Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Undocumented Alien

Real Name Undocumented Alien   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description An Undocumented Alien working in the US, income and FED Tax free, and sending all earned income back to the country of origin. I thank all your super left-wing liberals for all their support and I look forward to getting my driver's licience soon.
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 8, 2005, 15:13
Total Comments 712 (Apprentice)
User ID 23756

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous
745. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 25, 2015, 12:54 Undocumented Alien

Trying out this exploration thing.

Yay! Made my first 10+ Million and treated myself to an ASP

It's not as pimped as Vall's, but I'll start to explore and save up for an 5A FSD so I can do 25+ LY jumps. Got the Advanced Discovery Scanner and Detailed Surface Scanner. Have to get off the 11 Jump Trade Crack for a bit

Leaving the Solo Orbiter today and heading... somewhere...

Game is incredible, can't wait to do some exploring

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

730. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 23, 2015, 18:28 Undocumented Alien

Thanks Vall!  

728. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 23, 2015, 15:07 Undocumented Alien

I was in the Aerial System dropping off some supplies and along the way to the Station I noticed a couple of the 'targets' specified "Conflict Zone High Intensity".

What exactly does that mean? If I drop out of Super Cruise there it will be a War Zone where I fight for either the Fed's or Imperials?

I'm in my Type-6 so don't want to drop into some nasty stuff...

This comment was edited on Jan 23, 2015, 15:33.

718. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 22, 2015, 15:59 Undocumented Alien

I'm sure most of you know about VoiceAttack, a 3rd party app that allows you to dictate functions within E:D. I thought this was a pretty cool YouTube video od someone using it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4QkltClArw  

649. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 18, 2015, 22:09 Undocumented Alien

Just sharing a good E:D link: E:D Guides

Definitely look at changing the UI color scheme

639. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 16, 2015, 16:26 Undocumented Alien

Seems like there should be a way to "buy passage" to other systems within a reasonable distance, say 100 ly. That way you could relocate to another system.

Yes! Need a paid for transport service! For either your pilot or ship, either would be fine.

616. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 16, 2015, 07:32 Undocumented Alien

Give me a call, I'll fly with you.

Ha!

601. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 15, 2015, 21:08 Undocumented Alien

So I've graduated from an Adder to a Hauler to a Cobra, selling rare's definitely boosts the bank account.

So I've graduated from an Adder to a Hauler to a Cobra to a Type-6 and now have a 100T Cargo potential.

I started to do the 11 Stop Crack Route but have some question(s).

When I get to a station, and the rare has a QTY of 4 of 20, should I actually wait there for the whole 20 QTY or just get ~ 10 and move on to the next stop?

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Content Update Next Month
1. Re: Elite: Dangerous Content Update Next Month Jan 15, 2015, 20:06 Undocumented Alien

The first planned significant update will be 1.1 and will enter beta in the first week of February. Well be talking next week about how 1.1 will introduce a new way to collaborate with other players in the galaxy in preparation for 1.2s major Wings update. We have some some good news for planners of long journeys - V1.1 will also have a significant increase in the maximum distance for the route planner. Were currently looking at extending this to 1,000 light years!

MUCH needed features, look forward to Wings. Great game!

560. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 14, 2015, 13:03 Undocumented Alien

Dacron wrote on Jan 14, 2015, 12:31:
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=63119

Lists max allocation you can get at each station

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=97954

71 stop rare commodity route, in a pdf. Need to be a forum member to get the pdf.

Yes, thanks, very helpful.

556. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 14, 2015, 11:12 Undocumented Alien

Ok, so if I have a QTY of 15 rares from a station, that might be the max regardless if I wait 10 minutes or 10 years. Guess it's time to launch (at lunch of course )  

553. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 14, 2015, 10:47 Undocumented Alien

OK, I'll sell the Adder and buy a Hauler to start off in.

So I've graduated from an Adder to a Hauler to a Cobra, selling rare's definitely boosts the bank account.

Question, how often does a rare commodity get re-supplied? I have E:D running in the background while I work and I have checked about every 20 minutes and I have not seen this resource re-supply in about 30+ minutes.

Is it not supplying or is someone simply just beating me to the purchase?

539. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 13, 2015, 10:33 Undocumented Alien

OK, I'll sell the Adder and buy a Hauler to start off in.

Thanks for the advice.

537. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 13, 2015, 10:23 Undocumented Alien

Killing will never make you as much money as rare trade runs

Can I accomplish this with my Adder or do I need a bigger or different ship?

534. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 13, 2015, 07:56 Undocumented Alien

And now, I can use the $25 mill on the clipper to upgrade it pretty severely

Wow! I think I have made a TOTAL of about 1 Million since release...

Have to start killing faster with my Viper

511. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 10, 2015, 15:59 Undocumented Alien

Finally got around to purchasing a Viper (yes, I'm WAY behind you guys). Absolutely love the engine growl on that sucker and the damage it can do is excellent (compared to my Eagle). The Eagle is definitely king of turning radius though...

Now I'll hunt with my Viper and upgrade it's parts and then look at getting a Long Hauler to do some trading in.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Earns $21M; New Content Coming; OS X Beta Status
7. Re: Elite: Dangerous Earns $21M; New Content Coming; OS X Beta Status Jan 10, 2015, 11:58 Undocumented Alien

Love the game, extremely happy I purchased it. Look forward to updates including 'Wings' so the coop improves.  

502. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 10, 2015, 11:53 Undocumented Alien

Blue wrote on Jan 10, 2015, 10:38:
500 (well now 501) posts!

FYI, this post is about 37 replies from passing the release of Half-Life 2 as the largest game-related thread on this site.

WooHoo!

464. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 9, 2015, 14:27 Undocumented Alien

Just an FYI to my fellow CMDR's.

Saw this watching a YouTube video of a CMDR Bounty Hunting NPC's right outside a Station/Outpost inside the 'No Fire Zone' area and didn't know it existed. So, want is it?

I didn't know that you could tell the amount (CR) of a Bounty before you engage a Wanted NPC/PC. For those that also didn't know, after you target and scan another ship and determine that it is 'Wanted', click '1' to open the Left Hand UI Panel, go to the 'Contacts' Tab, select the NPC/PC name in the list, then on the right side of the panel, towards the bottom, and it will tell you the current Bounty for taking out that ship.

This was helpful to me as I would use 1000 CR worth of ammo to take down a Bounty that was only worth 300 CR, so Bounty Hunting at a loss. Now I always check the Bounty value to see if the fight is worth the time and CR.

Hope this helps someone....

418. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Jan 7, 2015, 08:22 Undocumented Alien

Someone on the forums posted this site, which is pretty awesome for configuring ships. It doesn't handle anything greater than a Lakon-7, but I don't think any of us have to worry about that yet.

http://eliteshipyard.nfshost.com/

Thanks for the link, cool site, nice utility.

712 Comments. 36 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo