Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Russ

Real Name Russ   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Shineyguy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description YES I misspell my nickname intentionally!
Oh, and why are you wasting your time coming here to look at what I've written anyway?? Shoo! SHOO!!
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 28, 2005, 08:01
Total Comments 578 (Apprentice)
User ID 23706

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue May 23, 2016, 14:44 Shineyguy

DangerDog wrote on May 23, 2016, 14:17:
VaranDragon wrote on May 23, 2016, 14:00:
Im short(or near)-sighted. I wonder if I would need to wear glasses, considering the RIFT's screen is actually pretty close to one's face anyway?

only way to find out is to try one on, I'm near-sighted and can use google cardboard without glasses just fine.

Yeah, stuff gets blurry for me a couple inches from my eyes, I think I'd likely be OK with an HMD without my glasses on. Sadly none of my friends plan on having one any time soon, and I don't either for that matter.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation May 23, 2016, 10:34 Shineyguy

"After seeing what Jensen's team"....

I stopped reading after that. If they can't get the CEO's name of a company correct how can I trust anything else out of their mouth?

But yeah, basically all the same info we've had for a week now.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. May 18, 2016, 15:49 Shineyguy

Well damn, I noticed those weird areas in both of those first two locations. I'll need to start over and make sure I nab them.  

News Comments > DOOM Released
38. Re: DOOM Released May 13, 2016, 13:15 Shineyguy

ItBurn wrote on May 13, 2016, 11:26:
When you buy your games on these shady sites with huge discounts, you have to understand that you're shooting yourself in the foot. The developers get less money per sale and this affects the frequency and quality of games of that type. Vote with your wallet. Encourage the devs and games you like... I understand that these publishers aren't panhandlers and that you're not rich, but you're still affecting the game industry.

I did vote with my wallet. id Software's recent history (past couple games released) has been spotty. I haven't truly enjoyed one of their games since... Quake2?

News Comments > DOOM Released
13. Re: DOOM Released May 13, 2016, 11:19 Shineyguy

SpectralMeat wrote on May 13, 2016, 10:44:
Jagacademy wrote on May 13, 2016, 10:40:
Thinking about picking it up, but it's hard to justify $60 purchases when it seems like you can just wait a few months and pay half that.
It's $45 on GMG code: watch25

Game is good!

Paid $35 all said and done on G2A.com (i know not trusted, but these are coming direct from G2A from what I could tell, got my key instantly.)

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
13. Re: New GeForce Drivers May 3, 2016, 09:28 Shineyguy

To everybody that is having issues with the newest drivers, please do a full DDU (using the Display Driver Cleaner app) to remove all driver remnants from your PC and proceed with a truly clean driver install.

This may resolve the issue for most of you.

News Comments > CoD4 Remaster Poop
12. Re: CoD4 Remaster Poop Apr 29, 2016, 09:37 Shineyguy

Eh, I quite enjoyed World At War as well.  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Mods Open Beta
16. Re: Fallout 4 Mods Open Beta Apr 28, 2016, 09:40 Shineyguy

LittleMe wrote on Apr 28, 2016, 00:14:
CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 27, 2016, 21:41:
Seriously, this shit just takes time. Most people here can not even begin to imagine the mountain of work that goes into providing mod tools of that quality.

This is what project planning is for. It only takes time if they don't allocate the programming resources in advance. If they don't have the resources, they need to hire or plan accordingly. I stand my what I said. They are at least six months late. It needed to into beta on release week. Yes they look like amateurs for many reasons.

In retrospect it looks like this long delay was due to console integration for mods. They should have given the PC community the mod tools from the start so that when it was ready to go on consoles, there would be plenty of mods ready.

Here's a prediction. There will be a half-assed implementation for the in-game mod system and the modding and player community will scream in agony. For example, sorting mod order will be absent or something else that's trivial but essential. Then when people complain about it here on the forums, you'll bitch them out about how difficult it is when in truth most of the hard work has been done on previous games since it's a very old engine.

It's as if Fallout Nexus hasn't existed the past 6 months and has almost 10,000 mods listed for download...

What these mod tools bring us is the expanded capability for mods on PC. Also, a set of tools specific to FO4, and not ones re-purposed from Skyrim.

Also, it's not just programming the tools that had to happen here, they offer full documentation as well with the tools. This is something that takes serious effort on behalf of the game developers. I for one am happy that I didn't have to wait the extra time for FO4 just to wait for the mod tools.

News Comments > Desilets vs Ubisoft Lawsuit Dropped
4. Re: Desilets vs Ubisoft Lawsuit Dropped Apr 26, 2016, 09:26 Shineyguy

Cutter wrote on Apr 25, 2016, 20:37:
Well, I guess we'll see if this guy is a one trick pony or not. I like the concept for Ancestors, but it sounds like it's going to be several episodic stories at an hour or so a piece which isn't inspiring.

Short episodic games are not necessarily a bad thing. Take TellTale's catalog for example, specifically The Wolf Among Us. Their other games are good, sure; but for some reason this one game stuck out to me among the rest.

News Comments > DOOM Open Beta Extended
32. Re: DOOM Open Beta Extended Apr 18, 2016, 10:14 Shineyguy

I played a multiplayer match and could tell almost right away that this is not the Doom game that I wanted. Player classes have no place in Doom. Double Jump has no place. Slow movement speed. Almost everything didn't feel right except for the look of the game.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 15, 2016, 10:37 Shineyguy

I have the same issue going on Blue. I'll probably try out Overwatch again (had tried it out last round as well), played some Battleborn and it's... well... forgettable unfortunately to say. Not sure what was more chaotic, I think Overwatch sort of was in a weird way.

Doom, haven't read anything about it really, so it'll be my first experience with it.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Creation Kit Beta Signups
5. Re: Fallout 4 Creation Kit Beta Signups Apr 11, 2016, 13:32 Shineyguy

ItBurn wrote on Apr 11, 2016, 13:27:
Creston wrote on Apr 11, 2016, 13:20:
It is taking them just stupidly long to release the CK this time around. Might it have something to do with them trying hard to pawn quite underwhelming DLC? (so far, I hope Far Harbor will be awesome) Nah.

I think it has more to do with the fact that consoles will support some form of modding. I don't see how this can bring anything good to PC modders.

It'll make developing mods for Fo4 on PC easier that's for sure, but yeah a lot of the time spent releasing the GECK probably has to do with the fact that it's hitting console as well.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 31, 2016, 09:31 Shineyguy

Jamil20 wrote on Mar 31, 2016, 09:20:
Expect a 5% improvement over the 980ti. Yay.

You may have been sarcastic in your posting, but that's a near impossible improvement #. We're facing a die shrink (by almost HALF), so performance improvements will undoubtedly be better.

News Comments > Evening Patches
3. Re: Evening Patches Mar 24, 2016, 08:39 Shineyguy

Can confirm, good game.  

News Comments > BioWare Teases Missed Teaser T-Shirt
4. Re: BioWare Teases Missed Teaser T-Shirt Mar 21, 2016, 13:19 Shineyguy

Kxmode wrote on Mar 21, 2016, 11:26:
Is it a MOBA consisting of heroes and villains from all of BioWare's IPs?

This is funny, because everyone is doing it.

Honestly, I didn't even really know that Epic was working on one... Overwatch was "meh" when I played it. And there's countless others too...

News Comments > CryENGINE V Goes Pay What You Want
15. Re: CryENGINE V Goes Pay What You Want Mar 16, 2016, 08:56 Shineyguy

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Mar 16, 2016, 04:25:
Is this the same thing as the Dunia engine?

No, CryEngine has had nothing to do with Far Cry since the first game made by Crytek.

News Comments > The Division Tips
31. Re: The Division Tips Mar 10, 2016, 09:42 Shineyguy

Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 9, 2016, 18:37:
Darks wrote on Mar 9, 2016, 15:48:
HoSpanky wrote on Mar 9, 2016, 15:04:
SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 9, 2016, 12:20:
I am running a single 970 and everything set to the max, 1080p.
The benchmark tool gave me avg 60fps
Might have vsync enabled forgot to check.

Not sure why you are getting bad performance with your cards.
I am running Win10 and the second last Nvidia drivers.
I didn't install the ones they've just came out with yesterday

although the almost-constant fuckup at launch for SLI makes me wonder why I bought this game day 1.

All I can say to this comment is, if you feel that way then good luck getting most any game from day one to work with SLI. SLI is not the industry standard for gaming. Only high end users with money to waste use it. most are more then happy using one card versus fighting with getting SLI to work properly.

Maybe you should play on a console? you might be happier in the end.

Except my pair of 970s was cheaper than 1 980 and for the most part the performance is better. Some of you have SLI envy, I swear. You guys bash it every chance you get.

I've had many SLI and Crossfire setups. Up until recently my latest setup was dual GTX 780s in SLI. I sold my second card after getting a G-Sync monitor because G-Sync and SLI do not play together very well in many games I play, so, I sold the second card. With G-Sync, as mentioned before, you don't really NEED SLI anyway.

I'm waiting for Pascal now, should give me a nice boost.

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Sets Ubi Records
25. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Sets Ubi Records Mar 10, 2016, 09:37 Shineyguy

Philll wrote on Mar 10, 2016, 09:30:
Slick wrote on Mar 10, 2016, 08:16:
Philll wrote on Mar 10, 2016, 02:21:
Slick wrote on Mar 9, 2016, 23:32:
Philll wrote on Mar 9, 2016, 22:33:
Nice! The record for Ubi's sales records and 'naive purchasing decisions' were broken on the same day.

How ironic.

Open beta for a full weekend across all platforms showing off a sizable portion of the finished product 2 weeks before launch. Or you know, those "naive" buyers.

Yet people are giving it average to negative reviews everywhere that a collective score can be gathered.

I really don't have the time to explain how 0.001% of players review-bombing on metacritic doesn't amount to jack shit.

But here something you can take with you, this forum. The vast majority of players in this thread who have actually played the game tend to enjoy it. In fact, that rings true for pretty much every Div thread on this board since it was playable.

u mad?

It's currently sitting on 64% on Steam with over 3000 votes of the ~7000 being negative.

I suppose these 3000 people are representative of nothing? Or 0.0001%? Or they all bought the game for ~$60 just so they could shit on it? Let me guess; "Steam reviews don't matter", or "those people just have launch issues!"

You know what else had the same score and launch issues? FC Primal. Another Ubishit title. How's that doing with the user base? Still in the 60s after 10 days?

I can taste the regret in every one of those reviews. Especially when they state what everyone knew even before the beta was released. It's delicious.

If you actually READ those reviews, many of them ARE bullshit. Complaining about things that aren't reality.

News Comments > The Division Tips
17. Re: The Division Tips Mar 9, 2016, 15:57 Shineyguy

Darks wrote on Mar 9, 2016, 12:33:
Avus wrote on Mar 9, 2016, 11:44:
This is a perfect game for player killers, back stabbers and trolls. Have you seen those "Jumping jacks" videos??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYPlleaUjQo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBoIxNe3VIs

Yes, Ive seen the childish idiots doing this. UBI will get around to banning or fixing this issue.

This all leads back to a few games i've played in the past. One was WOW Blizz fixed it by making players in the world and NPCs non blockable. Meaning you can walk through them. This also leads me to another game that got slammed for doing this exact same thing. Aliens, Colonial Marines.

I recall many people bashing the shit out of that game for this same exact thing you could do. This is why devs implement walking through NPCs and players. To avoid this dumbass shit from occurring and people abusing it.

You can run through people in these instances (in The Division). Just keep running against the player that is blocking your path and you will phase through them after around 3-5 seconds.

Now, issues with the "quest" objectives, that's something else entirely.

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers
5. Re: New GeForce Drivers Mar 7, 2016, 22:51 Shineyguy

necrosis wrote on Mar 7, 2016, 21:12:
!! CAUTION !!

Many people (including me) are getting BSOD's during install. Personally for me it installed OK but all games run at 2 FPS. Attempt to remove and roll back hosed my system. Will have to reload tomorrow instead of playing The Division.

http://bit.ly/1OY4iO1

Been narrowed down to Windows 10 users with multiple monitors. Reports are that if you uninstall current driver and run DDU, then install new driver you'll be all set.

EDIT: I can confirm this worked for me. Just updated without issue.

This comment was edited on Mar 7, 2016, 23:10.

578 Comments. 29 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo