Descending
Limit Results:

3 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: No subject
Jul 16, 2005, 13:38
Re: No subject Jul 16, 2005, 13:38
Jul 16, 2005, 13:38

"Also that argument for vietnam/WW2 etc. games coming out long after the actual event was because there were no computer games back then, and the ones that were around consisted of about 30 pixels. Sheesh, think before you speak."

Yes, YOU should think before you speak. Of COURSE there were no computer games back then, but there were other forms of popular entertainment, particularly movies, which is why I used THEM as an example ala the Vietnam war. Did you get that far in my post?

Re: What a terrible idea
Jul 16, 2005, 03:01
Re: What a terrible idea Jul 16, 2005, 03:01
Jul 16, 2005, 03:01

Zetler wrote: "Times are tough for a politically correct gamer such as myself. I turned to the UN game for the love I need but my team just stood around and pass sanctions after sanctions while the other team went on an ethic cleansing and WMD stockpiling rampage."

The UN definitely has a terrible record when it comes to stopping ethnic cleansing, no doubt about it. But if your comment about "WMD stockpiling rampage" is supposed to be in reference to Iraq and Hussein, then, in case you haven't noticed, the UN was RIGHT, and Bush Inc. were dead WRONG ... as in in 1700 dead U.S. soldiers and zero WMDs wrong ...

This comment was edited on Jul 16, 03:09.

Re: What a terrible idea
Jul 16, 2005, 02:41
Re: What a terrible idea Jul 16, 2005, 02:41
Jul 16, 2005, 02:41

I'd like to thank Kegel for being by FAR the biggest ASSH_LE in this thread. I would imagine it would be hard to be THAT stupid, but Kegel, you make it look easy. Congratulations buddy. Oh yeah, one more thing - go kill yourself.

As for the rest of you, I'm going to have to go against the majority here and side, somewhat, with SG22 ... Yes, there have been many PC games based on WWII, but they came out DECADES after that war had ended. The Balkans' conflict isn't exactly ancient history. To me, that makes it a little different ... Most forms of popular entertainment based on specific conflicts don't appear until years later, mostly because the death and suffering and controversy surrounding those conflicts are still too raw to be sanded down into "entertainment" (This was why there were virtually no Hollywood movies made about the Vietnam War, for instance, while that war was still being waged. "The Green Berets" was a rare exception.)

As for those of you who might want to downplay Serbian atrocities - yes, the Croats and Muslims killed some innocent people as well, but by far the most blame rests with the Serbs. It is the Serbs we have to thank for the term "ethnic cleansing." And just as many ordinary Germans were complicit in the Nazi horrors, so too were many of the Serbian people. In fact I'd argue that a majority of the Serbian people think their countrymen did nothing wrong in that conflict, and continue to blame everyone but the Serbs for what happened ...

"No Mans Land" is a good movie, and demonstrates how utterly useless the UN was when it came to doing anything, but it certainly doesn't absolve the Serbs for the majority of the responsibility.

3 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older