Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for yonderboyOSLT

Real Name yonderboyOSLT   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname yonder
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 7896851
Description
Homepage http://www.planetdungeonsiege.com
Signed On Oct 8, 2005, 00:21
Total Comments 339 (Amateur)
User ID 23920

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > Stronghold 2: Steam Edition Restores Multiplayer
2. Re: Stronghold 2: Steam Edition Restores Multiplayer Oct 6, 2017, 15:27 yonder

jdreyer wrote on Oct 6, 2017, 13:54:
The Stronghold series was one of my favs. Haven't played it in a decade. Does it hold up?

Confusing question. You're a fan of the series but you're asking if the 2nd main game holds up? Um... yeah. It's very much like Strongholds but improved.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Getting Bonus Map
3. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Getting Bonus Map Oct 6, 2017, 07:39 yonder

rawbelly wrote on Oct 5, 2017, 20:59:
Carentan. Sigh. That reminds me of when CoD was good (UO not 2). I guess the first paid map will be a Nuketown reskin. CarpetBombtown?

Oh my GOD I loved me some CoD (original). I actually also really enjoyed CoD2, but that was because I didn't fully appreciate the horrors that it would unleash upon the world. It was neato, nifty, new, and kinda innovative in what it brought to console gaming. If only I had realized that it was the sequel to one of the last of the era of great PC-oriented shooters... /sigh...

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Getting Bonus Map
1. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Getting Bonus Map Oct 5, 2017, 19:45 yonder

If it comes out with the full game upon release, it's not really a bonus map, is it?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2017, 04:36 yonder

Cutter wrote on Oct 1, 2017, 22:35:
No, I'm lurking a bit but having some health issues atm so focusing on that. Sigh, getting old sucks. Yeah, unlike ol' Monty there I seriously doubt I'll be making it to 96. Damn, he was married for 70 years, lucky man. Sounds like a pretty charmed life. We should all be so lucky. Oh well, it's like Indy said, "It's not the years, honey, it's the mileage."

Health issues suck huge ones. As a disabled guy I hope your current issues aren't terrible. Best of luck resolving your current health issues.

News Comments > Ultima Online Turns 20
13. Re: Ultima Online Turns 20 Sep 24, 2017, 22:42 yonder

Cutter wrote on Sep 24, 2017, 19:45:
Yeah, I still recall going from BBS' and Door games to MUDs to graphical MUDSs to MMOs. I probably still had the best times in MUDs. Small, tight communities, using your imagination, difficult as hell, a lot of attachment and sense of accomplishment.

It's amazing how Garriot let Ultima fall by the wayside.

To be fair, he's a pretty rich man with widely diverse interests and abilities. I can't really blame him for cashing out in '92. It's kinda like when your favorite band breaks up after 20 years... sorta of "well, that sucks... but it was a good run" type situation.

Dunno if you're following Portalarium but there are quite a few interesting aspects about it...

News Comments > Gone Gold - South Park: The Fractured But Whole
7. Re: Gone Gold - South Park: The Fractured But Whole Sep 23, 2017, 07:28 yonder

Retired wrote on Sep 23, 2017, 03:45:
Thought this was abandon ware. (My expectations of this game couldn't be any lower)

Assuming you mean vaporware (abandonware is when a game is so old it's quasi-public-domain)... No less than the first game, which was in development hell for forever.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 22, 2017, 12:21 yonder

Shineyguy wrote on Sep 22, 2017, 10:16:
Only using 1 or 2 CPU cores in this day and age is a terrible decision.

Allowing the game to be at least as good on PC as it is on XBone is a terrible decision... for MS.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Sep 20, 2017, 20:59 yonder

If he had listed Assassin's Creed as the origin for a lot of that stuff, he'd have a point. But the one franchise listed by name, because he's doing press FOR that franchise, is Far Cry.

The only FC franchise before the first AssCreed was the original FC (still a great game) and it most certainly did NOT set the standards for today's tower/unlock/uncover/maplitteredwithicons style "Ubi-Open-World" games.

It's amazing how high the AssCreed franchise rose and how far it's fallen in the span of a decade that the CEO of Ubi is unwilling to list it as the main source of this genre of open-world exploration games...

Also... so? It's part of the industry.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
4. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 17, 2017, 07:52 yonder

And there are plenty of other examples.

I use it to test compatibility for brand new pages/sites. I use it on my xbox... because have no choice and sometimes I'm on my couch and my PC and phone and laptop are all the way across the room. And, y'know, I'm lazy.

And plenty of tech-ignorant people who simply use what's available. Think IE6.

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Sep 17, 2017, 06:34 yonder

Well THIS comments section is a friggin basket of deplorables if I've ever seen one...  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 15, 2017, 11:32 yonder

Why did Arse write an article about a currency that's so incredibly volatile? It's gone up 20% in the past 12 hours...  

9. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 11, 2017, 20:14 yonder

Beamer wrote on Sep 11, 2017, 18:18:
LittleMe wrote on Sep 11, 2017, 18:02:
Agent.X7 wrote on Sep 11, 2017, 13:30:
Meanwhile 20 minutes ago at the gas station I was next to a dude blasting hip hop music in which every third word was n*****. Ah, hypocrisy.

This. This latest n-word hysteria is fueled by fervent egos boosting themselves as morally superior. It's counter productive and divisive. The real dangerous racism is what has been institutionalized and I don't hear any of them calling for an end to that (ie. the drug war).

Not this. People enjoy mocking their friends. People get angry when strangers mock their friends.

Back when I was a young adult and was hanging out w/ my friend waiting on my mom to show up because we were taking her out to dinner (cuz, duh, my mom is awesome), my friend started complaining that my mom was running late. The fourth time he made a complaint (she was REALLY late) I told him to stfu. He mentioned that *I* complained about my mom all the time. I told him duh... she's *MY* mom, a-hole...

It's really, really not difficult to figure out. Tribalism is a natural human status. That's literally all it is.

8. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 11, 2017, 20:11 yonder

You morons don't understand the difference between caling yourself and your friends a bad word and using that same bad word about people you don't know or entire groups of people?

F*ck you guys are stupid. There's truly no fixing stupid. You MAY figure it out some day because, someday, you may gain common sense. But I'm not going to be part of the process of bringing you up to the status of common.

F*ck you guys are stupid.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 8, 2017, 00:48 yonder

In one of my FF leagues (PPR), I got Brady and Rodgers, with Smith as my backup. I feel that no one will legitimately criticize me for NOT starting Smith this week...  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
8. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 7, 2017, 17:14 yonder

What's more likely to get a click? A seen ad that is viewed for a period of time or a seen ad that is viewed for a longer period of time? Non-seen ads are obviously irrelevant.  

News Comments > Computers Are Good at Computer Games: AI Wins Dota 2 1-on-1
2. Re: Computers Are Good at Computer Games: AI Wins Dota 2 1-on-1 Aug 12, 2017, 13:01 yonder

"Ishutin was beaten badly in the first match, forfeited a second match, and refused to play a third"

I can't help but think that was intentionally inflammatory. If you study chess, virtually all losses are "bad" and "resign" is a very common ending for a game. My guess, from not reading at all, is that they agreed to "best of 3", the AI actually won the first game, they played part of Game 2 until the human acknowledged that the obvious was going to happen, and everyone agreed that Game 3 was unnecessary.

News Comments > Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 Delayed
11. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 Delayed Jul 31, 2017, 21:53 yonder

WILL WONDERS EVER CEASE?!

This has rocked my faith in the world to its core. I dunno how I'm EVER going to recover!

News Comments > Longsword - Tabletop Tactics Early Access
10. Re: Longsword - Tabletop Tactics Early Access Jul 24, 2017, 19:51 yonder

UConnBBall wrote on Jul 24, 2017, 10:23:
How does this not get sued into eternity by Games Workshop the instant this was thought of I am sure their lawyers got ready.

LOL!

Because Games Workshop understands
1)The fact that you can't copyright game mechanics
2)That GW sure as F*CK didn't invent miniature wargaming as a concept.

It's because they have at least a vague understanding of the law, unlike some people in this thread.

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
2. Re: Saturday Interviews Jul 22, 2017, 21:52 yonder

Perfectly valid comparison. Not a single difference between the two. And, since something doesn't always work, there's no reason it couldn't work some of the time.

PREACH BROTHER, PREACH!

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 22, 2017, 16:30 yonder

Hyatus wrote on Jul 22, 2017, 14:18:
Well, on the bottom of the page I'm looking at we've got a white deputy who shot a person of color. A manslaughter charge of a white man who shot a 13 year old white kid. A white teacher who ran off with his white 15 year old student. A policeman who killed a person of color in a chokehold. A white police officer who shot a 15 year old person of color. Manslaughter charges in a Penn State fraternity death (looks like all white people involved). Teens rescuing a girl from a crash that killed her pregnant mother(ethnicities unmentioned). And yes, two stories involving criminal killings by men of color. Given this, I'd say that men are the problem. Or police are the problem. Or really, people who are given a random collection of stories and let their confirmation biases creep in are the problem.

You're wasting your breath. Cutter is a famouly terrible human being, all he wants is an outlet for his blatant racism. Not worth correcting by using facts-n-stuff.

339 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo