Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Darren

Real Name Darren   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dacron
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 2, 2005, 00:01
Total Comments 891 (Graduate)
User ID 23575

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Fortnite Battle Royale Boasts 10M Players
21. Re: Fortnite Battle Royale Boasts 10M Players Oct 17, 2017, 16:53 Dacron

Doubt anyone will see this but the PSU finally kicked the bucket. $50 later, and I can play games with no worry again!  
Currently setting a record for most edited posts, 1 reply at a time.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Fortnite Battle Royale Boasts 10M Players Oct 12, 2017, 17:58 Dacron

Frijoles wrote on Oct 12, 2017, 17:49:
I made it to 2/100 by hiding for almost the entire map (the circle kept closing with me near the edge). Came out with full shield and health with 5 or so of us left. Killed a few people while the other guy built a large base, then I hid behind a tree until he came out (or destroyed my cover with rockets). I died shortly after. He was more prepared. I don't even know how to make traps. I had walls and stairs as an option. I wonder if I have to play the PvE part to unlock those.

Traps are found like weapons, at least that how I got mine. Can be placed in custom made structures or the ones found on the map already. Never got a kill with one though as the ones I found were loud (running electricity) so they were easy to avoid.

I find bush hiding to be useful. A bush covers a crouching model VERY well (I've been killed by a few that were 6 feet away).

6. Re: Fortnite Battle Royale Boasts 10M Players Oct 12, 2017, 14:10 Dacron

Creston wrote on Oct 12, 2017, 12:58:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 12, 2017, 11:00:
10 million people played in 2 weeks. Ok so it's also Free to play. So how many active players did it have at it's peak?

To be fair, I watched the trailer for it, and it looks pretty fun. Being able to build traps etc in a battle royale seems like a brilliant idea, because it's fun to turtle up against other players.

Best I've come in was 7/100 (need a new psu my pc shuts down after 15 minutes of gaming :(, was still alive at 7/100 lol), and the building portion is isn't as important then as you have lots of space, and anything being built is a beacon *A PLAYER IS HERE*.

But watching the final 2-4 guys go at it in a very small circle? It becomes insane for frenetic building and action. Guys building staircases up mountains, up building or into the air to flank, great big towers or mazes of walls - all while being shot at. A blast.

Might actually get me to try/buy PUBG when I replace my PSU.

News Comments > Police Simulator 18 This Year
122. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jul 4, 2017, 14:34 Dacron

Quinn wrote on Jul 4, 2017, 13:55:
I didn't actually mean what you think i meant I meant that there's most poverty among blacks. I should've written "On poverty, blacks are the absolute winners."...

Fair enough, I didn't want to get into this discussion, just took that comment at face value (out of context) because it's the reason I see so many people use as to justify their situation.

120. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jul 4, 2017, 12:56 Dacron

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jul 4, 2017, 12:30:
That's very flawed logic. It doesn't mean that poverty has nothing to do with it. It means that poverty alone isn't necessarily the cause. Nobody is claiming that the cause is poverty alone.

it's a cultural issue, not one of economic status (although I am not blind to it being a contributing/aggravating factor).

Quinn wrote on Jul 3, 2017, 09:40:
Poverty among blacks is the absolute winner.

It's almost like my reply was tailored for a comment, not the entire discussion. And took into account the poverty issue.

That being said, this is a cultural issue. It is aggravated by economic status, to think otherwise is foolish. If it were the main cause, the poorest whites should be the highest crime rate, no ?

117. Re: Police Simulator 18 This Year Jul 4, 2017, 12:22 Dacron

Quboid wrote on Jul 4, 2017, 11:22:
I should say, I mostly agree with RedEye9 et al. Regardless of whatever complexes they are prone to, these groups are victims and stirring things up is the only way they can get people talking.

Any successful protest movement will be unpopular with many in its day. If it was popular it wouldn't need a protest, the alternative to being unpopular is to be ignored which is what many want to do with BLM. It starts off reasonable, we'll listen as long as you're not violent. Actually no, we'll listen as long as you're not violent and you don't talk to us in the theatre. Wait no, we'll listen as long as you're non-violent, don't talk in the theatre and stand for the national anthem ... bullshit, now we're trying to find a way to ignore you. That doesn't make violence and rioting acceptable, but it does make it inevitable.

Would we be having this conversation if BLM didn't exist?

Dacron, that article is deeply flawed, disputing a point no one is making (poverty alone isn't the problem) and the blatant antisemitism isn't helpful.

All you have to do is ask for a better source. Even though everything is easily confirmed via google. I just took the first result, I am not offended by racism, antisemitism etc... when using it for the actual facts it lists.

If the source is "too racist" I can link many more confirming this.

Like these.

I am just countering the notion that poverty is the answer (directly quoted in my response.). It is a bullshit cop out, not supported by any factual data, because all you have to do is post the crime rate for the poorest people in the god damn country. So if it disproportionately effects blacks, it's a cultural issue, not one of economic status (although I am not blind to it being a contributing/aggravating factor).

This comment was edited on Jul 4, 2017, 13:33.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 4, 2017, 03:02 Dacron

Rattican wrote on Jul 4, 2017, 01:55:
Comments like "What a pathetic list of games" and "The only decent game on that list" kinda burn me up inside. I mean a lot of these games clearly showing lots of high quality work that would have taken a lot of time and effort from so many talented people. Just dismissing that so casually is very annoying as a content creator myself (just not of games).

I mean it's not high art and not every game is going to appeal to you, but the hyperbole seems a bit unnecessary if you can't appreciate an era of having so much quality entertainment available.

I use to be with it...

Make no mistake, the naysayers are of the minority. The sales figures proves it. But hey, THEY know better than the guys making financial risks on these decisions and the millions enjoying them....

115. Re: Police Simulator 18 This Year Jul 4, 2017, 02:45 Dacron

Quinn wrote on Jul 3, 2017, 09:40:
Poverty among blacks is the absolute winner.

Yet the poorest whites...

‘Yet, The violent crime rate for Appalachia in 2010 was lower than the national violent crime rate average by 56.76%’

If the source is "too racist" I can link many more confirming this.

It's not economic. It's cultural. Look at rap music that glorifies gangs, violence, drug dealing etc...

I agree 100% with the single parent aspect, but again it is cultural. if black men stopped abandoning their kids they would be FAR better off. The rate of single parent households amongst blacks is HUGE (72%). Instead of having parents to guide them, it's media, entertainment, fellow kids, and older boys in the neighborhood, all who learned what they know from other kids and their choice of media that teach them.

Imagine what life would be like if your voice of reason was someone your age as a child'/teenager vs parents/elders. I'd be dead/locked up if that were the case for me.

It's cultural, not economic. And easier to fix than making the economy magically favorable to them. But any attempts to do so is racist. Then, repeat situation ad nauseum.

This comment was edited on Jul 4, 2017, 04:33.

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Adds Tier 1 Mode
4. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Adds Tier 1 Mode Jun 29, 2017, 02:26 Dacron

Make a Rainbow Six like the original slow paced tactical shooter it use to be, with this style of a game, in a smaller map with dense, urban buildings and I'd have faith again.

Hell the only reason I have this is because it came with my graphics card.

News Comments > More on PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Success
6. Re: More on PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Success Jun 25, 2017, 22:26 Dacron

Cutter wrote on Jun 25, 2017, 21:43:
Whatever, devs struck lightning, good for them. It could have just as easily gone the other way. I wish I had that kind of luck.

Ya, them making a great playing, great looking game, topping the genre is all luck.

Salty as fuck.

News Comments > John Guthrie Leaves Valve?
6. Re: John Guthrie Leaves Valve? Jun 17, 2017, 01:55 Dacron

aka_STEVE wrote on Jun 16, 2017, 19:53:
Yeah, pretty sad.....Valve now only needs people from foreign countries to pretend to answer tech support questions & count their money rolling in from steam fees to every transaction anymore, no need for actual developers , designers or the like....

I am in the camp that firmly believes a new "orange" box is coming. Source 2 (the new source engine) is available for developers, there have been leaks of dev plans referencing a new Left4Dead, a (or a couple?) of leaked screenshots of a l4d2 level apparently redone to showcase Source 2, and it is what valve did to launch the Source engine... released a bunch of Showcase games. And with how profitable tf2/csgo are in the market and how wildly popular portal is they're basically a guaranteed a remake as well.

I've had this though since last year when the Source 2 leaks started.

Then there is Gabe confirming, this year, that Valve is working on singleplayer games.

This comment was edited on Jun 17, 2017, 02:32.

News Comments > The Evil Within 2 and Wolfenstein Leaks?
3. Re: The Evil Within 2 and Wolfenstein Leaks? Jun 11, 2017, 15:25 Dacron

I would do Wolfenstein again. Single and multiplayer. The last multiplayer version was really well done for its time, I miss it though i believe it is free now.  

News Comments > 2K Financial Results - GTA5 Passes 80M Sales
8. Re: 2K Financial Results - GTA5 Passes 80M Sales May 24, 2017, 02:13 Dacron

Tipsy McStagger wrote on May 23, 2017, 14:24:
I played 100's of hours into every GTA except for the last 2.

It's kinda weird that I didn't play the latest actually.

The singleplayer in GTA 5 was the only game to rival/top Vice City in the GTA series to me. Couldn't be bothered to finished #4, but have 100%'d #5 on ps3, and come close to a 2nd 100% on #5 on pc.

The multiplayer CAN be great, but it is hit or miss based off other players. But the singleplayer? Loved it. The gameplay, the story, the jokes.... the best GTA has done IMO, and I've played since the 2d beginnings (gouranga!). If you have a newer 6/8gb card,one of the best looking free roam games too, so much detail.

News Comments > Alan Wake Sunset Sale Underway
6. Re: Alan Wake Sunset Sale Underway May 15, 2017, 02:03 Dacron

Cram wrote on May 14, 2017, 19:24:
I found the repetitiveness of the expansion/dlc very...VERY trying (if you played it you know what I mean). But I couldn't stop, and when it was over I was wishing it would have kept on going.

What a strange game, that is the complete package. I hate it, and yet I love it.

Yes it's worth $3, and your time.

I couldn't get into the DLC, felt like a forced constant action game with mechanics that suited the slow crawl much more.

News Comments > EA Financials Reveal 19 Million BF1 Players
6. Re: EA Financials Reveal 19 Million BF1 Players May 10, 2017, 02:42 Dacron

Flak wrote on May 10, 2017, 02:08:
19 million players and yet the active player count is not that much higher than BF4. Hard to believe so many suckers paid $50+ for that...but actually now that I think about Battlefront which was pretty much the exact same soulless husk of a game that stupid asshole gamers paid a lot of money for.

BF1 (aside from Hardline...spin-off doesn't count) is the first Battlefield game I haven't purchased at launch, let alone it's launch year.

The cheapest I can find it for from a 'key' site is $35...that's a joke for the base game, I wouldn't pay more than $15 on it's best day.

Double-bonus edit: Oh, and EA can fuck right off as long as they keep fragmenting their community with their dumbass premium MAP DLCs.

I've been a die hard fan since 1942. Owned them all, some on multiple platforms.

Hardline was the last for me. I enjoyed it (not as much as the others), but it really did start the downfall of the series. I didn't even try the Star Wars one (despite being beautiful) because you could see how shallow it was from videos.

It's sad, and they're still insanely profitable over it.

News Comments > Where Does a 12M Member Crew Hang Out?
4. Re: Where Does a 12M Member Crew Hang Out? May 5, 2017, 20:31 Dacron

Creston wrote on May 5, 2017, 15:06:
The story is truly god-awful, but just skip the cutscenes and do the missions, and most of the challenges are quite fun, as are some of the achievements. (NY to LA in, I believe, 45 minutes is a cool one to try to get.)

There are some faction races that are hours long. Tour of the usa, east coast to west coast etc... absolute blast that can end in near rage if shit goes too sidewasys near the end.

News Comments > Steam Gifting Changes
21. Re: Steam Gifting Changes May 4, 2017, 18:50 Dacron

SimplyMonk wrote on May 4, 2017, 15:55:

I stopped putting effort into my points when my fellow conversation participant compared selling Porches to Video Games.

What? You mean the luxury car company with the highest profit per unit isn't comparable to video games? How can it be!

Next you'll say vacation property prices don't effect video game prices.

News Comments > ESO: Morrowind Trailer
2. Re: ESO: Morrowind Trailer May 2, 2017, 23:00 Dacron

Would've paid good money for this in a singleplayer format. Was pretty much the first free roam game, and first RPG I fell down the rabbit hole with.

All I remember from Elder scrolls online was constant load times between areas, really wouldn't do Morrowind justice IMO, even though the trailer makes the cities look GREAT. I recognized the trailer thumbnail as the landing from the very start of Morrowind before reading what it was.

Sigh. Time to start another Morrowind playthrough.

News Comments > GTA Online Tiny Racers Update & Tax Refund
2. Re: GTA Online Tiny Racers Update & Tax Refund Apr 26, 2017, 10:11 Dacron

Log in and play GTA Online on PS4, Xbox One or PC at any point between now and Sunday, April 30th to be eligible for a GTA$425K tax refund compliments of the San Andreas State Treasury Department, to be deposited in your Maze Bank account during the month of May.

Like that matters after recovering my stolen/hacked account with 4 properties, yacht, 60 cars, and 107 million dollars.

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: etc. Apr 24, 2017, 02:46 Dacron

jdreyer wrote on Apr 24, 2017, 02:06:
Video Games Aren’t Addictive.

f*** off and quit holding out on me!!! gimme some rdr!!!

891 Comments. 45 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo