Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Bend, OR 04/29

Regularly scheduled events

User information for JeffD

Real Name JeffD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 31, 2005, 00:01
Total Comments 363 (Amateur)
User ID 23570

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

News Comments > PAYDAY 2 Free Week+
1. Re: Apr 3, 2017, 22:37 JeffD

Because this game is still relevant.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Use WoW Gold for Other Blizzard Games Mar 31, 2017, 09:55 JeffD

lol... global foundries has been making AMDs chips for many years now.. MANY years. Now that they have a relevant cpu again someone decided to pay the old work horse factory a visit? Hah!  

News Comments > Destiny 2 PC Hype?
3. Re: Use WoW Gold for Other Blizzard Games Mar 30, 2017, 12:46 JeffD

Bungie may not want to give a F about pc.. but with overwatch single handedly kicking ass (and will do so long after) it would be stupid of them to do so. The PC MMO market is a monster and bungie would be missing out on so much untapped revenue. Even squaresoft and rockstar know this. Eitherway I will wait for them, if they want my money they can come after it.  

News Comments > StarCraft Remastered Announced; Original Game Going Free
19. Re: Use WoW Gold for Other Blizzard Games Mar 26, 2017, 22:36 JeffD

Satoru wrote on Mar 26, 2017, 21:41:

That's not how this works

That's not how any of this works!

Tell that to all the modders who were doing just that... for free.

16. Re: Use WoW Gold for Other Blizzard Games Mar 26, 2017, 21:17 JeffD

Xero wrote on Mar 26, 2017, 20:45:
\
Of course it's still going to be 2D. If they were going to invest into completely remaking the game engine, why even bother with Starcraft 2?

Who said anything about remaking game engines? We have the perfect engine already! Starcraft 2! This should have been a simple mix of reused assets and new assets to remake starcraft 1.. minus needing to remake cut scenes (not that we wouldn't want to see that). I would bet real money that the amount of work to make starcraft 2 into starcraft 1 would have been about the same amount of work as using a completely different engine (again.. I don't know if its new.. but when was the last time blizzard made a 2d engine?) that uses todays video modes and the high resolution sprites which also need to be drawn IN 3D!!!

I would have been interested in it had it been like SC2.. even todays SC2 looks awesome. This... this just looks like shit. Oh sure I'm sure hardcore SC fans will fart around in it for a while.. but it could have been so much more.

14. Re: Use WoW Gold for Other Blizzard Games Mar 26, 2017, 18:34 JeffD

Flatline wrote on Mar 26, 2017, 17:26:
JeffD wrote on Mar 26, 2017, 17:21:
odd... its still 2d? .... why? its like star craft 2 but shit animation.

Because it's a reskin of the original and not a totally new game?

Engine is completely different. I'm sure they needed to convert a lot over to the new engine (I say new, it may be a part of their currently used stuff)

11. Re: Use WoW Gold for Other Blizzard Games Mar 26, 2017, 17:21 JeffD

odd... its still 2d? .... why? its like star craft 2 but shit animation.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Use WoW Gold for Other Blizzard Games Mar 15, 2017, 01:52 JeffD

ublock doesn't stop block fact that you visited bigmommas.com.

No, instead I am going to look forward to using tunneling services now. ublock made me dissappear from advertisers, tunnel bear will make me dissappear from my ISP. Your move, charter.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: Use WoW Gold for Other Blizzard Games Mar 5, 2017, 18:40 JeffD

I think shaders will get it right. I kind of laughed at the article about things like with lcd the pixels will be wrong the color not as vibrant.. refresh..ect.

#1 these crt monitors were in no way calibrated, there was no such thing as color correction back then. It is up to the user to determine of the colors look good.

#2 60fps is pretty much doable by any consumer LCD. If you must, you can get a high quality TN panel, I would wager the 6 bit dithered color pallet is still more color accurate then the CRT. The only issue is gun games, they simply do not work. There are creative ways around this but we will most likely need to look into alternative controllers to get back the light gun aspect.

ontop of all this

#3 with tech limitations out of the way, we can then use shaders and visual trick to simulate the low resolution inaccuracies of the CRT. Right now the shaders are more of an artistic impression rather then an accurate one but I'm sure someone will pull through with %99 accurate shaders.

News Comments > Use WoW Gold for Other Blizzard Games
16. Re: Use WoW Gold for Other Blizzard Games Feb 7, 2017, 05:13 JeffD

Sweet..i can use my wow gold to buy me some overwatch loot crates. ^^  

News Comments > Tales of Berseria Released
2. Re: Tales of Berseria Released Jan 28, 2017, 20:18 JeffD

Damn really? was hoping to check out this tales series game for its story and battle system. I mean I have a ps4 now but... maybe when the game goes cheap it will be fixed.  

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 PC Delay; Specs
3. Re: Watch Dogs 2 PC Delay; Specs Oct 18, 2016, 22:23 JeffD

I'm not worried... these days a delay in the Pc versions means I can't pull the trigger before finding out the game is actually shit. Aside from WoW and Overwatch, my other 2 games that I fall back to is witcher 3 and GTA 5. Everything else has been a disappointment.  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
7. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Oct 2, 2016, 14:45 JeffD

I was forced to bring my windows 10 test PC back to 8.1 when then anniversary update took 24 hours to install itself. Even the ISO install that had the update streamlined took hours, I said f this and loaded 8.1 back onto the usb stick.  

News Comments > Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour
31. Re: Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour Sep 4, 2016, 12:11 JeffD

you know..I have never wanted to replay duke 3d in the last 15 years. This 80th re release crap is getting old.  

News Comments > Attack on Titan Released
2. Re: Attack on Titan Released Aug 26, 2016, 11:09 JeffD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQXtLZ6SGGE

not to many issues I can see here.

This comment was edited on Aug 26, 2016, 11:26.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Aug 9, 2016, 23:27 JeffD

Re: No mans sky, the article answered the question. One of the people did not have a plus account. The game says it does not NEED plus because it can work in an offline mode. It did not say you don't need PLUS to see other people.  

News Comments > More Overwatch Bans
1. Re: More Overwatch Bans Aug 1, 2016, 20:38 JeffD

Those images.. they pleases me.. so much suffering.. feed me!  

News Comments > Dead Rising to Rise on PCs
4. Re: Dead Rising to Rise on PCs Jul 19, 2016, 12:06 JeffD

You know your company has hit rock bottom when you start remaking your shit games. Mean while mega man sits collecting dust.  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Announces New Expansion & Free Trial
6. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Announces New Expansion & Free Trial Jul 17, 2016, 23:55 JeffD

The only thing I dont like is it looks like the new and last expansion content are sub/pay only, which means you won't get much end game access under the free plan.

Swotr is not an ideal free to play game. Rift does it much better. Guild wars 2 also ponied up alot of content to do under its free to play account which is everything before the new expansion. Ie it is a ton of stuff.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Jul 12, 2016, 21:22 JeffD

Maddens return to my library even more unlikely.  

363 Comments. 19 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo