Do you see, Blue, how cool it would be to moderate this post as a "troll?"

;-)
Dunkirk
Acts 17:28 - "For in Him we live, and move, and have our being."

Backend Software
Sep 26, 2001, 09:37
Backend Software Sep 26, 2001, 09:37
Sep 26, 2001, 09:37

Blue, maybe this is a really ignorant question, but have you ever considered using SlashCode for your site? It occurs to me that there not a whole lot of difference with what you're doing here and what Slashdot is doing there. True, there are other things like the plan updates that don't have an equivalent, and I'm sure there are others that I'm not discerning. It's just a question of effort. You could take something that a lot of other people are working on and tweak it, or continue to manufacture your own wheel. Anyway, just a question, to which I'm sure there is a good answer. I'm just not seeing it.

Thanks,
Dunkirk

Does this mean what I think it means?
Jul 13, 2001, 09:37
Does this mean what I think it means? Jul 13, 2001, 09:37

I just played this game through again a couple months ago, but I played it under my Windows 98 SE partition because of various issues under 2000. Nothing serious, but enough to make me reboot. I will get this and use it and play it again under 2000 because this is one of my top 3 all-time favorite games. If you've never played multiplayer Outlaws, you've never played multiplayer. (Without any "rocket launcher" weapon, it takes a lot more skill than most shooters.)

I for one am hoping that the response to this will be immense. I am thinking that some LucasArts hackers put this together to gauge the responsiveness of the community. Big response equals - what else? - interest in a sequel. I know there was a petition on the web (linked up here, of course) for an Outlaws sequel at one time, but there's no better way to get LucasArts' to know that there's a market for such a thing than by getting a ton of downloads of this update listed in their logs. So, if you're a fan of the game, whether you want to play it again or not, please download this update!

David "Dunkirk" Krider

Re: Yeah He Posted To The Wrong Thread :)
Re: Yeah He Posted To The Wrong Thread :) Jul 13, 2001, 09:37

I didn't *quite* post to the wrong thread. Between the time that I clicked the link to post to the Outlaws Patch discussion and the time I finished composing the message, the day's news had been posted, and something got mixed up in the linking. Sorry for the confusion.

dk

Does this mean what I think it means?
Jul 13, 2001, 08:54
Does this mean what I think it means? Jul 13, 2001, 08:54
Jul 13, 2001, 08:54

I just played this game through again a couple months ago, but I played it under my Windows 98 SE partition because of various issues under 2000. Nothing serious, but enough to make me reboot. I will get this and use it and play it again under 2000 because this is one of my top 3 all-time favorite games. If you've never played multiplayer Outlaws, you've never played multiplayer. (Without any "rocket launcher" weapon, it takes a lot more skill than most shooters.)

I for one am hoping that the response to this will be immense. I am thinking that some LucasArts hackers put this together to gauge the responsiveness of the community. Big response equals - what else? - interest in a sequel. I know there was a petition on the web (linked up here, of course) for an Outlaws sequel at one time, but there's no better way to get LucasArts' to know that there's a market for such a thing than by getting a ton of downloads of this update listed in their logs. So, if you're a fan of the game, whether you want to play it again or not, please download this update!

David "Dunkirk" Krider
85 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 5.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  ] Older