Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Russ

Real Name Russ   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Shineyguy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description YES I misspell my nickname intentionally!
Oh, and why are you wasting your time coming here to look at what I've written anyway?? Shoo! SHOO!!
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 28, 2005, 08:01
Total Comments 629 (Apprentice)
User ID 23706

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > R.I. Proposes Violent Game Tax
14. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Feb 21, 2018, 22:53 Shineyguy

Wallshadows wrote on Feb 21, 2018, 22:08:
What ever happened to Jack Thomson anyway?

He was disbarred.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > THQ Nordic Buying Koch Media
6. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Feb 14, 2018, 11:33 Shineyguy

I was wondering what had happened to Novalogic recently after buying all the Delta Force games on GoG.com. Those games bring me back, fond memories of playing DF1 and 2 online and wrecking house with the M249 at long range.  

News Comments > Anthem Delayed?
10. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Jan 25, 2018, 09:43 Shineyguy

NKD wrote on Jan 24, 2018, 20:57:
Wallshadows wrote on Jan 24, 2018, 20:38:
NKD wrote on Jan 24, 2018, 20:26:
I wonder if Bioware goes under if Anthem flops?

After Andromeda I'm almost willing to say yes.

They basically doomed Andromeda to mediocrity (at best) when they poached all their best guys for Anthem... so if they fail to get big success out of this one it's really hard to see how EA can justify keeping them open.

And despite all that, I still enjoyed Andromeda. I'm still bummed that it went the way that it did.

News Comments > Mad Catz is Back
19. Re: Mad Catz is Back Jan 5, 2018, 09:48 Shineyguy

Rhett wrote on Jan 4, 2018, 11:18:
I hope they have some reasonable mouse designs then, because this mouse series is fucking atrocious.

What, you mean the RAT8, which was based on the R.A.T.7 and was the most customizeable mouse on the market at the time and could be made to be absolutely comfortable for ANY user?

Yeah, atrocious.

I have a R.A.T.7 that I replaced with a RAT8 only because I wanted to have the newer model with the better sensor. R.A.T.7 still works fine on my TV PC. One of my sons will be using that computer when they get a little older. My RAT8 is great. I bought it a week before Mad Catz closed down, I was a little sad that there wouldn't be a follow up to my favorite mice. Now that they're back there's hope that they'll continue developing these things.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Jan 3, 2018, 13:41 Shineyguy

El Pit wrote on Jan 3, 2018, 12:21:
Verno wrote on Jan 3, 2018, 10:36:
Good riddance Kinect.

Next: VR.

While I'm also sad that Microsoft never properly supported Kinect and backpedaled instead of forging ahead when they should have on it; VR isn't going anywhere.

It's more popular now and has finally hit critical mass now that sales and what not have forced prices down. More and more AAA publishers and developers are producing content for VR, so it's going to be in the forefront from here on out.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Dec 28, 2017, 14:35 Shineyguy

jdreyer wrote on Dec 28, 2017, 12:36:
This is actually the warm part of the cold snap, as it's supposed to even closer to zero degrees next week.

Fahrenheit or celsius? Cuz there's a difference! Elf

0*F. It was 5*F here in central CT when I woke up this morning.

F*ck winter.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Nov 20, 2017, 15:39 Shineyguy

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 11:07:
You just gotta love Torvalds.

He's not wrong either. Sometimes his lack of filter works just as much as it should.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Nov 6, 2017, 17:04 Shineyguy

??

Many titles will have 4K support out of the gate (Forza 7 among many others) + HDR, 4k BluRay playback, etc... Not sure what the problem is?

News Comments > Mac Overwatch Follow-up
4. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Nov 6, 2017, 16:58 Shineyguy

Does Blizzard have a Battle.net launcher on Mac? If not this would be my guess.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: My two-year old hammers... Oct 17, 2017, 13:10 Shineyguy

That little kid knows what's up..  

News Comments > Star Wars: Battlefront II Beta Extended
10. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Oct 10, 2017, 15:32 Shineyguy

I'm a long time Battlefield player. Battlefront (2015) and Battlefront II (2017) are so dumbed down that it's laughable.

BF2015 had, maybe, 10 hours of play in it, only had 4 maps, and two game modes. Limited character selection, and these "cards" that you used to customize your character in two or 4 different ways.

Also, add that you can only pair up with a friend, no parties beyond 2 people (which is, maybe, 4? now?) means that it was next to impossible to get into a game with more friends. I regularly play with at least 5 more people, upwards of 10 so that makes this game untenable in terms of group play.

No server browser.

Overall, there just isn't much variety to the gameplay like there is in Battlefield. Battlefront SHOULD be just a Star Wars Battlefield, if it were it would be so much better. But instead we keep getting this watered down shit.

News Comments > Star Wars: Battlefront II Beta Extended
1. Re: Star Wars: Battlefront II Beta Extended Oct 10, 2017, 09:51 Shineyguy

Cancelled my pre-order.

I'm pretty much fanboy anything for a Star Wars game, but after the disappointment with the first, and playing the beta here of the second, I can't recommend this game to any of my friends.

News Comments > Project CARS 2 Starts Its Engines
4. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Sep 22, 2017, 16:17 Shineyguy

I really want to know how this is, as I would like to pick it up and play it with my Rift.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Sep 22, 2017, 16:16 Shineyguy

yonder wrote on Sep 22, 2017, 12:21:
Shineyguy wrote on Sep 22, 2017, 10:16:
Only using 1 or 2 CPU cores in this day and age is a terrible decision.

Allowing the game to be at least as good on PC as it is on XBone is a terrible decision... for MS.

Which is funny. I bought FH3 after all the issues on PC were sorted out, and I really enjoyed the game, both on my XBox and on my PC. Just confusing as to why FM7 wasn't coded with all the effort that was already put into FH3 applied to this new game.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Sep 22, 2017, 10:16 Shineyguy

Only using 1 or 2 CPU cores in this day and age is a terrible decision.  

News Comments > PUBG vs Fortnite
2. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Sep 22, 2017, 10:14 Shineyguy

And H1Z1 wouldn't be in existence without DayZ, Daybreak.

So what? Hardly an entirely new concept anyway.

News Comments > Forza Motorsport 7 Win10 Demo
9. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Sep 20, 2017, 09:27 Shineyguy

HoSpanky wrote on Sep 19, 2017, 23:19:
Evil Timmy wrote on Sep 19, 2017, 21:17:
Starts in windowed 720p then jumps to 4k when fullscreened, all on a 2560x1600 monitor. Runs like garbage, with massive interface pauses and hitching throughout, on a factory-OC 1080 and NVMe SSD, yet Forza 6 ran nearly flawlessly. Pretty when it's not awful, but 22GB, really?

If you've turned off Framerate Smoothing in the settings, that could be the cause of the hitching. In FH3, it's a stutterfest if you don't have that turned on. I'm not a fan of the Forza Motorsport series, but OH BOY do I love Forza Horizon.

I'm assuming you have at least a 4-core processor, as you didn't list it. If you're on a dual core, it's gonna struggle. FH3 puts a processor thru the wringer, but it IS open world, so it may have higher demands.

I have FH3, mostly maxed out, no framerate smoothing on.

No hitching for me.

Though I'm well over minimum spec, and I also have g-sync.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
20. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Sep 11, 2017, 09:53 Shineyguy

So, from 980Ti to 1080Ti isn't the 50% to 60% improvement I thought it was? I mean, that is definitely within a generation. 780Ti to 980Ti looks a little smaller, maybe 30% to 50%. That's still quite a jump.

But expecting to see 70% generation to generation, especially when core counts are around the same, is pretty insane.

News Comments > QUAKE Development History Dispute
2. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Aug 31, 2017, 09:57 Shineyguy

|RaptoR| wrote on Aug 31, 2017, 09:43:
Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

Yeah, you'd think these guys would have been closer knit, but this is entirely not the case. I know there was always strife with Romero, but it looks like it was a place where they all butted heads back in the day.

News Comments > Bethesda Reveals VR Release Dates
15. Re: LG VR HMD Specs Aug 23, 2017, 16:34 Shineyguy

HoSpanky wrote on Aug 23, 2017, 13:16:
Gib007 wrote on Aug 23, 2017, 12:39:
"No PC version of Skyrim VR is planned"

Why the hell not!? I don't understand that.
Also, I KINDA hope they have hardware blocks for people using Rifts. So tired of Rift users defending the Oculus store's hardware exclusivity, maybe they'll understand the annoyance Vive users feel with the Bethesda releases.

So you're a fan of segmenting the VR space more then? That's hardly a good thing for anyone that owns any kind of VR headset.

629 Comments. 32 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo