Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Don Smutny

Real Name Don Smutny   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ldonyo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 16, 2005, 21:56
Total Comments 1654 (Pro)
User ID 23662

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > BlizzCon Virtual Tickets
8. Re: BlizzCon Virtual Tickets Sep 14, 2017, 17:27 ldonyo

I'd get a ticket if they'd let me use virtual money.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
7. Re: Evening Safety Dance Sep 6, 2017, 15:51 ldonyo

If anyone other than Verizon had even a half-assed signal where I live, I would switch in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, the closest anyone gets is eighth-assed, which is T-Mobile, or sixteenth-assed, which is a tie between AT&T and Sprint, both of whom required playing a form of Hide-and-Go-Seek to find a signal while remaining indoors. T-Mobile just has a weak-to-suddenly-nonexistent signal, with random bits of decent connection scattered here and there.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 6, 2017, 15:34 ldonyo

Mid-term elections aren't that far off and a lot of folks up for re-election would like to be able to say they helped pass a law "to protect children" and "stop the purveyors of sex", especially if they're in Midwestern or Southern states. This law won't end up doing anything but moving the crimes to somewhere else on the Internet while driving many Internet companies out of business.  

News Comments > Tim Willits Calls QUAKE Design Dispute "Silly"
6. Re: Tim Willits Calls QUAKE Design Dispute Sep 5, 2017, 11:33 ldonyo

Is he friends with the guy that thinks he invented email?  

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin 2 Split-screen and Controller Support
1. Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2 Split-screen and Controller Support Aug 2, 2017, 15:24 ldonyo

Sounds like it could be a lot of fun for my wife and I!  

1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 11, 2017, 11:21 ldonyo

By Senators do they mean future board members?  

2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 31, 2017, 16:17 ldonyo

The part that sucks about the Dish lawsuit is that you have to have a recording of the call to get any money. The only ones who win here are the lawyers for both sides.  

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed May 30, 2017, 12:10 ldonyo

Cutter wrote on May 30, 2017, 11:51:
No, bad parenting is. Same as it ever was.
So very true.

3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 23, 2017, 16:22 ldonyo

jdreyer wrote on May 23, 2017, 13:30:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on May 23, 2017, 11:51:
Because Mike O'Reilly and Ajit Pai are literally human garbage, and probably ordered their 'guards' to assault people? Because the president recommends physically assaulting people who disagree with you, and suing the press?

The answer you're looking for is, "Because we now live in a banana republic."

Also, not sure why the word 'Manhandling' is in quotes as if they weren't actually manhandled. When you shove someone into a wall, and forcibly remove them from a building, that's just manhandling, not 'manhandling.'

They wanted to show physically what they're doing to consumers' rights metaphorically.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse May 23, 2017, 16:18 ldonyo

Considering how many flaws Cisco has had to patch in their own stuff, they must be speaking for themselves and their products, not just projects. IoT is certainly not going away, but manufacturers and vendors had better start securing things or it will remain the hodgepodge of garbage that it currently is for quite some time to come.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse May 15, 2017, 12:02 ldonyo

If Comcast means in the "you'll do things the way we tell you to or you won't get to do them at all" way, then yes, they are like Apple.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse May 9, 2017, 13:55 ldonyo

They were a victim of people's outrage and their shitty servers couldn't handle it, that's all.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation May 8, 2017, 17:00 ldonyo

Most schedules look good, right up until you can't meet it and have to push things back a few months.  

News Comments > Op Ed
21. Re: Op Ed May 8, 2017, 16:53 ldonyo

This article is most certainly pretentious and spends an inordinate amount of time citing the works of various authors who have attempted to posthumously psychoanalyze H.P. based solely on his fiction, rather than spending most of its space on laying out in a concrete fashion just why video games cannot be Lovecraftian. It seems more that the author doesn't care much for video games in general, and horror games in particular, and feels that video games are a waste of time and energy that could be better used to belittle people that read comic books and watch television.  

4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 2, 2017, 14:10 ldonyo

If the music industry had even tried keeping up with the times, piracy would be a footnote. The RIAA has no one to blame but themselves and the absolute boatloads of crap they try to pass off as music for any drop in revenue they think they see.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 26, 2017, 13:03 ldonyo

A friend and I played through the original Night Trap in one night. We rented the game and the Sega CD unit to use with my friend's Sega Genesis, so we got our money's worth there. It was pretty cheesy and involved remembering the sequence of events in the proper order to beat the game. Still, it was a decent use of FMV at the time.  

News Comments > Vivendi and Ubisoft to Finally Get a Room?
3. Re: Vivendi and Ubisoft to Finally Get a Room? Apr 26, 2017, 12:50 ldonyo

Vivendi really needs to stop buying video game companies, unless they're dead set on going under at some point. Their track record in video games is horrible, with Atari as a prime example of how to take a well-respected brand and drive it mercilessly into the ground and bury it forever. Since they're trying to acquire their way into profitability, I doubt they're doing very well in any aspect of their businesses, so buying more companies is only going to accelerate their eventual demise.  

News Comments > Morning Patches
1. Re: Morning Patches Apr 25, 2017, 13:50 ldonyo

My Windows 10 tablet is convinced there is a virus in the Evil's Doom download. I'd rather not play it than find out it was right.  

2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 24, 2017, 11:53 ldonyo

That has to be illegal in most, if not all, states, especially when dealing with juveniles. This is access to evidence, kind of like how the poor and elderly are going to end up with access to healthcare.  

News Comments > Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Released
16. Re: Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Released Apr 12, 2017, 15:44 ldonyo

The version on GOG.com comes with the original game, as well as the EE version. If you already have the original, you'll still have it. If not, buying the EE version will be the only way to get it on GOG now.  

1654 Comments. 83 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo