Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for yonderboyOSLT

Real Name yonderboyOSLT   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname yonder
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 7896851
Description
Homepage http://www.planetdungeonsiege.com
Signed On Oct 8, 2005, 00:21
Total Comments 324 (Amateur)
User ID 23920

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > Computers Are Good at Computer Games: AI Wins Dota 2 1-on-1
2. Re: Computers Are Good at Computer Games: AI Wins Dota 2 1-on-1 Aug 12, 2017, 13:01 yonder

"Ishutin was beaten badly in the first match, forfeited a second match, and refused to play a third"

I can't help but think that was intentionally inflammatory. If you study chess, virtually all losses are "bad" and "resign" is a very common ending for a game. My guess, from not reading at all, is that they agreed to "best of 3", the AI actually won the first game, they played part of Game 2 until the human acknowledged that the obvious was going to happen, and everyone agreed that Game 3 was unnecessary.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 Delayed
11. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 Delayed Jul 31, 2017, 21:53 yonder

WILL WONDERS EVER CEASE?!

This has rocked my faith in the world to its core. I dunno how I'm EVER going to recover!

News Comments > Longsword - Tabletop Tactics Early Access
10. Re: Longsword - Tabletop Tactics Early Access Jul 24, 2017, 19:51 yonder

UConnBBall wrote on Jul 24, 2017, 10:23:
How does this not get sued into eternity by Games Workshop the instant this was thought of I am sure their lawyers got ready.

LOL!

Because Games Workshop understands
1)The fact that you can't copyright game mechanics
2)That GW sure as F*CK didn't invent miniature wargaming as a concept.

It's because they have at least a vague understanding of the law, unlike some people in this thread.

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
2. Re: Saturday Interviews Jul 22, 2017, 21:52 yonder

Perfectly valid comparison. Not a single difference between the two. And, since something doesn't always work, there's no reason it couldn't work some of the time.

PREACH BROTHER, PREACH!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 22, 2017, 16:30 yonder

Hyatus wrote on Jul 22, 2017, 14:18:
Well, on the bottom of the page I'm looking at we've got a white deputy who shot a person of color. A manslaughter charge of a white man who shot a 13 year old white kid. A white teacher who ran off with his white 15 year old student. A policeman who killed a person of color in a chokehold. A white police officer who shot a 15 year old person of color. Manslaughter charges in a Penn State fraternity death (looks like all white people involved). Teens rescuing a girl from a crash that killed her pregnant mother(ethnicities unmentioned). And yes, two stories involving criminal killings by men of color. Given this, I'd say that men are the problem. Or police are the problem. Or really, people who are given a random collection of stories and let their confirmation biases creep in are the problem.

You're wasting your breath. Cutter is a famouly terrible human being, all he wants is an outlet for his blatant racism. Not worth correcting by using facts-n-stuff.

News Comments > Planet Coaster Free Summer Update
3. Re: Planet Coaster Free Summer Update Jun 28, 2017, 02:47 yonder

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Jun 27, 2017, 19:25:
Might actually jump into this now... I picked it up when it first released, but it was too sparse with content to really get into. As is usual with FDEV, give them a year or so and it will fill out.

I got a really enjoyable 60-or-so hours out of it, and then I hit the "oh... this is it? Everything from now on is going to be different versions of this one thing?" wall. I hate that that wall exists, but that's reality for ya.

News Comments > No Recoil for Destiny 2 Guns on PC?
22. Re: No Recoil for Destiny 2 Guns on PC? Jun 22, 2017, 14:58 yonder

theglaze wrote on Jun 22, 2017, 13:27:
He misspoke, he meant "auto-aim", as claims reddit and an updated statement.

Linkage? I'm not going to go through the effort of digging through reddit to look for an idiot correcting himself for misspeaking because he somehow got "auto-aim" and "recoil" confused.

Alamar wrote on Jun 22, 2017, 13:35:
This is a crazy thought, I know... But I'm gonna see how the game feels before I bitch about a lacking 'feature'...

I obviously am not speaking of everyone with a blanket statement, but... I think a lot of the bitching is about:
1)The industry-wide practice of removing features from a PC version of a game in order to increase sales of the console version of the game.
2)The confusingness of what he's saying. It sounds like he's talking about rumble (what people usually mean when they say force-feedback). Recoil does not "[feel] really good" when you're using a controller. You don't feel it except through rumble. And guess what... people can use controllers on the PC. Why not make it an option.
3)*IF* he's talking about recoil... that still makes no sense because recoil affects gameplay, implying that he might be talking about auto-aim as a response to the recoil.
4)The idiocy of his excuse, if he *IS* meaning what he actually said. It's reminiscent of when Blizzard completely removed anti-aliasing from Starcraft 2 because it affected low-end PCs. Their BS excuse was:

"After evaluating our options, our engineering team opted not to provide AA support for StarCraft II within the Catalyst Control Center, even though the competition has included AA support in their driver at launch.

We are committed to making AA perform at an acceptable level before we release it to our customers. We will continue to work with Blizzard on this matter and hope to offer our customers an acceptable AA solution at a later date."

That's utter BS. Let the PC gamers decide if they can accept the impact of AA or not. Don't remove it for EVERYONE.

News Comments > Europa Universalis IV and Hearts of Iron IV DLC
1. Re: Europa Universalis IV and Hearts of Iron IV DLC Jun 15, 2017, 16:18 yonder

20 or so hours in and if you like the games, you'll like the dlc.  

News Comments > Anthem Gameplay Trailer
11. Re: Anthem Gameplay Trailer Jun 12, 2017, 13:29 yonder

Darks wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 13:18:
ItBurn wrote on Jun 12, 2017, 12:53:
This definitely isn't real gameplay. The game will play somewhat like this, but this is basically just a huge cutscene. With that said, if this IS representative of the final gameplay, this is terrible. There's no gameplay... It's just an interactive movie with constant scripted cutscenes. There's also zero player choice, no conversation trees... Nah. What happened to you Bioware?

So, just fro ma 6 min video you already gathers all that information? Yea, OK!!!

Once you've been around the block a few dozen times, you'll notice some obvious patterns. Don't worry, one day you'll get some experience.

News Comments > Life is Feudal: Forest Village Launches
8. Re: Life is Feudal: Forest Village Launches May 28, 2017, 22:35 yonder

Cutter wrote on May 28, 2017, 13:26:
Wow sounds like the dude who did Banished should be suing these guys. Shame, I was hoping this was going to be good.

Because Banished had walls and keeps and all that kind of stuff too, or because there can't be ANY similarities in games in the same genre? Once one game is made, you can't make anything similar ever again, right?

Oh, Cutter... /sigh...

Also, to everyone else... of course it looks similar to Banished. It looks even more similar to another game: Life Is Feudal...

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 26, 2017, 19:12 yonder

Mr. Tact wrote on May 26, 2017, 15:20:
Cutter wrote on May 26, 2017, 11:12:
Try paying taxes you fucking hypocrite.
Did I miss a tax issue for Zuckerberg? As far as I know he paid 100s of millions of taxes when he exercised his Facebook stock options.

Cutter just enjoys getting off complaining about things. And apparently he's never met a Baby Boomer if he thinks self-purpose has never been about a job. It's often one of the very, very first things they used to list when asked something akin to "well, tell me about yourself"

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III: Crusade Launches
3. Re: Galactic Civilizations III: Crusade Launches May 5, 2017, 08:51 yonder

You will likely be happy at all the later-game stuff that Utopia adds. Fixing this is literally the point of the expansion.  

News Comments > Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor Announced
2. Re: Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor Announced Apr 26, 2017, 16:52 yonder

Entirely good news!  

News Comments > BloodLust 2 - Nemesis Announced
2. Re: BloodLust 2 - Nemesis Announced Apr 17, 2017, 10:17 yonder

I wouldn't exactly call that a trailer. It's just early game footage.  

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Apr 12, 2017, 14:06 yonder

| What they said
|
|
V

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
2. Re: Sunday Metaverse Apr 9, 2017, 22:13 yonder

Ozmodan wrote on Apr 9, 2017, 18:34:
Testing a so called gamers rig that has HD 4000 graphics is hilarious, about the only thing you can play with that is maybe tetris. You would think someone at HARDOCP would have caught that mistake.

I dunno, I think the big news here is that a hard network connection is better for gaming than a wifi connection! Who knew! We can thank the quality journalists at PCGamer for this breaking news!

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Free Weekend
20. Re: Titanfall 2 Free Weekend Apr 1, 2017, 05:42 yonder

CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 31, 2017, 22:40:
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Downloaded the 36GB, played for 15 minutes and uninstalled because this isn't a FPS but it's a fucking lame jump&run game. What a piece of shit. I should've known better than to even mouse over that download button with an EA game *sigh*...

Where in the world do you get your expectations? We have YEARS of TitanFall gameplay. What next? Will you get pissed off at Civ6 not being an RPG?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 24, 2017, 13:56 yonder

When it comes to basketball, you aren't missing much by ignoring college hoops.  

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Mar 24, 2017, 13:54 yonder

Short version: It's more complicated and takes more time/effort. Please ignore ME1 and ME2 as examples of what happens when you put forth the effort as we were under different management then. Thank you.  

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Mar 19, 2017, 14:04 yonder

Actually small-c communism (more precisely, *actual* Marxism) makes perfect sense in a post-scarcity world, which we're only a few generations away. We're seeing the very beginning of it now.

https://unlearningeconomics.wordpress.com/2013/03/24/yes-libertarians-really-are-lazy-marxists/ is a really fun read. Enjoy.

324 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo