Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for gravity

Real Name gravity   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname gravity
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 18, 2005, 14:21
Total Comments 116 (Novice)
User ID 23497

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

News Comments > Overwatch Trailer

1. Re: Overwatch Trailer Jun 18, 2015, 20:06 gravity

Sooooo... is there anybody on Blue's that's super-excited about this?

I get the feeling nooooo....

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mirror's Edge Catalyst Title Confirmed

16. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jun 10, 2015, 14:49 gravity

Trevellian wrote on Jun 9, 2015, 22:54:
gravity wrote on Jun 9, 2015, 21:59:
SHUT UP... THERE WERE NO GUNS!!!

(watches new teaser/trailer)

GUNS?! DAMMIT!!!!!!

There were guns in the first game...

Right, exactly. My point (hence the missed sarcasm about 'there were no guns'), is that there appears to be additional interest in adding "more" to the combat/gunplay in this iteration.

That disappoints me.

News Comments > etc., etc.

4. Re: etc., etc. Jun 9, 2015, 22:04 gravity

... furthermore, Blue... you should consider a career in stand-up comedy. I'm fully invested and thinking that today's digital age would niche you into millionaire status within five years (assuming you aren't, already, in that status).  

News Comments > etc., etc.

3. Re: etc., etc. Jun 9, 2015, 22:01 gravity

I literally almost fell out of my chair at work when reading the "How a Video Game Is Release" article on Kotaku...

I couldn't resist reading it twice. It only became funnier. Had to make sure Blue linked it.

News Comments > Mirror's Edge Catalyst Title Confirmed

5. Re: Mirror's Edge Catalyst Title Confirmed Jun 9, 2015, 21:59 gravity

I have to say.. I'm heartened to see the four posts on here preceding me all basically saying "uh oh... this could be great," but let's lower the bar... (to quote Tom Papa) "LOWER... THE BAR..."

There's been massive numbers of attempts at 'PAR-KOOOOOR' as of late, but none have lived up to the levels that Mirrors Edge set. Maybe "Dying Light,"...... OK, yeah, Dying Light did respectable. However, Mirrors Edge had focus on simply parkour, and nothing but...

SHUT UP... THERE WERE NO GUNS!!!

(watches new teaser/trailer)

GUNS?! DAMMIT!!!!!!

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight NVIDIA GameWorks Trailer

24. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight NVIDIA GameWorks Trailer Jun 9, 2015, 11:30 gravity

Asmodai wrote on Jun 8, 2015, 17:49:
Dropping 10-20 frames a second just to give more realistic hair that you can only take true advantage of on anything bigger than 1920x1080/1200 with SLI top of the line Titan X's is a fucking joke.

I don't understand all the complaints about the hair thing.. I have a 970, and play on 1920x1080, fully Ultra settings, and don't *see* an issue (but I'm admittedly also not tracking actual framerate changes).

Are we still complaining about the human eye's inability to discern between frame rates above (for most people) 35 FPS, if not less?

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Sells 4M

15. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Sells 4M Jun 9, 2015, 11:20 gravity

ForgedReality wrote on Jun 9, 2015, 11:14:
Cutter wrote on Jun 9, 2015, 11:04:
Yes, you can and should sell mutes to most herbalists and some random shop vendors.

Thanks, I'll try that. Been playing DOTA2 the last couple of days to give myself a bit of a breather from this game. I'm still taking my time trying to complete side quests and shit. I should just move along with the story since I can always come back, but my OCD won't let me. :\

I was ignoring all the "?" markers as I collected all the side-quests. Last night, I decided to knock out the entire western coastline and did so (easily) in about 30 minutes. How did I miss that this was the 'levelling up' opportunity for the first 10 levels? No wonder I was busting my ass on some of the secondary quests... I never did the ?s!!

News Comments > On Sale

9. Re: On Sale Jun 9, 2015, 10:44 gravity

nin wrote on Jun 9, 2015, 08:35:
bobbyric wrote on Jun 9, 2015, 00:56:
I don't understand how you think GTA is shady just because of it's insurance. You're buying from an unverified seller

Strike 1.

The insurance policy is actually pretty genius from a business standpoint not only does it give them more revenue

Strike 2.

Without some kind of insurance policy getting people their keys without risk would be a huge issue

Strike 3.

Think you can do better?

I know I can. I use steam and gog.

jdreyer wrote on Jun 9, 2015, 07:23:
"Our sources are so untrustworthy that you need to buy insurance to ensure they're valid." No thanks.

Pretty much!

ALL THIS^^^

It's basically the 'black market' for 'possible piracy,' and I genuinely don't see how this is allowed by developers.

Does anyone have any sources of reputable discussions with developers, or even (ugh) AAA publishers where they touch on this sort of seller's store? I'm sure they have very poor opinions, as I can imagine their customer service departments are seeing an increase in complaints of keys not being functional.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation

5. Re: No Chance of Fallout 4 on Xbox 360 or PS3. Jun 8, 2015, 16:16 gravity

mag wrote on Jun 8, 2015, 15:47:
Could be as simple as them wanting larger game areas that won't fit into the meager ram on the PS3 or 360.

Ok, I can take that as a valid point. I guess I'm looking at this from a technical standpoint, focusing my confusion of the matter around the way GameBryo has worked in previous Fallout iterations.

In the past, from my understanding, the world was loaded 'on the fly,' as the player got closer to a potential 'boundary' the next segments would pre-load. This, from my understanding, was the 'hitching,' some would occasionally encounter, i.e.: in a "tri-state" area of the map where multiple boundaries existed.

Either way, I'm not complaining. Just a bit confused by these... boundaries, for lack of a better term.

The trailer though.. it just seems so last-gen, circa 2009 standards. I'm genuinely hoping we see some true upgrades and improvements to what has already been shown.

News Comments > etc.

4. Re: etc. Ant Simulator Alpha trailer. Jun 8, 2015, 12:24 gravity

Wait a minute..... wasn't there a DOS-based Ant-sim title back in the mid/late 90s?

There was a isometric lawn, you had to feed queens, build nests, explore, move/fly to different squares of the lawn, deal with lawn mowers, etc.?

Goodness that takes me back. Does anyone else remember this? What was the title name?!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation

2. Re: No Chance of Fallout 4 on Xbox 360 or PS3. Jun 8, 2015, 12:15 gravity

Wait.. why? Not that I care (as I don't have either, and prefer PC versions in all cases they are available), but...

(from the article)
"It is not coming to 360 and PS3, the stuff we’re doing will never work there," Bethesda's global community manager Matt Grandstaff said in a NeoGAF thread.
(end quote)

The stuff we've seen looks nothing like next-gen hardware mandatory. In fact, it looks like all F:NV/F3 mod-work at best (so far).

Mind you, it's very early still... but was anyone truly impressed with anything in that trailer? Can someone reference engine improvements to GameBryo that support leaving behind last-gen devices?

News Comments > Indie Developers on Steam Refunds

25. Re: Indie Developers on Steam Refunds Jun 8, 2015, 12:05 gravity

TheEmissary wrote on Jun 8, 2015, 11:50:
I think in the long run I think this will be good as it will force developers to try to release games that are stable and genuinely fun to play. If the game can be beaten in less than 2Hours with no replayability then thats a problem with the game design.

100% agree with this. There's been a lot of garbage lately on Steam... so much knock-off and lack of quality control that I've all but stopped launching it for the most part these days.

I've had more than one title purchased that was reasonably well received, but a complete farce less than two hours in, that I don't even trust the wide variety of aggregated opinions available on most titles (see MetaCritic, Steam reviews, even YouTube(rs)).

I just don't see this as being a bad thing in any way, nor do I think the (likely few) trollers abusing the refund system will get away with it for long without being flagged in some way... is that not addressed somewhere in their refund policy already?

News Comments > Amazon's Big PC Game Ambitions

29. Re: Amazon's Big PC Game Ambitions Jun 8, 2015, 09:39 gravity

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 8, 2015, 00:05:
No they do not profit like that and it's been really hit and miss lately.

Last 5 net incomes: http://www.wikinvest.com/stock/Amazon.com_%28AMZN%29/Data/Income_Statement

WHOA! Horror, what's with that 'Other Income' in 2015? -5.65 BILLION!? I see their Operating Income, as well being in the opposite direction... but what's with the huge shift from the previous four quarters?!

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation

3. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 30, 2015, 22:43 gravity

Mordhaus wrote on May 30, 2015, 16:56:
Oh cry me a river. Console boys getting to know what it feels like to lose promising games to a new platform, welcome to the PC struggle!

I think the agitating part is the switching of platforms entirely.

While it's not the *only* reason, I definitely was excited enough about SHs to buy a PS4 for that purpose... think about how that must feel.

All said, I hope there's a PC port. I'm sure it'd be even better than PT (graphically), and at least we could likely cook up some mods as well. So far, all but SH1 has been on the PC, excluding the silly exclusive titles that true fans didn't really care about.

That said, if any of those 'silly exclusive' SH titles were good, please enlighten me. I've only heard the opposite.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse

1. Re: Morning Metaverse May 28, 2015, 09:41 gravity

Wut?! Let me get this straight...

GTA: San Andreas is ESRB "Adults Only?" Furthermore, I don't see "Hatred" on the list, so... unless it's updated by release-dates only, I'm not seeing a common denominator on what classifies as requiring an "AO" rating for sure.

What's so concerning about GTA:SA still? Hot coffee, aside?

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits

12. Re: Evening Tech Bits May 28, 2015, 09:03 gravity

Darks wrote on May 27, 2015, 23:28:
So tell me again who invented the CPU? the Phone? Electricity? and a ton of other tech. So Yea, you can go away now.

Not Americans.. wait.. where are you going?

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits

10. Re: Evening Tech Bits May 28, 2015, 08:41 gravity

Paranoid Jack wrote on May 27, 2015, 21:50:
After eight years of Obama, seriously? Who had no experience in either politics nor business. Clearly he is in favor of more of the same?

No experience in politics.. save for that whole "Consitutional" thing, and community organization, short duration as a Senator, etc.

None of that counts in any way.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V NVIDIA Tweak Guide

35. Re: Grand Theft Auto V NVIDIA Tweak Guide Apr 22, 2015, 20:43 gravity

gravity wrote on Apr 22, 2015, 18:58:
gravity wrote on Apr 22, 2015, 16:54:
siapnar wrote on Apr 22, 2015, 15:31:
I don't have any custom music Quinn, so that can't be the problem.

It's very, very slight, the stuttering.

I think I'll try giving dx 10.1 a go tonight and see what happens. I'll try disabling soft shadows, too.

I run with Nvidia enabled Vsync. Seems to be fine compared to ingame Vsync but I'll try that again

Do let me know what you come across. I highly suggest trying just the DX 10.1 downgrade first. Keep in mind you'll lose ALL grass visuals (entirely). I'm willing to do without, until I can find a better solution, or they discuss a fix/patch.

While I found the solution to my issue on my own, I'm definitively not alone here:

Steam Discussion on GTAV and 10.1 stuttering

Interestingly enough, I decided to tweak and play again tonight - I see massive improvements in DX11, solidifying my belief that this was a temporary engine problem, that the community may have helped patch up.

I've now got all my grass back on, even Tessellation enabled - no stuttering yet.

Let us know how you fare?

34. Re: Grand Theft Auto V NVIDIA Tweak Guide Apr 22, 2015, 18:58 gravity

gravity wrote on Apr 22, 2015, 16:54:

I think I'll try giving dx 10.1 a go tonight and see what happens. I'll try disabling soft shadows, too.

I run with Nvidia enabled Vsync. Seems to be fine compared to ingame Vsync but I'll try that again

Do let me know what you come across. I highly suggest trying just the DX 10.1 downgrade first. Keep in mind you'll lose ALL grass visuals (entirely). I'm willing to do without, until I can find a better solution, or they discuss a fix/patch.

While I found the solution to my issue on my own, I'm definitively not alone here:

Steam Discussion on GTAV and 10.1 stuttering

29. Re: Grand Theft Auto V NVIDIA Tweak Guide Apr 22, 2015, 16:54 gravity

116 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >