Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for JeffD

Real Name JeffD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On July 31, 2005
Supporter -
Total Comments 455 (Amateur)
User ID 23570

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

News Comments > Horizon: Zero Dawn Dawns on PC This Summer

2. Re: Horizon: Zero Dawn Dawns on PC This Summer Mar 10, 2020, 12:13 JeffD

its one of my fav games of all time. I wanna go back and play new game + but ive got no spare time these days.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > 2K NFL Game Plans

1. Re: 2K NFL Game Plans Mar 10, 2020, 12:00 JeffD

So in other words it is just to make mobile arcade games, and the nfl can still eat shit and die.  

News Comments > Borderlands 3 to Support Cross-Play Between Steam and Epic Games Store

2. Re: Borderlands 3 to Support Cross-Play Between Steam and Epic Games Store Mar 5, 2020, 20:10 JeffD

You would think this would be a given for all games. Splitting up player bases is just retarded unless its for controller restrictions, mouse vs gamepads.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits

2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 3, 2020, 12:38 JeffD

phinn, I do understand what you mean, having the engine and rendering react at faster than 60fps even though we may not be able to see it on standard monitors.

On the other hand weve been doing fighting games at 30 and 60fps for how long? For the %99.... 60fps is fine. Just as long as latency is you know..~3ms or one frame

Also... isnt it a little late for sf5 to have a benchmark?

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 25, 2020, 14:12 JeffD

Lol, as soon as I saw that windows headline I was like "Yes.. they are finally getting rid of the windows 8 metro tile holdover", sure enough I was right. Honestly I didnt think it was BAD... you could delete what you dont want and put in what you do, if anything. but the live tile system was largely unused. infact, watch out what you save in the photos dir. I once saved a NSFW image and before I knew it, my photo tile was showing a nudey every time I opened up the start menu. Awkward.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance

1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Feb 25, 2020, 07:09 JeffD

Less then 150 got the alert? I'm feeling real special about now.  

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization

3. Re: Sunday Mobilization Feb 24, 2020, 00:53 JeffD

I find GPS indoors to be suspect and spoty at best. That is probably why GPS isn't fullproof for 911.  

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization

1. Re: Sunday Mobilization Feb 23, 2020, 14:08 JeffD

I think one of the most confusing things about mobile 911 is we are not told the conditions needed for 911 to locate us. Is the location data only from the cell towers? Or is it from the phones GPS system if available? If the phone GPS can be used, do I need to set permissions some where? One of the complaints said location data couldn't be found because phone data was disabled. This is very common for old people who buy cheap shit services like consumer cellular and don't opt in for the data plan, or get the really small data plan. We often disable it so android does not eat up the monthly alotment doing android things.

Also is there data with the cell provider or an online resource we can fill in to match our phone number with a home address?

News Comments > Morning Previews

3. Re: Morning Previews Feb 18, 2020, 18:29 JeffD

proof readz, amirite.  

News Comments > Blizzard Claims Ownership of Custom Game Modes

2. Re: Blizzard Claims Ownership of Custom Game Modes Jan 29, 2020, 19:51 JeffD

Good luck with that blizzard. Just because you put it in the Eula doesn't make it enforceable.  

30. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 12, 2020, 13:36 JeffD

Hah yeah I have several mods already to make it more comfortable. But this would not have effected sales me thinks. I had to choose quest over rift because of ipd. From what little I could beta test, the compression from the link was no where near as noticable as the increase in visual detail. And the refresh rate is a non issue, at least if you are new to vr.  

28. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 12, 2020, 02:37 JeffD

I see a lot of people throwing out the $1000 goggles and $2000 pc out there in this thread. Those are not even close to entry points any more.. your argument is not just old, but ancient.

This season one VR headset took off.. the Oculus Quest. It wasn't VR that was sold out.. it was ONE VR headset. The quest has minimal setup, no extra hardware, full 6dof and full featured controllers, and just enough horsepower to power most of the hit software available for VR. And it cost just $400.

And then later when you want to step up in visual fidelity, you can plug in a USB3 chord and get access to everything on pc. We may not be at the turning point where VR takes over everything, but it is a wonderful time to start. I really like the chat room apps on the quest, hanging out and talking shit over youtube videos while visually seeing other people is great.

News Comments > Monster Hunter World: Iceborne Released

2. Re: Monster Hunter World: Iceborne Released Jan 10, 2020, 00:57 JeffD

I cannot believe it took them this long to bring it out to pc. Is anyone still playing??  

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation

18. Re: Sunday Consolidation Jan 6, 2020, 00:20 JeffD

At the moment devs often duplicate regularly accessed game data across an install to make it quicker and easier for a read head to grab the data from a spinning platter.

Who does this? Who?

News Comments > Evening Patches

1. Re: Evening Patches Jan 4, 2020, 01:15 JeffD

Seems like the mod author posted it knowing it was total shit, because then he goes on about how he plans to add a custom stage, animations, ect. Honestly this mod is only one step up above just replacing a music track in the game. This is not the mod this game deserves.

Edit: I take some of that back, he DID just replace a sound track in the game. This cutscene was already in the game.

News Comments > Final Fantasy VII Remake PC Clues?

1. Re: Final Fantasy VII Remake PC Clues? Jan 3, 2020, 11:38 JeffD

I'ma play devil's advocate here. The consoles are so close to a PC system and I am sure the tools, testing, and developing platforms are all PC based. Especially since I'm sure a ps5 version is in the works too. However afaik Sony is footing the bill for this. So PC will see a version of this remake the same day it sees horizon zero Dawn and Bayonetta 2.  

News Comments > Evening Patches

1. Re: Evening Patches Dec 21, 2019, 07:10 JeffD

You are not worthy if you can't click the third link.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse

4. Re: Saturday Metaverse Nov 17, 2019, 15:05 JeffD

As an electronics target TM, I can vouch that for the most part the assistant craze has died heavily.
I think it has to do with a few things. First, maybe not as many sales before but honestly these things cost to much for what is inside them, and for something that is feeding google (or amazon) data they can sell.

Second, just visit the google assist reddit, the device has actually been getting worse in how well it hears you and what it can do. Meanwhile we have not seen anything new all year.

Third, smart home quality control. I know first and second hand how much cheap shit light bulbs out there fail to consistently work. My motto is if it talks by a bluetooth connection, it is going to suck. Wifi is a way more consistent connection.

Fourth, the lack of a smoking gun in the smart home and home security field. All of our smart cameras are expensive as hell, are not complete systems, and are just BARELY competent at what they do. We need some TCLs and LGs to step up and create affordable packages that anyone can setup and go hand in hand with the home assistants.

Fifth, audio devices and TVs have had basic voice assist tie in functions for a while now, but no one has gone above that. Usually once you are inside a smart app on a tv or streamer, you lose all voice control. This makes it largely a useless feature.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation

1. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 13, 2019, 02:04 JeffD

You know.. PS5 transition may be harder to sell then ever before. With the PS4 pro and Xbox X, we are finding games that actually have those systems in mind when it comes to base level support (Red dead 2, Forza 4, probably call of duty modern warfare) come out fairly impressive. The amount of money that would need to go into a PS5 game to wow us over PS4 pro is going to be huge. I guess it comes out to what will game makers do.

The PS4 -> PS5 jump actually seems like the problem we have in the PC world. If a PS4 is a 1080gtx, then a PS5 would be the 2080TI. Sure it is a lot more horse power, but you arnt really going to see games on a 2080ti that won't look good or run great on a 1080gtx. This is quite a bit different between all previous console generations.

It is pretty much sony's fault for bringing out the ps4 pro.. but because of that the ps5 is going to be a hard sell. (BTW feel free to replace PS4 with Xbox, they are interchangeable in this discussion). Also with the PS5's full backward compatability, if it works a lot like ps4 pro where ps5 games actually run the same way PS4 does, but with different graphic settings (and the minimum expectations that come with them), we could see games being produced for both systems and the PS5 could be dubbed a PS 4 SUPER pro TURBO.

All speculation of course.

News Comments > Evening Interviews

1. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 13, 2019, 01:54 JeffD

""Expectations for full-price games is very high"

Sorry.. having your game completed on release is more of a demand, not a high expectation. One that every full priced game has been failing for the last decade.

455 Comments. 23 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >