Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jake

Real Name Jake   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Haki
Email hoftiezer@insightbb.com
ICQ None given.
Description Ahead of them the LCI's wanted to take them aboard, and slowly they began to file into them to be taken out to climb the cargo nets up into the big ships. One day one of their number would write a book about all this, but none of them would believe i
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 7, 2005, 04:53
Total Comments 3 (Suspect)
User ID 23745

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield 2 Patch
54. whatever May 29, 2006, 02:05 Haki

I'm tired of the hatin' on the whole patching process. I've been playing these online shooters since quake. Been through the Tribes 2 fiasco and the counterstrike DISASTER, and loved the Battlefield series from day one(except Vietnam...we'll just pretend it didn't happen). AND enjoyed every damned one of them thoroughly, thorough the whole process.Anyways i am also a college graduate whose studies focused on applied computer science. I took a game programming class whose aim was uncertain. Our goal became to produce a first person shooter in the very basic sense of the word. I can provide a link to it if needed. Anyways we used the wild magic engine, from David Eberly. It is a large custom library c++ game engine that is built from the ground up from one person. There are custom Math libraries built, as well as an object system. The implementation being a "scene tree" for those who care. Anyways i learned a lot during that course, and i am someone who knew JACK SHIT about game programming before that. Anyways, before you go belittling professional game programmers on their incompetence, i hope that maybe you might take into consideration the kind of effort that goes into making such a(even a basic) system actually work how it is supposed to. First you need knowledge of matrix multiplications, quaternions, vectors, and various geometrical operations to accomplish even the basics. Then you need knowledge of the way the library or source handles the object handling. Then you need to deal with the additions from the team that handles the design of the game. They will say: "Wouldn't it be great if we could have this?" You will say no. This will turn the construction of this game engine by us Engineers upside down. Management Says: "Too bad, do it, i think it is a good idea." Anyways deadline comes and you have a version that works on a few systems, but it does work. You warn management that debugging and testing need to happen first before an official release date. Management Says "No release it." Of course, a bunch of people have problems running the piece of software that worked, but wasn't ready for the diverse types of machines that exist with users. I could go on with this, but at this point i hope you get the picture. Hell if you even get to the end of this post feel free to call me an ass. Just give me proper justification. Please. I realize this is a message board, but give me a break. It's been a long day at work.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > BF2 Patch & Euro Force Delayed
20. strange... Feb 1, 2006, 01:35 Haki

i haven't noticed as many bugs as people are claiming this game has. I crashed to desktop once or twice, and i play alot. I'm currently a staff sargeant. I'm incredibly happy with this game, yes i know that the in game server browser sucks, but for the amount of fun i get out of it, i can pay that price. Bunny hoppers don't trouble me either. I just concentrate with my DAO-12, wait until their feet hit the ground, squeeze off a couple of rounds, and before you know it they are dead. I have to highly recommend unlocking that gun. That is if you don't give a shit about all the 1337 people accusing you of "noob tubing"... which i obviously don't, they all die at my hands anyway...lol. Just hoping to offset some of the negativity going around. This game rocks.

News Comments > BF2 Exploit Warning Again
9. Re: so why is this worth it again? Sep 7, 2005, 00:56 Haki

well aren't you enlightened.

This comment was edited on Sep 7, 00:59.

3 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo