Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

User information for yonderboyOSLT

Real Name yonderboyOSLT   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname yonder
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://www.planetdungeonsiege.com
Signed On Oct 8, 2005, 00:21
Total Comments 424 (Amateur)
User ID 23920

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > Playing for the Planet
24. Re: Playing for the Planet Sep 24, 2019, 14:01 yonder

El Pit wrote on Sep 24, 2019, 02:13:
We can't save the planet, we can't save Earth, we can't save life on Earth - we can only save ourselves! The truth is: MANKIND IS NOT THIS PLANET! And the thought that Mankind = Earth actually led to the disaster we should be trying to fix (but ultimately won't) if we want to survive for a bit longer as an animal species.

This planet itself has even survived a collision with a protoplanet billions of years ago, life on Earth has survived the impact of huge asteroids (it got hit by more than just the one that led to the extinction of most dinosaurs) and the eruption of incredibly massive super volcanoes and it will survive us, too. Once a planet is "infected" with life, it is there to stay. Even close to black smokers in the deep sea which we believed to be absolutely dead areas for decades, there is life. Extremophiles live there and enjoy being close to a place resembling hell on Earth.

So - Earth, this planet, has no problem. We are just a temporarily dominant species and will go the way of the Dodo one day with most likely one huge difference: we made ourselves extinct. But life and evolution will move on, we are not this important, really.

Also I got to say that I think Greta Thunburg has psychological problems. And I don't trust people who just come to blame, blame, blame, but refuse to get called out on their accusations and refuse discussions. This girl is definitely NOT the new Jesus.

Most people understand that the phrase "Save The Planet" means to keep it habitable in the way that we like it. Most people also understand that "mankind" and "the planet" are NOT actually the exact same thing. And even Fox News knows to apologize for implying that this child has mental issues.

She's a kid. That's literally all there is to whatever "psychological issues" she may have.

I'm more worried about YOUR mental state based on this post.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Conan Exiles Adds New DLC and Free PvP Update
9. Re: Conan Exiles Adds New DLC and Free PvP Update Sep 3, 2019, 22:43 yonder

Not sure what game you guys are whining about, but every time I take two months off and come back, there are always new monsters and new areas, IN ADDITION TO new skins and new building pieces. I'm quite pleased w/ it thus far.
And the upcoming expansion will nearly double the play area.

So... again... not sure what you guys are whining about.

Or did you, perchance, play it for a while and then give up because it didn't change in the two months you guys played it?

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
10. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 15, 2019, 20:35 yonder

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 15, 2019, 15:17:
Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Aug 15, 2019, 14:32:
BULLSHIT!!! Google only discriminates against conservatives!! Infact their whole TOS is geared to the persecution of Christians and the expansion liberals and their false gods.
The above is guaranteed 100% sarcasm free.
Poe's Law has always been one of my favorites. Good times.

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Skill Trees
7. removed Aug 12, 2019, 09:10 yonder

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Aug 12, 2019, 10:34.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 29, 2019, 09:16 yonder

Shok wrote on Jul 28, 2019, 21:25:
She believes the million dollars could last a lifetime, enabling him to order takeout from UberEats while he plays games and enjoys being in his element.

I just snickered imagining this kid in full Cartman mode playing in his basement and yelling up to his Mother to "get me pot pie!"

I literally came here with that quote on my clipboard to paste.

I really, really feel sorry for this kid. I don't know his parental situation, but I know at least one adult in his life is completely clueless as to how finances work.

Even when I was a kid in the 80's, I knew the only way a millino dollars would last a lifetime was if you were VERY frugal and VERY lucky.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jul 23, 2019, 22:35 yonder

jdreyer wrote on Jul 23, 2019, 20:56:
You Might Want to Uninstall VLC. Immediately.

But then how will one watch teh pr0n? Asking for a friend.

You could try using already-existing, already-superior software.

News Comments > Developers Prefer Piracy to G2A
32. Re: Developers Prefer Piracy to G2A Jul 1, 2019, 20:23 yonder

Heymelon wrote on Jul 1, 2019, 18:19:
I don't get this at all. Are the keys on G2A magically generated then? I was under the impression that grey market keys are at least bought at some point, from sales, cheap regions or other store manipulation stuff. It should still generate a sale for the dev. So if all those stores died and "non-legit buyer" customers only pirated games, the developer would lose money right?

Did you guys (you're not the only one saying this) not even read the comments?

A *HUGE* portion of these keys are "bought" fraudulently. What do you think happens to the sale when the charges are disputed? Like... I'm legit curious. Dealing with stolen cc #s is a HUGE hassle for merchants, much like how (decent) pawn shops hate the idea of accidentally buying something stolen.

Plus, I'm sure SOME of these developers are... well... moral human beings and have a weird problem with theft.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
16. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 13, 2019, 06:27 yonder

Great to see the maturity of this site's crowd hasn't lowered itself to the level of the general internet by doing things like conflating general societal trends with individual incidences of negative action! Great to see that EVERYONE here still knows how to have mature and level-headed conversations when discussing important and emotion-laced topics without strawmanning each other or attacking each other based on literally nothing.

It's so great to have a place on the internet where you can get away from that kind of stuff. Never change, BN crowd!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
37. Re: Re: Out of the Blue May 23, 2019, 09:35 yonder

Kxmode wrote on May 20, 2019, 23:43:
Hoop wrote on May 20, 2019, 11:29:
I could not get into GOT from the first episode so never bothered.
I swear the shear number of averagely acted seasons wore you all down & like confused brainwashed hamsters y'all now don't know which way is up or how to feel.

Wait. What? You note you could not get into the first episode of GOT so you never bothered, and then immediately stated the sheer number of averagely acted seasons wore you down. So you're essentially saying you wasted your time watching a show you never had an affinity for? Why would anyone put themselves through that? If you don't like the show, then don't watch it. Just like if you don't like playing a video game anymore, stop playing it.

Yeah, he's never seen it and also he's an expert.

Reminds me of the "I never watch tv because there's nothing good on" crowd. Those poor, sweet summer children.

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Pulled from Epic Mega Sale
23. Re: Borderlands 3 Pulled from Epic Mega Sale May 19, 2019, 11:27 yonder

HoSpanky wrote on May 18, 2019, 23:46:

EGS is barebones. So was Steam. And Origin. And Uplay. They ALL struck when the iron was hot

Epic isnít keeping exclusivity forever, usually just a year. In this way, EGS is being less douchey than the other stores. And yet, more than half the people on this board canít get that through their fucking skulls, and act like EGS is doing something unheard of and unforgivable. While they ARE doing something unheard of, namely ďtaking less than half the cut everyone else doesĒ, somehow thatís super fucking evil.

Just admit that youíre angry old ballsacks who are stubborn about wanting to do things the way you always have and having a new icon on your desktop terrifies you. Because thatís it. Thatís all thatís going on here.

Oh you sweet summer couldo...

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 23, 2019, 21:38 yonder

NKD wrote on Apr 23, 2019, 20:44:
By the way, I unsubbed from all my political or news related subreddits and my doctor says my blood pressure is down from last year, and I'm taking a lot less ibuprofen than I used to.

If you have BP issues, why are you taking ibuprofen? Ibuprofen famously RAISES your BP. So your improved health might be unrelated to your avoidance of stress triggers.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 6, 2019, 19:35 yonder

I know I'm weird but I'll never, ever understand the concept of carrying things, especially cell phones, in the pocket that you sit on.  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 14, 2019, 19:04 yonder

Kxmode wrote on Mar 14, 2019, 17:00:
If a child dies from a preventable illness caused by a parent's refusal to vaccinate their child, then they should be brought up on charges of first-degree murder for knowingly and purposefully refusing to protect their child.

Unfortunately law is based on law, so it would most likely be manslaughter since, y'know, explicit intent.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 8, 2019, 11:12 yonder

As someone who has had shingles*, trust me, it's worth the vaccine!

*Note: I happened to get it when recovering from combo pneumonia-bronchitis.

Still better than meningitis though...

News Comments > PC Building Simulator Released
7. Re: PC Building Simulator Released Jan 30, 2019, 03:23 yonder

MT Silver wrote on Jan 30, 2019, 02:55:
Slick wrote on Jan 30, 2019, 00:54:
SMITE wrote on Jan 30, 2019, 00:23:
I'll confess to not having played it, but am I the only one who doesn't get the lure of this ... "game?"

I build my own PCs to save money/get better performance for my dollar, etc. I'll admit I feel a certain sense of pride when it all goes right. But I can't imagine building a PC (gotta track down that post error! Was it three beeps? Or four?) and then using my new PC to play a game about ... building a PC.

It's like if I was a mechanic, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't boot up my PC to play a game about being a mechanic.

Maybe I'm just not into the "culture" enough, but ... what's the appeal here?

Ask the kids who prefer to watch twitch streamers rather than play games themselves. "Generation meta" we'll call it.

Strange times indeed.

And the people who sit on a couch and watch people play football instead of going out and kicking a ball themselves... What a bunch of weirdos.

People are STILL making this idiotic argument?!

/sigh

Whenever I think an argument is OBVIOUSLY too dumb for anyone to use, people whip it out. But with Nazis and flat-earthers around, who knows!

News Comments > Chef: A Restaurant Tycoon Game Early Access
2. Re: Chef: A Restaurant Tycoon Game Early Access Dec 7, 2018, 09:16 yonder

Red886 wrote on Dec 7, 2018, 01:41:
why does this look like a rip off of Restaurant Empire? (menu, ingredients, restaurant construction etc)

Because Restaurant Empire was your introduction to the very popular genre. If it had been any of the other very similar games, you'd claim they were copying that game.

News Comments > Dragon Age Tease
4. Re: Dragon Age Tease Nov 29, 2018, 21:34 yonder

Sacrifice wrote on Nov 29, 2018, 19:56:
As a big fan of the original, I am not very excited by this. The combat has been getting progressively worse with each sequel.

Yeah it's almost as if EA has, over the past decade, driven away all the decision-makers who made this game and Mass Effect great and now it's just a bunch of corporate heads and overworked code monkeys.

... Wait a sec...

News Comments > Fallout 76 Update Plans
6. Re: Fallout 76 Update Plans Nov 27, 2018, 20:28 yonder

robdot wrote on Nov 27, 2018, 20:06:
The personal weight limit needs some fix. Your always overweight,or your weapon is broken,or armor is broken, your hungry,your thirsty. Your encumbered. Your weapon is broken. Your armor is broken. Your hungry. Your thirsty. Your radiated. Your encumbered. Your weapon is broken. On and fucking on. This single aspect needs fixed before the game can be any fun at all.
My what?
And my what?
And my what?
And my what?
And my what?
And my what?
On and fucking on.
You're (HA!) allergy to basic English rules needs to be fixed before you're (HA!) whining can be addressed.

News Comments > Fallout 76 Legal Fallout?
33. Re: Fallout 76 Legal Fallout? Nov 27, 2018, 16:30 yonder

Kxmode wrote on Nov 27, 2018, 13:50:
yonder wrote on Nov 27, 2018, 13:25:
Listen, Beth was FULLY open and forward with what type of game it was going to be, and the state it was in.

Want to know a lawsuit I *DID* respect? The one against Sony over Star Wars Galaxies. Their pre-orders literally advertized classes being included in a DLC, two weeks prior to release, when that DLC removed that class. Now THAT is lawsuit-worthy.

Like what Sean Murray did with No Man's Sky only worse. He knowingly pitched a product that was unfinished with promised features missing at launch. 25% of screenshots in the Steam Store showed content that wasn't in the game at launch (e.g. fleet battles). That was WAY worse than a yanked SWG class and definitely deserving of a lawsuit.

No it was NOT worse, and you're a damned idiot for thinking so just an excuse to flog your NMS hate-boner some more.

That dude was promising features years before release. THINGS CHANGE.

Sony was touting improvements for a class that was being cut in a code-complete DLC literally two weeks before release.

If you don't understand the difference, you should be barred from ever having the right to state an opinion.

TWO.......... WEEKS........

And this isn't an interpretation thing either like with people whining about the lack of NPCs (which Bethesda was VERY forward about). Sony touted specific improvements to classes such as Creature Handler when they very well knew that the expansion REMOVED THE ENTIRE CLASS OF CREATURE HANDLER and didn't transfer any of the CH abilities to new or existing classes.

See how THAT is illegal as all f*ck? It's like hardcore bait & switch, though usually with B&S they advertise a crap product as a way to get you in the door then try to refuse to sell you the crap product in order for you to buy the expensive one.

You're a special brand of dense.

News Comments > Fallout 76 Legal Fallout?
22. Re: Fallout 76 Legal Fallout? Nov 27, 2018, 13:25 yonder

The amount of people here who don't understand how the law works, or how to spell "precedent" depresses me. I expect more from the Blues crowd.

Listen, Beth was FULLY open and forward with what type of game it was going to be, and the state it was in. If you CHOSE not to watch any streams or read and pre-release press... that's on you. If you're sick of Bethesda's bugginess, then DON'T BUY THE GAME IN THE FIRST PLACE. If you're sick of Bethesda's bugginess and then bought the game and are now throwing a hissyfit because it's not what you wanted even though they were as open and forward as humanly possible... consider that a sixty dollar lesson. If you CHOOSE not to learn it, that's your fault.

The one and only reason I'm playing this game currently is because a friend gifted me the game. It's definitely buggy, and literally NONE of those bugs are refund-worthy... and I logged into a server that didn't fully load, thus literally preventing any of my quests from showing up (plus plenty of minor bugs like animations not working). It was a really easy fix... I just logged out and logged back in.

This is an online game. Literally zero major online games are free of these level of bugs. I understand reality, which is why I am doing nothing but laughing at this lawsuit (and at people who don't know how to spell precedent).

Want to know a lawsuit I *DID* respect? The one against Sony over Star Wars Galaxies. Their pre-orders literally advertized classes being included in a DLC, two weeks prior to release, when that DLC removed that class. Now THAT is lawsuit-worthy.

This isn't.

424 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo