Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for yonderboyOSLT

Real Name yonderboyOSLT   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname yonder
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 7896851
Description
Homepage http://www.planetdungeonsiege.com
Signed On Oct 8, 2005, 00:21
Total Comments 272 (Amateur)
User ID 23920

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 24, 2016, 20:13 yonder

bigspender wrote on Sep 24, 2016, 18:36:
Oh that article about stress really annoyed me, but it didn't stress me out.....

TL:DR Pretty sure this "study" is an advert for McDonalds

1. They never actually tell how much of a difference stress makes. Is it even a significant amount? Why aren't there any numbers? Why aren't any studies referenced?

2. They never really mentioned whether stress was causing people to eat more food, and if that was the reason for additional plaque creation and weight gain.

3. There is no such thing as good fat when it comes to oils. All oils are a highly processed and refined product that contribute to cardiovascular disease, and weight gain. Even they're so called 'good fat' sunflower oil, while it doesn't have cholesterol so it doesn't create plaque, helps the existing plaque stick around. It also puts out the omega 6 : omega 3 ratios. And all fats/oils have 9 calories per gram (vs only 4 calories per gram of protein and carbs). So even a tiny amount means you are eating lots of extra 'empty' calories, since most of the nutrition was stripped during oil extraction.

4.The food cooked (eggs, sausage, and probably the gravy) are full of saturated fats - they themselves call 'bad fats'. So whichever oil/fat they cooked the food in would have only had a minimal effect since both meals contained significant amounts of 'bad fat'. The sunflower cooking oil meal would have had only just slightly less "bad fat".

5.Eggs, Gravy, Biscuits, Sausage is a terrible breakfast - not one of those ingredients contains any fibre..... the biscuit might have a tiny amount but it was probably made from bleached white flour which has almost no fibre left. It's a great recipe for constipation. And yes stool size and frequency is an indicator of health and predictor disease - such fun ones as colon cancer. Just like regular cancer only up your butt(sort of :)).

6. They go out of their way to link you to the McDonalds website nutritional information - Was this "study" just a sneaky way to say "good fats, bad fats doesn't matter if you're stressed, so come relax and eat at McDonalds because it's the same amount of fat and calories" ? Suspicious!

The take away from my morning ranting is:
Don't eat any fat or oil, apart from those from wholefoods such as nuts, flaxseed, avocados. And very little amounts. A handful of nuts, and a tablespoon of flaxseed contains all of the "good fats" omega 6 and omega 3, and in the correct ratio. Everything else will that is refined, or extracted or isolated will cause, contribute, or at least not alleviate disease.

Edit: my sources are from nutritionfacts.org and various books by Dr. Dean Ornish, Dr. Cadwell Esselstyn Dr. John McDougall, Dr. Neal Barnard, Dr. Michael Greger, Dr. Joel Fuhrman, Colin T. Campbell.

Heh you said fibre.

Blue: Your cooking smells delicious, as always!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
7. Re: Sunday Consolidation Sep 11, 2016, 17:21 yonder

"the market" dude... not "the average American home"  

News Comments > Op Ed
25. Re: Op Ed Aug 31, 2016, 17:15 yonder

Regarding whether or not you should pre-order... how bout simply having some standards and learning patterns.

But... this is a world where Molyneux was able to get away with outright lying for 15 years before he was outted from the industry, where Shafer was clearly incapable of running a business for 15 years before people got sick of his sh*t, where Shyamalan still gets picked as a writer/director, and people are passionately pissed about No Man's Sky even after YEARS of VERY DIRECT clues... so I suppose I shouldn't be surprised... at all.

F*ck people are stupid.

News Comments > Op Ed
24. Re: Op Ed Aug 31, 2016, 17:12 yonder

jdreyer wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 16:55:
Cutter wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 15:36:
Games are hella more expensive now - triple A at least. Even 3 years ago we were on par with the US now we pay $20 more a game. Over a 30% increase in price in just 3 years. And they wonder why we flock to G2A and the like.

LOL, you pull these stats out of your ass, and no wonder, they smell like it. Evidence or GTFO.

A AAA game was $50 at launch 15 years ago, as Beam just demonstrated. Today, they are $60, which is basically the same after adjusting for inflation.

Dude they were 50 bucks 25-to-30 years ago. I know Cutter talks out of his ass... a LOT... but this is stupid even for him. Yes, there was a slight bump recently (where AAA PC games went from 50 to 60) but overall the price of games is ridiculously low.

Cutter, if you know how to search for information on the internet, I highly recommend you look for an Arstechnica article entitled "Why retail console games have never been cheaper, historically". Find a 10 year old if you don't know how to use the internet to find facts, they'll learn ya.

Sorry man... I couldn't resist (I won't lie, I didn't want to)... that was just *REALLY*... *REALLY* stupid.

News Comments > Europa Universalis IV Rights of Man in October
1. Re: Europa Universalis IV Rights of Man in October Aug 29, 2016, 14:15 yonder

YAY & STUFF!  

News Comments > Crusader Kings II: The Reaper's Due Released
7. Re: Crusader Kings II: The Reaper's Due Released Aug 27, 2016, 00:54 yonder

What's wrong with 1 major DLC and 7 minor? If you DON'T want the picture packs and you DO want the music, wouldn't you rather be able to buy only what you want?

Now... getting a discount if you buy it all is nice, of course, but I'd rather have the option to buy piecemeal if I want.

But since literally every piece of DLC goes on sale within a few months (or upon the release of the next DLC) then I don't see why people are whining about the price.

So... you'd rather ONLY be able to pay 10 dollars later than 15 dollars now? You guys would rather ONLY be able to buy the music and the portraits and the graphics together instead of being able to pick and choose what you want?

What's the difference between that and forcing people to buy the graphics and music in the expansion itself?

There's *nothing* wrong with giving us the choice between the whole thing now, waiting a lil while for a major discount, or buying it a la carte. Paradox is doing EXACTLY what people have been asking the cable companies to do for decades. Many people would love to be able choose between a package that has EPSN ($4) and the various history channels ($2) for a total of $6 *OR* be able to pay only 5 for ESPN by itself or 3 for the history package by itself.

Paradox is doing exactly that and people are STILL b*tching. And people whine when people point out how entitled the gaming community is.

News Comments > More Win10 Concerns from Tim Sweeney
151. Re: More Win10 Concerns from Tim Sweeney Jul 27, 2016, 08:48 yonder

shiho wrote on Jul 26, 2016, 23:36:
Apparently there are many incredibly naive people in this thread.

Their store is not just an optional add-on. It's not just gonna sit there. It will grow with every major patch, like some sort of fungus.

Eventually there will be a "glitch", for example Steam notifications in-game will drop the framerate to a crawl.

By that point NVidia cards supporting DX 12.2 or whatever will be out, and MS will say, "due to radical optimizations in DX12.2 framework, it is no longer feasible to do shared rendering".

Gabe Newell will scramble to fix it, maybe come up with some sort of hack. Which will work for most games but not all. Annoyances begin.

Then M$ will say something like, "due to changes in networking stack to increase security, Win10 no longer allows firewall punching", which will destroy SteamPlay for a number of games.

Valve will then be forced to pay money for more servers and try to transparently emulate former SteamPlay peer-to-peer functionality that way, creating more lag, and it won't work for some games too.

Another annoyance.

The chain will continue until there is one annoyance after another.

Note that these aren't exact perfect examples of what will happen, but it is the general way in which a company of this magnitude can weasel its way into strangling the competition.

It's almost as if there is 30 years of history to find plenty of evidence to learn from!

News Comments > Op Ed
35. Re: Op Ed Jul 10, 2016, 23:51 yonder

Best comments section in weeks guys.

The one thing I'll add is that he said pay them 60k. And that would round off to costing 100k. Cuzza like, ya know, benefits.

No one said pay them 100k.

Literacy, it's sexy!

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
3. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Jul 10, 2016, 16:48 yonder

ledhead1969 wrote on Jul 10, 2016, 16:20:
It's not ironic if it cost them 800K to defend against a frivolous lawsuit.

QFE

It's similar to asking for a finding with prejudice.

News Comments > Civilization VI Videos
15. Re: Civilization VI Videos Jun 26, 2016, 11:01 yonder

The heck are you guys talking about? The graphics have, depending on your definition, either been cartoony for about 15 years or so, or have been cartoony the entire time. If you hate that aspect of the game you've hated the last 3 or 4 entries into the series.

I, for one, love the new look of the map and I think the change of the way cities work is a massive enough change to warrant a new entry into the series. I'm glad they're taking risks. If I want to play the same game over and over, I'll do exactly that, since I have all the games in the series.

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III Rise of the Terrans Released
1. Re: Civilizations III Rise of the Terrans Released Jun 15, 2016, 21:22 yonder

Might want to update the title of this news from "Civilizations III Rise ..." to "Galactic Civilization III Rise ..."  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 14, 2016, 22:46 yonder

Wow. That ad block "article" was a Strawman-filled steaming pile of crap.  

News Comments > The Sims 4 Expands Gender Options
5. Re: The Sims 4 Expands Gender Options Jun 2, 2016, 22:50 yonder

Cutter wrote on Jun 2, 2016, 22:14:
You can't change your chromosomes no matter how much you may want to.

Life of Brian - I want to be a woman

Interesting comment for news about clothes and walking gaits. And who cares about changing chromosones? All you need is to change the SRY gene.

News Comments > Free GOG.com Copies of Some Steam Games
30. Re: Free GOG.com Copies of Some Steam Games Jun 1, 2016, 23:10 yonder

El Pit wrote on Jun 1, 2016, 15:33:
It is a good offer by GOG. Of course, GOG gets a lot of information on its customers this way, too, by learning what games the customers bought on Steam instead of GOG and vice versa. This puts GOG in a position to check out the customers' reaction to its price politics and more. Pretty clever.

Definitely! Information, and more properly, the management and use of said information, is definitely the way tech is going... as per https://marco.org/2016/05/21/avoiding-blackberrys-fate

This is a smart move by GOG.

News Comments > Free GOG.com Copies of Some Steam Games
26. Re: Free GOG.com Copies of Some Steam Games Jun 1, 2016, 19:08 yonder

Ludomancer wrote on Jun 1, 2016, 17:22:
sometime in the last 3 years valve became the unofficial owner of gog. they were really successful in keeping it lowdown. gog should just be considered drm-free steam now. because most people have steam already, the software (steam) tracks (and takes action) with your gog libraries. its bad. i hope posting this lets some more independent, more free individuals verify it publicly.

And you're basing this on... what exactly? Oh, nothing?

See "cool to hate" reference below. Gamer Hipsters, I swear.

News Comments > LEGO Marvelís Avengers Assembles in January
1. Re: LEGO Marvelís Avengers Assembles in January May 21, 2016, 13:44 yonder

Why is a news story from August of 2015 about a game getting released on the 26th of January (i.e. 5 months ago) being posted? Database problem?  

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity II Revealed
19. Re: Pillars of Eternity II Revealed May 17, 2016, 18:57 yonder

eRe4s3r wrote on May 17, 2016, 15:18:
To be honest I was kinda OK with the release version of this game, but the expansions were totally lamesauce for me, and the game had many many flaws. Only thing I really got from it was the urge to replay BG2

That's never a bad urge!

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
1. Re: Sunday Interviews May 15, 2016, 13:52 yonder

So, so far.

Back then we paid for games AFTER they were released.

News Comments > Op Ed
47. Re: Op Ed May 8, 2016, 10:54 yonder

Devinoch wrote on May 8, 2016, 02:50:
Warskull wrote on May 7, 2016, 20:36:
The establishment see Steam reviews as a threat because they are actually good and cutting them out of the loop.

"The establishment." That's hilarious. Tell that to some indie developer struggling to eat because he's dared to have a non-backwater social philosophy (completely unreflected in his game) and someone's waterboarded the reviews section because of it.

But you go on and tell yourself you're doing The Lord's work. He certainly didn't say "love thy neighbor." Wait, hang on a minute...

That's some QUALITY strawman you got there. Highly entertaining! Don't stop,please!

News Comments > Meridian: Squad 22 Early Access Next Month
1. Re: Meridian: Squad 22 Early Access Next Month Apr 19, 2016, 15:35 yonder

Sad

At first I was hoping it was a stand-alone add-on to Meridian 59...

272 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo