Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Russ

Real Name Russ   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Shineyguy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description YES I misspell my nickname intentionally!
Oh, and why are you wasting your time coming here to look at what I've written anyway?? Shoo! SHOO!!
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 28, 2005, 08:01
Total Comments 605 (Apprentice)
User ID 23706

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
18. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 18, 2017, 09:40 Shineyguy

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 17, 2017, 20:48:
THANK YOU OBAMA!!! Edward Snowden should have been on that list.

President Obama will be known as one of the greatest Presidents in the history of the United States and drumpf will be nothing but an ugly forgotten footnote.

Realize that this isn't necessarily Obama being a good guy. Julian Assange just recently said he'd turn himself in if Obama pardons Manning...

Chew on that for a bit.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Jan 10, 2017, 14:32 Shineyguy

Creston wrote on Jan 10, 2017, 13:46:
I imagine he's referring to multiplayer not building up your readiness score, or whatever, so you're not stuck getting the shit single player ending unless you do literally every single fetch quest ever imagined in the history of gaming. (Something they later patched out by having the better endings require less "warscore" or whatever inane crap it was called.)

It was one of the worst systems ever implemented in a game. I'm glad to see they finally woke up over there.

I was legitimately pissed when I found out that I HAD to play multiplayer to up that bullshit score on my playthrough. I bought a fucking single player game SO I DIDN'T HAVE TO PLAY THE FUCKING THING ONLINE. Why are you adding online bullshit to my fucking single player game?

WTF?!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 9, 2017, 09:48 Shineyguy

The next version of Windows Update will let you opt out of new drivers.

Thank god. I just reinstalled windows on my machine, and trying to make sure that the only drivers that ever were installed for my video card were a specific set (I didn't want the latest nVidia drivers because there's issues with that set, I had a specific known good set of drivers to use) was a bear. I don't think I ever got my video drivers installed before Windows decided to do it.

News Comments > Forza Horizon 3 Patch Glitch
5. Re: Forza Horizon 3 Patch Glitch Jan 6, 2017, 09:27 Shineyguy

Avus wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 19:09:
M$ Windows Store is still at least a generation behind as a game client compare to Steam, Origin or even Uplay....

Which follows, as Steam is 13 years old now..

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Trailer Next Week
4. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Trailer Next Week Dec 30, 2016, 13:39 Shineyguy

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 30, 2016, 12:44:
So Nvidia is pimping ME Andromeda, even though the whole HDR thing for consoles runs ATI.

*is confuzzled*

Unless it's also coming to Nintendo's new system as well..

News Comments > Ubisoft Giveaway Second Chance
14. Re: Ubisoft Giveaway Second Chance Dec 16, 2016, 09:47 Shineyguy

Compared to the other platforms, UPlay is actually pretty subdued. Not in your face at all, and it works well for me. Also mostly easy to figure out what is going on.  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
6. Re: Evening Interviews Dec 13, 2016, 09:48 Shineyguy

Single player more than made up for the $60 price tag of the game.  

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 5, 2016, 14:41 Shineyguy

Ugh, such click bait on that 7700k "article"

The 7700k was tested at LESS THAN 1% slower than the 6700k clock for clock. Thus meaning that it's within the natural variance. So it's the same speed clock per clock as the 6700k.

Which is what Intel was saying all along.

News Comments > GOG.Com Winter Sale Includes Free NWN; Steam Sale Dated
10. Re: GOG.Com Winter Sale Includes Free NWN; Steam Sale Dated Dec 1, 2016, 15:39 Shineyguy

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 1, 2016, 12:30:
Cool, very classy, CDProjekt Red.

I own NWN and NWN2(with all expansions) on disc... they were that old.

This is a very nice move for the old schoolers.

My Gog catalog is starting to rival my Steam behemoth at this point.

I own multiple copies of NWN on CD because of all the different editions that came out.

Yup...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 16, 2016, 12:56 Shineyguy

When I was active duty Army, they gave us shots. We would do some push ups after getting the shot, which would greatly relieve the pain of the shot.

Give it a try.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Server Rental's Criticized
5. Re: Battlefield 1 Server Rental's Criticized Nov 16, 2016, 12:53 Shineyguy

Slick wrote on Nov 16, 2016, 12:39:
I remember in a BF4 match, trying to land a transport chopper on one of the roofs on zavod, and i had too much speed, so the chopper just slid off the roof. I was TRYING to give my wookie teammates a place to snipe from, but no, BAN, with the reason "THE CHOPPER IS NOT A TAXI".

..... But the transport chopper IS a taxi! It's for transporting troops to and from the battle!

7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2016, 11:27 Shineyguy

Already 662,000 over the 1 billion mark. Damn.  

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 7, 2016, 15:43 Shineyguy

Drayth wrote on Nov 7, 2016, 13:32:
FYI - I have the latest drivers with no Geforce Experience and I don't see any of the telemetry stuff running.

Yeah, it's probably GeForce Experience that has the telemetry, not the drivers.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2016, 14:15 Shineyguy

Sad to hear about Dennis Byrd. I remember getting and keeping his playing card as he had just been injured and briefly paralyzed.  

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Maps and Modes Detailed
19. Re: Battlefield 1 Maps and Modes Detailed Sep 21, 2016, 09:43 Shineyguy

Retired wrote on Sep 21, 2016, 08:08:
Slick wrote on Sep 21, 2016, 07:48:
Anyways, back on track here...

Did anyone else notice that they changed the conquest mode back to kills taking a ticket from the enemy team?

Also they're gimping the armor, and giving support a way to deal with heavy armor.

Sooo basically all the interesting design decisions that I actually enjoyed they're removing.

Just once I'd like to see them actually stick to their guns and release the game THEY designed, not the game designed by the most vocal 1% of users...

I LIKED that vehicles were an actual threat, and that you had to work together as a team to take them down. It was REFRESHING to not have another battlefield where the vehicles weren't just "crawling coffins" or "flying coffins" as my team used to call them...

And The ticket thing, I liked the new system, it made people PTFO, which is getting worse and worse with every wave of players new to the franchise. Oh well, back to everyone running around like chickens with their heads cut off I guess...

But it is a pub game, and just like their Star Wars skin game, no one takes down the walkers - so Rebels always lose. Same way with this BETA. You would get in a tank and go 50-1. That isn't a balanced game.

No, the issue is that your team never worked together to take down a tank. 3 infantry focusing a tank could take one out with great ease and efficiency.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 System Specifications
20. Re: Battlefield 1 System Specifications Sep 20, 2016, 09:47 Shineyguy

Slick wrote on Sep 20, 2016, 06:16:
Suppa7 wrote on Sep 20, 2016, 04:00:
Saboth wrote on Sep 19, 2016, 20:40:
i5 6600K is the minimum? I'm sure processors from 2-3 generations ago will work, but it's unusual to list such a new and higher-end processor as the bare minimum.

PFFT minimum requirements don't mean shit since CPU advancement has slowed to a crawl since around 2006. We've been getting maybe 10% per generation, people who think they would be getting low fps in an i5 2500K are fucking idiots, the new processors will be barely faster than that because most software workloads can't be parallelized. Multi-core can only work on parts of the code that are tractable to being split up and are not interdependent.

yeah.... no

As I already said, friend with 2500k and GTX 1080, software engineer, not a noob, bad framerates in BF1.

As I also already said, this is the first BF game not to be released on PS3, and XB360. This is the first true "current gen" BF game.

And more to your point, the 2500k doesn't have hyper-threading, which is a big deal, That was the 2600k. 4 threads vs 8 is a big deal. Also I've been told from several friend's reports that the performance is fine once you hit the 3770k and up.

And all of this is GREAT NEWS for PC gaming, more games that actually puts some demand on the hardware, we should be rejoicing. Have you ever seen the CPU usage during a BF 64-player CONQ game? all 8 threads are highly active, this is almost completely unheard of with any other AAA game.

Your friend has other shit going on. I have a 2500K at 4.5GHz, game ran perfect, all maxed out except render scale at default. I too have a GTX 1080, and ran the game at 2560x1440.

EDIT: Also, I work on the support side of the I.T. dept. in my company, and all the developers I know are quite "noob" ish when it comes to issues on their computer. They don't know what to do or how to fix it. So being a developer does not necessarily mean anything.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 19, 2016, 16:17 Shineyguy

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Sep 19, 2016, 16:04:
Been having a lot of speed issues when pulling up bluesnews.com for the past 2 days. Anyone else notice general slowness in loading pages here?

Tracert shows the last couple hops sporadically timing out, and when it does ping, it's showing at nearly 300ms (my internet is 80mb down/4mb up):

6 * 270 ms 270 ms 63-218-212-170.static.pccwglobal.net [63.218.212.170]
7 272 ms * * colo-lax6.as8100.net [96.44.180.102]
8 * 268 ms 269 ms server35.bluesnews.com [216.45.58.170]

Just throwing this out here, but the speed of your internet does not directly correlate to ping times to specific servers.

News Comments > Steam VAC Ban Surge
13. Re: Steam VAC Ban Surge Sep 16, 2016, 09:58 Shineyguy

Darks wrote on Sep 16, 2016, 08:29:
Zanthar wrote on Sep 15, 2016, 23:56:
Darks wrote on Sep 15, 2016, 22:56:
Let me just say I have a real hate for this system. I know itís in place for a reason, but the system is broken at the same time.

For instance. I was playing Sword Coast Legends by myself, got about 6 hours into the game, ran into a part where a quest asked me if I wanted to pay for information, it would cost me 1000 gold. I had the around 5K of Gold, so I say yes. Next thing I know the game took all of my gold.

Could not complete the quest because I was now broke. So I used Cheat Engine and gave myself some gold. Next thing I know a few days later I get a VAC ban. I argued and argued, but Valve and their bull shit policies would not hear of it nor will they overturn the ban. Even the developer Ash, who I know personally tried to get this over turned and they would not.

So Ash gave me a new CD key, but I have to use the game if I want to play it MP on my Alt account.

They need to institute a warning system and allow you to at least get warned if you do it again. Just out right banning someone is bullshit. So Valve can fuck themselves when it comes to VAC.

Don't cheat in multiplayer games. I don't care what the reason is. Report the bug. You should have known that they would look for so blatantly obvious like Cheat Engine

Dude, myself and many other had no idea VAC was even in this game. in fact it has no fricking place in the game. VAC is mainly there for competitive games to keep people from cheating in MP games. this game has no pvp so why the fuck is in this game??

And yes, the VAC ban is for life on that game. Another fucking reason VAC is bullshit and not balanced. And BTW, your comment to report the bug was reported by many. Guess what? the bug is still there and hasn't been fixed, nor will it ever be fixed. You your logic is flawed, and I never count of Developers to fix things. And this is a perfect example of why.

And yet, you say you personally know the developer, Ash, and he can't fix his own game?

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Free DLC
14. Re: Battlefield 4 Free DLC Sep 15, 2016, 09:15 Shineyguy

Redmask wrote on Sep 15, 2016, 07:30:
This kind of thing just makes it less likely I would buy their DLC in the future. Glad I didn't get the season pass.

Which you could say with some authority sure. Until you realize that the game is 3 years old now, so it makes sense in order to boost player numbers a bit and bring the community back together.

News Comments > Dying Light Stats & Weekend Boost
1. Re: Dying Light Stats & Weekend Boost Sep 14, 2016, 09:15 Shineyguy

Now this sounds interesting. May have to reinstall the game for this weekend.  

605 Comments. 31 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo