Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Don Smutny

Real Name Don Smutny   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ldonyo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 16, 2005, 21:56
Total Comments 1707 (Pro)
User ID 23662

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 18, 2019, 14:38 ldonyo

That's not an elaborate hoax. That's stupid people and their money being parted, even when they knew something was fishy.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Law Firm "Investigates" On Behalf of Activision Blizzard Investors
1. Re: Law Firm Jan 14, 2019, 10:40 ldonyo

Did anyone for this investigation or is this the 21st century version of ambulance chasing?  

News Comments > ESA Pressing WHO on "Gaming Disorder" Plans
5. Re: ESA Pressing WHO on Jan 11, 2019, 13:31 ldonyo

It's yet another attack on a symptom, not the actual problem. They don't want to find a cure, they just want an endless stream of patients paying for treatment that never ends and never solves anything.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
8. Re: Evening Mobilization Jan 5, 2019, 07:54 ldonyo

Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Jan 4, 2019, 21:12:
Why not? Foxxcom is already building two automated factory's in the US.
Foxconn isn't paying for them, though. That's all tax money given by states desperate to say they're adding good-paying jobs.

News Comments > More on the Star Control Legal Battle
16. Re: More on the Star Control Legal Battle Jan 5, 2019, 07:51 ldonyo

jdreyer wrote on Jan 4, 2019, 20:29:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Jan 4, 2019, 20:02:
Itís clear to us that Stardock chose to make Origins substantially similar to SC2 instead of using the original material they purchased in SC3. We donít claim to have a copyright on all interstellar travel, but we do have a copyright on the specific way we expressed interstellar travel in Star Control II. We see many such examples in Star Control: Origins where its expression is substantially similar to and/or derivative of our copyright-protected work, without our permission.

This is 100% accurate. Play Origins and UQM side by side and the travel method is identical.

But isn't that a mechanic? And you can't copyright mechanics, can you?
You can copyright the specific code used to enable the mechanic, but the mechanic can be implemented by someone else writing their own code.

News Comments > New Year's Eve Metaverse
3. Re: New Year's Eve Metaverse Jan 2, 2019, 11:04 ldonyo

Genesys wrote on Dec 31, 2018, 17:22:
That cricket story was great :)
I agree! It also got me to give Fluker's a try. I have a few fire belly toads that need feeding and their prices are on par with what I would pay at Petsmart or Petco, but with home delivery.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 20, 2018, 13:25 ldonyo

Contrary to what the rest of the country seems to think, including our state Legislature and Governor,there are many parts of Arizona that are not Phoenix.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
6. Re: Endless Space 2 Announced Dec 7, 2018, 11:50 ldonyo

Bitterbug wrote on Dec 6, 2018, 22:42:
Anything that gives you a dopamine hit can be addictive if you're wired for it.
Some devs/publishers of sites and games have based their whole business model around targeting these people.
That's why treatment should center on the individual, not the current obsession of the individual. That seems to be the part most often missed by the media in their rush to find something to blame for society's ills.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 29, 2018, 15:04 ldonyo

jdreyer wrote on Nov 29, 2018, 14:42:
Dear ESA,

Fuck you. DIAF.

Sincerely,
Me
Me, too!

Fuckers are just like the RIAA and MPAA, a useless leach organization out for their own aggrandizement.

News Comments > Fallout 76 Legal Fallout?
13. Re: Fallout 76 Legal Fallout? Nov 27, 2018, 12:51 ldonyo

Darks wrote on Nov 27, 2018, 12:42:
bhcompy wrote on Nov 27, 2018, 12:07:
warmbluelasers wrote on Nov 27, 2018, 11:47:
Darks wrote on Nov 27, 2018, 11:06:
They had a beta, and the beta was the full game. Everyone knew what they are getting this was not a secret.

Lots of high profile gamers streamed the beta and a number of reviewers put up first impressions as well. Bethesda was also very clear since E3 as to exactly what kind of game it was going to be.

The debate has nothing to do with what kind of game it is. The debate has to do with the fact that a fully released and paid for game hit the shelves unplayable for many, and that those that requested a refund on this merit were denied. This is why Bethesda skipped Steam, which would have allowed a refund in this case.

The only other remedy at this point is a stop payment. Bethesda doesn't want to get hit with a ton of those, so perhaps they should institute a fair refund policy like what Valve has instituted with Steam

First off, They did not skip steam because of refunds. They did it like most others are doing to avoid the 30 percent payout to Steams greed machine. I cant blame anyone for doing that when their profits are being handed out to steam like that.

Secondly, The game was not unplayable by any stretch. Yes, there were bugs, but the game was still playable. Some people were complaining just to complain and piled on the game to whine about stupid bullshit that was not warranted.

I, too, am enjoying Fallout 76 and have not run into anything that breaks the game. I was on the fence until a couple of weeks before release, but decided to pre-order it (Newegg had the PC version of the Tricentennial edition on sale for $15 off). Played the beta for a couple of weekends and liked the game enough that I bought it for my wife so we can play together. Very happy with this purchase!

News Comments > etc., etc.
13. Re: etc., etc. Nov 20, 2018, 13:29 ldonyo

HoSpanky wrote on Nov 20, 2018, 10:00:
Iím not a fallout fan, but my wife is. As soon as they said the new Fallout would be multiplayer, she lost all interest. Somehow, while MOST games are automatically BETTER when you add in multiplayer, Bethesda managed to make theirs worse.
IMO, most games are NOT better when multiplayer is slapped on, which seems to be the way it's been added to nearly everything for the last 15 years or so. I can see it being necessary for FPS, sports, and strategy games. Other games, not so much, though it has been added to every type of game that is not point-and-click adventure (AKA, pixel hunting games).

I agree that private servers would help immensely with FO76, or at least a private game option in the same vein as Sword Coast Legends or Neverwinter Nights. Bethesda should make participating in PvP optional so that those of us that just want to start rebuilding Appalaccia can do so in relative peace.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Nov 9, 2018, 11:25 ldonyo

Said "major sports title" probably gained more than $21 million in sales for not having Denuvo fucking up the game.  

2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 7, 2018, 10:48 ldonyo

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 7, 2018, 10:12:
Someone in the disconnected house needs their pee pee slapped. [insert cheech and chong clip here]

The driver of the getaway car is just as guilty as the corner watchout.

No, AT&T needs to wait until infringement is proved before disconnecting anyone. Innocent before being proven guilty and all that. Taking the lazy way out is not acceptable and should not be tolerated.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Nov 6, 2018, 10:54 ldonyo

I've got six PCs and laptops that I use regularly and not one of them has a problem with file association. I'm using either the Pro or Enterprise versions in Developer mode, so maybe that has something to do with it.  

News Comments > Bethesda Responds to Fallout 76 Exploitation Concerns
1. Re: Bethesda Responds to Fallout 76 Exploitation Concerns Nov 6, 2018, 10:48 ldonyo

I had a great time with the beta this past weekend and can't wait for the full release!  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 31, 2018, 13:48 ldonyo

Proud Boys sounds more like a Gay Pride group than a white nationalist terror organization.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 30, 2018, 13:56 ldonyo

The fine print on just how this can happen is like a prescription medicine disclaimer.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 30, 2018, 13:33 ldonyo

Wisconsin is completely screwed, as will be Lake Michigan by the heavy metal industrial waste dumped into it by Foxconn.

Walmart gaming PCs are way overpriced, especially the laptops.

Google employees will probably be replaced by other employees, who can then have a walkout of their own in a few years for the same reason.

1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 30, 2018, 13:22 ldonyo

If an FCC official is making a statement these days, said official is usually lying or pointing out the lie of another FCC official.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 30, 2018, 13:17 ldonyo

There was a national mission to fix rural broadband, but big telecom screwed the pooch by taking the money and never delivering the build-out the money was for. Fast-forward about a decade and Shit Pai has removed most of the money that would have gone to this, as well as removing (or trying to) most of the subsidies for the poor to get anything even resembling broadband in any form.

The problem isn't the lack of a plan. The problem is, and has been for quite some time, lack of consequences for ISPs not following through after getting the money.

1707 Comments. 86 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo