Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Dacron

Real Name Dacron   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dacron
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 2, 2005, 00:01
Total Comments 1077 (Pro)
User ID 23575

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Half-Life: Alyx Confirmed; Unveiling Thursday

1. Re: Half-Life: Alyx Confirmed; Unveiling Thursday Nov 18, 2019, 20:14 Dacron

Can finally throw that can in VR.  

Currently setting a record for most edited posts, 1 reply at a time.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Google Stadia Launch Lineup

13. Re: Google Stadia Launch Lineup Nov 12, 2019, 05:00 Dacron

Total-Khaos wrote on Nov 12, 2019, 00:19:
So, uh...genuine question. Is this the PC version of RDR2? If so, how does a service like this handle game crashes and things of that nature? Do you just get kicked back to the main screen for the app and can immediately start another session?

FWIW I've had 1 crash (sitting on top of an oil wagon when it went boom.) In 16 hours of RDR2. Wouldn't be a big concern to me.

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption 2 Released for PC

60. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Released for PC Nov 7, 2019, 14:26 Dacron

Creston wrote on Nov 6, 2019, 22:57:
They released a new patch today, and now it crashes ever 3 to 4 cutscenes. Fuck.

Only crash so far was when an oil wagon exploded with me on it. Kind of disappointed I didn't get to see the results.

Hoping it doesn't start for me.

News Comments > Red Dead Redemption 2 Troubleshooting Includes Launcher Patch

29. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Troubleshooting Includes Launcher Patch Nov 7, 2019, 13:02 Dacron

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Nov 7, 2019, 07:40:
Dacron wrote on Nov 6, 2019, 14:14:
"Open your eyes"

Maybe if you did you'd see the complaint is that menu is only available in game. It does not exist from the main menu before starting. When you set everything up.
Yes it does. I just finished doing exactly that.

FYI the supposed fix for the "rockstar launcher exited unexpectedly" isn't fixed, it still exists. Had the same problem myself, and I had to roll back my mobo's firmware to AGESA 1.0.0.2 support. If your mobo uses 1.0.0.3(nearly all boards currently) the game still crashes.

Then it's been patched. For the 5th/6th you could only remap from the escape menu while in game, from the main menu (before entering story mode) the option didn't exist.

*edit*

I just launched RDR 2, and you still cannot re-map from the main menu before loading the map/game. You still must go into a game to get the remap menu option.

58. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Released for PC Nov 6, 2019, 19:50 Dacron

Simon Says wrote on Nov 6, 2019, 07:03:
No key remapping... Utter unoptimized crap -_- palm -> face

Rockshit did it again with their abyssal port suffering from acute consolitis.

Heck even after how many years? GTA V still relatively runs like crap. Not holding my breath for this one either.

You can remap every key, you need to access the menu in game rather than from he main menu.

And it runs far better than GTA 5 (in it's current release) does, or ever did with same settings. Much better optimization than GTA 5 launch.

25. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Troubleshooting Includes Launcher Patch Nov 6, 2019, 14:14 Dacron

Cutter wrote on Nov 6, 2019, 13:55:
Settings>Controls>Key Mapping

It's right fucking there at the top of the screen. I've remapped a bunch of stuff. Open your fucking eyes.

"Open your eyes"

Maybe if you did you'd see the complaint is that menu is only available in game. It does not exist from the main menu before starting. When you set everything up.

2. Re: Red Dead Redemption Troubleshooting Includes Launcher Patch Nov 5, 2019, 21:55 Dacron

I must be the minority.

Is this the patch that makes the game FUN ? ~8 hours in, free roam accessible etc... and it just isn't fun. And I loved RDR 1. Kind of regret buying this.

35. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Released for PC Nov 5, 2019, 17:10 Dacron

Kxmode wrote on Nov 5, 2019, 15:55:
Dacron wrote on Nov 5, 2019, 15:34:
Horse controls can be frustrating, I got stuck on one mission and had to restart it as it bugged out,

Sounds like Skyrim and Witcher 3

No just my settings, changed horse controls relative to and it works very well now.

27. Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Released for PC Nov 5, 2019, 15:34 Dacron

I get solid 60+ fps at 1080, everything up fairly high (textures ultra) with a 6gb 1060. Horse controls can be frustrating, I got stuck on one mission and had to restart it as it bugged out, but it's okay so far. Hoping it gets better because right now it feels small, tight, and very controlled.  

News Comments > No Ray Tracing in PC RDR2; Preview Roundup

12. Re: No Ray Tracing in PC RDR2; Preview Roundup Nov 2, 2019, 01:29 Dacron

WaltC wrote on Nov 1, 2019, 16:49:
Cutter wrote on Nov 1, 2019, 16:23:

Same. I'm finding OW pretty bleh TBH. It's ok but I'm sure glad I didn't buy it. I'm pretty amped for RDR2 however.

I'm still trying lasso OW through my xbox game Pass PC three-month subscription--so far, no luck--game will download--but simply stops all activity at 37.12GB downloaded...;) I've tried all of the suggestions I have Bing/Googled--nothing. The problem is with the Game Pass software, definitely.

Leave the store open overnight, heard a few people had it hang near the end and take forever.

News Comments > No Ray Tracing in PC RDR2; Preview Roundup

4. Re: No Ray Tracing in PC RDR2; Preview Roundup Nov 1, 2019, 15:58 Dacron

I loved RDR 1, one of the better open world games to me. I skipped RDR 2 so far because I refused to get a ps4/xbox 1 (and their replacements are already coming). Watched very little media, screen shots etc...

I am very excited for this. Outer worlds is holding my attention right now, but I think that ends on the 5th.

News Comments > Star Citizen Free Fly Weekend

13. Re: Star Citizen Free Fly Weekend Oct 29, 2019, 17:43 Dacron

Just trying to get a few dollars from Outer Worlds players as it's all the hype right now.  

News Comments > The Outer Worlds Released

59. Re: The Outer Worlds Released Oct 28, 2019, 00:10 Dacron

jdreyer wrote on Oct 27, 2019, 20:21:
J wrote on Oct 26, 2019, 14:37:
"The Outer Worlds is our love letter to fans who want to role play as any character they’d like, whether it’s a hero, a villain, or even Leonard Boyarsky."
I would like to roleplay as a character who won't touch Windows 10 until it stays out of the headlines for buggy messes for a significant period of time, and has an adversion to underdeveloped game store software.

That's cool. I want to play as Leroy Jenkins.

I made a female character that looks like Chewbacca that has the same name. Forgot I did it and couldn't figure out why everyone called me ma'am/by the female pronoun.

51. Re: The Outer Worlds Released Oct 26, 2019, 15:24 Dacron

Recommend the Windows store until it's cheaper, title is quite short unfortunately. It's very polished and satisfying, I enjoyed every minute just wish there was more minutes. Thought it would be 4x as large/long to be honest.

Going back for try #2 in case I skipped half of it some how.

News Comments > New PAYDAY 2 Content Coming: Won't be Free

1. Re: New PAYDAY 2 Content Coming: Won't be Free Oct 25, 2019, 23:06 Dacron

Not surprising. They were lying before it was released. First they lied about the amount of heists planned which were later added in as DLC, the mission names were listed in day 1 game files, clearly pulled to get a quicker release and easier planned post release content. This was only found out on release, no refund (pre-steam refund era) just screwing over pre-orders, they said "we misspoke, we didn't lie about the # of heists." then they changed it to "we meant # of days total in the heists, not the heists themselves!" which was still wrong/wasn't enough and contradicted themselves.

They're a scummy outfit. They have a great rabid fanbase that will defend them, but jesus if any other group did it there would be a week long rage fest.

15. Re: The Outer Worlds Released Oct 25, 2019, 13:06 Dacron

Beamer wrote on Oct 25, 2019, 11:11:
I'm pretty excited for this game, which I had no clue existed until reviews hit, based upon the feedback here.

Sometimes, games this wide open lose me. As I get older, they do less so, I think. I guess I haven't fully tested it, but since I game in smaller bursts, I'm less concerned with seeing everything.

But I'm knee deep in Prey now, and may not want to do a game like this (not that Prey is close, but closer than what I usually play) for a while.

This is closer to prey than fallout for size / layout. Hub based with large hubs you can go to freely.

(not 100% on total size, but it's not 1 massive map, and the planets are probably large prey-hub/level sized, with a dozen or so of them, some with multiple hubs)

This comment was edited on Oct 25, 2019, 13:21.

News Comments > The Outer Worlds Reviews

69. Re: The Outer Worlds Reviews Oct 24, 2019, 21:46 Dacron

Only 3 hours in, but this is a winner to me. Spiritual successor to FNV. Funny/witty RPG with lots of ways to play. Speech skills can help you out massively.  

45. Re: The Outer Worlds Reviews Oct 23, 2019, 12:03 Dacron

bigspender wrote on Oct 23, 2019, 09:48:
The subscription to the Ms gaming store is only a handful of bucks for a month . Great for trying out games you aren't sure about. But in this case looks like a solid game.

Looks like obsidian have come a long way since the disaster that was neverwinter nights 2

First month was $1, I also keep seeing the 25th as a release date posted elsewhere but it unlocks on the 24th for me.

26. Re: The Outer Worlds Reviews Oct 22, 2019, 17:45 Dacron

Oh, you can "rent" the game for $1 for the first month and get it day one. Sign up for xbox live for PC ($1/month for first month), and pre-download it. Easy way to hold me over to RDR 2 PC.

Then buy it DLC all in on Steam. It's pre-loading right now for $1.

23. Re: The Outer Worlds Reviews Oct 22, 2019, 17:36 Dacron

Creston wrote on Oct 22, 2019, 17:13:
Darks wrote on Oct 22, 2019, 13:43:
aka_STEVE wrote on Oct 22, 2019, 13:39:
*Wishlisted.

maybe it will come to GOG.com

The game is also on MS Store. the new updated beta Store is pretty good now. But at least you got the option of going Microsoft rather then EGS.

That's like saying you'd rather have Aids than a cold.

Why can't it be you think you have a cold, but it is in fact AIDS ?

1077 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >