Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Don Smutny

Real Name Don Smutny   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ldonyo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 16, 2005, 21:56
Total Comments 1626 (Pro)
User ID 23662

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Skyrim Patched, LAA Fix No Longer Works
2. Re: Skyrim Patched, LAA Fix No Longer Works Nov 21, 2011, 21:40 ldonyo

That's not a patch, that's a wheelchair with the wheels locked.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Using CryENGINE 3
10. Re: MechWarrior Online Using CryENGINE 3 Nov 17, 2011, 21:25 ldonyo

If it weren't online only I might care.  

News Comments > Good Old Games Adding Good New Games
9. Re: Good Old Games Adding Good New Games Nov 17, 2011, 21:23 ldonyo

I have purchased over 70 games from GoG. Most of them are RPGs such as Fallout 1 & 2, Baldur's Gate 1 & 2, Icewind Dale 1& 2 and Planescape: Torment, that I had purchased previously and wanted to play again on Windows 7, but without all of the kluges and workarounds it would take to make that happen using the original CDs. I would be very happy to have the chance to buy newer games from GoG, although I would not be willing to pay more than $19.99 for any single game.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 16, 2011, 08:33 ldonyo

Really, DOJ? Will lying on a date be next?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 14, 2011, 09:53 ldonyo

They were playing to Tebow's strength, which is not passing the ball.  

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Oct 26, 2011, 10:50 ldonyo

I call bullshit on Ubi's 90% figure. The fact that their info comes from Pachter only makes the pile higher.  

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
2. Re: Saturday Consolidation Oct 22, 2011, 17:16 ldonyo

jdreyer wrote on Oct 22, 2011, 16:14:
I can't wait until the next gen consoles ship. Most PC games these days are ports, and graphics and design are suffering as a result of old consoles. On the other hand my old E6600 proc runs new games just fine (albeit with an nVidia 460). But I'll be upgrading soon, and it would be nice if more games took advantage of the hardware.
Most PC games will continue to be ports up to and well after the next consoles are released. Sufficiently beefy PCs will still have no trouble handling the hardware requirements of ported games, no matter what version of console is current, simply because the consoles base their hardware specs on the PC hardware available at the time the console is produced.

When the latest gen consoles are released, their specs are near the upper end of PC specs for graphics and sound. Six months later, PCs leave consoles in their dust. This will continue to happen as long as consoles are nothing more than dedicated-purpose PCs.

News Comments > Bloodlines/Dead State Interview
5. Re: Bloodlines/Dead State Interview Oct 22, 2011, 17:09 ldonyo

Acleacius wrote on Oct 22, 2011, 16:10:
Brian is one of the best writers in the industry, gotta love him. Vampire

As for Bloodlines there is an on going project to bring it to current Source engine technology, by a small team. Bloodlines has done extremely well since being released on Steam. It brought to life the modding community, where some pretty amazing mods have been made and still being worked on.
The modding community took off long before the release of Bloodlines on Steam. They've been releasing fixes and patches for Bloodlines for over 5 years now. If Troika/Activision had embraced these dedicated and talented programmers back then, Troika might still be around and more people would know just how good Bloodlines really is!

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 11, 2011, 22:39 ldonyo

Who in their right mind would pay $129.99 for a 320GB hard drive???  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 10, 2011, 12:33 ldonyo

Next from Pachter, "Water is wet, fire is hot."  

News Comments > Microsoft Planning Cloud Gaming?
7. Re: Microsoft Planning Cloud Gaming? Oct 6, 2011, 10:43 ldonyo

...it seems likely...
Pure speculation at this point.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 3, 2011, 12:25 ldonyo

The author of the Psychology Today bases his agreement with video games causing increased aggression solely on the number of studies done that support this, even though many, if not most, of those studies' conclusions have been questioned or invalidated. Maybe Tom Cruise is on to something after all...  

News Comments > Frayed Knights: The Skull of S'makh-Daon Released
3. Re: Frayed Knights: The Skull of S'makh-Daon Released Sep 28, 2011, 10:42 ldonyo

For $22.95, it might be worth buying. I'll give the demo a shot first, though.  

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Sep 26, 2011, 00:26 ldonyo

El Pit wrote on Sep 25, 2011, 16:35:
The future is that not only you still won't be able to pause the cinematic interludes, but you also won't be able to pause the game itself (Diablo III).
Skipping the obvious translation site gaffs, you are correct insofar as online-only games go. Any attempt to do the same with a single-player or LAN-based game had best be met with stout and quite vocal non-purchase by the community.

I have no doubt that Bobby Kotick dreams of monetizing every single transaction within the Diablo III universe, even taking a cut of player-to-player trades and transactions on top of any player-to-game transactions. It would be like taking the EA Madden model two steps further, something I'm certain Kotick would never dream of letting by untested. The man is like a cockroach with a hoarding issues when it comes to finding ways to squeeze even more money out of players for things that used to be free.

News Comments > Jade Empire Sequel Possible
23. Re: Jade Empire Sequel Possible Sep 26, 2011, 00:05 ldonyo

I would love to see another game based on the Jade Empire IP. However, now that EA owns BioWare, I doubt that the resulting game would be worth playing, especially on the PC.  

News Comments > Game of Thrones RPG "Won't Be Along for a While"
16. Re: Game of Thrones RPG Sep 20, 2011, 17:40 ldonyo

Creston wrote on Sep 20, 2011, 15:36:
ldonyo wrote on Sep 20, 2011, 15:12:
grudgebearer wrote on Sep 20, 2011, 13:33:
Right in the middle of Storm of Swords...and you are correct...it is amazing...
You need to go right into A Dance With Dragons or you'll end up a jaded and cynical wretch, like Creston.

I quite enjoyed the first two books, but you can only take character stupidity for the sake of furthering your plot so far before it just becomes retarded.

George RR Martin crossed that line and kept on running a few more miles at the end of Storm of Swords. It completely ruined the whole series for me.

If the old croaker ever finishes it, I'll read the whole thing only if (spoilers) Danearys (?) and her Dragons murder every living thing on that entire inbred continent.

Creston
While I agree that there have been an awful lot of incredibly bad/fatal decisions made by major characters and an awful lot of quite contrived character removals, I'm not quite as demanding in the ultimate resolution as you are. There are going to be seven books, which means George has roughly 2000 pages to wrap up quite a few story threads.

News Comments > Game of Thrones RPG "Won't Be Along for a While"
9. Re: Game of Thrones RPG Sep 20, 2011, 15:12 ldonyo

grudgebearer wrote on Sep 20, 2011, 13:33:
Right in the middle of Storm of Swords...and you are correct...it is amazing...
You need to go right into A Dance With Dragons or you'll end up a jaded and cynical wretch, like Creston.

News Comments > Op Ed
24. Re: Op Ed Sep 19, 2011, 12:13 ldonyo

Yes, it should have stayed turn-based.  

News Comments > New Telepath RPG: Servants of God Demo
1. Re: New Telepath RPG: Servants of God Demo Sep 19, 2011, 12:12 ldonyo

One bug they should fix is requiring Adobe AIR to install the demo.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 19, 2011, 12:07 ldonyo

I'll wait and see just what Microsoft comes up with for Xbox TV before deciding if it will be worth it. That's going to depend heavily on the cost/content ratio.  

1626 Comments. 82 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo