Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Darren

Real Name Darren   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dacron
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 2, 2005, 00:01
Total Comments 806 (Graduate)
User ID 23575

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Starbound This Month
3. Re: Starbound This Month Jul 9, 2016, 03:13 Dacron

Hope they extend the single player campaign. I was a very early adopter, I reinstalled to see the progress on the "campaign" about 4 months ago (maybe ~2 years after initial steam release/greenlight?), and was impressed compared to the original from the initial purchase time.

Only thing is I hope they've vastly expanded the number of missions for the final release candidate, because for a crafting style game the missions. The recent ones, not the "originals" from 2 years ago) were a LOT of fun to seek out and finish. Ages different from the original Steam release. Unlike most RPGs each world felt so different, the inhabitants etc... the basic procedure generation felt more advanced than skyrims (though the 2d vs 3d helped give feeling to the 2d world "type" compared to 3d)

This comment was edited on Jul 9, 2016, 04:49.

Currently setting a record for most edited posts, 1 reply at a time.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > CS: GO Gambling Scam
30. Re: CS: GO Gambling Scam Jul 5, 2016, 09:42 Dacron

Bub wrote on Jul 5, 2016, 07:26:
This whole buy chances to get something thing needs to bet nipped in the bud before it creeps its way into day to day commerce. Imagine having to buy at least 50 chances for a Big Mac at 25 cents a chance in order to be reasonably secure in getting your lunch.

If it was Five Guys Burgers I might be willing.

News Comments > Different Steam Top 10
30. Re: Different Steam Top 10 Jul 1, 2016, 13:22 Dacron

{PH}88fingers wrote on Jun 20, 2016, 16:39:
Dacron wrote on Jun 20, 2016, 15:49:
I'm waiting on Source 2's release, not Half Life 3 (likely coming together). With Source 2 comes the new generation of mods "ported straight out of quake", which should be a long awaited update of some of the most popular PC multiplayer titles.

? What does this mean? Not like they are going to be releasing the Source code to their engine. Source 2 is already here. Dota2 was rebuilt on Source2 and that's why it was called "dota reborn" for a while when it was news

No, they will release SDK and full modding tools, allowing the creation of games WHEN the engine is released, as Valve has planned the whole time (any Source 2 game must be listed for sale on Steam).

Unreal 4? That is here, available to make games on. Source 2 is only available if you're valve atm. When Source 2 is released to the wild, it (IMO) will be launched beside the new iterations of cs, portal, l4d etc... boosting it's popularity massively, as they will be tech demos for other developers.

I'm more interested what the new engine brings us when it is released to the public than HL3 is all.

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 3 Hint?
18. Re: Left 4 Dead 3 Hint? Jul 1, 2016, 13:10 Dacron

Xero wrote on Jul 1, 2016, 08:49:
I would soooo be all over this. Heck, I'd be all over L4D2 I think if it was on an updated engine at this point. I do miss my L4D fix. Played the hell out of both games.

You got to admit though, nowadays, Source looks like arse. I still remember when Source was first shown as a tech demo and it blew everyone's mind. I showed a buddy and he immediately dropped his console stuff to join the PC world. He never looked back since.

Source 2 Left 4 Dead, apparently...

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 3 Hint?
5. Re: Left 4 Dead 3 Hint? Jun 30, 2016, 22:02 Dacron

It'll all drop together.

CS, L4D, DoD, Portal. One could hope Episode 3 / HL3.

Huge money makers, all pointless for another sequel on the same engine, it's dated and showing it. Tough to release a triple-A game looking as dated as Source does. Will be the premier games for "Source 2" to drive developers to it, to cement Valves next 10 years of massive sales (on top of steam).

I like the "3" hint in the Source 2 VR demo though. They erased "3" from the phone. Sorry for bad pic best stand alone i can find.

Source 2 vr lab

This comment was edited on Jun 30, 2016, 22:09.

News Comments > Different Steam Top 10
11. Re: Different Steam Top 10 Jun 20, 2016, 15:49 Dacron

I'm waiting on Source 2's release, not Half Life 3 (likely coming together). With Source 2 comes the new generation of mods "ported straight out of quake", which should be a long awaited update of some of the most popular PC multiplayer titles.  

News Comments > Quoteworthy: Microsoft on Returning to Steam
15. Re: Quoteworthy: Microsoft on Returning to Steam Jun 18, 2016, 14:09 Dacron

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 18, 2016, 13:52:
If true... MS acquisition forthcoming.

The one thing that could kill steam.

News Comments > Next Week's Steam Summer Sale Confirmed?
34. Re: Next Week's Steam Summer Sale Confirmed? Jun 16, 2016, 14:41 Dacron

Heh, anyone know of a game with a 5 hour total I can buy cheap??

"1332 continuous hours
55 days,12 hours,15 minutes"

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 15, 2016, 16:26 Dacron

jdreyer wrote on Jun 15, 2016, 13:34:
The Half Elf wrote on Jun 15, 2016, 09:44:
Got my theme music set.

Taking my GED in a few hours. BREAK OUT THE PRAYER BEADS AND BUDDAH!

Good luck man! Also, it's spelled "Buddha." No trying to be a spelling Nazi, but I don't want you to get it wrong if it's on the test!

Yep, the kids refer to their pot extractions as "buddah" or "budder", could really turn some eyes to a younger crowd with that version.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
45. Re: Windows 10 red X now does the upgrade Jun 5, 2016, 20:33 Dacron

He also gets some of his information from people going to tech support. Generally a knowledgeable group on what works best.

But yes, the users who set up the OS to their preference (by disabling options in settings.) are some how beta testers. God forbid customization.

Win 10 icons
Win 7 icons

I must be blind, they don't look like "they were designed by a 9 year old using Paint." to me. They look just in line (and in some cases identical...) to all other microsoft icons.

I'll enjoy my increased performance, and easily disabled "malware" from the OS, while you remain bitter and angry (insultive really) over the company who made it.

This comment was edited on Jun 5, 2016, 20:46.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
14. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 5, 2016, 18:06 Dacron

Ban shredded cheese.

Make America grate again.

42. Re: Windows 10 red X now does the upgrade Jun 5, 2016, 12:23 Dacron

jdreyer wrote on Jun 4, 2016, 17:23:
Nice summary, thanks.

Any compatibility issues so far?

Out of all my games, peripherals, hardware and programs, only CSGO had any issue, everything else worked 100% after the install. CSGO loads a black screen for 30 seconds before it actually loads. It is loaded in system menu, and can be sped up by hitting windows key (exits to window, shows csgo running, click on it it loads instantly instead of waiting) on the first black screen. It is a bug related to csgo and SOME (not all, or many in fact) win10 users. I am the only guy out of the group I play with on win10 to have this issue.

As for the other remarks, I use the win10 calculator daily, and I have never been asked to rate it (or any other program). I have never had a pop up in win10. The start menu is ages better, but it takes a day or two for it to list frequently used programs (You can edit/add/remove them manually), as well as right clicking it for different breakdown of the menus, hell you can uninstall programs from their start menu shortcut. The desktop icons are the same as win7 (I have no clue how that could be mentioned... the recycle bin is now square instead of round, but its art style/transparency/color us identical to win7.). Hibernate is laptop only. I do not have the options for it (as I am on a PC) and the other single hybrid option is disabled by default. It still starts, logs off, restarts, sleeps etc. FAR faster than win7 without hibernation, since I don't even have the option to enable it. (non-SSD)

Every claim I've heard against win10 is unfounded, usually spurred by the aggressive advertising/forcing it on people. I was on xp for 11 years. I don't like changing OS's. But win10 is such an improvement (with NO downsides once you disable calling to home.) I used win7 for 3 years before dropping it.

I haven't seen a single fault against win10 other than the privacy issues (which is fixed by clicking 10 boxes) and my csgo bug.

This comment was edited on Jun 5, 2016, 13:09.

News Comments > Free GOG.com Copies of Some Steam Games
40. Re: Free GOG.com Copies of Some Steam Games Jun 4, 2016, 12:32 Dacron

Ya I don't even want to sell the games in my account I haven't played in 7+ years. It's like a hoarding condition.... "Hrmmm I might play this some day. If I (delete/sell) it now I wont be able to play it one time again in the future if I ever have the unlikely desire to!"

37. Re: Windows 10 red X now does the upgrade Jun 4, 2016, 11:46 Dacron

VaranDragon wrote on Jun 4, 2016, 03:17:

QUOTED FOR TRUTH. (Sorry about caps but it had to be done)

Also, these people who have been saying that Windows 10 is a vast improvement over 7. How? How is it an improvement??? None of you in this thread have posted one single fucking shred of evidence of this, not even an argument to support your claims. You have the gall to call Win10 a better OS than 7 and yet MS keeps pulling their shady douchbaggery day in day out...

Wow, you seem mad.

It - starts up faster, sleeps faster, restarts faster, logs in faster, logs off faster, uses (by my systems resources) less resources, has a far better search, better restore, has standard programs that meant I don't need to install secondary programs to support certain peripherals, supports smart searches (I have disabled - cortana), FAR better settings menu/options, more accessibility options for frequently used programs, you can still use win7 style menus for most settings too for those adverse to change.

It's like people were expecting it to make you coffee and blow you in the morning (That'll be win22 when AI is better, though a poor attitude may cost you the blow.). Those improvements are a MASSIVE improvement over the previous OS. I am sorry you'd rather insult than look at it objectively because you dislike their douchbaggery.

This comment was edited on Jun 4, 2016, 12:33.

21. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 3, 2016, 17:13 Dacron

I only ditched Win XP in 2012 for Win7 and only because it came with a rig. I don't like to change from a good, working OS.

Got Win10 in 2015, and it is much better than Win7. A few things to get use to (that you can actually re-enable if you want a more old school vibe), but once you learn the few changes that make a big difference, it's a vast improvement over Win7.

News Comments > Hard Reset Redux Released
3. Re: Hard Reset Redux Released Jun 3, 2016, 11:38 Dacron

LOC wrote on Jun 3, 2016, 11:37:
No, I'm pretty sure they added the Cyber Katana for this new release of the game. I mean, they mention it in the announcement and all, but I'm also pretty sure the game didn't have a Katana in the original version like you said.

Yes but the pretty moving pictures with sounds distracted me!

Yeah, my bad for not reading, heh.

News Comments > Hard Reset Redux Released
1. Re: Hard Reset Redux Released Jun 3, 2016, 11:19 Dacron

Did they add the Katana from Shadow Warrior or did I just not use it in Hard reset?  

News Comments > The Sims 4 Expands Gender Options
8. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 3, 2016, 02:01 Dacron

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Jun 3, 2016, 00:54:

How much do chromosomes really matter though -- beyond reproduction -- when we assess male-ness or female-ness?

Whenever I see strangers in public, my brain is constantly sorting them as male or female, without even thinking about it. Yet I've never once needed to ask for chromosomal verification in order to make that assessment and classification. Given that something like 1 in 200 people have some sort of chromosomal abnormality, it seems rather specious to insist the chromosomes determine our perception of gender. Hell, unless you've had children, or have had some sort of testing done, you can only make assumptions about what your own chromosomes actually look like. (They're probably normal, but maybe you're that 1 in 200.)

I called a female cashier "sir" today at the checkout. To be fair she had very short hair and her back was towards me, but boy does that make you feel dumb.

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Release Window Narrowed
30. Re: Titanfall 2 Release Window Narrowed Jun 3, 2016, 00:57 Dacron

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 2, 2016, 14:29:
ForgedReality wrote on Jun 2, 2016, 13:24:
MajorD wrote on Jun 2, 2016, 11:34:
Wow, I didn't realize the first one was good enough to justify a 2nd.

It's been planned to be a trilogy for a long time.

Differences between planned and reality, thinks of half life 3.

And with the confirmed development of Source 2, anyone who thinks Valve ISNT working on the next CS, DoD, L4D, HL, Portal etc... is crazy.

They don't pander to advertising/garnering attention, nor are they under ANY sort of time/budget crunch (they're a multi billion dollar business at this point.). They're Valve/Steam, the week they pre-sale it, it'll likely crush GTA 5's record for sales. Without ANY major advertising (They pretty much OWN PC digital delivery...). They already shot themselves in the foot with the "quicker released episodes" so don't expect a peep until it's gone gold.

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Release Window Narrowed
8. Re: Titanfall 2 Release Window Narrowed Jun 2, 2016, 11:13 Dacron

SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 2, 2016, 10:55:
VaranDragon wrote on Jun 2, 2016, 10:32:
Oh look, its a Call of Duty clone with some mechs, sorta. Meh.
What else did you expect?

A duke 3d esque cartoon-serious shooter game with RPG elements, side scroller parts, heavy adventure overtones, a racing section with upgrades, it'll make my dick bigger, cutting edge graphics, 1000's of hours of game play, and only cost $30, cause new PC games should only cost $30.

(Not trying to poke fun of anyone in particular, just parts of the PC gaming culture)

806 Comments. 41 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo