Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Russ

Real Name Russ   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Shineyguy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description YES I misspell my nickname intentionally!
Oh, and why are you wasting your time coming here to look at what I've written anyway?? Shoo! SHOO!!
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 28, 2005, 08:01
Total Comments 592 (Apprentice)
User ID 23706

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > GOG Galaxy Leaves Beta
2. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Mar 22, 2017, 10:08 Shineyguy

Primalchrome wrote on Mar 22, 2017, 09:40:
Glad to see this product progressing. I detest Origins and Uplay and would love to see a gaming client developed to give Steam a decent run for it's money. Not that I have major issues with Steam, but they need some competition in the marketplace to force them to update the client in terms of functionality and efficiency.

Just out of curiosity, what are your issues with Origin and Uplay? While I don't like DRM just as much as the next guy, both apps work well for me, and haven't given me much in the way of issues (well, besides the typical launch day instability of Origin.)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Mar 7, 2017, 13:45 Shineyguy

I used to have this MS Wireless keyboard/mouse combo. Was a little weird at first but I liked it while I had it.

https://pdxpcparts.wordpress.com/tag/microsoft-wireless-keyboard/

News Comments > LG VR HMD Specs
19. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Mar 2, 2017, 09:21 Shineyguy

Slick wrote on Mar 2, 2017, 05:35:
I feel the same way towards HDR technology on TVs (and soon monitors, and as of a week ago, smartphones). It's not a gimmick, very impressive, but there's almost no content for either.

Good thing Mass Effect Andromeda drops in a couple weeks with HDR capability baked in.

News Comments > NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti Confirmed?
17. Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti Confirmed? Feb 19, 2017, 22:43 Shineyguy

Slick wrote on Feb 19, 2017, 19:02:
Rigs wrote on Feb 19, 2017, 18:36:
Slick wrote on Feb 19, 2017, 18:28:
Xero wrote on Feb 19, 2017, 18:23:
Confirm anything!!! I just want some price drops already on the 1070!

If the leaks are to be believed, the 2070 is going to launch soon at a lower price than the 1070, with slightly better performance.

That sounds a little...stupid...to me. Why/How would the 2070 be faster and cost less?

=-Rigs-=

It's a refresh gen, same like what they did with the... was it the 680? It was just a refresh of the 580? And that was also spun into the 770, so the same card essentially appeared in 3 different generations. Each time some very mild optimizations appeared, and the price dropped, but was essentially the same chip.

Supposedly, same shit happening with the 2xxx series. The 3xxx series is their next architecture Volta.

No, 600 series was Kepler, 500 series was Fermi refresh.

700 series was Kepler refresh.

900 series was Maxwell of course

1000 series is Pascal as mentioned.

I wouldn't expect a refreshed Pascal so soon. Volta actually was supposed to be delivered to DoD this quarter, I'm sure consumers won't see it until it's expected to arrive.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 16, 2017, 09:31 Shineyguy

Blue, Salvation Army will probably take most of what you don't want provided it's clean (in the case of clothing) and working (in the case of anything else).

Just throwing out suggestions.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Feb 13, 2017, 15:16 Shineyguy

Prez wrote on Feb 13, 2017, 10:43:
I have a lot of negative things to say about Nintendo because of terrible business decisions but I have to say that this was a pretty awesome thing that they did.

Christ, these sort of stories make me so damn sad (and mad at how fragile life is) but then some random people prove that Humanity is still a thing in this world.

Never-the-less though, the world still is less without Gabe in it.

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Last Stand Details Tomorrow
6. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Last Stand Details Tomorrow Jan 19, 2017, 09:19 Shineyguy

I've been replaying this game with an additional couple of friends. Soooo much better playing it with a group. We're not a full 4 yet, but 3 out of 4 ain't bad.

Can't wait for 1.6. Supposed to be an amazing update.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
18. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 18, 2017, 09:40 Shineyguy

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 17, 2017, 20:48:
THANK YOU OBAMA!!! Edward Snowden should have been on that list.

President Obama will be known as one of the greatest Presidents in the history of the United States and drumpf will be nothing but an ugly forgotten footnote.

Realize that this isn't necessarily Obama being a good guy. Julian Assange just recently said he'd turn himself in if Obama pardons Manning...

Chew on that for a bit.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Jan 10, 2017, 14:32 Shineyguy

Creston wrote on Jan 10, 2017, 13:46:
I imagine he's referring to multiplayer not building up your readiness score, or whatever, so you're not stuck getting the shit single player ending unless you do literally every single fetch quest ever imagined in the history of gaming. (Something they later patched out by having the better endings require less "warscore" or whatever inane crap it was called.)

It was one of the worst systems ever implemented in a game. I'm glad to see they finally woke up over there.

I was legitimately pissed when I found out that I HAD to play multiplayer to up that bullshit score on my playthrough. I bought a fucking single player game SO I DIDN'T HAVE TO PLAY THE FUCKING THING ONLINE. Why are you adding online bullshit to my fucking single player game?

WTF?!

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 9, 2017, 09:48 Shineyguy

The next version of Windows Update will let you opt out of new drivers.

Thank god. I just reinstalled windows on my machine, and trying to make sure that the only drivers that ever were installed for my video card were a specific set (I didn't want the latest nVidia drivers because there's issues with that set, I had a specific known good set of drivers to use) was a bear. I don't think I ever got my video drivers installed before Windows decided to do it.

News Comments > Forza Horizon 3 Patch Glitch
5. Re: Forza Horizon 3 Patch Glitch Jan 6, 2017, 09:27 Shineyguy

Avus wrote on Jan 5, 2017, 19:09:
M$ Windows Store is still at least a generation behind as a game client compare to Steam, Origin or even Uplay....

Which follows, as Steam is 13 years old now..

News Comments > Mass Effect Andromeda Trailer Next Week
4. Re: Mass Effect Andromeda Trailer Next Week Dec 30, 2016, 13:39 Shineyguy

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 30, 2016, 12:44:
So Nvidia is pimping ME Andromeda, even though the whole HDR thing for consoles runs ATI.

*is confuzzled*

Unless it's also coming to Nintendo's new system as well..

News Comments > Ubisoft Giveaway Second Chance
14. Re: Ubisoft Giveaway Second Chance Dec 16, 2016, 09:47 Shineyguy

Compared to the other platforms, UPlay is actually pretty subdued. Not in your face at all, and it works well for me. Also mostly easy to figure out what is going on.  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
6. Re: Evening Interviews Dec 13, 2016, 09:48 Shineyguy

Single player more than made up for the $60 price tag of the game.  

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 5, 2016, 14:41 Shineyguy

Ugh, such click bait on that 7700k "article"

The 7700k was tested at LESS THAN 1% slower than the 6700k clock for clock. Thus meaning that it's within the natural variance. So it's the same speed clock per clock as the 6700k.

Which is what Intel was saying all along.

News Comments > GOG.Com Winter Sale Includes Free NWN; Steam Sale Dated
10. Re: GOG.Com Winter Sale Includes Free NWN; Steam Sale Dated Dec 1, 2016, 15:39 Shineyguy

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 1, 2016, 12:30:
Cool, very classy, CDProjekt Red.

I own NWN and NWN2(with all expansions) on disc... they were that old.

This is a very nice move for the old schoolers.

My Gog catalog is starting to rival my Steam behemoth at this point.

I own multiple copies of NWN on CD because of all the different editions that came out.

Yup...

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 16, 2016, 12:56 Shineyguy

When I was active duty Army, they gave us shots. We would do some push ups after getting the shot, which would greatly relieve the pain of the shot.

Give it a try.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Server Rental's Criticized
5. Re: Battlefield 1 Server Rental's Criticized Nov 16, 2016, 12:53 Shineyguy

Slick wrote on Nov 16, 2016, 12:39:
I remember in a BF4 match, trying to land a transport chopper on one of the roofs on zavod, and i had too much speed, so the chopper just slid off the roof. I was TRYING to give my wookie teammates a place to snipe from, but no, BAN, with the reason "THE CHOPPER IS NOT A TAXI".

..... But the transport chopper IS a taxi! It's for transporting troops to and from the battle!

7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2016, 11:27 Shineyguy

Already 662,000 over the 1 billion mark. Damn.  

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 7, 2016, 15:43 Shineyguy

Drayth wrote on Nov 7, 2016, 13:32:
FYI - I have the latest drivers with no Geforce Experience and I don't see any of the telemetry stuff running.

Yeah, it's probably GeForce Experience that has the telemetry, not the drivers.

592 Comments. 30 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo