Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for JeffD

Real Name JeffD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 31, 2005, 00:01
Total Comments 416 (Amateur)
User ID 23570

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
14. Re: Saturday Metaverse Oct 14, 2018, 10:58 JeffD

oldschool #quake/#doom representing!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 22, 2018, 05:43 JeffD

Our social landscape has changed, Twitter officially sucks and can diaf. I read madonnas story and thought it was great. 10 years ago it would have gotten positive headlines in news...err..papers. madonna expressed her thanks to the late Franklin and Twitter said no. Fuck you, Twitter.  

News Comments > Bethesda Blocked Game Sale Because of "New" Designation
32. .... Aug 12, 2018, 21:52 JeffD

RedEye9 wrote on Aug 12, 2018, 21:42:
HorrorScope wrote on Aug 12, 2018, 21:37:
Random analogy, if but buy a new car, don't drive it, can I sell it as new still?
No, and a bank won't even finance it as new once its been titled.

Also even though you do not drive it, the warranty is still ticking on it. I think this is the anchor points beth is using. If you are an authorized re seller then when you sell it as new, you get a receipt that can then be used for warranty based returns. If you are not an authorized reseller, but claim an item is new, it will not be accepted as new by the warranty.

Gamestop can repackage a used game and sell it as new, and it will be honored by the warranty because the receipt says new. A random ebay sold game that is marked as new will not be honored by bethesda's warranty system. Thus without the warranty the item is not complete and thus not "new".

News Comments > Evening Interviews
2. not bloody likely. Aug 7, 2018, 19:56 JeffD

Unless someone can bend the laws of physics, until you get end to end fiber you will never be able to get rid of the delay from the transmission of ANYTHING over long distances.  

General Discussion > Blues news is pretty horrible on phones...
13. Re: Mobile version? Aug 2, 2018, 19:42 JeffD

do we have the ability for atleast another color set? Aside from the needing to thumb scale some paragraphs of text, only the headlines dark blue on black is still the impossible to read part. Yellow and white is very readable, how about light blue or orange?  

5. Re: Blues news is pretty horrible on phones... Jul 26, 2018, 17:18 JeffD

So in other words, no one can be bothered with installing newer software. My only guess is you want to preserve the sites previous data, but that is neither a fix or workaround. Also how are security updates for software that is no longer updated?  

1. Blues news is pretty horrible on phones... Jul 16, 2018, 22:35 JeffD

I am surprised this hasn't been brought up by anyone, but blues news is actually a pain to read on my galaxy's chrome browser. With only 2 color schemes, white on blue is impossible to read with the blue headlines, and white on black is only a touch better. The biggest issue is the topics for all the news post are considerable smaller than the body text. Lastly is some of the formatting, namely the "Out of the blue" is just micro sized.  

News Comments > PC Monster Hunter: World Next Month
14. Re: PC Monster Hunter: World Next Month Jul 10, 2018, 11:16 JeffD

Its an online game, messing with the code can get you banned as well as produce synch issues.  

8. Re: PC Monster Hunter: World Next Month Jul 10, 2018, 00:36 JeffD

Get a load of fps man over here. You wanna know what would really bust his balls is if I told him most online games do not update even 30 times a second.

60fps caps are fine.

5. Re: PC Monster Hunter: World Next Month Jul 9, 2018, 22:19 JeffD

Have fun going against battle for azeroth, capcom.  

News Comments > Monster Hunter: World PC Date and Specs Monday
11. Re: Monster Hunter: World PC Date and Specs Monday Jul 7, 2018, 18:42 JeffD

Lets just say that if it came out with the console release I would be playing it, but I do not see my self with any interest by the time it finally rolls out. I also don't know anyone still playing the console release which says lots about capcom's support.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. this topic has nothing to do with the following post Jul 3, 2018, 14:56 JeffD

So... even though a yelp review was found guilty of defamation and judgment passed on the defendant, there is no way to get the false information removed even by a court order?

'Merica!!

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
3. .... May 27, 2018, 20:29 JeffD

Meanwhile apple is stuck in reverse with their homepod speaker system. I shit you not.. my target has not sold one since we got it months ago. No one has ever asked for it or about it, either.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. .. May 10, 2018, 22:42 JeffD

I love how the parent hasn't cut the kid from the internet or the games despite the lawsuit. Parenting at its best.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. chrome has been auto filling the same subject line for like 8 years now May 10, 2018, 22:32 JeffD

not a big deal, we usually don't see games that can take advantage of next gen video cards until the next gen of consoles because reasons. I was able to hold onto my 460gtx for so many years.  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
1. Re: Sunday Metaverse Apr 15, 2018, 15:21 JeffD

As long as devices like these need wifi then we are in control. And have fun moving to cellular connections, it would not take much to attach some wires and boom, free internet. 1  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. ... Apr 10, 2018, 23:10 JeffD

So Xbox X is going to be the only system to give red dead a graphics boost.

What is REALLY going to frost your balls is what if I told you said graphic updates could easily have been given to the xbox one version, but microsoft is only putting it on its xbox x to benefit those that pony up for a second more expensive xbox?

As much as playing red dead in HD appeals to me, microsoft's practices sicken me more.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 6, 2018, 03:40 JeffD

I wouldn't expect a recall... and the sad thing is a cash back settlement would stretch so thin it wouldn't be worth it. I am thinking more of a discount coupon usable on any cpu or device with an intel cpu in it for the future. However lawyers will be lawyers and we will probably see the former since they get half the money.  

News Comments > Monster Hunter World in Autumn
1. Re: Monster Hunter World in Autumn Jan 3, 2018, 21:37 JeffD

Despite always being the best version, PC makes the least amount of money short term. Saddly gamers don't care about quality these days.  

416 Comments. 21 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo