Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Fort Collins, CO 03/24

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Don Smutny

Real Name Don Smutny   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ldonyo
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 16, 2005, 21:56
Total Comments 1633 (Pro)
User ID 23662

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 13, 2017, 13:39 ldonyo

Nick Denton killed his own company with his reckless pursuit of ever more shocking and sensationalist headlines and content. It was only a matter of time before he was sued out of existence.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 28, 2017, 15:48 ldonyo

Acleacius wrote on Feb 28, 2017, 11:13:
Cutter wrote on Feb 28, 2017, 10:04:
Why would the FCC be involved anyway? Antitrust is a matter for the DOJ.
Their job is to prevent and find conflicts of interest, before federal laws are broken. Since it's inception more than 100 years ago, it uses regulation to prevent crimes. Just like the FDA inspects and regulates food safety by setting standards and doing inspections. Of course all agencies have been undermined since the 1980s, by defunding so they can't do their job. It's based on increasing corporate profits and bankrupting the agencies so they can be overthrown, just like schools.
Under the new regime, the FCC's job is to rubber stamp anything anyone wants to do, especially if it screws the public.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 13, 2017, 17:18 ldonyo

Ajit doesn't want a digital divide, he wants a digital chasm so wide that it cannot be crossed!  

News Comments > Conan Exiles Barbarian Edition
1. Re: Conan Exiles Barbarian Edition Jan 25, 2017, 10:44 ldonyo

This looks like it has real potential, especially with being able to run your own server for co-op games. The P&P RPG looks interesting, too.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 4, 2017, 11:11 ldonyo

Since Trump doesn't bother with intel or security briefings anyway, and he's Putin's bitch, his opinion of anything doesn't matter in the slightest.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
2. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 12, 2016, 12:38 ldonyo

ForgedReality wrote on Dec 12, 2016, 11:36:
So, AMD finally admits their drivers were terrible? Now it's just their hardware? If their drivers don't suck anymore, they did when it was ATi, when they had decent and competitive hardware. Now it's reversed, AMD? Fun times.
In my own experiences, AMD have decent and competitive hardware now and their drivers haven't sucked since the Catalyst era started. Nvidia, on the other hand, has had far more issues with hardware and drivers both over the last 5 - 10 years, as well as driver issues since the turn of the century.

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Dec 9, 2016, 10:11 ldonyo

A one-sided scare piece. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see this as a catalyst for yet another Trumpian pronouncement of something that just has to be stopped.  

3. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 7, 2016, 10:42 ldonyo

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 7, 2016, 10:27:
After losing the popular vote, donny decides when it comes to fake news less is more.
Unless it's fake news he spreads. He spreads the best fake news. Fake news so good, it looks just like real news!

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Dec 6, 2016, 10:38 ldonyo

The only curse game movies have, generally speaking, is that the movies are never anything like the game they use in the title.  

2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 21, 2016, 15:05 ldonyo

The other 58% must use McAfee or Symantec products.  

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Nov 10, 2016, 10:55 ldonyo

If only other studios had had the foresight to do this before they were bought and ruined by EA or Activision!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 4, 2016, 10:58 ldonyo

I've had Geico for a couple of years now and had to go through something similar a while back. I had a check in hand for my totaled vehicle in less than a week for a few hundred more than Kelly Blue Book value. Geico is awesome for claims service, no question.

The only thing about Geico I do not care for is the $5 - $10 per month bump in premium I get with each renewal, even though I've had no accidents or tickets and have the same car. I am not happy about that at all and am actively looking to change insurers because of it.

News Comments > No Cross-play for Infinite Warfare or Modern Warfare Remastered
3. Re: No Cross-play for Infinite Warfare or Modern Warfare Remastered Nov 4, 2016, 10:52 ldonyo

I can see Activision not allowing cross-play so that people are forced to buy multiple copies of their games if they want to play with/against others on multiple platforms. I can also see EA doing the same thing for the same reasons.

It's going to take a publisher with some guts, or an independent with some fairly deep pockets, to take a chance that cross-play will net them increased sales by capturing new customers that are willing to buy a game that they can play with all of their friends, not just ones on a particular platform.

I can see someone like CD Projekt Red doing this with a Witcher title and garnering not only a ton of goodwill from gamers, but a ton of sales, as well.

1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Nov 1, 2016, 16:20 ldonyo

Interesting that the AT&T hearing was scheduled on Pearl Harbor Day. If that deal manages to get approved, it will be like Pearl Harbor on the Internet in the USA.  

1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 31, 2016, 12:19 ldonyo

Jones is pure slime.  

News Comments > Uwe Boll Ending Film Career
8. Re: Uwe Boll Ending Film Career Oct 26, 2016, 11:55 ldonyo

Calling the garbage he created "b-movies" is an insult to real b-movies everywhere. Sharknado is Oscar-worthy when compared to the drek he excreted.  

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 25, 2016, 11:30 ldonyo

I hope this survives the inevitable lawsuit.  

6. Re: Morning Safety Dance Aug 24, 2016, 13:53 ldonyo

Quboid wrote on Aug 24, 2016, 13:48:
That's irrelevant to what I said and the complete opposite of my own beliefs.
Science zealots can sometimes be worse than the religious variety.

News Comments > PCIe 4.0 to Deliver More Speed and Power
26. Re: PCIe 4.0 to Deliver More Speed and Power Aug 22, 2016, 17:29 ldonyo

What is a power draw like that going to do to the traces and the PCB itself? Pulling four times the power is going to be murder on the materials currently used, so something is going to have to change to accommodate the increased power draw.  

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 2, 2016, 11:22 ldonyo

Since I can't get a DOCSIS 3.1 modem yet, Cox can take their time getting their Gigablast out in Tucson.  

1633 Comments. 82 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo