Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for JeffD

Real Name JeffD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 31, 2005, 00:01
Total Comments 393 (Amateur)
User ID 23570

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

News Comments > Need for Speed Payback Announced
9. .. Jun 2, 2017, 14:45 JeffD

The underground 2 was awesome city driving that was as close to gta with great driving as we would get for a long while. It looked phenomenal and you could just cruze the streets and such. Shift I liked in that I felt like it was a sim, where accurate driving and speed checking was critical and the speed line was a great trainer tool. The rest of the NFS is forgettable (baring NFS2 SE, which brought to us the first real 3d accelerated version of NFS).  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Need for Speed Payback Announced
2. .. Jun 2, 2017, 10:21 JeffD

If we arnt talking gta levels of open world then like the past 4 or 5 games, I am simply not interested. I dont need a shooter, but give me open world freedom in and out of the car. THAT is how you make my driving action fantasy. Last I checked, no ones driving fantasy LIVED in their car the entire time.  

News Comments > On Destiny 2 Networking
20. Re: On Destiny 2 Networking May 28, 2017, 10:40 JeffD

I bet everyone who is complaining did the same for overwatch.  

News Comments > 11 Million Paladins and Counting
12. .. May 22, 2017, 05:14 JeffD

shiho wrote on May 22, 2017, 01:37:
Tribes Ascend. Never forget.
I'm with you dude.. I like the reboot and even threw some money at it... saddly support was dry on release.

News Comments > 11 Million Paladins and Counting
3. .. May 21, 2017, 12:33 JeffD

I had never actually heard of paladin until now, and I have overwatch.

The similarities are undeniable and quite funny, it seems like they decided to use overwatch characters as a balanced base, and then originate off that. I feel like there could have been ALOT they could have done to pull the character designs away from overwatch (why is the tank paladin a guy in armor with a rectangle blue shield? You couldn't think of any other character design proficient with large shields? ) I do like the card (talents) system they use to great effect. The side effect unfortunately is if the development team was unable to separate their game from overwatch from the start, how good are they going to be at creating their own talent system that will also remain balanced? This makes me think the game will never be in the tournament circuit.

However it is free to play, and many people out there can't afford much, and it looks like a very solid play, let them enjoy their game.

I do agree though player statistics like "downloaded" and "Signed up" for free to play is just stupid and worthless.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization May 20, 2017, 01:33 JeffD

What? What Apple headphones use aaa batteries?  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Nintendo switch May 17, 2017, 15:47 JeffD

That is the most USELESS news article I have seen this week. Its like the headline no one wanted but some editor needed to feel he had to make it to keep his job, and inexplicably blue decided it was repost worthy. /facepalm

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Use WoW Gold for Other Blizzard Games May 17, 2017, 05:22 JeffD

mp3 needs to completely die off... no.. it doesn't even come close to aac, even at high bitrates. It still murders high frequencies. It is just more then half the people in the world are tone deaf to begin with. Thanks in part due to universal support for mp4, I don't have anything that DOESN'T Support AAC in hardware.

And ogg vorbis can go away.. it may be a clear winner in extreme cases like 64k, but there is no reason we should be making 64k bit music streams of anything. We need to concentrate and making aac the universal audio format... DTS and Dolby compressions not withstanding.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
13. Re: tablets May 8, 2017, 15:12 JeffD

tablets coming back in what regard? tablets are a mainstay in the work and entertainment. I don't see little kids at the store with laptops, I see them with tablets. When my vendors come in most of them are using tablets now. Tablet sales may not increase.. but they sure as HELL aren't going to disappear..ever.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. .. May 3, 2017, 10:58 JeffD

After several weeks of building and testing OTA and streaming boxes and services, yesterday we officially turned in the boxes and hooked up my own cable modem to an internet only cord cutting. Sling and direct tv now offer much of the cable experience for much less money and equipment management, and none of the additional fee charges.  

News Comments > PAYDAY 2 Free Week+
1. Re: Apr 3, 2017, 22:37 JeffD

Because this game is still relevant.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Use WoW Gold for Other Blizzard Games Mar 31, 2017, 09:55 JeffD

lol... global foundries has been making AMDs chips for many years now.. MANY years. Now that they have a relevant cpu again someone decided to pay the old work horse factory a visit? Hah!  

News Comments > Destiny 2 PC Hype?
3. Re: Use WoW Gold for Other Blizzard Games Mar 30, 2017, 12:46 JeffD

Bungie may not want to give a F about pc.. but with overwatch single handedly kicking ass (and will do so long after) it would be stupid of them to do so. The PC MMO market is a monster and bungie would be missing out on so much untapped revenue. Even squaresoft and rockstar know this. Eitherway I will wait for them, if they want my money they can come after it.  

News Comments > StarCraft Remastered Announced; Original Game Going Free
19. Re: Use WoW Gold for Other Blizzard Games Mar 26, 2017, 22:36 JeffD

Satoru wrote on Mar 26, 2017, 21:41:

That's not how this works

That's not how any of this works!

Tell that to all the modders who were doing just that... for free.

16. Re: Use WoW Gold for Other Blizzard Games Mar 26, 2017, 21:17 JeffD

Xero wrote on Mar 26, 2017, 20:45:
\
Of course it's still going to be 2D. If they were going to invest into completely remaking the game engine, why even bother with Starcraft 2?

Who said anything about remaking game engines? We have the perfect engine already! Starcraft 2! This should have been a simple mix of reused assets and new assets to remake starcraft 1.. minus needing to remake cut scenes (not that we wouldn't want to see that). I would bet real money that the amount of work to make starcraft 2 into starcraft 1 would have been about the same amount of work as using a completely different engine (again.. I don't know if its new.. but when was the last time blizzard made a 2d engine?) that uses todays video modes and the high resolution sprites which also need to be drawn IN 3D!!!

I would have been interested in it had it been like SC2.. even todays SC2 looks awesome. This... this just looks like shit. Oh sure I'm sure hardcore SC fans will fart around in it for a while.. but it could have been so much more.

14. Re: Use WoW Gold for Other Blizzard Games Mar 26, 2017, 18:34 JeffD

Flatline wrote on Mar 26, 2017, 17:26:
JeffD wrote on Mar 26, 2017, 17:21:
odd... its still 2d? .... why? its like star craft 2 but shit animation.

Because it's a reskin of the original and not a totally new game?

Engine is completely different. I'm sure they needed to convert a lot over to the new engine (I say new, it may be a part of their currently used stuff)

11. Re: Use WoW Gold for Other Blizzard Games Mar 26, 2017, 17:21 JeffD

odd... its still 2d? .... why? its like star craft 2 but shit animation.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Use WoW Gold for Other Blizzard Games Mar 15, 2017, 01:52 JeffD

ublock doesn't stop block fact that you visited bigmommas.com.

No, instead I am going to look forward to using tunneling services now. ublock made me dissappear from advertisers, tunnel bear will make me dissappear from my ISP. Your move, charter.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: Use WoW Gold for Other Blizzard Games Mar 5, 2017, 18:40 JeffD

I think shaders will get it right. I kind of laughed at the article about things like with lcd the pixels will be wrong the color not as vibrant.. refresh..ect.

#1 these crt monitors were in no way calibrated, there was no such thing as color correction back then. It is up to the user to determine of the colors look good.

#2 60fps is pretty much doable by any consumer LCD. If you must, you can get a high quality TN panel, I would wager the 6 bit dithered color pallet is still more color accurate then the CRT. The only issue is gun games, they simply do not work. There are creative ways around this but we will most likely need to look into alternative controllers to get back the light gun aspect.

ontop of all this

#3 with tech limitations out of the way, we can then use shaders and visual trick to simulate the low resolution inaccuracies of the CRT. Right now the shaders are more of an artistic impression rather then an accurate one but I'm sure someone will pull through with %99 accurate shaders.

News Comments > Use WoW Gold for Other Blizzard Games
16. Re: Use WoW Gold for Other Blizzard Games Feb 7, 2017, 05:13 JeffD

Sweet..i can use my wow gold to buy me some overwatch loot crates. ^^  

393 Comments. 20 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo