Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Dacron

Real Name Dacron   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dacron
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On August 2, 2005
Supporter -
Total Comments 1126 (Pro)
User ID 23575

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Mafia II: Definitive Edition and Mafia III: Definitive Edition Revealed

10. Re: Mafia II: Definitive Edition and Mafia III: Definitive Edition Revealed Apr 6, 2020, 22:50 Dacron

Xero wrote on Apr 6, 2020, 11:09:
Dacron wrote on Apr 6, 2020, 10:45:
I'd rather see #1 redone, was a great game.

Same. I remember being blown away by the story telling and ending of it all. Mafia 2 never grabbed me the same way but I heard good things about it. I just could never get into it the same way Mafia 1 had me.

Mafia 2 still isn't terribly looking. I mean the trench coat does flap... so it has that going for it, lol.

Mafia 1 on the other hand was as good as it got prior to physics being introduced on everything these days. I would love to see a full blown remake. With that remake however, at least fix the racing segment in the game, lol.

And the world setting was so much more involved/complete in 1 than 2 (never played 3).

Cruising down town surrounded by tall buildings, taking rips out in the hills/country side with expansive views. It felt like a small world, not a small sandbox.

Real cops who pulled you over for speeding was mind blowing for an early open world game. But it still had plenty of goofball in it. I remember doing wheel stands in the drag car then hitting an open draw bridge and flying through the air. And the race was brutal, I must've tried it a dozen+ times before I beat it, one of the few complaints I had with the game.

#2 felt like a bland,empty GTA clone, looked pretty for the time, but that was about it.

Currently setting a record for most edited posts, 1 reply at a time.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mafia II: Definitive Edition and Mafia III: Definitive Edition Revealed

1. Re: Mafia II: Definitive Edition and Mafia III: Definitive Edition Revealed Apr 6, 2020, 10:45 Dacron

I'd rather see #1 redone, was a great game.  

News Comments > Valorant Breaks Out

14. Re: Valorant Breaks Out Apr 4, 2020, 12:54 Dacron

Fantaz wrote on Apr 4, 2020, 04:37:
this reminds me of a chinese knockoff of sorts, with the gameplay of CS but visual style of overwatch... can't they come up with something new?!?!

Sepharo wrote on Apr 4, 2020, 03:13:
the awp is called... the operator
lol

of course, they're blatantly ripping off CStrike with no fucks given, but wasn't their League of Legends a ripoff of DOTA? so it's not their first time ripping off a game.

The alt-fire of the knife looks like they used CSGO's animation.

News Comments > Half-Life: Alyx Preloads

9. Re: Half-Life: Alyx Preloads Mar 21, 2020, 21:37 Dacron

LurkerLito wrote on Mar 21, 2020, 21:21:
Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Mar 21, 2020, 17:48:
I setup my Index today and was messing around in The Lab to test things out: I legit jumped when a Jack in the Box I was cranking popped out of the box. Getting used to fending off Headcrabs in VR is gonna be... non-trivial.

Just a word of warning, if you have anything breakable nearby be absolutely sure you move them or protect them somehow. I have slammed my old TV screen with the controller while swinging a virtual sword around. Luckily nothing broke, but know it is quite easy to lose track of your location in the virtual space.

It just adds to the immersion.

Like boxing.

News Comments > Shadow Man Remaster Plans

1. Re: Shadow Man Remaster Plans Mar 18, 2020, 20:34 Dacron

Can't wait for this.  

News Comments > 3 Freebies on EGS; Get Watch_Dogs and The Stanley Parable for Free Next Week

14. Re: 3 Freebies on EGS; Get Watch_Dogs and The Stanley Parable for Free Next Week Mar 13, 2020, 20:39 Dacron

IgWannA wrote on Mar 13, 2020, 08:43:
A Short Hike was my favourite indie game of last year. Fantastic game

Very fun but a bit short. Definitely worth the price of free though, great fun on a play through, not so sure on a second.

News Comments > Call of Duty Warzone Leaks Continue

2. Re: Call of Duty Warzone Leaks Continue Mar 9, 2020, 18:48 Dacron

Darks wrote on Mar 9, 2020, 16:34:
Call of who give a fuck Duty. Seriously, let this series die already.

Oh yeah, like a studio will kill a yearly release that nets 20+ million sales each year.

News Comments > Op Ed

5. Re: Op Ed Mar 1, 2020, 12:15 Dacron

Retired wrote on Mar 1, 2020, 12:06:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Feb 29, 2020, 17:36:
Man, I'm 10 hours into this game and this is how I'm feeling about it.

I'm just going straight for the missions and saying fuck the shit like cooking and crafting
The game is a grind, it takes a while to get anything rewarding like a lot of money, etc. I just found the side stuff and chores kind of fun. Most of it goes towards your karma.

There's a burned out town to the west (I think?) of your camp, there's a gold bar hidden in it that can be sold for ~500 to the fence. You can get the gold any time, but need to unlock the fence (via the story) to sell it. After that it's breezy.

News Comments > Get Black Desert Online for Free

11. Re: Get Black Desert Online for Free Feb 27, 2020, 19:46 Dacron

Drayth wrote on Feb 27, 2020, 19:35:
( . Y . )

Reported for lewdness.

News Comments > Out of the Blue

27. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 24, 2020, 10:12 Dacron

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Feb 23, 2020, 21:19:
I think we'll find that mad Mike had life insurance and he found a way to suicide without voiding it.

Because that dude was trying to kill himself!

Also, lol @ 5000 feet.. could he not fly or better yet take a fucking weather balloon up with oxygen? Dudes a moron

Because he got publicity and money doing it this way. His publicist insists he didn't believe in the flat earth theory, but used it for promotion and to raise funds.

News Comments > Op Ed

8. Re: Op Ed Feb 22, 2020, 18:50 Dacron

They're great for free games.

For paying money ? All goes to my steam account.

News Comments > Out of the Blue

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 9, 2020, 11:25 Dacron

Hostless ? I hear Ricky Gervais is available....  

News Comments > Star Citizen Increased Player Count Experiment

3. Re: Star Citizen Increased Player Count Experiment Jan 9, 2020, 11:24 Dacron

C'mon, they're only steps away from lag-free thousand player instances.  

News Comments > DEEEER Simulator Early Access This Month

5. Re: DEEEER Simulator Early Access This Month Jan 9, 2020, 02:22 Dacron

Necrophob wrote on Jan 8, 2020, 17:02:
You're probably right. I did enjoy the dragon riding bit of the video...that looked like fun.

It sure does

News Comments > Crytek's Star Citizen Lawsuit Follow-up

106. Re: Crytek's Star Citizen Lawsuit Follow-up Jan 8, 2020, 16:32 Dacron

Korrd wrote on Jan 8, 2020, 16:03:
Dacron wrote on Jan 8, 2020, 15:13:
Okay then we are both in agreement you said Blue did not care enough about the truth then (as was said,). Why you so emotional over it and dancing like you did not day that ?
We're not in agreement because I didn't say that. And now you're being childish. You keep fabricating claims and insisting I made them while accusing me of being emotional. Remember that word projection?

Please note that this is exactly the kind of dishonesty I was taking Crytek to task for.

Again, semantics. You said he did not care about the SUBJECT, aka the TRUTH behind it and was willing to post things you thought were wrong (aka not provided in the source.).

Again, talk in circle ALL you want. You made the claim.

Your account (and how it acts like other pro SC accounts...) is here for that though. Defense of SC/CiG.
It's more defense of reason, but I understand now that you're not willing or able to assess this subject objectively.

You're welcome to defend however you like. Your post history says other wise.

saying someone doesn't care about the truth as they aren't emotionally invested in this video game like you are.
Again, that's not what I said. I suggested he might not be invested in the subject. Please work on your reading comprehension because having your own argument misstated repeatedly is honestly a bit frustrating.

No of course. Complaining about responsible reporting, directed at Blue, claiming what he was reporting was clearly a lie then complaining "alternate facts" right after wasn't direct towards him either, but the unnamed who you name now.

Again you TRY to appear impartial. But it appears as though you have an agenda. Proof is in the pudding dear.

I suggest we let this go. There's clearly no middle ground to be reached as our positions are logically incompatible and we're already going in circles trying to establish a common perspective of reality. I appreciate that you took the time to participate even if it was ultimately fruitless. Maybe we'll have better luck next time.

You suggest I do something you don't can't do yourself? Sorry but no. If you're going to call out people like this I'll gladly call you on that.

I've been here a couple of years, I'm not going anywhere either. If you want some blatant attempt to smear the site operator to go unchecked do it on a sub you run. Maybe you could even provide relevant news articles.

Maybe next time you're unhappy with what you read, submit an alternative/updated one rather than crying people aren't researching what they post.

103. Re: tell your friends to slake their thirst Jan 8, 2020, 15:36 Dacron

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 8, 2020, 13:30:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 7, 2020, 19:49:
Still not 100 comments.
SC Quality Thread Assured. That’ll slake everyone’s thirst!

And the game is still so incomplete, buggy, and delayed for so many years there isn't any discussion on it in the 100.

The threads are evolving, why can't the game

102. Re: Crytek's Star Citizen Lawsuit Follow-up Jan 8, 2020, 15:13 Dacron

Korrd wrote on Jan 8, 2020, 13:51:
Dacron wrote on Jan 8, 2020, 13:17:
Oh my that's cute. You can argue the semantics of it all you like. They both say the same thing. That Blue did not care enough about the truth.
Dacron wrote on Jan 8, 2020, 13:17:
Ah yes, the actual facts. The fact that you literally said Blue did not care for the truth ISN'T in fact accusing him of not caring.
Korrd wrote on Jan 7, 2020, 14:54:
Maybe I'm wrong and Blue doesn't care enough about the subject to remember those earlier details, and that's understandable
I'm sorry you're having such a hard time with this. I truly am. But it's not semantics. You even quoted the sentence in question, where I clearly state my position. I'm just not sure how you can argue with how words work.

Okay then we are both in agreement you said Blue did not care enough about the truth then (as was said,). Why you so emotional over it and dancing like you did not day that ?

You maybe didn't notice, but it's not SC/CIG I've been defending all this time.

Your account (and how it acts like other pro SC accounts...) is here for that though. Defense of SC/CiG. You can TRY to be seen as impartial, but any viewing of your post history shows other wise. Talk in circles all you like dear, the bias is obvious.

I'm the type who tries to have a dialogue with other readers when I feel the need. I admit I expected a more equitable one than I got, but the attempt was earnest.

You're the type to try and affiliate Blue with "alternative facts", without directly saying it (again, because you are TRYING to be viewed as impartial, but you aren't.) then saying someone doesn't care about the truth as they aren't emotionally invested in this video game like you are.

Dialogue ? No, that's an agenda.

99. Re: Crytek's Star Citizen Lawsuit Follow-up Jan 8, 2020, 13:17 Dacron

Korrd wrote on Jan 8, 2020, 11:54:
Dacron wrote on Jan 7, 2020, 22:25:
You can lie to yourself all you want. You're a SC/CiG fanatic. The proof is in the pudding dear.

You claimed the site owner did not care enough about SC to post the truth (which he did, as explained by himself in this thread.). You can try to white wash it any way you'd like. It doesn't change your fanatical denial of the truth. Talk in circles all you want.
No, dear, I'm afraid that's not logically sound.

I didn't accuse Blue of not caring about the truth; I said maybe he doesn't care enough about the story to remember the past details and use them to contradict new claims.

Oh my that's cute dear. You can argue the semantics of it all you like. They both say the same thing. That Blue did not care enough about the truth.

lol.

All over the fact the Blue posted a verbatim quote, and the SC fanboys were upset it wasn't from a news source they wanted, that wasn't submitted.

Korrd wrote on Jan 8, 2020, 11:54:
Dacron wrote on Jan 7, 2020, 22:25:
You can lie to yourself all you want. You're a SC/CiG fanatic. The proof is in the pudding dear.

You claimed the site owner did not care enough about SC to post the truth (which he did, as explained by himself in this thread.). You can try to white wash it any way you'd like. It doesn't change your fanatical denial of the truth. Talk in circles all you want.
You either care about the truth all the time... or you don't actually care about the truth. One doesn't need to be a zealot for a particular cause or entity (or biased against their counterpart) to care that details about those things be proliferated accurately and fairly. That seems like a clear logical fallacy to me.

Ah yes, the actual facts. The fact that you literally said Blue did not care for the truth ISN'T in fact accusing him of not caring.

It's unreal. I'm sorry Blue isn't a SC/CiG fanatic that he's read every bit about them and engages with everyone about it. The fact you think that's reasonable compared to what he does shows how deep you are into this cult like mentality.

I mean shit you could've submitted an updated article, but instead accused him of not caring enough about 1 topic in a myriad of others to devout his time to something YOU'RE interested in.

... Maybe I'm wrong and Blue doesn't care enough about the subject to remember those earlier details...

Continue in your stalwart defense of SC/CiG, it's enjoyable to watch the guys ONLY comment on this (and the 1 or 2 other posts they have so they can claim they are here for everything!) then act/pretend if they aren't so biased they just lie to support it. Mind you, you're the type to cry to a site operator directly in a thread as opposed to provide the material to him to post so it seems an argument is all you were after.

This comment was edited on Jan 8, 2020, 13:28.

95. Re: Crytek's Star Citizen Lawsuit Follow-up Jan 7, 2020, 22:25 Dacron

NasWulf wrote on Jan 7, 2020, 21:14:
If you would actually do a little reading into any of what I have posted, and not cherry-pick post/sentences that fit your argument, you would see I have posted on several other topics other than SC topics, and I don't actually defend SC like you claim I do (actually I have had doubts bout it, and frankly don't care). I have defended myself from posters like your self and have bashed a few people over dumb posts over a gaming web site, but you keep on keeping I guess ... makes you feel good at night I guess.

Ya I know, I already said you did that.

Maybe you should try reading before accusing others of not. I mean the entire thing was a reply to you. Though, like I admitted I thought it was you when it turned out to be voodoo who was sensitive so that part I was off about.

Korrd wrote on Jan 7, 2020, 19:56:
Dacron wrote on Jan 7, 2020, 16:58:
No, it is piling on when you both are upset he posted something verbatim and continued to hound him for it. And because of that you decide to insult him as well.
What the actual fuck? I suggested Blue might not remember past details of the CIG/Crytek story--and thus be unable to directly refute bogus claims on the fly--and that constitutes an insult in your mind? Are you really so thin-skinned or just all about the whiteknighting? As I said, he might not have remembered because the details weren't important to him; i.e., he was just reporting a story and happened to not read/remember the documents in question. It wasn't an accusation; it's an understandable position to be in when your job is to post dozens or even hundreds of stories a week. I cannot imagine why you think that's an insult.

Dacron wrote on Jan 7, 2020, 16:58:
Your entire reason for being here is clear. Now you claim the site owner doesn't care as he isn't fanatical about this pipe dream like you.
I've stated my reason for commenting here, so I should hope it's clear. Read my previous posts if you need a refresher. I think--or at least hope--you know what I meant by the above "insult" and are just playing the offense card. And lastly, I am not a fanatic--about anything.

Let me know if there's anything else you need explained in greater detail. I can use smaller words if needed.

This comment was edited on Jan 8, 2020, 02:47.

83. Re: Crytek's Star Citizen Lawsuit Follow-up Jan 7, 2020, 16:58 Dacron

Dacron wrote on Jan 7, 2020, 13:31:
You and Steve piled on Blue for posting an article, because it didn't contain what YOU guys wanted from a DIFFERENT article that wasn't submitted.
Two people raising concerns is hardly piling on. And it seems to me that on a topic as frequently discussed as this lawsuit, that expecting a basic understanding of the details from previous posts (that did appear on Blue's) to persist isn't exactly unreasonable. Maybe I'm wrong and Blue doesn't care enough about the subject to remember those earlier details, and that's understandable--memory tends to work that way--but I do wish that familiarity persisted and allowed for calling out of falsehoods when they inevitably appear. I mean, the quote that CIG "was forced to confirm [...] that no such switch had taken place" is literally a lie, but if anyone points that out in comments--after more susceptible readers have accepted it as fact based on the posting--they're labeled fanboys or worse.

I readily admit--again--that I may be asking too much and that even cursory fact-checking just isn't reasonable to expect; all I can do is express my concern (see: frustration) and hope for the best. Blue's has been my chief source of game news for many years and I don't expect that to change; I just wish we could head off the shitstorm that is every CIG/Crytek post.

No, it is piling on when you both are upset he posted something verbatim and continued to hound him for it. And because of that you decide to insult him as well.

Your entire reason for being here is clear. Now you claim the site owner doesn't care as he isn't fanatical about this pipe dream like you.

Wow.

1126 Comments. 57 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >