Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for yonderboyOSLT

Real Name yonderboyOSLT   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname yonder
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 7896851
Description
Homepage http://www.planetdungeonsiege.com
Signed On Oct 8, 2005, 00:21
Total Comments 299 (Amateur)
User ID 23920

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 16, 2017, 13:50 yonder

The Half Elf wrote on Feb 16, 2017, 10:06:
Shineyguy wrote on Feb 16, 2017, 09:31:
Blue, Salvation Army will probably take most of what you don't want provided it's clean (in the case of clothing) and working (in the case of anything else).

Just throwing out suggestions.

F the Salvation Army, Goodwill is awesome and doesn't have homophobic assholes running it saying gays need to be put to death. But hey that's just me.

*still wants Chick-fil-a to quit being homophobic assholes so I can have another delicious chicken sandwich and waffles fries with cheese*

Or maybe Blue picks and chooses his moral fights so that he's not at war with the entire world. And maybe his morals are less than 100% the same as yours... but no, that would make him a horrible, immoral person.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 16, 2017, 13:44 yonder

BobBob wrote on Feb 16, 2017, 13:28:
There's a simple measure of whether or not you have too much junk:

Can you fit two cars in your garage?

I'd love to see a poll demonstrating how many people's first response was something akin to "and if you don't have a two-car garage?"

Of course, having a two-car garage is one of the epitomes of having tons of room for storage. I live in a dinky apartment and my parents have a 3000 square foot house w/ two kitchens, 3 baths, a finished basement & attic, etcetera... and their garage is completely full. Mind you, it's a 1 car, and they want to get rid of it, but that's a whole other story.

PS - I grew up in the military, so I always keep the idea of "packing for moving" in my mind. I have a TON of junk, but I always know what's going to get disposed if I move again in the near future.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
14. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Feb 11, 2017, 20:51 yonder

jdreyer wrote on Feb 11, 2017, 20:42:
The thing about the Scarif data center I appreciated is that the plans were air-gapped to prevent a network intrusion.

Don't read the comments section then, it's kinda painful. I'm amazed how many people *STILL* don't understand the concepts of sneakernet (i.e. why it's sometimes better to physically transport massive amounts of data, tho that's only peripheral to what happened in Rogue One) and air gaps. And this was OLD data that wasn't required to be accessed on a daily basis anymore since the Death Star was, ya know, built. Obviously the day-to-day data requirements were duplicated since R2 accessed them on the Death Star in Episode 4.

News Comments > Call of Duty Returning to its Roots
7. Re: Call of Duty Returning to its Roots Feb 11, 2017, 18:58 yonder

Bummer... I was hoping they meant innovate PC-oriented shooter gameplay, but they probably mean "we tried something slightly new-ish and you idiots hated it for who knows what reason, so we'll go back to feeding you the same slop you've been eating up for the past decade."

I still love the first two COD games. But... ugh...

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Feb 10, 2017, 21:11 yonder

You have to scroll down to the amp link. Not sure if me being in mobile made a difference.

Long article. Interesting read.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Torment: Tides of Numenera
28. Re: Gone Gold - Torment: Tides of Numenera Jan 12, 2017, 18:10 yonder

CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 12, 2017, 11:50:
GinRummy wrote on Jan 12, 2017, 11:11:
Pretty cool interactive video, kinda choose your own story thing. Looking forward to my old Kickstarter for this game to finally pay off, but disappointed that I have to wait six weeks for simultaneous release when the digital code is ready now, if that is what Gold means.

Wasteland 2 CEs shipped months after the game came out. People who pledge for physical tiers are lowlife scum in inXile land and get treated as such. Remember how they excluded physical Torment CE backers from beta/early access at first, i.e. how people who pledged $40 for digital got in but people who pledged $100+ for physical got the finger of love?
Well, I got the message loud and clear. I have not backed (after TToN) and I will never back anything that is developed by these assholes ever again. IF my physical Torment CE ever gets here, I'll prolly just trash it right away so I won't have to endure the sight of a product made my total wankers.

Yes. That's how I really feel. Thanks for asking!

No one asked for your opinion. No one has ever, in the history of the world, asked for your opinion or feedback or input. We already know it, trust us.

And GinRummy, "Gone Gold" simply means the code is complete. It isn't published yet, you'll have to find a way to be patient.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Torment: Tides of Numenera
27. Re: Gone Gold - Torment: Tides of Numenera Jan 12, 2017, 18:07 yonder

CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 12, 2017, 16:26:
AngelicPenguin wrote on Jan 12, 2017, 16:16:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 12, 2017, 11:50:
IF my physical Torment CE ever gets here

Why would you buy the CE? Don't you hate, like, EVERYTHING?

Nope. Not back in 2013 I didn't. Back then I still had hope that these KS devs would actually be honest, different than publishers and that they would treat their pledgers with the respect they ought to deserve for coughing up hundreds of dollars before there even was a game.
Boy was I ever wrong... every single one of the high profile crowdfunded projects of that era was a disappointment in one way or another, mostly because of blatant lies, long delays, feature cuts and other displays of disrespect. Fuck crowdfunding.

So you were even STUPIDER back then than you are now? Wow... didn't think that was possible. And yes, literally 100% of all high profile crowdfunded projects were pure shit. Nothing good has ever been accomplished with crowdfunding. In fact, nothing has ever been delivered. Torment TON is a scam too, run by ME!!! Thanks for all the money!

News Comments > World War II Online Coming to Steam
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 7, 2017, 17:30 yonder

TMGeorge wrote on Jan 7, 2017, 16:49:
Rigs wrote on Jan 7, 2017, 15:51:
I've owned this game, at one point or another, a total of four times over the last two decades. I bought it at release in June (July?) 2001.

Same boat. Imported it at release to europe for 125 bucks. I got my 1st CC for it. (you dont really need CCs in europe) It sounded good but was terrible done. I gave up after 1 hour

I'm curious what you thought it would be if you gave up after an hour. It never pretended to be a fast-paced game for twitch gamers. An hour is barely enough time to begin to get a taste of the game.

News Comments > Steam Award Winners
20. Re: Steam Award Winners Dec 31, 2016, 22:59 yonder

jacobvandy wrote on Dec 31, 2016, 20:56:
yonder wrote on Dec 31, 2016, 19:53:
"Just 5 more minutes" is a way of saying "Just one more turn" and there's no way CS deserves it.

Have you ever played Counter-Strike? It's literally composed of short rounds under 5 minutes each, and it's very addicting. Tons of people who play are thinking "oh, just one more round/match/map."

I have, and I despise the game for a variety of reasons, and I've never felt anything remotely close to an urge to play again.

I fully understand that people do, but I don't, and millions hate it as much as I do. CS is a very divisive game for one that's as popular as it is.

18. Re: Steam Award Winners Dec 31, 2016, 20:31 yonder

Blackhawk wrote on Dec 31, 2016, 20:06:
It is interesting that, out of all of the votes, not one game older than six years ended up winning a nomination, unless they happened to be made by Valve.

In other words, every candidate that won the 'vote' was something Valve could still make money off of by extra exposure.

Well it *IS* the "Steam" Awards, so I don't see how that's terribly... interesting.

Most Awards lists have eligibility requirements.

16. Re: Steam Award Winners Dec 31, 2016, 19:53 yonder

Yeah but we're fine w/ GTA5's awards. Let's not pretend that "Whooooaaaaaaa, dude!" is a pretegious category, and GT games are CHOCK FULL of minigames, so the other award is obviously fine.

"Just 5 more minutes" is a way of saying "Just one more turn" and there's no way CS deserves it.

Some of these awards are bad. CS is obviously the worst. But most are either decent or spot on, with "Not Crying" by TWD as the best.

And yes, it's a popularity contest... and thus it's stupid... cuz gamers are stupid.

News Comments > Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer
17. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda Trailer Dec 2, 2016, 19:20 yonder

Cutter wrote on Dec 2, 2016, 16:12:
Fion wrote on Dec 2, 2016, 14:03:
Ok am I the only one who wonders why this new galaxy - and the planet in the trailer - seems to be populated by Humans, Asari, Krogan & Turians? This is a new galaxy with a few big ships carrying refugees from the Milky Way and all the planets & stations are populated by... the above Milky Way races? Is it lazy development or am I missing something?

A quick google search reveals that the game features just a single new race native to andromeda. It's an entirely new galaxy so the only Milky Way races in the game should be the ones on the either the Arcs or your ship! Just smacks of lazy development trying to squeeze out a cash-grab. I hope I'm wrong.

No, you're absolutely correct. This is EA afterall. It's just a cheap way to reuse existing assets. Apart from the Krogran the other 3 are all the same with minor tinkering. It's not like Star Wars where they'd have to build at least several dozen different models to get some variance in the species. Yeah, it sucks huh?

I gave up on ME after 3, naturally, and I RARELY buy EA games, but...

In theory, there could have been more than 1 ship... or maybe the ship was really big. And maybe they're holding off unveiling new aliens until later (I saw some at the 1:15 mark).

But yeah, I'll give you a 94% chance of being right, just like how abusive the asset reuse was in DA2. The awesome stuff in that game was awesome. The laziness in that game was mind-numbing.

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Nov 30, 2016, 21:39 yonder

shiho wrote on Nov 30, 2016, 21:12:
I tried to read that article and it was both confusing and pompous. AdBlock was a blessing to the Internet poisoned with ads, some of which contain exploits.

Paywalls are garbage too.

Learn to integrate ads into your content, Internet. Product placement. TV has done it, radio shows have done it. It's the only chance you have.

Except for the 70 billion or so spent on television commercials, your comment is completely true and not pompous at all!

News Comments > Assassin's Creed III for Free Next Month
6. Re: Assassin's Creed III for Free Next Month Nov 30, 2016, 21:37 yonder

Cutter wrote on Nov 30, 2016, 20:18:
The Half Elf wrote on Nov 30, 2016, 19:20:
Should have given away Black Flag or Rogue.

Three was pretty meh but Black Flag kicked major ass which is why they're not giving it away. I'd suspect they're still doing decent sales on BF and little to none on Three.

Not sure who picks the game, but BF was free as part of MS's Games With Gold.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed III for Free Next Month
5. Re: Assassin's Creed III for Free Next Month Nov 30, 2016, 21:35 yonder

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 30, 2016, 19:40:
Works for me, AC3 is the only one I never got around to playing!

Also, I read that someone dug around in the site code to find out what all the 30 Days of Ubi whatever things are, and free AC3 is listed for December 7th. So only a week to wait for that.

Other notable goodies include a first-come, first-served giveaway of 300 copies of a few "latest Ubisoft titles" on Dec. 9th, and repeats of previous monthly giveaways from the 22nd-25th: Prince of Persia, Rayman Legends, Splinter Cell, and The Crew.

AC3 is where I got burnt out on the feature creep. Tons of fun, but eventually I stopped caring. Got about 1/2-2/3 of the way through Black Flag and the same thing happened.

I dunno if it's boring or if it's truly too much of a good thing. Plus... I have medical issues which prevents me from playing as much or as often as I like... then I come back after 6 weeks of non-playing and I'm completely confused and lost. Similar thing happened the two times I tried to play Skyrim. I refuse to just barrel through an Elder Scrolls game, so I have 700 hours via two main plays and still haven't finished the game (or half the stuff).

News Comments > No Man's Sky Cleared by U.K. Ad Watchdog
29. Re: No Man's Sky Cleared by U.K. Ad Watchdog Nov 30, 2016, 19:00 yonder

Basically... Molyneux'ing during informal interviews is fine. During official advertisements is not.

I can actually deal with that, as long as they're consistent.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Foundation Update Live
10. Re: No Man's Sky Foundation Update Live Nov 27, 2016, 16:40 yonder

ItBurn wrote on Nov 27, 2016, 13:35:
In my opinion, if you believe everything devs tell you about a game that is far from being released, you're the one at fault. Especially for that kind of indie game... I didn't have unrealistic expectations, I didn't preorder and I harbor no ill sentiment against them. A tiny novice indie team with an AAA fan base and expectations, it's impressive they actually shipped something without complete mental breakdown. Also, a ton of other devs have done things similar to this and you almost never hear about that kind of backlash from the public. It's a bit hypocritical. I didn't buy the game yet, especially because it's way too much money for what it is, but I'll definitely check it out later when they finish it.

Massive difference between saying that they're AIMING and HOPING to include features years ahead of time and saying that they WILL include features with less than 6 months before release. I'm with you on the "more than a year" time period, but HG went way beyond that.

News Comments > Hello Games Breaks No Man's Sky Silence
5. Re: Hello Games Breaks No Man's Sky Silence Nov 26, 2016, 12:38 yonder

They'd do better just not actually saying anything. This is BS spin I expect from a Molyneux company. Not that Hello Games is much different.  

News Comments > Tyranny Released
7. Re: Tyranny Released Nov 10, 2016, 22:37 yonder

Retired wrote on Nov 10, 2016, 22:09:
Did I miss something somewhere? Game seems over priced....
How does 45 bucks for the generic edition, 60 for the edition with soundtrack and map and avatars and lil thingies, and 80 bucks for the version with all the bells and whistles including a "Digital Collector's Guide" seem overpriced?

45 bucks for the game. An extra 15 for some junk. 20 more for some other junk.

Seems pretty standard/decent.

News Comments > Beholder Next Week
9. Re: Beholder Next Week Nov 5, 2016, 18:34 yonder

ledhead1969 wrote on Nov 5, 2016, 18:30:
Prez wrote on Nov 5, 2016, 15:58:
It's a Trump presidency simulator!

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

A closer analogy would be a Hillary presidency. I forgive your partisan viewpoint as you must be one of Hill's uninformed and complacent sheep.

People seem to forget that Trump and his followers are now the revolutionaries. It isn't 1968 people. Republicans, Trump, anyone who doesn't tow the liberal party line are now anarchists, counter-culture, outside the main stream. It is Hillary who must crush that dissent and have her followers inform on it.

(queue The More You Know)

Poe, is that you? Someone misused your Law!

299 Comments. 15 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo