Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Darren

Real Name Darren   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dacron
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 2, 2005, 00:01
Total Comments 863 (Graduate)
User ID 23575

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Valve on Countering Cheats
3. Re: Valve on Countering Cheats Feb 15, 2017, 10:39 Dacron

Linksil wrote on Feb 15, 2017, 10:29:
Funny that they test it on Blizzard's game(Overwatch) instead of their own game.

This was my first thought from my just woken up brain. I think it's really the codename of the human checkers instead, but amusing none the less.

Why not? It'd give people more reason to whine at valve

Currently setting a record for most edited posts, 1 reply at a time.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Call of Duty Returning to its Roots
11. Re: Call of Duty Returning to its Roots Feb 11, 2017, 22:52 Dacron

Blackhawk wrote on Feb 11, 2017, 20:45:
Battlefield already did Vietnam, and it wasn't exactly their best selling title. They may always give it another whirl, of course.

As far as good Vietnam shooters go, try Vietcong (for single player.) It's old and sometimes rough around the edges, but it was a very memorable game.

Oh my god. The menu music.

I could listen to the first bit (before it goes into a harder rock) on loop forever.

News Comments > Deus Ex Series Hiatus?
19. Re: Deus Ex Series Hiatus? Jan 30, 2017, 12:00 Dacron

wtf_man wrote on Jan 30, 2017, 08:57:
A remake of the original in a with a modern engine would be nice.

Not brand new triple AAA looking, but the most complete one yet, free on steam (if you own deus ex) -

Deus Ex Revision

News Comments > LEGO CITY Undercover Trailer
7. Re: LEGO CITY Undercover Trailer Jan 12, 2017, 17:56 Dacron

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 12, 2017, 14:11:
Working my way through Lego Dimensions. Christ almighty the game is gonna be expensive (but at least they go with the rest of my Lego's).

Want badly. Might even buy it for the hasn't-been-turned-on-in-2-years ps3. I'm mad it isn't on PC.

News Comments > Project IGI Developers Buy Back IP
3. Re: Project IGI Developers Buy Back IP Jan 3, 2017, 17:40 Dacron

Pr()ZaC wrote on Jan 3, 2017, 17:37:
I am one of them.
Great game with flawed, exploitable AI.

The 2nd had some pretty fun multiplayer as well.

News Comments > Steam Top 100 of 2016
8. Re: Steam Top 100 of 2016 Jan 1, 2017, 17:46 Dacron

MT Silver wrote on Jan 1, 2017, 17:44:
I bought nothing. The discounts were pathetic.

Lego games go on sale for $5, great time killers. Good value at that price too.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 29, 2016, 17:01 Dacron

SlimRam wrote on Dec 29, 2016, 12:24:
We may be in for a long winter, his post count history is:

space captain 7699 posts before banned

space admiral 32 posts before banned

harlock 2999 posts before banned

rudra 290 posts before banned

That brings us to a average of 2,755. Yep, could be a looooooong winter

Wow. Must live a real interesting, busy life that he has to come back to a place where no one likes him and is constantly forced to leave against his wishes.

Does bring interesting imagery when you think of him though.

News Comments > Vaporware Awards
47. Re: Vaporware Awards Dec 28, 2016, 01:51 Dacron

So now, a ponzi, "In its basic form", is a metaphor. Despite being "precisely what a Ponzi scheme is.".

(a ponzi, in it's "basic form" is a ponzi.)

Kxmode wrote on Dec 27, 2016, 14:49:
He's referring to the idea that new concept ship sales basically provide the funds to finish already pitched concept ships that people bought. In its basic form, that's precisely what a Ponzi scheme is.

No, it is not, and what you said does not describe a metaphor, or an illustration. It describes a misunderstanding of what a ponzi scam is.

This comment was edited on Dec 28, 2016, 03:08.

45. Re: Vaporware Awards Dec 28, 2016, 00:37 Dacron

Kxmode wrote on Dec 28, 2016, 00:19:
In other words, it's not a literal Ponzi scheme in the truest sense but has many of the same enrichment symptoms for those who bought into it early like LTI and early concept ships that haven't been created.

Jesus, you talked shit you did not know about, and rather than concede you talked beyond your experience, you try to act like your assumptions were correct.

This is in NO way a ponzi scheme. Ponzi schemes are VERY specific. Just because YOU only know of one financial scheme does not make it applicable to ANY other scam.

Is money being returned to investors, tricking them into thinking their investment are/were profitable, so they/word of mouth results in further investments, which are returned by the previous investors?

No? really? That's not how Star Citizen works?

Then it's not a fucking ponzi scheme. In any way, shape or form.

This comment was edited on Dec 28, 2016, 00:49.

40. Re: Vaporware Awards Dec 27, 2016, 21:17 Dacron

Kxmode wrote on Dec 27, 2016, 18:26:
Creston wrote on Dec 27, 2016, 16:40:
You can buy Star Citizen right now and download something that is playable. This is not vaporware. There are regular updates about Star Citizen, you can see the development of the title progressing, there are playable modules you can download and play right this very minute.

You can't call something that's in early alpha a delivered product until it reaches gold status and is a published product. It will remain vaporware because of the massive out of scope promises made.

For someone who likes to pick apart specifics, maybe you can explain the Ponzi scheme Star Citizen is.

The rest of us seem confused.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
26. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 27, 2016, 15:15 Dacron

Agent-Zero wrote on Dec 27, 2016, 15:00:
big pharma is sitting on so many unused formulas it would make your head spin

some of them are practically outright cures to fatal diseases, some are virtually harmless painkillers, the list goes on forever in this case

blocking medical marijuana isnt even the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the nasty, nasty things these guys are up to

dont worry - just like every other horrifying truth, what once was regarded as lunatic conspiracy theories will eventually be mainstream sadness and outrage, (usually after its far too late)

ultimately the human race is quickly reaching a period of dues paying and stress testing that IMHO they just arent prepared for in the least

it will make an interesting playground for all these kids and their potential offspring

LOL

19. Re: Vaporware Awards Dec 27, 2016, 15:06 Dacron

A ponzi requires funds to be returned to investors. That is the HEART of Charles Ponzi's scheme. The allure of a profit producing investment, with no backing other than investors money, to entice further investments or reinvestments.

These guys sell imaginary ships for money, without returning it, to continue to fund their business.

It is NOT a ponzi scheme, which is a VERY specific type of scam. "But it's like one!" does not mean it is a ponzi.

News Comments > Star Citizen Engine Switch; Alpha Released for Backers
44. Re: Star Citizen Engine Switch; Alpha Released for Backers Dec 25, 2016, 02:46 Dacron

Kosumo wrote on Dec 25, 2016, 02:20:

Amazon can get to data mine the very gullible player base who have shown they are happy to handover money for very little in return, and Chris can now say that another feature is complete - Mining.

Beautiful.

News Comments > AU Fines Valve $3M
47. Re: AU Fines Valve $3M Dec 24, 2016, 05:07 Dacron

i dun fucked up (duplicate)  

46. Re: AU Fines Valve $3M Dec 24, 2016, 05:04 Dacron

Kxmode wrote on Dec 24, 2016, 04:56:
verybad1 wrote on Dec 24, 2016, 04:38:
So if you eat a pizza, crap it out, then decide two day's later that you didn't "really" like it, do you deserve a refund?

Using your analogy it's more like the menu shows a pepperoni pizza, the person tells me I'll get a pepperoni pizza. He hands me my order and I get in my car. Along the way, I smell pizza. It smells good. 42 hours later, I get home, open the box, and find it's a chicken salad. I didn't pay for a chicken salad. I paid for a pepperoni pizza. What to do? The pizzeria is 42 hours away.

Anyhow, you're not going to convince me because I don't believe you ever played NMS. You can't possibly understand the point of why people are asking for refunds after playing for 40+ hours.

No, "42 hours later" would be "42 hours later after eating it" ... 42 hours of PLAYING a game is not the same as waiting 42hours for a pizza. It is the equivalent is eating it.... all but 1 or 2 slices (It's NMS, 42 hours is nearly doing everything the game has to offer.) and saying "it's no good! 100% refund now!" while having 2/10 slices left. If you couldn't figure it out during the FIRST 25% of the item, the following 50+% is your fault - not the makers.

Maybe if you spent $1000 on Star Citizen, waiting for months/years for it, THEN refunded it - without seeing/eating a completed game (pizza) and only teases of it, it would fit the analogy a bit better as you were waiting for a product - not using that product. But you didn't drop $1k to the joke of Star Citizen so it's a moot point anyways.

But ANYONE who thinks "42 hours" on a game is a trial/getting to know it period is insane. Unless you start the game, and go idle for a day and a half before playing it. Or are VERY entitled and somehow out of touch with gaming in general.

This comment was edited on Dec 24, 2016, 05:13.

42. Re: AU Fines Valve $3M Dec 24, 2016, 02:19 Dacron

Damn, what are you guys waiting for??

It's this easy to beat steam at the game it invented, why no action from you folk? Scared of having more money than you know what to do with? Don't want to become a "Gaben" of a joke, with billions in your pocket and the ability to direct the PC market on your whim? C'mon, it's easy, just look how nonchalantly you guys just dominated the market by undercutting steam, you guys found a secret recipe for a multi national, billion dollar business!! What are you waiting for ? Investors are everywhere, your sure fire idea will easily get them involved!

lol. Lots of talkers, that is for sure.

News Comments > Star Citizen Video
76. Re: Star Citizen Video Dec 20, 2016, 12:51 Dacron

VaranDragon wrote on Dec 20, 2016, 08:18:
So we are in agreement then? Trump voters are the same people who fall for the bullshit from CIG?

Mentally I mean, not literally.

Who knows Trump might even build a Wall! Roberts sure as fuck wont ever make a game!

Well, the wall turned into a fence.

So SC will turn into ?

60. Re: Star Citizen Video Dec 19, 2016, 19:30 Dacron

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 19:14:
Dacron wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 18:32:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 17:54:
CIG is overdelivering

Oh, I didn't realize the first episode of Squadron 42 was released this year like they said.

Or star marine (2015 release date, 2 weeks till 2017 btw)..
I'm obviously talking about the fidelity of content released and upcoming content shown off (i.e. the procedurally generated planets). The fidelity is far in excess of anything originally envisioned.

When do they plan on actually delivering it ? Kind of hard to "over deliver" if everything release date just gets cancelled, and what has been released is as exactly as they said it would be, just buggier.

We definitely differ on over deliver.

54. Re: Star Citizen Video Dec 19, 2016, 18:32 Dacron

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 17:54:
CIG is overdelivering

Oh, I didn't realize the first episode of Squadron 42 was released this year like they said.

Or star marine (2015 release date, 2 weeks till 2017 btw)..

I think we differ on "over delivering". Have either been delivered... yet ?

24. Re: Star Citizen Video Dec 19, 2016, 13:24 Dacron

So Sabre Wulf = NasWulf new account?

863 Comments. 44 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo