Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Don Smutny

Real Name Don Smutny   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ldonyo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 16, 2005, 21:56
Total Comments 1685 (Pro)
User ID 23662

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Oct 12, 2018, 12:26 ldonyo

Achtung! Cthulhu Tactics just made my list of "buy when they're next on sale" games.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Witcher Author Demands Additional Royalties
16. Re: The Witcher Author Demands Additional Royalties Oct 2, 2018, 12:21 ldonyo

Task wrote on Oct 2, 2018, 11:55:
Frijoles wrote on Oct 2, 2018, 10:52:
I've been wanting to buy the books for a while, but fuck that now. He sounds like an alcoholic douchenozzle, if other commenters (on other sites) are to be believed.

Pfft, who cares how the author is in real life. Just buy the books in your desired format and read away.
Borrow them from your local library, if they're available. The first couple weren't bad, but the library here in Tucson doesn't have any of the more recent ones.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2018, 11:19 ldonyo

I was trying out the autofill for picks, but that isn't doing me any better than coin flipping, so I'll try coin flipping this week and see what happens.  

News Comments > Call of Cthulhu One Hour Gameplay Video
4. Re: Call of Cthulhu One Hour Gameplay Video Sep 11, 2018, 15:21 ldonyo

ItBurn wrote on Sep 11, 2018, 13:32:
Darks wrote on Sep 11, 2018, 13:27:
Cutter wrote on Sep 11, 2018, 12:13:
So the game is an hour long or this an hour of gameplay?

Game play, and it pretty much sucks, just another run around explore and be scared and a lot of dialog to wade though. No combat from what I can tell in this game... at all!!

It sucks? It's exactly what I want from it...
As do I. The tabletop game was not designed to be combat heavy and I'm glad that this seems to be the direction the developers chose to go in, as well.

News Comments > Shadows: Awakening Awakens
4. Re: Shadows: Awakening Awakens Sep 5, 2018, 12:09 ldonyo

Played about an hour of this, just to see if I want to go any farther. It's interesting, especially bouncing between the Devourer and the puppet to get things done. I'm looking forward to playing more of this.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 1, 2018, 17:11 ldonyo

Cutter wrote on Sep 1, 2018, 14:27:
Video games do not belong in the Olympics as they're not a physical sport, period. What next Olympic Boggle? Clue? Monopoly?

Twister

News Comments > Evening Previews
1. Re: Evening Previews Aug 21, 2018, 11:39 ldonyo

This sounds pretty damn cool!  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 20, 2018, 12:37 ldonyo

Oh, look, ZDNet has another Windows/PCs are dying opinion piece with very few facts and even less intelligence or insight.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 16, 2018, 11:04 ldonyo

They claim it is to match the URL against their blacklist, but said blacklist could be included with the extension and checked locally. Yes, the user would need to keep the list updated, unless it can be pushed out, but that would make the extension faster and remove the "phone home" aspect.  

News Comments > Remastered The Bard's Tale Trilogy Kicks Off Next Week
3. Re: Remastered The Bard's Tale Trilogy Kicks Off Next Week Aug 7, 2018, 14:56 ldonyo

Prez wrote on Aug 7, 2018, 10:28:
This isn't the first time the Bard's Tale has been resurrected. I know I played reboot around the early 2000's.
That "reboot" was a grotesque "re-imagining" of a legendary game and had absolutely nothing but the name in common with the original.

I no longer have my C64 copies of the trilogy, but I do have DOS versions as part of a game compilation package from the late 90's.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
10. Re: Evening Interviews Aug 1, 2018, 15:39 ldonyo

jdreyer wrote on Aug 1, 2018, 01:42:
I'd like to see the Venn diagram of toxic male gamers and supporters of Stand Your Ground laws.
One circle with lots of dots would be my guess. Would also match up well with owners of overly-raised 4x4 pickups, I'll bet.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 3, 2018, 12:31 ldonyo

I haven't purchased a CD from Best Buy since 2010. Hell, I barely think of Best Buy for anything anymore. Their selection sucks and their prices aren't far behind in suckage.

I purchased CDs from Amazon just two weeks ago. I also buy vinyl records from Amazon, as well as directly from a band via their website or record company. I do this because I like to be able to listen to my music on any device I choose and can rip a CD or an album into any format I wish.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
1. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jun 25, 2018, 14:54 ldonyo

We need far more doctors like Dr. Prasad and far fewer acolytes of Big Pharma.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 22, 2018, 15:08 ldonyo

Cutter wrote on Jun 22, 2018, 12:32:
The fact that was only a 5-4 vote is even more deeply troubling. It should have been unanimous.
We have to take what we can get, because this just might be it for several years to come.

News Comments > WHO Classifies "Gaming Disorder"
10. Re: WHO Classifies Jun 18, 2018, 13:21 ldonyo

Create a new "disorder" in order to get funds to do studies to find out if it is actually a disorder? Sounds like someone is pimping for cash from "interested parties".  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
1. Re: Saturday Metaverse Apr 28, 2018, 18:45 ldonyo

All of Facebook's problems are systemic, and self-inflicted.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 4, 2018, 13:06 ldonyo

Xbox Live Rewards isn't getting a makeover, it's getting replaced with Microsoft Rewards.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 3, 2018, 12:55 ldonyo

"Valuation" is the wrong word for the total value of all shares of a company's stock. "Pipe Dream" or "Full Con" are closer to the truth, especially with IPO's of companies that haven't made much, if anything, to date.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 27, 2018, 11:34 ldonyo

It's not that Facebook stops looking for you, I don't buy that at all, but Facebook will stop telling you about photos you're in, unless you've been tagged, if you turn their facial recognition off.

Oh, and Zuck, no, Facebook users didn't agree to have you leave their data available to third parties without you knowing they had access to it. That's a data breach, whether you want to call it one or not, and it should be treated as one by every state and Federal law that applies.

News Comments > BATTLETECH on April 24th
3. Re: BATTLETECH on April 24th Mar 27, 2018, 11:25 ldonyo

chickenboo wrote on Mar 27, 2018, 11:10:
please be good
My sentiments, as well.

1685 Comments. 85 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo