Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Darren

Real Name Darren   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dacron
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 2, 2005, 00:01
Total Comments 923 (Graduate)
User ID 23575

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Chinese PUBG Cheat Creators Arrested
27. Re: etc. Jan 16, 2018, 15:33 Dacron

deqer wrote on Jan 16, 2018, 13:41:
Luke wrote on Jan 16, 2018, 12:22:
Humans fuck everything up....apes eat bananas..who is further in evolution
Apes exist to test your faith, and people like Bill Nye have clearly failed that test.

faith LOL

Currently setting a record for most edited posts, 1 reply at a time.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Trial Tomorrow
2. Re: Battlefield 1 Trial Tomorrow Jan 15, 2018, 23:06 Dacron

There's a free 10 hour trial for BF1 on Origin, trying it right now and haven't tried it since the open beta.

Haven't enjoyed a battlefield game in ages, now just to wait for a EA sale.

News Comments > ESA Rebukes President Trump
92. Re: ESA Rebukes President Trump Jan 12, 2018, 16:14 Dacron

Popcorn  

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
8. Re: Skyrim Creation Club Launches with Survival Mode Jan 4, 2018, 04:58 Dacron

Kajetan wrote on Jan 3, 2018, 21:56:
A failure of SC will NOT HAVE ANY negative impact on other crowdfunding projects.

That's a pretty bold statement.

News Comments > GTFO Trailer
8. Re: GTFO Announced Dec 9, 2017, 12:43 Dacron

From the makers of PAYDAY 2?

The same game with so much paid for DLC, they don't advertise prices for them on the Payday 2 steam store page as the dlc costs many times more than the base game?

Or the fact the DLC (heist's at least) is literally the cut planned day 1 heists (17 were planned.... later delivered as paid DLC... really wish I had cache'd links saved)

From the same group who said they would NOT do microtransactions in addition to DLCs.... only to do microtransactions and then stop when the community roasted them for being such obvious liars?

Fuck everything these guys represent. I think anybody affiliated with he choices of Payday 2 is worse than EA. EA is publicly traded, answers to the almighty dollar. The team that was responsible for Payday 2 were a bunch of sleazy greedy fucks answering to their own whims. THEY decided to fuck over gamers, as opposed to the suits at EA who answer to stock holders.

This comment was edited on Dec 9, 2017, 14:47.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Forces EA Stock Towards the Dark Side
36. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Sends EA Stock Towards the Dark Side Nov 29, 2017, 05:02 Dacron

opie wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 04:33:
Dacron wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 02:44:
Slick wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 01:54:
I think it's funny how prestigious studios like CD Projekt Red snipe EA with that cunty tweet saying: "We'll leave greed to others" while The Witcher 3 released with 2 $30 DLC content packs.

The whole thing is such a mess.

Ya, damn CD Projekt Red and their greed.

LOL.

You're fucking delusional. Glad I dropped you from Origin.

you still have Origin installed? hahaha

lol, I haven't giggled like that since I was a little girl!

32. removed Nov 29, 2017, 03:42 Dacron

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Nov 29, 2017, 08:12.

30. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Sends EA Stock Towards the Dark Side Nov 29, 2017, 03:25 Dacron

Slick wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 02:51:
Meanwhile SWBFII is giving all DLC maps away for free.

LO - fucking L.

Are you THAT DAFT? You realize we ALL KNOW why EA is releasing this for free, no ? I mean... we're commenting on their stock value dropping badly, before they released dlc for free as a desperation move to regain after their micro transaction missteps, LOL.

EA games more generous than CD projekt red. Wow. You keep shilling EA. Entertainment is needed these days.

Just wow, but I shouldn't expect less from you. All we need now is some one claiming Star Citizen is more feature complete and the bluesnews circle will be complete.

Mind you with the entire internet against them, it shouldn't be surprising Slick is trying to involve a PC eccentric developer to take the heat for console orientated, industry blasted, cheap fucks at EA he's praised for years.

But uh... thanks for the giggle?

28. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Sends EA Stock Towards the Dark Side Nov 29, 2017, 02:44 Dacron

Slick wrote on Nov 29, 2017, 01:54:
I think it's funny how prestigious studios like CD Projekt Red snipe EA with that cunty tweet saying: "We'll leave greed to others" while The Witcher 3 released with 2 $30 DLC content packs.

The whole thing is such a mess.

Ya, damn CD Projekt Red and their greed.

LOL.

You're fucking delusional. Glad I dropped you from Origin.

19. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Sends EA Stock Towards the Dark Side Nov 28, 2017, 22:33 Dacron

DukeFNukem wrote on Nov 28, 2017, 22:07:
And what's 5 years ago got to do with what's going on today? 5 years ago, micro-transactions had probably barely started. I'll admit I don't know much about stocks so I'll end with this.

Because years indicates EA's plan and ability to adhere to it. The recent drop is a direct response to the BF2 issue and potential to hurt revenue - which is a temporary distraction. A simple misstep like BF2 micro transactions/less than profitable projections is temporary, it's only effected their projections from 1 project. Their future micro transactions will not be as aggressive as BF2s to avoid public shaming and revenue loss/stick dips and life will continue. Some may lose their job, benefit or lose wages, but that's all. It's the same for most publicly traded companies - this is small bananas in the grand scheme of 'scandals'. Again, there are some smart cookies working for them - which is why the test the waters to see how much money can be extracted from us. They need to see the limits too to ensure they get the most money they can from gamers.

I'd bet by this time next year any loss is erased by gains. But then again, I look at this as an investor not a gamer. I rarely touch EA garbage despite how profitable they are. And at that, if I am wrong, the majority of investors will STILL be happy as their stock will still be up (even with an 8% loss dtd with this stuff going on, lol) and profitable sales / in the long run unless they invested in the last 6 months.

Most of this will be ancient history/a learning lesson for their next FPS release after the next madden/fifa/etc.. is released. They are a gaming powerhouse. Anyone who thinks 1 game will ruin them is ignorant at best.

Unless your investment in them is 6 months old or newer - EA has made you a lot of money. And will continue to do so.

This comment was edited on Nov 28, 2017, 22:52.

14. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Sends EA Stock Towards the Dark Side Nov 28, 2017, 21:56 Dacron

opie wrote on Nov 28, 2017, 20:49:

you have to remember, not gaining at the rate that the overall stock market is gaining is a bad thing. up 1% is bad when everyone else is up 10%... my 2 cents

also, will it meet it's earning forecast is a issue too.

Now go look at EAs 5 year history.

This is a fart in a windstorm. Any investor knows this.

10. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Sends EA Stock Towards the Dark Side Nov 28, 2017, 20:36 Dacron

yonder wrote on Nov 28, 2017, 20:23:
"down 8.5 percent month to date"

Um... yes... and up 1% in the past 5 days, down maybe 5% since the beta started, and up nearly 1% since the release of SW:BF2. It's almost as if they cherry-picked the time period to make it look relevant... I'm a passionate EA-hater, but to draw the comparison is just silly. It's up nearly 20% on the year and up nearly 7 fold in the past half-decade.

EA's doing just fine and anyone w/ a basic ability to read stock info should know better.

Then again, this *IS* CNBC, so...

That's why I don't discuss stocks online much. So much ignorance. And then you have commentors agreeing "Ya EA is fucked!" because they apparently don't realize this will reverberate within the company, and steps taken to prevent similar while maintaining increasing profits.

And by next year, this will be a minor foot note in the future plans of micro transactions for EA. A learning experience on how to push hard enough for profit, but not too hard that it backfires. Lessons cost money.

Seriously, if you don't think these guys have smarter people than you (not saying you yonder, just in general to the disparaging remarks) working for them, you're retarded. But I guess this starwars thing is gonna detract from their rock solid bottom line... you know, yearly releases of stupidly profitable sports franchises.

lol.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Free Trial Released
10. Re: Destiny 2 Free Trial Released Nov 28, 2017, 18:21 Dacron

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 28, 2017, 17:11:
Hate to be this guy. But I can't find the "Try it for Free" button for PC. Xbox and PS4 is right where you'd expect it. Where's it hiding for the PC?

It's insane. There is xbox/ps4/pc under try it now on the link, BUT, clicking the PC option brings you to the store ( https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/product/destiny2 ) with no option to trial it.

How can massive companies with so much money make such hapless blunders? Surely they had an internal test, no ?

News Comments > Get Sanctum 2 for Free
3. Re: Get Sanctum 2 for Free Nov 24, 2017, 15:00 Dacron

I got this for $2 with all DLC at some point....

It really is a decently fun game. Great waste of time - especially if you are into tower defense games. I've got 60 hours into it (I like joining new players games to help show them things) so it definitely was worth it at $2, free is a no brainer.

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Reconsidering Friendly Fire for Casual Playlists
17. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Reconsidering Friendly Fire for Casual Playlists Nov 22, 2017, 01:05 Dacron

NewMaxx wrote on Nov 21, 2017, 19:53:
Dacron wrote on Nov 21, 2017, 19:05:
Still 50% off on uplay atm, at least in my region (Canada).

Still 50% off here, too (US). I take it he meant the next time it's on sale following a free weekend (so he can try it first).

Ah good call.

I bought the starter pack... cause I'm cheap, and I do not regret it. I had unlocked moer operators in the trial than I have now (the starter pack is almost f2p with higher unlock requirements than other more expensive versions) but with the limited (2 offense, 2 defense [4] vs 9 unlocked during trial [4 offense, 5 defense]) numbers in the starter pack I'm still usually MVP or 2nd place for my team. Looking at the additional operators (the jtf 2/navy seal year 2 guys etc..., beyond the original bunch) none seem like they offer better gameplay strategies beyond the original operators, so a damn good budget purchase. IMO.

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Reconsidering Friendly Fire for Casual Playlists
15. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Reconsidering Friendly Fire for Casual Playlists Nov 21, 2017, 19:05 Dacron

Flatline wrote on Nov 21, 2017, 16:29:
Dacron wrote on Nov 21, 2017, 14:49:
NewMaxx wrote on Nov 21, 2017, 14:47:
Flatline wrote on Nov 21, 2017, 12:08:
I've been meaning to ask. Is this game worth it? 7 bucks for the freemium version and 20 bucks for the standard version are tempting.

I played in the beta and was mostly uninterested due to how far away it was getting from the older games. Later on, within its first year, I checked it out during a free weekend with some friends and I actually really liked it. Picked it up during a sale right after that with no hesitation. Was a good choice - I have about 240 hours in it now. It's not for everyone but I would strongly suggest checking it out over a free weekend before deciding (we just had one).

I found the same (and am an old school R6er). The beta was meh, left me uninterested. After this weekend I ended up buying it.

Good to know!

Apparently I missed the sale. I'll pick it up next time it goes on sale. I imagine something will happen for black friday.

Still 50% off on uplay atm, at least in my region (Canada).

12. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Reconsidering Friendly Fire for Casual Playlists Nov 21, 2017, 14:49 Dacron

NewMaxx wrote on Nov 21, 2017, 14:47:
Flatline wrote on Nov 21, 2017, 12:08:
I've been meaning to ask. Is this game worth it? 7 bucks for the freemium version and 20 bucks for the standard version are tempting.

I played in the beta and was mostly uninterested due to how far away it was getting from the older games. Later on, within its first year, I checked it out during a free weekend with some friends and I actually really liked it. Picked it up during a sale right after that with no hesitation. Was a good choice - I have about 240 hours in it now. It's not for everyone but I would strongly suggest checking it out over a free weekend before deciding (we just had one).

I found the same (and am an old school R6er). The beta was meh, left me uninterested. After this weekend I ended up buying it.

10. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Reconsidering Friendly Fire for Casual Playlists Nov 21, 2017, 14:24 Dacron

Flatline wrote on Nov 21, 2017, 12:05:
RedEye9 wrote on Nov 21, 2017, 10:20:
W/out friendly fire how can the griefers grief.

Stand in spawn point choke points. It's why in Left 4 Dead you could pass through your teammates.

Flashbangs, placeable shield blocking, blocking with door barricades, ruining strat with extra door barricades, ruining teamates dropped items with electric wire / placing other items / not needed reinforcements, shooting teamates items...

Shit I only played the beta / recent free weekend and I could come up with that.

News Comments > Unlock All Star Wars Battlefront II Characters in 24 Hours
38. Re: Unlock All Star Wars Battlefront II Characters in 24 Hours Nov 20, 2017, 19:18 Dacron

Beamer wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 17:30:
Buzzwords. Do you even know what marketing is, or mid-level management?
This was from the guy claiming to be a bartender who didn't know what serving a drink up meant, so I'm guessing no. You just use buzzwords to justify what you believe.

Pretty sure he said he owned that bar as well, so naturally he "marketed" and "businessed" the hell out of it.

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Free Weekend Underway
2. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Free Weekend Underway Nov 16, 2017, 21:50 Dacron

Rhett wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 21:00:
A lot of free weekends for this lately, it seems like?

I wish they'd get back to their roots and add more co-op stuff though. The MP is pretty frustrating, but I'd still like to play it.

There is single / co-op terrorist hunt (PvE) in this.

923 Comments. 47 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo