Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Don Smutny

Real Name Don Smutny   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ldonyo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 16, 2005, 21:56
Total Comments 1649 (Pro)
User ID 23662

User comment history
< Newer [ 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ] Older >

News Comments > Dragon Age: Origins Movie, Screenshots
12. Re: Dragon Age: Origins Movie, Screenshots Aug 12, 2009, 16:03 ldonyo

Who else is going to join your party? A terrasque? A dragon? Demi-lich maybe? A balor perhaps?

You don't bother to find out much about games before posting, do you Cutter? This isn't a D&D-based game, so you non-stone golem references are all moot. The only thing that keeps getting worse are the validity of your comments in reference to this game.

Also, anyone who has read the book "Dragon Age: The Stolen Throne" knows quite a lot about Shale and can appreciate just how useful this stone golem can be. Those folks also know that there are plenty of things that Shale cannot do and that it is not invulnerable nor all-powerful, as you seem to think, Cutter. Plus, if you just wait until the game is released and buy it you won't get the downloadable content and you won't have to use the stone golem.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Risen's Got Talent
7. Re: Risen's Got Talent Aug 12, 2009, 15:52 ldonyo

Voice talent is all fine and wonderful, but I'll wait for the actual release to not suck before I get giddy. I really want Risen to not suck, but too many disappointments over the decades have left me extremely cynical regarding game hype.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: 360 Update Aug 11, 2009, 17:05 ldonyo

I hate these mandatory updates that add "features" that I won't ever use. And why do they say, "Your console may restart", when they know damn good and well that it will?  

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Aug 10, 2009, 22:22 ldonyo

Would publishers please stop pretending the inane babblings falling out of Michael Pachter's mouth are in any way meaningful to the rest of the world? The only thing destined to fail is Pachter. Everything else has about a fifty-fifty chance.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 10, 2009, 22:19 ldonyo

A bank will let people start depositing paper checks via an iPhone app? That's going to be one heck of a lawsuit when people's checking accounts get drained because someone hacked their iPhone and got a check image complete with signature.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 10, 2009, 22:16 ldonyo

I think the only one that can start a Microsoft death spiral is Microsoft. From what little has been released about it, Chrome OS is not much more than a stripped down Linux kernel designed to launch Google apps on a netbook.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 10, 2009, 22:00 ldonyo

Who at IndustryGamers.com let, "Wii Has Fewest Percentage of Active Users" out the editorial door? The title alone should be warning enough that this 'article' is not worth your time.  

News Comments > Gaming's Retail Decline
10. Re: Gaming's Retail Decline Aug 10, 2009, 18:09 ldonyo

The retail pricing for video games are doing more damage to retail sales than the economy ever could short of a complete collapse. The digital distribution outlets have shown over and over again that price makes a huge difference, but the retail channel just doesn't get it and probably never will.  

News Comments > Safety Dance
10. Re: Safety Dance Aug 9, 2009, 16:41 ldonyo

It is not the operating system that is at fault, it is the average user that bears 99.999% of the blame for the spread of botnets, worms and trojans. Giving the same users a different OS is only going to change the targeted OS, not the end result.

You cannot program to get around a clueless or stupid user. I don't care how good you think you are, there are users out there that can defeat any safety measure you put into any program with a single click of their mouse.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
5. Re: Madden DLC Aug 9, 2009, 16:34 ldonyo

Allow the industry to evolve.

This is hardly industry evolution. This is greed incarnate.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: fitty cent Aug 9, 2009, 09:51 ldonyo

Maybe his appearance is quickly followed by his head disappearing...  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 8, 2009, 11:29 ldonyo

Murdoch is a tool. They are Amazon's subscribers, not his. If people wanted to be buried in Fox spam, they would have subscribed to WSJ directly.  

2. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 8, 2009, 11:26 ldonyo

Shouldn't EA be more concerned with returning to profitability?  

News Comments > Best Buy Tests New Games at Used Prices
7. Re: Best Buy Tests New Games at New Prices Aug 7, 2009, 16:16 ldonyo

Better than zero off.

I agree, Frijoles, especially when GS' used price on recent titles is only $5 less than the new price. I hope this goes national!

News Comments > Safety Dance
2. Re: Feds at DefCon Aug 7, 2009, 09:52 ldonyo

They've been told a billion times that RFIDs are not secure, but did they listen? Maybe now someone will understand why those new passports weren't a good idea.  

News Comments > Metaverse
3. Re: Murdoch... Aug 7, 2009, 09:47 ldonyo

I hope Fox gets every penny their "news" is worth and leaves Murdoch a broken, bitter, lonely old man.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 7, 2009, 00:02 ldonyo

The Windows 7 "bug" is a complete joke, reported by some guy who has no idea what is going on with his PC. However, since it is about Windows 7, it has been run as fact on many clueless sites. It is a complete non-issue.  

1. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 6, 2009, 23:58 ldonyo

Europe is so lucky! They don't have to gag on the gigantic joke that is GH:VH for months!  

News Comments > More Sales
4. Re: More Sales Aug 6, 2009, 23:56 ldonyo

SkyFallen Entertainment lists Time of Shadows as a straight action game, not action/RPG.  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Aug 6, 2009, 12:56 ldonyo

The article on Hellforge is a great resource for quality Oblivion mods.  

1649 Comments. 83 pages. Viewing page 46.
< Newer [ 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo