Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Don Smutny

Real Name Don Smutny   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ldonyo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 16, 2005, 21:56
Total Comments 1625 (Pro)
User ID 23662

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Dec 6, 2016, 10:38 ldonyo

The only curse game movies have, generally speaking, is that the movies are never anything like the game they use in the title.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 21, 2016, 15:05 ldonyo

The other 58% must use McAfee or Symantec products.  

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Nov 10, 2016, 10:55 ldonyo

If only other studios had had the foresight to do this before they were bought and ruined by EA or Activision!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 4, 2016, 10:58 ldonyo

I've had Geico for a couple of years now and had to go through something similar a while back. I had a check in hand for my totaled vehicle in less than a week for a few hundred more than Kelly Blue Book value. Geico is awesome for claims service, no question.

The only thing about Geico I do not care for is the $5 - $10 per month bump in premium I get with each renewal, even though I've had no accidents or tickets and have the same car. I am not happy about that at all and am actively looking to change insurers because of it.

News Comments > No Cross-play for Infinite Warfare or Modern Warfare Remastered
3. Re: No Cross-play for Infinite Warfare or Modern Warfare Remastered Nov 4, 2016, 10:52 ldonyo

I can see Activision not allowing cross-play so that people are forced to buy multiple copies of their games if they want to play with/against others on multiple platforms. I can also see EA doing the same thing for the same reasons.

It's going to take a publisher with some guts, or an independent with some fairly deep pockets, to take a chance that cross-play will net them increased sales by capturing new customers that are willing to buy a game that they can play with all of their friends, not just ones on a particular platform.

I can see someone like CD Projekt Red doing this with a Witcher title and garnering not only a ton of goodwill from gamers, but a ton of sales, as well.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 1, 2016, 16:20 ldonyo

Interesting that the AT&T hearing was scheduled on Pearl Harbor Day. If that deal manages to get approved, it will be like Pearl Harbor on the Internet in the USA.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 31, 2016, 12:19 ldonyo

Jones is pure slime.  

News Comments > Uwe Boll Ending Film Career
8. Re: Uwe Boll Ending Film Career Oct 26, 2016, 11:55 ldonyo

Calling the garbage he created "b-movies" is an insult to real b-movies everywhere. Sharknado is Oscar-worthy when compared to the drek he excreted.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 25, 2016, 11:30 ldonyo

I hope this survives the inevitable lawsuit.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
6. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 24, 2016, 13:53 ldonyo

Quboid wrote on Aug 24, 2016, 13:48:
That's irrelevant to what I said and the complete opposite of my own beliefs.
Science zealots can sometimes be worse than the religious variety.

News Comments > PCIe 4.0 to Deliver More Speed and Power
26. Re: PCIe 4.0 to Deliver More Speed and Power Aug 22, 2016, 17:29 ldonyo

What is a power draw like that going to do to the traces and the PCB itself? Pulling four times the power is going to be murder on the materials currently used, so something is going to have to change to accommodate the increased power draw.  

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 2, 2016, 11:22 ldonyo

Since I can't get a DOCSIS 3.1 modem yet, Cox can take their time getting their Gigablast out in Tucson.  

News Comments > More Win10 Concerns from Tim Sweeney
27. Re: More Win10 Concerns from Tim Sweeney Jul 26, 2016, 11:40 ldonyo

Linthat22 wrote on Jul 26, 2016, 10:11:
I've never had any issues with Steam with Windows 10. Hell, not even an issue with GOG's beta Galaxy program.
Same here. GOG Galaxy actually works better for me on Win 10 than it did under Win 7.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 26, 2016, 11:11 ldonyo

Sprint doing anything other than expanding their network is a waste of their time and their customers' money. Unlimited data isn't unlimited if you can't get any data in the first place.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 20, 2016, 10:47 ldonyo

Peter Bright is probably the only one surprised by Windows' strength of earnings.  

News Comments > The Technomancer Released
20. Re: The Technomancer Released Jun 29, 2016, 18:13 ldonyo

I bought it at 15% off coupled with a 50% off coupon on Humble, so I won't feel too bad if it isn't as much fun as I hoped it would be. Skimming through a bunch of reviews, it looks like some people thought it was okay and some people didn't like it at all.

The ones that didn't like it all seemed to have used the same review template, as they all used the same comparisons and made the same types of snarky remarks to make about Spiders, which makes me think that those folks don't like the developer and won't like anything Spiders makes, no matter what.

The folks that thought it was okay liked the combat best, but also thought the premise was interesting, if under developed. I won't know what I think until I give it a go, so I'm hoping for the best.

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 29, 2016, 11:50 ldonyo

This is something I will use quite a bit. I'm a bit surprised it took this long for someone to do this.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 28, 2016, 14:03 ldonyo

Creston wrote on Jun 28, 2016, 13:43:
Is the Technomancer on PC too? Anyone know? The one single trailer I saw a few days ago (for the first time) looked pretty promising.

Edit: nm, it's actually mentioned below.

I saw it on the Humble store for 15% off this morning, but I don't know how much longer that will last.

Warner must be going straight past the release debacle and right to the pull-the-game-to-fix-it phase.

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 14, 2016, 11:44 ldonyo

When are we going to have goodbye Yahoo? Not that they aren't busily driving any users they had away with ridiculous changes to their site, but it would be nice if it would just die and stay dead.  

News Comments > GOG.com Summer Sale
14. Re: GOG.com Summer Sale Jun 9, 2016, 11:15 ldonyo

Dev wrote on Jun 9, 2016, 09:49:
Is that all the badges, stuff they are going to offer during the sale? I've done everything and started checkin, I'm at 3000 XP, and it will top out at like 4000 XP by completing the check in stuff. Not enough to earn even the first earnable free game at 5k. I see purchasing gives lots of XP, so is this more of a "buy stuff to get XP and get a bonus game or two along the way" type sale?
Glad system shock 2 was free without doing anything though.
You get 1000 points for installing the Galaxy client, as well as points for all the badges and check-ins.

1625 Comments. 82 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo