Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for yonderboyOSLT

Real Name yonderboyOSLT   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname yonder
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://www.planetdungeonsiege.com
Signed On Oct 8, 2005, 00:21
Total Comments 418 (Amateur)
User ID 23920

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

News Comments > Developers Prefer Piracy to G2A
32. Re: Developers Prefer Piracy to G2A Jul 1, 2019, 20:23 yonder

Heymelon wrote on Jul 1, 2019, 18:19:
I don't get this at all. Are the keys on G2A magically generated then? I was under the impression that grey market keys are at least bought at some point, from sales, cheap regions or other store manipulation stuff. It should still generate a sale for the dev. So if all those stores died and "non-legit buyer" customers only pirated games, the developer would lose money right?

Did you guys (you're not the only one saying this) not even read the comments?

A *HUGE* portion of these keys are "bought" fraudulently. What do you think happens to the sale when the charges are disputed? Like... I'm legit curious. Dealing with stolen cc #s is a HUGE hassle for merchants, much like how (decent) pawn shops hate the idea of accidentally buying something stolen.

Plus, I'm sure SOME of these developers are... well... moral human beings and have a weird problem with theft.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
16. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 13, 2019, 06:27 yonder

Great to see the maturity of this site's crowd hasn't lowered itself to the level of the general internet by doing things like conflating general societal trends with individual incidences of negative action! Great to see that EVERYONE here still knows how to have mature and level-headed conversations when discussing important and emotion-laced topics without strawmanning each other or attacking each other based on literally nothing.

It's so great to have a place on the internet where you can get away from that kind of stuff. Never change, BN crowd!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
37. Re: Re: Out of the Blue May 23, 2019, 09:35 yonder

Kxmode wrote on May 20, 2019, 23:43:
Hoop wrote on May 20, 2019, 11:29:
I could not get into GOT from the first episode so never bothered.
I swear the shear number of averagely acted seasons wore you all down & like confused brainwashed hamsters y'all now don't know which way is up or how to feel.

Wait. What? You note you could not get into the first episode of GOT so you never bothered, and then immediately stated the sheer number of averagely acted seasons wore you down. So you're essentially saying you wasted your time watching a show you never had an affinity for? Why would anyone put themselves through that? If you don't like the show, then don't watch it. Just like if you don't like playing a video game anymore, stop playing it.

Yeah, he's never seen it and also he's an expert.

Reminds me of the "I never watch tv because there's nothing good on" crowd. Those poor, sweet summer children.

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Pulled from Epic Mega Sale
23. Re: Borderlands 3 Pulled from Epic Mega Sale May 19, 2019, 11:27 yonder

HoSpanky wrote on May 18, 2019, 23:46:

EGS is barebones. So was Steam. And Origin. And Uplay. They ALL struck when the iron was hot

Epic isnít keeping exclusivity forever, usually just a year. In this way, EGS is being less douchey than the other stores. And yet, more than half the people on this board canít get that through their fucking skulls, and act like EGS is doing something unheard of and unforgivable. While they ARE doing something unheard of, namely ďtaking less than half the cut everyone else doesĒ, somehow thatís super fucking evil.

Just admit that youíre angry old ballsacks who are stubborn about wanting to do things the way you always have and having a new icon on your desktop terrifies you. Because thatís it. Thatís all thatís going on here.

Oh you sweet summer couldo...

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 23, 2019, 21:38 yonder

NKD wrote on Apr 23, 2019, 20:44:
By the way, I unsubbed from all my political or news related subreddits and my doctor says my blood pressure is down from last year, and I'm taking a lot less ibuprofen than I used to.

If you have BP issues, why are you taking ibuprofen? Ibuprofen famously RAISES your BP. So your improved health might be unrelated to your avoidance of stress triggers.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 6, 2019, 19:35 yonder

I know I'm weird but I'll never, ever understand the concept of carrying things, especially cell phones, in the pocket that you sit on.  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 14, 2019, 19:04 yonder

Kxmode wrote on Mar 14, 2019, 17:00:
If a child dies from a preventable illness caused by a parent's refusal to vaccinate their child, then they should be brought up on charges of first-degree murder for knowingly and purposefully refusing to protect their child.

Unfortunately law is based on law, so it would most likely be manslaughter since, y'know, explicit intent.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 8, 2019, 11:12 yonder

As someone who has had shingles*, trust me, it's worth the vaccine!

*Note: I happened to get it when recovering from combo pneumonia-bronchitis.

Still better than meningitis though...

News Comments > PC Building Simulator Released
7. Re: PC Building Simulator Released Jan 30, 2019, 03:23 yonder

MT Silver wrote on Jan 30, 2019, 02:55:
Slick wrote on Jan 30, 2019, 00:54:
SMITE wrote on Jan 30, 2019, 00:23:
I'll confess to not having played it, but am I the only one who doesn't get the lure of this ... "game?"

I build my own PCs to save money/get better performance for my dollar, etc. I'll admit I feel a certain sense of pride when it all goes right. But I can't imagine building a PC (gotta track down that post error! Was it three beeps? Or four?) and then using my new PC to play a game about ... building a PC.

It's like if I was a mechanic, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't boot up my PC to play a game about being a mechanic.

Maybe I'm just not into the "culture" enough, but ... what's the appeal here?

Ask the kids who prefer to watch twitch streamers rather than play games themselves. "Generation meta" we'll call it.

Strange times indeed.

And the people who sit on a couch and watch people play football instead of going out and kicking a ball themselves... What a bunch of weirdos.

People are STILL making this idiotic argument?!

/sigh

Whenever I think an argument is OBVIOUSLY too dumb for anyone to use, people whip it out. But with Nazis and flat-earthers around, who knows!

News Comments > Chef: A Restaurant Tycoon Game Early Access
2. Re: Chef: A Restaurant Tycoon Game Early Access Dec 7, 2018, 09:16 yonder

Red886 wrote on Dec 7, 2018, 01:41:
why does this look like a rip off of Restaurant Empire? (menu, ingredients, restaurant construction etc)

Because Restaurant Empire was your introduction to the very popular genre. If it had been any of the other very similar games, you'd claim they were copying that game.

News Comments > Dragon Age Tease
4. Re: Dragon Age Tease Nov 29, 2018, 21:34 yonder

Sacrifice wrote on Nov 29, 2018, 19:56:
As a big fan of the original, I am not very excited by this. The combat has been getting progressively worse with each sequel.

Yeah it's almost as if EA has, over the past decade, driven away all the decision-makers who made this game and Mass Effect great and now it's just a bunch of corporate heads and overworked code monkeys.

... Wait a sec...

News Comments > Fallout 76 Update Plans
6. Re: Fallout 76 Update Plans Nov 27, 2018, 20:28 yonder

robdot wrote on Nov 27, 2018, 20:06:
The personal weight limit needs some fix. Your always overweight,or your weapon is broken,or armor is broken, your hungry,your thirsty. Your encumbered. Your weapon is broken. Your armor is broken. Your hungry. Your thirsty. Your radiated. Your encumbered. Your weapon is broken. On and fucking on. This single aspect needs fixed before the game can be any fun at all.
My what?
And my what?
And my what?
And my what?
And my what?
And my what?
On and fucking on.
You're (HA!) allergy to basic English rules needs to be fixed before you're (HA!) whining can be addressed.

News Comments > Fallout 76 Legal Fallout?
33. Re: Fallout 76 Legal Fallout? Nov 27, 2018, 16:30 yonder

Kxmode wrote on Nov 27, 2018, 13:50:
yonder wrote on Nov 27, 2018, 13:25:
Listen, Beth was FULLY open and forward with what type of game it was going to be, and the state it was in.

Want to know a lawsuit I *DID* respect? The one against Sony over Star Wars Galaxies. Their pre-orders literally advertized classes being included in a DLC, two weeks prior to release, when that DLC removed that class. Now THAT is lawsuit-worthy.

Like what Sean Murray did with No Man's Sky only worse. He knowingly pitched a product that was unfinished with promised features missing at launch. 25% of screenshots in the Steam Store showed content that wasn't in the game at launch (e.g. fleet battles). That was WAY worse than a yanked SWG class and definitely deserving of a lawsuit.

No it was NOT worse, and you're a damned idiot for thinking so just an excuse to flog your NMS hate-boner some more.

That dude was promising features years before release. THINGS CHANGE.

Sony was touting improvements for a class that was being cut in a code-complete DLC literally two weeks before release.

If you don't understand the difference, you should be barred from ever having the right to state an opinion.

TWO.......... WEEKS........

And this isn't an interpretation thing either like with people whining about the lack of NPCs (which Bethesda was VERY forward about). Sony touted specific improvements to classes such as Creature Handler when they very well knew that the expansion REMOVED THE ENTIRE CLASS OF CREATURE HANDLER and didn't transfer any of the CH abilities to new or existing classes.

See how THAT is illegal as all f*ck? It's like hardcore bait & switch, though usually with B&S they advertise a crap product as a way to get you in the door then try to refuse to sell you the crap product in order for you to buy the expensive one.

You're a special brand of dense.

News Comments > Fallout 76 Legal Fallout?
22. Re: Fallout 76 Legal Fallout? Nov 27, 2018, 13:25 yonder

The amount of people here who don't understand how the law works, or how to spell "precedent" depresses me. I expect more from the Blues crowd.

Listen, Beth was FULLY open and forward with what type of game it was going to be, and the state it was in. If you CHOSE not to watch any streams or read and pre-release press... that's on you. If you're sick of Bethesda's bugginess, then DON'T BUY THE GAME IN THE FIRST PLACE. If you're sick of Bethesda's bugginess and then bought the game and are now throwing a hissyfit because it's not what you wanted even though they were as open and forward as humanly possible... consider that a sixty dollar lesson. If you CHOOSE not to learn it, that's your fault.

The one and only reason I'm playing this game currently is because a friend gifted me the game. It's definitely buggy, and literally NONE of those bugs are refund-worthy... and I logged into a server that didn't fully load, thus literally preventing any of my quests from showing up (plus plenty of minor bugs like animations not working). It was a really easy fix... I just logged out and logged back in.

This is an online game. Literally zero major online games are free of these level of bugs. I understand reality, which is why I am doing nothing but laughing at this lawsuit (and at people who don't know how to spell precedent).

Want to know a lawsuit I *DID* respect? The one against Sony over Star Wars Galaxies. Their pre-orders literally advertized classes being included in a DLC, two weeks prior to release, when that DLC removed that class. Now THAT is lawsuit-worthy.

This isn't.

27. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 23, 2018, 02:20 yonder

bigspender wrote on Nov 22, 2018, 18:25:
Mr. Tact wrote on Nov 22, 2018, 17:51:
Amusingly, on a google of "plant-based comfort food" the top item was a list of seven items, three of which had meat in them. Er, what?

It might be better for me, it might be better for the planet, but frack that stuff. I'll be gone in 15-25 years, free feel to use my ashes to fertilize your plants.

They contain plant-based meat. Which doesn't have any of the environmental impact that animal agriculture does (which is currently the worlds most destructive force) Have you seen the impossible burger?

In 25 years we'll be lucky if we get to eat your corpse. We won't be burning it for ashes because the eco system will be 1/2 collapsed.

If you're trying to convert someone, try speaking to them in their level. Saying something like "They contain plant-based meat." is simply going to automatically turn off a lot of people from giving what you're saying a chance.

News Comments > Total War: ARENA Closing
7. Re: Total War: ARENA Closing Nov 23, 2018, 02:14 yonder

Burrito of Peace wrote on Nov 22, 2018, 13:21:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 22, 2018, 12:58:
Be warned if you grab Medieval 2, that you will have a shit-ton of issues running that game on W10 1803 with half-way modern many-core hardware.

Since when? I just fired it up and had no issues at all with it.

Same here. I know a solid half-dozen people who play with their friends, no problems whatsoever. Methinks e........ has a specific issue that's not terribly common.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $200M
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 17, 2018, 13:40 yonder

IgWannA wrote on Nov 17, 2018, 13:08:
At what point can we all get refunds for non delivery? I paid my $35 back in 2014 and the completion date keeps getting pushed back indefinitely. If they still haven't released a working game by 2024 can we all get refunds? How long can they go on like this, making more ships and not finishing the game?

Depends on if they *explicitly* promised anything by a specific date. They're clearly showing legal good faith via updates and things like that, so... probably not.

If you don't understand game development, that's not their fault.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
5. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Nov 5, 2018, 01:04 yonder

Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Nov 4, 2018, 14:46:
Are they doing enough? Well I guess that will be determined by if my party wins or looses.

Too bad they aren't banning people who fail basic grammar.

News Comments > More Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Hints
28. Re: More Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Hints Oct 29, 2018, 00:55 yonder

jacobvandy wrote on Oct 28, 2018, 23:42:
Meh, if you don't think riding a horse around the countryside is fun, don't buy a game set in the old west... I very much do, and that's even without the crazy maneuvers you unlock once you've bonded with the animal. I'm also enjoying the fact that they don't dumb down the controls for it, either. If you hit a tree or large rock at a gallop, you're not gonna just glance off to one side, you'll be dismounted and both you and your horse are gonna be hurt real bad. You might even be ejected like with some of the worse GTA motor wrecks.

Egads you're nearly the only one here who understands the concept of "great for what it is... if you don't like what this is, you won't like this"

People don't understand the difference between "this is good" and "I like this"... either with guilty pleasures (like people who think Armageddon is actually a good movie) or with genre disconnects. For example, if you HATE when people on horror movies are stupid... you won't like the vast majority of horror movies.

Most of the replies here aren't about the game. It's from people who wouldn't like the game no matter what.

It's as if people who hate Apple pie are all asked to give an opinion on whether or not the Apple pie I baked is any good.

Guess what... if it's Apple pie, it could be the best Apple pie in the world and these people wouldn't like it.

"This is good" and "I like this" are two different things. Please learn the difference folks!

News Comments > etc., etc.
9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 24, 2018, 09:03 yonder

Nimh wrote on Oct 24, 2018, 07:05:
Spektr wrote on Oct 24, 2018, 02:51:
Can anyone enlighten me on how reappropriating a political hashtag can be classified as transphobic?

It's seen as delegitimizing the intent of the message.

It's like McDonalds posting an ad with the hashtag #Ihaveadream on the day MLK was killed. Or someone saying 'all lives matter' in response to 'black lives matter'.

Except for the fact that those two examples are in the current Americana zeitgeist. No one not in the fray has any clue what "WontBeErased" means.

A better example is like how in 2010 Coca-Cola used a "2 girls 1 cup" reference in a FB post.

It's COMPLETELY believable that someone, even today, doesn't know what 2 girls 1 cup means. An Aussia MP is currently in trouble for not knowing that "it's okay to be white" is a saying popular w/ the Extreme Right. It's perfectly believable that he didn't know what it was (though just a cursory investigation of something that is CLEARLY political would give appropriate results).

418 Comments. 21 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo