Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Russ

Real Name Russ   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Shineyguy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description YES I misspell my nickname intentionally!
Oh, and why are you wasting your time coming here to look at what I've written anyway?? Shoo! SHOO!!
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 28, 2005, 08:01
Total Comments 612 (Apprentice)
User ID 23706

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
20. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Sep 11, 2017, 09:53 Shineyguy

So, from 980Ti to 1080Ti isn't the 50% to 60% improvement I thought it was? I mean, that is definitely within a generation. 780Ti to 980Ti looks a little smaller, maybe 30% to 50%. That's still quite a jump.

But expecting to see 70% generation to generation, especially when core counts are around the same, is pretty insane.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > QUAKE Development History Dispute
2. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Aug 31, 2017, 09:57 Shineyguy

|RaptoR| wrote on Aug 31, 2017, 09:43:
Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

Yeah, you'd think these guys would have been closer knit, but this is entirely not the case. I know there was always strife with Romero, but it looks like it was a place where they all butted heads back in the day.

News Comments > Bethesda Reveals VR Release Dates
15. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Aug 23, 2017, 16:34 Shineyguy

HoSpanky wrote on Aug 23, 2017, 13:16:
Gib007 wrote on Aug 23, 2017, 12:39:
"No PC version of Skyrim VR is planned"

Why the hell not!? I don't understand that.
Also, I KINDA hope they have hardware blocks for people using Rifts. So tired of Rift users defending the Oculus store's hardware exclusivity, maybe they'll understand the annoyance Vive users feel with the Bethesda releases.

So you're a fan of segmenting the VR space more then? That's hardly a good thing for anyone that owns any kind of VR headset.

News Comments > Crackdown 3 Delayed
9. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Aug 17, 2017, 14:16 Shineyguy

El Pit wrote on Aug 17, 2017, 14:03:
Darks wrote on Aug 17, 2017, 13:01:
It is, and its also a bullshit plot by M$ to try and force people over to Win 10. And no, I wont buy into the fact that they say DX 12 would not work on Win 7. That's bullshit.

And it was bullshit, too, when they said that the new DirectX would be limited to a new OS and would not work on XP, then Vista, now 7? More than a decade of making people buy their new product - EVIL. No other company has ever done this before! Oh, wait...

Yeah, much ado about nothing.

Look, they can make DX12 work for earlier versions of windows, but there's many reasons not to.

They offered Win10 for free for a year, if you didn't jump on it, your loss (though you can STILL get it if you do a couple things).

Don't want to spend the effort or resources to make it work on an OS older than Windows 10. Solid business case for that for them.

Making the game for DX12 is much cheaper for the dev than if they were supporting other APIs, that's the truth of this. Well that and MS money for the game.

News Comments > Crackdown 3 Delayed
3. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Aug 17, 2017, 11:28 Shineyguy

Darks wrote on Aug 17, 2017, 10:51:
No great loss, win 10 only = avoid!

It's likely it's a DX12 title, which means Win10 only. Gears is this way too I believe.

It being a second party title I'm not really all that surprised. Regardless I'm all in on getting it for PC.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Aug 17, 2017, 11:27 Shineyguy

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 17, 2017, 10:53:
Acleacius wrote on Aug 17, 2017, 09:52:
Pretty cool posse you got there!

INdeed

That Shkreli jury selection is one hell of a funny read, like seriously, why even ask for a jury decision? That's incredibly foolish. I mean fucking hells, I heard of him and I hate the guy and I am not even American! I wouldn't want me on the Jury either.. to be honest. Never could I be impartial in the face of such literal exemplified corporate greed

That jury selection sure did read like a shit show, huh?

News Comments > AMD Vega Graphics Cards and New CPUs Revealed
2. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Jul 31, 2017, 11:01 Shineyguy

Wallshadows wrote on Jul 31, 2017, 10:41:
Vega also doubles as a space heater.

Yeah, 350W TDP to compete with a 185W TDP card is just nuts.

News Comments > Crisis Action VR Early Access
16. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Jul 26, 2017, 00:31 Shineyguy

Can confirm, RecRoom is great. That Quest game is quite fun.  

12. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Jul 25, 2017, 22:40 Shineyguy

You need to adjust the headset properly. The weight of the unit should be on the top strap on top of your head.

Make sure that the "triangle" formed by the straps straddles over the point in the back of your head; the bottom of the side straps should sit near the base of your skull where it meets your neck. That should take the pressure off your face.

10. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Jul 25, 2017, 16:51 Shineyguy

Luke wrote on Jul 25, 2017, 15:34:
As always let's pump this hardware out there will always be someone thinking its the comming of Christ....people never learn

FWIW, VR is quite frankly fucking amazing.

Spend the $400 and get the Rift package if you have the rest of the computing hardware to back it up.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Into the Black Jul 20, 2017, 22:34 Shineyguy

Sucks, I liked his singing and the music he's made. Had 6 kids too.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
6. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Jul 19, 2017, 16:26 Shineyguy

jdreyer wrote on Jul 19, 2017, 13:25:
Shineyguy wrote on Jul 19, 2017, 09:25:
UttiniDaKilrJawa wrote on Jul 18, 2017, 21:31:
Nothing quite like crying how competition is essential for a healthy economy because a new competitor is showing up in the market.

You know, it's funny. Despite the Whole Foods in the area, the Stop and Shop, Trader Joe's, Best Market, Big Y, Wal-Mart and other supermarkets still do just fine.

Crying for cryings' sake?

While I oppose consolidation like this reflexively, this is a lot better than the Comcast deal.

I agree. I mean, yeah seeing Amazon buying up a lot of smaller companies and offering their services through their web store does seem a little slimy most of the time, I can understand them buying up a brick and mortar chain in order to expand their food line they've been trying to bust into.

It won't stop the other chains that exist from continuing to do so. Mom and Pops get bought up and integrated or go under all the time, nature of capitalism. If they truly are worried about this then they need to try to do something to differentiate themselves from their local masses and make sure that they're wanted and patronized in their areas.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Jul 19, 2017, 09:25 Shineyguy

UttiniDaKilrJawa wrote on Jul 18, 2017, 21:31:
Nothing quite like crying how competition is essential for a healthy economy because a new competitor is showing up in the market.

You know, it's funny. Despite the Whole Foods in the area, the Stop and Shop, Trader Joe's, Best Market, Big Y, Wal-Mart and other supermarkets still do just fine.

Crying for cryings' sake?

18. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Jul 17, 2017, 09:19 Shineyguy

Kxmode wrote on Jul 16, 2017, 23:44:
Mass Effect Andromeda, 10-hour trial, is not 10 hours. It's up to 10 hours or until you reach the door in the lake on Eos. I got this lovely message telling me to buy the game to continue the adventure even though I had 4 hours remaining. EA shenanigans strike again.

You do know you can play as much MP as you want, no limits up to those 10 hours too, right?

4. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Jun 22, 2017, 12:09 Shineyguy

I still play the OG Doom quite regularly online.

ZDaemon is a great thing to have.

News Comments > No Recoil for Destiny 2 Guns on PC?
11. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Jun 22, 2017, 12:07 Shineyguy

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 22, 2017, 10:42:
How can you NOT make coke jokes when a total clown like that Noseworthy fella is the fookin' lead designer of a multi hundred million dollar franchise?? Honestly, that is the dumbest fucking shit I have read in a very long time. The guy doesn't even have the April 1st excuse, nothing.
What a completely retarded design direction... as if recoil on the PC had never been done well in a believable fashion. Incredible.

Damn man, you've been on a rampage while posting lately. Who peed in your Cheerios?

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Thursday
20. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Jun 21, 2017, 09:12 Shineyguy

Jerykk wrote on Jun 21, 2017, 04:58:
Retired wrote on Jun 21, 2017, 04:01:
The Half Elf wrote on Jun 20, 2017, 21:46:
Without the flash sales, the "Sales" are worthless anymore.

Flash sales were a gimmick. The publisher tells Steam what they will offer their games at. I prefer the new model - just tell me the lowest price you offer the whole week.

Except the size of the discount is directly correlated with its duration. The longer it's available, the weaker the discount. That's how sales work. A discount that's only available for 6 hours is going to be far better than a discount that's available for two weeks. That's why flash sales were good and why recent Steam sales have been so underwhelming.

On a side note, Cdkeys.com is a reliable source of good discounts on newer games. You can currently get DOOM for $13 and Prey for $34. Some people consider the site to be "gray market" but I've never had any issues with it.

That's great, but most of the time unless the developer/publisher is putting up the game on that site, neither is seeing any of your money.

Basically, it's as good as pirating at that point.

8. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Apr 5, 2017, 16:02 Shineyguy

Holy crap, slower traffic keep right. I remember watching that video maybe 10 years ago. Looks like someone reposted it as new.

News Comments > Mad Catz Closed
15. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Apr 1, 2017, 00:54 Shineyguy

Loved my R.A.T.7 while I was using it. In fact I JUST bought a RAT8 to replace it.

Guess I won't be getting any more of them. Hope they last me. Shit, they should I only replaced the R.A.T.7 because the thumb pad was getting a little loose. Thing still works perfectly OK.

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Plans
21. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Mar 30, 2017, 14:41 Shineyguy

Task wrote on Mar 30, 2017, 11:17:
So they break their silence huh.

Since I played me1-3 for the star trekness and dialogue, Andromeda is looking like a hard pass since I don't play me games for the combat Alone.

Better luck next time Bioware Montreal C Team.

Exploration of the planets in this game is fantastic IMO.

612 Comments. 31 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo