Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Karl J. S.

Real Name Karl J. S.   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname swedishfriend
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description Smart, loving and confident.
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 29, 2005, 17:37
Total Comments 204 (Novice)
User ID 23407

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 6, 2018, 18:17 swedishfriend

This was a South Park episode many years ago. Lots of motorcyclists came to town and they made a lot of noise and smoke so the kids hated them and called them fags. The adults were horrified that the kids were homophobic but that just confused the kids who were not homophobic. That word just means "asshole" or "jerk" to them. I can easily believe that you can hear that word your whole life and never know it has anything to do with gay people since it is almost always just used as a general slur. I just find it crazy that most of the comments just point out that he must have heard the word used so many times in life and culture but that neglects the fact that you never get definitions when the word is used to that way.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
6. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jul 22, 2018, 01:26 swedishfriend

never had an iphone but I had an iPod touch 4 and 5. Those things crashed more often than my windows machines. My galaxy S5 still works great. It does get slower after a few days without a restart but the ipods would slow down and also crash pretty much daily. Not sure why an OS with such limited variations of hardware would crash daily while my windows machines that I always piece together myself would stay up for months.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 18, 2018, 16:46 swedishfriend

So youtube game streams are not as popular as Twitch game streams but overall youtube sees 20 times as many visitors per month. That larger Youtube community matters a lot more than the one segment of live game streams if you want to talk grip. The popularity could shift within a day or two if there was a reason since so many use youtube anyways.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
16. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 25, 2018, 20:45 swedishfriend

The man who got killed just opened the door and got shot. There was no time to comply with anything.  

15. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 25, 2018, 20:44 swedishfriend

Tesla lawsuit was about the people paying for it and it not working for months. It is not about safety.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 19, 2018, 10:20 swedishfriend

Net neutrality is good for ATT and Comcast, even if that is not what they wanted it is still good news for them as businesses.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
13. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 28, 2018, 19:16 swedishfriend

Regarding MS banning stuff on their servers: Be prepared for similar moves by all sites that let users post stuff. 3 laws regarding the internet passed with the USA budget a few days ago and one of them removes the safe harbor protections that protected ISPs and websites from liability for things that their users post.

Used to be that as long as service providers acted on copyright takedowns and other lawful requests then they were immune to prosecution or lawsuits regarding content posted by or actions of their users. Now service providers are 100% liable for everything that their users post on their services. Expect big changes unless this law gets struck down in court.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 14, 2018, 02:26 swedishfriend

Tesla says its prices will still be cheaper than filling up with gas according to article, one problem: %0.26 per KWh x 260kwh = $68 to fill up your Tesla... Gas prices are not this high these days... So What am I missing?  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 14, 2018, 02:20 swedishfriend

118 claims from 130,000 employees has to be a good rate but out of that 118 MS HR only found basis for 1. Probably that second rate is not too good...  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
6. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Feb 26, 2018, 04:33 swedishfriend

Intel has been aware of this problem with predictive computing for years... no reason to think they are close to solving the problem now. Plus, experts seem to be saying there might not be a solution beyond not doing predictive computing and that sets CPU speed back by a couple of decades...  

2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 24, 2018, 12:32 swedishfriend

No mention of dynamic range in the article... The samples didn't look so good compared to existing cameras like the A7sII. I guess the article is really saying that the numbers are ridiculous as opposed to actual performance being ridiculous.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 24, 2018, 12:27 swedishfriend

Net neutrality rules didn't apply to wireless anyways. ISP s being regulated under title 2 did not apply to wireless internet.  

1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 18, 2018, 10:04 swedishfriend

Disney is suing to enforce its TOS (as if there is a contract simply when buying and opening a product). TOS has never held up in court. This will be an interesting test.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 16, 2018, 11:34 swedishfriend

"Falling" for using a tool that was working for them and now with the instability it makes less sense to use so people are using it less? The US dollar gets hoarded and controlled by a few wealthy individuals so are we falling for a scam by using that currency?  

3. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 16, 2018, 11:30 swedishfriend

"Suckers"? It is a currency. You use it to buy something or when selling something... It feels like you are calling a tool like a hammer a scam and people are suckers for using it. Either it is useful or not, and people were using it because it worked for them so why were they scammed or are suckers?  

5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 17, 2017, 17:50 swedishfriend

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 16, 2017, 12:20:
“Two years from now, spam will be solved” – Bill Gates, founder and then Microsoft's Chairman [World Economic Forum, January 2004]
The one thing I wish had come true.

He was right. I have not had a problem with spam for at least that long. Filters work and have been working.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization, truckers Nov 17, 2017, 10:25 swedishfriend

The Tesla trucks do not drive themselves. They have automatic safety features. In a convoy they are twice as cheap as diesel and even cheaper than trains so I would imagine there to be a need for more truckers until the trucks do drive themselves.  

News Comments > Wireless HTC Vive Focus Details
2. Re: ..... Nov 16, 2017, 00:34 swedishfriend

How is this message spreading Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt? That is actually what your comment is doing. Also Gear VR is not nearly the same experience as VR units that do head tracking and controller tracking. Different experience and different markets. Vive also has the most software support out of all the VR experiences. PSVR has apparently sold more than all the others combined... I guess I am confused as to why Gear VR is such a great thing to aspire to. Especially compared to modern VR with low latency and full head tracking.  

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 11, 2017, 11:43 swedishfriend

They do a very wide view with similar screen door effect to headsets that only give you a view that is 100 degrees wide. The higher screen resolution leaves smaller spaces in-between pixels no matter what the input resolution is. They also can run a 75-82hz adaptive refresh which helps with higher resolutions and is supposedly hard to distinguish from a true 90hz mode which they also offer. Basically you get a much wider field of view without making the screen-door effect (space between pixels) worse. Then when graphics hardware gets better you can also make use of that higher resolution.  

8. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 11, 2017, 11:07 swedishfriend

Louis CK hasn't been accused of any crimes, not even predatory behavior. He never threatened anyone or promised anything. He wanted to expose himself to people that he apparently admired and would ask them if it was OK. That is terribly misguided but certainly not the same as criminal predatory behavior.  

204 Comments. 11 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo