Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lorcin

Real Name Lorcin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Lorcin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 28, 2005, 12:16
Total Comments 1246 (Pro)
User ID 23558

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Oct 14, 2018, 17:12 Lorcin

So new attempt at business model for EA. They will sell you the engine and then you can buy each level you yourself pick to play for additional simolions.

That way you can pick have only the particular levels you want. Of course they'll be a super duper premium deluxe edition with all levels for only 129.99

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 9, 2018, 11:26 Lorcin

I need borderlands 2 on rift!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2018, 10:21 Lorcin

I thought it had been a while - I've been married 20 years in December and know this was on my daily visit list long before then.

Happy Anniversary

3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 7, 2018, 16:09 Lorcin

Not sure when you guys get the new series of Dr Whormonal but the first episode just aired over here. "Dr Who Taught These People To Act?" is more like it.  

News Comments > The Witcher Author Demands Additional Royalties
29. Re: The Witcher Author Demands Additional Royalties Oct 2, 2018, 17:06 Lorcin

I watched a couple of interviews with the author about a year ago - he came across as a dick who thought everyone and everything should be in awe of him, especially the games.

I also listened to the books, they were forgettable. I'm positive, if not for the games, the books never would have achieved much if any, international reception.

News Comments > On Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Prospects
17. Re: On Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Prospects Sep 22, 2018, 18:27 Lorcin

First one wasn't even that good. Might be an american thing but the whole cowboys and indians thing is pretty 50/60s to me.  

News Comments > GeForce RTX 2080 Reviews
6. Re: GeForce RTX 2080 Reviews Sep 19, 2018, 11:06 Lorcin

I can see the point but as things stand my i5-4670k, 1070, 1440p monitor and Oculus Rift are all pretty much balanced.

I can't see the need for upgrading everything to i7 and 4k etc to really use the horsepower of one of these cards and the next gen Rift isn't even on the horizon yet.

RTX *might* change my mind - but it's not out yet and I've a feeling it will be 4k 60fps without RTX or 1080p ~50fps with.

Going to try and hang until the next series!

News Comments > Spacelords Launches
4. Re: GeForce Experience 3.0 Released Aug 23, 2018, 16:55 Lorcin

Gojo wrote on Aug 23, 2018, 15:57:
NKD wrote on Aug 23, 2018, 15:15:
Monster Magnet! Holy shit I haven't heard that song in like 20 years?
Me either, I had to look them up and it seems they're currently on tour. Listening to them now, good stuff.

They headlined Dessertfest in London in early may.

News Comments > Don't Delete the Black Ops 4 Beta
5. Re: Don't Delete the Black Ops 4 Beta Aug 14, 2018, 09:59 Lorcin

I didn't play the beta but as a dad with 3 kids, 1 dog and 2 cats I must strongly advise nobody to leave shit sitting around for a month.

Best to clean it up quickly.

News Comments > Anarchy Online Turns 17
15. Re: Anarchy Online Turns 17 Jun 27, 2018, 19:20 Lorcin

I'm a played a lot of AO around the time the Alien Landings thing went in. With content like that and the TOT3W I was loving it.

Trouble was it took SO long to level up and that just turned into grinding hecks. I stopped when I got to the frozen level asked what we were going to do there and was told "Hecks".

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer
67. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Jun 12, 2018, 15:21 Lorcin

They just had a dev chatting about it on gamestop live. It's 1st person called V (male or female) and voiced.  

News Comments > Burnout Paradise Remastered Announced
8. Re: Burnout Paradise Remastered Announced Feb 21, 2018, 01:43 Lorcin

jdreyer wrote on Feb 20, 2018, 20:49:
The original still looks pretty good. It's one of my son's favorite games. It will be interesting to see how they update it.

In the new version, for added immersion, you have a fuel gauge. Once you're out of petrol you can experience filling the car up at the EA Garage - accepts paypal, visa, mastercard etc.

News Comments > Are "Let's Play" Streams Legal?
74. Re: Are Jan 30, 2018, 02:56 Lorcin

Simon Says wrote on Jan 30, 2018, 02:37:
Lorcin wrote on Jan 29, 2018, 18:56:
Should be illegal and I can make quite a compelling argument.

A couple of months back my son had a friend over who tried Cuphead for the first time. Not only did he know the names of the bosses he then proceeds to start beating them, one-shotting at least one.

"Oh do you have this?" says I
"Nah, seen it on youtube" he replies

After playing for a while I ask him if he likes it, which he does.

"Are you going to pick up a copy?" says I
"Nah, I was going to but I watched it all on youtube" he replies.

What the actual. Aside from the fact I simply can't get my head around watching somebody else play a game, the streamers, in this case, have DEFINITELY cost a sale.

It's not just my son and his mates - there are legions of teenagers out there who consider themselves gamers but actually spend more time watching people play games instead of playing them themselves. It's certainly having an impact on the industry which leads to fewer profits, which leads to less development money, which leads to fewer or lower quality games.

That "compelling argument" is what is commonly called an "Anecdotal Logical Fallacy". Rolleyes

Furthermore, a sample of 1 has no credibility at all. As for the rest that you claimed are everywhere, this doesn't take into account the amount of people that buy the game because of streamers.

A sample below 500-1000 is considered not credible in science ( and marketing/business too ), and for good reasons, because of the huge margin of error, and don't only cherry pick the ones who won't buy because of it. It must be random.

Oh I'm sorry did I not provide enough evidence to satisfy you? I could provide plenty more instances of similar occurrences as can many people here. But tbh I don't really care about making any more of a point than that - I wrote that at midnight, drove my wife to work at 5:30 and now at 8am am leaving for work myself.

Remember where you are - it's a discussion thread on a little-known gaming news site. Hardly going to change the world.

News Comments > Are "Let's Play" Streams Legal?
65. Re: Are Jan 29, 2018, 18:56 Lorcin

Should be illegal and I can make quite a compelling argument.

A couple of months back my son had a friend over who tried Cuphead for the first time. Not only did he know the names of the bosses he then proceeds to start beating them, one-shotting at least one.

"Oh do you have this?" says I
"Nah, seen it on youtube" he replies

After playing for a while I ask him if he likes it, which he does.

"Are you going to pick up a copy?" says I
"Nah, I was going to but I watched it all on youtube" he replies.

What the actual. Aside from the fact I simply can't get my head around watching somebody else play a game, the streamers, in this case, have DEFINITELY cost a sale.

It's not just my son and his mates - there are legions of teenagers out there who consider themselves gamers but actually spend more time watching people play games instead of playing them themselves. It's certainly having an impact on the industry which leads to fewer profits, which leads to less development money, which leads to fewer or lower quality games.

News Comments > GeForce NOW Beta
9. Re: GeForce NOW Beta Jan 12, 2018, 14:46 Lorcin

CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 11, 2018, 20:37:
Lorcin wrote on Jan 11, 2018, 19:00:
I'm spending about 90 mins sat in a parked car per work day due to the difference in my wifes and my hours. But this ain't gonna like mobile speeds I bet, and I only have a 2gb contract.

I'm seriously considering a switch because botw on Cemu is a lot of fun.

Dude. When you're sitting in your car and gaming... don't people who walk by, like, actually think you are playing with your dick?!

Or do you have the console taped to your wheel or dashboard so they can see yer hands?

Why would I care? The chunk at work before I start is in a private car park, a few other people from my town nap before they start. Journey is 35 mins most days but 1hr 15 at least once a week due to traffic so we all get there early.

The chunk outside my wife's is a public carpark - but all the shops are shut or shutting when I arrive!

News Comments > GeForce NOW Beta
6. Re: GeForce NOW Beta Jan 11, 2018, 19:00 Lorcin

I'm spending about 90 mins sat in a parked car per work day due to the difference in my wifes and my hours. But this ain't gonna like mobile speeds I bet, and I only have a 2gb contract.

I'm seriously considering a switch because botw on Cemu is a lot of fun.

News Comments > Star Citizen Alpha 3.1 in March
3. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 3.1 in March Jan 6, 2018, 12:43 Lorcin

I didn't know April 1st classed as late March cause you'd be a fool to believe this  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 25, 2017, 12:26 Lorcin

Merry Christmas! 12c grey and damp here in southern England, so pretty standard for 8 months of the year!  

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers and DOOM VFR Specs
4. Re: New GeForce Drivers and DOOM VFR Specs Nov 30, 2017, 17:46 Lorcin

Been reading tonight it does work on the Rift - just not the Touch; only gamepad (but I'm sure someone will mod it)

This comment was edited on Nov 30, 2017, 19:01.

News Comments > Nioh Mouse Support This Week
14. Re: Nioh Mouse Support This Week Nov 27, 2017, 15:43 Lorcin

Squirmer wrote on Nov 27, 2017, 15:22:
How does this game have 90% positive Steam reviews? Usually a bad port gets slammed. Wolfenstein 2 is only 70% positive mainly because of technical issues, but this game gets a free pass even with no mouse support? Hard to understand.

It's a really good game? It doesn't have the overwhelming melancholy of the souls series and the action is much faster paced. I'd have picked it up day 1 on PC if I hadn't already bought the PS4 version - never finished mainly because the graphics were just horrible (I'm not used to PS4 and do struggle dropping to 1080p and below, FFXV was the same).

Personally, I don't think this needs mouse support - it will make bow's hugely overpowered.

1246 Comments. 63 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo