Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Karl J. S.

Real Name Karl J. S.   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname swedishfriend
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Smart, loving and confident.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 29, 2005, 17:37
Total Comments 189 (Novice)
User ID 23407

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation MW2 Oct 13, 2009, 10:37 swedishfriend

I love how the developers had to fight tooth and nail to make a modern warfare game instead of another ww2 shooter. Activision seems to have no active vision.... (8-)  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
13. Fatal Inertia almost 1080 Res. Sep 17, 2006, 17:32 swedishfriend

Those new Fatal Inertia screens are 1920 x 1006, The older screens are 1280 x 720...

This game has improved graphics everytime there are new screenshots, I wonder if they are officially upping the resolution as well?

-Karl

News Comments > Return to Return to Castle Wolfenstein
27. only 3 titles before christmas? Oct 5, 2005, 09:50 swedishfriend

Did anymone notice that only PDZ, PGR and Kameo were listed as pre-christmas titles (in this article anyway) the rest were listed as other titles on display.

-Karl

News Comments > Return to Return to Castle Wolfenstein
26. No subject Oct 5, 2005, 09:49 swedishfriend

Did anymone notice that only PDZ, PGR and Kameo were listed as pre-christmas titles (in this article anyway) the rest were listed as other titles on display.

-Karl

85. Re: Not Just Gyros Sep 16, 2005, 16:58 swedishfriend

Well those gyroscopic mice people were comparing this controller to are no where near being able to work as a fully 3D pointer. HUGE difference. You need external sensors as is decribed as fitting above or below the TV to triangulate a 3D position in space.

As to looking weird while using it, I have yet to see a single console player who just sits still while playing a game. People eventually end up leaning and moving the controller and themselves around as they get into a heated battle or a tricky part of a game.

Jensen, I did not just make up the stuff I wrote. I read it in different parts of IGN's coverage. For example one article talks about the sensor being under the TV and another mentions the sensor to go on top of the TV so probably you could choose since not everyone's TV situation will let them use the top position. Everything I wrote was taken from various IGN articles they have posted in the last day or so since the Nintendo keynote speech, look it up!

-Karl

78. Not Just Gyros Sep 16, 2005, 16:07 swedishfriend

To all the posts that assume it is just a motion sensing controller: you are missing part of the picture.

The new revolution controller is a fully 3D pointer.
It recognizes Heading, Pitch, Bank and POSITION in 3D Space.

There is a sensor that you put on top of or below your TV that provides 3D positioning in addition to the motion sensors in the controller to give you full rotational and spatial input!!!

Check out the IGN coverage for these details.

This comment was edited on Sep 16, 16:20.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Opera reg Code. Aug 30, 2005, 16:42 swedishfriend

I use Opera at home and Firefox at work so I am frequently reminded of the slowness and missing features in Firefox.

Some examples:
- Mouse gestures - Great feature!!!
- I type "wired" on the address bar and hit enter and www.wired.com is finished loading before firefox would have even figured out to try www.wired.com.
- Intelligent "forward" function. If I am looking at a picture from a gallery of thumbnails I can hit forward and it will load up the next picture in the gallery without me having to navigate back to the gallery and picking the next picture.
- Fast and easy "Zoom" function to zoom in our out on any page. (Does Firefox have this at all, I cannot find that function, seems like it would be standard)
- Speed and compatibility. Pages load real fast and Opera is standards compatible.

-Karl

PS. If there are firefox options I have not found that would remedy some of these differances please let me know!

This comment was edited on Aug 30, 16:45.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: In Explaining Life's Complexity... Aug 22, 2005, 13:39 swedishfriend

Actually thwart, there are some people who rely on evidence and there are some people who rely on some old stories collected in a big book. I don't think you will find many physicists who will rule out a "creator" but they are not going to say that thery have evidence of one either. The forces of nature cause evolution to happen, how or why the forces of nature are what they are is something that humans may never know but science is a way to get closer and closer to the truth in a verifiable manner.

Evidence supports evolution. Why do you need a creator that acts like a petty human? Why can't creationists agree that all any human can say honestly is that there has to be something infinite that did not have a start but what that is or how it influences our universe is something we just don't know.
-Karl

10. Re: Analysts predictions = bupkus Jun 29, 2005, 13:47 swedishfriend

I agree that analyst opinions matter but these are just way off. The PS3 will debut at the same price as the PS and the PS2: $299. It simply cannot cost more and be a competitor.

Also, I guess that these analysts didn't hear that Sony told its business partners that the PS3 would cost less than 40000 Japanese Yen which would put it at around the same price point as the PS and PS2 launch price of 39800 Yen.
-Karl

189 Comments. 10 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo