Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Russ

Real Name Russ   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Shineyguy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description YES I misspell my nickname intentionally!
Oh, and why are you wasting your time coming here to look at what I've written anyway?? Shoo! SHOO!!
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 28, 2005, 08:01
Total Comments 623 (Apprentice)
User ID 23706

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Nov 20, 2017, 15:39 Shineyguy

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 11:07:
You just gotta love Torvalds.

He's not wrong either. Sometimes his lack of filter works just as much as it should.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Nov 6, 2017, 17:04 Shineyguy

??

Many titles will have 4K support out of the gate (Forza 7 among many others) + HDR, 4k BluRay playback, etc... Not sure what the problem is?

News Comments > Mac Overwatch Follow-up
4. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Nov 6, 2017, 16:58 Shineyguy

Does Blizzard have a Battle.net launcher on Mac? If not this would be my guess.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: My two-year old hammers... Oct 17, 2017, 13:10 Shineyguy

That little kid knows what's up..  

News Comments > Star Wars: Battlefront II Beta Extended
10. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Oct 10, 2017, 15:32 Shineyguy

I'm a long time Battlefield player. Battlefront (2015) and Battlefront II (2017) are so dumbed down that it's laughable.

BF2015 had, maybe, 10 hours of play in it, only had 4 maps, and two game modes. Limited character selection, and these "cards" that you used to customize your character in two or 4 different ways.

Also, add that you can only pair up with a friend, no parties beyond 2 people (which is, maybe, 4? now?) means that it was next to impossible to get into a game with more friends. I regularly play with at least 5 more people, upwards of 10 so that makes this game untenable in terms of group play.

No server browser.

Overall, there just isn't much variety to the gameplay like there is in Battlefield. Battlefront SHOULD be just a Star Wars Battlefield, if it were it would be so much better. But instead we keep getting this watered down shit.

News Comments > Star Wars: Battlefront II Beta Extended
1. Re: Star Wars: Battlefront II Beta Extended Oct 10, 2017, 09:51 Shineyguy

Cancelled my pre-order.

I'm pretty much fanboy anything for a Star Wars game, but after the disappointment with the first, and playing the beta here of the second, I can't recommend this game to any of my friends.

News Comments > Project CARS 2 Starts Its Engines
4. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Sep 22, 2017, 16:17 Shineyguy

I really want to know how this is, as I would like to pick it up and play it with my Rift.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Sep 22, 2017, 16:16 Shineyguy

yonder wrote on Sep 22, 2017, 12:21:
Shineyguy wrote on Sep 22, 2017, 10:16:
Only using 1 or 2 CPU cores in this day and age is a terrible decision.

Allowing the game to be at least as good on PC as it is on XBone is a terrible decision... for MS.

Which is funny. I bought FH3 after all the issues on PC were sorted out, and I really enjoyed the game, both on my XBox and on my PC. Just confusing as to why FM7 wasn't coded with all the effort that was already put into FH3 applied to this new game.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Sep 22, 2017, 10:16 Shineyguy

Only using 1 or 2 CPU cores in this day and age is a terrible decision.  

News Comments > PUBG vs Fortnite
2. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Sep 22, 2017, 10:14 Shineyguy

And H1Z1 wouldn't be in existence without DayZ, Daybreak.

So what? Hardly an entirely new concept anyway.

News Comments > Forza Motorsport 7 Win10 Demo
9. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Sep 20, 2017, 09:27 Shineyguy

HoSpanky wrote on Sep 19, 2017, 23:19:
Evil Timmy wrote on Sep 19, 2017, 21:17:
Starts in windowed 720p then jumps to 4k when fullscreened, all on a 2560x1600 monitor. Runs like garbage, with massive interface pauses and hitching throughout, on a factory-OC 1080 and NVMe SSD, yet Forza 6 ran nearly flawlessly. Pretty when it's not awful, but 22GB, really?

If you've turned off Framerate Smoothing in the settings, that could be the cause of the hitching. In FH3, it's a stutterfest if you don't have that turned on. I'm not a fan of the Forza Motorsport series, but OH BOY do I love Forza Horizon.

I'm assuming you have at least a 4-core processor, as you didn't list it. If you're on a dual core, it's gonna struggle. FH3 puts a processor thru the wringer, but it IS open world, so it may have higher demands.

I have FH3, mostly maxed out, no framerate smoothing on.

No hitching for me.

Though I'm well over minimum spec, and I also have g-sync.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
20. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Sep 11, 2017, 09:53 Shineyguy

So, from 980Ti to 1080Ti isn't the 50% to 60% improvement I thought it was? I mean, that is definitely within a generation. 780Ti to 980Ti looks a little smaller, maybe 30% to 50%. That's still quite a jump.

But expecting to see 70% generation to generation, especially when core counts are around the same, is pretty insane.

News Comments > QUAKE Development History Dispute
2. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Aug 31, 2017, 09:57 Shineyguy

|RaptoR| wrote on Aug 31, 2017, 09:43:
Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

Yeah, you'd think these guys would have been closer knit, but this is entirely not the case. I know there was always strife with Romero, but it looks like it was a place where they all butted heads back in the day.

News Comments > Bethesda Reveals VR Release Dates
15. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Aug 23, 2017, 16:34 Shineyguy

HoSpanky wrote on Aug 23, 2017, 13:16:
Gib007 wrote on Aug 23, 2017, 12:39:
"No PC version of Skyrim VR is planned"

Why the hell not!? I don't understand that.
Also, I KINDA hope they have hardware blocks for people using Rifts. So tired of Rift users defending the Oculus store's hardware exclusivity, maybe they'll understand the annoyance Vive users feel with the Bethesda releases.

So you're a fan of segmenting the VR space more then? That's hardly a good thing for anyone that owns any kind of VR headset.

News Comments > Crackdown 3 Delayed
9. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Aug 17, 2017, 14:16 Shineyguy

El Pit wrote on Aug 17, 2017, 14:03:
Darks wrote on Aug 17, 2017, 13:01:
It is, and its also a bullshit plot by M$ to try and force people over to Win 10. And no, I wont buy into the fact that they say DX 12 would not work on Win 7. That's bullshit.

And it was bullshit, too, when they said that the new DirectX would be limited to a new OS and would not work on XP, then Vista, now 7? More than a decade of making people buy their new product - EVIL. No other company has ever done this before! Oh, wait...

Yeah, much ado about nothing.

Look, they can make DX12 work for earlier versions of windows, but there's many reasons not to.

They offered Win10 for free for a year, if you didn't jump on it, your loss (though you can STILL get it if you do a couple things).

Don't want to spend the effort or resources to make it work on an OS older than Windows 10. Solid business case for that for them.

Making the game for DX12 is much cheaper for the dev than if they were supporting other APIs, that's the truth of this. Well that and MS money for the game.

News Comments > Crackdown 3 Delayed
3. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Aug 17, 2017, 11:28 Shineyguy

Darks wrote on Aug 17, 2017, 10:51:
No great loss, win 10 only = avoid!

It's likely it's a DX12 title, which means Win10 only. Gears is this way too I believe.

It being a second party title I'm not really all that surprised. Regardless I'm all in on getting it for PC.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Aug 17, 2017, 11:27 Shineyguy

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 17, 2017, 10:53:
Acleacius wrote on Aug 17, 2017, 09:52:
Pretty cool posse you got there!

INdeed

That Shkreli jury selection is one hell of a funny read, like seriously, why even ask for a jury decision? That's incredibly foolish. I mean fucking hells, I heard of him and I hate the guy and I am not even American! I wouldn't want me on the Jury either.. to be honest. Never could I be impartial in the face of such literal exemplified corporate greed

That jury selection sure did read like a shit show, huh?

News Comments > AMD Vega Graphics Cards and New CPUs Revealed
2. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Jul 31, 2017, 11:01 Shineyguy

Wallshadows wrote on Jul 31, 2017, 10:41:
Vega also doubles as a space heater.

Yeah, 350W TDP to compete with a 185W TDP card is just nuts.

News Comments > Crisis Action VR Early Access
16. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Jul 26, 2017, 00:31 Shineyguy

Can confirm, RecRoom is great. That Quest game is quite fun.  

News Comments > Crisis Action VR Early Access
12. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Jul 25, 2017, 22:40 Shineyguy

You need to adjust the headset properly. The weight of the unit should be on the top strap on top of your head.

Make sure that the "triangle" formed by the straps straddles over the point in the back of your head; the bottom of the side straps should sit near the base of your skull where it meets your neck. That should take the pressure off your face.

623 Comments. 32 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo