Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dacron

Real Name Dacron   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dacron
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 2, 2005, 00:01
Total Comments 971 (Graduate)
User ID 23575

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > GTA5 the Most Successful Media Title of All Time
19. Re: GTA5 the Most Successful Media Title of All Time Apr 9, 2018, 15:21 Dacron

Frijoles wrote on Apr 9, 2018, 15:05:
Ozmodan wrote on Apr 9, 2018, 15:01:
I find it strange that a game where you play a thug is the most popular game. I have watched the kids play it and just do not see what is so enthralling about it.

I thought the same thing for a long time. No interest in a driving simulator. Finally bought it on sale. Now it's one of my top games in play time, and one of my favorite. When I'm having a crappy day, I can count on Trevor to cheer me up.

There was a great scene with that voice actor in Better Call Saul. The guy is the voice of him, but looks like Trevor as well. He was also in Westworld, and it's like watching Trevor ni the flesh.

Clip

Currently setting a record for most edited posts, 1 reply at a time.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Crew 2 in June
5. Re: The Crew 2 in June Mar 16, 2018, 14:06 Dacron

Creston wrote on Mar 16, 2018, 11:05:
Not gonna lie, I quite enjoyed tooling around in the first Crew. The missions were pretty terrible (and the story was quite possibly the worst "story" ever put into a game), but the challenges were mostly fun, and the map was fantastic.

The one thing I really hated is how freaking awful the cars handled at the start, and how you needed to level up parts massively before it actually felt like you were driving a vehicle rather than a bolt on ice. Even with almost max parts it still wasn't very good, though. (one exception: Their handling in the snow felt great. You could pull off amazing drifts in the snow. Too bad the entire snowy area was rather small.)

If this map is even bigger and the driving physics have improved, I'm probably going to be down.

I treated it as a successor to the test drive unlimited series, which had terrible driving but amazing exploration / drives to be had.

I'm not sold on the boat/plane gimmick, but like you said if the driving is solid this time and the map is as good as it was before (the grand canyon looks great in the trailer) it'll be a good game.

News Comments > Trump Calls Out Video Games
160. Re: Trump Calls Out Video Games Feb 24, 2018, 06:04 Dacron

Zoom wrote on Feb 24, 2018, 04:33:
Yep. Who needs that but the military, SWAT, and murderers ? What's wrong with a bolt action, low caliber sports rifle, meant for shooting targets in a sports club ? Oh btw here if you do own such a rifle: quite often the ammo stays at the sports club...

"This shooting sport is ok, nothing wrong with it. That shooting sport is not, it's for murderers!"

Spoken like a true fudd.

I can't wait for 3 gun season to start backup.

News Comments > Trump Calls Out Video Games
43. Re: Trump Calls Out Video Games Feb 23, 2018, 03:47 Dacron

You know what's the worst thing about AR-15s??

All the nice ones cost too much damned money.

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Free Weekend Underway
1. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Free Weekend Underway Feb 15, 2018, 20:45 Dacron

With the amount of free weekends they run why not turn it into F2P and survive off the hundreds/thousands of dollars in extra operators/skins they sell.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 1, 2018, 14:51 Dacron

Creston wrote on Feb 1, 2018, 11:17:
No more fappin' on the toilet at Amazon, I guess...

"The data shows while in the bathroom your hands move 5x faster than when you are working. We're going you to need to increase your productivity and take over control of cleaning the bathroom you've been using."

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Turning Tide North Sea Update
8. Re: Battlefield 1 Turning Tide North Sea Update Jan 31, 2018, 21:45 Dacron

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 20:53:
This update includes the TTK patch, right? I'll check it out tonight/tomorrow, hopefully.

Lower TTK?

News Comments > Insurgency: Sandstorm Trailer
7. Re: Insurgency: Sandstorm Trailer Jan 31, 2018, 21:43 Dacron

jdreyer wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 05:08:
Any plans to put drivable/flyable vehicles in this game? Still looking for a modern replacement for BF2 AIX.

It's all co-op/multiplayer, and somebody was driving at 0:24/0:26 of the trailer while passenger could shoot, I'm guessing yes.

News Comments > Respawn's Star Wars Expected in FY2020
18. Re: Respawn's Star Wars Expected in FY2020 Jan 31, 2018, 20:26 Dacron

Bundy wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 18:35:
Think there's some nostalgia coloured glasses on a lot of folks. The original series weren't actually very good movies. They were predictable, cheesy, had some very uneven acting and after the prequels, had the worst dialog in cinema. But it was a cool universe and I'm a fan of that.

The three Disney movies that we've had are considerably better, on every single metric, than the originals. And leaps and bounds better than the prequels. You can argue with me about that, but you know I'm right. I mean, come on.

Was this the game that used to be a SP game and is being rebuilt as a Destiny clone? Or am I thinking of something else

The only thing that could've saved the prequels was the supposedly planned Jar Jar Sith Lord story. That would've made it far more interesting and 10x better. But they threw it away cause Lucas was timid about Jar Jars reception, apparently.

News Comments > CIG Responds to Crytek
80. Re: CIG Responds to Crytek Jan 31, 2018, 20:05 Dacron

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 19:46:
Dacron wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 18:24:
You're busy trying to convince me CIG has a case. I DON'T CARE.
You: I don't care... and here are twenty posts explaining how much I don't care.

Me: Here's a well reasoned, articulate explanation for why I believe Crytek has a flimsy case.

You: Mummy... he's being mean.

Holy shit. You still do not get it. Have you really come this far with THAT little grasp of my point - the same thing you are trying to argue?? I mean shit, you tried calling me a troll... you were actually just projecting your insecurities ??

Because of that, I'll have to try again. JFC:

Dacron wrote on Jan 28, 2018, 18:40:
Offer any opinion you want. It is worth nothing (the nature of unfounded or partially founded opinions). We do not have all the evidence, making opinions worthless in this case. Facts/Opinions based off partial facts aren't facts/opinions worth listening to (or learning from). Opinionate away, no harm in that, I'll just laugh at those making legal conclusions from one sides opinions, and part of the evidence. They might turn out to be right in the end. But to assume so before everything is laid out is asinine and foolish.

I never said no one could offer an opinion either. I just said they were useless/worthless. And I stand by it, as NO one has access to everything here, or on youtube. Anyone deciding if CIG/Crytek has won/lost already is doing so based off partial information, and their emotions.

From making up lies in quotes to acting like a child. Learn to check your emotions kid. Are you THAT upset over the fact I won't discuss CIG with you that you'd rather stomp your feet and cry than realize what the situation is ?? That's hilarious!!!

As long as it entertains me though, and this does, I'm golden.

This comment was edited on Jan 31, 2018, 20:54.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Re: Out of the Blue Jan 31, 2018, 19:11 Dacron

Rigs wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 15:17:
Hmmm...over a ten year period and accounting for some that might be getting 'scripts out of town...doesn't seem too out of the ordinary.

Normal 'script = 180 pills/30 days * ten years (3650 days) per person comes to 10,950 pills * 2,900 people = 31,755,000 pills...err, did I do that wrong? Inquisitive

=-Rigs-=

180/30 * 3650 is 21,900, you divided by 2 months not 1.

But that's an adult dose, counting all 2,900 as adults, and assuming they were taking full dose consistently for 10 years. Except for chronic pain treatment (and pill mills)it's pretty rare to see high doses for an extended period of time.

But with a population of 2,900 that's still a lot to me. That's 2 million pills a year. If they were all adults it's just shy of 2 pills every day, for 10 years. Guessing half are adults (I don't wanna look up demographics lol *edit* My math was badly askew , 18.6% of their pop. is under 18.. I looked up the demographics lol.) , that would mean the adult population was taking ~2.45 pills a day for 10 years. The entire adult population would need to be chronic pain sufferers to require daily doses for a decade, and that isn't very likely.

The problem of pill mills is HUGE. - The Oxycontin Express - Vanguard

This comment was edited on Jan 31, 2018, 20:28.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Turning Tide North Sea Update
6. Re: Battlefield 1 Turning Tide North Sea Update Jan 31, 2018, 18:53 Dacron

aka_STEVE wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 17:14:
since it doesn't get much advertisement - Origin just had a 2 week sale where the Premium season pass was $14.99 thru Origin store.

E-mail blue if you see stuff that isn't posted (if it wasn't posted here), news@bluesnews.com . I know I only look at origin/uplay/battle net if I'm playing a game on it so I miss every thing on them if it's not mentioned here.

News Comments > EA Financial Results
16. Re: EA Financial Results Jan 31, 2018, 18:48 Dacron

Kxmode wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 16:25:
It is possible to simultaneously like and be disappointed by something.

There's a great joke about every guys "performance" with a woman (or man, it is 2018!) in high school there.

75. Re: CIG Responds to Crytek Jan 31, 2018, 18:41 Dacron

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 18:40:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 18:09:

PS - I tried to look up the word 'thinkiong' but all I could find was a Facebook page for some random guy in Malaysia.
Major derpage
It means sad troll is sad.

Well that would certainly explain your lack of comprehension of the English language, huh.

73. Re: CIG Responds to Crytek Jan 31, 2018, 18:24 Dacron

Dacron wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 17:50:
I look forward to you continuing to try and discuss this case with me, so I can laugh at your inability to read simple English.

I produced a reasoned justification for why Crytek's claim doesn't have merit; you rolled around like a one legged leper in an industrial tumble dryer.

Holy shit. You still do not get it. This is a travesty of the education system. I am now certain you cannot comprehend English properly, not joking, not being a fun loving jerk anymore, dead serious. Have you really come this far with THAT little grasp of my point - the same thing you are trying to argue??

Because of that, I'll have to try again. JFC:

Dacron wrote on Jan 28, 2018, 18:40:
Offer any opinion you want. It is worth nothing (the nature of unfounded or partially founded opinions). We do not have all the evidence, making opinions worthless in this case. Facts/Opinions based off partial facts aren't facts/opinions worth listening to (or learning from). Opinionate away, no harm in that, I'll just laugh at those making legal conclusions from one sides opinions, and part of the evidence. They might turn out to be right in the end. But to assume so before everything is laid out is asinine and foolish.

I never said no one could offer an opinion either. I just said they were useless/worthless. And I stand by it, as NO one has access to everything here, or on youtube. Anyone deciding if CIG/Crytek has won/lost already is doing so based off partial information, and their emotions.

ANYTHING you post, in support of CIG or Crytek (LOL that'll happen) does not matter. You DO NOT have all of the pertinent information. They haven't even been to discovery yet ffs.

You're busy trying to convince me CIG has a case. I DON'T CARE. Your opinion on it is worthless as you do not have ALL the information (just like mine on this! It's not about being anti-you/CIG).

So, continue to draw legal conclusions from partial evidence. I'll just keep laughing. You keep trying to convince me CIG has a case: I don't care if they do or not. People are NOT capable of making accurate conclusions from partial evidence was all I said, and what set the CIG white knights off to argue with me about details not related to my point, on stuff I said I won't discuss as it's pointless. A seemingly emotional bunch.

PS - I tried to look up the word 'thinkiong' but all I could find was a Facebook page for some random guy in Malaysia.

Well you get a gold star for finding a typo. Now all you need to do is learn to understand the language you're attempting to correct me in. I'll hide a few more in my posts so you can feel accomplished at something. You can pretend they are steam achievements!

You can stick with your insults and trying to spot typos, I'll ride this merry go around until you get it, no sweat off my back.

This comment was edited on Jan 31, 2018, 19:40.

70. Re: CIG Responds to Crytek Jan 31, 2018, 17:50 Dacron

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 14:32:

Translation: I'm too lazy to have an opinion but I'll throw my toys out of the pram if anyone else has an opinion.

This is precious now.

Because I won't discuss what YOU want, while you entered into something different I'm discussing, I'm lazy? You must think your opinion means fuck all that I should just start a discussion with you because you want it - even though I explicitly said no.

You're the type to walk up to coworkers talking about cars, interrupt and start talking about dungeons and dragons, aren't you ? Or do you just hop in with Star Citizen ?

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 14:32:
I admitted I I was wrong to make legal conclusions without all the facts. I apologize for acting like a child and quoting things you did not say. My bad.

THANK you, that's all I asked.

Because that's how you want to play... right ?? I look forward to you continuing to try and discuss this case with me, so I can laugh at your inability to read simple English. I'm just going to laugh at you, reply to your childish, trollish bullshit until you decide to discuss with what I a said, or fuck off.

This comment was edited on Jan 31, 2018, 18:09.

65. Re: CIG Responds to Crytek Jan 31, 2018, 12:59 Dacron

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 11:47:
For someone who's not interested in the specifics you sure have expended a lot of time and energy commenting on the matter.

I haven't spend any energy or time on the specifics of this case. Pretty sure I've mentioned it on nearly every reply (Is reading comprehension THAT difficult for you???). You've spent plenty needlessly talking to yourself which I've ignored as you can't grasp the fact I'm not discussing it.

For all your comments have been critical of CIG and supportive of Crytek REGARDLESS of the evidence presented

Not a single comment I made in this thread has supported either. All I've done is say you cannot draw legal conclusions without all the facts, and drew several hypothesis to support that statement. The fact you see this as support for Crytek (or anti CIG, lol) only shows how emotionally vested you are in his argument, and CIG. Pretty obvious where your bias lies.

As I said, a troll

No, you did not. You said I admitted I was a troll, which was a lie on your part, as is a lie on your part saying you said troll. Again - COMPREHENSION.

Seriously kid, you can argue CIG vs Crytek all you want. You're literally talking to yourself. You CANNOT draw a legal conclusion without all the facts. That you guys are arguing against that is fucking hilarious.

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 31, 2018, 12:10:
major derpage
LOL

This comment was edited on Jan 31, 2018, 13:09.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Free Weekend
32. Re: Fallout 4 Free Weekend Jan 30, 2018, 22:35 Dacron

Fallout 3 felt like a lot of the same, was fun, but not really memorable. I played it once, forgotten mostly about it.

Fallout New Vegas I've played multiple times, and still think I would enjoy a run through. Good atmosphere in that game, will some mods it feels more like a proper post-apocalyptic world than #4 with very varied factions and locations. Plus your choices matter unlike #4.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Loot Crates Returning
3. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Loot Crates Returning Jan 30, 2018, 21:11 Dacron

Huh. It's almost like their stock (which took a hit in late Nov due to the original outage on this...) made a full recovery already.

News Comments > EA Financial Results
2. Re: EA Financial Results Jan 30, 2018, 21:05 Dacron

Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 30, 2018, 20:40:
Blah blah blah, the loot boxing of FIFA continues to make us rich, blah blah blah, we need to do more loot boxing...

Money makes the world go round.

971 Comments. 49 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo