Total Posts
877 (Graduate)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

877 Comments. 44 pages. Viewing page 14.
Newer [  1    9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24    44  ] Older

Pitty because I wont be buying it...
Jun 15, 2007, 18:33
Pitty because I wont be buying it... Jun 15, 2007, 18:33
Jun 15, 2007, 18:33

.. because they banned my Steam account for SWEARING (saying the F word because I was being stalked and I swore in my complaint) lol!

I guess Enemy Terratory Quake Wars will get my money instead because I can play it wheras with Half Life 2 Episode Two and Steam I cannot

This comment was edited on Jun 15, 18:37.

as usual they fcuk over acer laptop user
Jun 2, 2007, 06:57
as usual they fcuk over acer laptop user Jun 2, 2007, 06:57
Jun 2, 2007, 06:57

as usual they fcuk over acer laptop users

for this very reason I shall buy NV and a non acer laptop in future.
This comment was edited on Jun 2, 06:57.

Re: GREAT NEWS that valve got pwned
Apr 23, 2007, 01:05
Re: GREAT NEWS that valve got pwned Apr 23, 2007, 01:05
Apr 23, 2007, 01:05

Thats actually a good Idea

Since Im in Europe, theyre in the US. Consumer laws here are VERY VERY comprehensive and strict (so comprehensive that you are even protected outside of warranties )

If they dont show, the court continues without their representation LOL.

I doubt they will fly somebody over for a small claims court since theyre so arrogant.

Since I can represent myself in a small claims court, Im not bound by laws of evidence so I can get away with murder, however a solicitor (which a company is most likely to send) is bound by laws of evidence

Oh so many ways to have fun at Valve's expense

Now, if a lot of people did this

PS: This wouldnt be just for one game, this is for EVERY game I have that uses Steam This would be embarassing to the publishers that deploy over Steam

This could open a Pandora's Box of nasties for the gaming industry. DRM regulation *cough cough*

While I am at it, I think I will also send a complaint to the watch dog bodies here They can form "super complaints" that are escilated fast tracked complaints that carry a lot of weight.

This comment was edited on Apr 23, 01:20.

Apr 22, 2007, 10:35
Re: GREAT NEWS that valve got pwned Apr 22, 2007, 10:35
Apr 22, 2007, 10:35

Exactly, all Thomas had to do was just do what most people do, Ignore. I even suggest to him if he cant handle that, he could block my "support" emails but still continue my access to the products I PAID for.

But no, he decided to STEAL then LIE to me.

I was even kind enough to appologise since he cannot handle the real world where people do say the F word now and then to be descriptive as he requested. IF he thinks I am going to send email after email to him begging and appologising he is very much mistaken and in need of a reality check to get off his powertrip. He really should stop drinking from the company water cooler.

I am still waiting on Thomas to keep his side of his promise, to enable my account.

Im still waiting, and waiting and waiting.

Thomas at Valve is both a THEIF and a LIAR.

The only thing Thomas at Valve has acomplished is Negative PR, less money from me, more negative PR dragging his own name through the DIRT.

Everybody should create a support ticket with the F word in it, imagine him having to explain disabling 100,000 customers and 100,000 possible HL2 Episode 2 sales

Maddox if you are reading this here is an idea.

Find out who Valve uses for Credit Card authentications and get them kicked off that authentication service. Without Credit Card authentications, Steam is up shit creek without a paddle A few fraud reports is usually enough to get them on a watch list. This scares the pants of most online merchants

Valve is you are reading this, great employee you have there, he is out doing your press guy Making lots of friends I see.

This comment was edited on Apr 22, 11:21.

Apr 22, 2007, 09:04
Re: GREAT NEWS that valve got pwned Apr 22, 2007, 09:04
Apr 22, 2007, 09:04

Some people want access to the products they PAID for

I recently bought a game and have hardly got to play it and now I am unable to access what I paid for.

I dont spend my life playing games but I do expect to get what I paid for, dont you?

Thanks to Thomas at Valve some of us have had our MONEY STOLEN.

Since you obviously dont value what you earn (your money), perhaps you can offset our theft by Thomas at Valve (the thief and LIAR)

So, Thomas, how does it feel to be branded a THIEF and LIAR? Thats what you are.

If Thomas at Valve doesnt like this, well then he shouldnt STEAL and LIE.

I shall stop once I get access to what I PAID for.

Its that simple really.

PS: Somebody invent a real gravity gun so I can crush Thomas's nuts from the other side of the world, thanks.

This comment was edited on Apr 22, 09:27.

Apr 22, 2007, 02:44
Re: GREAT NEWS that valve got pwned Apr 22, 2007, 02:44
Apr 22, 2007, 02:44

It is not a good idea to purchase from Steam, if you need a game, buy in the retail channel. That way you have some comeback.

DO NOT GIVE MONEY TO VALVE FOR STEAM.

I used to be a "supporter" but after Thomas's "huff" I will not be helping Valve.

People like Thomas at Valve give them a bad reputation.

Boycott Half Life 2: Episode 2, embarass them by poor sales.

Who do you believe, the customers who have dealt with Valve or Valve who's sole purpose is to get YOUR MONEY?

Good luck in dealing with assholes (and liars) like Thomas at Valve.

This comment was edited on Apr 22, 03:24.

Apr 21, 2007, 12:15
Re: GREAT NEWS that valve got pwned Apr 21, 2007, 12:15
Apr 21, 2007, 12:15

Steps you can take against Valve.

1) contact your Euro MP to push for pricing and DRM investigation and regulation (Apple iTunes volations are in the limelight, ride on that wave)
2) Increase Valve's Steam support costs by adding support tickets (keep Thomas busy chasing his ass)
3) Add some noise to Catch_A_Thief@valvesoftware.com and send them on a wild goose chase
4) DONT HELP THEM in their witch hunt
5) Boycott HL2 Episode 2
6) Contact all the publishers that sign up to Steam with protest
7) Keep the negative PR rolling (making sure to name Thomas every time )
8) Send faked emails from Thomas @ valve to various game publications, game publishers and cybercafes. (Let Thomas do the explaining )

Im sure there are other ways to teach Valve a lesson.

This comment was edited on Apr 22, 03:27.

Apr 21, 2007, 12:04
Re: GREAT NEWS that valve got pwned Apr 21, 2007, 12:04
Apr 21, 2007, 12:04

The real kicker here for laughs is Valve WANT OUR HELP, the very same Valve that treated us (THEIR CUSTOMERS) like shit and now they have the balls to ask for our help?

I DONT THINK SO.

This comment was edited on Apr 21, 12:13.

Apr 21, 2007, 11:56
Re: GREAT NEWS that valve got pwned Apr 21, 2007, 11:56
Apr 21, 2007, 11:56

"may", he is dangling that for them as a hoop to jump through and for "drama" and publicity.

Credit card numbers I change regularly and I'm careful where I maintain my information. We actually have laws here that state a company MUST remove any details about me on any computer system at my request. Im not stupid enough to have my details laying around and on every order I always request that no information is stored for every order I place on line.

As for the CyberCafe's, well those cybercafes can shop elsewhere and change their bank details, no big deal with no interruption to business also there is "insurance" that EVERY financial institute MUST have BY LAW.

I hope those cybercafe's dump Steam.

Im cheering the negative publicity that Valve is getting because THEY ASKED FOR IT.

I also recommend people contact Catch A Thief email alias at Valve. Give them some NOISE (perhaps some false info for that wild goose chase effect to tie them up )

This comment was edited on Apr 21, 12:02.

Apr 21, 2007, 11:45
Re: GREAT NEWS that valve got pwned Apr 21, 2007, 11:45
Apr 21, 2007, 11:45

Newsflash, WE ARE THEIR CUSTOMERS TOO.

Advocating illegal activity? Why not? Its good enough for the President of America and Valve themselves, so why cant I?

Why should YOU be sorry? Its not YOUR fault Valve are a bunch of anal retentives that treat customers like shit.

Read my post below yours, I am recommending people increase Valve's support costs and contacting their big customers (publishers etc) and a boycott of HL2 Episode 2, DRM and PRICING investigation and regulation.

This comment was edited on Apr 21, 12:09.

Apr 21, 2007, 04:20
Re: GREAT NEWS that valve got pwned Apr 21, 2007, 04:20
Apr 21, 2007, 04:20

Actually I was "denied access to what I PAID FOR, and prevented from giving them more MONEY" for swearing, here is the email...

You provide no personal privicy and protection on Steam [Incident: 070331-000279]

Subject
You provide no personal privicy and protection on Steam

Discussion Thread
Response (Thomas) 04/03/2007 12:29 PM
Hello,

Please do not use profanity when contacting Steam Support.

Your Steam account has been temporarily disabled and will not be reactivated until we receive an apology for the content of your message.
After recieving the apology, I will be happy to look into the issue you are experiencing.
Auto-Response 03/31/2007

I have appologised as asked but still no access.

They are a bunch of liars, I jumped through his hoop and he did not follow up and reenable my account as he promised.

Thomas is a fucking liar. He has lost his credability in my book.

Now its his turn to jump through my hoop.

Now, I am a firm believer in online deployment, I had high hopes for Steam, but my experience clearly says we need regulation and STANDARDISATION so this kind of "abuse" of power does not happen.

Good on Maddoxx for taking on Steam, this is what happens when comapnies do not listen to customers and PISS THEM OFF.

Where it hurts Valve. Cybercafe revenue, HL2 Epp 2 sales, THEIR REAL CUSTOMERS. The publishers that sign Steam agreements. I suggest emailing them and furthering the negative PR to them. I also suggest everybody raises their Support costs by opening support tickets regularly for trivial issues. They have to read every one and that time is their money Make it difficult to read and confusing as they will spend more time trying to understand it

I was actually doing Valve a good turn by suggesting feature improvements, ofcourse I swore because I was mad at some fucking freak stalker that was annoying the fuck out of me.

I no longer suggest features for Steam, let them think for themselves. He cut off a hand that feeds him in not just money but also in GOOD PR. Now that is turned NEGATIVE PR from me.

I have the monay, he wants it, I hold it.

If Valve want Steam to play in Europe, he has a lot of laws to go through. Just look at Apple with iTunes in Europe.

This is one way we can get Valve to wise up. Have them investigated for PRICING and DRM REGULATION.

So, currently its a stand off. I am unable to GIVE VALVE MONEY as my account is disabled. Great move for a BUSINESS that exists for the only purpose of GETTING MY MONEY.

PS: Please somebody blow up or set fire to the building that houses their servers, perhaps their office (empty ofcourse:) ) Thanks

PS2: If this company ever gets listed, Im going to take it over and fire Thomas and at every shareeholder vote I shall bring it up EVERY TIME. You have been warned

PS3: Europe is a group of governments, and they are 1) very powerful and 2) consumer laws are very comprehensive and 3) very powerful 4) the industry has proven time and time again it cannot be trusted with self regulation

PS4: If anybody with botnet access wishes to take on Valve, I will happly place a few "Unpatched" machines on the internet

PS5: I shall break out my "medical" dictionary for every suport ticket I write in future, not profanity

PS6: Fuck Valve and Gabby boy, Im off to watch a good movie http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069945/

This comment was edited on Apr 21, 09:12.

Apr 20, 2007, 14:52
Re: GREAT NEWS that valve got pwned Apr 20, 2007, 14:52
Apr 20, 2007, 14:52

What we need is a government regulated DRM if we must have DRM and regulation on delivery and pricing.

We need a GLOBAL standard on delivery and format for images of "games" so ONE company cannot CONTROL you and deny

You really are at the MERCY of Valve. If they get the huff becuase you said the "F" word in frustration in a support email and they disable your account, you are fcuked.

I know becuse that happend to me. I even appologised as they asked, but still no account access.

So, no HL2 Episode two money from me. This is where it will HURT them, their latest hard work and effort (laugh). Seriously, If you want a way to protest them, boycott HL2 Epp 2. Public embarassment with low sales!

VOTE WITH YOUR WALLET, and send an email to all the publishers that support Steam explaining why you wont give them YOUR MONEY. Do this for EVERY new game title and publisher they announce on Steam. Eventually they will get the message.

Also, send an email (if in Europe) to your Euro MP requesting them investigate Steam pricing (since iTunes investigations is currently in vogue) and also DRM regulation.

YOU HAVE THE POWER.

I was very pro steam but now after my experience, I am VERY anti Steam. I cannot even submit support tickets and I cannot register my games to another account. In short, I AM FUCKED. and fucked off I am.

Good on Maddoxx for pwning them. He has my support.

Money is mine, they have to jump through MY hoops to get it from now on. YOU let them take YOU for GRANTED, well not me, not any more. You can play sheep if you want. Thats up to you.

This comment was edited on Apr 20, 15:19.

Typical response
Apr 20, 2007, 13:24
Typical response Apr 20, 2007, 13:24
Apr 20, 2007, 13:24

Downplay it.

Their cybercafe business is HUGE to them and nothing to be sniffed at.

That probably makes up the majority of their revenues on "steam".

They got pwned. They just dont like admitting it.

3rd party or not, Its still their "service" they hacked.

PWNED.

GREAT NEWS that valve got pwned
Apr 20, 2007, 02:23
GREAT NEWS that valve got pwned Apr 20, 2007, 02:23
Apr 20, 2007, 02:23

I have had problems dealing with Valve's team and they DESERVE this.

I for one am glad to see this happening.

Valve are a bunch of arrogant fuckheads.

My advice, buy from the retail channel then activate it on steam.

Also, have more than one steam account. Even go as far as one steam account for one game.

This comment was edited on Apr 20, 02:25.

Cool!!!
Apr 14, 2007, 03:42
Cool!!! Apr 14, 2007, 03:42
Apr 14, 2007, 03:42

Does it work with my Dance mat?

This is a great idea for a virtual weight loss keep fit money spinner

This comment was edited on Apr 14, 03:43.

SO FUCKING WHAT!
Apr 8, 2007, 02:17
SO FUCKING WHAT! Apr 8, 2007, 02:17
Apr 8, 2007, 02:17

ITS NOT OUR PROBLEM!

WHY THE HELL SHOULD WE GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THEIR PROBLEM?

Re: And this is why..
Apr 8, 2007, 02:16
Re: And this is why.. Apr 8, 2007, 02:16
Apr 8, 2007, 02:16

" It's worse then 2 women showing up at Church in the same outfit."

or turning up to work and finding out everybody is wearing the same red (the new black) tshirt that you are wearing, somebody has to go home to change and its not gona be you!, right?

Who cares 2: The sequel
Apr 7, 2007, 17:31
Who cares 2: The sequel Apr 7, 2007, 17:31
Apr 7, 2007, 17:31

Not OUR problem. So fucking what.

Who cares
Apr 7, 2007, 16:14
Who cares Apr 7, 2007, 16:14
Apr 7, 2007, 16:14

Its not OUR problem who gives a shit.

Re: Stolen Assets
Apr 7, 2007, 14:37
Re: Stolen Assets Apr 7, 2007, 14:37
Apr 7, 2007, 14:37

"99% of everything in a Lambourhini or Chevy was invented by someone else... "

Yes its common knowledge that Ferrari use Fait washing machine technology.

877 Comments. 44 pages. Viewing page 14.
Newer [  1    9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24    44  ] Older