Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for JeffD

Real Name JeffD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 31, 2005, 00:01
Total Comments 396 (Amateur)
User ID 23570

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
9. Re: Batteries Dec 13, 2017, 22:39 JeffD

Luke wrote on Dec 13, 2017, 19:18:
Let's see if we can get this one to buy a new phone , he seems to be ok we slow his phone down , let's give it a notch more......god people are.....

Black and white? Batteries die, it is a fact of life. You want to get pissy because someone offered an alternative to 15 minute run times?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 13, 2017, 18:31 JeffD

Simon Says wrote on Dec 13, 2017, 14:52:
Y'all people are missing the point. It's just yet another inconvenience of non-user replaceable batteries. Had we kept user replaceable batteries in all smartphones, we would've never heard about this, nor would it had ever happened.

It would be easily solvable, were it not unprofitable for them to do so, profits/shareholders above clients, that's what it's about, as usual.

I would like to see this spark a movement for replaceable batteries again. There is no reason the phone can't be water proofed and the battery compartment be kept sectioned off. Drying a battery off is easy fixings.

1. Batteries Dec 13, 2017, 10:39 JeffD

You know...I don't know why iphone users would be all up in arms about this, I would be perfectly fine with my phone slowing things down a little so that when batteries get old..I don't start losing screen time. Obviously I would love an indicator of some sort letting me know my batteries efficiency level, but I would rather things be a little slower rather then have to charge my battery in the middle of the day. (Android user here).  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
1. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Dec 9, 2017, 16:23 JeffD

please oh please make your OS work on all PCs... just pull a sega and go all software! I'm all for loading your OS on my PC and all but I refuse to do all that hacking BS to get it done.  

News Comments > Destiny 2 Free Trial Released
14. Re: Use WoW Gold for Other Blizzard Games Nov 29, 2017, 00:53 JeffD

I got destiny for 35 from GMG and I'm liking it. Never played the first one but I always thought it was the kind of game I would totally dig. Mostly PvE but mmo in nature...although not nearly MMO on the scale of planetside.

The good:

- Game looks awesome.. and performs even better. The only thing that looked off was the waves on the water planet, you really need a whole separate technology package to do those sky scraper tall waves and look good doing it.

- story progresses well and doesn't stagnet to much in one place. Recently finished up some old main quest for FF14 to do stormblood and fell asleep because I was running around doing so much talking in the same place.
- weapon inventory and learning the upgrades and mods isn't too complex. Weapons and armors are given directly to you and you can infuse the power level of one into an older gun to keep that gun, and mods are straight forward.
- getting around to public events is pretty easy, most are near warp in points, and you are given a basic speeder at 20.

- Not sure what the guy below said, there is a group finder built in for strikes and such. Raids and maybe nightfalls may need manual organization. It took decades for WoW to find a manual LFG tool that worked well. There are several external tools to help with this.

- you can hop in, get some events done and be out in as short as 20 minutes if you prefer short sessions.

The bad:

- there is a pretty bad grind at 20. Doing events and strikes will net you streams of blues and purples that will keep your power level ticking up, but there is no such thing as instantly getting 230,260,300 gear levels if you are on alts or playing catchup. That is to say, there is no catchup. So while you join a clan and everyone is 305, you can't be carried into a raid and get 300 loots. What drops for you will be your level +5ish.

- I wont say the premise of the story is bad, but while the scope of the enemy and his plans are vast and over powering, you pretty much never get NPC help, and there are no multi player encounters like story mode strikes/raids for encounters that should have called for them. After finishing, you are left wondering what the danger was because you SINGLE HANDEDLY solved everything.

- each world has a large zone filled with open areas and plenty of buildings and passage ways with baddies to kill, but the game only allows like 8-10 people to spawn in each instance. This can lead to problems doing public events as at best its you and 4 others, and at times it is just you, and for the most part public events are not soloable.

- only 4 worlds, some zones accommodate 4-5 public events but some less, one of them only holds 2 and is just 2 open areas. This is a far cry from MMORPGs like FF14 and GW2 with events spread over vastly more land.

Overall: I probably consider it worth the $35 I paid for it. There are no monthly fees and it scratches my MMO Shooter itch. Bungie will probably add and improve the base game overall in the future as well as add content (that you need to pay for). It is a great looking world with what you can explore and while the mission and raids make the world seem bigger, when you are just free roaming and doing public events then options become smaller. There are many chances to go digging into tunnels and bunkers and you almost allways find a boss with loot to kill at the end.. but its all trash mobs and no real sense of accomplishment.

News Comments > Wireless HTC Vive Focus Details
1. ..... Nov 14, 2017, 16:33 JeffD

HTC's pr department is in full FUD mode. Don't throw your money away. Daydream is flailing because of lose performance requirements and expensive hardware. Gear VR is doing MUCH better because its using high end phones with top notch displays, and is partnered with the oculus store. There are also tools available for Oculus developers to port games down to the Gear VR.

HTC should have really partnered with Gear VR, no matter how difficult that might have been. Samsung and HTC may be rivals, but I think they would take all the help they can get with getting Gear VR even further off the ground.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Expansion I: Curse of Osiris in December
4. in other news.. people giving away their money. Oct 30, 2017, 19:31 JeffD

Show me one mmo out there that had an expansion less then 3 months since release? And this expansion didn't happen over night. or take 3 months, either.

Destiny 2 is shit, bungie is shit, and if you all like having your wallets raped then be my guest. Buy all teh expansions. Feed the problem.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. ... Oct 26, 2017, 10:26 JeffD

google is a private company, how does free speech even apply?  

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
1. Re: Use WoW Gold for Other Blizzard Games Oct 22, 2017, 14:29 JeffD

Amazon wants to do a lot of shit with drones without considering the laws of physics.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. ... Oct 14, 2017, 23:32 JeffD

Thor 8 bit has NOTHING on Thor 80's trailer! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqNn14l7hhA

News Comments > Dead Effect 2 VR Released
1. ... Oct 4, 2017, 10:05 JeffD

game of the year.... another zombie shooter. Riiight... pass.  

News Comments > STAR WARS Battlefront II (2005) Multiplayer Restored
3. Re: STAR WARS Battlefront II (2005) Multiplayer Restored Oct 2, 2017, 19:49 JeffD

hahaha, man I remember when I thought these graphics were high end.
Happy to see it living again.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: Use WoW Gold for Other Blizzard Games Oct 2, 2017, 09:18 JeffD

"Once the server woes have blown over, check out our guide to the game to give yourself an edge."

Shameless plug is soooooo shameless

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
1. Re: Sunday Consolidation Oct 1, 2017, 22:31 JeffD

whate? where? certainly isnt at targets/bb/gamestop. PSN only games are shit games. They don't count.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. ... Sep 26, 2017, 21:54 JeffD

I have to rate the first 2 shows higher then the last star trek movie. It was pretty good IMO, can't wait to see more. I am a little disheartened after reading the wiki as it is apparently NOT intended to go on for more then a few seasons, after a couple of story arcs they will jump to a new ship and crew and time period (if the show is still going on of course).  

News Comments > Intel's "Best Gaming Processor Ever"
27. Re: Use WoW Gold for Other Blizzard Games Sep 25, 2017, 17:35 JeffD

My care meter... it could not be any lower.  

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
1. Re: Use WoW Gold for Other Blizzard Games Sep 25, 2017, 06:06 JeffD

And no shits were given, what a stupid reason to make an article.  

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION Announced
12. ... Aug 21, 2017, 18:01 JeffD

Ugh...I bought my ps4 for this game but haven't really had a time I wasn't busy with other games to play much of it. I think im in like the 4th act. One thing that was making it hard was doing the hard dungeon crawls incurred reduced hp levels (no amount of avoiding would prevent this, simply getting hit would bring down your max hp of you and your party) requiring you to use elixirs. Elixirs aren't cheap and money in the game is finite. Most of your money is from monster hunts, something that you can't repeat. Done with monsters hunts? grinding monster trash loot is very slow money gains.  

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Aug 4, 2017, 12:32 JeffD

The only problem with these awesome mods is they break shadows and reflections. I ran a mod that had an amazingly dark night, but as soon as it rained half the city looked like it was hovering as there was no close contact shadowing.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
1. Re: Morning Interviews Aug 4, 2017, 12:29 JeffD

Psst, with tf2, planetside 2, overwatch, and many other continuously updated fps games available, you can make a very good shooter but no one wants to buy it if it's a ghost town 6 months later.  

396 Comments. 20 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo