Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Undocumented Alien

Real Name Undocumented Alien   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 8, 2005, 15:13
Total Comments 723 (Apprentice)
User ID 23756

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Control: Origins Launches
8. Re: Star Control: Origins Launches Sep 21, 2018, 06:14 Undocumented Alien

Is this game similar to Starflight?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DOOM Eternal Gameplay Trailer
22. Re: DOOM Eternal Gameplay Trailer Aug 11, 2018, 10:04 Undocumented Alien

Wow, awesome looking game!  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Shadow of the Tomb Raider
15. Re: Gone Gold - Shadow of the Tomb Raider Jul 26, 2018, 09:36 Undocumented Alien

"While the movie reboot was a bomb, the game series reboots have been awesome."

I just watched that TR movie while on an airplane for a business trip, it was legitimately terrible.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Shadow of the Tomb Raider
3. Re: Gone Gold - Shadow of the Tomb Raider Jul 25, 2018, 11:02 Undocumented Alien

Bought the last two TR games on a STEAM sale and had a blast playing them. I enjoyed the Indiana Jones adventure vibe with finding lost treasure and some fantasy elements thrown in for good measure.

Do agree it had probably a tad too much CoD style gun fighting in it, but overall it was still a blast.

News Comments > Remnant: From the Ashes Announced
4. Re: Remnant: From the Ashes Announced Jul 13, 2018, 13:19 Undocumented Alien

VaranDragon wrote on Jul 13, 2018, 13:12:
Im one of the five people in the world who actually loved Hellgate London. It could have been a great game, if they had staggered its release (it was EA at release) and stopped pushing it as an MMO. (It definitely wasn't an MMO. It was FPS Diablo with Guns).

As an aRPG it was awesome. Great character design, good gameplay and skills and decent loot. It even had decent PvP.

Its a crying shame what developer/publisher greed did to that game.

100%, greed killed Hellgate:London. If they went to the market as a ARPG with SP/COOP it would have done really well. I had a good time playing the "soldier" (Sniping/Grenades) class killing demons military style.

Will definitely follow this one.

News Comments > Fallout 76 Multiplayer Trailer
7. Re: Fallout 76 Multiplayer Trailer Jun 27, 2018, 08:35 Undocumented Alien

Armengar wrote on Jun 27, 2018, 03:06:
wait till the real youtube videos showing some poor sap getting ganked by gangs.

I would imagine, if this scenario were to happen in RL, a person would probably get ganked by gangs, so it seems right on target.

People complain about shitty MOB AI, then complain about PVP against real players, what exactly are people looking for?

This seems like old school Ultima Online (UO) in a Fallout world. I think it's pretty awesome.

Some of the most exhilarating moments in online gaming were fighting against PK'ers in UO. Yep, sometimes I got ganked, but beating a real life player far exceeds beating a MOB that has predefined paths and behavior.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
13. Re: Saturday Metaverse Apr 1, 2018, 10:51 Undocumented Alien

"The "liberals" have been riding this train for decades."

Except Obama, the chosen one, who's cabinet was full of ex-CxO's coming from large, rich, corporations that paid zilch in taxes.

Yes... decades... *Rolls Eyes*

There is no "real" big difference between Washington's Republicans and Democrats.

http://werenotbrokemovie.com/

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Sets Sail
17. Re: Sea of Thieves Sets Sail Mar 20, 2018, 13:57 Undocumented Alien

"but it does offer crossplay with the Xbone, which means there will be more players later in its life than if it were PC only."

I do like the cross platform capability muchly for those reasons, to extend the player base for longer. I'd like to see this much more going forward.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Change Plans
12. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Progression Change Plans Jan 25, 2018, 14:14 Undocumented Alien

Nullity wrote on Jan 25, 2018, 13:21:
I wish they'd release just the single-player campaign separately. I have zero interest in the PvP or supporting their loot box nonsense (even after they removed most of it - it's the principle), but I'm sort of interested in checking out the campaign. Maybe once it hits a super low price.

I 100% agree with you. I bought a copy for myself and my son so we could play together. One night after my son was put to bed I decided to try out the SP Camping that comes with the game. I VERY much enjoyed the experience, story was good, graphics were GREAT and I really felt I was part of the story. But, of course, it was VERY short.

It would be great if they could take this framework and build a longer running campaign in the SW Universe with it. I don't have anything against some PvP battles, but I've had much more fun with the campaign.

News Comments > Stellaris Apocalypse Announced
2. Re: Stellaris Apocalypse Announced Jan 12, 2018, 08:29 Undocumented Alien

Hopefully this addresses the middle to late game staleness.

When I first started playing Stellaris I was blown away, felt like Star Trek (Exploration, Expansion, Negotiations, War) in an RTS (I guess their is even a total conversion for Star Trek).

But after I played it for a while and the "newness" of exploring space faded it got repetitive and boring. The beginning of the game had a decent amount of hurdles to overcome while exploring/expanding which kept it engaging, and then it just seems to go away.

They need to add some excitement to the middle->end game. What could be an A+ game just feels like a 'C' after playing for a bit.

News Comments > Steam Winter Sale and Steam Awards Underway
6. Re: Steam Winter Sale and Steam Awards Underway Dec 21, 2017, 20:08 Undocumented Alien

Perfect timing, was looking for a new game!

Grabbed me GTA 5 at $23.99, looks like it has good reviews, look forward to the single player campaign (not much interest in the Online part). Had a lot of fun with GTA 4 many moons ago.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Released
4. Re: Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Released Dec 6, 2017, 06:40 Undocumented Alien

Slick wrote on Dec 6, 2017, 06:09:
Oh and for those keeping track, D2 already has microtransactions for cosmetic items.

Having cosmetics for sale is no big deal IMHO, doesn't disrupt or give an advantage in-game.

Based on what I have been lightly reading, it sounds like SW:BF2 took it to extremes comparatively.

News Comments > Microsoft Allegiance Revival
2. Re: Microsoft Allegiance Revival Sep 30, 2017, 15:23 Undocumented Alien

When played with competent people, this game was a LOT of fun. But most of the time it to turned into a capitol ship rush.  

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER II Launched
6. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER II Launched Sep 28, 2017, 15:51 Undocumented Alien

Darks wrote on Sep 28, 2017, 15:20:
Undocumented Alien wrote on Sep 28, 2017, 14:20:
I have Total War: Warhammer (1) and will definitely be buying II, it's a lot of fun and has the typically CIV... just one more turn feeling to it. Just finishing up my first Dwarf campaign an will look at II which from what I read adds to I and increases the map size.

Never really got into the other Total War franchise games but Warhammer sucked me in.

Wait to buy the GOTY edition when it comes with everything!!. Creative sucks, they will nickle and dime the hell out of this one just like the first one with paid DLC.

Yes, good suggestion. I JUST got version 'I' not long ago and still haven't finished my first campaign (Dwarf). Would still like to replay it as the Vampires and Humans, so I can certainly wait for a while before moving on to 'II'. When I grabbed 'I' from Steam I could see a sizable list of DLC for it, so I'm sure 'II' will do the same. It is a fun game though!

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER II Launched
4. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER II Launched Sep 28, 2017, 14:20 Undocumented Alien

I have Total War: Warhammer (1) and will definitely be buying II, it's a lot of fun and has the typically CIV... just one more turn feeling to it. Just finishing up my first Dwarf campaign an will look at II which from what I read adds to I and increases the map size.

Never really got into the other Total War franchise games but Warhammer sucked me in.

News Comments > Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Trailer
2. Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Trailer Sep 19, 2017, 21:55 Undocumented Alien

Dam, that trailer is awesome, sold.  

News Comments > Starflight Remake Plans?
9. Re: Starflight Remake Plans? Aug 9, 2017, 16:43 Undocumented Alien

Starflight would be awesome with the latest tech out today. Had so much fun with that on my Tandy 1000. I'd buy an updated version just for nostalgia.  

News Comments > Battlefront 2 Closed Alpha Today?
2. Re: Battlefront 2 Closed Alpha Today? Jun 29, 2017, 11:00 Undocumented Alien

Got my key as well, seems to be a MP only Closed Alpha. SWBF1 ran really well for me, but SWBF2 seems to be REALLY laggy. Running a GTX 970.

So far it feels the same as SWBF1, which I think is just... 'Meh'.

So hopefully the SP campaign will be the highlight of SWBF2.

News Comments > Magic: The Gathering RPG Plans
6. Re: Magic: The Gathering RPG Plans Jun 7, 2017, 14:07 Undocumented Alien

i wouldnt mind them updating the card game to have a TBS style grid kinda thing, maybe a psuedo XCOM thing...

This would be very interesting, it would definitely get my attention.

News Comments > Diablo III Rise of the Necromancer Rewards
1. Re: Diablo III Rise of the Necromancer Rewards Jun 5, 2017, 18:13 Undocumented Alien

If they roll out a new expansion I might be interested, but I don't see myself paying for this.  

723 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo