Total Posts
1165 (Pro)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

1165 Comments. 59 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    59  ] Older

Re: No Man's Sky Origins Launches
Sep 25, 2020, 09:23
Re: No Man's Sky Origins Launches Sep 25, 2020, 09:23
Sep 25, 2020, 09:23

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 24, 2020, 19:47:
Went ahead and fired it up today. My "main base" was buried under 40 feet of rock, a couple of secondary bases were less impacted, and had to add additional power to my Activated Indium farm (not sure why, I assume there were changes in power usage). All in all, no big deal. I really like the ability to see storage in the Freighter inventory menu. First system I warped into was a three star system each of a different color. I thought I read some materials had been removed from the game, but it must have all be crafted things because I didn't find any of their standard item removed replacements. I might go looking for a giant worm....

Found a giant one on a paradise planet. Found another one that had creatures that looked like tailless manta rays that lived underground but surface skimmed then went back under. And multi star systems are amazing, sitting on a planet with green and purple stars in the sky as planets eclipse each other, it's so much more complete than the launch.

It's been so long that the anomaly space station is -massive- inside (and filled with other players as an online hub) compared to the dinky 4 room station I remember I just started from scratch.
Currently setting a record for most edited posts, 1 reply at a time.

Sep 24, 2020, 12:35
Re: No Man's Sky Origins Launches Sep 24, 2020, 12:35
Sep 24, 2020, 12:35

Haven't played in a while but the game feels complete now. New(?) research mechanics, more variation, a proper time line. It's a great game.

Ran into my first sand worm too, was HUGE.

Sep 23, 2020, 20:09
Re: No Man's Sky Origins Launches Sep 23, 2020, 20:09
Sep 23, 2020, 20:09

Reinstalling for the sand worm, staying for the new exploration.

Re: Maneater Sells 1M, Getting Upgrades
Sep 23, 2020, 13:04
Re: Maneater Sells 1M, Getting Upgrades Sep 23, 2020, 13:04
Sep 23, 2020, 13:04

Man Epic keeps their stuff updated regularly.

Please Note: The Maneater promotional offer will extend through the Epic Summer Sale and Shark Week ending August 16

Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Event
Sep 9, 2020, 11:02
Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Event Sep 9, 2020, 11:02
Sep 9, 2020, 11:02

Think I read about this game once, worth a try?

Re: Get Into the Breach for Free
Sep 4, 2020, 03:14
Re: Get Into the Breach for Free Sep 4, 2020, 03:14
Sep 4, 2020, 03:14

VaranDragon wrote on Sep 4, 2020, 02:40:
Shit. I totally forgot about this. Am at work now. Hopefully can snag it later.

You have 7 days, until the 10th

Re: Apple Kicks Epic Off The App Store
Aug 29, 2020, 02:53
Re: Apple Kicks Epic Off The App Store Aug 29, 2020, 02:53
Aug 29, 2020, 02:53

JeffD wrote on Aug 29, 2020, 01:47:
I am very interested to see how this turns out. The store monopoly apple has had on its platform for over a decade is really something that consumers should never have allowed. However corporations bent because hey, some money is better than no money. I really wanted to see what would happen when a big company and a well established game app finally says no. What happens now? Yes, epic will lose some revenue, but what happens if this causes kids who play lots of fortnite to jump from apple to android?

Keep in mind, if epic's move pays off and its apple player base moves over, other companies will do the same. This would kill apples foot hold as a major player in the phone market.

lmao.

The only "monopoly" apple has is over its own products. It does NOT have a monopoly on Cell Phones nor their app market, so your argument falls flat. The term you're looking for is oligopoly for cell phones/their apps.

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

Re: Epic Games Store Freebies
Aug 28, 2020, 22:58
Re: Epic Games Store Freebies Aug 28, 2020, 22:58
Aug 28, 2020, 22:58

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 28, 2020, 12:39:
Haven't bought one thing on Windows Store and not looking to.

Forza 4 for me. Great game.

Re: Oculus Adding Facebook Account Requirement
Aug 19, 2020, 12:55
Re: Oculus Adding Facebook Account Requirement Aug 19, 2020, 12:55
Aug 19, 2020, 12:55

Beamer wrote on Aug 19, 2020, 09:57:
RabidStoat wrote on Aug 19, 2020, 09:42:
Verno wrote on Aug 19, 2020, 08:57:

What annoys me about GFE and software like it is their inability to retain the login cookie properly, I feel like every time I go to use them I have to login.

This, oh this over and over again. What is with these companies - i don't know how many times i get asked this for e.g. Riot, Origin, sometimes Steam, sometimes Epic. I know they're not all strictly web based. But for pete's sake, dont tease me with a "remember me" button and then instantly forget me. F***ers.

Combined with the need for a password that is 24 characters, not that can repeat twice or be sequential, none of which can be a word (even accidentally), must contain special characters, must be in 4 languages, and most not repeat any of your previous passwords or any password anyone else is currently using for any system globally, there's a 0% chance I remember what it is, meaning I need to reset the password every time, meaning I eventually stop bothering for things that just aren't that important, like weird drivers that shouldn't need any kind of log in security at all.

Obligatory xkcd

Re: Star Citizen/Squadron 42 and Roadmap Update
Aug 3, 2020, 19:22
Re: Star Citizen/Squadron 42 and Roadmap Update Aug 3, 2020, 19:22
Aug 3, 2020, 19:22

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 30, 2020, 19:15:
wtf_man wrote on Jul 30, 2020, 18:36:
RedEye9 wrote on Jul 30, 2020, 18:24:
Their employee salary has nothing to do with a divorce or how it is spent. They earned it, if they want to buy $325,000 Wayfair cabinets more power to em.

I wasn't even thinking of their CIG salary. I was thinking more along the lines of... if she divorced him... he'd probably tap into CIG funds, somehow, to pay her for her "accustomed lifestyle".
Everything they've done so far has been aboveboard and legal. I don't see why they would start doing something illegal now.

He married her before Starcitizen / CiG. If they divorce she stands to take 1/2 of marital assets, including SQ42/CiG. There would be no need to "tap" into the funds, half would likely be hers.

No subject
Jul 28, 2020, 12:29
No subject Jul 28, 2020, 12:29
Jul 28, 2020, 12:29

Doesn't create an issue, but occasionally when moping the mouse between pages of discussion, for a split second the mouse enlarges 3-4x the size of normal, and takes on a yellow (like the page number I'm hovering over) colour. On chrome with no apps/extensions.

Re: Shadow Warrior 3 Gameplay Trailer
Jul 12, 2020, 02:25
Re: Shadow Warrior 3 Gameplay Trailer Jul 12, 2020, 02:25
Jul 12, 2020, 02:25

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 11, 2020, 23:26:
bigspender wrote on Jul 11, 2020, 20:38:
Looksl ike they jsut tried to copy doom eternal and failed

Looks like the others in the series, what looks so bad? Looks like over the top everything.

I thought it looked much more polished and unique than the previous, maybe I'm getting old.

Re: Sony Buys Epic Stake
Jul 10, 2020, 02:33
Re: Sony Buys Epic Stake Jul 10, 2020, 02:33
Jul 10, 2020, 02:33

Kxmode wrote on Jul 10, 2020, 01:20:
Acleacius wrote on Jul 10, 2020, 00:13:
Beamer wrote on Jul 9, 2020, 22:37:
One of the VCs overseeing this actually reached out to me a month ago asking me if I wanted to buy in.

It was odd. I've never had anyone do that before. Part of me was thinking of course. Another part of me was thinking I don't have that kind of cash (he didn't mention the minimum, but I'd guess high), and 17B seems like Epic towards a peak
I'm a African Prince and have I got a deal for you's! Giggle

Are you Coming to America?

Not until you get COVID under control, it's safer in Africa.

Re: Test Drive Unlimited Solar Crown Announced
Jul 8, 2020, 11:26
Re: Test Drive Unlimited Solar Crown Announced Jul 8, 2020, 11:26
Jul 8, 2020, 11:26

HoSpanky wrote on Jul 7, 2020, 21:17:
They’ve got a lot of catch up work to do if they want to even be a shadow of Forza Horizon. Both previous TDU games had absolute garbage physics, which is sort of the entire game.

I think Test Drive Unlimited 2 provided a better feel than Forza:Horizon apart from the actual driving. TDU2 felt more like a place to explore and F:H felt like a mash of circuits put together then buildings were added. Great fun to drive around, but I think TDU2 nailed the experience outside of the driving better. The driving model was pretty bad in TDU2 and it's amazing in F:H. I just wish F:H had a better environmental/layout feeling, not that it's bad, just that TDU2 felt more enjoyable to explore and just drive around aimlessly.

Re: Satisfactory Sells 1.3 Million Copies; Steam vs Epic Games Store Breakdown
Jul 3, 2020, 18:44
Re: Satisfactory Sells 1.3 Million Copies; Steam vs Epic Games Store Breakdown Jul 3, 2020, 18:44
Jul 3, 2020, 18:44

Great game. Like a FPS factorio with a world worth exploring. Last time I checked I has 26+ miles of conveyors, 20+ miles of railways on my play through so far.

But if a billionaire video game designer can't buy his way past Steam, don't think anyone will be successful any time soon in uprooting their dominance.

Re: Chris Avellone No Longer Contributing to Dying Light 2 or Bloodlines 2 After
Jun 23, 2020, 12:59
Re: Chris Avellone No Longer Contributing to Dying Light 2 or Bloodlines 2 After Jun 23, 2020, 12:59
Jun 23, 2020, 12:59

Icewind wrote on Jun 23, 2020, 12:33:
Dacron wrote on Jun 23, 2020, 11:46:

"You could slap your secretary on the ass and she'd find it funny! These days, when you tell a woman that she's gained too much weight for you to date but you'd certainly give her a roll in the hay, she gets offended. When you tell a black man that your grandpappy used to own people like him, he gets angry. Why can't we go back to the good old days when white men could say and do whatever they wanted and everyone else had to laugh or else? We need to go back to that! Make America Great Again. For white people to not have to be polite or respectful, yet everyone else needs to towards us!"

You're buying into the stereotype that it's just a bunch of Archie Bunker types wanting to exercise 1950's white privilege, but there are just as many people of color who earnestly desire that as well.

Back in the 90s the guy ruining our receiving department was a black man who was frequently rubbing up against female employees and complimenting them on their bodies. They complained for years but he was never fired. Only when he retired and they replaced him did that end. The black guy who drove the delivery truck and dropped off our shipments was even worse. He'd call the hispanic workers in the store the "W-word".

One of the problems with folks like you is that you buy into the liberal-driven idea that all non-white people are as pure as the driven snow, but if you ever lived in a ghetto, or worked in a store located in one, you'd know better.

I'm confused. Did you mean to quote and reply to me, and messed up (what you quoted me as saying I did not...), or are you replying to someone else on the comment chain with the quote chain messed up ? I mean, if you're gonna tell me the problem with "folks like me" is why not do it under something I posted ??

Re: Chris Avellone No Longer Contributing to Dying Light 2 or Bloodlines 2 After
Jun 23, 2020, 11:46
Re: Chris Avellone No Longer Contributing to Dying Light 2 or Bloodlines 2 After Jun 23, 2020, 11:46
Jun 23, 2020, 11:46

Beamer wrote on Jun 23, 2020, 10:16:
WaltC wrote on Jun 23, 2020, 10:05:
Brynjolf wrote on Jun 23, 2020, 08:07:
What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

It's still relevant legally--but not of course in the kangaroo court of liberal politics, where only the accusation counts, and the only evidence needed is the accusation itself. Glad I grew up in a far more sane epoch...;) I even remember a time when you could tell a female an off-color joke and she'd laugh with you, imagine that--these days it's almost like complimenting a female or asking her out is some sort of "abuse"...;) Socially destructive madness.

"You could slap your secretary on the ass and she'd find it funny! These days, when you tell a woman that she's gained too much weight for you to date but you'd certainly give her a roll in the hay, she gets offended. When you tell a black man that your grandpappy used to own people like him, he gets angry. Why can't we go back to the good old days when white men could say and do whatever they wanted and everyone else had to laugh or else? We need to go back to that! Make America Great Again. For white people to not have to be polite or respectful, yet everyone else needs to towards us!"

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

/s, clearly. Crazy times we live in.

Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Passes $300M
Jun 17, 2020, 01:55
Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Passes $300M Jun 17, 2020, 01:55

Razumen wrote on Jun 17, 2020, 00:31:
Dacron wrote on Jun 16, 2020, 11:36:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 16, 2020, 00:45:
Razumen wrote on Jun 15, 2020, 20:14:
Dacron wrote on Jun 15, 2020, 20:01:
Jivaro wrote on Jun 15, 2020, 14:41:
Razumen wrote on Jun 15, 2020, 12:05:
Dacron wrote on Jun 14, 2020, 22:34:
Razumen wrote on Jun 14, 2020, 22:18:
Jivaro wrote on Jun 14, 2020, 19:50:
I have gotten my 35 dollars worth of entertainment of this game without ever being able to play it.

If you've pledged that amount in the KS you can actually download and play it.

"Play it"

There's enough gameplay and easily found footage of it online that it's clear anyone that uses an argument like yours is just a edgelord troll. Yawn.

And yet Dacron kinda nailed how I feel about it. They haven't released a playable game. I get what you are saying, I do. But it's been a long time now and what we can "play" isn't anywhere close to a release ready game. Every time you load it up something works completely different, feels completely different...whats the point in trying it if it won't be the same when the game does release? It's a moot point anyway. I only dropped 35 dollars for a reason and that reason is that a KS is not a guarantee of anything. I am not mad, like I said, this title provides endless entertainment everytime it hits the feed.

I guess to people like Razuman, glorified tech demos are games. Enough to get emotional and insultive about it. Meh, some people are easily triggered.

The rest of can see the empty shell for what it is (like he said, enough video online.) and most remember the kickstarter was for Squadron 42. They added the persistent universe BS halfway through, so no, he can't even "play it" if his intentions were like most from the kickstarter to play Squadron 42, the successor to Wing Commander. Which was suppose to come out 6 years ago.

But he think's I'm the troll. Muh.

Not as triggered as everyone that makes blatantly false claims.
The game as it is currently is far from a techdemo, buggy and incomplete, but that's any game in development. It's a tired old argument that's easily disproven from even the smallest bit of research, but they know doing so would quickly invalidate their smug stance.

Excuse my smug stance as original backer of a SINGLE PLAYER GAME expecting it to be a thing after.. my god, 7 FUCKING years since funding.

I had to google my own gmail account to find out whether I even owned the game, apparently I do. At this rate I gotta write this in my testament for whoever comes after me.

Ya, but some people think "persistent universe" was the plan as opposed to added when CR figured out he might be able to fund it. It's now taken over so much of development time/resources the originally planned game is 6 years late from its planned already.... And the "pu" and feature creep are the studios answer for the delays.

It's okay. He's angry and emotional about the state the game is in vs what it should be. There is no game. It's a loosely combined bunch of tech demos. But if he wants to "play" that let him have at it and call everyone else who disagrees a troll.

It WAS the plan, go look at the Kickstarter, it's been there this whole time.

And if you think I'M being angry and emotional about this when I'm NOT the one dropping F-bombs and simply stating facts, you must have a weird definition of those words in your head. LOL

And there certainly IS a game you can play, I have it on my PC as I speak. Any game in development could be called a "loosely combined bunch of tech demos" by anyone trying hard enough to twist the meaning of words hard enough to complain about a popular game no one is forcing them to play.

Yes, the "PU" was added at the $3 million mark. Squadron 42 was the original goal, after which was raised the pu was added, it was NEVER the plan from the start but added after the success of the KS. The KS was for the successor the Wing Commander ,not a MMORPG/FPS, altered due to its success. The studio even uses it as a reason to delay "the fans wanted X feature due to fund raising, so we delay to add more"

But if you enjoy those tech demos, good on you.

And F bombs? You realize that was another user, right ?? Or are you referring to me transcribing a comedy bit from another reply ?? You literally quoted them in your reply, it's not me. Unless you mean the bill burr skit I wrote in text, in response to SOMEONE ELSE.

Yes, you're emotional.

Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Passes $300M
Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Passes $300M Jun 17, 2020, 01:55

*double post cant delete*

Re: Hardspace: Shipbreaker Early Access Breaks Out
Jun 17, 2020, 01:40
Re: Hardspace: Shipbreaker Early Access Breaks Out Jun 17, 2020, 01:40
Jun 17, 2020, 01:40

Great game for an early release.

Tutorial can be bugged (just abandon, retry, no penalty) for certain prompts, but the premise is great and bug free (for me) after the tutorial. Floating around as a "simple" labourer taking apart space craft is immensely fun. There's only 2 classes of ship atm outside the tutorial ship, but 60+ variations. Loosely guided it's a bit of trial and error after the tutorial but is great free floating fun.Basically a zero-G puzzle game with endless replay (just moved up to to the"big" ships [50% the size of planned big ships]), that has LOTS of solutions as opposed to the typical "only one solution" from puzzle games.

For a day 1 release, aside from controls your can't bind, it is GREAT.
1165 Comments. 59 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    59  ] Older