Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Karl J. S.

Real Name Karl J. S.   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname swedishfriend
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Smart, loving and confident.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 29, 2005, 17:37
Total Comments 167 (Novice)
User ID 23407

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
17. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 17, 2013, 14:38 swedishfriend

Verno wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 10:06:
Microsoft's Xbox One games will be $60.

Was this ever in doubt? Geez if they thought about doing $70 that would have been the only way this thing could get worse.

MS has said that their DRM will allow for lower priced games.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
10. Re: Sunday Consolidation May 26, 2013, 12:36 swedishfriend

The WiiU is competing with PS3 and 360 and when they get lower prices to make more room for their new systems what will happen to the U? IMO the WiiU would have to be same price or lower otherwise why not go for a PS3 or 360 that both have a huge game library? Nintendo should be able to hit a much lower price than it currently stands at but I doubt that it will be 199 or 149 where its competition will be.  

40. Re: Morning Consolidation May 24, 2013, 15:48 swedishfriend

so, Wii + PS3 + 360 = close to 300 million. Therefore not a crazy idea to sell 400 million to 1 billion of Xbox one over 10 years? That guy explaining his numbers doesn't make it seem any less crazy IMO. 75 million xbox 360s currently (about 1/3 are re-buys according to the article). Seems like they would be lucky to sell to 50 million users considering they have the negative buzz this time around.  

News Comments > Xbox One Announced
39. Re: Xbox One Announced May 21, 2013, 16:21 swedishfriend

Looks like similar GPU / CPU to PS4 but with DDR3 instead of GDDR5. We don't know how fast the CPU on the PS4 will be but it won't be lower than 1.6GHz. MS going for a lighter spec machine but will include kinect while the PS4 seems like it will come with the new camera but they have not confirmed that yet. As long as the PS4 is priced decently it will be a must-buy for me. Probably a new Wip3out game will show up relatively soon and I will be set.  

News Comments > Double Fine Gets Emotional About Game Rights
7. Re: Double Fine Gets Emotional About Game Rights May 12, 2013, 14:43 swedishfriend

Dev wrote on May 12, 2013, 13:53:
If they wanted them, they should have bid more on them lol.
This is only for the console distribution of the current games, so I don't much care.

Also, by publicly saying they are emotionally attached and want the rights, they probably just doubled whatever the selling price would have been.

The auction was bundles of stuff. They would have had to pay for many things they were not interested in just to get their publishing rights back.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
2. Re: Sunday Tech Bits May 12, 2013, 14:34 swedishfriend

I still feel a disconnect between my hand and the mouse cursor on the screen using windows 7. On my Amiga it feels more instant, less disconnected. My core duo macbook (first intel generation) has about half the latency when doing audio recording compared to current hardware running windows 7.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue May 12, 2013, 12:38 swedishfriend

These days at least a third of the country is worried because of this illegal activity that they take part in. I expect a huge boon if so much worry, fear and paranoia leaves the culture. The baseline for fear and paranoia will change so even if you don't use it you will still feel a difference in your daily life.  

News Comments > Double Fine Gets Emotional About Game Rights
3. Re: Double Fine Gets Emotional About Game Rights May 12, 2013, 12:17 swedishfriend

"...all this money..."

Might be like $5. They didn't say how much Nordic Games want for publishing rights for those 2 small titles.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. May 7, 2013, 12:24 swedishfriend

STFU about valve time. They are one of the most prolific developers out there.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
9. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 10, 2013, 11:31 swedishfriend

In other news: Housing prices in Austin just jumped up 25%.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
18. Re: Evening Q&As Apr 3, 2013, 12:03 swedishfriend

Umbragen wrote on Apr 3, 2013, 09:35:
Trying to think of someone whose opinion I give less of a shit about...

Richard Garriott, maybe.

So two of the most influential people in gaming don't interest you? Why are you reading about games on the internet?

14. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 25, 2013, 13:48 swedishfriend

PHJF wrote on Mar 25, 2013, 11:38:

Without actually reading the article, I'm a little excited for the PS4 because I think it's good news for PC gaming for a few reasons. We'll see.

I'm a little excited because maybe I'll get to play Last Guardian now! Huzzah!

There are so many PS3s out there and once they go below $200 they will sell even more. For a game that has been worked on so long it would be a bad idea to try to sell it to the much smaller market of a new console. Don't get me wrong I would love if they have been working on moving it over to the next gen for a while already. So much more money to be made on the PS3 though.

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Reviews Soar
15. Re: BioShock Infinite Reviews Soar Mar 25, 2013, 13:37 swedishfriend

System shock was barely playable. It doesn't matter how good the rest of the ingredients are if I don't ever want to keep playing it.  

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Budget Rumor Denied
30. Re: BioShock Infinite Budget Rumor Denied Mar 23, 2013, 11:10 swedishfriend

Looks like Bioshock sold close to 6 million units so far. That has to be a commercial success for such a small game.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 21, 2013, 20:53 swedishfriend

When I have gone to a 3D movie in a theatre it has been great. Only see 3D films that were shot that way would be my recommendation. I don't understand the hate.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: gaming industry crashing Mar 21, 2013, 20:27 swedishfriend

Gaming has never been mainstream before. The big publishers are not the only game in town these days. It is very easy to find out about the quality of a game before buying these days. Plus there are many more high quality games now than there ever were before in history. Gaming today is very different from the way it was in 1983.  

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Mar 21, 2013, 19:55 swedishfriend

crysis 3 seems to be 33% off. $20 dollars less than $60. 1/3rd off or 33%  

17. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 20, 2013, 23:17 swedishfriend

Reading the full article I must point out that they are talking about being able to keep games up to date in low power states. They are not talking about requiring an internet connection to play games.  

16. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 20, 2013, 23:13 swedishfriend

Redmask wrote on Mar 20, 2013, 21:20:
mag wrote on Mar 20, 2013, 19:13:
Cutter wrote on Mar 20, 2013, 16:37:
All Sony has to do to win is not do that and allow used game sales.

Sony already said that they are going to allow used game sales.

Apparently they walked it back after the event and said no plans are finalized yet. Lame.

Nope. Regarding used games and always on connection they have said they will not do either of those. This was after their event. They cannot stop an individual game from doing these things though.

15. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 20, 2013, 23:03 swedishfriend

Sony has said officially that they will not restrict used games. They have also said that they will not require an always on connection.  

167 Comments. 9 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo