Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Russ

Real Name Russ   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Shineyguy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description YES I misspell my nickname intentionally!
Oh, and why are you wasting your time coming here to look at what I've written anyway?? Shoo! SHOO!!
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 28, 2005, 08:01
Total Comments 577 (Apprentice)
User ID 23706

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > GOG.Com Winter Sale Includes Free NWN; Steam Sale Dated
10. Re: GOG.Com Winter Sale Includes Free NWN; Steam Sale Dated Dec 1, 2016, 15:39 Shineyguy

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 1, 2016, 12:30:
Cool, very classy, CDProjekt Red.

I own NWN and NWN2(with all expansions) on disc... they were that old.

This is a very nice move for the old schoolers.

My Gog catalog is starting to rival my Steam behemoth at this point.

I own multiple copies of NWN on CD because of all the different editions that came out.

Yup...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 16, 2016, 12:56 Shineyguy

When I was active duty Army, they gave us shots. We would do some push ups after getting the shot, which would greatly relieve the pain of the shot.

Give it a try.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Server Rental's Criticized
5. Re: Battlefield 1 Server Rental's Criticized Nov 16, 2016, 12:53 Shineyguy

Slick wrote on Nov 16, 2016, 12:39:
I remember in a BF4 match, trying to land a transport chopper on one of the roofs on zavod, and i had too much speed, so the chopper just slid off the roof. I was TRYING to give my wookie teammates a place to snipe from, but no, BAN, with the reason "THE CHOPPER IS NOT A TAXI".

..... But the transport chopper IS a taxi! It's for transporting troops to and from the battle!

7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2016, 11:27 Shineyguy

Already 662,000 over the 1 billion mark. Damn.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 7, 2016, 15:43 Shineyguy

Drayth wrote on Nov 7, 2016, 13:32:
FYI - I have the latest drivers with no Geforce Experience and I don't see any of the telemetry stuff running.

Yeah, it's probably GeForce Experience that has the telemetry, not the drivers.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2016, 14:15 Shineyguy

Sad to hear about Dennis Byrd. I remember getting and keeping his playing card as he had just been injured and briefly paralyzed.  

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Maps and Modes Detailed
19. Re: Battlefield 1 Maps and Modes Detailed Sep 21, 2016, 09:43 Shineyguy

Retired wrote on Sep 21, 2016, 08:08:
Slick wrote on Sep 21, 2016, 07:48:
Anyways, back on track here...

Did anyone else notice that they changed the conquest mode back to kills taking a ticket from the enemy team?

Also they're gimping the armor, and giving support a way to deal with heavy armor.

Sooo basically all the interesting design decisions that I actually enjoyed they're removing.

Just once I'd like to see them actually stick to their guns and release the game THEY designed, not the game designed by the most vocal 1% of users...

I LIKED that vehicles were an actual threat, and that you had to work together as a team to take them down. It was REFRESHING to not have another battlefield where the vehicles weren't just "crawling coffins" or "flying coffins" as my team used to call them...

And The ticket thing, I liked the new system, it made people PTFO, which is getting worse and worse with every wave of players new to the franchise. Oh well, back to everyone running around like chickens with their heads cut off I guess...

But it is a pub game, and just like their Star Wars skin game, no one takes down the walkers - so Rebels always lose. Same way with this BETA. You would get in a tank and go 50-1. That isn't a balanced game.

No, the issue is that your team never worked together to take down a tank. 3 infantry focusing a tank could take one out with great ease and efficiency.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 System Specifications
20. Re: Battlefield 1 System Specifications Sep 20, 2016, 09:47 Shineyguy

Slick wrote on Sep 20, 2016, 06:16:
Suppa7 wrote on Sep 20, 2016, 04:00:
Saboth wrote on Sep 19, 2016, 20:40:
i5 6600K is the minimum? I'm sure processors from 2-3 generations ago will work, but it's unusual to list such a new and higher-end processor as the bare minimum.

PFFT minimum requirements don't mean shit since CPU advancement has slowed to a crawl since around 2006. We've been getting maybe 10% per generation, people who think they would be getting low fps in an i5 2500K are fucking idiots, the new processors will be barely faster than that because most software workloads can't be parallelized. Multi-core can only work on parts of the code that are tractable to being split up and are not interdependent.

yeah.... no

As I already said, friend with 2500k and GTX 1080, software engineer, not a noob, bad framerates in BF1.

As I also already said, this is the first BF game not to be released on PS3, and XB360. This is the first true "current gen" BF game.

And more to your point, the 2500k doesn't have hyper-threading, which is a big deal, That was the 2600k. 4 threads vs 8 is a big deal. Also I've been told from several friend's reports that the performance is fine once you hit the 3770k and up.

And all of this is GREAT NEWS for PC gaming, more games that actually puts some demand on the hardware, we should be rejoicing. Have you ever seen the CPU usage during a BF 64-player CONQ game? all 8 threads are highly active, this is almost completely unheard of with any other AAA game.

Your friend has other shit going on. I have a 2500K at 4.5GHz, game ran perfect, all maxed out except render scale at default. I too have a GTX 1080, and ran the game at 2560x1440.

EDIT: Also, I work on the support side of the I.T. dept. in my company, and all the developers I know are quite "noob" ish when it comes to issues on their computer. They don't know what to do or how to fix it. So being a developer does not necessarily mean anything.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 19, 2016, 16:17 Shineyguy

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Sep 19, 2016, 16:04:
Been having a lot of speed issues when pulling up bluesnews.com for the past 2 days. Anyone else notice general slowness in loading pages here?

Tracert shows the last couple hops sporadically timing out, and when it does ping, it's showing at nearly 300ms (my internet is 80mb down/4mb up):

6 * 270 ms 270 ms 63-218-212-170.static.pccwglobal.net [63.218.212.170]
7 272 ms * * colo-lax6.as8100.net [96.44.180.102]
8 * 268 ms 269 ms server35.bluesnews.com [216.45.58.170]

Just throwing this out here, but the speed of your internet does not directly correlate to ping times to specific servers.

News Comments > Steam VAC Ban Surge
13. Re: Steam VAC Ban Surge Sep 16, 2016, 09:58 Shineyguy

Darks wrote on Sep 16, 2016, 08:29:
Zanthar wrote on Sep 15, 2016, 23:56:
Darks wrote on Sep 15, 2016, 22:56:
Let me just say I have a real hate for this system. I know it’s in place for a reason, but the system is broken at the same time.

For instance. I was playing Sword Coast Legends by myself, got about 6 hours into the game, ran into a part where a quest asked me if I wanted to pay for information, it would cost me 1000 gold. I had the around 5K of Gold, so I say yes. Next thing I know the game took all of my gold.

Could not complete the quest because I was now broke. So I used Cheat Engine and gave myself some gold. Next thing I know a few days later I get a VAC ban. I argued and argued, but Valve and their bull shit policies would not hear of it nor will they overturn the ban. Even the developer Ash, who I know personally tried to get this over turned and they would not.

So Ash gave me a new CD key, but I have to use the game if I want to play it MP on my Alt account.

They need to institute a warning system and allow you to at least get warned if you do it again. Just out right banning someone is bullshit. So Valve can fuck themselves when it comes to VAC.

Don't cheat in multiplayer games. I don't care what the reason is. Report the bug. You should have known that they would look for so blatantly obvious like Cheat Engine

Dude, myself and many other had no idea VAC was even in this game. in fact it has no fricking place in the game. VAC is mainly there for competitive games to keep people from cheating in MP games. this game has no pvp so why the fuck is in this game??

And yes, the VAC ban is for life on that game. Another fucking reason VAC is bullshit and not balanced. And BTW, your comment to report the bug was reported by many. Guess what? the bug is still there and hasn't been fixed, nor will it ever be fixed. You your logic is flawed, and I never count of Developers to fix things. And this is a perfect example of why.

And yet, you say you personally know the developer, Ash, and he can't fix his own game?

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Free DLC
14. Re: Battlefield 4 Free DLC Sep 15, 2016, 09:15 Shineyguy

Redmask wrote on Sep 15, 2016, 07:30:
This kind of thing just makes it less likely I would buy their DLC in the future. Glad I didn't get the season pass.

Which you could say with some authority sure. Until you realize that the game is 3 years old now, so it makes sense in order to boost player numbers a bit and bring the community back together.

News Comments > Dying Light Stats & Weekend Boost
1. Re: Dying Light Stats & Weekend Boost Sep 14, 2016, 09:15 Shineyguy

Now this sounds interesting. May have to reinstall the game for this weekend.  

News Comments > Steam Review Changes to Fight Fraud
2. Re: Steam Review Changes to Fight Fraud Sep 13, 2016, 10:17 Shineyguy

The Half Elf wrote on Sep 13, 2016, 10:12:
That's some fucking bullshit on the reviews.

Aye, I'll bet that some of this was in response to Hello Games' No Man's Sky. I bet quite a majority of people bought it from GoG.com and were writing reviews on Steam to stave off some of the people looking to purchase.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Open Beta Ends Thursday
15. Re: Battlefield 1 Open Beta Ends Thursday Sep 6, 2016, 13:55 Shineyguy

Paranoid Jack wrote on Sep 6, 2016, 12:13:
I have thousands of warbonds I don't spend because the stats on the gear I have yet to unlock is lower than what I am using currently.

I wouldn't get too hung up on the stats that are represented by the UI on the weapons. I regularly use the Russian 1895 sniper rifle, and the Automatico M1918, as well as the Benet-Mercie 1909.

I'll switch between the Cei Rigotti Artillery and the M1907 SL Automatic at times.

News Comments > Fallout 4: Nuka-World Released
12. Re: Fallout 4: Nuka-World Released Aug 31, 2016, 09:32 Shineyguy

Hopefully they switch to idTech after Fallout 4. I think that was the plan? That would mean that:

a) game would run better, look better, and be overall less buggy due to engine issues/limitations.

and

b) multiplayer shouldn't be TOO hard to hack in later as the bones for the net code will all still be there.

One can dream on part b).

General Discussion > AnyClip ads on site
1. AnyClip ads on site Aug 29, 2016, 22:44 Shineyguy

Blue, you have a couple ads from "Anyclip" that tank my Firefox performance like crazy. They auto play which is even worse, and since they're muted it took me a minute to find out why I was having such terrible scrolling performance on the main page (I have a 144Hz monitor, so it should be butter smooth). I've tried blocking the ad (and only that ad) using Adblocker Ultimate to no success.

It's now cauiong my browser to not respond often.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 25, 2016, 14:57 Shineyguy

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Aug 25, 2016, 11:52:
That face transplant story is amazing.

Yeah it is, really need the read the article all the way through and see what his face ACTUALLY looks like today, I'd say it was 100% better that in the photo at the head of the article.

EDIT: Also, sorry Blue I accidentally hit report and not reply!!

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: McDonald’s recalls Happy Meal fitness trackers after they injure kids. Aug 25, 2016, 14:38 Shineyguy

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 25, 2016, 10:01:
Going by that logic they should "recall" every single fucking burger because it is an insult to every consumer's intelligence and an injury to the body. Worst food and worst company in the world.
I don't get how retarded you have to be to eat that shit. I mean this ain't the 80s anymore. We now have the internet where you can actually inform yourself about how shitty that stuff is.

I know how shitty it is for me, and I still occasionally visit for a burger or something else.

News Comments > PCIe 4.0 to Deliver More Speed and Power
6. Re: PCIe 4.0 to Deliver More Speed and Power Aug 22, 2016, 09:50 Shineyguy

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 09:47:
Eh, I would never buy a GPU that needs 500W.. I mean for fucks sake, how you gonna COOL that?

AMD is already in the practice of installing liquid cooling on their top end products. I would suspect we'd see more widespread use of it with larger radiators.

News Comments > PCIe 4.0 to Deliver More Speed and Power
4. Re: PCIe 4.0 to Deliver More Speed and Power Aug 22, 2016, 09:42 Shineyguy

Burrito of Peace wrote on Aug 22, 2016, 09:40:
So, there's a couple of things here that I have questions about:

1. Whatever the wattage is (300,400, or 500) is that across the whole bus or per slot? If it's the whole bus, then we'll still be using 8 pin power connectors for video cards when more than one is present in a system.

2. Regardless of whether this is per slot or the entire bus, we're going to need another power connector for the motherboard. As most modern power supplies have several 8 pin connectors available for video cards, it'd make sense to use that form factor for delivering the extra power to the board. Will that be the case or are we going to see yet another pin configuration for a plug?

edit: "The slot"? So does that mean only a single slot will be rather for the higher power bandwidth?

I would hope they'd be using a standard PCI-E 6+2 pin for this. As you said, we already have the power connectors in most cases.

577 Comments. 29 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo