Limit Results:

476 Comments. 24 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    24  ] Older

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Sells 20M
Sep 29, 2022, 04:51
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Sells 20M Sep 29, 2022, 04:51
Sep 29, 2022, 04:51

jamiedj99 wrote on Sep 29, 2022, 00:42:
20 million copies at half its value most people would have paid half with that math its equivilt to 10 million copies in profits for like those few extras people that held on for dear life we can add an extra 2 mil so 12m in sales worth of the game
how devoid of intellect do you have to be to presume that the 20 million sales are all at half its "value"?
Google is your friend. Try using it before sharing an opinion.

Sep 29, 2022, 04:50
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Sells 20M Sep 29, 2022, 04:50
Sep 29, 2022, 04:50

Kosumo wrote on Sep 28, 2022, 22:22:
heroin wrote on Sep 28, 2022, 20:19:
RedEye9 wrote on Sep 28, 2022, 19:42:
I'm guessing that number would have been 25-30 million if they hadn't fubared the launch.
And more of those sales would have been at FULL price.
That sure is a big number but I wonder how much profit that brings in considering they've spent the last two years spinning their wheels on fixing shit when they could have had their developers working on Witcher 4 I'm also curious about what they are doing with that engine now that they won't be using it for the new Witcher games. That engine is pretty bad ass and was certainly a pretty penny to create.

Spinning their wheels? - do you not think they can do two thing at once?

While I'm sure it disruped there plans a bit, I don't think it stopped everything in its tracks.

The biggest issue was the effect it had on the value of the company but even that can be delt with over time - has they have been doing by following through with good support for the game - much like they did with the Witcher games.

The unfortunate mistake that happened with Cyberpunk was it being developed at a time where they targetted to broad a range of platforms.

imho.
considering the massive % of gamers who think that no announcement of GTA6 means they haven't worked on it at all, AND the massive % who think that they've been working full-time on it since the release of GTA5... it's good policy to always presume that people are... I'll be kind and say "completely uninformed" when it comes to development.

People rarely realize that there are multiple stages with different teams focusing on different things at different phases.

I'm sure heroin also thinks that people who create are are the same people who fix bugs, and so whines that a company who releases cosmetic DLC is, obviously, not concurrently fixing bugs for an upcoming patch.

Peeps be dumb, sorry, have to say it, 30 years in the industry combined with pattern recognition teaches a lot.

Sep 29, 2022, 04:47
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Sells 20M Sep 29, 2022, 04:47
Sep 29, 2022, 04:47

heroin wrote on Sep 28, 2022, 20:19:
RedEye9 wrote on Sep 28, 2022, 19:42:
I'm guessing that number would have been 25-30 million if they hadn't fubared the launch.
And more of those sales would have been at FULL price.
That sure is a big number but I wonder how much profit that brings in considering they've spent the last two years spinning their wheels on fixing shit when they could have had their developers working on Witcher 4 I'm also curious about what they are doing with that engine now that they won't be using it for the new Witcher games. That engine is pretty bad ass and was certainly a pretty penny to create.

There's no way they could have retained clout without fixing Cyberpunk. This was the best thing from a business perspective, and a moral one.

Re: Saturday Metaverse
Sep 24, 2022, 16:58
Re: Saturday Metaverse Sep 24, 2022, 16:58
Sep 24, 2022, 16:58

FloodAnxiety wrote on Sep 24, 2022, 16:12:
Re: TikTok’s ‘NPC In Real Life’ Trend Comes From Gen Z’s Worst Side.

I think author Ashley Bardhan has missed the entire joke. Sure, there are some unsavory jerks taking the joke to unsavory extremes, and those people <i>should</i> stop harassing people.

Personally, I find that when people behave like NPCs in a way that causes unnecessary stress to everyone around them, that shrugging it off as NPC behavior is just a simple coping mechanism that adds some lighthearted humor into the situation.

Many of these videos are just hilarious "person walking in place as they continually fail to walk through a glass wall", and is hilariously similar to behavior we consistently see from NPCs in games.

Then there is the more, put-down side of things. For example, suppose you are reacting to a brainwashed, indoctrinated person who couldn't think critically to save their life. The type of person who literally has no inner monologue, no filter on their mouths, and couldn't give you a reason for any of their behavior. They simply act 100% on auto pilot all of the time, and the deep thinking side of their brain is severely under-developed (i.e. fast thinking only and no slow thinking, see the book "Thinking fast and slow"). Their behavior is VERY similar to NPCs in video games.

And what do we do with NPCs in video games? We don't try to change them. We accept that they are NPCs and move on with our lives.

I'm here for calling people who exhibit NPC-like behavior in real life what they act like: NPCs.

To use a millennial saying... "Not all Gen Z"

The extreme really DO ruin it for the majority, and this is no different. If A, B, C, D, E, F, and G need to be relegated to "only in certain situations" because of unsavory jerks... then this is no different. If I can't engage in Poe's Law publicly to mock sexism scum by acting like them, because unsavory jerks will emulate it, for example, then it is ONE HUNDRED PERCENT okay to call out Gen Z because they created this problem.

This shit isn't hilarious. Stop endorsing the harassment of innocent people by saying that these videos are hilarious. That's 100% what you are doing. Don't call them NPCs. Call them fucking asshole pieces of shit. And, at times, criminals. And, 100% of the time, fucking clueless children.

If you find it funny, keep it *ONLY* to those people who find it funny. Harass your idiot friends. Nothin wrong with that. Getting your jollies off by intentionally inflicting negative experiences on others makes you nothing more than scum, and finding that hilarious means you are okay with people being scum.

I fear the only way for those who endorse this behavior to understand the pain they inflict is for it to be inflicted on them hundred-fold, and I don't like that idea, but I do worship pragmatism. So keep that in mind the next time you're having a horrible, stress-filled day, and some stupid advanced-age child gets their jollies off by harassing the living shit out of you. I hope you get a clue, FloodAnxiety, and I hope the children who do this crap also get a clue one day. May your journey of growing up be filled with less harassment than the lives of the victims in the videos you enjoy laughing at.

And you have provided the 100% flawless counter to any complaint you might have about what I say.

... it's okay, cuz I find it funny.

Re: GTA6 Footage Leaks
Sep 18, 2022, 23:10
Re: GTA6 Footage Leaks Sep 18, 2022, 23:10
Sep 18, 2022, 23:10

Dacron wrote on Sep 18, 2022, 18:03:
Jim wrote on Sep 18, 2022, 17:55:
Somebody wrote about leaks a few days ago. With a leak like this the company loses the ability to control how content has revealed. They lose that first impression, and with a game that’s made billions it’s pretty important.

Pretty sure they could release GTA 6 looking like the The GTA Trilogy – The Definitive Edition (a hilariously bad joke.) and still earn several billion.

The difference between several billion and many billions is a lot of money. This directly affects the livelihood of thousands and indirectly affects the livelihood of tens of thousands. It's a big deal.

Sep 18, 2022, 23:06
Re: GTA6 Footage Leaks Sep 18, 2022, 23:06
Sep 18, 2022, 23:06

Prez wrote on Sep 18, 2022, 19:35:
From a revenue standpoint I'm doubting this will have any significant effect. Mostly it's more of an embarrassment for Rockstar. I just wonder is it really worth it. I don't think Rockstar is going to pull any punches when this guy is found, and courts are going to favor big companies heavily. He'll probably get a harsher punishment than some people who have killed people.
it's almost like context matters and not every murder is equally the same and so comparing 1 crime to a massive group of crimes is naive and simplistic.

Sep 18, 2022, 23:05
Re: GTA6 Footage Leaks Sep 18, 2022, 23:05
Sep 18, 2022, 23:05

PropheT wrote on Sep 18, 2022, 20:20:
Prez wrote on Sep 18, 2022, 19:35:
From a revenue standpoint I'm doubting this will have any significant effect. Mostly it's more of an embarrassment for Rockstar. I just wonder is it really worth it. I don't think Rockstar is going to pull any punches when this guy is found, and courts are going to favor big companies heavily. He'll probably get a harsher punishment than some people who have killed people.

If he leaks the GTA5 source code, it'll spawn hacks and be a gigantic mess for Rockstar and anyone still playing the game. I mean, more hacks than they already have, I guess.

The guy claims to be the person behind the Uber hack that just happened recently, too. He deserves a cell and a long time away from ever using computers again.

People who don't see this as a big deal or a massively immoral act immediately out themselves as either not having a clue about this stuff (which to be fair might be because of youth, ignorance is a universal starting point) or, y'know, being terribly immoral themselves.

Re: The Sims 4 Adding Sexual Orientation
Jul 16, 2022, 12:07
Re: The Sims 4 Adding Sexual Orientation Jul 16, 2022, 12:07
Jul 16, 2022, 12:07

Rilcon wrote on Jul 16, 2022, 05:51:
Armengar wrote on Jul 16, 2022, 04:31:
it might be my european heritage but it always amazes me how people get so het up over a man kissing another man or a woman marrying another woman.

get over it already, it really doesnt affect you. worry more about people shooting each other or stabbing each other.

It definitely isn't your "European heritage", unless Hungary, Poland, Italy, etc. don't count as Europe...
I suspect this might be a case of those nations not being True Scotsmen, so to speak.

Re: Ubisoft Games Ending Online Services
Jul 2, 2022, 19:36
Re: Ubisoft Games Ending Online Services Jul 2, 2022, 19:36
Jul 2, 2022, 19:36

Hardtale wrote on Jul 2, 2022, 14:47:
While I can’t give a hands on comparison but there is U-Boat on Steam early access that’s looks promising.

I think it’s BS that they kill off DLC access in these shutdowns. Ubisoft is the only one I can think of that does this crap. There is still an active player base for modded SH5, I wonder how this is going to affect those?!
If their decades-long 100% predictable and continued anti-consumer practice offends you... MAYBE YOU SHOULD STOP GIVING THEM MONEY.

Re: Ubisoft Games Ending Online Services
Jul 2, 2022, 19:34
Re: Ubisoft Games Ending Online Services Jul 2, 2022, 19:34
Jul 2, 2022, 19:34

"access to DLC will be unavailable" PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me they mean access to already purchased and installed DLC and not "you won't be able to buy DLC in the future. Ubi has been swapping with EA for my #1 worst major publisher for years, and two on my never-buy list, for the exact reason, and I desperately want to see them in court.

Re: On Sale
May 22, 2022, 17:13
Re: On Sale May 22, 2022, 17:13
May 22, 2022, 17:13

Hardline Mike wrote on May 22, 2022, 14:49:
Selling out of "ships" that don't exist within minutes.
Videogames should truly only sell things that actually physically exist

Re: GGWP Takes Aim at Toxicity
Mar 21, 2022, 20:48
Re: GGWP Takes Aim at Toxicity Mar 21, 2022, 20:48
Mar 21, 2022, 20:48

Burrito of Peace wrote on Mar 21, 2022, 18:51:
The only place I comment is Blue's. It's the only place I feel "at home" on the web. As others have said, the web has become bland and corporate. Homogeneous to the point of absurdity.

As for "toxicity"...good luck. It has seeped in to the very fabric of online culture and has become global.

There's always been underground. There's always been corporate. I wonder how many people here saying that today's internet is too corporate remember AOL and all the walled gardens. There's PLENTY for everyone, and MOST of it will be controlled by the few. Just how it always is.

Just a different version of the same thing.

Re: GGWP Takes Aim at Toxicity
Mar 21, 2022, 20:47
Re: GGWP Takes Aim at Toxicity Mar 21, 2022, 20:47
Mar 21, 2022, 20:47

GaianElite wrote on Mar 21, 2022, 16:20:
I find the internet so boring now, it's why I'm glad I found this site. Everything is sterile and filled with ads, you can't say anything without offending someone. Doesn't mean one should intentionally try to offend, but banter should be a welcome thing. Takes me back to the old Xbox live days when it was the Wild Wild West, MW2 lobbies where you would laugh till your sides crack at 2am in the morning. Actually, I take this as a good thing, less time online means more spent in real interactions, the interactions you do have online become more meaningful if fewer, no one can put a price on that.

Also, it's cool that from 97' to now that article and forum shoutout exists! Rock on'.

Kids will look back at these days exactly the same as you look back at those days. I look at your MW2 XBL days the same as you look at things today.
It's less about what's happening than it is about nostalgia and innocence.
TRUST ME... people were just as toxic in the early XBL/CoD days as they are now.

Re: Grand Tactician: The Civil War (1861-1865) Leaves Early Access
Sep 25, 2021, 06:43
Re: Grand Tactician: The Civil War (1861-1865) Leaves Early Access Sep 25, 2021, 06:43
Sep 25, 2021, 06:43

Jonjonz wrote on Sep 25, 2021, 06:32:
It never ceases to amaze me how people can make RTS games and not follow the basic formation, movement and control methods the Total War series has perfected over the years. Those controls are not patented. They are just common sense, intuitive controls. From the reviews the RTS controls in this game are even worse than Ultimate General Civil War's munged up control scheme.

It is unfortunate that Civil War junkies will put up with the crappiest low effort RTS controls just to have a Civil War RTS. Civil War junkies seem to care more about the grognard side of the game over the actual battle controls.

I don't know the specifics of this game, but control schemes should always be based on the goals of the game itself.

If you want realistic, time-based communication that isn't always guaranteed to work, something that is hugely important in civil war games, Total War is a terrible game to copy.

Context ALWAYS matters.

Re: Medieval Dynasty Leaves Early Access
Sep 23, 2021, 23:01
Re: Medieval Dynasty Leaves Early Access Sep 23, 2021, 23:01
Sep 23, 2021, 23:01

Cutter wrote on Sep 23, 2021, 12:52:
I'd like to get this but many of the reviews I've read state this company has a history of abandoning games on release and moving on to a new project.

That's literally 98% of single player games that have ever been made.
That's the entire point of releasing a game.
... Cuz it's done. It's ready to make money. Money to fund new games.

Re: Epic v. Apple Analysis
Sep 11, 2021, 00:24
Re: Epic v. Apple Analysis Sep 11, 2021, 00:24
Sep 11, 2021, 00:24

Leahi84 wrote on Sep 10, 2021, 21:32:
Cutter wrote on Sep 10, 2021, 20:27:
Given the conservative bent of the SCOTUS I can foresee this going there and Apple prevailing in the current political client. Beyond that Epic lost everything else. So Apple lost one thing and that probably won't stand either. Sounds like a win for them to me.
Who says this is going to the supreme court? I don't know if they'd even take a case like this. Also it depends on how the Supreme court views apple, if they are seen as a left leaning company at all they might lose. Either way, it's rather presumptuous of you to assume Apple will ultimately win out.

There's no reason SCOTUS would listen to this

Re: Paradox Employee Survey Reports "Offensive Treatment"
Sep 6, 2021, 19:48
Re: Paradox Employee Survey Reports "Offensive Treatment" Sep 6, 2021, 19:48
Sep 6, 2021, 19:48

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 6, 2021, 15:21:
Not too surprising, given Paradox's upper management directive to DLC the shit out of every game beyond all sense of decency or even shame.

Yes, because using non-required DLC to fund free updates for years upon years always directly correlates to sexual misbehavior.

Man... I was I was capable of being this simplistic. Life must be much easier that way.

I used to engage people who shared this idiotic perspective on PDX's DLC policy and, almost without fail, helped them understand why it's a great way to do business.

But I'm just mentally exhausted and, if someone STILL has this opinion after all these years, they're either incredibly defense or they just get off on blind hatred.

Either way, pity is the only reaction they get from me anymore.

Re: Titanfall Protests Expand to Titanfall 2
Jul 12, 2021, 14:33
Re: Titanfall Protests Expand to Titanfall 2 Jul 12, 2021, 14:33
Jul 12, 2021, 14:33

Literally 100% of the people who bought a MP-only EA game and DIDN'T expect this to happen (and, to be honest, happen sooner) has no one to blame but their own intentionally-uneducated butts.
I'm *ALL* for protesting EA, but there are appropriate ways to protest. Like, y'know, NOT BUYING ANY OF THEIR GAMES.

God *DAMN* I hate gamers (as a unified group, many of us are great as individuals).

Re: Grand Theft Auto VI Rumors
Jun 28, 2021, 18:12
Re: Grand Theft Auto VI Rumors Jun 28, 2021, 18:12
Jun 28, 2021, 18:12

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Jun 28, 2021, 17:53:
yonder wrote on Jun 28, 2021, 17:46:
bhcompy wrote on Jun 28, 2021, 14:22:
Probably play it, but I'm really disappointed with Rockstar for not supporting GTA5 or RDR2 with single player expansions, so I'm not really excited about it like I was for GTA5

You're disappointed that you got dozens and dozens of hours of SP content in the base game and didn't have to pay extra to get a little bit more?

*Disappointed*?

And they say gamers are overly entitled...
I don't think one is entitled by having an opinion of Rockstar's business model.

"really disappointed with Rockstar" is an opinion that reflects a sense of entitlement.

Re: Grand Theft Auto VI Rumors
Jun 28, 2021, 17:46
Re: Grand Theft Auto VI Rumors Jun 28, 2021, 17:46
Jun 28, 2021, 17:46

bhcompy wrote on Jun 28, 2021, 14:22:
Probably play it, but I'm really disappointed with Rockstar for not supporting GTA5 or RDR2 with single player expansions, so I'm not really excited about it like I was for GTA5

You're disappointed that you got dozens and dozens of hours of SP content in the base game and didn't have to pay extra to get a little bit more?

*Disappointed*?

And they say gamers are overly entitled...
476 Comments. 24 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    24  ] Older