Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Don Smutny

Real Name Don Smutny   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ldonyo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On August 16, 2005
Supporter -
Total Comments 1814 (Pro)
User ID 23662

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs

2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 16, 2020, 12:24 ldonyo

The FCC, and the Paihole in particular, took themselves out of the ISP regulatory loop when the stupidly revoked the Net Neutrality rules and claimed they had no jurisdiction to regulate broadband. Congress is equally to blame for this, as they have steadfastly refused to codify anything to prevent the abuses by ISPs that are sure to take place.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Blade Runner Remake Plans

4. Re: Blade Runner Remake Plans Mar 12, 2020, 17:57 ldonyo

Xero wrote on Mar 12, 2020, 17:41:
Damn, the remake train is in full swing. Like hardcore. Makes you wonder if all good ideas are done, lol.

That or it's just easy to capitalize on something that already made tons of money by re-skinning it, updating it's compatibility and repackaging it for nothing now that everything is stored on servers.

I still own the original disc of this game but I'm not sure I want a remake of it. It was good for it's time but not so sure how well it holds up nowadays. They're are so many point and clicks out there, it's nutty.
You can get the original on GOG for $9.99, if you want to relive the magic.

News Comments > Game Reviews

1. Re: Game Reviews Mar 12, 2020, 11:35 ldonyo

By Senators, they mean Josh Hawley and Rick Scott, two of the most rabidly anti-Chinese of the Republican contingent.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs

2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 6, 2020, 13:44 ldonyo

Nullity wrote on Mar 6, 2020, 12:52:
A better headline would have been:

US legislation threatens encryption and the internet as we know it under the tired false-guise of "protecting the children"
And it's sponsored by four of the biggest fans of rampant surveillance and an expanding police state. Graham and Feinstein are bad enough, but Blumenthal and Hawley just add an unneeded layer of mindless stupidity to the whole thing.

News Comments > Op Ed

2. Re: Op Ed Feb 24, 2020, 12:25 ldonyo

Maybe it wasn't meant as satire. Someone sure got a twist in their knickers over something pretty trivial, though.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 21, 2020, 11:03 ldonyo

Bloomberg got torched in the real world. Not really sure what his campaign thinks this is going to do for him, other than reduce his already low credibility.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Breaks $50M Triggering Developer Payday

14. Re: The Witcher 3 Breaks $50M Triggering Developer Payday Feb 21, 2020, 10:19 ldonyo

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 20, 2020, 20:27:
What's the developer payday if purchased on GOG .

$15,000,000 million dollars to host a file. I'm in the wrong business.
On GOG they get 100% of the sales revenue, since it's their platform.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits

5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 18, 2020, 12:43 ldonyo

Nimh wrote on Feb 18, 2020, 12:07:
Not the first time, and certainly not the last. AMD just can't get it right with their video cards.
AMD does just fine. ASUS, on the other hand, tends to have issues. I 've had motherboards and video cards of theirs both go belly up inside six months. No OC, no extreme temps, no extreme use, just plain died. They are one of the hardest manufacturers to deal with in these cases, in my experience, and one of the slowest to turn a warranty replacement around.

News Comments > Original People Can Fly Developers Have Flown

1. Re: Original People Can Fly Developers Have Flown Feb 12, 2020, 11:59 ldonyo

Another once-storied studio that now exists in name only. Painkiller was pretty awesome when it came out, especially the stake gun and chain grappler. The bosses were pretty cool, too.  

News Comments > Happy Birthday BioWare

5. Re: Happy Birthday BioWare Feb 3, 2020, 14:24 ldonyo

Cutter wrote on Feb 3, 2020, 12:59:
Bioware ended the moment they sold out to EA.
Sad, but true. Can't wait to see them celebrate all the games they made before that fateful catastrophe took place.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs

14. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Feb 2, 2020, 13:01 ldonyo

WaltC wrote on Feb 2, 2020, 09:23:
HorrorScope wrote on Feb 1, 2020, 16:31:
Linthat22 wrote on Feb 1, 2020, 15:43:
Cutter wrote on Feb 1, 2020, 13:12:
From the king of counterfeit himself. That's richly ironic.

Care to explain Mr. Talking Point?

I'll jump in, right off the bat he keeps using copyrighted songs at his rallies and the rights owners have told him to stop and he still does. That's right up the ally.

Actually, if asked they don't use the music. The Stones asked him to stop--he did, etc. Yes, Trump is such a "fraud" that he forgot to take his $400k annual salary...;)
He's writing that off, while forcing Federal folks to stay at, and have paid using tax dollars, his resorts all over the globe. Let's not for get the $287 million he's spent on golf trips over the last three years, either. Yeah, he's a real peach.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs

13. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Feb 2, 2020, 12:59 ldonyo

Ahumado wrote on Feb 2, 2020, 11:50:
Trump is such a great President that he shines too brightly for you to understand. You have been brought up in the world of tight pants and anti-bullying yet you all bully the President so that makes you all phonies.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

That's the funniest thing I've seen on the Internet this year.

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 27, 2020, 12:35 ldonyo

While there is quite a bit that is valid in the NYT OpEd, it is hampered by a defiant cynicism that is slathered with a thick coating of defeatism, an unhealthy level of paranoia, and some glaring leaps of despair, particularly in a grossly erroneous interpretation of what Section 230 does. All is definitely not lost, as yet, but this author has already given up and moved on to a bread line somewhere.  

News Comments > etc.

2. Re: etc. Jan 23, 2020, 11:09 ldonyo

Since it's a book series-to-TV adaptation, no.  

News Comments > Video Game and Tech Workers Unionization Campaign

18. Re: Video Game and Tech Workers Unionization Campaign Jan 7, 2020, 14:45 ldonyo

mxmissile wrote on Jan 7, 2020, 14:07:
You got to be kidding me... man the F up, seriously. Unions are for dangerous occupations, like coal mines. Not a job where if you show up dressed as the opposite gender and might be called a few names. Unbelievable.
Thank goodness you're here to let everyone know who should be unionized!

Seriously, though, the one who needs to "man up" is the guy who thinks some occupations don't need to have an organized labor force. Everyone, in any occupation, can be exploited by their employer. Unions can keep this from happening. Don't want one? Don't join one. It's pretty simple.

News Comments > Get Hyper Light Drifter for Free

6. Re: Get Hyper Light Drifter for Free Dec 27, 2019, 15:31 ldonyo

Cutter wrote on Dec 27, 2019, 15:06:
mirthy wrote on Dec 27, 2019, 13:00:
It's a strange reality where one can have the luxury complain about free games. I mean, it's free!

(I got that sarcasm btw).

No one is complaining about free games. People are complaining, and rightfully so, about Epic's anti-consumer practices of exclusives. Obviously some of the more stupid people around here continually fail to grasp something so simple.
You do realize that consoles have been doing the 'anti-consumer exclusive' thing for nigh on two decades now, right? Obviously, many more people around here simply grasp themselves.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs

2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 20, 2019, 11:55 ldonyo

TurboTax is hardly alone in that, I'll bet.  

News Comments > Blade Runner Returns on GOG.com

14. Re: Blade Runner Returns on GOG.com Dec 17, 2019, 15:25 ldonyo

I still have my copy on disc. I wonder if I can use the code to Reclaim My Game on GOG?  

4. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 12, 2019, 13:23 ldonyo

Watched "The Irishman". It was a lot like watching Godfather 1 & 2 mixed together, with a bit of 3 thrown in just to make it longer. I like Godfather 1 & 2, but 3 was crap. This played a lot like 3.

My wife liked it, I thought it was pretty boring. There was no drama, no tension, no character to root for, and no surprises. You've seen Joe, Bob, and Al play these same parts a dozen times and it isn't any different than those, usually in films by Scorsese. It's three-and-a-half hours I'll never get back.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse

4. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 11, 2019, 10:39 ldonyo

It's not just AT&T that suffers from this self-inflicted customer loss. Suits never figure out that people are leaving because the price is too high and try to maintain revenue levels by increasing the price on the customers they have left. This spiral will continue until there are no more customers or there are newer, younger, suits in charge.  

1814 Comments. 91 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >