Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Undocumented Alien

Real Name Undocumented Alien   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description An Undocumented Alien working in the US, income and FED Tax free, and sending all earned income back to the country of origin. I thank all your super left-wing liberals for all their support and I look forward to getting my driver's licience soon.
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 8, 2005, 15:13
Total Comments 690 (Apprentice)
User ID 23756

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Fallout 4 Popular
46. Re: Fallout 4 Popular Nov 11, 2015, 14:39 Undocumented Alien

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 11, 2015, 14:22:
Alamar wrote on Nov 11, 2015, 10:36:
So much scrolling... I'm having nightmares about it...

Carry around the usual 200 pieces of crap... Oh look, a T-45 Armor piece I can throw in my 'bank' for later... I should count, but I think I had to flick the mousewheel like 20 times to get down to T to click it, as container management lists every single item...

Like the previous games, you can click the little arrows to the left or right of where it says "My Inventory" or "<container name>" to switch from a full listing of contents to those categories that exist in your Pip-boy, weapons, apparel, aid, misc, ammo, etc. They've also directly implemented a sorting feature that we used to have to install a mod for, you can sort by weight and caps value, maybe a couple others.

The Sorting feature is awesome, use it all the time. When selling, getting rid of heavy items, or choosing the strongest weapon.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

40. Re: Fallout 4 Popular Nov 11, 2015, 11:17 Undocumented Alien

InBlack wrote on Nov 11, 2015, 11:04:
Verno wrote on Nov 11, 2015, 10:38:
Really enjoying the game so far, no negatives to speak of and I haven't run into any bugs yet. The main quest has been decent so far, definitely a step up from FO3. Love the new combat/VATS system and the voiced dialogue is surprisingly immersive. I don't find the dialogue options very limiting but I'm not far in yet.

Took 30 seconds to edit a few ini files and was off to the races.

What did you edit for? FOV?

The main edits for most people have been for FoV and Mouse Acceleration.

38. Re: Fallout 4 Popular Nov 11, 2015, 11:00 Undocumented Alien

Verno wrote on Nov 11, 2015, 10:38:
Really enjoying the game so far, no negatives to speak of and I haven't run into any bugs yet. The main quest has been decent so far, definitely a step up from FO3. Love the new combat/VATS system and the voiced dialogue is surprisingly immersive. I don't find the dialogue options very limiting but I'm not far in yet.

Took 30 seconds to edit a few ini files and was off to the races.

Agreed! I just had the Pipboy & weapon invisible 'feature' but it can be corrected in-game with Zoom. Other than that it's been smooth.

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Fallout 4
82. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Fallout 4 Nov 11, 2015, 08:48 Undocumented Alien

Creston wrote on Nov 10, 2015, 12:08:
Undocumented Alien wrote on Nov 10, 2015, 11:04:
Enjoying it so far (2 hours in). Agree with Creston about the Character Models, kind of 'meh' but other than that, the environment looks very nice with a GTX 970. No bugs so far, changed the FoV to 90 in the 3/4 different .ini files and took off Mouse Acceleration. Going for a Sniper SPECIAL build, my close-up twitch days are numbered.

Do you get that weird thing during dialogue where the screen looks off by a bit? I think it's related to the FOV90 tweak. You'll notice it more when you get into the power armor.

Creston, the Dialog (and choices) seemed to be OK when I was in the Power Armor, I didn't notice any change from earlier in the game. Did you change the FOV in the few different places? Just do a c:\ search for Fallout4.ini and it should show you the 3 or 4 les and folder locations.

In regards to the 'debate' about how good this game is or not, if you liked FO3 or FNV, you will most likely enjoy FO4, else, you won't. Not sure why this is coming as such a big surprise to some people.

So far I'm having fun EXPLORING (and fighting in) the Commonwealth wasteland. There is interesting stuff to find if you don't just fly through everything. Some people say you get the Power Armor in the first five minutes of the game... I say... the phuck? Took me almost 2.5 hours to get to that point. Slow down and enjoy the ride.

This comment was edited on Nov 11, 2015, 09:41.

57. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Fallout 4 Nov 10, 2015, 17:19 Undocumented Alien

I hit my first bug (~ 2.5 hours of play)... from time to time when I hit 'TAB' my Pipboy won't show up but the functionality is there, just not the UI for it. As well, my currently armed weapon will also go invisible but I can still shoot. If I exit out (to main menu) and come back in it resets and shows correctly. GTX 970, latest drivers. Other than that, just joined the "Minutemen" and having a good time.  

16. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Fallout 4 Nov 10, 2015, 11:04 Undocumented Alien

Enjoying it so far (2 hours in). Agree with Creston about the Character Models, kind of 'meh' but other than that, the environment looks very nice with a GTX 970. No bugs so far, changed the FoV to 90 in the 3/4 different .ini files and took off Mouse Acceleration. Going for a Sniper SPECIAL build, my close-up twitch days are numbered.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide
47. Re: Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide Nov 9, 2015, 16:51 Undocumented Alien

Here are some tips for PC tweaks for FoV, etc: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=551069501&tscn=1447077828  

News Comments > Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide
1. Re: Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide Nov 9, 2015, 10:01 Undocumented Alien

My GeForce GTX 970 is ready! Wish I could play the game NOW!

I think I will start with a high Charisma, pacifist type character and let the people/creatures of the Wasteland do my dirty work for me. I usually go Sniper, but it's time for something new with this chapter of the Fallout series. Look forward to seeing a post-nuke Boston/Commonwealth environment (only in a video game of course).

News Comments > Fallout 4 Launch Trailer
7. Re: Fallout 4 Launch Trailer Nov 5, 2015, 12:18 Undocumented Alien

Boston!

Deflate this!

Actually, my wife's vehicles tire pressure has gone down since we have been getting colder up here in the MA area. Imagine that.

Game looks good, look forward to playing it, hope my 970 pumps up the graphics.

News Comments > Sunday Screenshots
15. Re: Sunday Screenshots Nov 2, 2015, 10:05 Undocumented Alien

Aren't these in game screenshots on their main product site under 'Media' screenshots? - https://www.fallout4.com/games/fallout-4

News Comments > Fallout 4 Preload Plans
11. Re: Fallout 4 Preload Plans Oct 26, 2015, 22:01 Undocumented Alien

Ugh... I never finished Oblivion, Fallout 3, Fallout:NV, or Skyrim... why would I get this?

I just can't help it, I like these games but I just lose interest over time (they never seem to end), and F4 is in Bah'ston, now I have to play it just for that!

Hope I can push through and MAYBE finish this one...

News Comments > 9M Played Star Wars Battlefront Beta
38. Re: 9M Played Star Wars Battlefront Beta Oct 13, 2015, 16:15 Undocumented Alien

I did like the beta also. I will probably buy the game, sometimes after release.

Something my boy and I can do together as far as gaming goes (we outdoors stuff too!). There is battle violence, but no gore at least, so it's Mom approved. Plus we both like Star Wars so it will be fun to do coop missions and even MP once in a while.

In regards to Battlefield 2, this isn't much different as far as gameplay, the ships fly the same and the vehicles are similar (AT-ST). Yes, the AT-AT on rails is poor, but what can ya do. We have been playing BF2 together via Game Ranger lately and BF3 feels the same. The visuals and sound are greatly updated though.

Besides the lack of a Server Browser, which does suck, the game itself is not bad. Its much like D3, very high production values with thin deep gameplay, fun in short bursts.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Extended One Day
38. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Extended One Day Oct 12, 2015, 19:28 Undocumented Alien

It is a kid oriented/simplified Battlefield game - EAs going for the hit a button and amazing happens with this one. Kind of like DA2 vs DA1

IDK, Diab-WoW 3 is the same and it seems to be pretty popular on Blues. Definitely, and vastly, dumbed down from D1->D2->D3.

Is D3 fun? It's fun in short bursts (a little more with coop) to just kill things quickly and watch them fly all over the screen, but because it's so freaking easy and pointless it gets boring quick.

I can see jumping into a few matches of B3, scratching the Star Wars itch, then logging out. My little guy (8 y/o) likes it so I will do coop with him (missions) and maybe go into the multiplayer zoo from time to time.

Yes, it could be better, but it's not a terrible game either.

4. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Extended One Day Oct 12, 2015, 10:56 Undocumented Alien

Update, the Beta is still going, just got my son back in.

Also, if anyone gets a DirectX hr1 error, right-click on the SW BF3 Desktop Icon and add this to the command line after the path to the .exe

-novid -noborder -windowed

This stopped that lockup from happening on my PC (AMD Graphic Card) running SW BF3

1. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Extended One Day Oct 12, 2015, 10:22 Undocumented Alien

My 8 y/o was messing around with it yesterday and it seemed like a fun game. I tried to launch it for him this morning (EST) but it just says thanks for playing the beta, so I'm not sure when it actually re-opens.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 20, 2015, 18:02 Undocumented Alien

Grabbed Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition at the sale price. Based on everything I had read and heard about it, I thought you could run around and slaughter Orcs like a mad man... found out I was a bit wrong as my first fight had me at 20:1 odds as Orcs came out of the woodwork after I tried to fight a lone Mob. So, after I learned my lesson, it feels more like MGS V in a LotR setting where sneaking and carefully picking your fights is important. It's an alright game for $20, good production value. After I get through MSG V and Shadow of Mordor, I'll try to get W3 on the next sale.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
2. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 9, 2015, 10:24 Undocumented Alien

My friend convinced me to give D3 another go, so I started a brand new Monk and off I went... but got bored very quickly. Gameplay still feels the same to me, great production value, bland game overall. A new expansion and a new character (Necro) might help.

Back to TPP for me.

News Comments > Steam Top Nine
23. Re: Steam Top Nine Sep 6, 2015, 22:04 Undocumented Alien

Kevin Lowe wrote on Sep 6, 2015, 19:26:
Undocumented Alien wrote on Sep 6, 2015, 17:44:

But it seemed to "normalize" once I got out of the hospital and now feels like a regular combat game, although I guess that could change at any time. I'm only about ~ 2 hours into it but I can say the graphics are stunning, the gameplay is pretty realistic (nme's will come to find you), and the Open World is fun to tackle problems with. May have to go back and play some earlier versions of Metal Gear at some point. But am enjoying the TPP experience so far.
If you're enjoying it:

Stop now, get Ground Zeroes, and play through the missions, extracting whoever you can. The ones to make sure that you get are Glaz, Palitz, and Hideo; the two intel operatives are optional. Once the servers are up and running, upload your save from GZ and import it into TPP. It'll be a nice little boost to your Mother Base staff, starting around Mission 6 or so.

Thanks for the advice, I'll take a look at GZ.

News Comments > Steam Top Nine
11. Re: Steam Top Nine Sep 6, 2015, 17:44 Undocumented Alien

PHJF wrote on Sep 6, 2015, 13:51:
My GOTY, over Witcher 3. It isn't a good Metal Gear game per se because there is like 10% as much story (whose girth and heavy handedness are a legendary trademark of the franchise), but it's straight fucking fun. Controls are fast and tight (MGS4 was clunky but playable) which was fundamental to making the open-worldiness found in Phantom Pain work. When my methodical plans to stealthily dismantle a base's forces go awry it's always from my own doing, and the subsequent slaughter of remaining enemies is always fun. Airstrikes and support choppers, having Quiet judiciously snipe at enemy flanks, or hopping in a flamethrower-and-machete-wielding mech keep things fresh for hours at a time.

I've never played any Metal Gear games before TPP, but I got TPP free with my 970 Video Card so why not give it a try...

I got into the zone with my "Da Vinci" and started to play it... WOW was the first 30+ minutes WIERD getting out of the hospital.

But it seemed to "normalize" once I got out of the hospital and now feels like a regular combat game, although I guess that could change at any time. I'm only about ~ 2 hours into it but I can say the graphics are stunning, the gameplay is pretty realistic (nme's will come to find you), and the Open World is fun to tackle problems with. May have to go back and play some earlier versions of Metal Gear at some point. But am enjoying the TPP experience so far.

News Comments > Trove Attracts 1M Users
13. Re: Trove Attracts 1M Users Aug 19, 2015, 11:17 Undocumented Alien

And just like real life, shitty parents won't manage/restrict activities, or teach their kids anything about what it is they are doing or how it applies to real life (and likely not even know or care what it is their kids are doing in the first place), then they'll blame the game, society, and anything else when things go sour far beyond the point the parents should have seen to begin with.

This has been a fun adventure with almost all the iPad apps that come out nowadays. Clash of Clans, SW Commander, My Little Pony... if you want to actually play the game and not wait 3 days for a building to be erected you have to pay for "gems" or the equivalent.

I am one of those parents that actually have a password on the Apple/Window Stores so the kids can't just click buy whenever they want. I make them pay from their own allowance and can only spend up to $5 a month on any Store App, so they have to weigh things out.

I really wish you could just pay a FLAT price and let the kids play the game without all this nickel and diming. It's a horrible business model, wish people didn't keep feeding the beast.

690 Comments. 35 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo