Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    23  ] Older

Re: Out of the Blue
Mar 14, 2019, 19:04
yonder

Re: Out of the Blue Mar 14, 2019, 19:04
Mar 14, 2019, 19:04
 yonder

Kxmode wrote on Mar 14, 2019, 17:00:
If a child dies from a preventable illness caused by a parent's refusal to vaccinate their child, then they should be brought up on charges of first-degree murder for knowingly and purposefully refusing to protect their child.

Unfortunately law is based on law, so it would most likely be manslaughter since, y'know, explicit intent.

Feb 8, 2019, 11:12
yonder

Re: Out of the Blue Feb 8, 2019, 11:12
Feb 8, 2019, 11:12
 yonder

As someone who has had shingles*, trust me, it's worth the vaccine!

*Note: I happened to get it when recovering from combo pneumonia-bronchitis.

Still better than meningitis though...

Re: PC Building Simulator Released
Jan 30, 2019, 03:23
yonder

Re: PC Building Simulator Released Jan 30, 2019, 03:23
Jan 30, 2019, 03:23
 yonder

MT Silver wrote on Jan 30, 2019, 02:55:
Slick wrote on Jan 30, 2019, 00:54:
SMITE wrote on Jan 30, 2019, 00:23:
I'll confess to not having played it, but am I the only one who doesn't get the lure of this ... "game?"

I build my own PCs to save money/get better performance for my dollar, etc. I'll admit I feel a certain sense of pride when it all goes right. But I can't imagine building a PC (gotta track down that post error! Was it three beeps? Or four?) and then using my new PC to play a game about ... building a PC.

It's like if I was a mechanic, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't boot up my PC to play a game about being a mechanic.

Maybe I'm just not into the "culture" enough, but ... what's the appeal here?

Ask the kids who prefer to watch twitch streamers rather than play games themselves. "Generation meta" we'll call it.

Strange times indeed.

And the people who sit on a couch and watch people play football instead of going out and kicking a ball themselves... What a bunch of weirdos.

People are STILL making this idiotic argument?!

/sigh

Whenever I think an argument is OBVIOUSLY too dumb for anyone to use, people whip it out. But with Nazis and flat-earthers around, who knows!

Re: Chef: A Restaurant Tycoon Game Early Access
Dec 7, 2018, 09:16
yonder

Re: Chef: A Restaurant Tycoon Game Early Access Dec 7, 2018, 09:16
Dec 7, 2018, 09:16
 yonder

Red886 wrote on Dec 7, 2018, 01:41:
why does this look like a rip off of Restaurant Empire? (menu, ingredients, restaurant construction etc)

Because Restaurant Empire was your introduction to the very popular genre. If it had been any of the other very similar games, you'd claim they were copying that game.

Re: Dragon Age Tease
Nov 29, 2018, 21:34
yonder

Re: Dragon Age Tease Nov 29, 2018, 21:34
Nov 29, 2018, 21:34
 yonder

Sacrifice wrote on Nov 29, 2018, 19:56:
As a big fan of the original, I am not very excited by this. The combat has been getting progressively worse with each sequel.

Yeah it's almost as if EA has, over the past decade, driven away all the decision-makers who made this game and Mass Effect great and now it's just a bunch of corporate heads and overworked code monkeys.

... Wait a sec...

Re: Fallout 76 Update Plans
Nov 27, 2018, 20:28
yonder

Re: Fallout 76 Update Plans Nov 27, 2018, 20:28
Nov 27, 2018, 20:28
 yonder

robdot wrote on Nov 27, 2018, 20:06:
The personal weight limit needs some fix. Your always overweight,or your weapon is broken,or armor is broken, your hungry,your thirsty. Your encumbered. Your weapon is broken. Your armor is broken. Your hungry. Your thirsty. Your radiated. Your encumbered. Your weapon is broken. On and fucking on. This single aspect needs fixed before the game can be any fun at all.
My what?
And my what?
And my what?
And my what?
And my what?
And my what?
On and fucking on.
You're (HA!) allergy to basic English rules needs to be fixed before you're (HA!) whining can be addressed.

Re: Fallout 76 Legal Fallout?
Nov 27, 2018, 16:30
yonder

Re: Fallout 76 Legal Fallout? Nov 27, 2018, 16:30
Nov 27, 2018, 16:30
 yonder

Kxmode wrote on Nov 27, 2018, 13:50:
yonder wrote on Nov 27, 2018, 13:25:
Listen, Beth was FULLY open and forward with what type of game it was going to be, and the state it was in.

Want to know a lawsuit I *DID* respect? The one against Sony over Star Wars Galaxies. Their pre-orders literally advertized classes being included in a DLC, two weeks prior to release, when that DLC removed that class. Now THAT is lawsuit-worthy.

Like what Sean Murray did with No Man's Sky only worse. He knowingly pitched a product that was unfinished with promised features missing at launch. 25% of screenshots in the Steam Store showed content that wasn't in the game at launch (e.g. fleet battles). That was WAY worse than a yanked SWG class and definitely deserving of a lawsuit.

No it was NOT worse, and you're a damned idiot for thinking so just an excuse to flog your NMS hate-boner some more.

That dude was promising features years before release. THINGS CHANGE.

Sony was touting improvements for a class that was being cut in a code-complete DLC literally two weeks before release.

If you don't understand the difference, you should be barred from ever having the right to state an opinion.

TWO.......... WEEKS........

And this isn't an interpretation thing either like with people whining about the lack of NPCs (which Bethesda was VERY forward about). Sony touted specific improvements to classes such as Creature Handler when they very well knew that the expansion REMOVED THE ENTIRE CLASS OF CREATURE HANDLER and didn't transfer any of the CH abilities to new or existing classes.

See how THAT is illegal as all f*ck? It's like hardcore bait & switch, though usually with B&S they advertise a crap product as a way to get you in the door then try to refuse to sell you the crap product in order for you to buy the expensive one.

You're a special brand of dense.

Re: Fallout 76 Legal Fallout?
Nov 27, 2018, 13:25
yonder

Re: Fallout 76 Legal Fallout? Nov 27, 2018, 13:25
Nov 27, 2018, 13:25
 yonder

The amount of people here who don't understand how the law works, or how to spell "precedent" depresses me. I expect more from the Blues crowd.

Listen, Beth was FULLY open and forward with what type of game it was going to be, and the state it was in. If you CHOSE not to watch any streams or read and pre-release press... that's on you. If you're sick of Bethesda's bugginess, then DON'T BUY THE GAME IN THE FIRST PLACE. If you're sick of Bethesda's bugginess and then bought the game and are now throwing a hissyfit because it's not what you wanted even though they were as open and forward as humanly possible... consider that a sixty dollar lesson. If you CHOOSE not to learn it, that's your fault.

The one and only reason I'm playing this game currently is because a friend gifted me the game. It's definitely buggy, and literally NONE of those bugs are refund-worthy... and I logged into a server that didn't fully load, thus literally preventing any of my quests from showing up (plus plenty of minor bugs like animations not working). It was a really easy fix... I just logged out and logged back in.

This is an online game. Literally zero major online games are free of these level of bugs. I understand reality, which is why I am doing nothing but laughing at this lawsuit (and at people who don't know how to spell precedent).

Want to know a lawsuit I *DID* respect? The one against Sony over Star Wars Galaxies. Their pre-orders literally advertized classes being included in a DLC, two weeks prior to release, when that DLC removed that class. Now THAT is lawsuit-worthy.

This isn't.

Nov 23, 2018, 02:20
yonder

Re: Out of the Blue Nov 23, 2018, 02:20
Nov 23, 2018, 02:20
 yonder

bigspender wrote on Nov 22, 2018, 18:25:
Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 22, 2018, 17:51:
Amusingly, on a google of "plant-based comfort food" the top item was a list of seven items, three of which had meat in them. Er, what?

It might be better for me, it might be better for the planet, but frack that stuff. I'll be gone in 15-25 years, free feel to use my ashes to fertilize your plants.

They contain plant-based meat. Which doesn't have any of the environmental impact that animal agriculture does (which is currently the worlds most destructive force) Have you seen the impossible burger?

In 25 years we'll be lucky if we get to eat your corpse. We won't be burning it for ashes because the eco system will be 1/2 collapsed.

If you're trying to convert someone, try speaking to them in their level. Saying something like "They contain plant-based meat." is simply going to automatically turn off a lot of people from giving what you're saying a chance.

Re: Total War: ARENA Closing
Nov 23, 2018, 02:14
yonder

Re: Total War: ARENA Closing Nov 23, 2018, 02:14
Nov 23, 2018, 02:14
 yonder

Burrito of Peace wrote on Nov 22, 2018, 13:21:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 22, 2018, 12:58:
Be warned if you grab Medieval 2, that you will have a shit-ton of issues running that game on W10 1803 with half-way modern many-core hardware.

Since when? I just fired it up and had no issues at all with it.

Same here. I know a solid half-dozen people who play with their friends, no problems whatsoever. Methinks e........ has a specific issue that's not terribly common.

Re: Morning Tech Bits
Nov 17, 2018, 13:40
yonder

Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 17, 2018, 13:40
Nov 17, 2018, 13:40
 yonder

IgWannA wrote on Nov 17, 2018, 13:08:
At what point can we all get refunds for non delivery? I paid my $35 back in 2014 and the completion date keeps getting pushed back indefinitely. If they still haven't released a working game by 2024 can we all get refunds? How long can they go on like this, making more ships and not finishing the game?

Depends on if they *explicitly* promised anything by a specific date. They're clearly showing legal good faith via updates and things like that, so... probably not.

If you don't understand game development, that's not their fault.

Re: Sunday Safety Dance
Nov 5, 2018, 01:04
yonder

Re: Sunday Safety Dance Nov 5, 2018, 01:04
Nov 5, 2018, 01:04
 yonder

Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Nov 4, 2018, 14:46:
Are they doing enough? Well I guess that will be determined by if my party wins or looses.

Too bad they aren't banning people who fail basic grammar.

Re: More Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Hints
Oct 29, 2018, 00:55
yonder

Re: More Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Hints Oct 29, 2018, 00:55
Oct 29, 2018, 00:55
 yonder

jacobvandy wrote on Oct 28, 2018, 23:42:
Meh, if you don't think riding a horse around the countryside is fun, don't buy a game set in the old west... I very much do, and that's even without the crazy maneuvers you unlock once you've bonded with the animal. I'm also enjoying the fact that they don't dumb down the controls for it, either. If you hit a tree or large rock at a gallop, you're not gonna just glance off to one side, you'll be dismounted and both you and your horse are gonna be hurt real bad. You might even be ejected like with some of the worse GTA motor wrecks.

Egads you're nearly the only one here who understands the concept of "great for what it is... if you don't like what this is, you won't like this"

People don't understand the difference between "this is good" and "I like this"... either with guilty pleasures (like people who think Armageddon is actually a good movie) or with genre disconnects. For example, if you HATE when people on horror movies are stupid... you won't like the vast majority of horror movies.

Most of the replies here aren't about the game. It's from people who wouldn't like the game no matter what.

It's as if people who hate Apple pie are all asked to give an opinion on whether or not the Apple pie I baked is any good.

Guess what... if it's Apple pie, it could be the best Apple pie in the world and these people wouldn't like it.

"This is good" and "I like this" are two different things. Please learn the difference folks!

Re: Morning Tech Bits
Oct 24, 2018, 09:03
yonder

Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 24, 2018, 09:03
Oct 24, 2018, 09:03
 yonder

Nimh wrote on Oct 24, 2018, 07:05:
Spektr wrote on Oct 24, 2018, 02:51:
Can anyone enlighten me on how reappropriating a political hashtag can be classified as transphobic?

It's seen as delegitimizing the intent of the message.

It's like McDonalds posting an ad with the hashtag #Ihaveadream on the day MLK was killed. Or someone saying 'all lives matter' in response to 'black lives matter'.

Except for the fact that those two examples are in the current Americana zeitgeist. No one not in the fray has any clue what "WontBeErased" means.

A better example is like how in 2010 Coca-Cola used a "2 girls 1 cup" reference in a FB post.

It's COMPLETELY believable that someone, even today, doesn't know what 2 girls 1 cup means. An Aussia MP is currently in trouble for not knowing that "it's okay to be white" is a saying popular w/ the Extreme Right. It's perfectly believable that he didn't know what it was (though just a cursory investigation of something that is CLEARLY political would give appropriate results).

Re: Saturday Metaverse
Oct 21, 2018, 03:53
yonder

Re: Saturday Metaverse Oct 21, 2018, 03:53
Oct 21, 2018, 03:53
 yonder

Osc8r wrote on Oct 20, 2018, 20:22:
Jessica jones, luke cage and even dare devil I don't understand the point of them, they are so slow and boring AF.

I truly feel sorry for you. Jessica Jones is a great show for adults about the complexities of rape, sexual abuse, the concept of consent, solidarity, feeling of guilt by the victim, and coming to terms with how to continue your life as a Survivor.

But sure... it's boring.

I truly hope you're incredibly young and haven't yet had these adult themes touch your life or the life of a loved one and thusly you're simply farting immaturity out of your ass. In that case, your naivete comes from ignorance and is honestly forgiveable, since we all start from a place of ignorance.

Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Listing Spotted
Oct 21, 2018, 03:45
yonder

Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Listing Spotted Oct 21, 2018, 03:45
Oct 21, 2018, 03:45
 yonder

The butthurt is strong with this thread.

Re: Morning Legal Briefs
Oct 13, 2018, 01:42
yonder

Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 13, 2018, 01:42
Oct 13, 2018, 01:42
 yonder

It depresses me the amount of stupid that is in this comments section.

It's an ACTIVE IP. It's being sold *RIGHT THIS VERY MOMENT*.

It's annoying enough to have this conversation with ignorant people about games that you can't buy, but holy crap people... they were remaking a game that is currently being sold.

There's literally NOTHING wrong with shutting them down.

And, as others have said, if you're just doing this for fun... don't friggin advertise until it's done, and then upload it to a dozen mirrors or so if you must "have it out there"...

I mean... I know people are dense, but DAYUM...

And, as someone who was active in many modding groups 20 years ago, I can tell you that if you think this would have been tolerated 20 years ago... you're a special kind of ignorant.

Re: Assassin's Creed Odyssey Reviews
Oct 2, 2018, 05:56
yonder

Re: Assassin's Creed Odyssey Reviews Oct 2, 2018, 05:56
Oct 2, 2018, 05:56
 yonder

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 1, 2018, 17:43:
CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 1, 2018, 17:29:
-= In YouTube we trust =-
Sweety, I provided one reviewer who states exactly what {PH}88fingers wanted, except for it did not fullfill his request that it be in Blues list.

You failed to provide a single reviewers name, neither print nor video, in your "Try again next week for a few mostly (maybe) unbiased reviews and review sources" blather.

But thanks for playing.

sigh

CJP is a well-known, long-established special kind of *-hole. Just laugh and moved along.

Re: Minecraft: Dungeons! Announced
Sep 30, 2018, 21:01
yonder

Re: Minecraft: Dungeons! Announced Sep 30, 2018, 21:01
Sep 30, 2018, 21:01
 yonder

Alamar wrote on Sep 30, 2018, 20:37:
[VG]Reagle wrote on Sep 30, 2018, 19:25:
Well isnt this a disgusting sell out. Hold on its MicroSux, so pretty much expected.

Seriously have no idea what you mean by this... Any chance you can elaborate?

Good luck w/ getting an answer.

Re: The Bard's Tale IV Released; Brian Fargo Eyes Buying Interplay
Sep 19, 2018, 07:32
yonder

Re: The Bard's Tale IV Released; Brian Fargo Eyes Buying Interplay Sep 19, 2018, 07:32
Sep 19, 2018, 07:32
 yonder

rist3903 wrote on Sep 19, 2018, 06:12:
Kajetan wrote on Sep 19, 2018, 04:36:
Good luck with that sales goal!

The game suffers from a MAJOR lack of polish. Its core is ok, the gameplay is what was promised. But the game needs another 3-4 months at least. Horrible load times of savegames and textures, bad performance all over. This wasnt release ready at all.
Harsh. Is this the sort of thing that can be fixed in post like they did for No Man's Sky?

NMS was lacking in content. TBT4 is lacking in optimization. It's definitely going to be easy to fix in a few months.

WaltC wrote on Sep 18, 2018, 20:27:
Fargo should have held on to Interplay--it was what put him on the map, after all. But, sad to say, really, that Fargo was one of the ones who lost faith in the PC side of the gaming market, and actually went around for years preaching that "the PC is dead" as a gaming platform--playing up consoles, etc. He obviously has learned better! I'm liking the BT IV just fine so far, and it is gratifying that Fargo sees his mistake after all of these years.

I was always puzzled by "the PC is dead" remarks, as my PCs never died--not even once--in terms of game playing, and in all the years I've been in the industry and also as a paying customer of the software houses--Including Interplay, way back when Fargo still had it...;) I never saw a logical reason to reach that conclusion, myself. But Fargo did--Tim Sweeney did--and he's had to admit he was wrong, too, about that. Today, in fact, the two most powerful consoles--the Sony and the Microsoft boxes--are themselves x86 computers inside! The PC won...but as I say, it never made sense to suppose it wouldn't.

Interesting statistics: when I bought my Amiga 500 in '87, it was estimated that the entire installed global market for PCs (Apples, C=, Amiga, and x86 clones) was somewhere on the order of 6-7 million total ! That's it! By 1990, it had grown to ~10 Million installed. Things took off in a big way in '95 because of the Internet boom--and the migration from 8-bits to 16-bits to 32-bit computing was just getting started. Today, a recent estimate I read concerning the total global installed market for PCs is something on the order of 500,000,000...! Huge growth. Also, some 10% (or more, it's another estimate) of those installed are capable of playing any game being sold today--so that's a gaming market of 50M, at least. Count the marginal PCs that can be upgraded to better hardware, and the number jumps to ~100M...;) So I can understand Fargo's initial thoughts on the matter, as well as his wish to return to the PC marketplace today, even if I didn't personally agree with his initial assessment that "the PC was dead"...Very funny when I think back on it...;)

Anyway, it's all good news. I think this is the first time I've ever paid for a game > three years in advance! But I did, and got Wasteland 2 DC, Tides, BTIV, The remastered BT trilogy including BT1, 2 and 3, and the emulated BT1, 2, 3, wrapped in a Windows-friendly exe, all for $75 plus I got a lot of other junk along with it that I can't quite recall at this moment. Honestly, if Fargo had not been involved I don't think I would have put any money on a three-year project. But I did--and Fargo and company delivered, 100% The BT1,2 and 3 Remastered versions far exceeded my expectations (even though BT2 and BT3 remastered are being delivered later in the year.) Happy camper here...;)

You're missing some incredibly valid statistics. You conveniently jump from the late 80s/early 90s to today, skipping the heyday of consoles.

Excluding portables, consoles shipped about 80 million 4th Gen units. 70 million more for 5th Gen. 6th Gen was an additional 110 million units.

You say 500 million PCs. In the early 2000s, it was half that without even counting portables. Consoles ruled from the mid-to-late 90s til about 7-10 years ago. Simple as that.

They still technically outsell the PC in terms of total game sales: 2017 saw 28% of game sales going to PCs with 29% going to consoles (this DOES include portables). Mobile is where it's at now in terms of the publishing marketplace.

So... sorry... but going away from the PC was a pretty good business move for a while.

Here are some stats for the CURRENT market, where consoles are nowhere near as powerful as they used to be:

https://www.dsogaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/714x-1.jpg
452 Comments. 23 pages. Viewing page 3.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    23  ] Older