Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Don Smutny

Real Name Don Smutny   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ldonyo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 16, 2005, 21:56
Total Comments 1670 (Pro)
User ID 23662

User comment history
< Newer [ 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ] Older >

News Comments > The Uwe Boll Totally Awesome Videogames Filmmaking Competition
2. Re: The Uwe Boll Totally Awesome Videogames Filmmaking Competition Aug 22, 2009, 11:22 ldonyo

Putting 'Totally Awesome' and 'Uwe Boll' in the same sentence should be a felony. Given the fact that Boll can't make a movie worth watching, how will he be able to pick the better of two trailers? Hell, he could start by following the first bit of 'advice' he gave in that video clip!

Whose definition of 'offensive' are they going to use? Does that mean you can't make a Wolfenstein-inspired trailer because someone will find swastikas offensive? By the same token, that would probably rule out a Left 4 Dead trailer set in the deep South, as well.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Livingstone: Used Games "No Benefit"
7. Re: Livingstone: Used Games Aug 20, 2009, 11:57 ldonyo

Used games have no benefit alright, but only to the publishers of the games. To consumers and retailers, used games have a tremendous benefit! Consumers can trade or sell games they no longer wish to own for games they would like to own. Retailers provide a market for this activity.

What publishers fail to realize is that the used games market provides access to many titles that are no longer available. Used games also provide a less expensive way to "get caught up" with a particular game franchise, especially one with many titles in it.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Aug 19, 2009, 20:25 ldonyo

Why does anyone at Activision let Kotick ever speak to another human being? Kotick makes it sound like Activision thinks EA has the right idea about only releasing tired sequels to ancient franchises. Of course, EA is losing money faster than a drunken sailor in a brothel. Maybe Kotick wants to try that, too.  

News Comments > Interplay Classics on Steam
10. Re: Interplay Classics on Steam Aug 19, 2009, 19:26 ldonyo

I prefer gog.com over Steam for the oldies like Fallout. I prefer not using GoG's installer as I am not a fan of Adobe Air, or much of anything else Adobe for that matter.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
14. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 19, 2009, 13:20 ldonyo

Sony once again shows just how much their customers really mean to them. This is a level of disdain not seen since Sony thought it was okay to install rootkits on PCs via music CDs.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Aug 18, 2009, 23:16 ldonyo

And EA knows a monster when they see one, because they look in the mirror every day.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 18, 2009, 23:14 ldonyo

Is Sony planning on a serious price reduction, then, because that's what it would take to get people to buy their hardware. Well, that and games worth playing.  

News Comments > Tripwire Publishing Killing Floor in NA
1. Re: Tripwire Publishing Killing Floor in NA Aug 18, 2009, 23:12 ldonyo

For that price I might give this one a shot. At least they aren't trying to be like Activision and price themselves out of the market.  

News Comments > On Modern Warfare 2 Pricing
16. Re: On Modern Warfare 2 Pricing Aug 18, 2009, 23:10 ldonyo

That's just crap and Activision knows it. I don't play many FPS games to begin with and now I'll make sure to double check the publisher before I make any new game purchases. Out of spite, I may buy several Activision titles on eBay, just so I know they aren't getting my money.  

News Comments > More Mass Effect 2 Story Details
2. Re: More Mass Effect Story Details Aug 18, 2009, 14:39 ldonyo

I'm playing through the first one again to get Shepard up to 60th level before this comes out. On a separate note, I thought all Krogan were blood-hungry?  

News Comments > Champions Online Beta Status
3. Re: Champions Online Beta Status Aug 17, 2009, 23:02 ldonyo

The Hellgate: London beta was just like this. That was Bill Roper, too. I wonder just how closely Champions Online will mirror Hellgate's very short and painful lifetime?  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
1. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Aug 15, 2009, 13:48 ldonyo

Nothing like making a prediction about how things will be 10 years from now. Sweeney and Pachter should take their shows on the road. Does Epic have anything coming out soon or is Sweeney just trying to keep the company in the public eye?  

News Comments > Bethesda: No Current Elder Scrolls 5 Plans, MMO? Maybe
2. Re: Bethesda: No Current Elder Scrolls 5 Plans, MMO? Maybe Aug 15, 2009, 13:33 ldonyo

I hope Bethesda and Zenimax are just doing a preemptive domain registration blitz to keep the squatters at bay. I also hope that it is nothing more than that.  

News Comments > Playlogic Losses
5. Re: Playlogic Losses Aug 14, 2009, 18:28 ldonyo

They're spending like drunken sailors if their losses are that high this year versus the profit they made last year over the same period.  

News Comments > Safety Dance
1. Re: Safety Dance Aug 14, 2009, 11:28 ldonyo

Unfortunately, Sony hasn't figured out that the DRM they use on everything else needs to go, too.  

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Aug 14, 2009, 11:17 ldonyo

Why in God's name does IndustryGamers give a hack "analyst" like Pachter a forum to spout his nonsense "predictions" from? The guy could predict needing a tissue after sneezing without getting it wrong! They might as well find Miss Cleo and get her to make predictions.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 14, 2009, 09:33 ldonyo

Best Buy never honors pricing mistakes until you sue them in small claims court. Then, you usually get the deal you were after, but you have to sign an NDA and can't tell anyone about it.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 13, 2009, 12:30 ldonyo

That is one of the best articles on Blu-ray I have ever read.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 12, 2009, 17:34 ldonyo

If Linux is ever as easy to use as Windows then tech sites will include Linux in their reviews. Until that happens, there is no point in reviewers killing themselves for the four or five readers that use Linux exclusively.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 12, 2009, 17:31 ldonyo

I find it ironic the a game called Greed Corp will be available on Sony's PSN.  

1670 Comments. 84 pages. Viewing page 46.
< Newer [ 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo