Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dacron

Real Name Dacron   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dacron
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 2, 2005, 00:01
Total Comments 986 (Graduate)
User ID 23575

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Refund Refusals
34. Re: Star Citizen Refund Refusals Jul 15, 2018, 20:12 Dacron

wtf_man wrote on Jul 15, 2018, 20:05:
If you pledged a shitload and bought a bunch of ships... well... your a dumbass.

Anyone goin to take it ??

Currently setting a record for most edited posts, 1 reply at a time.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Patches
5. Re: Sunday Patches Jul 2, 2018, 10:20 Dacron

NasWulf wrote on Jul 2, 2018, 08:53:
No one cares what people post on bluesnews.

Really makes anything you post irrelevant, no?

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
14. Re: Saturday Interviews Jul 1, 2018, 21:57 Dacron

I don't know what the article is talking about nothing you did in GTA: 5 changed the world significantly.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
4. Re: Saturday Metaverse Jul 1, 2018, 13:05 Dacron

HoSpanky wrote on Jun 30, 2018, 10:58:
As for the Bitcoin value loss...I wonder if anyone is truly surprised. It was never a currency, itís a collectible. Similar to Beanie Babies, except these all look the same, and donít have a physical housing at all. Itís a game of hot potato that people are playing with their life savings, and anyone who didnít already sell is now constantly losing money. And in the end, they wonít even have a cute stuffed hippo to put on display and say ďthat lost me my retirement fundĒ.

2 years ago I tried to tell friends investing in legal, tsx listed marijuana companies as they launched (in the low $2/3 range) would be the best financial move (gamble if you want) in our recent lifetime. They opted for crypto currencies (@ 6k or so.) yelling "they'll be worth 100k soon!".

I saw them posting their "7% gain this month yea!!" posts and just laughed, they never publish their losses. After 2 years I sold my pot stocks for better long term investments. Netted a paltry 900%-1400% on them in 2 years. God damn did I laugh at my buddies, who ALL lost on cryptos, not counting the electricity used mining the newer useless cryptos.

News Comments > On Sale
11. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jun 30, 2018, 21:13 Dacron

jdreyer wrote on Jun 23, 2018, 02:26:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jun 22, 2018, 20:46:
I seem to remember the Factorio devs saying they don't do sales. So, wouldn't expect to pick that one up cheaper.

Same thing goes for Rimworld.

From a steam review: "This game is so good, I've waited 5 years for it to be on sale. I gave up."

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jun 22, 2018, 21:26 Dacron

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jun 22, 2018, 20:46:
I seem to remember the Factorio devs saying they don't do sales. So, wouldn't expect to pick that one up cheaper.

https://www.factorio.com/faq

Are you planning to participate in Steam sales or Bundles?

No. The price we ask is what we consider a fair price for the game.

News Comments > Trials Rising Announced
3. Re: Trials Rising Announced Jun 12, 2018, 13:26 Dacron

Beamer wrote on Jun 12, 2018, 11:10:
xXStellarDadXx wrote on Jun 12, 2018, 10:23:
I always liked Trials but damn does it get brutal in the later levels...

I've only played the mobile versions, which are part of why I rarely play mobile games. What cynical trash.

It really needs a console / pc with a decent controller. You need to have really good throttle control to do most, and a keyboard with on/off buttons or mobile just can't do it.

That being said, the old ones were an amazing game to play in groups. The stuff that happens from run to run is always unexpected (how the hell did you do that?!), are pretty short so controller can be tossed quickly, and have so many levels for different skill levels anyone can get it easily.

Definitely grabbing this on sale to toss in a random night.

News Comments > Insurgency: Sandstorm Preorders
3. Re: Insurgency: Sandstorm Preorders Jun 12, 2018, 13:19 Dacron

Darks wrote on Jun 12, 2018, 10:43:
Hmm, looks kind of cheesy. anyone else think the weapons look kind of odd? and the game play does not feel very fluid. something just feels off on this game.

It's just the video. The gun play is the same as Insurgency - excellent. It feels/looks different than most because you're actually using 8-15lb guns and are a normal person in it. It's probably got some of the most realistic (which was the goal) weapon handling that I can think of right now.

News Comments > Dying Light 2 Announced
4. Re: Dying Light 2 Announced Jun 11, 2018, 10:41 Dacron

Beamer wrote on Jun 11, 2018, 10:23:
I never bothered with the first - disliked Dead Island, and this seemed more of the same (though perhaps less goofy and amateurish feeling in plot.) I dunno, I dislike survival horror, so while I like the idea of a living world, I'm better off going to Doom and being an unstoppable demon slayer.

I disliked Dead Island. It was clunky, unresponsive, you didn't feel like you could do damage. I would've refunded it if I bought it when steam implemented refunds.

Dying Light is completely different. It felt like you were a FPS/doom like killing machine but with Melee weapons. You could slaughter huge groups of zombies effortlessly when you learn the skills / tool up your weapons. The only "survival" was getting to a safe house when it goes to night to "sleep" until day because the scary alpha zombies come out at night. And while they are killable the game mechanics will constantly have them coming at you at night The rest was just running/jumping/sliding ass kicking fun.

News Comments > Just Cause 4 Announcement
1. Re: Just Cause 4 Announcement Jun 11, 2018, 10:36 Dacron

I see jungle, water ways, desert, mountains and a snowy area.

Here's to hoping they learned from the disappointment Just Cause 3 was.

News Comments > HITMAN 2 Announced
11. Re: HITMAN 2 Announced Jun 8, 2018, 03:06 Dacron

Dev wrote on Jun 7, 2018, 21:30:
What's this sniper assassin thing?

It's a quick mission where you sit in a snipers perch with your rifle. You shoot 3 targets and guards in areas where civilians can't see/find bodies. You can't move or do anything else, but it looks gorgeous.

Just a show off of the engine/level. Youtube play throughs make it look like a very pretty flash game.

News Comments > The Crew 2 Closed Beta Keys
4. Re: The Crew 2 Closed Beta Keys Jun 2, 2018, 16:37 Dacron

Closed Beta = demo. Not even close to a "beta" test, and in reality is just a advertising tool and server stress test. Makes sense though, with the locked content vs what it took to finish everything in the beta, there's less than 12 hours involved. If they didn't wall it off finishing it in the beta time frame wouldn't be tough.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
10. Re: etc., etc. May 26, 2018, 12:00 Dacron

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on May 26, 2018, 05:05:
]

Yes. Serious. Like BF1942.

What?! No jeep launching ??

With enough TNT (4+) on the ground near a cliff, you drive (with FF off) at it in a jeep as fast as it can go, and the player who dropped it detonates it under it sending it -flying-. We use to try and get a jeep full guys flying, exiting it mid air trying to land on the b-17s wings.

BF1942 stunt servers were amazing fun back in the day.

News Comments > Get The Witcher Free
4. Re: etc. Apr 30, 2018, 12:18 Dacron

Beamer wrote on Apr 30, 2018, 12:11:
deqer wrote on Apr 30, 2018, 12:02:
It's not really free if I'm required to pay my attention to your newsletter, or pay my effort to signing up for your newsletter.

Getting tired of the "Free" word.

You remind me of reddit's choosybeggars sub. The other day, someone was ranting that a free piano listed on Craigslist wasn't really free if the person needed to come pick it up - to be free, it should be delivered to the home of whomever wanted it.

Culture of entitlement. It's the new norm for the "You're all #1 winners!" generation.

News Comments > Free Weekend for Croteam VR Games
4. Re: Free Weekend for Croteam VR Games Apr 22, 2018, 00:57 Dacron

Sepharo wrote on Apr 21, 2018, 16:29:
Talos is a really good puzzle game.
And although I have played the VR one specifically I expect it would translate nearly perfectly.

It was very interesting. Cool, funny story to follow, great puzzles with lots of mechanics and different environments. It's one of those games like antichamber and portal to me. Just completely different mechanics/gameplay than what is normally provided.

News Comments > GTA5 the Most Successful Media Title of All Time
19. Re: GTA5 the Most Successful Media Title of All Time Apr 9, 2018, 15:21 Dacron

Frijoles wrote on Apr 9, 2018, 15:05:
Ozmodan wrote on Apr 9, 2018, 15:01:
I find it strange that a game where you play a thug is the most popular game. I have watched the kids play it and just do not see what is so enthralling about it.

I thought the same thing for a long time. No interest in a driving simulator. Finally bought it on sale. Now it's one of my top games in play time, and one of my favorite. When I'm having a crappy day, I can count on Trevor to cheer me up.

There was a great scene with that voice actor in Better Call Saul. The guy is the voice of him, but looks like Trevor as well. He was also in Westworld, and it's like watching Trevor ni the flesh.

Clip

News Comments > The Crew 2 in June
5. Re: The Crew 2 in June Mar 16, 2018, 14:06 Dacron

Creston wrote on Mar 16, 2018, 11:05:
Not gonna lie, I quite enjoyed tooling around in the first Crew. The missions were pretty terrible (and the story was quite possibly the worst "story" ever put into a game), but the challenges were mostly fun, and the map was fantastic.

The one thing I really hated is how freaking awful the cars handled at the start, and how you needed to level up parts massively before it actually felt like you were driving a vehicle rather than a bolt on ice. Even with almost max parts it still wasn't very good, though. (one exception: Their handling in the snow felt great. You could pull off amazing drifts in the snow. Too bad the entire snowy area was rather small.)

If this map is even bigger and the driving physics have improved, I'm probably going to be down.

I treated it as a successor to the test drive unlimited series, which had terrible driving but amazing exploration / drives to be had.

I'm not sold on the boat/plane gimmick, but like you said if the driving is solid this time and the map is as good as it was before (the grand canyon looks great in the trailer) it'll be a good game.

News Comments > Trump Calls Out Video Games
160. Re: Trump Calls Out Video Games Feb 24, 2018, 06:04 Dacron

Zoom wrote on Feb 24, 2018, 04:33:
Yep. Who needs that but the military, SWAT, and murderers ? What's wrong with a bolt action, low caliber sports rifle, meant for shooting targets in a sports club ? Oh btw here if you do own such a rifle: quite often the ammo stays at the sports club...

"This shooting sport is ok, nothing wrong with it. That shooting sport is not, it's for murderers!"

Spoken like a true fudd.

I can't wait for 3 gun season to start backup.

News Comments > Trump Calls Out Video Games
43. Re: Trump Calls Out Video Games Feb 23, 2018, 03:47 Dacron

You know what's the worst thing about AR-15s??

All the nice ones cost too much damned money.

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Free Weekend Underway
1. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Free Weekend Underway Feb 15, 2018, 20:45 Dacron

With the amount of free weekends they run why not turn it into F2P and survive off the hundreds/thousands of dollars in extra operators/skins they sell.  

986 Comments. 50 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo