Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for yonderboyOSLT

Real Name yonderboyOSLT   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname yonder
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 7896851
Description
Homepage http://www.planetdungeonsiege.com
Signed On Oct 8, 2005, 00:21
Total Comments 287 (Amateur)
User ID 23920

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Nov 30, 2016, 21:39 yonder

shiho wrote on Nov 30, 2016, 21:12:
I tried to read that article and it was both confusing and pompous. AdBlock was a blessing to the Internet poisoned with ads, some of which contain exploits.

Paywalls are garbage too.

Learn to integrate ads into your content, Internet. Product placement. TV has done it, radio shows have done it. It's the only chance you have.

Except for the 70 billion or so spent on television commercials, your comment is completely true and not pompous at all!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Assassin's Creed III for Free Next Month
6. Re: Assassin's Creed III for Free Next Month Nov 30, 2016, 21:37 yonder

Cutter wrote on Nov 30, 2016, 20:18:
The Half Elf wrote on Nov 30, 2016, 19:20:
Should have given away Black Flag or Rogue.

Three was pretty meh but Black Flag kicked major ass which is why they're not giving it away. I'd suspect they're still doing decent sales on BF and little to none on Three.

Not sure who picks the game, but BF was free as part of MS's Games With Gold.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed III for Free Next Month
5. Re: Assassin's Creed III for Free Next Month Nov 30, 2016, 21:35 yonder

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 30, 2016, 19:40:
Works for me, AC3 is the only one I never got around to playing!

Also, I read that someone dug around in the site code to find out what all the 30 Days of Ubi whatever things are, and free AC3 is listed for December 7th. So only a week to wait for that.

Other notable goodies include a first-come, first-served giveaway of 300 copies of a few "latest Ubisoft titles" on Dec. 9th, and repeats of previous monthly giveaways from the 22nd-25th: Prince of Persia, Rayman Legends, Splinter Cell, and The Crew.

AC3 is where I got burnt out on the feature creep. Tons of fun, but eventually I stopped caring. Got about 1/2-2/3 of the way through Black Flag and the same thing happened.

I dunno if it's boring or if it's truly too much of a good thing. Plus... I have medical issues which prevents me from playing as much or as often as I like... then I come back after 6 weeks of non-playing and I'm completely confused and lost. Similar thing happened the two times I tried to play Skyrim. I refuse to just barrel through an Elder Scrolls game, so I have 700 hours via two main plays and still haven't finished the game (or half the stuff).

News Comments > No Man's Sky Cleared by U.K. Ad Watchdog
29. Re: No Man's Sky Cleared by U.K. Ad Watchdog Nov 30, 2016, 19:00 yonder

Basically... Molyneux'ing during informal interviews is fine. During official advertisements is not.

I can actually deal with that, as long as they're consistent.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Foundation Update Live
10. Re: No Man's Sky Foundation Update Live Nov 27, 2016, 16:40 yonder

ItBurn wrote on Nov 27, 2016, 13:35:
In my opinion, if you believe everything devs tell you about a game that is far from being released, you're the one at fault. Especially for that kind of indie game... I didn't have unrealistic expectations, I didn't preorder and I harbor no ill sentiment against them. A tiny novice indie team with an AAA fan base and expectations, it's impressive they actually shipped something without complete mental breakdown. Also, a ton of other devs have done things similar to this and you almost never hear about that kind of backlash from the public. It's a bit hypocritical. I didn't buy the game yet, especially because it's way too much money for what it is, but I'll definitely check it out later when they finish it.

Massive difference between saying that they're AIMING and HOPING to include features years ahead of time and saying that they WILL include features with less than 6 months before release. I'm with you on the "more than a year" time period, but HG went way beyond that.

News Comments > Hello Games Breaks No Man's Sky Silence
5. Re: Hello Games Breaks No Man's Sky Silence Nov 26, 2016, 12:38 yonder

They'd do better just not actually saying anything. This is BS spin I expect from a Molyneux company. Not that Hello Games is much different.  

News Comments > Tyranny Released
7. Re: Tyranny Released Nov 10, 2016, 22:37 yonder

Retired wrote on Nov 10, 2016, 22:09:
Did I miss something somewhere? Game seems over priced....
How does 45 bucks for the generic edition, 60 for the edition with soundtrack and map and avatars and lil thingies, and 80 bucks for the version with all the bells and whistles including a "Digital Collector's Guide" seem overpriced?

45 bucks for the game. An extra 15 for some junk. 20 more for some other junk.

Seems pretty standard/decent.

News Comments > Beholder Next Week
9. Re: Beholder Next Week Nov 5, 2016, 18:34 yonder

ledhead1969 wrote on Nov 5, 2016, 18:30:
Prez wrote on Nov 5, 2016, 15:58:
It's a Trump presidency simulator!

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

A closer analogy would be a Hillary presidency. I forgive your partisan viewpoint as you must be one of Hill's uninformed and complacent sheep.

People seem to forget that Trump and his followers are now the revolutionaries. It isn't 1968 people. Republicans, Trump, anyone who doesn't tow the liberal party line are now anarchists, counter-culture, outside the main stream. It is Hillary who must crush that dissent and have her followers inform on it.

(queue The More You Know)

Poe, is that you? Someone misused your Law!

News Comments > Drive on Moscow Begins
1. Re: Drive on Moscow Begins Oct 27, 2016, 11:01 yonder

I was fairly pleased with Battle of the Bulge. Interesting budget-variety take on a nuanced battle.

May have to check this out.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Oct 13, 2016, 11:33 yonder

That WW1 Kickstarter was a painful read. I haven't seen such a clusterfudge of concentrated grammar errors since the Rotten Tomatoes petition.
And a lot of his fundamental arguments are wrong. There are plenty of WW1 games.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Oct 12, 2016, 20:25 yonder

You had me at "associated to"

...wait

News Comments > Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man Preorders & Video
2. Re: Saturday Metaverse Oct 8, 2016, 17:32 yonder

Ozmodan wrote on Oct 8, 2016, 16:59:
I just stopped buying their dlc, it just seems like a soak your gamers blind strategy. Especially when the music is separate? No one does that than this idiot developer.

Holy Grammar Errors, Batman!!!

I have no idea what "seems like a soak your gamers blind" means, so I'll just ignore that. What's wrong with music as separate DLC? It's called "a la carte" and it's awesome. Would you prefer to HAVE to buy the music? LOTS of people only want the game expansion without the extra, superfluous stuff like music and graphics. Besides... there's a 100% chance that the DLC will be on sale within a few months, so there's literally no reason not to buy it if you're interested in the actual expansions.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
4. Re: Saturday Metaverse Oct 8, 2016, 17:28 yonder

Saboth wrote on Oct 8, 2016, 16:59:
Soda is definitely bad for your health, but not nearly as bad as some other things that we tax, like cigarettes. I'm never in favor of more taxes on people, as I think most people pay enough in taxes, and a soda tax is highly regressive. It could (and probably would) also be the start of a slippery slope. First the government taxes soda for having too much sugar and high calories. Then candy, chocolate, etc. Then on to snack cakes, pies, ice cream, fast food, etc. Finally high-fat meats, sausages, bacon, etc. Why not? Soda is not the single cause of obesity in the country. Singling one unhealthy item out of hundreds of thousands isn't right, and I think once the government gets their foot in the door, the sky's the limit.

Soda is no worse for you than these supposedly healthy "juices" that have the same number of calories and similar ingredients.

You seem to be unaware that soda has literally no nutritional benefit. Fruit juices have at least a little bit of nutrition to them, as does everything on the admittedly well-laid-out slippery slope.

Unless you need empty calories, there's literally no benefit to soft drinks.

And who cares if it's regressive. It's ENTIRELY optional. As someone who drinks a lot of soft drinks, I know I'm the one and only person to blame/credit for how many soft drinks I consume.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Xbox boss says some reviewers give low scores for clicks Oct 6, 2016, 15:54 yonder

SirKnight wrote on Oct 6, 2016, 11:12:
I first read that as "..give low scores for DICKS."

Kerning is important!

News Comments > Production Line Announced
5. Re: Production Line Announced Sep 29, 2016, 23:04 yonder

Interestingly Positech is on sale over at GOG right now, for those who were on the fence.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 24, 2016, 20:13 yonder

bigspender wrote on Sep 24, 2016, 18:36:
Oh that article about stress really annoyed me, but it didn't stress me out.....

TL:DR Pretty sure this "study" is an advert for McDonalds

1. They never actually tell how much of a difference stress makes. Is it even a significant amount? Why aren't there any numbers? Why aren't any studies referenced?

2. They never really mentioned whether stress was causing people to eat more food, and if that was the reason for additional plaque creation and weight gain.

3. There is no such thing as good fat when it comes to oils. All oils are a highly processed and refined product that contribute to cardiovascular disease, and weight gain. Even they're so called 'good fat' sunflower oil, while it doesn't have cholesterol so it doesn't create plaque, helps the existing plaque stick around. It also puts out the omega 6 : omega 3 ratios. And all fats/oils have 9 calories per gram (vs only 4 calories per gram of protein and carbs). So even a tiny amount means you are eating lots of extra 'empty' calories, since most of the nutrition was stripped during oil extraction.

4.The food cooked (eggs, sausage, and probably the gravy) are full of saturated fats - they themselves call 'bad fats'. So whichever oil/fat they cooked the food in would have only had a minimal effect since both meals contained significant amounts of 'bad fat'. The sunflower cooking oil meal would have had only just slightly less "bad fat".

5.Eggs, Gravy, Biscuits, Sausage is a terrible breakfast - not one of those ingredients contains any fibre..... the biscuit might have a tiny amount but it was probably made from bleached white flour which has almost no fibre left. It's a great recipe for constipation. And yes stool size and frequency is an indicator of health and predictor disease - such fun ones as colon cancer. Just like regular cancer only up your butt(sort of :)).

6. They go out of their way to link you to the McDonalds website nutritional information - Was this "study" just a sneaky way to say "good fats, bad fats doesn't matter if you're stressed, so come relax and eat at McDonalds because it's the same amount of fat and calories" ? Suspicious!

The take away from my morning ranting is:
Don't eat any fat or oil, apart from those from wholefoods such as nuts, flaxseed, avocados. And very little amounts. A handful of nuts, and a tablespoon of flaxseed contains all of the "good fats" omega 6 and omega 3, and in the correct ratio. Everything else will that is refined, or extracted or isolated will cause, contribute, or at least not alleviate disease.

Edit: my sources are from nutritionfacts.org and various books by Dr. Dean Ornish, Dr. Cadwell Esselstyn Dr. John McDougall, Dr. Neal Barnard, Dr. Michael Greger, Dr. Joel Fuhrman, Colin T. Campbell.

Heh you said fibre.

Blue: Your cooking smells delicious, as always!

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
7. Re: Sunday Consolidation Sep 11, 2016, 17:21 yonder

"the market" dude... not "the average American home"  

News Comments > Op Ed
25. Re: Op Ed Aug 31, 2016, 17:15 yonder

Regarding whether or not you should pre-order... how bout simply having some standards and learning patterns.

But... this is a world where Molyneux was able to get away with outright lying for 15 years before he was outted from the industry, where Shafer was clearly incapable of running a business for 15 years before people got sick of his sh*t, where Shyamalan still gets picked as a writer/director, and people are passionately pissed about No Man's Sky even after YEARS of VERY DIRECT clues... so I suppose I shouldn't be surprised... at all.

F*ck people are stupid.

News Comments > Op Ed
24. Re: Op Ed Aug 31, 2016, 17:12 yonder

jdreyer wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 16:55:
Cutter wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 15:36:
Games are hella more expensive now - triple A at least. Even 3 years ago we were on par with the US now we pay $20 more a game. Over a 30% increase in price in just 3 years. And they wonder why we flock to G2A and the like.

LOL, you pull these stats out of your ass, and no wonder, they smell like it. Evidence or GTFO.

A AAA game was $50 at launch 15 years ago, as Beam just demonstrated. Today, they are $60, which is basically the same after adjusting for inflation.

Dude they were 50 bucks 25-to-30 years ago. I know Cutter talks out of his ass... a LOT... but this is stupid even for him. Yes, there was a slight bump recently (where AAA PC games went from 50 to 60) but overall the price of games is ridiculously low.

Cutter, if you know how to search for information on the internet, I highly recommend you look for an Arstechnica article entitled "Why retail console games have never been cheaper, historically". Find a 10 year old if you don't know how to use the internet to find facts, they'll learn ya.

Sorry man... I couldn't resist (I won't lie, I didn't want to)... that was just *REALLY*... *REALLY* stupid.

News Comments > Europa Universalis IV Rights of Man in October
1. Re: Europa Universalis IV Rights of Man in October Aug 29, 2016, 14:15 yonder

YAY & STUFF!  

287 Comments. 15 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo