Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Darren

Real Name Darren   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dacron
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 2, 2005, 00:01
Total Comments 817 (Graduate)
User ID 23575

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation
106. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 24, 2016, 20:49 Dacron

{PH}88fingers wrote on Aug 24, 2016, 20:32:
yeah I wouldn't wish his death but he is clearly a little man with an agenda, and his posts about other people being 'not nice people' is hilarious considering the source.

Ya, I just found it amusing he is so blinded by hate, he turned into the same type of person he accused Derek of being. Good thing no one lets their emotions come into play :p

Currently setting a record for most edited posts, 1 reply at a time.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

104. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 24, 2016, 19:36 Dacron

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Aug 23, 2016, 14:16:
He is a hateful little man, envious of anyone more capable than himself (i.e. everyone). The world would be a better place if he crawled off and died in a ditch.

The irony at calling someone a "little man", but being so upset by them they wished their death.

64. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 21, 2016, 12:20 Dacron

Well... it's cryengine. If it didn't look GREAT they are hacks.

But.... where's all the space gameplay? This looks like a FPS in space, where the loading screens are just the ships flying from spot to spot.

News Comments > Deus Ex Mankind Divided Reviews
14. Re: Deus Ex Mankind Divided Reviews Aug 19, 2016, 11:49 Dacron

nin wrote on Aug 19, 2016, 10:50:
Jagacademy wrote on Aug 19, 2016, 10:49:
Does it have a lame cover system like the prior one, where you press a button, and are glued to an object?

Were you required to use that in the last one?

Not for me. I have never used the cover system (except for the tutorial for some reason for the 2 guys coming down the stairs) and am on my 3rd play through. Stealth and action and combined styles.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Released
17. Re: No Man's Sky Released Aug 12, 2016, 21:19 Dacron

Pigeon wrote on Aug 12, 2016, 21:02:
dubfanatic wrote on Aug 12, 2016, 20:22:
Pigeon wrote on Aug 12, 2016, 19:48:
Very unfortunate. I remember thinking it looked neat way back when, but wondered what they'd do to keep the concept interesting past a few hours. From what I hear they did nothing.

Hold up, So what you're saying is... This is the Black & White of the 2010s?

Or Spore, take your pick.

I think both those games failed to come close to the DNF 14+ year hype.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Launch & Workarounds
45. Re: No Man's Sky Launch & Workarounds Aug 12, 2016, 16:40 Dacron

jdreyer wrote on Aug 12, 2016, 15:54:
warmbluelasers wrote on Aug 12, 2016, 15:32:
Console port trash. I hope the check from Sony was fat.

Arguably, the game would never have been released without all that money. Perhaps in time this will shape up for PC, and become a fun game.

In interviews they've said No Mans Sky was funded 100% by themselves (original dev team) and that Sony picked up all the marketing/distribution for it.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Specs and Preloads
15. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Specs and Preloads Aug 12, 2016, 00:52 Dacron

This might be the game to get me to ditch the 660ti for a 1080 gtx.  

News Comments > No Man's Sky is Very Very Chill
62. Re: No Man's Sky is Very Very Chill Aug 9, 2016, 22:33 Dacron

Quboid wrote on Aug 9, 2016, 16:16:
is a similarly bad problem as games like The Witcher 3 repeating a few different faces amongst many NPCs?

Didn't W3 have a video slider to increase crowd differences? I thought you could have a lot of unique NPCs.

News Comments > Star Citizen Alpha 2.5 Nears
21. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 2.5 Nears Aug 7, 2016, 21:41 Dacron

SlimRam wrote on Aug 7, 2016, 20:47:
I played the last free week and I had fun with the Arena Commander thingy where you just shot down the A.I. ships. The combat, to me anyway, is waaaaaaay better than Elite, hands down. The ship feels good with a joystick now. When I played before, the handling seemed to be off a bit, but it seems they have that nailed down now. When I tried to play in the PU and do some of the missions the lag was pretty extreme though. My comp is middle-road at best but it was just disappointing that I couldn't really play with the other people that much. I have to say also that the people that I met online there were nice and helpful too. You can see SO MUCH potential with this game, I just wish they had more to show.

Almost every complaint of EDs combat comes from not knowing how to turn off the assist, so you can spin freely and basically instantly, as opposed the bus feeling with it on. Not all though.

News Comments > PC No Man's Sky Three Day Delay; Server Wipe Plans
38. Re: PC No Man's Sky Three Day Delay; Server Wipe Plans Aug 7, 2016, 11:26 Dacron

Quinn wrote on Aug 7, 2016, 05:46:
I was looking forward to this game, simply because there was nothing in the near future to look forward to. Then I realized the new Deus Ex releases this month too. No longer looking forward to this empty promise that is NMS.

Somehow I thought Deus Ex wasn't going to be released until somewhere in 2017. I'm ecstatic!

I am stupidly excited for this. Hasn't been a release in over a year that I've wanted more.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Weapons Trailer
9. Re: Battlefield 1 Weapons Trailer Aug 5, 2016, 13:33 Dacron

DangerDog wrote on Aug 5, 2016, 13:16:
There was a battle in WWI where professional British soldiers went up against Germans and the Germans thought they were using machine guns but in actuality they were using bolt action rifles. I forget how fast they were in getting shots down range but it was an impressive number.

Even if they load this down with cosmetic micro-transactions it's still going to be worth getting. I wonder if you can still buy EA games on the cheap using a proxy to Mexico.

The mad minute. We use to drill/shoot surplus longbranch enfields as kids (cadets/in the bush), great fun.

The fast-operating Lee bolt-action and 10-round magazine capacity enabled a well-trained rifleman to perform the "mad minute" firing 20 to 30 aimed rounds in 60 seconds, making the Lee–Enfield the fastest military bolt-action rifle of the day. Several First World War accounts tell of British troops repelling German attackers who subsequently reported that they had encountered machine guns, when in fact it was simply a group of well-trained riflemen armed with SMLE Mk III rifles

Enfield wiki for source

This comment was edited on Aug 5, 2016, 13:52.

News Comments > Starbound This Month
3. Re: Starbound This Month Jul 9, 2016, 03:13 Dacron

Hope they extend the single player campaign. I was a very early adopter, I reinstalled to see the progress on the "campaign" about 4 months ago (maybe ~2 years after initial steam release/greenlight?), and was impressed compared to the original from the initial purchase time.

Only thing is I hope they've vastly expanded the number of missions for the final release candidate, because for a crafting style game the missions. The recent ones, not the "originals" from 2 years ago) were a LOT of fun to seek out and finish. Ages different from the original Steam release. Unlike most RPGs each world felt so different, the inhabitants etc... the basic procedure generation felt more advanced than skyrims (though the 2d vs 3d helped give feeling to the 2d world "type" compared to 3d)

This comment was edited on Jul 9, 2016, 04:49.

News Comments > CS: GO Gambling Scam
30. Re: CS: GO Gambling Scam Jul 5, 2016, 09:42 Dacron

Bub wrote on Jul 5, 2016, 07:26:
This whole buy chances to get something thing needs to bet nipped in the bud before it creeps its way into day to day commerce. Imagine having to buy at least 50 chances for a Big Mac at 25 cents a chance in order to be reasonably secure in getting your lunch.

If it was Five Guys Burgers I might be willing.

News Comments > Different Steam Top 10
30. Re: Different Steam Top 10 Jul 1, 2016, 13:22 Dacron

{PH}88fingers wrote on Jun 20, 2016, 16:39:
Dacron wrote on Jun 20, 2016, 15:49:
I'm waiting on Source 2's release, not Half Life 3 (likely coming together). With Source 2 comes the new generation of mods "ported straight out of quake", which should be a long awaited update of some of the most popular PC multiplayer titles.

? What does this mean? Not like they are going to be releasing the Source code to their engine. Source 2 is already here. Dota2 was rebuilt on Source2 and that's why it was called "dota reborn" for a while when it was news

No, they will release SDK and full modding tools, allowing the creation of games WHEN the engine is released, as Valve has planned the whole time (any Source 2 game must be listed for sale on Steam).

Unreal 4? That is here, available to make games on. Source 2 is only available if you're valve atm. When Source 2 is released to the wild, it (IMO) will be launched beside the new iterations of cs, portal, l4d etc... boosting it's popularity massively, as they will be tech demos for other developers.

I'm more interested what the new engine brings us when it is released to the public than HL3 is all.

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 3 Hint?
18. Re: Left 4 Dead 3 Hint? Jul 1, 2016, 13:10 Dacron

Xero wrote on Jul 1, 2016, 08:49:
I would soooo be all over this. Heck, I'd be all over L4D2 I think if it was on an updated engine at this point. I do miss my L4D fix. Played the hell out of both games.

You got to admit though, nowadays, Source looks like arse. I still remember when Source was first shown as a tech demo and it blew everyone's mind. I showed a buddy and he immediately dropped his console stuff to join the PC world. He never looked back since.

Source 2 Left 4 Dead, apparently...

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 3 Hint?
5. Re: Left 4 Dead 3 Hint? Jun 30, 2016, 22:02 Dacron

It'll all drop together.

CS, L4D, DoD, Portal. One could hope Episode 3 / HL3.

Huge money makers, all pointless for another sequel on the same engine, it's dated and showing it. Tough to release a triple-A game looking as dated as Source does. Will be the premier games for "Source 2" to drive developers to it, to cement Valves next 10 years of massive sales (on top of steam).

I like the "3" hint in the Source 2 VR demo though. They erased "3" from the phone. Sorry for bad pic best stand alone i can find.

Source 2 vr lab

This comment was edited on Jun 30, 2016, 22:09.

News Comments > Different Steam Top 10
11. Re: Different Steam Top 10 Jun 20, 2016, 15:49 Dacron

I'm waiting on Source 2's release, not Half Life 3 (likely coming together). With Source 2 comes the new generation of mods "ported straight out of quake", which should be a long awaited update of some of the most popular PC multiplayer titles.  

News Comments > Quoteworthy: Microsoft on Returning to Steam
15. Re: Quoteworthy: Microsoft on Returning to Steam Jun 18, 2016, 14:09 Dacron

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 18, 2016, 13:52:
If true... MS acquisition forthcoming.

The one thing that could kill steam.

News Comments > Next Week's Steam Summer Sale Confirmed?
34. Re: Next Week's Steam Summer Sale Confirmed? Jun 16, 2016, 14:41 Dacron

Heh, anyone know of a game with a 5 hour total I can buy cheap??

"1332 continuous hours
55 days,12 hours,15 minutes"

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 15, 2016, 16:26 Dacron

jdreyer wrote on Jun 15, 2016, 13:34:
The Half Elf wrote on Jun 15, 2016, 09:44:
Got my theme music set.

Taking my GED in a few hours. BREAK OUT THE PRAYER BEADS AND BUDDAH!

Good luck man! Also, it's spelled "Buddha." No trying to be a spelling Nazi, but I don't want you to get it wrong if it's on the test!

Yep, the kids refer to their pot extractions as "buddah" or "budder", could really turn some eyes to a younger crowd with that version.

817 Comments. 41 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo