M"). Our role in the multiplayer gaming community is as guardians of children, ages 8 to 14, whose numbers are ever-increasing online.

Good times!
Jul 16, 2007, 08:25
yonder

Good times! Jul 16, 2007, 08:25
Jul 16, 2007, 08:25
 yonder

"I'm surprised EA is still supporting the game. Usually they abandon all support after a month."

True true... honestly I'm surprised EA has a QA department. I was about to nominate C&C3 as most patch-deserving game ever (in the post-Tribes2 era of course).

Good times.

Stupid venom
May 30, 2007, 17:41
yonder

Stupid venom May 30, 2007, 17:41
May 30, 2007, 17:41
 yonder

I love how venomhead says "Unfortunately, this Guild post will turn into a Censorship debate, not what I want, but it happens." right after intentionally posting about censorship.

Well... when you post something that retardedly idiotic and then try to pretend that your intent wasn't to start a discussion about it.

And that whole "free speech" and "censorship" BS is really, really old.

Can we just assume that this is one of Ranier's alt's?

off-base...
Jul 27, 2006, 12:32
yonder

off-base... Jul 27, 2006, 12:32
Jul 27, 2006, 12:32
 yonder

Where was this article a few years ago when FFXI came out on the PS2 and you were REQUIRED to buy a hard drive for it (note... this obviously wouldn't have happened on the xbox at the time).

He keeps mentioning xbox live and "online accounts needed for every game" next to each other. Square Enix's game is the one requiring "for every game". XBL covers "all games". You don't have to buy an xboxlive account for every single game you own, and the writer of this article seems comfortable implying that you do.

FFXI has always been, and is still currently only for, the anime-lusting SE fanboiz with *WAY* too much disposable income. It was that way from the start (how many games have a shelf tag of over 100 dollars?) and is that way currently... we all know this.

10 best gaming years...
Jul 25, 2006, 23:19
yonder

10 best gaming years... Jul 25, 2006, 23:19
Jul 25, 2006, 23:19
 yonder

I like the idea of the article but... how can 2004 *NOT* be on the list? Look at PC games alone in the 2nd half of the year.

The Sims2, Doom3, Half-Life2, Everquest2, World of Warcraft...

seriously guys... they missed an obvious one.

Re: sigh
Jun 8, 2006, 19:31
yonder

Re: sigh Jun 8, 2006, 19:31
Jun 8, 2006, 19:31
 yonder

See, that's the thing... before they had FRIGGIN LEVELS, the game was solid, unique, and unapologetically complex. Those of us that played regularly loved it, and had no desire to go elsewhere. There were no levelcaps when there were no levels... there was just "more stuff to do". And the ever-appealing 6-to-10-month grind to a jedi.

But that was back when the game meant something. How could they not see that we weren't going anywhere. What is it about Sony that makes them have such a fetish for doing as much harm as possible to their customers?

SWG sucks guys... and SOE is lying
Jun 8, 2006, 10:12
yonder

SWG sucks guys... and SOE is lying Jun 8, 2006, 10:12
Jun 8, 2006, 10:12
 yonder

Since we all know that the "new content" will be broken for at least four months... why not just have the "veteran rewards" include a pub12-rollback. Or at least a promise to go six full weeks without a publish (guys... 14 months and 14 publishes after the CU, SWG is speeding its downward spiral...)?
Or maybe a publish dedicated only to "fixing the stupid stuff that we've been lying about fixing for the past three years"?
Since Sony is obviously attempting suicide (just look at their E3 "events") why not just launch SWG while they're at it... this dead MMO has been reeking for far, far, FAR too long.

A Few Thoughts
Apr 13, 2006, 10:37
yonder

A Few Thoughts Apr 13, 2006, 10:37
Apr 13, 2006, 10:37
 yonder

The IQ/education of the average poster here shocks me. First and foremost... here's how you put a monetary value on a video game. Take the number of dollars you put into it into the number of hours you put into it. At 150 hours at 50 bucks, that's 3 hours per dollar. You show me another video game that has that kind of quality. In light of that, I don't have a problem with Bethesda saying "here's some extra crap for you guys if you want for a buck, take it or leave it"

Second of all... the horse armor was planned a long time ago. It was known to anyone who had a remotely passing interest in the game. I won't pretend to know WHEN "horse armor" was first mentioned as an example of an official mod, but it was certainly pre-2006. That means any user-made mod is indeed a rip. Do you guys honestly think it wasn't? Therefore... there's not a single thing wrong with it being pulled.

Re: Supercrap
Feb 6, 2006, 20:24
yonder

Re: Supercrap Feb 6, 2006, 20:24
Feb 6, 2006, 20:24
 yonder

Odd... I thought the no-call on Jerramy "butterfingers" Stevens actually went in *favor* of the Seahawks.

But yeah... the majority of the stupid calls went against Seattle. It's not Pittsburgh's fault that every single opportunity that the Steelers handed the 'Hawks in the first 3 quarters were promptly flushed down the toilet. Seattle shoulda been up 17-3 at halftime.

Idiots
Oct 7, 2005, 20:25
yonder

Idiots Oct 7, 2005, 20:25
Oct 7, 2005, 20:25
 yonder

The idiots being both the legislators and ppl who think this is a good idea or necessary.
I'm looking at the outside of the box for Fable: Lost Chapters, what do I see?

"M Mature 17+"
"Blood, Strong Language, Violence, Sexual Themes"

To claim that's not enough, or that it's less informative than "Parental Advisory" or "R" is... well... just look at my topic plz.

452 Comments. 23 pages. Viewing page 23.
Newer [  1    8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ] Older