Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Lorcin

Real Name Lorcin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Lorcin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 28, 2005, 12:16
Total Comments 1232 (Pro)
User ID 23558

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > GeForce NOW Beta
9. Re: GeForce NOW Beta Jan 12, 2018, 14:46 Lorcin

CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 11, 2018, 20:37:
Lorcin wrote on Jan 11, 2018, 19:00:
I'm spending about 90 mins sat in a parked car per work day due to the difference in my wifes and my hours. But this ain't gonna like mobile speeds I bet, and I only have a 2gb contract.

I'm seriously considering a switch because botw on Cemu is a lot of fun.

Dude. When you're sitting in your car and gaming... don't people who walk by, like, actually think you are playing with your dick?!

Or do you have the console taped to your wheel or dashboard so they can see yer hands?

Why would I care? The chunk at work before I start is in a private car park, a few other people from my town nap before they start. Journey is 35 mins most days but 1hr 15 at least once a week due to traffic so we all get there early.

The chunk outside my wife's is a public carpark - but all the shops are shut or shutting when I arrive!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > GeForce NOW Beta
6. Re: GeForce NOW Beta Jan 11, 2018, 19:00 Lorcin

I'm spending about 90 mins sat in a parked car per work day due to the difference in my wifes and my hours. But this ain't gonna like mobile speeds I bet, and I only have a 2gb contract.

I'm seriously considering a switch because botw on Cemu is a lot of fun.

News Comments > Star Citizen Alpha 3.1 in March
3. Re: Star Citizen Alpha 3.1 in March Jan 6, 2018, 12:43 Lorcin

I didn't know April 1st classed as late March cause you'd be a fool to believe this  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 25, 2017, 12:26 Lorcin

Merry Christmas! 12c grey and damp here in southern England, so pretty standard for 8 months of the year!  

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers and DOOM VFR Specs
4. Re: New GeForce Drivers and DOOM VFR Specs Nov 30, 2017, 17:46 Lorcin

Been reading tonight it does work on the Rift - just not the Touch; only gamepad (but I'm sure someone will mod it)

This comment was edited on Nov 30, 2017, 19:01.

News Comments > Nioh Mouse Support This Week
14. Re: Nioh Mouse Support This Week Nov 27, 2017, 15:43 Lorcin

Squirmer wrote on Nov 27, 2017, 15:22:
How does this game have 90% positive Steam reviews? Usually a bad port gets slammed. Wolfenstein 2 is only 70% positive mainly because of technical issues, but this game gets a free pass even with no mouse support? Hard to understand.

It's a really good game? It doesn't have the overwhelming melancholy of the souls series and the action is much faster paced. I'd have picked it up day 1 on PC if I hadn't already bought the PS4 version - never finished mainly because the graphics were just horrible (I'm not used to PS4 and do struggle dropping to 1080p and below, FFXV was the same).

Personally, I don't think this needs mouse support - it will make bow's hugely overpowered.

News Comments > Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy Released
1. Re: Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy Released Nov 10, 2017, 12:31 Lorcin

"This port, sadly, has very unintuitive keyboard controls (action buttons are Esc, TAB, F and Space, and they can't be remapped), while mouse controls the camera with no context sensitive or attack button mapped to the mouse buttons"

From gog review - yet somehow all the sheep around here aren't screaming like they did at nioh.

News Comments > EA to Acquire Respawn
13. Re: EA to Acquire Respawn Nov 9, 2017, 21:58 Lorcin

Wasn't Titanfall 2 one of the very few recent shooters that didn't contain loot boxes?

Guess what's coming in Titanfall 3!!!!

News Comments > How to Infest Nioh with Mice
3. Re: How to Infest Nioh with Mice Nov 8, 2017, 15:17 Lorcin

Ozmodan wrote on Nov 8, 2017, 13:00:
Better yet, just don't buy games without mouse support, maybe the devs will learn.

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Released
5. Re: Here I come! Nov 3, 2017, 13:48 Lorcin

They need to make a secret mode where you play a young boy trying to hide from Kevin Spacey's character from COD:AW  

News Comments > Nioh: Complete Edition Has Incomplete Controls (No Mouse)
8. Re: Nioh: Complete Edition Has Incomplete Controls (No Mouse) Nov 3, 2017, 12:45 Lorcin

Seems fair - having mouse aim on the bow would make it way easier  

News Comments > NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Launches
13. Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Launches Nov 2, 2017, 19:08 Lorcin

Saboth wrote on Nov 2, 2017, 15:42:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 2, 2017, 15:40:
It's a pretty sweet product, almost a 1080, but $50-100 less. Looks like the sweet spot is 1440P.

My regular 1070 already handles any game at 1440 maxed out though...

I could have sworn I heard Nvida say they'd never make a XX70ti.

Mine doesn't - I'm on a MSI 1070 Gaming X with it overclocked as far as I can push it with showing artefacts. I still have to turn the odd setting down. As for Elite with a Rift, some of those settings are off or low.

News Comments > Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Released; Menu Includes Countdown
17. Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Released; Menu Includes Countdown Oct 27, 2017, 17:47 Lorcin

I think I'm going to wait - I replayed The First Order during the summer. It wasn't as good as I remembered, I guess Doom raised my nostalgia remake bar so high this just came up short the second time.

I'll grab it on a sale but happy with Destiny for now.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Bans Follow-up
3. Re: Destiny 2 Bans Follow-up Oct 25, 2017, 21:04 Lorcin

Steele Johnson wrote on Oct 25, 2017, 20:50:
I never understood gamers who play games to cheat. I mean, it's not Vegas. What do you really get out of it?

I can see 2 reasons:

Bragging rights to friends who don't know you've cheated
Cutting the grind (ie fishing bots in WoW)

I don't think either of those reasons is worth getting banned for myself. One of the other raiders in my wow team got banned last year for a fishing bot - trouble is it wasn't just him. His mum, stepdad and brother all got banned the same day, the only one who didn't was his girlfriend. Trouble was it was only a ~10 man; I quit wow again before the team recovered.

News Comments > Third-Party Overlays Versus Destiny 2
17. Re: Third-Party Overlays Versus Destiny 2 Oct 25, 2017, 19:16 Lorcin

Wallshadows wrote on Oct 25, 2017, 15:03:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 25, 2017, 11:52:
Sounds like typical internet BS.

It sounds like bullshit but in the case of Afterburner it's actually a legitimate concern since it "hooks" in to the game code in order to provide the on-screen information which can potentially trigger an anticheat system. It's such a problem that the software includes "stealth" and anti-detection measures in order to minimize that potential problem.

The thing is is that I've never known it to be a problem with big studio releases whereas I sometimes have to wrestle with it when it comes to indie multiplayer titles like 7 Days to Die which flat-out refused to work until they updated their anticheat system to be compatible with the newest version I was using.

I don't know about the rest though but if they use a similar method of obtaining information then it's possible or at least more believable than being out of town and your brother logged in.

I would just turn off the overlay options but guess it's not worth risking a ban for an extra few mhz. Hope they officially debunk this soon though (I have 8-10 hours played with afterburner in the background)

Nevermind - debunked

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: iPhone 8 Oct 20, 2017, 11:33 Lorcin

They pretty much need to admit it's Pokemon Gone now  

News Comments > Another Star Citizen: Squadron 42 Delay?
50. Re: Another Star Citizen: Squadron 42 Delay? Oct 16, 2017, 19:18 Lorcin

It's a strange time when the blueness comments broadly agree with Derek Smart  

News Comments > Destiny 2 System Specs Unchanged
9. Re: Destiny 2 System Specs Unchanged Oct 13, 2017, 20:42 Lorcin

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 13, 2017, 20:16:
Did you fail to take into account the 2 additional REAL cores and not the hyper-threaded ones in the i3/pentium.

I erm don't look at minimum requirements tbh

News Comments > The Evil Within 2 is Out
2. Re: The Evil Within 2 is Out Oct 13, 2017, 12:19 Lorcin

Within, Out
Within, Out
Shake it all about

1232 Comments. 62 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo