Descending
Limit Results:

416 Comments. 21 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    21  ] Older

Re: Morning Consolidation
Jul 7, 2020, 15:25
Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 7, 2020, 15:25
Jul 7, 2020, 15:25

It's one thing to be annoyed or angry about the plot or characters in a game or a movie but another thing to send death threats to actors/directors/writers. If you're angry about them so much, just don't support the next project they're in. Simple as that.

Man, some people need to get their fucking priorities in life straight...

Re: Amazon Plans Fallout TV Series with Westworld Creators
Jul 3, 2020, 17:20
Re: Amazon Plans Fallout TV Series with Westworld Creators Jul 3, 2020, 17:20
Jul 3, 2020, 17:20

Beamer wrote on Jul 3, 2020, 11:11:
Even Westworld Season 1 kind of sucked. The plot was interesting, but they forgot to change up tone. People love shows like Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones because of the variety between scenes, which helps you connect with characters. One scene you're worried Tyrion may die, the next you're laughing as he's snarking off to someone. They had intense, heavy scenes, but balanced them with light scenes that served no real purpose other than to give you another side of a character or make you smile with them.

Westworld didn't have this. Every scene, every line, was intense and heavy. Misery and torture. You never saw anyone relax or take a single moment of joy. It made each hour feel very long.

It would have been an all-time great had they not done that.

You make a good point. The show was constantly dreary and one-note in its tone and "twists." There have been plenty of great shows that relied on heavy and dreary, atmospheric settings (Chernobyl comes to mind) but that was balanced by the enthralling acting AND fantastic writing that made you want to watch more even though that "more" consisted of more sadness, death and misery.

Unfortunately, Westworld was missing the later part of that balance and that becomes plainly clear in the second season forward when the writers relied heavily on gimmicky jumps in time to try to force plot twists. And often, those type of twists were handled much better or more gracefully in other movies or shows.

Re: Amazon Plans Fallout TV Series with Westworld Creators
Jul 2, 2020, 23:31
Re: Amazon Plans Fallout TV Series with Westworld Creators Jul 2, 2020, 23:31
Jul 2, 2020, 23:31

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jul 2, 2020, 20:12:
RedEye9 wrote on Jul 2, 2020, 19:48:
Oh this will be great. Can’t wait.

Sadly, no, it is going to suck. Westworld has been in a steep nose dive since the conclusion of season one. I have no faith that Fallout will be any better if Nolan and Joy are involved.

Agreed. Westworld had such potential too. Fantastic actors, an interesting concept, a big budget, a network that would fully support them and that a lot of people actually watch. And yet the show-runners just made a mess of it all and it's clear that they have no idea what they're doing plotwise.

In an ironic sort of way, Joy and Nolan are VERY fitting for a Bethesda Fallout show.

This comment was edited on Jul 3, 2020, 02:55.

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 is DirectX 12 Only
Jul 2, 2020, 18:11
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 is DirectX 12 Only Jul 2, 2020, 18:11
Jul 2, 2020, 18:11

Quinn wrote on Jul 2, 2020, 17:55:
OpticNerve wrote on Jul 2, 2020, 16:19:
Quinn wrote on Jul 2, 2020, 11:25:
Acleacius wrote on Jul 2, 2020, 11:14:
Quinn wrote on Jul 2, 2020, 02:52:
On the GTX 1070Ti DX12 works but feels unstable. My gut feeling always has me select DX11 over 12 based on past experiences.

No wall-running, DX12 only, no playable female protagonist... What other strange news will we get right before the finish line?
Wtf, is this about removing the female protagonist, got a link? Damn, if true it really pisses me off. I can't imagine CD Projekt Red would try to charge extra for a female protagonist but I would rather pay extra than not have the option.

Edit: NM, I see the rest of the thread on Female Protagonist.

Haha oops! That was a joke I planned to come back on about an hour after I initially posted it just to see some reactions, but I forgot xD Sorry folks, hehe

You're actually sort of right. I did read an interview with one of the devs last night since I wanted to verify your statement and they said that there wouldn't be a binary male or female character selection but that you're just "V" and can pick different body (and voice?) options.

Given that one of the major themes of Cyberpunk 2077 is being able to modify yourself in the future since you're not limited by what you're born with/as, this decision by the devs made sense to me. It's probably going to stir up a bit of controversy once the game is released.though.

Hehe that's pretty cool and well thought out by them. I did always like the different dialogue options depending on playing a male or female (shocker right, usual suspects? What a fucking misogynist I am, and fuck me I probably hate transgenders too!) but the decision and reasoning makes sense to me as well. I'll probably just play a dude (I know, the monster I am) with a small Italian penis.

That'll probably be replaced with the origin stuff in CP2077 since I'm guessing that Nomad origin characters are going to be treated like outside trash by certain NPCs whereas a player who picked the Corporate origin will be treated differently by those same NPCs. It works out fine for me since certain studios are kind of a hit or miss when it comes to writing female-centric dialog in their games so it's probably for the best (and I would imagine a lot less work for CDPR).

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 is DirectX 12 Only
Jul 2, 2020, 16:19
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 is DirectX 12 Only Jul 2, 2020, 16:19
Jul 2, 2020, 16:19

Quinn wrote on Jul 2, 2020, 11:25:
Acleacius wrote on Jul 2, 2020, 11:14:
Quinn wrote on Jul 2, 2020, 02:52:
On the GTX 1070Ti DX12 works but feels unstable. My gut feeling always has me select DX11 over 12 based on past experiences.

No wall-running, DX12 only, no playable female protagonist... What other strange news will we get right before the finish line?
Wtf, is this about removing the female protagonist, got a link? Damn, if true it really pisses me off. I can't imagine CD Projekt Red would try to charge extra for a female protagonist but I would rather pay extra than not have the option.

Edit: NM, I see the rest of the thread on Female Protagonist.

Haha oops! That was a joke I planned to come back on about an hour after I initially posted it just to see some reactions, but I forgot xD Sorry folks, hehe

You're actually sort of right. I did read an interview with one of the devs last night since I wanted to verify your statement and they said that there wouldn't be a binary male or female character selection but that you're just "V" and can pick different body (and voice?) options.

Given that one of the major themes of Cyberpunk 2077 is being able to modify yourself in the future since you're not limited by what you're born with/as, this decision by the devs made sense to me. It's probably going to stir up a bit of controversy once the game is released.though.

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Preview Roundup
Jun 26, 2020, 16:17
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Preview Roundup Jun 26, 2020, 16:17
Jun 26, 2020, 16:17

Based off of what I've seen of the three starting careers, I think that I'm heavily leaning towards the "Nomad" one which starts you outside of Night City(slight career choice spoiler if you haven't watched any of these previews or trailer). That just sounds like a great starting choice if you're new to the Cyberpunk universe and hopefully it's the career choice that eases you into this city a bit more than the other two choices.

One of the preview feedback youtubers mentioned that their Cyberpunk 2077 intro kind of tossed a lot of characters and info at him at the beginning (he didn't mention which career path he chose) and it can be quite overwhelming. But this also might have been the case where due to the 4-hour playtime limit, he just rushed from quest to quest without taking time to explore like gamers would typically do in an open-world RPG.

Even though I did hear of some downsides/WIPs (melee combat not feeling satisfying, driving being a bit iffy, the mind dancing segments being a slog, etc.), all of the previewers that I've seen have immensely enjoyed their time with CP2077 and wanted to play more asap. I am beyond hyped for this and just hope that Cyberpunk 2077 isn't a buggy mess upon release.

Re: MS Ending Mixer
Jun 23, 2020, 18:54
Re: MS Ending Mixer Jun 23, 2020, 18:54
Jun 23, 2020, 18:54

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 23, 2020, 16:11:
After reading a couple of articles on this I'm pretty convinced we haven't heard the whole story yet. Why pore millions into exclusive contracts for big stars only to turn around and say, "Nevermind." I mean I guess that sort of thing happens sometimes, but usually there is a pressing reason for it. If there was one here, I haven't seen tales of it.

I think that it was just a desperate move on Microsoft's part to try and lure over big name streamers with cash and hoping that their huge audiences would follow, thus bringing in a bunch of new users to Mixer and making it the streaming service to be. Obviously it didn't end up working as they had hoped (Microsoft isn't the brightest company out there after all - remember the monstrosity that was GfWL and what they've done with Windows 10 lately). Most general consumers sadly don't give a rat's ass behind the crappy tech of a service as long as it's popular to others. If that were the case, Facebook, Twitter, Zoom and Twitch would not be as popular as they are.

Re: MS Ending Mixer
Jun 22, 2020, 20:45
Re: MS Ending Mixer Jun 22, 2020, 20:45
Jun 22, 2020, 20:45

Mgshadow wrote on Jun 22, 2020, 20:11:
It sucks because Beam/Mixer was a better platform. Twitch has so many issues. Now they have less competition and everyone knows Youtube and Facebook are not going to seriously compete with them... I wish Microsoft had never bought Beam.

Agreed. The Low Latency option for Mixer's (previously Beam's) video streams was miles better than Twitch's shitty streaming tech. It's a shame that this tech is now going to probably be shelved forever. What a waste.

Microsoft completely EA'd Beam.

Re: etc.
Jun 22, 2020, 17:37
Re: etc. Jun 22, 2020, 17:37
Jun 22, 2020, 17:37

Sepharo wrote on Jun 22, 2020, 17:23:
You know he doesn't actually read the articles.
It's not the first time he made up a narrative that doesn't exist via headline alone, and it won't be the last time.

His constant use of "snowflake" is pretty damn ironic given how very often he tends to have triggered, knee-jerk outbursts on here without ever reading or even comprehending the actual articles themselves.

Re: Saturday Consolidation
Jun 21, 2020, 00:59
Re: Saturday Consolidation Jun 21, 2020, 00:59
Jun 21, 2020, 00:59

There's always going to be a subsection that hates anything that has to do with LGBTQ characters in their games, but to be fair - it seems like there is a large chunk of fans who just really do not like the plotline and the twists involved in TLoU2. I spoiled myself with the leaks and Lets Plays (did the same with the first one since I'm not a big console player) so I wasn't beholden to the series and... yikes, even the twists in TLoU2 annoyed the hell out of me. I really can understand the divisive hatred that the sequel is getting because something that might work well in a movie or novel type of format just seems to flounder as a plot idea in a game.

It seems like the loss of Amy Henning as a lead writer is really, really felt in this sequel.

Re: Op Ed
May 29, 2020, 22:34
Re: Op Ed May 29, 2020, 22:34
May 29, 2020, 22:34

The Half Elf wrote on May 29, 2020, 15:01:
Cutter wrote on May 29, 2020, 14:02:
So rapist, murderers, thieves, et al. aren't bad are they? I doubt most people would consider that to be a "hazy moral spectrum". Good grief. Rolleyes

Cutter in which AC game did you rape someone?

But the random mudering/stealing in the last 2 games (Odyssey and Origin) I really can't stand. If I accidentally steal something villiagers will come after me and THEN it's totally ok to kill them, or any number of pets.
I miss having to blend into crowds or remain undetected while going to a target/objective.

It seems that since Origin the core of the game has gotten lazy. Hell as I play through Odyssey there are so many cheat skills that it makes Eve's Cloaking device in Syndicate look mundane.

As for the article (didn't read), Rogue was a great title that explored "the other side".

From what I've read from some of the dev interviews, it seems like AC: Valhalla is bringing back certain elements from the older AC games such as one-hit assassination kills and crowd-blending. I doubt they're fully going back to certain older gameplay elements from the series, but fortunately there are some stuff that they seem to be bringing back.

Re: Evening Legal Briefs
May 29, 2020, 02:30
Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 29, 2020, 02:30
May 29, 2020, 02:30

I'm noticing a trend here, but why do most Trump supporters in message boards use emojis, all caps and exclamation marks like 8-year old girls texting their BFFs for the very first time? The usual suspects on Blues seem to be proving this to be true.

It really is baffling.

Re: Three Free Games
May 24, 2020, 01:45
Re: Three Free Games May 24, 2020, 01:45
May 24, 2020, 01:45

Human: Fall Flat is an absolute blast in co-op with friends and the dev is continuously releasing new player models and maps.

Re: Dark Souls III Sales Top 10M
May 19, 2020, 18:23
Re: Dark Souls III Sales Top 10M May 19, 2020, 18:23
May 19, 2020, 18:23

Yeah, the Souls-like games are either games that you love or hate. It's definitely frustrating at first until you get used to the various combat mechanics or get that one type of weapon that you just excel with.

There have been a lot of Souls-like clones but I think that the Souls series in particular have a lot of replay value for me because of it's odd co-op/pvp system. It could be better but there is just nothing else like running through a level with a co-op buddy and suddenly see an Invasion message(s). All of a sudden it turns into an extremely tense situation where you always have to be on guard and the best PVPers will wait until you two are distracted or take advantage of certain elevations or situations (which is typically balanced out due to it often being a 2/3 vs 1/2 situation).

Fortunately my friends and I have been lucky to have not run across many overt cheaters and have ran across a lot of quirky and honorable PvPers in our Souls sessions (those who are outfit-themed or will salute you before challenging you to a 1 vs 1, etc.). I've honestly had the most memorable multiplayer experiences playing the Souls series and interacting with it's community so I hope that Bandai Namco brings us more Souls games.

Re: Ubisoft Apologizes for Assassin's Creed Valhalla
May 8, 2020, 16:07
Re: Ubisoft Apologizes for Assassin's Creed Valhalla May 8, 2020, 16:07
May 8, 2020, 16:07

If they titled the thing "Assassin's Creed: Valhalla In-Game Teaser" or something like that, I don't think there'd be as big a backlash. But calling it a "gameplay" trailer sure was a big screw up on their end.

Still looking forward to Valhalla though. I really enjoyed Odyssey and the new gameplay elements that they're adding to Valhalla (based on interviews) sounds like nice additions to the formula.

Re: Out of the Blue
May 4, 2020, 23:31
Re: Out of the Blue May 4, 2020, 23:31
May 4, 2020, 23:31

jdreyer wrote on May 4, 2020, 21:32:
OpticNerve wrote on May 4, 2020, 21:24:
I did read the news that Taika Waititi is signed on to direct and co-write a new Star Wars film so hopefully he'll be able to revitalize the franchise like he did with Thor: Ragnarok

Hopefully they will not meddle and/or force him to quit midway. Lord and Miller left part way though Solo for those reasons.

I have mixed feelings when it comes to them meddling with a director's vision in the Star Wars universe. I felt that someone should have stood up and said, "Whoa Rian, wtf are you doing?" when he went in and decided to just undo what Abrams did with Awakens. But at the same time Taika definitely has a certain unique and whimsical style in his films and Disney meddling in that would be a shame.

I think the fact that Taika's upcoming film will be a standalone would help with that a lot whereas Rian''s film might have been better received by fans if it wasn't smack dab in the middle of a new trilogy and a lot of his "subverted expectations" messed with some beloved SW characters.

This comment was edited on May 5, 2020, 02:41.

Re: Out of the Blue
May 4, 2020, 21:24
Re: Out of the Blue May 4, 2020, 21:24
May 4, 2020, 21:24

I did read the news that Taika Waititi is signed on to direct and co-write a new Star Wars film so hopefully he'll be able to revitalize the franchise like he did with Thor: Ragnarok

Re: Steam Top 10
May 3, 2020, 18:48
Re: Steam Top 10 May 3, 2020, 18:48
May 3, 2020, 18:48

heroin wrote on May 3, 2020, 17:17:
I was playing Borderlands 3 today for the first time in a long time, it's a fun game. It's been so long that I forgot about the spaceship, Sanctuary. Looks like they added an "arcade game" called Borderlands Science that actually does real world science from people playing it. Cool stuff.

It's definitely a fun shooter (especially in co-op). Shame that the plotline and new characters are so awfully written. BL2 wasn't the epitome of great game writing, but Handsome Jack and especially the Tiny Tina DLC were a lot of fun and kept you entertained. The two new villains in BL3 are just annoying imo and [New character spoiler]: Ava in particular was beyond annoying. It's like they took every dumb teen cliche and jammed it into the most unlikable Mary Sue character created [/End new character spoiler]

This comment was edited on May 3, 2020, 19:04.

Re: Assassin's Creed Valhalla Announcement
Apr 30, 2020, 23:53
Re: Assassin's Creed Valhalla Announcement Apr 30, 2020, 23:53
Apr 30, 2020, 23:53

Cutter wrote on Apr 30, 2020, 16:06:
RaZ0r! wrote on Apr 30, 2020, 14:24:
Which AC is the best one or most highly regarded? (I know this is subjective) The only one I have played is Origins and while it seemed like a good game it just didn't grab me.

Black Flag is the best. AC2 trilogy follows. Odyssey, Origins, the rest you can skip.
Yeah, I agree with that list as well. It does depend on what you want out of the game though as well as what AC "theme" you prefer.

Black Flag is great mainly because of the fantastic ship combat and the whole "Arrrrg! Pirates!" theme where you meet historically inaccurate famous pirates of the past.

The AC2 trilogy is the best if you just want the purest and strongest story-driven version of an AC game. IMO, Ezio is by far the best main character in any of the AC games (probably because he's the only one to have a fully fleshed out character arc).

Odyssey is more like an gigantic open-world action rpg than a pure AC game. It looks fantastic and the combat is fun and is a power-fantasy when you can run through a fort and just feel like a Greek, godlike, killing machine. The various quests are pretty decent-to-good too although a bit lacking compared to Witcher 3 (which is the closest game I can compare Odyssey to).

This comment was edited on May 1, 2020, 00:04.

Re: That trailer was good.
Apr 30, 2020, 23:28
Re: That trailer was good. Apr 30, 2020, 23:28
Apr 30, 2020, 23:28

[Edit] Slick already said what I was gonna say.

This comment was edited on Apr 30, 2020, 23:58.
416 Comments. 21 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    21  ] Older