Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Russ

Real Name Russ   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Shineyguy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description YES I misspell my nickname intentionally!
Oh, and why are you wasting your time coming here to look at what I've written anyway?? Shoo! SHOO!!
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 28, 2005, 08:01
Total Comments 623 (Apprentice)
User ID 23706

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Crisis Action VR Early Access
10. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Jul 25, 2017, 16:51 Shineyguy

Luke wrote on Jul 25, 2017, 15:34:
As always let's pump this hardware out there will always be someone thinking its the comming of Christ....people never learn

FWIW, VR is quite frankly fucking amazing.

Spend the $400 and get the Rift package if you have the rest of the computing hardware to back it up.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Into the Black Jul 20, 2017, 22:34 Shineyguy

Sucks, I liked his singing and the music he's made. Had 6 kids too.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
6. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Jul 19, 2017, 16:26 Shineyguy

jdreyer wrote on Jul 19, 2017, 13:25:
Shineyguy wrote on Jul 19, 2017, 09:25:
UttiniDaKilrJawa wrote on Jul 18, 2017, 21:31:
Nothing quite like crying how competition is essential for a healthy economy because a new competitor is showing up in the market.

You know, it's funny. Despite the Whole Foods in the area, the Stop and Shop, Trader Joe's, Best Market, Big Y, Wal-Mart and other supermarkets still do just fine.

Crying for cryings' sake?

While I oppose consolidation like this reflexively, this is a lot better than the Comcast deal.

I agree. I mean, yeah seeing Amazon buying up a lot of smaller companies and offering their services through their web store does seem a little slimy most of the time, I can understand them buying up a brick and mortar chain in order to expand their food line they've been trying to bust into.

It won't stop the other chains that exist from continuing to do so. Mom and Pops get bought up and integrated or go under all the time, nature of capitalism. If they truly are worried about this then they need to try to do something to differentiate themselves from their local masses and make sure that they're wanted and patronized in their areas.

4. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Jul 19, 2017, 09:25 Shineyguy

UttiniDaKilrJawa wrote on Jul 18, 2017, 21:31:
Nothing quite like crying how competition is essential for a healthy economy because a new competitor is showing up in the market.

You know, it's funny. Despite the Whole Foods in the area, the Stop and Shop, Trader Joe's, Best Market, Big Y, Wal-Mart and other supermarkets still do just fine.

Crying for cryings' sake?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Jul 17, 2017, 09:19 Shineyguy

Kxmode wrote on Jul 16, 2017, 23:44:
Mass Effect Andromeda, 10-hour trial, is not 10 hours. It's up to 10 hours or until you reach the door in the lake on Eos. I got this lovely message telling me to buy the game to continue the adventure even though I had 4 hours remaining. EA shenanigans strike again.

You do know you can play as much MP as you want, no limits up to those 10 hours too, right?

4. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Jun 22, 2017, 12:09 Shineyguy

I still play the OG Doom quite regularly online.

ZDaemon is a great thing to have.

News Comments > No Recoil for Destiny 2 Guns on PC?
11. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Jun 22, 2017, 12:07 Shineyguy

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 22, 2017, 10:42:
How can you NOT make coke jokes when a total clown like that Noseworthy fella is the fookin' lead designer of a multi hundred million dollar franchise?? Honestly, that is the dumbest fucking shit I have read in a very long time. The guy doesn't even have the April 1st excuse, nothing.
What a completely retarded design direction... as if recoil on the PC had never been done well in a believable fashion. Incredible.

Damn man, you've been on a rampage while posting lately. Who peed in your Cheerios?

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Thursday
20. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Jun 21, 2017, 09:12 Shineyguy

Jerykk wrote on Jun 21, 2017, 04:58:
Retired wrote on Jun 21, 2017, 04:01:
The Half Elf wrote on Jun 20, 2017, 21:46:
Without the flash sales, the "Sales" are worthless anymore.

Flash sales were a gimmick. The publisher tells Steam what they will offer their games at. I prefer the new model - just tell me the lowest price you offer the whole week.

Except the size of the discount is directly correlated with its duration. The longer it's available, the weaker the discount. That's how sales work. A discount that's only available for 6 hours is going to be far better than a discount that's available for two weeks. That's why flash sales were good and why recent Steam sales have been so underwhelming.

On a side note, Cdkeys.com is a reliable source of good discounts on newer games. You can currently get DOOM for $13 and Prey for $34. Some people consider the site to be "gray market" but I've never had any issues with it.

That's great, but most of the time unless the developer/publisher is putting up the game on that site, neither is seeing any of your money.

Basically, it's as good as pirating at that point.

8. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Apr 5, 2017, 16:02 Shineyguy

Holy crap, slower traffic keep right. I remember watching that video maybe 10 years ago. Looks like someone reposted it as new.

News Comments > Mad Catz Closed
15. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Apr 1, 2017, 00:54 Shineyguy

Loved my R.A.T.7 while I was using it. In fact I JUST bought a RAT8 to replace it.

Guess I won't be getting any more of them. Hope they last me. Shit, they should I only replaced the R.A.T.7 because the thumb pad was getting a little loose. Thing still works perfectly OK.

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Plans
21. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Mar 30, 2017, 14:41 Shineyguy

Task wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 11:17:
So they break their silence huh.

Since I played me1-3 for the star trekness and dialogue, Andromeda is looking like a hard pass since I don't play me games for the combat Alone.

Better luck next time Bioware Montreal C Team.

Exploration of the planets in this game is fantastic IMO.

News Comments > GOG Galaxy Leaves Beta
2. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Mar 22, 2017, 10:08 Shineyguy

Primalchrome wrote on Mar 22, 2017, 09:40:
Glad to see this product progressing. I detest Origins and Uplay and would love to see a gaming client developed to give Steam a decent run for it's money. Not that I have major issues with Steam, but they need some competition in the marketplace to force them to update the client in terms of functionality and efficiency.

Just out of curiosity, what are your issues with Origin and Uplay? While I don't like DRM just as much as the next guy, both apps work well for me, and haven't given me much in the way of issues (well, besides the typical launch day instability of Origin.)

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Mar 7, 2017, 13:45 Shineyguy

I used to have this MS Wireless keyboard/mouse combo. Was a little weird at first but I liked it while I had it.

https://pdxpcparts.wordpress.com/tag/microsoft-wireless-keyboard/

News Comments > LG VR HMD Specs
19. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Mar 2, 2017, 09:21 Shineyguy

Slick wrote on Mar 2, 2017, 05:35:
I feel the same way towards HDR technology on TVs (and soon monitors, and as of a week ago, smartphones). It's not a gimmick, very impressive, but there's almost no content for either.

Good thing Mass Effect Andromeda drops in a couple weeks with HDR capability baked in.

News Comments > NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti Confirmed?
17. Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti Confirmed? Feb 19, 2017, 22:43 Shineyguy

Slick wrote on Feb 19, 2017, 19:02:
Rigs wrote on Feb 19, 2017, 18:36:
Slick wrote on Feb 19, 2017, 18:28:
Xero wrote on Feb 19, 2017, 18:23:
Confirm anything!!! I just want some price drops already on the 1070!

If the leaks are to be believed, the 2070 is going to launch soon at a lower price than the 1070, with slightly better performance.

That sounds a little...stupid...to me. Why/How would the 2070 be faster and cost less?

=-Rigs-=

It's a refresh gen, same like what they did with the... was it the 680? It was just a refresh of the 580? And that was also spun into the 770, so the same card essentially appeared in 3 different generations. Each time some very mild optimizations appeared, and the price dropped, but was essentially the same chip.

Supposedly, same shit happening with the 2xxx series. The 3xxx series is their next architecture Volta.

No, 600 series was Kepler, 500 series was Fermi refresh.

700 series was Kepler refresh.

900 series was Maxwell of course

1000 series is Pascal as mentioned.

I wouldn't expect a refreshed Pascal so soon. Volta actually was supposed to be delivered to DoD this quarter, I'm sure consumers won't see it until it's expected to arrive.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 16, 2017, 09:31 Shineyguy

Blue, Salvation Army will probably take most of what you don't want provided it's clean (in the case of clothing) and working (in the case of anything else).

Just throwing out suggestions.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Feb 13, 2017, 15:16 Shineyguy

Prez wrote on Feb 13, 2017, 10:43:
I have a lot of negative things to say about Nintendo because of terrible business decisions but I have to say that this was a pretty awesome thing that they did.

Christ, these sort of stories make me so damn sad (and mad at how fragile life is) but then some random people prove that Humanity is still a thing in this world.

Never-the-less though, the world still is less without Gabe in it.

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Last Stand Details Tomorrow
6. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Last Stand Details Tomorrow Jan 19, 2017, 09:19 Shineyguy

I've been replaying this game with an additional couple of friends. Soooo much better playing it with a group. We're not a full 4 yet, but 3 out of 4 ain't bad.

Can't wait for 1.6. Supposed to be an amazing update.

18. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 18, 2017, 09:40 Shineyguy

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 17, 2017, 20:48:
THANK YOU OBAMA!!! Edward Snowden should have been on that list.

President Obama will be known as one of the greatest Presidents in the history of the United States and drumpf will be nothing but an ugly forgotten footnote.

Realize that this isn't necessarily Obama being a good guy. Julian Assange just recently said he'd turn himself in if Obama pardons Manning...

Chew on that for a bit.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Jan 10, 2017, 14:32 Shineyguy

Creston wrote on Jan 10, 2017, 13:46:
I imagine he's referring to multiplayer not building up your readiness score, or whatever, so you're not stuck getting the shit single player ending unless you do literally every single fetch quest ever imagined in the history of gaming. (Something they later patched out by having the better endings require less "warscore" or whatever inane crap it was called.)

It was one of the worst systems ever implemented in a game. I'm glad to see they finally woke up over there.

I was legitimately pissed when I found out that I HAD to play multiplayer to up that bullshit score on my playthrough. I bought a fucking single player game SO I DIDN'T HAVE TO PLAY THE FUCKING THING ONLINE. Why are you adding online bullshit to my fucking single player game?

WTF?!

623 Comments. 32 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo