Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Undocumented Alien

Real Name Undocumented Alien   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description An Undocumented Alien working in the US, income and FED Tax free, and sending all earned income back to the country of origin. I thank all your super left-wing liberals for all their support and I look forward to getting my driver's licience soon.
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 8, 2005, 15:13
Total Comments 711 (Apprentice)
User ID 23756

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 3, 2015, 14:28 Undocumented Alien

PHJF wrote on Dec 3, 2015, 14:20:
Power Armor is made up of a Frame and any attached Armor pieces. When you kill a person inside of Power Armor, the Frame is destroyed while all Armor is lootable. The only means of removing a person from Power Armor without destroying the Frame is to pickpocket them of their Fusion Core, at which point they will exit the Frame.

That being said... the game is littered with frames in static locations. Nearly all static frames have a randomized selection of armor pieces already attached, with player level being a major factor in the quality of the armor found. Certain vendors also sell Frames (at exorbitant prices) and Armor pieces.

Makes sense! Tried everything, thanks for the response. Maybe I'll reload a save and see if I can get the Raider to concentrate on Dog Meat while I try to remove the Fusion Core.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 3, 2015, 13:27 Undocumented Alien

Retired wrote on Dec 3, 2015, 13:21:
Undocumented Alien wrote on Dec 3, 2015, 13:15:
Fallout 4 Players, Out of the Blue question...

I killed a Raider that was in Power Armor (laying down on the ground). How do I get that Raider out of the Power Armor so I can take it? I tried to click on the armors power core to pop him out of it, but that doesn't seem to work.

New to me, haven't seen that. (30 hours in, just scratched Diamond)

Pretty much the same (30 hrs), been concentrating on the 'top' of the map, just started interacting with the BoS in Cambridge. Will go to Diamond City soon.

This is the second Raider I've taken down in Power Armor. I have seen people sneak up behind them and take their Fusion Core which pops them out, but I can't figure out how to remove them if you just straight up end them inside the armor.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 3, 2015, 13:15 Undocumented Alien

Fallout 4 Players, Out of the Blue question...

I killed a Raider that was in Power Armor (laying down on the ground). How do I get that Raider out of the Power Armor so I can take it? I tried to click on the armors power core to pop him out of it, but that doesn't seem to work.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Free DLC Plans
17. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Free DLC Plans Nov 25, 2015, 08:04 Undocumented Alien

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 24, 2015, 20:56:
Ended up getting this, and have to say it's not bad. It's not great but not bad.

Agreed, the visuals and sounds are great, A+, but really it's just Battlefield/CoD with Star Wars skins and vehicles. So I can only play BF3 in small chunks of time as it gets tedious after a few matches. Fun playing with my kid.

They (BF3 Dev) need to randomize the teams better as well. Played on some server I got plopped into (no control over where you go) and the first match was a complete wipe out, the other team completely destroyed us, it's OK, happens from time to time on public servers... next match, same teams, same domination... not much fun at this point. I'm sure they could write some algorithm that can check the score, how far both teams make it for check points, etc, and re-balance the teams. You know, so it's fun...

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
2. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Nov 23, 2015, 12:13 Undocumented Alien

Darks wrote on Nov 23, 2015, 11:55:
I many be biased, but there is no way that this shit hole of a game is better then Fallout 4.

It's not necessarily a better game, but it IS a bigger brand name, especially with SW7 coming out. I have both, enjoy FO4 for myself, and enjoy BF3 for playing with my 9 y/o. Good time to be a gamer AND a Dad

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 22, 2015, 17:18 Undocumented Alien

Kosumo wrote on Nov 22, 2015, 16:05:
I'm loving Fallout, loving it! (yes, some things could be better, does not stop me form having fun in the world that is their although I would have like to add that raider power amour to my collection of 3 power armour suits, but it was stuck in a wall!)

About 50 hours in, level 29, anit giving two shits about finding my son

Amen!

I'm from the "Commonwealth" area so it's about exploring and seeing if I find any landmarks that I have actually been to.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Released
70. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Released Nov 21, 2015, 19:30 Undocumented Alien

Retired wrote on Nov 18, 2015, 21:48:
Sepharo wrote on Nov 18, 2015, 21:39:
Retired wrote on Nov 18, 2015, 20:59:
I don't see ANYONE playing.....worst game release of the year?

You're not checking the Steam friends list are you?

Nope, my list at Origin, just 1 joined after I posted that. Be interesting to see some numbers.

My son and I have been on full servers all the time, pretty much any time of day when we sporadically play (keeping him from zombie'ing out on gaming). BF3 has been a blast to play for both of us. While I know I'm exposing my 9 y/o to some mild violence (no blood at least), I wish there was a profanity filter I could check on his PC to turn naughty words into ****, the Mom's not thrilled with some of the F-Bombs that we see on there at times.

Fun game, gorgeous maps, and good game type variety. Will be playing this for a while.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Patch Plans
55. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Plans Nov 21, 2015, 14:17 Undocumented Alien

Yea, 22 hours in. Made lots of mistakes, but was fun to figure stuff out. I haven't even been to Diamond City and haven't taken the "Castle". I have 9 settlements.

Haven't even scratched the surface. Haven't found any additional power armour. Game has crazy amounts of data/stuff/quests/fun.

I've started in the top left (NW) edge of the map where Sanctuary is and just started scanning the map from West to East in rows heading South. I've identified a ton of location icons, some of which I can't yet touch until I increase my level. Found my first Super Mutants last night and bravely ran away

I only have two sets of power armor and 3 settlements. Tons of cores though.

Enjoying my sniper so far!

This comment was edited on Nov 21, 2015, 14:25.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Patch Plans
38. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Plans Nov 20, 2015, 14:31 Undocumented Alien

Creston wrote on Nov 20, 2015, 13:18:
I'm afraid I'll jinx myself, but other than dogmeat disappearing from time to time (thank God for the placeatme command), occasionally not seeing my hand/weapons (fixed by just switching weapons while in 3rd person mode) and the age-old issue of small items falling through the bigger items I've put them on (DAMMIT, BETHESDA!!) the game has been freaking flawless for me.

50+ hours, and it hasn't crashed ONCE. I've had Bethesda's games crash on me since Morrowind. Frequent, frequent crashes, to the point where their games have made me the "Quicksave every 2 minutes" monster that I am now.

FO4? IT.JUST.RUNS.

Please don't break my game with your patch, Bethesda. PLEEEAASE.

(In fact, I may just not update it until I've at least finished it once.)

Same boat, about 20 hours in, been good so far with pretty much the same small problems.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One
119. Re: Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One Nov 14, 2015, 07:52 Undocumented Alien

- Holding down Shift and using WASD is the same as using the arrow keys in certain menus. Very handy in Build mode.

Meant to try this last night but got side tracked. This is good, now with 'E' being the same as enter and Shift+W/A/S/D the same as the directional arrows keeps our (righties at least) hands at the typical locations.

Thanks for the tips!

70. Re: Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One Nov 13, 2015, 14:18 Undocumented Alien

Slick wrote on Nov 13, 2015, 14:15:
Undocumented Alien wrote on Nov 13, 2015, 14:14:
Oh and jesus christ, if I need to reach for the goddamn arrow keys and "enter" button on my keyboard one more time, I'm going to freeze myself and wait 200 years for modders to have made this game worth playing.

Use the mouse to select choices and use 'E' for Enter.

alright, i didn't know E could be used for ENTER, that's useful. but goddamnit i don't wanna use my mouse to select things. up down left right, we already have keys for that! I can't be the only one who's left hand naturally rests on WSAD even when they're not gaming... #PCMasterRaceFail

No doubt, WASD should work for the choice selections.

66. Re: Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One Nov 13, 2015, 14:14 Undocumented Alien

Oh and jesus christ, if I need to reach for the goddamn arrow keys and "enter" button on my keyboard one more time, I'm going to freeze myself and wait 200 years for modders to have made this game worth playing.

Use the mouse to select choices and use 'E' for Enter.

63. Re: Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One Nov 13, 2015, 14:05 Undocumented Alien

Verno wrote on Nov 13, 2015, 13:52:
Retired wrote on Nov 13, 2015, 12:37:
over 6 hours in game, all I have done is the first missions, and building a metropolis at Sanctuary. WTF!? SimCity 2087? This game is very bad for my OCD/ADD. I ripped every white picket fence off it's hinges and places a white picket fence/turret/watch tower defense around Sanctuary......probably will never be used.

I scrapped all houses of everything I could and rebuilt the whole town.

I need meds.....

Haha you have no idea. I've built fuckin Wayne Manor in this game. The settlement stuff is awesome but really bad for my builder OCD. I saw some dude on reddit made an animated billboard, that's my next project.

Yes, very cool - http://imgur.com/a/c2d6t

The https://www.reddit.com/r/fo4/ subreddit has good information and some very funny posts.

54. Re: Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One Nov 13, 2015, 13:48 Undocumented Alien

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 13, 2015, 13:40:
descender wrote on Nov 13, 2015, 13:36:
3200 is a ridiculously small number

No... it isn't. It took Skyrim 4 years to get to 8k reviews, FO4 has half of that number in 4 days. Fallout4 already has more negative reviews posted than Skyrim... If these mythical "bethesda haters" are actually posting fake reviews, they haven't been doing a very good job of it with other Bethesda games... just this one.

And from my perspective I see no reason why it should have more negative reviews than Skyrim at the same point. None.

Correct, because the next "Hate Train Stop" will be next Tuesday when Star Wars Battlefront 3 comes out and FO4 will be forgotten by those who were never really going to play FO4 anyways.

Personally having a great time with FO4, and look forward to hanging with my son (8 y/o) in BF3 next week.

Good times for gaming!

News Comments > Windows 10 Outperforms SteamOS
14. Re: Windows 10 Outperforms SteamOS Nov 13, 2015, 13:25 Undocumented Alien

Paranoid Jack wrote on Nov 13, 2015, 11:02:
Does Steam OS also hang like Windows 10 for up to a minute at times for no apparent reason while opening just about anything/everything?

I don't have a Steam Machine so all I can comment on is 10. I regret trying out the free upgrade. It is better than Windows 8 but is not really ready for prime time. My up to date Nvidia drives are constantly crashing in aps and while using the edge browser. YouTube videos are also going black screen with only audio. I think this weekend is rollback time.

I have 4 different devices running Windows 10, from my Home Desktop to a couple Surface 3 Pro's and see none of these issues.

45. Re: Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One Nov 13, 2015, 13:19 Undocumented Alien

Creston wrote on Nov 13, 2015, 13:13:
BobBob wrote on Nov 13, 2015, 12:19:
Better to prioritize spending toward investments such as index funds, tax deferred plans, and property. Thumbsup

Yes, because it's not as if there was a huge stock market crash in 1999, or in 2008, and it's not as if the housing market has already collapsed once.

SQUIRREL ALL YOUR MONEY AWAY FOR THE FUTURE!
(then hope you don't get hit by a bus.)

You missed the most important money-saving tip of all, btw: Move to California!

Stop telling people how to spend their money.

Agreed! It's about BALANCE. Put money in a 401K or equivalent, but enjoy life a little bit. $60 is not going to ruin your future.

As far as FO4 not being an good RPG... can't really agree, it's a living world where MOB's have agendas, you can be a gun slinger, a Ninja, Sniper, Cool Guy (high Charima), etc. You pick a role and you can play it, nothing in teh game stopping that.

42. Re: Fallout 4 Shipped 12M on Day One Nov 13, 2015, 13:12 Undocumented Alien

Funny FO4 Comic - http://bigfootjustice.com/comic/fallout-4/

News Comments > Fallout 4 Popular
67. Re: Fallout 4 Popular Nov 13, 2015, 08:02 Undocumented Alien

Funny FO4 Comic - http://bigfootjustice.com/comic/fallout-4/  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Popular
63. Re: Ships Ahoy - Watch Dogs; First Reviews Nov 12, 2015, 16:37 Undocumented Alien

Holy hell are the Legendary MOBS tough. I'm exploring the map starting from the very Northern top (game tip says tougher stuff heading South) and then doing row sweeps from West->East and vice-versa. Have come across two different Legendary MOBS already in the first West->East (from Sanctuary) sweep. Ran away once, died the next. Have decent guns, they just take some massive damage. Yikes...

Great game so far, building the Settlement has been an excellent addition to the game.

Back to exploring!

News Comments > Blizzard Sues Bot Maker
19. Re: Blizzard Sues Bot Maker Nov 12, 2015, 11:04 Undocumented Alien

SXO wrote on Nov 12, 2015, 08:54:
When you make games based on timesinks and grinding, this is what happens. I mean, let's think about it for just a second. In a single-player RPG, are you expected to grind for weeks on end to afford an armor in game? When the incentive to repeat dungeons with other people is the shiny tokens that gets you a new weapon or armor rather than the gameplay itself, you have a problem. Design MMO's more like single-player RPGs, remove the timesinks and the grind, and make the games actually fun, then things like this will cease to exist. When you put everyone on a treadmill that only speeds up over time, the natural result is some people are either going to fall behind, or find ways to beat the system. All my most pleasant memories from the MMO's I've played have nothing to do with the games themselves, but the people I played with. All that raiding, all the repetitive tasks that felt more like a chore than anything even remotely fun, all of it amounted to my current distaste for MMO's in general.

A-phucking-men.

The first 20 levels of most MMO's are have a very smooth level curve, then I guess once the "crack" dealer mentality kicks in the level curve goes STEEP and it takes forever to level... just grind-grind-grind. Gets boring, I can see why people would want a bot to level and get resources while you actually do something fun.

711 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo