Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Don Smutny

Real Name Don Smutny   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ldonyo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 16, 2005, 21:56
Total Comments 1627 (Pro)
User ID 23662

User comment history
< Newer [ 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 6, 2009, 11:36 ldonyo

The pricing for the 360 games on demand service isn't bad, but it is no better than going to get the Platinum Hits versions of those same games. GameStop probably has used copies of all of those titles for half the price MS will be asking and you don't need BS MS points to get them.

Activision needs a serious reality check if they think they can keep the same sales numbers and raise prices. EA and Sony both used to think they could do no wrong and look where that got them.

This comment was edited on Aug 6, 2009, 11:38.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

1. Re: EA Aug 5, 2009, 17:58 ldonyo

EA would like to see anything that might stop them from bleeding red ink every quarter. If they get really desperate, they might even try releasing games that aren't full of bugs, crippled by DRM or just plain don't suck, but they'll have to get to that level of desperation first.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 4, 2009, 18:50 ldonyo

Oooh, yet another Apple tablet rumor. Slow news day in the UK?  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Aug 4, 2009, 18:47 ldonyo

The man is a fool.  

11. Re: EA Aug 4, 2009, 16:33 ldonyo

EA would probably lose a lot less money every year if they stopped pumping out craptacular movie tie-in games.  

News Comments > This Is Vegas Not Cancelled
2. Re: This Is Vegas Not Cancelled Aug 3, 2009, 17:25 ldonyo

open-world debauchery game

That's pretty funny, Blue!

What would players do? See how much they can eat at a $4.95 buffet followed shortly by a trip to the emergency room? See if they can spot the transvestite hookers among the female ones? Count the number of shows with topless dancers in them (or the ones without, which might actually be harder)? Spend days or weeks trying to hit the big slots jackpot? Count the Elvis impersonators? What fun!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Michael Bay presents - EXPLOSIONS! Aug 3, 2009, 16:25 ldonyo

That clip pretty much summarizes every movie he has ever made.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Apple Aug 3, 2009, 16:14 ldonyo

Apple seems to be much worse than Microsoft ever was. It seems to be okay, though, because Apple's customers are the ones being treated like shit.  

1. Re: Miyamoto questions Aug 3, 2009, 16:09 ldonyo

That's why he develops games and other people market them. Plus, he works for Nintendo. They hardly distribute anything digitally.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: RIP Word - - not Aug 3, 2009, 16:06 ldonyo

I'll add this to the nonsense like the mouse will only last two more years, which was predicted about 7 years ago ...

Word may go away one day, but it isn't going to be any time soon.

News Comments > Fallout 3 Mothership Zeta Lands
7. Re: Fallout 3 Mothership Zeta Lands Aug 3, 2009, 12:53 ldonyo

Downloaded it this morning using the GFWL front end and manually copied it from my profile folder to the Fallout 3\Data folder. Once I finish up in the swamps of Point Lookout, I'll be on my way to MZ!  

News Comments > Half of Americans are Gamers?
2. Re: Half of Americans are Gamers? Aug 1, 2009, 14:50 ldonyo

I'd like to know how the 21,000 respondents were chosen to take the survey.  

News Comments > Fallout 3 DLC Trailer
6. Re: Fallout 3 DLC Trailer Aug 1, 2009, 10:20 ldonyo

You can also download this trailer in several formats from Bethesda at http://fallout.bethsoft.com/eng/downloads/videos.html  

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Jul 31, 2009, 10:14 ldonyo

Bill O'Reilly is not a moral barometer or a "culture warrior" by any stretch of the imagination!  

1. Re: Pachter Jul 31, 2009, 09:51 ldonyo

How many times does this clown have to be wrong before people stop publishing what he babbles?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: 11 Biggest Frauds in Gaming Jul 30, 2009, 16:25 ldonyo

I am in total agreement that Michael Pachter is the number one fraud in gaming. This guy makes Miss Cleo look like she really is psychic!  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 30, 2009, 16:13 ldonyo

Apple's iPad Tablet would only slay smartphones, eBooks and Netbooks if Apple prices it reasonably. However, since we're dealing with Apple, it will probably be priced like a Macbook Pro.  

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Jul 30, 2009, 16:01 ldonyo

I agree, delays that improve the game are good and there have been a number of titles in the last few years that would have been vastly improved had there been a delay of their release. I also agree that everyone trying to release for Christmas is just plain dumb. The recent announcements regarding titles that have been pushed into next year has been very welcome news to me.

Delays that are due to the publisher and/or developer trying to find funding to finish the game usually end up in a half-baked release of beta code that gets almost no support, doesn't sell well and usually ends the developer, the publisher or both.

News Comments > Minorities in Games
25. Re: Minorities in Games Jul 30, 2009, 15:53 ldonyo

Many countries have laws that forbid children being put into harms' way, which would explain a dearth of children in games not meant for them. Also, just how were the custom characters "randomly" created and by whom? Was it a white adult male, perhaps?

As to, "Our thoughts about why are all informed guesses.", I would have say that their thoughts as to why are very UNinformed guesses.

News Comments > Risen Specs
4. Re: Risen Specs Jul 30, 2009, 15:29 ldonyo

I'm looking forward to the game. I'm also happy to see that you do not need a supercomputer to run it.  

1627 Comments. 82 pages. Viewing page 46.
< Newer [ 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo